• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Running Triangles (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
TylerAbernathy.png
°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。
OUTFIT: Black T, ripped jeans | LOCATION: Latte Da Cafe and Bakery | FEELING: Nervous | EXTRA: Hearing-aids (40% battery)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
Tyler.pngTo be honest, Tyler was fully prepared for Gwendolen to decline his offer to lunch. That would have been okay, though, you know? He'd have bid no biggie, taken a seat, and have started on his past-due assignments that his professors are offering prolonged full-credit for. Not only that, but Tyler hardly eats--he can't sustain an appetite due to his medications, but because of this, they're all prescribed to be taken with food.

Thinking about it now, he still needs to take his evening dose of Nilexa, meant to ease symptoms of depression and anger--then later, his evening dose of Penitol for his mild case of epilepsy and migraines, which he was diagnosed with following that incident at the bridge two years ago due to a head injury.

Personally, he doesn't feel like there's really anything wrong with him. He could manage his problems without the pills... It's just that they've become so ingrained in his life that he's afraid to test that idea. The stories of withdrawals bring about this feeling of anxiety, trapping him against a wall of uncertainty from which he reaches for those prescriptions like they're his only escape.

"Well!" Gwendolen looks at Tyler. Away from the menu held in his lap by both hands, he looks back at her with his eyes.

A pleasant smile forms on his lips, showing his teeth, and he looks back down. "Yeah?"

"I recommend the B.L.T. or the Tuna Melt... Or, the turkey, pesto, and cranberry panini if you're feeling frisky," she says, her voice bringing him to smile even more to the point that he covers it with a hand, closing his eyes as he shakes his head and laughs.

When he's finished and once again composed, he informs her, "I don't much like tuna... But I like a B.L.T. I'll get that... and probably some water."

After a moment, once they've decided on their order, Tyler leaves the table to place it and pay, taking his bag with him. The cashier nonchalantly hands him a receipt. He snatches it quickly then makes for the mens' bathroom where he locks himself in a stall and finds his bottle of Nilexa and Penitol, scarfing one of each down with a bitter, disgusted expression. Might as well get it over with. Pasty white coats his tongue, as the Nilexa dissolves terribly fast. He chokes and gags, digging through his bag for that last sip of Sprite that he bought on campus earlier, but it hardly rids of the taste.

Fuck... Tyler exhales deeply with his head back, arms limp at his sides. Why?... He wonders why he'd put himself through something so unpleasant--but, of course, he knows. It's embarrassing, that's why. Here, let me just pop these pills in front of the woman of my dreams and not expect her to ask questions. It makes him scoff, almost amused.

"Sorry," he says upon returning--also seeing, on his side, a tall, sweaty glass of water just sparkling in all of its glory, which he immediately takes a swig of after sitting down. "I went ahead 'n' paid for the meal, love. Left a tip in advance... I figure it's better that way," he chuckles, "or else if the service is poor, I don't tip and I end up feelin' bad about it later. Saves me the emotional turmoil, yeah?"
°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。
callisto callisto (Gwendolen)​

Daisy.PNG
TIME || 5-6PM ... LOCATION || Daisy's Motors ... FEELING || Cheerful and excited10.27.19 daisy.png

Daisy hummed, her hands reaching above her head to wipe the grime from beneath the silver Honda Civic. She didn't know exactly what time it was, but she knew it had to be close to 6:00pm -- or rather -- drinking time. The thought of tequila shots and salty limes made her smile with anticipation.

She'd been invited by her first and only friend De'jah to go drinking with her at the local bar. She had to admit that it was a welcome change from her usual routine that consisted of a bottle of wine, and holing herself up in her garage with her baby, a rusty and crusty 1970 Barracuda.

She'd made fast friends with the younger woman about 2 weeks ago when she'd gone into De'jah's beauty parlor to add a rose to her ever growing mosaic of tattoos on her left arm. De'jah had not only seemed excited to have someone coming in for body art, but had given her a first timer's discount. They'd spent the whole appointment chatting away, and finally parted after exchanging numbers.

Daisy huffed as she pushed herself out from beneath the vehicle and stood up. Looking down at her ragged and oil stained clothes, she wondered if she should make a quick stop to her apartment before heading to the bar. Glancing at the clock she put that worry aside, she would not be late to her first 'Girls Night' after moving to this small town a couple months ago.

