• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Running Triangles (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Benton & Brinlee Stryker
The excitement of the wait had changed when the movements of two figures appeared in Benton's scope of vision. His eyes glanced sideways and observed as two rather lazy co-workers talked amongst themselves. The busyness of the coffee shop clearly didn't seem like a concern to them as there were customers that could be attended to and another open register for one of them to occupy. As he thought this Valori had scooted over to provide the customer service that her other co-workers should be delivering.

"You're fine," Benton replied to the apologetic man in front of him before stepping aside to talk to Valori. He recited both his and Brinlee's drink orders before entering the casual conversation, "Free-spirited as ever. But she did well this summer with the club so I cannot fault her too much. As much as I want to. Which speaking of. I was asked to deliver this." The little note fell out of Benton's pocket as he pulled out. A small huff slipped from Benton's lips as he bent down and retrieved the note before sliding it over to the barista. "She was busy setting up the bar so she sent me for drinks and the message--" there was a pause in his sentence as he reflexively pulled out his phone when he felt a small vibration "--as-as I was saying um...she needed me to get drinks...yeah Brinlee did."

The usual chilled demeanor of Benton's had faltered when he had read the recent message on his phone. It was from none other than Camaree, his crush. A picture was attached to the message as well which certainly added to the acceleration of Benton's heartbeat. He straightened his clothes out, especially the collar to his shirt. Typically Benton would find a reason or an answer for anything, but when it came to Camaree he was helpless. "I need to respond," without waiting for hesitation to take place he quickly responded to her text.

K

A single letter. Not even a complete word. Oh, how Benton could hear the sound of Brinlee's laughter in the back of his mind if she saw what he sent. Words like lame and pathetic floated around his head. If he had been elsewhere but the coffee shop he may have hunkered down in embarrassment but under the watchful eyes of others around him, Benton felt the need to keep up a cool front. Only upon close inspection and knowing Benton's body language properly could you notice the slight red tinging his ear tips and cheekbones.

He slid the phone back into his pocket to bring himself back to reality which meant finishing up his small talk with Valori, "I uhm, thank you for the drinks." As soon as the two cups touched the countertop he grabbed them and made his way out of the coffee shop. Outside though was when his body completely froze up, despite the warm drinks in his hands. The image of Camaree that he recently saw was standing right before him in real life. Fortunately her attention was currently occupied with Officer Deluca. This opened an opportunity for Benton to run walk away. But he couldn't. His legs felt heavy yet he felt his mind becoming light. Everything in his sight was a blur except for Camaree, until he felt a sting of warmth on his neck.
"Ouch," his attention turned over to Brinlee, who was standing right next to him. "I was wondering what was taking you so long. C'mon, I need your help finishing setting up," her eyes had looked over to where her brother had been previously looking at, "Oh, it's Camaree. We should go say hi."
"No!"
Brinlee jumped from Benton's curt response and her eyes widened when he had grabbed onto her arm and dragged her down the street towards the club, "Oh okay Mister Grump." She glanced back once more over towards Camaree before following along after Benton.

Danoram Danoram
TerrorKitty TerrorKitty

CamareeMartin.png
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^​
Camaree.png
TIME: 4p - 6p | LOCATION: Outside of the Coffee House | FEELING: Cheerful WTF​
"Okay," Camaree smiles, "Officer Luke. I would love to treat you." A cow's moo reverberates from her back pocket in that moment, and she immediately knows who it is--Benton--all thanks to a drunken night of designate-the-ringtone. While she wants to see what he's said, she doesn't want to be rude to Ross.

Speaking of, the officer meets her side and they proceed to the Coffee House as he asks for recommendations, to which she responds with the utmost enthusiasm, "Oh, yes! Normally I'd suggest anything pumpkin spice, but that's limited to the employees for now until the fifteenth! I'm always up to date with the Coffee House's online blog."

She thinks a moment, reaching the doors to the place, "Probably, a marshmallow, cinnamon dolce, upside-down cappuccino with whipped cream on top but made with coconut milk. Talk about flavor- Oh my," she halts at the entrance to see such a long line at the registers, and her expression sours.

"Aww man... It's no fun when they're this busy because they can't put their all into making the drinks. Something's always missing..." She spots a few familiars, Audence specifically, then adds, "That and my gym coach is in there. If I don't have to talk to him, I'd rather not." After this, her chocolatey eyes take notice of the one and only and his one and only sister pacing quickly down the street in the opposite direction of her. Benton and Brinlee, looking like they've just exited the vape store, because surely she'd have noticed them leaving the Coffee House?

Sidestepping away from the doors, Camaree extends a finger to Officer Deluca, "Sorry, I'll be a second. You can go in if you'd like." She pulls out her phone and prepares a text before reading his half-assed "K" which is pretty normal, but it still gets to her sometimes, even bringing her to pout a little.

"Camaree Van Martin sees all, Benton Stryker. She sees your fears. WHICH IS APPARENTLY ME CONSIDERING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY! Read me this, Ben-ten, if you start vaping, we are no longer friends! You got me!?"

v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^​
NightMoves NightMoves (Ross) Life. Life. (Benton)

TylerAbernathy.png
°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。
OUTFIT: Black T, ripped jeans | LOCATION: Library, 1st Floor Admin Desk | FEELING: Aroused Moved | EXTRA: Hearing-aids (40% battery)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
Tyler.png“Tyler, don’t tell me that you’ve forgotten how libraries work.”

Tyler shoves his hands into his pockets, a pair of loose jeans with patched holes down the legs--not because he's poverty-stricken--his father's a chiropractor and paying for his college tuition--but because that's apparently what the fashion industries have chosen as their aesthetic since the 1980s. It's still going.

He snickers at the floor, tucking his head into his shoulders in a bashful way as he mumbles something; something that he can't even hear. Then when the woman slides his book across the countertop, he pulls one hand out to take it while also leaning into her whisper, warmed by a tingling sensation from the closeness and scent of her perfume, if even wearing any. Perhaps she just smells that way.

“We’re veeeerry possessive of our books,” Gwendolen tells him.

He steps back a few and laughs, even more so at her next comment before responding with a motion like he's about to leave, "Okay, well, I'm gonna go take a shower then..." But, of course, he doesn't, and simply spins back around to face her with that same smile. Any more and his cheeks will start twitching. "No, I kid. You're too pure," saying this and now leaning on the admin desk, he hides his face in his arms before looking up again as she checks the invisible watch on her wrist.

Tyler shows a look of concern. "It's okay, I'll catch ya if ya fall, but lemme see that watch." He beckons for her hand, knowing she'll lend it to him, and touches it gently when she does. It's cold unlike his own, probably as a result of the library's neverending air-conditioning to keep readers from sullying their pages with sweaty hands. You wouldn't think it, but his heart's been imitating a fight or flight response since he bolted through those doors and saw her sitting here all glorified and fabulous and in her own classy world.

Reading the time on her imaginary watch, he looks up and adjusts his imaginary glasses, "Five, you said, love? I think your eyes are broken, as I'm reading five-thirty. I think you're due for lunch. Specifically with me." While the time is not five-thirty, Tyler knows that the library offers its employees thirty-minute breaks every five hours, and if he knows anything about Gwen, she's working a full shift. On top of that, she might have packed a lunch, but it's worth a shot. "So, can you maintain an appetite with this face," he points at himself, seeming more coy now.
°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。
callisto callisto (Gwendolen)​

Last edited:
Ross Deluca

TWsTv2E.jpg
Upside-down cappucino? Is that an actual thing? Is the white foam at the bottom instead of the top? How does that even change the flavor...? These thoughts run through Ross' head as he wishes that one day, he too could summon his inner white girl. Up until right this moment, he had been unaware of the Coffee House's online blog. He takes a mental note to leave a follow when he has time. Pumpkin spice is his favorite, and he wasn't going to miss its first appearance for anything.

"I've never made such a complicated order, but it does sound delicious." Ross takes a look inside the shop as he holds the door open. Just as Camaree said, it is pretty packed. When did so many people start wanting an afternoon coffee? As he scans the room, his eyes come to a halt and his heart feels as if it's flailing around inside his chest. "Your u-uh...gym coach?" The officer uncharacteristically stutters out, feeling as if he's out of breath. Come on, stop being so obvious. He scolds himself inside his own head before clearing his throat.

