• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Running Triangles (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
CamareeMartin.png
°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。
OUTFIT: X | LOCATION: The Strykers' Club (Sitting at the counter) | FEELING: Irked
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
Camaree.pngOh yeah. That's why. Camaree is leaned forward on the counter with an elbow, resting her cheek into her fist as margarita slews into her stomach with sweet and salty effervescence. If she wasn't yet in a bad mood, she definitely is now.

Feeling a strange vibration at her ear like hushed wind, and hearing Daphne's voice so close, redness melts through Camaree's cheeks and she jolts in the shoulders with a soft gasp. Huh!? She looks at Daphne and reflexively flinches her head back with blinking surprise. "D-Don't get so close," she stutters out, touching a shaky hand to the new warmth of her face.

"I-I don't even know her, so how would I understand her fashion rationale. You're incredibly nosey, you know? Tell me about yourself, instead, jeez."

Just then, the devil herself walks by, bringing Camaree to a breathless halt as she immediately directs her gaze beyond the counter at the wall of liquors and brews. Valori's wink goes unnoticed as a result, but even if it hadn't, Camaree might perceive it as a threat.

"Here's that sangria Miss..." Benton returns, doing with Daphne's drink as he did with Camaree's, and asking again for her name, to which Camaree bites out, "It's Daphne, Benton. Perhaps she didn't tell you for a reason-" The tone of her own voice catches her off guard, and she realizes, now, how sour she's letting herself become over something that had nothing to do with him in the first place. "I... uhm... I'm sorry," Camaree shakes her head, closing her eyes tight. She can almost feel that margarita--two or three more and she might even be tipsy, as her meter fills quickly--five or six and she might even have to lay down.
°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。
Life. Life. (Benton) dazzling dazzling (Daphne) TerrorKitty TerrorKitty (Valori mentioned)​

Daisy.PNG
LOCATION || Stryker's Club ... FEELING || Slightly Embarrassed, Pumped10.27.19 daisy.png

Daisy immediately felt all her stress and frustration with the night melt away as those arms of her shorter friend wrapped enthusiastically around her. They were hopping up and down. It’d been almost twenty years since Daisy had last done such a childish thing, but she couldn’t help but love being dragged into De'jah's hurricane like atmosphere. She felt young and alive.

"Bitch, don't underestimate my imagination. I've seen idiocy, believe it, baby. Fuckin' Naruto. Believe it!... Anyway, look at this outfit. Don't you love it?"

The younger woman broke the hug and stood back with a snap of her hip. Her arm shot into the air, and her head threw back, her hair falling behind her like waterfall. Daisy felt a warm smile spread across her face at the proud display, and brought a hand to her chin in a teasing manner as she judged her friend's outfit choice.

De'jah's legs were drowned in blue balloon pants that had bright yellow buckles wrapped around them. She also sported a matching yellow halter top which complimented the dark ebony skin that shone between bottoms and top. She looked amazing. And this suddenly made Daisy feel a little embarrassed at her own worn out work clothes, only made club worthy by the expensive leather jacket that she now stuffed her fists in.

"You look amazing gurl! Like you walked out of a music video!" She smiled widely covering any evidence of her nerves. She'd gotten good at doing that, covering her emotions. When you came from the life she'd escaped, it was necessary for survival to have an unreadable poker face. She swore that next time she'd break out that cute 50s red dress that she had hanging in her closet for such occasions.

"I want to get you your first drink as thank you for inviting me tonight!" Daisy yelled, trying to be heard over the noise of the place,
"What's you poison?"

Last edited:

GWENDOLEN LUKAS

862650.jpg

FEELING // excited
LOCATION // striker's bar
WITH // Tyler Abernathy, Brinlee Striker
TAG // Danoram Danoram Life. Life.

Gwen was taken aback for a moment, her eyes widening at Tyler's offer of being "more her type". In the span of a second, she burst out into stifled giggles.

"Sorry! Sorry," her words managed to slip between heavy breaths. "It's just...." She looked for the right words, pausing to catch her breath. "I really can not imagine you as a 'bad boy', you're just such a sweetheart." Gwen hoped the words came off as innocently as she intended. The mental image of Tyler Abernathy, with his hearing aids and scruffy hair, hanging out in an ally and smoking a cigarette, was less than intimidating. Adorable, even - like a kid playing dress-up. But god forbid she tell him that; Gwen did not need more reasons to feel horribly awkward around her friends.

Delving into her sandwich, Gwen fails to notice the way that Tyler abstains from touching his own. Even though he was the one who invited her to eat; the thought was no more than a passive observation.

When he accepts her offer, Gwen can't help but smile with relief. The relief doesn't last long. Can't drink. Won't drink? Her mind frets over the particulars. She didn't want to force him to come if he would just be surrounded by drunk idiots (especially if she was one of those drunk idiots), but the selfishness inside her held her back from protesting. Who was she to ask about his apprehension to alcohol?

"Uh, yeah, sure!" Her hands strayed to the napkin in her lap, wiping the grease from her hands. "I can get Brin to store the boxes in her fridge. She won't mind." Eh, that last part was subjective. God knows how many times Gwen had left food in the Stryker sister's bar fridge, only to get too drunk to remember to take it home. One more box of week-old food and Brin might start to vengefully hide them around the librarian's small apartment.

The bar was nothing short of popular, even despite the fact that it had only opened shortly before their arrival. Not surprising, what else can you really do on a Saturday night in small-town America? A sense of pride welled up in Gwen, purely out of admiration for her friend's success. That pride may have been fueled by her similar desire to get completely inebriated.

The half-eaten Tuna Melt shuffled in its styrofoam home. Tyler, earlier in the walk, had insisted on carrying them both; but Gwen snatched her box back with a laugh. 'Not this time, Abernathy. How else are you going to work on your bad-boy schtick?' Their bantered had continued all the way to the bar itself, leaving Gwen in a satisfied state of warmth and laughter upon their arrival. Bad boy - yeah, right.

As they entered, Gwen scoped the space for her best friend, spotting her near the entrance, welcoming a guest.

"Brin!" Gwen called excitedly, waving her box in the air. Before the other woman had a chance to walk over, Gwen turned to Tyler, her voice raised due to the bar's energetic music. She tried to enunciate well, making up for the garbled mess that her voice likely sounded to her hard-of-hearing friend.

"So, if alcohol is off the table, maybe I can buy you a rum and coke - hold the rum?"

TylerAbernathy.png
OUTFIT: Black T, ripped jeans | LOCATION: Strykers' | FEELING: Confused | EXTRA: Hearing-aids (40% battery)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
Tyler.pngTyler steps into the Club behind Gwendolen, taking the door with one hand while the other occupies it's respective pocket--loose, baggy jeans without the support of a belt to keep them up. To think they were tight on him just a few months ago. As for the shirt, it fits him quite nicely, one might think. He's slender, yes, but in all the right places.