She cleaned up the tools that lay in random piles around the car, although she had a hard time keeping her the space clean while she was working, she always made sure to organize before shutting down the garage.
Can't have people thinking I run a dump, don't want that added to the other things they like to chatter about.

She went to the bathroom and looked herself in the mirror. Her sapphire blue eyes shone back at her, framed by thick eye-lined cat eyes, her lips had smudged red lipstick, and her dark brunette hair stuck out from her pony tail and red poka dotted scarf hair-band. She shivered at the image, she looked like a hooker on a bad night.

Taking a paper towel she quickly rubbed at the running make-up and re-applied as much as she could, her fingers working like buzzing bees across her face. After several minutes she was finally satisfied with her face, and she quickly moved onto her outfit. There wasn't much she could do without her closet, but removing her greasy white T-Shirt, leaving her black tank top, seemed to do the trick. She smiled, and hurried to her office, shutting off lights and tossing her dirtied shirt to the side as she went. Reaching the office she only stayed long enough to grab the leather jacket which lay across her chair before leaving the garage and locking it up.

The sun was already beginning to lay down it's head behind heavy grey clouds, but she hardly cared as she typed a quick message to De'jah, 'Headed to Stryker's Bar.' She could feel the drizzle from the day growing heavier, she grunted in irritation, quickening her pace to the only car left in the lot, a cherry red mustang. She hated the rain, but even the cold sharp pricks of water could not dampen her excitement for the night.

Last edited:
Daphne Coleman
interacted: camaree Danoram Danoram | mentioned: | location: Brinlee's Club
═════════════ ∘◦ ⛧ミ ◦∘ ══════════════

Daphne watched quietly as Camaree stuttered on, her lips in a patient smile. "Hey, no, it's fine. But school? Hah, no." Clearing her throat, Daphne angled her barstool towards the girl. "I'm Daphne. You look a little lonely, eh?" She paused. Daphne wasn't really fond of small talk, and though she would never consider herself mean-spirited, she couldn't help but spice up the conversation a little bit.

"Hey, where's Benton? Are you really here without him?" Daphne smirked, fidgeting in her barstool. After a short pause she tilted her head in a small smile and swiveled back to face the bar. She gazed ahead for a moment before pulling out her phone at starting to tap through it, ignoring Camaree. Maybe that wasn't the best thing to say? Daphne's gaze wandered off her phone onto the bar's surface. She quickly flashed a smile at Camaree. Hopefully she didn't take that the wrong way. I was just trying to be friendly. Yeah...

Brinlee & Benton Stryker
Rather the sound of bells or a sensor at the door, there was Juju's barking. Each person that passed through the doors of the Stryker's Club was met with a greeting from the spaniel, whether they acknowledged her presence or not it did not matter to the canine. She was blissfully enjoying meeting regular and new faces. A few regulars trickled in minutes after the club opened, each ordering their usual drinks and moving over to occupy their personal spots. Usually engaging with the customers and making drinks for them was something Brinlee looked forward to, however after the events of today, she was rather more reserved at the moment. Her guests seemed to be able to sense her mood and left her alone, simply giving her an encouraging smile before walking away with their drinks.

The word girlfriend, being heard in Valori's tone, kept replaying in Brinlee's mind. It was chipping away at her heart as it did so. Some logical part of her was trying to reason with herself to stop hurting herself, but she was continuing to follow the fool. Her hands had been wrapped around one glass for a few minutes, wiping away every single spec of dust and clearly any germ on it now. "Hey," Benton placed a hand on Brinlee's shoulder to gain her attention, "I think that glass is clean now. I mean I think it's almost invisible now from how clear it is." He smiled when he saw a small smirk on Brinlee's face. She placed the glass and rag away, "Sorry. I was lost in thought."