Camaree holds a finger to the officer. He doesn't go inside like she suggests, but instead turns to her and stares nosily at her phone. Just one of the many bad habits that he's picked up from police work. He reads what she's written then looks in the direction the she had been before. The Stryker siblings. One looked rather frantic, at least according to Ross' 20/20 vision.

"Want me to go after him and check? Can't escape me even if he runs. I once caught up to a pro runner, ya know." He brags. Honestly, at this point, he's just trying to get out of going into the coffee shop. The bravery that he felt when he walked across the street was gone. He would talk to Audence later...yeah...later.

"Or maybe you want to take a ride in my cruiser? We can flip the lights on and drive next to him. Ninety-five percent of people shit their pants." The officer says with a smirk. Yes, what he was suggesting was unprofessional, but what was life if you didn't have a little fun?

Tags: Danoram Danoram

cooltext335570736496792.png
⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧

TIME: 6p - 9p | LOCATION: Omen's Coffee House, Black Hill Woods, Valori's Home | FEELING: Cold, Determined, Relived
Valori giggled at Benton's mishandling of the paper, taking a second to move back to Audence, thanking the blonde man and blushing hard, wondering why her co-workers had her make the man spend more money. Though he could have just turned it down, so it wasn't such a big deal. Valori found herself picking up the note and smiling. It was definitely Brinlee her friend, maybe even best friend, if not her only friend. Besides work, home, and the library the tall girl almost never left her home except to visit the club, get drunk and forget all her worries. Brinlee just so happened to run that club and was always teasing with her. Valori was quite aware if Brinlee's playful nature and was confident her budding fondness for the club owner was completely one-sided. Not like it could be helped, though she frowned heavily as she saw her friend outside with her twin. "Busy setting up the bar my ass. Fine, if that's how you want to play it." She whispered under her breath and continued to serve people until her shift ended not too long later.
VXbwUrj.jpg

Now finally free to her own devices Valori left out the back of the store and across town by herself, making sure to hug her warm coffee close to her chest to help with the growing cold of an approaching autumn night. Eventually coming to the end of the street. A car zooming behind her before vanishing into the growing darkness and taking the light with it, leaving Valori to step onto the forest path in the dim light without a soul around, not as anyone would really notice anyway. She's just the village witch after all. Not like it was untrue, for the most part.

Every step onto the root covered path brought the girl deeper into it's winding grip. Passing through tunnels under unused bridges, through droves of trees, the sun dying just beyond the horizon, bringing in a faint red glint over her face before vanishing entirely. Something she was completely used to. Stopping only to take out a small lantern from her backpack. Had the young woman had an address and internet she may have bought something more timely, but for now, a flame lit lantern was more than enough. Having found it long ago in the derelict mines behind her home. Quite sure she was the only one in town to even know the area existed aside from possibly a historian or librarian. The forest had always been mysterious, there were many structures and odd constructions throughout, hinting that the town used to be larger but for some reason was abandoned and reclaimed by the forest.

Valori slinked her way through the trees with precision, the route burned deep in her mind. Hand outstretched, holding the old lantern, flickering and dimming inconsistently the only light for almost half a mile. The muddy ground beneath her boots threatened to swallow the girl whole as she walked up a quite large river before then crossing at a fairly new bridge, one she made herself after nearly being swept away herself after a storm. It was a dry-stacked brick construction, which meant the only thing holding it up were the bricks applying force to each other without anything in between to keep them together. This allowed for water to pass through, though a single loose stone would be enough to easily compromise it, something Valori checked on often to make sure her next crossing would be her last.

After a good half hour or so of creeping her way through the secluded woods, Valori came to a clearing, a small one but a clearing none the less. The large house looming eerily above her, while the shadowy silhouette of the trees danced across the white paint of the old shelter, which Valori called home, and headed straight into. Making sure to check over the minor repairs she's been making as she went along. Sealed leaks, replaced wood beams, among other things. She did her best to make sure the house while old and rotting, stayed in good condition over the years, crash course running her way through carpentry and handy work just to keep her only protection against the world from crushing her while she sleeps. Over time the inside at least has become comparable to the Ship of Theseus. Replacing and we working, making parts of it seem much more new and frankly safer.

Moving swiftly deeper into the dark abode Valori headed down the deep stairs and abnormally long basement stairs and into the large stone room where she lived. It got cold here easily but it also heated the fast while also containing an old-style furnace, the kind that gives children nightmares of being swallowed by its large black gaping maw filled with the flames of hell, but for Valori, it was a warm and comforting item in her home. Setting down the lantern next to the massive pile of books at the foot of her sleeping bags, the girl moved to the closet and began fumbling about. Pulling out a pentagram harness top and corset minidress. Smirking to herself Valori heartbeat starting pittering against her chest. Brinlee will notice her tonight for sure she thought as she moved to get her matching knee-length laced boots, putting her wardrobe together in near-complete darkness. Last but not least some makeup along with a pair of bright red contacts. "If I can't steal your heart, I'll steal your soul."
⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧​

Last edited by a moderator:
CamareeMartin.png
OUTFIT: X | LOCATION: Outside Coffee House > Ross' Car | FEELING: Anxious/Playful
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
Camaree.pngJust by the face that Camaree is making while typing that text to Benton, one might would steer clear of her way. Her thumbs blur across the digital keyboard without making a single mistake as if to boast that she does this often, then she finishes and clicks off the screen with a deep breath.

"That wiener-head..." she mumbles, eyes closed. When they open again, she sees Officer Deluca staring at her, and he asks in the most casual way if she'd like for him to chase the said wiener-head down, even going as far as saying he won't escape.

At first, she's rather taken back by this. The corners of her lips sag and she glances to the side, looking at him again and becoming even more stupefied as he continues. Her expression shows undoubtful concern, but with a moment's passing, she laughs it off playfully and smacks his arm.

"That's wild, Officer Luke, don't play!" she says.

Sure, the idea of Benton thinking he's about to be arrested sounds appealing, but somehow Camaree fears it would make him mad and she's not out to do that. Then again, he did just avoid her unprovoked after sending a terribly lousy text message. It teeters on her mind. Should she do it? Should she not? Camaree bites her lip, It's just a joke, right? Then she laughs, taking Officer Deluca by the wrist and cutting across the street for his cruiser.

"Okay, let's do it," she squeaks excitedly. "But don't scare him! Let's just chase him down, and let me use your loud voicey-thingy to tell him to release Brinlee. You know, like he's kidnapping her!" Camaree throws herself into the passenger's seat of the car and buckles herself in like her life's depending on it. "Oh, I'm nervous!" she kicks her legs. Her palms start sweating. She tries to wipe them on her skirt, but it's useless unless she keeps doing it, so she stops and sits back while Officer Deluca gets in. "It's not like he's running, though, so let's just casually pull up behind him and turn the lights on. I wouldn't bother with the sirens, though. That might be too much."
NightMoves NightMoves (Ross) Life. Life. (Brinlee and Benton)​

Ross Deluca

TWsTv2E.jpg
Ross chuckles ever so slightly as Camaree shows her exact thoughts through facial expressions. The power of the police lights was too great for most to deny. The first chance one gets to cause antics with them, they do. First comes immediate denial, then indecision, denial again, and then acceptance. He had faced this process many times when he had first joined the force. "Come on, you know you want to." He says in a sly tone, hoping to give her that little bit of encouragement that she needs to come over to the dark side.

Suddenly, the idea clicks in Camaree's head and he's being led to his cruiser by the wrist. As this happens, his grin only grows wider. He hops into the driver's seat and glances at his partner in crime. Squeaking in excitement, the nervous body language she was using; It was ridiculously cute. "Of course. It's your operation, so we'll do it your way." He says with a smile. It was nice that she didn't wish to scare Benton too much. If Ross was left to decide on his own, he would go in sirens and all. Guess she's nicer than I thought. With all those spoiled rich girl rumors going around, he thought she would be uptight and rude. He's glad that those rumors are wrong. With those last thoughts, Ross turns the key and his cruiser purrs to life. He looks for any vehicles coming and, seeing none, pulls away.