Immediately, but uncaringly so, his eyes take notice of a girl by the bar; two of them, in fact, and both of them sitting side-by-side. Camaree Van Martin--his ex girlfriend of one year--and Daphne Coleman--something of a good friend with whom he's not afraid to argue.

His lips twitch into a brief smile before resembling that more of a cringe at the distorted combination of noises. Be it conversation or music, Tyler cannot tell, so he focuses on Gwendolen's lips as she turns to him.

She offers an alternative to drinking, at which he manages a genuine laugh with the back of his hand to conceal his cheesy smile. Then, he tells her, and rather loudly in a sub-concious attempt to hear himself as his attention flits about the area, "Aaah- 'at's a worthy offer." He nods his head and looks back to Gwendolen, meeting her gaze, "I'll take it if you let me take you home tonight."

Better than someone else, he thinks, having notice already several pairs of hungry eyes ogling at the woman.

He further clarifies, "And drop you off safely before I'm on my way." Tyler's smile perfectly embodies his pure and honest intentions, still as true as gold when he adds a flirtatious wink to the gesture, saying, "I'll try not to get too trashed in that case." Static buzzes in his ears like a bad radio signal barely breaking through when someone stumbles by behind him, spouting off a slew of words in all their jumbled dribble. Tyler's cheerful and relaxed demeanor comes to an abrupt transformation as he feels his balance waver, having been knocked into.

He turns to glare at the older man--but to no avail, as he's already gone with the crowd. Inhaling through his nose, eyes closed, he calms himself down in order to face Gwendolen again--and so he does with another smile, but this one slightly less vibrant. "Bit of a crowd, yeah?" His voice is hushed, and while he can't hear it, he's sure that Gwendolen can. "But how 'bout it?"
callisto callisto (Gwendolen) Life. Life. (Brinleee) dazzling dazzling (Daphne and Camaree mentioned)​

Last edited:
Jamie Rodriguez
Interacted: Emma (kind of?) @TerrinX| Mentioned: Sam | Location: Sam and Emma's Cabin
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Cool night air swirled around Jamie, washing over his puffy green coat and his thick leather boots. His hands were securely stuffed away into his pockets in a small attempt to get away from the night chill. Leaves and twigs snapped under his heavy footsteps, and the looming trees up ahead sent stark shadows flying down over his feet. The lights of Omen were far behind him. He was walking in what he called the 'no man's land' of Omen-- The space between his sister's cabin and the rest of the town was completely bare except for grass and leaves. It was only a few minute walk, but nonetheless one that wasn't his favorite. Thankfully, he could see warm light streaming from the windows of the small house, and he picked up his pace to get there faster.

It was a habit of his, checking on his sister. Maybe it was originally caused by the strict lecturing his parents gave to make sure he kept Sam safe, but since then, it had evolved past that. Unlike most brother-sister pairs, Sam and Jamie had no horror stories to tell of each other. They more coexisted, staying out of each other's ways but keeping them in mind. And both of them were fine with that. Still, it was Jamie's moral obligation to check up on her. He neared to cabin, gingerly stepping up onto the wooden porch before pulling a key out of his pocket and fumbling it into the door. He jiggled it around before the door unlocked, and he briskly stepped into the cabin.

It was lit by warm lamps, and the plush couches seated around a small black TV invited him with just as much temptation as always. But he stayed by the door, his hand still idling on the knob, and called out. "Sammy, it's Jamie! I can make you cookies again if you have peanut butter," He finished. Sam's "payment" for him checking in on her so much was that every once in a while she would make him cookies. Peanut butter and brown sugar was her favorite, but the girl often ate all the peanut butter before he could get to it.

Emma Styles
Interacted: Jamie Rodriguez dazzling dazzling | Mentioned: Sam | Location: Sam and Emma's Cabin
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

warmth_by_rosuuri_dd0h8jf-pre.png
Emma stepped out of the kitchen rubbing her eyes, making small mewling sounds, seemingly half asleep. "Hi, Jamie.." She muttered so softly she may as well been whispering. The small girl wasn't wearing anything other than an overly large red shirt with a large white heart on it, which happened to fit perfectly around her bust which seemed large on her small frame. "Sammy went out." She added before sleepily walking toward the taller boy and taking his hand and gently tugging on him, a touch so light if she wasn't visible she may have been mistaken for a ghost.

Guiding Jamie into the kitchen Emma let go of his hand and took the still hot kettle and poured two cups with the steaming liquid before patting her tiny feet over to a cabinet and reaching up to the tea boxes barely able to touch them with her small delicate fingers. As she stood on her tippy toes doing this, the pink hem of her panties peeked out for just a moment of her oversized shirt dress.

Finally getting the tea she was looking for, Emma quietly walked back to the cups and dropped the tea bags in. Then walking back to the cabinet and once again straining to put the tea back in its place, but making it just barely. The sleepy woman smiled softly as she put the tea on the table and pushed one to the other side as she sat, inviting Jamie to take a seat himself and she began to blow gently on the swirling water.

[div class=wrapper] [div class=header]Alec Clemson[/div]
[div class=container][div class=scrollbar]
Of course Teresa Woods would be here. Alec sighed, quickly pulling his gaze away and cupping a hand by his temple. The last thing he wanted right now was to attract her undesirable attention. It would either involve more ABC's for her diseases or a lecture of some sort that would just spread a bucket load more of rumors.

He hadn't noticed Brinlee, one of the Strykers, until she'd leaned up against the counter with a look that spoke anything but cheerful. Her voice was barely audible underneath the pelting of club music, "Welcome to Stryker's Club. Have you been helped yet?" Alec straightened then, letting his hand drop back to the counter. "Not yet," he'd replied as he too leaned forward, not wanting to waste his time at raising his voice.