"Yea I could tell. I know what happened today was rather wild, but we can talk about it later. Right now you need to be there for the guests. They want to come here for some fun, drinks, and to hang out. I mean even some come here just to see you," he pointed over to an older couple who Brinlee instantly recognized as one of her earlier supporters when she took over the club, "They were worried about you. You should go over and say hi to them."
"You're right. Ugh, I can't believe I'm feeling like this. Looks like I need a drink," looking over the many liquor bottles that lined the wall, Brinlee picked up a whisky bottle, "Did you want anything?"
"No, not for me. I, uh, I actually was wondering if you knew what Camaree likes to drink."
"Why?" That was when she spotted the young girl at the end of the bar. More guilt and embarrassment ate at Brinlee's conscious as she realized that she didn't even notice when Camaree walked in. Fortunately, she appeared occupied with another girl her age. "Oh, I didn't even notice when she walked in. She usually likes any margarita. I can whip up a peach margarita quickly."

Finally becoming mentally involved with making drinks eased Brinlee's despondent mood. With the years of bar experience under her belt, the auburn-haired woman was able to whip up a peach margarita in no time. A light-colored drink with a peach slice garnishing its rim was passed over to Benton's hand, "There you go. Tell her that it was made with lots of Brinlee love." Benton rolled his eyes but smiled too at the dumb remark, "Thanks. I'll be going now." No one else would have been able to notice, but Brinlee chuckled from how nervous Benton was. His stance said it all, as he stood too tall, perhaps to appear bigger or simply to stop himself from shaking too much. Knowing that her brother had everything under control Brinlee turned her attention over to the couple that Benton had pointed out earlier.

A genuine smile appeared on her face as she talked to them. Stories of their wild past and the adventures they had with their friends brought Brinlee's train of thought back to Gwen. An ache was still felt in her heart as she thought about her friend, but the more prominent emotion of loneliness occupied her. It had been a while since she invited her good friend to the bar. Once Brinlee wrapped up her conversation with the husband and wife, she pulled out her phone and began typing up a text message for Gwen. But then a large shiver was sent up her spine when she felt a familiar presence appear at the bar.

Her thumbs paused on their typing and her eyes lifted up from the device to see Valori sitting there. A flurry of emotions brewed inside of Brinlee; confusion, anger, sadness, and happiness. She was still her friend, despite the earlier incident. But there was a slight change in perspective now for the dark-haired woman. There was no doubt that women were her preference, but Brinlee never considered her using the word 'girlfriend' so freely. Perhaps it was just her that was over-thinking things. Deciding that maybe she's being too over-dramatic, Brinlee placed up a smooth, relaxed front.

But then Valori brought up Brinlee's weakness, Gwen. "Uh-uhm. Yeah I did mention her before. I didn't think you would remember." Brinlee may have talked about Gwen a few times, but she has never shared her love interests with anyone, not even Benton, so it was eerie when Valori brought her up and commented on the librarian being her type. "I was actually in the middle of texting her, so it's quite ironic that you brought her up," taking a pause in the conversation she finished up her message and sent it off, "And about the dancing. We'll have to see how wild it gets tonight. If I have to play babysitter and janitor tonight, then I might not be able to. Although your outfit is absolutely screaming for attention. So it would be a waste if I didn't try to help you show it off." More confidence was spoken with each word. Perhaps she can make it through the night.

Text to Gwen:
Hey girl! The bar is open, if you feel up to it you should come on over. I have a fresh batch of fruits that would make for some tasty drinks. I miss your dorky face!

Meanwhile, Benton was trying to find his courage as his feet brought him closer to Camaree and her friend. Once again he could feel his heart racing and his breath becoming unsteady. Camaree appeared down at the moment, which Benton instantly empathized. He stopped in his place when he heard his name, but then he also heard the entire question. Before Camaree could answer, Benton stepped right in front of them, from across the counter. He placed the napkin first before setting the drink on top of it, "Uhm hey Camaree. Here's a peach margarita with my love-no wait-I mean with Brinlee's love. She told me to tell you she made it with extra love." At that moment he wished that a hole would magically appear under him and swallow him whole. Fortunately, the drink made it with no spills and right next to the girl. But that was the easiest part of the interaction. His attention turned over to her friend, "Hi, I'm Benton Stryker. I do not know if we have ever met. And did you want something to drink?"

Danoram Danoram
TerrorKitty TerrorKitty
callisto callisto
dazzling dazzling

[div class=wrapper] [div class=header]Alec Clemson[/div]
[div class=container][div class=scrollbar]
Even when the clock above the door reached five o'clock, the woman didn't leave much to Alec Clemson's dismay. If it had been another other repeat customers, he likely wouldn't have minded, but this particular patient, Teresa Woods, was an entirely different story. He'd heard horror stories of patients that had a knack for believing they had every disease known to man. A "sickness" that he'd dubbed as the ABC's disease. The stories had seemed ridiculous at the time yet now he was living in such a story as Teresa exclaimed one of her wild symptoms that was probably related to a Google search she'd done the night before.