The Stryker siblings hadn't made it very far down the street, so he just slowly creeps his cruiser down the asphalt. It wouldn't be as much fun if they noticed too early. As soon as he's approximately 5 feet behind the Stryker's he flips on his lights. Blue and red quickly dash across the nearby store and car windows as a warning. He grabs the corded radio. "Benton Stryker." He states in his authority voice, the sound booming through the police speaker. It's much different than his normal, rather laid-back tone. Kind of scary even. He does this because he figures Benton might recognize Camaree's voice, and wants to see the boy piss himself just a little bit more. "Just press this button down while you're talking." He whispers to his partner in crime, handing the radio over to her.

Danoram Danoram Life. Life.

Riley Bakker

Mood: Tired
Case: None
With: De'jah Danoram Danoram

Riley's eyes widened as if she was smacked awake by something powerful. Ah, it was De'jah and her obnoxious self. Not that Riley had any issue with her, guess it kept her life a little interesting from time to time. Riley gave a nod and wave back as she was approached and seemed excited to be showing her something. Snoop Dogg? She thought, Who the heck is that?

"Oh, that is pretty neat De'jah." She gave a restless sigh, "Ah, well-" As she begins answering the previous question, she was cut off by De'jah as Riley snickered. "I mean, I have had some designs in mind and what is wrong with my hair, it looks fine. Same as it always do. But I'll stop by when I have time, alright?"

De'jah was a bit much for RIley to handle and she had some real wackos in her line of work, but it's not like she didn't like her. Perhaps she was just too tired to keep up with her energy and she even secretly envied her outgoing self. However, as she kept firing off the questions, Riley remember that De'jah probably really didn't care about how Riley was actually doing, or her work. She was like most women who wanted that juicy gossip so they could spread it around town like wildfire. Riley remained professional; "Well, there is nothing new from what you would already know from the papers or news, as for the muggings, that is not a case for a detective at this time. Not till it becomes a homicide. But, I am sure Office Deluca will be around tonight. Just keep your eyes open and try to remain in populated and lit areas. Oh, and don't travel alone." She patted De'jah's shoulder, "You have fun tonight, I'll try to catch up with you at a later time." But what Riley really wanted to say was; I'm not okay.

Her food was up and ready as Riley calmly picked up the plastic bag containing her food. Riley gave a wave to De'jah with a smile that she almost forced upon herself as she walked outside of the restaurant. She heavily sighed as she let the sprinkle of the rain fall on her face before she made her way to the car. To think, she only had a few hours before she had to go back to the Police Department for her regular shift. Pulling a double then expecting her to come back shortly after, how does any normal human being operate in those conditions? Ah, guess it didn't help that they were lacking detectives, not there anything crazy seemed to happen.

Riley drove back home to eat her food and take a small nap. Before long, Riley was back up and heading to the Police Station. "Riley, didn't we just see you?" One of the officers called out.
"Yeah, you did. I live here, remember?" She joked back as she stepped out of her car heading inside. She began to prepare for the night as she went to the bathroom to splash some water on her face, freshen up and head to her desk. There were no new files on her desk. So, she sat down and thought for a moment. Perhaps she could spare her time with the muggings, but were they really that big of a deal? Riley pondered for awhile as she would take down some notes briefly looking over some of the reported cases. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary of the mugging.

remember to scroll~
[div class=wrapper] [div class=header]Sara Thompson[/div]
[div class=container][div class=scrollbar]
Omen's line was long, and by the way the line moved, it was going to stay that way for a good minute or so. With an audible groan Sara fished out her phone, glancing at the time, before taking post at one of the smaller tables that aligned the quaint coffee shop's walls. On any other day, when she wasn't late, she would've just booked it. As for today, she was already beyond late so what was the rush for? Getting there sooner rather than later wouldn't make it any better, and she really needed caffeine if she wanted to make it through the day.

Much to her dismay, the line drags, and the longer she waits at the table the antsier she gets. It had only been ten minutes, but at this point in time, it felt like a damn hour. Her fingers restlessly tap away at the tabletop, the rhythm lost to the coffee shop's noise of clattering mugs, humming machines, and chatter. For the umpteenth time she checks her phone, groans, and slips it back in her jeans. A muttered, "Chuck it in the fuck it bucket, Sara. Let's just go to work, face the music," is her parting word to the table as she readies to stand. It's when a familiar face with definite musculature and blond hair stop at her table.

Sara looks up just in time to come face-to-buttered-muffin. "You want this? I can't eat it." Her gaze wanders over the muffin to the speaker, a name to the familiar face gradually clicking into place. Audence.

"Uh..." she blinks, "Sure? Ah, thanks. I don't think that line will die any time soon. But... you sure? I can buy you something else." Sara stands up then and reaches for the offered pastry. The whole interaction is awkward, but with one glance to the line at the register, she's thankful for the awkward contact. It meant free food, and she sure as hell was not going to turn down free food. Even if it came from the infamous fuck boy. It's only when she grabs the pastry that she realizes the route of her thoughts. It's harsh, the label, whether the declarations of it were true or not. She personally hadn't seen or witnessed any fuckery going on, only heard it secondhand. Still, based on how people acted around him, she wouldn't be surprised if it was all true.

Ah, wait, Audence is a fitness instructor. "Oh! I'm glad I caught you-er-you caught me." Sara said. "I was wondering about your gym's fees and--shit. 'Scuse me." Her cell chimes in, barely audible over the coffee shop hubub, and she quickly retrieves it only to silence the Soft Kitty ringtone.

It's never a smart move to ignore the caller ID. Especially in Sara's case. If it had been her daycare's boss, she definitely wouldn't have answered. "Oh, ha, hi... yeah. I know, I know! I'll be there in five. Yes, five!" It's a brief discussion, ending with a huff from Sara before she hangs up on her boss right before she hears yet another threat to her job and way of life. Honestly, the kids could watch themselves for five more minutes... probably. "Sorry, I'll just swing by the gym one of these days."
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: 4pm-6pm | Location: Omen's Coffeehouse | Feeling: Panicked, Awkward | Mentions: Danoram Danoram (Audence) [/div] [/div]
[class=header] text-transform:uppercase; font-family:Poiret One; color:WHITE; font-size:15px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:4px; [/class] [class=wrapper] position:relative; max-width:auto; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; border:3px solid #232528; [/class] [class=wrappernoborder] border:3px solid #232528; position:relative; color:WHITE; font-family:georiga; max-width:550px; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; [/class] [class=accord] width:auto; color:WHITE; overflow-y: auto; box-sizing: content-box; background: #260101; text-align:right; font-size:11px; visibility: visible; font-family:georiga; [/class] [class=scrollbar] overflow-y: auto; height: 100%; padding-right: 20px; padding-left: 10px; box-sizing: content-box; width: auto; [/class] [class=container] height:270px; color:silver; font-family:crimson pro; font-size:14px; background:transparent; text-align:justify; overflow:hidden; Width:auto; border: 1px solid rgba(173, 173, 172, 0.3); [/class] [class=credit] font-family:loto; font-weight:bold; font-size:10px; opacity:0.5; color:slategray; text-align:right; [/class]

Last edited:
Benton & Brinlee Stryker
An awkward silence encapsulated the Stryker siblings as they continued marching down the sidewalk until Brinlee planted her feet onto the ground, forcing Benton to stop. "Um hi. Yeah, um what are we avoiding?" One of her eyebrows lifted as she slipped her wrist out of her brother's grip. She brought the coffee in her hand to her mouth and took a big gulp out of the cup, "The bar is ready. There's no need to rush back. Unless..." Curiosity was seizing Brinlee's mind as she began turning her head back to see what was causing such a scare to her brother. But before she can completely look, Benton stooped down to the ground as if to reach something, "Oh look a penny."

"Oh, a penny! Where?" like a cat to a laserlight, Benton had re-captured his sister's attention. To ensure to keep her attention just for seconds longer Benton had actually placed down two pennies. "Oh, lucky day! There are two pennies! And both of them with heads facing up!" While she stayed occupied Benton pulled out his phone for he felt a message coming through during his escape. His cool demeanor slightly cracked into a panic state as he read the recent message Camaree sent to him. Knowing the younger gal she meant every word she sent. Just as Brinlee was standing back up with two pennies in one hand and her coffee in the other, the sound of a loudspeaker blasted close by, and Benton's name was being called out from it.