"Just tequila, please." It was around his order that he heard an obnoxious voice above the hiphop. It sounded something akin to Naruto. Alec turned in his stool, gaze lingering over the formed crowd until his attention was met with snow-white dreads, dark skin, and a vibrant choice of attire. A black woman, one he'd only met on occasion while passing her by on the streets, came into view just a across the bar. Her name didn't immediately come to him even as she excitedly pointed to the ceiling, the action and her facial expression both bringing Alec to a slip of a smile.
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: 6-7pm | Location: Stryker's| Feeling: Irritated| Mentions: Life. Life. (Brinlee) Danoram Danoram (De'jah)[/div] [/div]
[class=header] text-transform:uppercase; font-family:Poiret One; color:WHITE; font-size:15px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:4px; [/class] [class=wrapper] position:relative; max-width:auto; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; border:3px solid #232528; [/class] [class=wrappernoborder] border:3px solid #232528; position:relative; color:WHITE; font-family:georiga; max-width:550px; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; [/class] [class=accord] width:auto; color:WHITE; overflow-y: auto; box-sizing: content-box; background: #260101; text-align:right; font-size:11px; visibility: visible; font-family:georiga; [/class] [class=scrollbar] overflow-y: auto; height: 100%; padding-right: 20px; padding-left: 10px; box-sizing: content-box; width: auto; [/class] [class=container] height:270px; color:silver; font-family:crimson pro; font-size:14px; background:transparent; text-align:justify; overflow:hidden; Width:auto; border: 1px solid rgba(173, 173, 172, 0.3); [/class] [class=credit] font-family:loto; font-weight:bold; font-size:10px; opacity:0.5; color:slategray; text-align:right; [/class]

De'jahPalmer.png
OUTFIT: X| LOCATION: The Strykers' Club at counter | FEELING: Talkative
De'jah.pngDe'jah easily hears Daisy over the music and nods to her offer, dropping her pose. "Hell yeah, baby! I've got a new concoction I'm finna request if they got chocolate milk."

She reaches out, taking Daisy by the hand, and leads her over to the bar. On one end, there sits Camaree Martin and, perhaps, a friend of hers with Benton Stryker across from them. On the other end, Brinlee Stryker, and across from her a guest who De'jah immediately recognizes, as she doesn't forget a handsome face--Alec Clemson, that daddy doctor she's heard a lot about since his moving here to Omen.

De'jah rapidly taps Daisy on the shoulder, speaking lowly, "Bitch, it's that sexy daddy-doctor I was telling you about. He moved here a few years ago~ I heard he's here all the time from one of the bitches at my parlor, so he's like a party-head or somethin' but, girl, I can get with that." On that last part, De'jah moves her head in a strange thrusting motion, afterward hanging her tongue out of her mouth before she faces the bar and waves out a hand, wiggling it frantically, "Can I get attention!" she calls.

"Brin!" but so does someone else. Turning around--her posture slouched as her elbows hold her weight against the counter--De'jah arches a brow to see Gwendolen Lukas, that gorgeous librarian, with Tyler Abernathy, the boy with lips like an angel's. They're standing by the entrance.

"Whaaaat~?" she breathes, cocking a smile. Then she says, tapping Daisy's arm again, "Gwendolen Lukas 'n' Tyler Abernathy. That boy hates me but I couldn't tell ya why, bish. Anyway, he's like this kid who died a couple years ago after falling off the memorial bridge down toward Southcreek, but he was resuscitated 'n' shit. Gwenny, there, supposedly prostitutes so most likely those two are bangin'. I can get with that, too, though." De'jah tilts her head back in laughter, then once more she looks around the club.

Across the room, she spots Lucas Kemp and Samantha Rodriquez--her old classmate--occupying a booth together with some drinks. "Ooooh? Sammy, girl, likes older men?... See that babe in the booth?" she asks Daisy, "The one with the bright-red hair? From what I hear, he's a stoner and I've heard people claim that he'll steal your dog but that shit's stupid, if ya ask me, girl. Don't it sound it? A-right it does. As for the girl across from him, bitch is clumsy as fuck but she cute." Finishing up, De'jah finally turns around again, leaning on the counter as she adds, "There's a lot of shit you'll hear about people--an' I'll tell you this, girl, ain't all of it true. If you want answers, you gotta be willin' t' ask... Anyway, one more time," De'jah sticks her hand up and wiggles it around, "Gotta girl dyin' o' thirst over here- Come on, babies."
NothingFancy NothingFancy (Daisy) Life. Life. (Brinlee) (Benton mentioned) callisto callisto (Gwendolen mentioned) WolfSol WolfSol (Alec mentioned) (Lucas mentioned) dazzling dazzling (Sammy mentioned) (Daphne mentioned)​

Last edited:
Benton Stryker
The terminology of snake, lioness, or just any other predatory animals being associated with women was making sense to Benton now as he felt Camaree's bite. Her tone and manner were not unfamiliar to him but in terms of their current setting, this was startling to him. It stung inside of him, almost like he had been slapped in the face. Something today must have really unnerved the brunette if she was snapping. She caught herself at the end and huffed out an apology. Benton stared her down with his mouth ajar. Her words were sincere but the situation wasn't any less tense. "No, you're ah...you're uhm fine. I-I uh I have to go and attend to other guests now." Perhaps leaving her some space with her friend would calm her down. There was no solid solution coming into his mind on how to help the young woman. Flashbacks of previous attempts of him trying to reassure the girl when she was stressing through something popped into his mind, but most of the time it was just the two of them together or with Brinlee intervening to ease the tensions.

"It was nice to meet you, Daphne. If you guys need anything else, just uhm let me or anyone else know," Benton grabbed the empty glass that was still next to Camaree and walked off, his mind still trying to think of any other words he could say to help Camaree. But his attention was turned over to one of the employees of the club as they made an announcement, "How's it going y'all? Are we all having a fun night? Yea! Well, remember tonight is karaoke night so if some of you are feeling brave and want to show off your singing skills or want to secretly serenade a song to that special person then come right on up! Let's sing our hearts out tonight! Wooo!"

Danoram Danoram
dazzling dazzling

Brinlee Stryker
The man's attention finally turned over to Brinlee once he heard her greeting, his first order being a tequila shot. "Sure thing," with a simple liquor, it did not take Brinlee long to pour out the small amount of liquid and prepare the lime and salt for him on a small dish. She placed the drink and dish down close to the man. "Here you go," Brinlee noticed that his attention was elsewhere, and out of curiosity her eyes followed. She saw two gals, close to the entrance of the club greeting each other with excited smiles. One was wearing a cute outfit of a yellow crop top and blue pants with accenting yellow accessories on it. The other was styling a gorgeous leather jacket.

Brinlee was about to ask the man a question regarding the women when she heard her nickname being exclaimed from somewhere in the club. She straightened herself up and scanned her surroundings until they landed on the dorky face she has known for a long time, Gwen. From all that has been going on inside of her today, anyone would think she would be feeling anything but happiness. But her heart betrayed her mind as a wide smile stretched across her lips, "Hey Gwen! Glad you can make it!" Everything seemed lighter and brighter now, just a little bit since her hand that had been raised to return her friend's greeting dropped as she watched Gwen lean in close to the boy that stood next to her. It was understandable that the music would make it hard to talk normally so either by raising your voice or leaning in to talk were easier ways to communicate. That was probably the only thing she was doing, but the action still bothered Brinlee. But only she would know this.

Her attention had been enthralled by her friend's entrance that she didn't notice the new presence of two persons standing by until she heard a call nearby. Brinlee turned and noticed that the two women that she spotted earlier, had made their way to the counter. "Sorry, I was greeting a friend. What can I get started for y'all tonight?" She placed her hands onto the counter and leaned forward, ready to hear their requests. But her attention turned over to the center of the club for a minute when one of her employees announced the event for tonight.