"So I'm afraid I have dementia." Was the older blond woman's final claim as she sat atop the paper covered bed expectantly. She'd been at his clinic since three with two suspected health problems in tow. He'd managed to shake off her belief that she did in fact not have dissociative identity disorder successfully without losing his patience. Patience of which he'd been blessed with and usually never lost, but today he was finding it difficult. Maybe it was Teresa's suspicion of having DID, the way she talked about it like it was a damn fashion trend. DID wasn't easy, and it often didn't rise out of the blue without reason so her claim... his palms were itching to smack her upside the head with his clipboard. A clipboard of which he'd done nothing but doodle on, pretending to take notes occasionally.

"All right Miss Woods," a calm tone despite the irritation that ran amok in his thoughts, "I highly doubt you have dementia just because you forgot your husband's birthday. Forgetting dates, even important ones, is a common thing. As for your job, you had only met that newly hired coworker recently so forgetting their name or face isn't something to get alarmed over." The look on her face wasn't new. She often screwed her face up into one of complete and utter frustration when he gently tried to silent her Google-search-induced claims. "Here, why don't we just take one step at a time? If forgetfulness continues to happen at random intervals within the next few weeks, then we'll consider that dementia is on the table." Her scowl didn't lessen in the slightest. "Now, it's time for the clinic to close. If you would, please come with me and we'll take care of your co-pay."

As soon as she'd paid her dues, she stalked out the door, and Alec quickly fastened the lock behind her. Just in time too as she'd turned around, either to berate him as she often did, or to assert her search engine knowledge. Alec left her at the other end of the door there. He'd probably regret it later as she would probably start another crazy rumor about him or his services. She had before, or at least he had a feeling she had. Of course, like her claims the rumor had made no sense: his degree was a fake. Sure, so were his loans, all the textbooks that aligned his shelves at his house from past classes, and that one class that he had to retake that killed off his decent GPA of a 3.0.

With a sigh, he flipped off the lights, turned off the single, dinosaur computer, and searched in the backroom for his car keys. Without a doubt, after the events of today, he definitely needed a drink or two. A single glance at his cell and then he was off. He took the back door though, not wanting to encounter Teresa just in case, and wrapped back to the side of the clinic in search of his trusty sedan.

Omen was small, much smaller than he had originally thought, so the drive to club Stryker was thankfully short. A blessing really as he really needed to vent his irritations of the day into a bottle of liquor.
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: 4pm-6pm | Location: Omen's Health Clinic| Feeling: Irritated| Mentions: [/div] [/div]
[class=header] text-transform:uppercase; font-family:Poiret One; color:WHITE; font-size:15px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:4px; [/class] [class=wrapper] position:relative; max-width:auto; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; border:3px solid #232528; [/class] [class=wrappernoborder] border:3px solid #232528; position:relative; color:WHITE; font-family:georiga; max-width:550px; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; [/class] [class=accord] width:auto; color:WHITE; overflow-y: auto; box-sizing: content-box; background: #260101; text-align:right; font-size:11px; visibility: visible; font-family:georiga; [/class] [class=scrollbar] overflow-y: auto; height: 100%; padding-right: 20px; padding-left: 10px; box-sizing: content-box; width: auto; [/class] [class=container] height:270px; color:silver; font-family:crimson pro; font-size:14px; background:transparent; text-align:justify; overflow:hidden; Width:auto; border: 1px solid rgba(173, 173, 172, 0.3); [/class] [class=credit] font-family:loto; font-weight:bold; font-size:10px; opacity:0.5; color:slategray; text-align:right; [/class]

[div class=wrapper] [div class=header]Lucas Kemp[/div]
The Paws and Claws Clinic had closed earlier in the day. Not that it would've mattered. Lucas hadn't had any appointments scheduled for the next few days, and unless someone called his work cell, he didn't see why he should bother. At least, not today. No, it was much to nice out, and after walking Bear around Omen's for a good hour or so, he settled to changing into cargo shorts and a short-sleeved shirt of dark gray before diving into the forest.