Both the siblings turned to see the recognizable cop car cruising its way over to them. The tone of the first voice bothered Benton to his core, causing him to freeze up and face the source of sound, wide-eyed. Brinlee, on the other hand, was simply turning her head from the cop car over to Benton and then back to the cop car again, "Is there something I need to know?" Before Benton could try to come up with some explanation the sound of Camaree's voice spoke through the loudspeaker, "Release the girl or else! Pfffft~! Ahahaha!"

At first, it had sounded true as a command until the girl broke in her speech. Benton exhaled out with relief and annoyance as he realized that this was all to poke fun at him, which he did not appreciate. Compared to his younger sibling who was flashing one of her signature smiles to him, Camaree and whoever the law enforcement figure that was accompanying their friend. She walked over to the cruiser and knocked on the passenger side window.

The first thing Brinlee noticed was the new hairstyle and outfit that the younger girl wore, "Camaree! Wow, you look beautiful, doll! Were you giving my brother a hard time because he didn't notice your beauty? Hahaha I understand. Trust me I could die my hair purple any day and he wouldn't notice, but add a bow or bell to Raksha and he'll flip. Don't worry I'll be sure to revel in your presence for the both of us." She added a little wink to the end of her sentence before she looked over to the driver, "Well, well Officer Deluca. I didn't think you had some adventure in you. I may have mistaken your fun meter, sir. Come over to the club later and I'll be sure to hook you up with a drink, just because I enjoyed the scare you gave to my brother."

All the while, Benton was simply frozen in place still, observing as his sister eased the unnecessary tension he had created. He pinched the bridge of his nose then and exhaled another loud sigh before calming down his accelerating heartbeat. The man needed to show that he was not scared from the encounter or else he was going to lose face in front of not only his sister but in front of Camaree and Officer Deluca, from what he heard his sister say.

Danoram Danoram
NightMoves NightMoves

CamareeMartin.png
OUTFIT: X | LOCATION: Chasing Benton/Brinlee in Ross' cruiser | FEELING: Playful, Reminiscent
Camaree.pngFifteen years old. She wore her hair in pig-tails most of the time, so the other girls would pick on her. "We're not kids anymore, Camaree."--"Grow up."

While she was occupied with school, Benton and Brinlee were busy starting their lives as adults. Somehow they were the closest thing she had after her mother but the last people she wanted to rely on. How could she when they were both so independent and mature?

Besides, those girls were just jealous. That's what she told herself.

"Camaree, wanna come to the arcade with us?"--"We'll be getting pictures done at the photo-booth! It'll be fun." Though she felt it was suspicious, she forced herself to see the better side of people. She went with them, specifically wearing her hair up in pig-tails out of inner spite. It was fun--albeit she was terrible at all of the games and no one hesitated to tell her, but that was okay. Perhaps, however, she said something to upset them. You see, Camaree went into the photo-booth with two pig-tails, but she came out with only one, a handful of hair and her expression that of indifference--no emotion whatsoever.

She wasn't surprised, either, when a picture was sent to her phone of her butchered hair, sitting in that booth with nothing but a black, disgusting figure at her side, its smile white and empty like its eyes.

The next day, Camaree confronted the girl but things got out of hand and they were both sent home--one with a busted lip and the other a black eye. You can probably guess now that she had plenty of questions to answer, and she answered them well, explaining to Benton and Brinlee in full detail with her voice hoarse from crying and her eyes swollen red from the constant wiping them. Long story short, she got through it, and one way or another those girls stopped bothering her but she never questioned why. She just assumed they got bored.

"Release the girl or else!" Camaree's voice calls over the loudspeaker--at first, sounding legit until broken by a cute fit of laughter, which turns into a startled squawk at hearing a knock on the window beside her. She curls up in the seat before seeing that it's just Brinlee, then she laughs again and says, "Gotcha~!" all the while, her finger is still on the button of that intercom remote. "Thank you!" she melts at the compliments thrown at her, tossing aside the remote to straighten out her skirt and fluff her shirt, "Papa sent it in from Tokyo. I might be gaining weight, though, and no worries about Benton, that turd-"

Suddenly she remembers. The vape shop. Her nostrils flare and her lips shrivel in disgust as she gasps, managing something of a scratchy, ghostly, "Wait," before exiting the vehicle--minding Brinlee and being careful not to step on her toes or hit her with the door, smiling all cheerful like. Then she sees Benton again and that same, ugly expression befalls her features. Stepping up to his feet, her focus is downcast at the ground, half looking to see what kind of socks he's wearing today. Her shoulders tremble and a small fist rises, the suspense building, then her index finger springs out from it, pointing at the guy as she takes on some kind of thug persona. "Yo, yo, yo. Stryker, boy, yer not suckin' on those cancerous windpipes now, are ya? You vapin', child!?"
Life. Life. (Benton/Brinlee) NightMoves NightMoves (Ross)​

Last edited:
AudenceValor.png
OUTFIT: X | LOCATION: Omen's Coffee House | FEELING: Meh | EXTRA: (His bike) X
Audence.pngAudence gives a quick lift of his eyebrows at Sara's statement, scoffing a mix between laughter and annoyance but in agreeance with her. "Ch-Yeah. I managed to get there before everyone else, so... Wasn't so bad. It grew damn fast."

He then adds, "But no, take it. You don't have to get me anything. It'd leave me waiting again."

"Oh! I'm glad I caught you-er-you caught me," the woman says, now standing. Audence looks confused. "I was wondering about your gym's fees and--shit," a cat starts mewing in her pocket. "'Scuse me," she answers her phone.

Meanwhile, Audence is just standing there dumbfounded with squinted eyes, silently listening to her seemingly one-sided conversation but knowing someone's probably there. He waits for the moment. When she finishes, though, she apologizes and Audence gets the vibe that she needs to go, so he moves out of her way, "Oh, yeah- no, of course. Uh, but, if you're going to work, my bike's that way so I can just walk with you. You work at the Daycare, right?"

He knows this because the daycare building and the gym share the same lot of land, so they're extremely close, separated by only a grown man's arm span.

Audence then informs her, "But a monthly membership costs about fifty bucks. You just have to pay that every month. You can do yearly, too, though. If you're interested in fitness and getting in shape, you could also look into a fitness instructor like me. It's actually cheaper but it's only available for yearly memberships, which costs four-hundred up front, but I'm willing to pull for you a few months free. It'd give you time to decide if it's something you want to do..."
WolfSol WolfSol

Sara had half expected Audence to hightail it during her call, so it was definitely somewhat comforting to see him still standing there. Of course, she hadn't expected a lot of things... like, did he just? She resulted to staring at the blond then as his offers, both the walk and the membership, clicked into place. First free food then, well, this? Granted, the fee made her want to vomit the alcohol she'd downed the other night. Even if she took him up on the first few months being free, if she took the yearly membership that is. The amount was close to her rent and that alone was enough to kill her paycheck. But then... she had wanted to get into shape, and honestly, trying to work out when she'd never worked out before, she had no hopes that her determination would last. And it was four hundred dollars for a yearly deal. The fifty dollar membership on the other hand definitely wasn't in her budget cuts.

She cleared her throat, "Still, four hundred... damn. Oh! But yeah, I do work at the daycare, and sure. The gym is pretty close to the daycare anyways." There was a shrug before she headed off to the shop's door. As soon as she opened it, she instantly regretted it. The fall air was bitterly cold. A sort of cold that clung to the bone, and it washed over her in an instant. She'd only paused once to shiver, tucking one of her hands not carrying the buttered muffin deep into a pant's pocket. She'd cuss herself out later for forgetting a jacket, like an idiot.

"I'll have to look at my budget though." Sara said as she took to the sidewalk that would lead them straight to Omen's Day and Omen Public Fitness Center. "I mean, I guess four hundred a year is better than fifty a month, but still that's a big chunk of change, y'know?" She spun on her heels, walking backward for a moment to make sure that Audence had indeed followed, and that she wasn't just talking to herself. "And the free month thing, I don't-I appreciate it, but then I'd really owe you more than just a dainty pastry." She waved the pastry in the air before finally taking a bite out of it.