WolfSol WolfSol
Danoram Danoram
NothingFancy NothingFancy
callisto callisto

(& everyone else in the club dazzling dazzling TerrorKitty TerrorKitty )

Sven Hawthorne
(Outside Omen's Coffee House)

4022b4f96062580315d5a25e742bd68b.jpg
His eyes shifted momentarily from Sara to Audence and back to Sara again, a spark of interest twinkling in his eyes. So that's how it was. He and Sara went way back and she was a very good friend of his, they had even known each other back in highschool. Sven didn't know who Audence was at first, but then some vague memory came back to him from a while back. Something about an endorsement advertising campaign between the Entertainment Bureau and the Community Fitness Centre. He remembered the face but couldn't quite place the name, although he didn't really feel like making the effort for just another guy. He already devoted enough brainpower to conversing with Mark and women in general all the time. Luckily, Sara had shown up at just the right time.

"Ah, I see. In that case, let me pay you back now then."

Standing up smoothly, Sven smiled and laced a hand around her waist, pulling her in before she had time to react. In the space of a second his lips had pressed against hers as gentle as you'd like, then with more of the passion that came from an experienced and familiar partner. He knew what she liked. Audence certainly didn't. Sven glanced at Audence out of the corner of his eyes, a smirk hinting his expression as he was still busy with Sara. A few seconds more passed before he released her, glancing over at Audence with a hand still around Sara's side and a pseudo-curious look of query dusting his features as if nothing had just happened.

"Say, aren't you from the fitness centre? I think I recognise your face."

WolfSol WolfSol Danoram Danoram

Last edited by a moderator:
Daisy.PNG
LOCATION || Stryker's Club ... FEELING || Overwhelmed, thirsty, a bit turned on

10.27.19 daisy.png
Daisy only had a quick moment to try and think about what her friend could possibly do with chocolate milk and hard liquor, before she was being whisked away through a storm of sweaty, warm bodies. They were moving quickly, and she felt the bar on her thighs before seeing it. De’jah was smiling and looking around her, energy level that of a young puppy, and Daisy couldn't help but reflect the smile. She turned to the shelves of amber colored liquids, and shining crystal bottles, narrowing her eyes in attempt to read the labels.

She was lifting her hand to wave down a girl that stood behind the counter and seemed to be focused on another patron when she felt a tap on her arm.

“Bitch, it's that sexy daddy-doctor I was telling you about.”

The statement startled Daisy from her musings, she felt a small thrill run through her. Of course one of the first things the two of them had chatted about as the beautician had taken a needle to her arm, was about all the eligible bachelors -- and, in De’jah’s case, bachelorettes -- in Omen. Daisy had explained the type of man she was looking for, and the tattooist had immediately began describing the sexy from-out-of-town doctor, Alec Clemson.

She turned her head, half listening to the rest of the gossip De’jah rattled off, her full attention on the man a few feet away. His eyes were in their direction but they quickly snapped to his glass once her sharp blue eyes met his dark brown ones. He swirled the light brown liquid in his glass, and she took the opportunity to admire his toned forearms. They had just the right amount of muscle, and she could make out a vein bulging in the middle.

She watched as he brought it to his mouth and gulped it all down in one go. She resisted the urge to lick her lips as she watched his long lashes close and his Adam's apple bob. Then he slammed the glass down and grabbed a slice of lime on a dish before him, crushing his teeth into the green citrus.

Oh…? The man drinks tequila, she felt something snap in her chest. A good-looking, caring man who drank the liquor of the gods? It was just so delicious. She jerked forward with the intention of introducing herself, when she felt another poke in her arm,

"Gwendolen Lukas 'n' Tyler Abernathy.” De’jah announce loudly, gesturing towards a couple that had just entered the club. There was lanky young man with tousled hair and lips like that of a rose bud. She blinked for a second, she recognized him. Well, she didn’t know his name until now, but she had seen him more than a couple times staring into her shop.

“That boy hates me but I couldn't tell ya why, bish. Anyway, he's like this kid who died a couple years ago after falling off the memorial bridge down toward Southcreek, but he was resuscitated 'n' shit. Gwenny, there, supposedly prostitutes so most likely those two are bangin'. I can get with that, too, though."

“Uhh…” Daisy blinked with wide eyes at her friend, this little town sure had it’s fair share of gossip. In fact, it almost seemed like it had more compared to the big city where no one knew anyone and people minded their own business. This will get some getting used to, but at least I have this bubbly cutey helping me make sense of it all. She smiled at her friend and De’jah’s mouth blurred as she continued her terrade about the town drama.

She went on to detail out the rumors of a couple sitting in a booth a little ways away. There was a guy sitting with shockingly bright red hair and piercings, and his companion was a small yet very cute girl who looked flushed and nervous. She was shocked to hear the guy was a pet thief and a stoner, he didn’t look like either of those things. In fact if anything he looked like he would cry while killing a bug let alone take someone’s animal.

"There's a lot of shit you'll hear about people--an' I'll tell you this, girl, ain't all of it true. If you want answers, you gotta be willin' t' ask…”

Daisy rolled her eyes, “I’ll say,” she mumbled, her face taking on a darker mood, but she was glad when her friend didn’t seem to notice and began motioning frantically to the girl from before.

There was more than one nasty rumor about herself out there, she could hear them on the lips of plump housewives and pompous women as she walked by. And even worse was when their husbands were spending too long asking her questions and fabricating issues with their vehicles. She could see their wives giving her the stink eye, but there was nothing she could do. She wasn’t broke -- not like food stamp broke -- but money was tight, so she couldn’t exactly be choosy when it came to her clientele. Now she really needed that tequila.

“Sorry, I was greeting a friend. What can I get started for y'all tonight?"

“Oh thank god!” Daisy exclaimed, her head snapping to the bartender, “let’s get 6 shots of your finest tequila and a bowl of limes and salt, thank you!”

WITH || De’jah Danoram Danoram ... INTERACTED || Alec (a bit) wolf girl wolf girl [/USER]

Last edited:
[div class=wrapper] [div class=header]Alec Clemson[/div]
By the time he'd gotten the tequila from one of the well known Strykers, he'd not only noticed Teresa having not moved from her spot, but he'd also noticed that there were a lot more people gathered by the counter. Mostly in his area, well that's what he got for picking a spot that wasn't crowded, he supposed. Still, at least one of the people that had conglomerated to the bar counter had been the expressive woman with the white dreads. Even underneath the gaze of music, he could hear her excited and colorful chatter to a inked up woman that he couldn't put a name to.