Before, he'd only ventured into Omen's forest blindly for the hell of it. Nature was calming and had a better effect for him than weed did. It was something about the fresh air, the forest canopy, the sight of wild animals, that did it. Granted, that had been before he'd stumbled into Samantha Rodriguez, the beautiful brunette park ranger of Omen's woods and campgrounds. He often didn't seek out others, but when he'd met Samantha and she'd helped him find his way back to his clinic, he'd found that her personality was as calming as the nature around them.

Since the day he'd met her, he'd shot for every possible interaction, but half the time it only ended with him having yet another wild animal on his clinic's table in need of care. While the other half usually consisted of her running off into the treeline, never allowing him the time to get enough courage to ask her to hang. Something that should have been easy, but for some reason he could never get the damn words out. However, today was different. Well, that's what he wanted to imagine.

He crossed a small creek wedged between a crack in a large rock, the very spot he'd met Samantha at, and headed for what he'd found to be the tallest tree in the forest. It was a pine tree, but he'd only known that because of Samantha. It was just a few feet from the creek, and as soon as he'd brushed against the rough bark with his shoulder, he'd spotted a glow of light off to the far right. Lucas stood with his shoulder pressed against the tree, gaze settling on the glow that flickered amidst the trees, through the canopy above. It reminded him of a flame, maybe from a campsite's fire? To catch the fingers of light fluttering through the darkening forest was a bit eerie, especially when he caught onto the fact that the glow was moving. So not a fire... a... torch, maybe?

Lucas raised a brow at that, but before he could muse over it any further, he heard footsteps sound off in the opposite direction of the glow. It made him jump, and almost embarrass the shit out of himself. Good thing he didn't because as soon as he'd turned, he'd caught sight of a familiar and welcoming face. "Samantha!" He called, moving away from the safety of the pine to wave her over. He ended up walking to her though, closing the distance between them.

The sudden proximity reminded him just how short she was compared to him. Such a thought, it made him smile. "It's good to see you again. Oh, that fawn you brought in the other day, I released her last night. Her leg was fine, she was just in shock." As he spoke, his smile devolved into an anxious line. He was likely talking too fast, and that alone was making the next few words harder to vocalize.

You're an adult Lucas, get a hold of yourself and man up. Just ask.

"Anyway, I was looking-er-wondering if you wanted to..." wanted to what? Lucas huffed in frustration, shoulders shrugging nervously. "Hit up Stryker's. To maybe celebrate all the animals you've helped me out with." So much for manning up.
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: 4pm-6pm | Location: Omen Forest and Campground| Feeling: Nervous| Mentions: dazzling dazzling (Sam) TerrorKitty TerrorKitty (Valori's Lantern)[/div] [/div]
[class=header] text-transform:uppercase; font-family:Poiret One; color:WHITE; font-size:15px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:4px; [/class] [class=wrapper] position:relative; max-width:auto; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; border:3px solid #232528; [/class] [class=wrappernoborder] border:3px solid #232528; position:relative; color:WHITE; font-family:georiga; max-width:550px; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; [/class] [class=accord] width:auto; color:WHITE; overflow-y: auto; box-sizing: content-box; background: #260101; text-align:right; font-size:11px; visibility: visible; font-family:georiga; [/class] [class=scrollbar] overflow-y: auto; height: 100%; padding-right: 20px; padding-left: 10px; box-sizing: content-box; width: auto; [/class] [class=container] height:270px; color:silver; font-family:crimson pro; font-size:14px; background:transparent; text-align:justify; overflow:hidden; Width:auto; border: 1px solid rgba(173, 173, 172, 0.3); [/class] [class=credit] font-family:loto; font-weight:bold; font-size:10px; opacity:0.5; color:slategray; text-align:right; [/class]

CamareeMartin.png
OUTFIT: X | LOCATION: The Strykers' Club (Sitting at the counter) | FEELING: Down
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
Camaree.png"I'm Daphne. You look a little lonely, eh?"

Camaree's composure remains mannerly. Showing a soft smile, she tilts her head and dismisses the assumption, "Oh, no. I wouldn't be lonely..."

I don't get lonely.

The air feels to stiffen between them--or at least it does for Camaree if not for Daphne. She swallows hard then clears her throat into her hand.