"But what about contracts? What if I do a yearly and have you as a fitness instructor, and I want to back out? Is there some type of fine, like with apartment leases? And what if I have a friend who wants to try it out, do they pay like a guest fee or do memberships cover guests or something?" It was only then, as she reached an intersection, that she realized that her questions were perhaps too much at once. Granted, she felt that the questions were valid, sensible. Especially if she was aiming to go through with it. "It's ending up like twenty questions." Sara muttered, shaking her head as she moved to the sidewalk's curb.
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: 4pm-6pm | Location: Street outside of Omen's Coffeehouse | Feeling: Curious | Mentions: Danoram Danoram (Audence) [/div] [/div]
[class=header] text-transform:uppercase; font-family:Poiret One; color:WHITE; font-size:15px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:4px; [/class] [class=wrapper] position:relative; max-width:auto; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; border:3px solid #232528; [/class] [class=wrappernoborder] border:3px solid #232528; position:relative; color:WHITE; font-family:georiga; max-width:550px; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; [/class] [class=accord] width:auto; color:WHITE; overflow-y: auto; box-sizing: content-box; background: #260101; text-align:right; font-size:11px; visibility: visible; font-family:georiga; [/class] [class=scrollbar] overflow-y: auto; height: 100%; padding-right: 20px; padding-left: 10px; box-sizing: content-box; width: auto; [/class] [class=container] height:270px; color:silver; font-family:crimson pro; font-size:14px; background:transparent; text-align:justify; overflow:hidden; Width:auto; border: 1px solid rgba(173, 173, 172, 0.3); [/class] [class=credit] font-family:loto; font-weight:bold; font-size:10px; opacity:0.5; color:slategray; text-align:right; [/class]

Sven Hawthorne
(Outside Mark's House)

4022b4f96062580315d5a25e742bd68b.jpg

"Thanks."

He smiled good-naturedly and climbed into shotgun next to Mark, window as he gazed out the window with the wind tousling his hair. The journey was relatively quiet and Sven found himself thinking about the rumours he'd heard recently. In Omen, plenty of girls liked to chat and gossip was in no short supply. The model reckoned he could get a side job as an information broker with all the spicy details he'd hear each day. It was often talk about other women, such as the barrista at Omen's Coffee House. Rumour has it she's a witch, or she sleeps with taken men, or something along those lines. Sven couldn't exactly remember, he'd only seen her a few times in the shop but she hadn't yet had the misfortune of swinging with him. A faint smile touched his lips, his eyes a million miles away. There was time for that yet.

They arrived and Sven graciously exited the car, finding them a seat outside the coffee house and sitting down. He smiled at Mark's kind offer, proving too polite to turn it down. Of course, Sven likely had plenty more disposable income than Mark did, but that wasn't the point. This was almost like a bonding exercise. He ordered a white mocha from a nearby waitress and turned back to Mark.

"Thanks again for agreeing to help me out. We can discuss prices and stuff like that later, yeah?"

As they were talking, Sven noticed someone he recognised pass him out of the corner of his eyes. Sara Thompson, an employee at the town's local daycare centre and a very good friend of his. A smirk beginning to grow on his face, Sven couldn't contain his amusement at overhearing in passing her conversation about a gym membership. Her figure wasn't in dire straits, so he could only guess it was more of a psychosomatic worry. Happy to interrupt her since it was her and not some random he was trying to impress, Sven raised a hand and called out to her as she walked away.

"Hey, Sara!"

He grinned and gestured for her to come over to his table, barely glancing up as the waitress delivered Mark and his' drinks.

Eldarkon Eldarkon WolfSol WolfSol Danoram Danoram

AudenceValor.png
OUTFIT: X | LOCATION: Down the walk from Coffee House | FEELING: Neutral | EXTRA: (His bike) X
Audence.pngAudence takes a sip of his coffee--black and pleasantly bitter--as he follows a few steps behind Sara for the exit, moving slowly through the crowded cafe.

Cold, damp weather greets them with a soft wind, bringing the girl to shiver and Audence a hand through his tousled hair. They're left off with a chime from the shop's doors--a loosely hanging bell that clacks into the glass with every come and go, prone to startling nonfrequent visitors.

He looks back at it as they're walking away and shakes his head. When will they fix that? he wonders, focusing downward and half-listening to Sara but also noticing that one of his shoes are coming untied. He makes a mental note to fix it. For now, he looks back up to watch where he's going and finds the woman to be walking backward, facing him with buttered muffin stuffing her cheeks--and quite honestly, it strikes him as adorable.

The corners of his lips curl into a lukewarm smile but he doesn't say anything until she's finished, the both of them now standing at the curb of a crosswalk.

"Memberships cover any number of guests, one at a time, for three visitations a year whether your specific membership is monthly or yearly," he tells her, continuing with, "And if you decide to back out, the money you paid gets returned for whatever time you didn't use. So, four-hundred for the year... that's twelve months..." Audence tilts his chin up in thought, performing the math in his head with a furrowed brow before saying, "If you were to cancel your membership after three months, you'd be returned some number of three-hundred dollars but there is a cancellation fee of fifty dollars, so two-fifty. It's a jip, kind of, but that's how people make their money."

"Also," he says, "You have to schedule your cancellations, which I personally don't like. But it's because they base everything around the months. So, if you were looking to cancel your membership a month and a half in, they'd schedule the cancellation for the end of that second month before returning your money. Like I said, though, I'll offer you some free time to see if you like it. I kind of work with the gym rather than for it--like, they can't fire me because I'm hired through the state's Health and Fitness Bureau in the next town over. You wouldn't owe anything either... I enjoy what I do." Audence smiles at Sara.

She's different from what he remembers in high-school. Doesn't seem like much of a delinquent.

"Hey, Sara!" a man's voice calls out, turning Audence's head a moment before he looks at the woman again, seeking her reaction with an expression that's asking if she knows the person hollering, because he does. "You're running late, aren't you? Want me to let him know? You can go on ahead..." Omen's face of fame, Sven Hawthorne, that young, perfect bastard. No but, really, Audence doesn't mind the kid because he's in the process of signing him on as a trainee.
WolfSol WolfSol (Sara) Eldarkon Eldarkon (Mark) Kloudy Kloudy (Sven)​

Last edited:
The crosswalk light droned on with a steady, orange flickering overhead. Like many things in Omen, the traffic light and the pedestrian light were old, and likely in desperate need of repair. Nevertheless, the fact that the pedestrian light never changed from the nagging flash of an open hand to the white outline of a walking person wasn't of immediate concern. Sara would still press the button, whether it be for shits and giggles or for habitual reasons. Right now it was most definitely a case of "do it for shits and giggles," as she pressed the button unhurriedly, twice.

At Audence's reply, she drew her gaze away from the burning orange of the crosswalk to his blond hair. Out underneath natural sunlight, his hair appeared colored with various shades of blond, and it almost urged her to ask him right then and there if he dyed it or if it was natural. Did guys typically highlight their hair? The differences in shade were faint enough to disprove her wondering, but while she'd attacked him with a stack of questions, she couldn't help but remember one of the rumors she'd heard so long ago. A rumor, that like many, she thought was painstakingly irrelevant and stupid. Who gave a damn if someone's hair was natural? But now that she stared at it, she couldn't help but feel a tinge of curiosity.

Again he offered a freebie, free time to test out the gym and all its glory. It was beginning to sound much more appealing right off the bat as he continued. Trial runs were a blessing, especially after his explanation on cancellations. It honestly gave her a headache. "Well..." Sara started, rocking on her heels for the fraction of a second as she caught the glimpse of his smile, "since you're offering, I guess I can't entirely knock down a freebie, now can I?" She grinned. "But just to be sure--" she stops, cut off by a familiar voice calling her name. Her grins widens then as both Audence and she look for the caller.

Back at the coffee shop in the small outside seating area, she spots a familiar face--Sven Hawthorne--and she quickly waves back. She's already retracing her steps when Audence reminds her of her tardiness. "Ah, I'm already late as is, you know... up shit's creek without a paddle." A shrug, "there's barely even three kids that will be there till about nine tonight anyways, and there's one other caretaker besides little, old me." Although she spoke the truth, she couldn't help but feel the urge to check the time. "Five minutes" had long since passed. The urge was shoved down though as she pressed on toward the shop.