Speaking of, as soon as the fiery black woman, De'jah, had rocked up to the counter with the newcomer at her heels, the new girl hadn't stopped staring. Alec had glanced at her once, establishing the briefest moment of eye contact before he looked away to care for the shot Brinlee had poured out. He'd downed it easily in a single gulp, relishing in the alcoholic burn that rode its way down his throat before it vanished all together. It was short lived, much to his dismay, but it wouldn't be the last. One more should do the trick... any more than that would, well it would likely end with him making a fool of himself. A sight that would surely be unbecoming for his business, especially with the rumors.

Alec tapped the glass back on the counter, and waved for Brinlee to come over once again when she was available. It was then that he heard a telltale voice, one that made him furrow his brows as he searched the nearby counter for the speaker. "Tyler?" He muttered the name, speaking softly until brown eyes settled on the young Abernathy. The boy was a regular, one of the few that he saw more than once a month, and the only one he'd helped assure a year long deal with the hearing aid manufacturers. Speaking of... he doubted the sound in here was doing Tyler any favors.

The infamous guy who had died once before was nearing arms reach with a slender woman in tow. Alec had only heard of her, having been told her eyes and hair were not entirely common in Omen. That and Tyler tended to chatter. "Abernathy, you shouldn't be here." Alec spoke above the chatter, leaning over the counter length ways. He pointed to his ear subtly, before also considering that Tyler should probably not even look at alcohol less he end up with seven lives instead of eight.
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: 7pm | Location: Stryker's| Feeling: Neutral Mentions: De'Jah & Tyler ( Danoram Danoram ) Daisy ( NothingFancy NothingFancy ) Brinlee ( Life. Life. ) Gwen ( callisto callisto )[/div] [/div]
[class=header] text-transform:uppercase; font-family:Poiret One; color:WHITE; font-size:15px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:4px; [/class] [class=wrapper] position:relative; max-width:auto; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; border:3px solid #232528; [/class] [class=wrappernoborder] border:3px solid #232528; position:relative; color:WHITE; font-family:georiga; max-width:550px; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; [/class] [class=accord] width:auto; color:WHITE; overflow-y: auto; box-sizing: content-box; background: #260101; text-align:right; font-size:11px; visibility: visible; font-family:georiga; [/class] [class=scrollbar] overflow-y: auto; height: 100%; padding-right: 20px; padding-left: 10px; box-sizing: content-box; width: auto; [/class] [class=container] height:270px; color:silver; font-family:crimson pro; font-size:14px; background:transparent; text-align:justify; overflow:hidden; Width:auto; border: 1px solid rgba(173, 173, 172, 0.3); [/class] [class=credit] font-family:loto; font-weight:bold; font-size:10px; opacity:0.5; color:slategray; text-align:right; [/class]

[div class=wrapper] [div class=header]Sara Thompson[/div]
Leave it to Sven to see past her attempt to look angry at him. Granted, she should have expected that. She also should have caught on to that look he gave, a look that she'd often teased him for because damn was he so obvious some times. Well, to a degree. With the look or not it still caught her off guard, especially when the blond bastard promptly stood up and caught her by the waist.

The kiss that he initiated was one she gave right back because well, fine. Two could play at that game. So she too took the initiative, doing something that she knew he'd get a bit peeved at her for later. She reached up, a hand on his left shoulder as the kiss spanned and the other hand messing up his blond hair. The display was definitely intimate, without a doubt, and the kiss was definitely enticing. Still, she didn't leave a strand of his hair in its original position, and when Sven moved to break the kiss off, she was grinning.

"That wasn't nearly enough payback."

She followed his gaze at her words, eyeing Audence. Right. The kiss had been distracting, incredibly so... well, now it was awkward. Leave it to Sven. "Audence," she began, catching onto her friend's antics, "he works at the town gym. I think you mentioned some advertisement thing with his gym before. Probably why you recognize him." Her attention had returned to Sven, a brow raised. "You should go fix your hair, I may have messed it up a bit too much." Sara said, smiling sweetly as she ran a hand through his hair once more, just fast enough before she moved away and broke the contact all together.

"I really am late though. I'll-uh," she looked to Audence then, wondering how her and Sven's interaction must look to the fit guy, "get back to you on the gym stuff. I can just call the gym's number and schedule or something right?"
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: time bubble | Location: Street outside of Omen's Coffeehouse | Feeling: Curious | Mentions: Danoram Danoram (Audence) Kloudy Kloudy (Sven) [/div] [/div]

Jamie Rodriguez
Interacted: Emma TerrorKitty TerrorKitty | Mentioned: Sam| Location: Sam and Emma's Cabin

"Oh, uh, hey there Emma," Jamie stammered. He hadn't been expecting his sister's roommate, and especially not wearing only a t-shirt. His cheeks flushed pink with discomfort, and he turned away, feigning looking out the window. How do I get out of this situation? His relationship with Emma was confusing, to say the least. They had almost nothing in common except for their mutual relationship with his sister, but he liked her nonetheless for reasons even he didn't really understand. Nodding when she resolved his unspoken question about Sam's whereabouts, he took a deep breath and turned back to her. "Ah, makes sense." Still, it was a bit odd. It was unusual for Sam to be out so late. Maybe she has just held up? Jamie shook his head to himself. She knew her way around enough to be able to get back. He'd have to call her later.

Clearing his throat, he crossed over to Emma's side, just in time to miss her quick flash. Her making tea was a kind gesture, but Jamie wasn't super comfortable with it. Despite his unrequited feelings for the girl, he barely knew her. "Oh, thank you, Emma." He gingerly picked up the small cup and sat down at the table with her. He followed suit, blowing away the coalescing steam over the cup. From the darkening liquid the tangy aroma of lemons rose. Jamie chuckled a bit-- He knew Sam loved citrus. Leaning back and taking a small sip of the tea, Jamie wracked his mind for anything to say to the girl in front of him. "So, what keeps you up this late?"

Emma Styles
Interacted: Jamie Rodriguez dazzling dazzling | Mentioned: Sam | Location: Sam and Emma's Cabin

warmth_by_rosuuri_dd0h8jf-pre.png

Emma rubbed her eyes as she took a sip of her still pretty hot tea, causing her to make a small "eep" noise and putting it back down. "Oh..I don't sleep very well on my own.." She spoke up again quietly and sleepily. "I'm waiting for Sammy to come home so I can sleep with her," Emma added blowing just a bit harder on her tea and smiling up at Jamie. "You don't come around..Often..Enough."

Emma eventually was able to sip her tea without incurring injury and began to drink her tea more vigorously. Blushing and smiling warmly from the pleasant heat flowing into her stomach. "Have you ever thought about therapy?...I heard you smoke, bad habit, I could help with quitting if you'd like.."