"Hey, where's Benton? Are you really here without him?"

"What?" Camaree immediately asks, directing a sharp, questioning glare at the girl before--speaking of--the man himself intervenes. "Uhm, hey Camaree," he starts, having placed a drink before her and beneath it a napkin to absorb tricklings of condensation.

At first, Camaree still stares at Daphne, wondering why such a question would even arise to begin with. Then, slowly, she turns her attention to the taller man across the counter. He's speaking, but the words are lost to her, overpowered by a rigid process of introspection as to why such a seemingly simple query would bring about this frustration--or perhaps jealousy.

Her eyebrows squeeze together then when Benton introduces himself to Daphne. And as if to express her disapproval, she snatches the drink he brought her and guzzles it to nothingness like a dying man faced with the holy grail from Indiana Jones. Sprinkles of salt, she licks from her lips before exhaling something of satisfaction and wiping away the stream of alcohol that'd run down her jaw. Her hair is in shambles from her earlier fit but she doesn't seem to notice as she looks to Benton. Wide, whiskey hues narrow on him. Why am I so frustrated?... Camaree huffs and looks away, and there sits the woman from before--Valori Roma--and she thinks to herself, Oh yeah. That's why.
dazzling dazzling (Daphne) Life. Life. (Benton) TerrorKitty TerrorKitty (Valori)​

Sam Rodriguez
interacted: Lucas WolfSol WolfSol | mentioned: Gwen callisto callisto , Valori TerrorKitty TerrorKitty | location: In the forest
✧༝┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

Sam's boots crunching against the leaves had formed a swaying rhythm under her. It tied in the the melodic whispering of the stream just behind her, the calm chirps of the birds fluttering overhead, the smooth chattering of cicadas and critters. As she walked along the invisible path she started humming along, making up notes to chime in with the brown thrashers hopping about in a little dance. Sam smiled as she spotted the birds; She had worked hard last night, pouring over the books she borrowed from Gwen at the library. They had said all the facts that anyone could ever know about such tiny birds-- That they hid in the bushes and hopped as they walked, that their brown coats could be speckled or striped, and a hundred more random facts, all filling up the page in neat little rows next to the big picture of the birds. The difference is striking, She thought to herself as she strolled along. The illustration was so much bigger. The birds themselves, only visible when hopping out in between bushes, were small enough to cup in one's hand. That is, if they could catch them; The huge behemoth of a book said they can hop up to 7.1 centimeters a minute (Which Samantha thought was pretty impressive).

It was only as she hopped over the fallen tree limb and saw the bird skitter away that her mind even registered the swinging dot of light on the horizon. Her mind needed to be sharper, Sam's head ranger had said. Or I'll get eaten by a bear, apparently. Her thought trailed off as she moved towards the speck of warm light. "Maybe I should focus more on making sure we have the maps," She whispered bitterly. But the unstoppable sounds of nature and the sweet air took hold of the small candle of bitterness in Sam's chest and snuffed it out. Sam suddenly stopped her determined stride towards the light as a realization hit her. Heh, it's probably just Val. She swiveled around and immediately spotted a familiar figure in the distance, his bright red hair sticking out from the uniform greens and browns of the forest just as obviously as a tourist from the locals. Lucas must've spotted Sam at the same time, because he called out and started making his way towards her.

After he hopped over the debris piled on the forest floor and neared her, Sam knotted her hands in front of her and smiled up at him. Up, as in way up. Every time she saw him it felt like he got taller. Before Sam could open her mouth, a torrent of gushing words came flying out of Lucas's. "Huh?" After a moment Sam's mind finally caught up to his fast speaking and filled in the dots. "Oh, thank you Lucas! I really appreciate that, yeah?" She once more smiled sweetly up at his now stoic face, but his question knocked the grin off and replaced it with a surprised O.

"Oh, Stryker's? Haha, sure..." With his question, Lucas had completely flipped the tables and put Sam in his shoes, filling her with anxiety and some mild panic too. She cleared her throat and sidled up to him, leaning her head on his forearm. "Yeah. That sounds nice." And just as quick as she had initiated it, Sam ended the glancing touch by jogging forward. After a few seconds she slowed down and let Lucas catch up to her. Thankfully, they weren't that far into the forest, and the bar would only be a few minute's walk away. Or maybe for Sam, not so thankfully. As they continued on Sam realized that she might've come off as dismissive-- And she didn't want that.