"Sven!" Sara greeted as she crossed the remaining distance, stopping at his table. She glanced once at Sven's companion whom she easily recognized, not that his white hair or ink was a dead giveaway, as the depressive Mark from their youth. Mark... what was he now? A musician? Sara stared for a moment, trying to remember, but when nothing fit except "musician," she nodded, "Hey, Mark."

"Oh! Sven, you bastard. You left me hanging, again." Her smile dwindled to a scowl, but the expression was clearly artificial. "You owe me. But later, I kind of-well, I'm late today."
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: 4pm-6pm | Location: Seating area outside of Omen's Coffeehouse | Feeling: Curious | Mentions: Danoram Danoram (Audence) Kloudy Kloudy (Sven) Eldarkon Eldarkon (Mark)[/div] [/div]

Ross Deluca

TWsTv2E.jpg
Blue and red continue to dance across the surrounding area. Ross finds himself unable to turn them off as laughter wracks his body. A couple tears fall down his cheeks. He wipes them away with a light brush of his knuckle, attempting to pull himself together. Should he be laughing at a civilian's misfortune? Probably not. As a police officer, he vowed to protect the public, but it sure was hilarious.

Ross inhales deeply before letting out a pleased sigh. Perhaps it seems dickish that he's happy to terrorize innocents, but everyone needs a coping mechanism and, for him at least, distraction has always been the best medicine. He finally flips off the lights and rolls down both windows, allowing Camaree to talk through one and him the other. "Sorry, mate. It was all my idea. Couldn't have you ignoring a cute young lady." Ross calls out to Benton, hoping that he's not a spoil sport. There were always people who didn't know how to take a joke, and those kind of people were never any fun.

He turns his attention towards the other Stryker sibling. "You didn't think I was fun? I'm insulted." He says, but a wide smirk shows his true feelings. "Maybe I'll take you up on that drink." The officer turns his head to follow Camaree, noticing her cute persona turn into one that was kind of...thuggish? Still cute. "She really cares about him, huh? Sorry if we scared you guys too much. You're a good sport, so I owe you some lunch or coffee or something."

"She didn't want to do this little prank at first, but after some convincing I brought her over to the dark side. You should of seen her, fidgeting all over from being so nervous."
Ross lets out a slight chuckle in remembrance. "She always so adorable?"

Mentions: Danoram Danoram Life. Life.

TIME: 6p - 9p | LOCATION: Outside Omen's Coffee Shop, Heading to the Club | FEELING: Confident, Mischevious

Valori took her lantern and tracked her way back through blackened hills, swallowed by the shadows of the past. Old rusting water towers, a dusty vintage power station, among many other relics. They were also so deep in the woods this forgotten ghost town almost ceased to exist, kept aflame by the only occupant. A lonely witch named Valori Elizabeth Roma.

tvTs7Us.jpg

So the story goes, but for now, Valori was enjoying the walk and dark scenery. She felt at home in these woods, which is a testament to her bravery, as there were plenty of things to be afraid of. Taking the scenic route around, following old rail car tracks that lead from the dilapidated Black Hills Mine. It was a bit longer path but it was much easier to walk than the one she took home normally. Numerous unknown fading paths lead all over the woods, guaranteeing any who walked them to become lost, even if following a man-made trail. As Valori did many times when she first started exploring the forest as a young teen, although being lost in creepy wilderness was a blessing compared to her home life.

Eventually, the tall girl made her way off a small divide from the tracks and down a small hill, ending up at the street just down from Omens Coffee, which she headed to as it was the easiest path to the Club. Wearing a coat over her dress, Valori still felt a bit chilly as her heeled boots clicked and clacked on the pavement making her way past her workplace, only to stop and smile at one of the patrons as she passed him.
"Oh, you're still here Mr.Audence, I hope your coffee and pastry was good, sorry about earlier, I mean uh..." She said as her newfound confidence slowly draining as she talked, and she began to blush though her thoughts were interrupted by a cruel and powerful gust of wind, blowing her jacket to her sides, revealing her outfit. This only spurred Valori's continuously growing blush. "S-sorry, um... See you around Mr.Audence." She said glancing as Sven, Mark, and Sara as she passed. Clicking and clacking her way down the street.

Bouncing into a Police officer was the last thing Valori expected as she ran up to Brinlee and nearly tackled the older woman. "I got off early so I thought I may as well come in with you if you don't mind that is." She said giving Brinee a kiss on the cheek, leaving a faint lipstick mark. She smiled to herself before turning to Benton. "You look like you're gonna sneeze really bad, you ok?" She said with genuine concern at his funky looking face as he held his nose, before pointing her attention to Camraree. "Oh don't worry about Ben here, he's a good boy, he'd probably die if he breathed in morning fog to hard." Valori finished her statement, unhooking from Brinlee and patting Benton on the head. "Though, you should have just told me Brinlee was here instead of handing me the note." She sighed under her breath.

Valori paused, she was probably talking a bit too much, jumping from person to person, before they could even get a reply. "Oh, sorry, Hello Officer and company, I'm Valori Roma, Brinlee's my girlfriend and her brother is....Uh, not a thug?" She tried to say false-convincingly. Hoping to get her introduction out of the way.

Life. Life. Danoram Danoram NightMoves NightMoves

Last edited:
Brinlee Stryker
Brinlee laughed alongside the younger girl as she showed off her outfit. She appeared so lively and happy, unlike the darker times of her school years. Everything was brighter and Brinlee hoped that the little Martin saw it that way too. It warmed Brinlee to see a genuine and dazzling smile on Camaree's face. Her eyes continued to observe the girl, images of the younger version of Camaree flashing across her mind, comparing the present to the past. A soft chuckle left her lips as she watched the expression of Camaree change in front of her once Benton's name touched her tongue. Brinlee took a few steps back as the girl climbed out of the vehicle and stormed her way over to Benton. "Best of luck, bro," Brinlee laughed under her breath as she returned to the window of the passenger door to talk with Ross.

"Yes, Camaree's a great girl. She's like a younger sister to us." At least that was what Brinlee believed, in reality, she had never thought to ask her brother how he thought about Camaree. "She cares about us as much as we do about her," Brinlee was speaking these words to Ross but her mind had drifted off to distant memories of times when life had proved hard for the girl. Particularly one time when she was bullied in a photo booth. Benton and Brinlee were not aware of the bullying until then. They both had believed that she was rather a popular and well-liked gal in school, but it appeared that that was not true. Once Camaree had come crying to them that evening, Benton and Brinlee were quick to take action. Not direct action, but rather in a roundabout way. Of course, Camaree still doesn't know to this day and will never know, but Benton and Brinlee may have gone directly to the parents of the bullies and even Camaree. They managed to threaten talk things out with the older figures. While that may have resolved the issue, Brinlee couldn't help but still feel some guilt. She felt that she and Benton may have been part of the cause for Camaree becoming a target. After that, Brinlee and Benton made a promise to each other to pay extra attention to Camaree in the most subtle way they could.

"No, no you're fine Officer. No need for repayment. Just seeing the laughter and joy from Camaree is enough. Although Benton may say otherwise," Brinlee glanced over to where her brother stood with Camaree standing right in front of him, more than likely receiving a scolding, "My, my you're devious as well Deluca? Hahaha, yes she can be quite adorable at times. But my oh my when she is angry, well that can be another story. Benton happens to always see that side though. In fact, Benton always seems to see the myriad of emotions from Camaree. He's often showing me texts she sends him and telling me stories of their encounters. It's entertaining seeing them inter-"

Brinlee was deep in conversation that she didn't hear the loud clicking of high heels making her way, but she was interrupted when she felt the weight of an unexpected body on her. "Woah," since there was a slight height difference, Brinlee had to take a couple steps back in order to regain her balance and to make sure not to drop the sudden person that entered the scene. Her eyes glanced over and saw that it was Valori. Before she could exclaim her surprise, she felt the cold touch of the younger woman's lips on her cheek. Goosebumps crawled along her skin, her eyes widened, and her mouth was hung open as she tried to register what was occurring. She quickly recovered herself when Valori had turned her attention onto Benton and Camaree, but she was thrown again into a loop when the word "girlfriend" was attached to her name. Valori had said it, which shouldn't have bothered Brinlee, yet she felt a slight ache in her heart when she heard the woman say it. Why is that? Brinlee immediately knew the answer, but wanted to deny it. In some far off dream, Brinlee was hoping to hear Gwen call her girlfriend first.