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamie Rodriguez
Interacted: Emma TerrorKitty TerrorKitty | Mentioned: Sam | Location: Sam and Emma's Cabin

"Ah, that's a shame. I'm sorry you couldn't sleep," He managed. In truth, the girl did look very tired. It seemed like she had been about to try to go to sleep, or at least had tried before. Her comment about her and his sister sleeping together was a bit unnerving. Jamie never really knew Sam to be the affectionate type, or at least never in front of him. You better prepare yourself for a lot of questions, Sam... Taking another sip of his tea, he cleared his throat. "Oh, I don't know... It's kinda far, yeah?" Jamie's hands twitched around his mug. He couldn't help but wonder if he was saying something wrong or not; His feelings always got muddled around Emma. Just something about the way she spoke, the way she acted... it was different.

After a moment of silence, Emma began sipping at her tea again before asking him another question, this time one he was notably embarrassed by. Jamie knew how bad of a habit his smoking was. He taunted himself for it-- What kind of gardening club leader smoked? It just didn't go well together. But Jamie had neither the motivation or want to stop, so he just sat there, wallowing in his own mild regret. "Oh no no, that's fine." He stammered, his cheeks flushing a shade of salmon pink. "I-I mean, I know it's bad, but I gotta do it, ya know?"

Sam Rodriguez
interacted: Lucas WolfSol WolfSol | mentioned: Valori TerrorKitty TerrorKitty | location: Stryker's
✧༝┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

Sam's cheeks were still pinked with embarrassment when Lucas, or who Valori had coined her "date" or whatever, spoke up. Her embarrassment was quickly turning into annoyance; She was done with Valori's playground antics. Whatever she clearly had against Sam didn't matter, it just wasn't fair to bring Lucas into it like that. However, the flush on her cheeks was replenished when Lucas inquired as to how she liked the drink. God, he must think I'm like, a rookie alcoholic or something... It seemed like this night had just taken a turn for the worse on Sam's half. So, like any person with healthy coping mechanisms, she took another, though much more calm and measured, sip of her drink.

"Ah, yeah, it's really nice! Thanks for the recommendation," The fresh taste of alcohol on her tongue allowed her to manage a small smile. She was contemplating whether to drink more when Lucas hit her with his next question. "Does it really seem like that? I've actually never had a pet, but Bear might just be sweet enough to change that," She chirped. As her fingers tied together around the stem of her glass, she though back to the dilemma of having more alcohol or not. The drink was definitely good, and her hands were buzzing with energy, but did she really want to risk being drunk in a club? She'd never been drunk before, and...

"Do you sing? Stryker's has karaoke if you're... into that?"

She paused, a smile starting to grow on her face. "Karaoke? Fuck yes," She said with a giggle. Something about the idea of singing her lungs out into a club so busy probably nobody would hear her was lovely to Sam, and maybe enough to rejuvenate her night after the run-in with Valori. A combination of that happy feeling and the cranberry alcohol sitting in her stomach brought a brass sense of confidence to her. She grabbed his hand, maybe a little less gently than she should've, and started making her way over to the karaoke machine across the club. "You know, I used to do chorus. It was pretty fun. A 'learning experience', my teacher would say." She laughed out.

But the second the pair reached the karaoke machine, Sam's confidence deflated like a punctured balloon. "Ohhh, uh, you go ahead and pick the song!" She stuttered. Maybe some people would hear them after all, and despite her chorus experience she wasn't all too confident in her singing skill. The teacher had also said her voice was terribly pitchy, among other things. Even so, Sam had made it all the way up to the karaoke machine, and she wasn't backing down now.

GWENDOLEN LUKAS

862650.jpg

FEELING // excited
LOCATION // striker's bar
WITH // Tyler Abernathy, Alec Clemson
MENTION // Brinlee, De'jah, Daisy,
TAG // Danoram Danoram Life. Life. NothingFancy NothingFancy

"Take me home?" Gwen mock gasped, edging herself and Tyler nearer to the bar. Before she could finish her playful comment, Brinlee's voice responded to Gwen's shout, thanking her for coming. Gwen blew a kiss to the brown-haired beauty, who had scurried away to help two female customers before the air-born smooch could reach her. She didn't notice the way that Tyler changed when he was bumped into, but Gwen wasn't concerned by the jostle that reverberated towards her like a pulse. She had found over the years that a lack of personal space was a hallmark of bar life.

Damn. Gwendolen pursed her lips at the occupied Brin, taking a second to acknowledge the women that had grabbed her friend's attention. One looked mature, covered in vivid tattoos that made her skin look like art; while the other was adorned with shock-white dreadlocks that somehow made her look playful and young, rather than old. Gwen could feel herself growing jealous of their spontaneity and boldness. The bravest thing she'd ever done with her appearance was getting bangs in the 8th grade.

"Tell you what, Abernathy," Gwen snapped back to attention, turning away from the bar entirely. "I'll let you take me home - if you pay for my first drink." She grinned, words dripping with humor. Really, she didn't expect the younger man to pay for anything, but it seemed like the right thing to say. More likely than anything, she would pay for them both despite the college-students protests; he did buy her dinner, after all. Before long, they had made their way to the hard countertop that Brinlee inhabited, finding themselves an empty spot among many of the taken spaces. As she set down their food boxes, Gwendolen passively recognized the bespeckled man on their left, who eyed Tyler with suspicion - 'Doctor' was the first thing that came to mind, but Gwen blanked on his first name. However, before she could once more grab the attention of Brin, the man spoke.

"Tyler, you shouldn't be here."

Gwen stopped trying to reach Brin's attention, turning her head with a start. The man - Alek? Alex? - who looked only slightly older than herself, was staring at Tyler. She traced her eyes across his somber features, recognizing the empty glass of tequila that comforted his grip. God forbid a fight break out; The 26-year-old had never experienced a bar fight before, and the idea of one starting set her on edge. Especially if Tyler was involved, who Gwen simultaneously worried would get beaten up and beat his opponent to a pulp. With an awkward smile, the librarian nudged Tyler softly, lowering her voice to speak in the boy's ear.

"He, Tyler, you know this guy?"

AudenceValor.png
OUTFIT: X | LOCATION: Omen's Coffee House (outside) | FEELING: Confused | EXTRA: (His bike) X
Audence.pngAudence follows Sara back to the Coffee House, maintaining focus on the guy who'd called out to her. He's sitting with someone. A seemingly tall, white-haired man who's touched with ink and resting an arm on what looks to be a guitar case.

He sips on his coffee--still warm. Bitter but pleasantly so.

At the lip of the plastic lid a small drop of the dark liquid lingers, but he wipes it away with a sweep of his thumb, ignorant of Sara's interaction. He wonders in his mind what Daisy Hendrick is up to at this hour. Maybe he'll visit her before calling it a day, as she's the only other person in town whom he's found to share a passion for automotives.