"Hahaha Valori hi! I'm sorry I didn't visit. I was busy at the moment and Benton wasn't. But in the end, I finished faster than he could take to order and deliver the drinks. I was hoping that the note would've been a more romantic message rather than text," it was such a sudden turn of events that Brinlee nearly forgot about Officer Deluca, "Oh, Officer Deluca. As she said earlier, she is Valori Roma. She's my g-girlfriend, my bestest friend who is a girl." Camaree probably had never met Valori so Brinlee turned over to the girl as well, "Camaree Martin, Valori Roma. Valori Roma, Camaree Martin. Camaree, this is one of my frequent regulars that I've told you about, remember? She can be quite the...wildcard." She couldn't decide an appropriate word to describe the woman as she noticed from the slight gust that blew her jacket to reveal a rather exotic outfit underneath. Then to top it all off, Brinlee took a sidestep when she noticed Valori's red eyes. To say that Brinlee was amazed and intimidated would be an understatement.

Benton Stryker
With Brinlee being the focus of Camaree's attention at the moment, Benton thought for a moment he had a chance at escape, but then Officer Deluca called out to him. Benton merely responded with a raise of his hand and a smile to show that there were no hard feelings from the incident. His wish for Brinlee to keep Camaree occupied didn't last long as he watched the girl step out of the vehicle and made her way over to him. While it appeared that she was trying to look straight at him, the girl wasn't completely doing so. Her eyes were staying closer to the ground.

Despite not making eye contact, Benton was still nervous. His palms were starting to sweat, but one was still holding onto a coffee so he was only able to stuff away his free hand in his back pocket. Then his breathing was becoming irregular so he tried to focus on anything but the girl in front of him. Nothing seemed to be working as his legs began to slightly waver, not noticeable yet but still shaking. There was just something about her that threw Benton off his cool. Was it her personality? Maybe. Her appearance? Which he took notice looked very cute, much better than the image she sent him over text. Or maybe her eyes?

No, Benton knew deep down inside that it was everything about Camaree that made him an internal wreck. And then when she stood right before him, the world around him became still. In that moment he was just looking at the girl before him, the one he has watched over, cared over, protected over, and has loved for years and years. Any moment he encountered Camaree was one where he felt delight and fear. Delight in that he was the attention of Camaree, and fear of doing or saying the wrong thing to her. Right now though it seemed as if he was not going to be receiving a chance to speak at all as he listened to Camaree's interrogation?

One of Benton's eyebrows raised in curiosity as he tried to comprehend what the girl just asked. Vaping? Where would she get that idea? His eyes glanced down the street and spotted the vape shop located right next to the coffee shop. He concluded that from the moment she spotted him that it appeared as though he was leaving from the vape shop. This conclusion and Camaree's dialect were so spontaneous that Benton couldn't help but laugh. All the anxiety that was weighing him down floated away with his laugh. "Camaree, you know that if there was anyone who was vaping out of the two of us, it would be Brinlee. Plus I wouldn't want to damage my lifespan for my future wife." Just like his sister, he added a wink to the end of his sentence feeling suave as he did so.

But that small moment of bravery of Benton trying to flirt disappeared when a dark-haired girl entered the picture. He watched as Brinlee had to catch her balance before they both fell. It was Valori Roma. The man couldn't help but feel slightly annoyed as he watched her step forward and pat his head. Brinlee was quick to ease Valori in by affirming her introductions. Benton simply watched as she did so. A small vibration from his phone called his attention to the device, and he pulled it out to see what the notification was for.

"Brinlee. It's almost time to open. We should probably go ahead and start opening the doors," from the shocked look of his sister, Benton figured she could use a diversion. "What? Oh yes! The club. Officer Deluca, Camaree, Valori, if you guys would like, you can come and get a headstart for the night at the bar. Although Valori it seems as though you don't need anything more to prepare." Brinlee stepped away from the police vehicle as she fished for her keys in the pocket of her coat. "We'll have to continue this conversation later. Benton and I need to go and open the club up now. Let's go." She gave a slight touch to Valori's shoulder as she passed, waved a goodbye to Officer Deluca, and hugged Camaree, "I'm going to need to borrow my brother right now, but I'll let you finish up your talk later."

Ending the conversation on a short note, Brinlee hooked her arm around her brother's and dragged him down the sidewalk towards the club. "Thank you for that. Valori surprised me there."
"No kidding. Seems as though she meant to leave a mark though. Literally. There's some lipstick on your cheek," Benton chuckled. "What, really?" Brinlee stretched the end of her sleeve and wiped at both sides of her face, making sure to hold onto the keys tightly. "You got it off. Here just hand me the keys before you drop them." The walk brought them to the end of the street with a corner building decorated with the sign 'The Stryker's Club' facing them. The siblings gave each other a sideways glance and a small nod before unlocking the doors and entering the building.

The many lights that hung onto the exterior of the building began to turn on, one after the other. Slow, moving music played in the background for now, and the doors were left unlocked. Finally, the large, neon 'Open' sign was turned on, to broadcast to the citizens that anyone can now enter. "We're gonna have a long night ahead of us aren't we?" Brinlee asked.
"More than likely," Benton answered as he opened the upstairs office door for Juju.

Danoram Danoram
NightMoves NightMoves
TerrorKitty TerrorKitty

&
( WolfSol WolfSol Eldarkon Eldarkon LiviathRose LiviathRose Kloudy Kloudy callisto callisto dazzling dazzling )

CamareeMartin.png
OUTFIT: X | LOCATION: The Stryker's Club | FEELING: Down/Confused
Camaree.pngCamaree's finger is but a few centimeters from Benton's chin when she asks him if he's taken up the contemporary, cancerous habit of vaping. He's quiet for a second, staring back down at her with a face that makes her doubt the accusation. Her finger then falls limp at his laughter.

He tells her, "Camaree, you know that if there was anyone who was vaping out of the two of us, it would be Brinlee. Plus I wouldn't want to damage my lifespan for my future wife."

Future wife? The girl's cheeks sink in at that wink, also turning a pinkish color at how handsome he can be sometimes. Like sister, like brother, I guess.

"Well, I mean... I saw you leaving the store and just thought so... and... and it looked like you were running from me..." her words are muffled through pursed lips, her gaze downcast and ashamed for being so conclusive all on her own. It's embarrassing, and she feels, now, that she owes him an apology, but before she can get it out, her attention is grasped by something else.

She turns on her heels. A tall girl with her lips pressed against Brinlee's face, arms wrapped around her, and her outfit some sort of scanty brings a sudden wave of tightness over Camaree, blocking her airway for just a brief moment as she recedes herself to Benton's side.

The girl turns to look at them. "You look like you're gonna sneeze really bad, you ok?" she asks Benton, bringing Camaree to visibly tense in the shoulders as she observes his reaction, somewhat pleased that he doesn't respond, but frustrated with the woman's next comment, "Oh don't worry about Ben here, he's a good boy, he'd probably die if he breathed in morning fog too hard."

What the heck...? She thinks to herself, hiding her judgment behind an innocent facade as she tilts her head. "Hm?"

I've known him my whole life... Don't talk about him like that. What does she know that I don't? That makes no sense. I've never seen this girl before in my life... And keep your hands off of Brinlee, she doesn't have a girlfriend. Though she truly believes this, Camaree has met Valori at the coffee House; however, those contacts and the woman's overall portrayal are deceiving. Not only that, but she's usually too occupied with her phone to truly remember anyone's face behind a counter.

And even now, her wandering irritation deafens her to Brinlee's introduction--or, more so, she just doesn't care.