Audence looks up from his cup, realizing a sudden silence had fallen between the four of them. When he does, his red eyes widen. There, before him, Sara and his soon-to-be client are engaged in something of a make-out session. Their arms are wrapped around each other--Sara's ruffling Sven's hair--Sven's got a hand at Sara's waist. Full-blown intimacy.

"Uuh..." Audence glances away, narrowing his eyes at Mark, who is also narrowing his eyes at the scene, both of them undoubtedly wondering what the fuck is happening right now. Well, this is awkward.

He looks back down at his cup, waiting for them to finish. It doesn't take long, either, and then Sara introduces the two with Audence simply nodding at Sven, "Yep..." afterward telling Sara, "Uh- Yeah, no problem. I work tomorrow, so I'll keep an eye on the phone... Uh, six in the morning to six in the evening, I'll be there. Honestly, though, I should get going... too. My bike's back at the gym, so I'm heading that way..."

Are they... Are they dating or?... Is this kid testing me, right now?... Audence is terribly confused.
WolfSol WolfSol (Sara) Kloudy Kloudy (Sven)​

Last edited:

cooltext335570736496792.png
⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧

TIME: 6p - 9p | LOCATION: Strykers Club Bar | FEELING: Confident, Mischevious, Getting Tipsy

tvTs7Us.jpg
Valori sauntered her way back to the counter for more drinks, ordering up two hard shots of an Irish Car Bomb before turning to Brinlee who seemed to be distracted by someone. "Brin, are you doing alright, you look a little flustered, I uh, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable earlier. I'm feeling a bit, well, extra tonight and I know you've probably got a lot on your plate already." She paused before looking to the girl beside her whispering into some boy's ear. "Oh, Gwendolyn! It's me Valori, I come to the library all the time. I'm usually just reading a book by myself but we chatted at the desk a few times. I'm glad Brin asked you come by, you look adorable!" She stated before holding her tongue.

"Sorry for interrupting." She added a bit softer before leaning over to Brinlee and whispering or rather talking at normal volume. "You have a good eye Brin, I've had a crush on her forever. " Valori leaned back and winked at Brinlee and slid one of her shots to Gwendolyn. "You look a bit tense. It's on me" She said before taking her own shot and blushing under the buzz. "Two more please."

⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧
Life. Life. Danoram Danoram

Last edited:
Daphne Coleman
interacted: Camaree Danoram Danoram , Benton Life. Life. | mentioned: | location: Stryker's
═════════════ ∘◦ ⛧ミ ◦∘ ══════════════

"Oh, too close? Sorry," Daphne halfheartedly apologized. She couldn't but hear the edge of snarkiness creeping into her tone. The start of the conversation might have been a bit bumpy with Daphne's running mouth and all, but Camaree seemed unusually on edge. It was then that she decided; Camaree had made this a competition, and after years working in customer service, Daphne sure as hell could be a bitch too. This game wasn't just for little princess Camaree, nor was she going to win.

The first step was asserting her dominance. Daphne was clearly the alpha female in this situation, and she had to make sure Camaree knew that. So, picking up her drink with a bitter smile, and raised it to her lips. The peachy drink washed over her tongue, and once she got the first taste, she didn't stop until all that was left was a measly drop at the bottom of the cup. Setting it down, she shot Camaree another smile and wiped her mouth. Daphne had effectively polished off the drink even faster than her rival. Step one complete.

Step two was to reassert the dominance. "Mm, actually, not really. I was going to, but you kindly decided to step in," Clearing her throat, she turned to Benton, who was probably wondering why two girls her catfighting over drinks and a stupid slip-up. "Daphne," She said, reintroducing herself before Benton replied and walked off to continue his work. Soon, an announcement blared over the club's pounding music. Karaoke wasn't really something Daphne had interest in, and she definitely wanted to see how Camaree reacted to her sharp-tongued statements. Looking down silently into her empty cup, she simply waited for any action on the girls part. Of course, she could always just ignore her, but Daphne was hoping for some fun. She usually wasn't so mean-spirited, but Camaree was just so fun to rile up.

Brinlee Stryker
One thing Brinlee learned that was essential to working and running a club was to be on your toes and know how to multi-task, meaning the ability to shift your focus quickly from one situation to another, without becoming confused. Just as she received the drink order from the two women, Brinlee noticed her earlier customer had already consumed his shot and was indicating for some more. Which wasn't too burdening on her since she already had 6 tequila shots on the list. With orders on her mind, Brinlee set herself to work. The pressure of being quick but efficient was occupying the woman's mind as she swiftly grabbed seven shot glasses and poured matching amounts in each. A weird sense of numbing content was blanketing Brinlee as she prepped limes and salt for the shots. Perhaps the worst of the night was over, and she simply had to endure an odd combination of feelings between sadness and happiness when she faced her cru--best friend.

Since it was a smaller order, Brinlee carried over the man's single tequila shot along with a new set of salt and limes. "Here you go-" she had managed to say the whole sentence, but not without sounding curt towards the end. Her eyes had taken the scene in of Valori having found her way to Gwen, who was now seated at the bar. It seemed that another bartender had served Valori a couple of shots. The woman was quick to consume the cocktail and enter in a conversation with her best friend.

Tequila shots. There were other tequila shots that needed to be delivered. It had only been a few minutes since she received the order, but under her scrutiny, that was far too long of a wait. Brinlee made a mental note to return to Gwen and the boy that came with her to receive their requests. Just as she was about to return to her bartending duties, Valori leaned forward and as loud of a whisper as she could muster, spoke the words that would bring Brinlee to an ultimate reality check.

Valori may never know that as she turned away with a wink, Brinlee had reached an epiphany.

Tequila shot. Tequila shot. It was the only thing trailing across her mind now as she returned to the six glasses she had ready. But her hands reached over and placed three more glasses next to them, soon to all be filled with tequila. Now with nine set out, it required three trips from one counter to the other. "Sorry that it took a bit for me to get these for y'all! Seemed like y'all are planning to have a fun night and I figured why not and join y'all!" Three glasses were pushed over to the darker-skinned woman that had the beautiful dreads, the next set of three to the rad-looking woman decorated with tattoos, and the last set stayed close to Brinlee. With a smile that seemed rather too large to be genuine, Brinlee clinked glasses with the two women in front of her and desperately downed the shots. The burning sensations were blazing her insides, but it was incomparable to the pain that she was feeling in her heart.