"Oh, a regular?..." Camaree barely manages her usual cheerfulness, then before she's even aware, Brinlee is leaving her off with a hug and Benton is going with her. Quickly, Camaree calls out to Officer Deluca, stepping backward in pursuit of her friends, "Uh- thank- thank you, Officer Deluca, uh... I'm- I'm gonna go with them! It was nice talking to you!" and then she's off, later sitting at the bar of The Stryker's Club with a rather glum expression tainting her otherwise lovely features. It won't be long before people start piling in. This, she is aware of, and she doesn't much enjoy a crowd so she often spends her time upstairs where only the ones she wants to can bother her.
Life. Life. (Benton/Brinlee) TerrorKitty TerrorKitty (Valori) NightMoves NightMoves (Ross)​

Daphne Coleman
interacted: camaree Danoram Danoram | mentioned: | location: Brinlee's Club
═════════════ ∘◦ ⛧ミ ◦∘ ══════════════

Daphne, striding down the narrow street with shining golden hoops in her ears, was going to the club. And she had her ID this time-- The bartender stood no chance. This girl was legal, and she was going to drink. Even though the streets were empty and nobody was there to see her, damn she was owning it. Even though she may look nineteen Daphne could do practically whatever she wanted (as long as it was in her less-than-forgiving budget). So there she was, walking down the street in a miniskirt and tank top with her carefully curated denim jacket and hoops.

Even her winged eyeliner was somewhat reminiscent of a wing. This was Daphne's day, she had decided. No work and no responsibilities and a shiny blue sky to match. To tell the truth, it wasn't all to different from any other day-- She had just woken up and decided right then and there to have a kick-ass day. Soon, she turned the corner and spotted the bar. It seemed to have just opened, none of the casual buzz surrounding it like usual. It didn't matter for her. She had a whole day to kill, considering her bosses thought she was sick. They thought she was sick a lot. After all, she was just a barista; They switched baristas out almost as fast as the coffee filters.

She swung open the door and stepped into the mainly empty bar. Spotting a girl sitting desolately at the bar, Daphne walked over and slid into the seat next to her. After a few seconds of silence, she rested her chin on her hand and turned to Camaree. Daphne had never really talked to the brunette, but boy had she heard some fun stuff about the girl.
"Hey Camaree. How's it goin?"

CamareeMartin.png
OUTFIT: X | LOCATION: The Strykers' Club (Sitting at the counter) | FEELING: Down
Camaree.pngCamaree isn't usually one to sour. The world may bring her down, but only for a moment before she's back to her natural spirits.

Sitting forward on the counter with her stool barely holding her up by how far back it's scooted, the lower half of her face is hidden in her arms as she glares at the both of Brinlee and Benton with every inch of her view they come into. Girlfriend... Girlfriend? She repeats this over and over.

Girlfriend!? Brinlee would sooner date Benton than that!

"Urraaagh!!" Camaree smacks her forehead into the bar, frantically ruffling her hands through her hair and knotting it up before stopping mid-tantrum to look at the girl beside her. The first thing she notices are: Bangs... So, what? Now I look like every brunette in Omen?

Smiling, she situates her stool, scooting it in to sit up straight. "Hi... y-you..." Her eyes narrow at the loss for a name. "It's going okay. Uhm, how- how are you... going?...." There's a short-lived silence, then Camaree's smile becomes more sincere this time, showing her embarrassment as she apologizes, "I'm sorry. I'm distracted... Ahhh-uhm, I don't know your name but you look familiar. Do you go to school with me?"
dazzling dazzling (Daphne) Life. Life. (Benton/Brinlee)​

Last edited:

GWENDOLEN LUKAS

862650.jpg

FEELING // relaxed
LOCATION // latte da cafe &bakery
WITH // Tyler Abernathy
TAG // Danoram Danoram

"I'm too pure?" She scoffed, eyes rolling playfully at Tyler's sweet response to her rather lame joke. You should tell my mother - 26 years old and she still tells me to keep my legs closed.

Gwen stretched her arm out upon command, the corners of her lips twitching in amusement. His hands were soft as they touched her own, inspecting the fake watch that adorned her pale wrist. She paused, staring intently at her own arm with slightly pursed lips. Wow. I really need to get some Vitamin D.

Eyes flicking back to Tyler, Gwen snorted when he confidently claimed that it was past her time to clock out. Softly rescinding her hand from his touch, she crossed her arms defiantly, sizing up the young man across from her. It only took her a moment before she grinned, shrugging nonchalantly and pushing back her rolling chair to stand.

"Very well. If my invisible watch says it's 5:30, I guess it must be 5:30." Pulling her phone from the drawer at her waist, Gwen opened the lock screen, tilting her head as she checked the not-invisible time. "Great, they're still open. Let's go."

Quickly scribbling a note to the volunteer that would be taking her place in 40 minutes, Gwen gently placed the Out To Lunch placard on the counter that Tyler leaned on. Her sling purse slipped easily from the desk to her arm, finding its home near the crook of her neck. She could feel the inside of the bag rustle as it moved, calling out to Gwen with a demand to be organized. Whatever, she'll get to it when she'll get to it.

Stepping out from behind the desk for the final time that day, Gwendolen brushed her dark hair from her eyes, facing Tyler as she walked backward in the direction of the library entrance.

"Just promise you will catch me," a grin overtook her soft features, accompanied by a wink. "I've gained a few pounds, and if you drop me I will be really insulted."

Latte Da.

A small restaurant and cafe a few blocks from the library, tucked into the tall brick facade of the main street storefront. Yellowed trees lined the entrance, leaving a trail of leaves that crunched underneath passerby's feet. The inside was best described by the word "quaint". Iron-wrought chairs lined circular wooden tables, traced with all of the cup rings of customers past. The wood was warped from years of use, marking certain spaces in the room as unfit for seating - unless you wanted to wobble in your seat as you ate. Works from local artists (a subjective title, but they did technically work with paint) decorated the cream walls of the room, all available for sale. Their caffeine selection was nowhere near as good as Omen's Coffee House, but they made killer paninis. And God knows that Gwen could go for a Tuna Melt right about now.

And yes, the name of the cafe is the reason why she loves going there so often.

Gwen had seated herself and Tyler by the window, her elbows pressing into the maple surface as she stared out onto the street. Occasionally, a car would zoom by - faster than the local speed limits allowed, she might add - causing the leaves to flee across the concrete like a tide. Another pair, a man and woman, chatted quitely in the back of the space; the only other noise being the rapid typing of an older, scruffy-looking academic on his laptop.

"Well!" She snapped back to attention, turning towards her companion. The cafe's laminated menus rested in front of them, Gwen having grabbed them as they entered. Due to Latte Da's limited staff, which currently sported a single teenager looking exhausted and bored, the two would have to go up to the counter to order. She picked up the plasticized paper, tracing a finger down the list of food items. "I recommend the B.L.T. or the Tuna Melt...

Or, the turkey, pesto, and cranberry panini if you're feeling frisky."

TIME: 6p - 9p | LOCATION: Strykers Club Bar | FEELING: Confident, Mischevious, Getting Tipsy

tvTs7Us.jpg
Valori waved to the officer politely before he sped away to parts unknown leaving the gussied up gal to herself. Now alone to her thoughts, Valori reflected on her actions. She may have come off too strong. Sighing, the tall red-eyed woman continued her way to the club which even this early was picking up. The usuals, the ones who want to drink and go home and those who have work way too early but still made the promise to go out. It's always something. For Valori, it was to drink, hang with her best friend and let the night carry away her anxieties for some long-awaited relief.

Sitting at the Bar, sipping some sweet rum to start the night off right, Val was already starting to fluster, her cheeks glowing with internal heat. "Brin, weren't you gonna introduce me to that girl from the library? You said you'd invite her one of these days, Gwen right? I've never really talked to her, but she's so your type, you know?" Val said to her friend behind the counter. "You also promised you'd dance sometime, you're cashing that in tonight." She said quite assertively as the woman took another sip and turning her attention to the girl next to her talking to Camaree.

Daphne, she was really cute and worked at Omens too. Actually Valori was the one who trained her and she learned faster, well, faster than the lazy ass do-nothings the normally surrounded the workspace, sadly she wasn't around too much. Anyway, for now, Valori was amused and watched Camaree and Daphne's interaction as she finished her drink.

Life. Life. Danoram Danoram

Users who are viewing this thread

Back