Brinlee had always been aware of the truth. The truth that her best friend would never love her back. She was aware of it, but with love comes that small inkling of hope for a happily ever after. Against her sound judgment, the woman clung onto this notion and fed it fantasies and dreams. It cultivated and glazed the times the two friends spent together. Highlighting all the little details that would glorify Gwen. Realizations of caring more deeply for her physical, mental, social, and emotional well-being brought upon a crazy idea of what Brinlee's purpose in life was. These newfound thoughts and emotions were a rush for Brinlee. They would make days brighter and time slower when she was around her. The world as Brinlee saw it now was perfect, and as long as the truth wasn't spoken or thought out loud, her beautiful crystal ball world can remain intact.

A single whisper and wink shattered the crystal ball. But cracks had been forming across the surface of this fragile hope. So it was no surprise to Brinlee when it broke.

Her best friend developed a crush on Benton, her brother. She clearly had an admirer at her side, a young fellow who knows the easiest ways to make Gwen laugh, that some part of her saw that if they became a couple, they would be cute together. Then finally, her recently-made friend finally admitted to liking her. The dorky, book-loving woman had many people wanting to become closer to her. And Brinlee was already close to her but in Gwen's perspective, more as a family.

With reality crashing in and brushing away the pieces of what once was, Brinlee began formulating a new idea to live off from. Taking parts of what she felt before, she put together this conviction that if she truly loves Gwen then she'll do all she can for her to be happy. Even if that meant being her shoulder to cry on from heartaches or a sister to confide in about her romantic feelings for others and nothing passed that.

As the last shot glass touched the counter, Brinlee heaved out a large sigh and placed her hands onto the counter. Her heart was broken. That was inevitable. But now this meant she was open for someone to come in and complete her. Remnants of her first love will always remain, but she can stand taller with them. "Did you guys want to do another round of shots? How about vodka this time?" she lifted her head up and faced the two women in front of her with a worn smile. A feeling of exhaustion, acceptance, sadness and a tinge of happiness all beating inside her heart and soul.

Danoram Danoram
NothingFancy NothingFancy
WolfSol WolfSol
callisto callisto
TerrorKitty TerrorKitty

TylerAbernathy.png
OUTFIT: Black T, ripped jeans | LOCATION: Strykers' Club, by the bar | FEELING: Detached | EXTRA: Hearing-aids (40% battery)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Tyler.pngTyler follows the silly kiss blown to Brinlee Stryker with his eyes, a faint smile occupying his lips. He's aware that they are friends, yes, but does he expect even in the slightest that Brinlee would have a crush on the Librarian--no. It has never crossed his mind.

"Tell you what, Abernathy," the woman places herself in front of him, retaking his attention that had drifted over to Camaree Martin and Daphne Coleman. It appeared to be that they're engaged in something of a drinking game with how Daphne was downing her sangria. If he knows anything about Camaree from their past relationship, the girl's a light-weight, and only now does he hope to go unnoticed.

Tyler reads Gwendolen's lips. Against the lively music and chatter, the scooting of chairs and clinking of glasses, his hearing-aids struggle to do him any justice. Her words are muffled but he hides any reaction indicating this.

The last thing he wants to do is make her feel bad about bringing him here.

He tells her at her light-hearted condition to taking her home, "I'd hafta be pretty cheap ta say no t' that, wouldn' I? Consider it done, love," then the two proceed to the counter where Tyler immediately recognizes one of the patrons to be his family doctor, Alec Clemson, of a few years now. Just what he needs.

Tyler meets the Doctor's eyes. He offers him a nod, but is only met with an assertion of concern that barely registers before he briefly hangs his head and sighs, mumbling something of, "Really?" Shortly after, he looks back up at Alec and jokes, "You're off the clock, doc'." And though he is smiling, the jaded appearance of his eyes is prevalent overall, hinting at his annoyance.

If it isn't his father calling with worry or blowing up his messages, it's this guy or someone else. His professors and even his friends. Constantly being asked if he's okay or being told what he can and cannot do. To be fair, however, Tyler likes Doctor Clemson, so perhaps he owes him some respect to let it slide.

To late now.

Feeling a nudge against his arm, he directs his focus onto Gwendolen, who's leaning into his ear. He lowers himself for her to reach and listens as she questions his relationship with the Doctor, to which he responds with, "Ahh- yeah, yeah. 'At's my doctor. He's cool... Anyway, 'at's your friend there, yeah? Brinlee's 'er name, yeah? What'd you want to drink, love?" He makes a mental note to also order Alec another round of tequila.
WolfSol WolfSol (Alec) callisto callisto (Gwendolen) dazzling dazzling (Daphne and Camaree mentioned) Life. Life. (Brinlee mentioned)​

CamareeMartin.png
OUTFIT: X | LOCATION: The Strykers' Club (Sitting at the counter) | FEELING: Determined
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Camaree.png"W-Wait, no- Benton!..." Camaree leans over the counter as Benton takes his leave, trying to snatch him by the sleeve to make him stay so that she can ammend her poor choice of words and correct her pathetic behavior.

In the end, he's gone, and here she sits in all her self-pity, looking gorgeous. Almost tipsy.

It's when she catches sight of Daphne through the corner of her eye, chugging down her sangria faster than herself that margarita, that she momentarily forgets about Benton. He's replaced by intimidation.

"...It... I wasn't challenging you, you know that, right?" Camaree looks inquisitively upon Daphne, questioning her motives. Then she sighs and runs a hand down her face, "I'm sorry. I never meant to be so rude- I'm not usually like this. It's just that, that woman rubbed me the wrong way earlier and for some reason I've taken to unleashing it all on Benton as a result of his caring personality and guardianship over me since a younger age..." Camaree hangs her head, dejected and ashamed, "I'm so poorly mannered at this point, and now I have to face the consequences."

Looking back up at Daphne, she asks her pleadingly with wide, watery eyes, "Say, I don't want to be alone. You'll be my company, won't you?"
Life. Life. (Benton) dazzling dazzling (Daphne)​

11:30 PM - 2:00 AM, Saturday, September 7th / Sunday, September 8th

Recent News:
There was a terrible car wreck involving two families outside of the local library and near the mall. Two died, one an infant and the other a male driver. More information is expected to be released.

Late-night muggings have been reported and have the police on high-alert. It is stated that younger residents and women should remain indoors after 6:00 PM or have someone to accompany them if not.

Weather Report:
There's a light shower outside.
52 degrees Fahrenheit (11 Celsius)

Weekly Featured Magazine:
Week One.png
Kloudy Kloudy

Upcoming Events:
Suburban Open House Flyer.png

Misc:
Alright, small timeskip to a few hours later. Queue everyone several drinks in. This scene will last up to everyone finishing up their rounds at the bar--take your time as you please--and up to everyone making it home safely... or not, that all depends on you guys, lol.

callisto callisto Life. Life. TerrorKitty TerrorKitty Kloudy Kloudy WolfSol WolfSol dazzling dazzling NothingFancy NothingFancy Danoram Danoram

Users who are viewing this thread

Back