"Eh, um, sorry for that, haha," She said sheepishly, trying not to trip over her words to no avail. "I didn't mean to be rude, it's just, um, I've never drank before." Sam glanced down and again knotted her hands together. "Haha... yeah..." She flipped her hat off and ran her fingers through her messy hair, making it fall down in waves just past her collarbone. Despite what some people loved to say, she had never touched anything even the strictest saint would deem impure. No drugs. No tobacco. No alcohol. It wasn't that she didn't want to, it was just that she just hadn't. But still, people talked.

5:30 PM - 9:00 PM, Saturday, September 7th

Recent News:
There was a terrible car wreck involving two families outside of the local library and near the mall. Two died, one an infant and the other a male driver. More information is expected to be released.

Late-night muggings have been reported and have the police on high-alert. It is stated that younger residents and women should remain indoors after 6:00 PM or have someone to accompany them if not.

Weather Report:
Cloudy with anticipated showers to a light degree.
62 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius)

Weekly Featured Magazine:
Week One.png
Kloudy Kloudy

Upcoming Events:
Suburban Open House Flyer.png

Misc:
A lot of characters are meeting up at The Strykers' Club for some night-time drinks!

Kloudy Kloudy callisto callisto Life. Life. TerrorKitty TerrorKitty Eldarkon Eldarkon LiviathRose LiviathRose dazzling dazzling NothingFancy NothingFancy WolfSol WolfSol

De'jahPalmer.png
OUTFIT: X | LOCATION: The Strykers' Club | FEELING: Extra
De'jah.png"Headed to the bar- What? Guuurl, no you ain't. Not wit'out me, bitch!" De'jah slams a fifty-dollar bill down on her table where she'd been seated by a handsome stud who'd earlier introduced himself as her waiter before Riley Bakker showed up--shortly leaving after some small-talk.

She grabs her basket of steak fries--it's plastic so not much of a loss--and starts out the door with her mouth full of cola and her eyes watering at the coldness against her teeth.

Using one hand, she types a message back to Daisy as she hurries down the sidewalk for the Strykers' Club, half-hoping to see Benton there. Maybe I can get baby-boy to take it all off, aaaaaye!~ She laughs a nasally cackle at herself, turning a few heads by both that and the way she's dressed. One could say she's... eccentric.

By the time she arrives at the destined location, all that's left of her fries is the basket, itself, and a grease-stained, red and white checkered paper that she tosses into a bin by the club's entrance. She then heads in.

"Dah fuq, bitches?" she peers around then grins wildly to see Benton, preparing to call out to him until it registers that he's occupied, so she doesn't and clicks her tongue. Where's fuckin' Daisy? De'jah whips out her phone and leans against the wall by the doors, crossing her legs with an impatient pursing of the lips as the device meets her ear. She lets it ring, waiting for the call to go through. Girl better not be frontin'.
NothingFancy NothingFancy (Daisy) Everyone Everyone in the bar​

Lucas brightened as Samantha took his offer. His smile returned, backed by ample wattage. Finally, after five attempts having gone south, he'd finally succeeded in asking her to hang. Sure, it was a small triumph but one that had taken him a good while to achieve. Especially when he'd gotten it fair and square, unlike her number which they'd only shared in case she found wounded animals. A number of which he had yet to use to establish conversation that didn't pertain to the forest or its inhabitants.

"Really? Awesome!" He laughed as she drew closer. Samantha met him sideways with the briefest of touches. A touch that was much too brief to really click with Lucas for as soon as it happened, she'd bounded off. Her boots causing a storm as the dead leaves danced around at each step. The sudden abundance and show of energy threw Lucas for a loop, but he gradually followed after her in a job that was anything but graceful. Unlike him, Samantha zoomed through the forest floor with ease. Hopping over logs like a damn gazelle while he sort of just flailed, having to stop first before jumping over less he make an idiot of himself and trip.

When Samantha had finally slowed down, Lucas picked up the pace. At this point, the ground floor of the forest was shrouded in darkness except for the moon high overhead. Its fingers reached through holes in the canopy overhead, lighting up spots here and there along their unmarked path. A path of which he was unfamiliar with. Then again he was with most of the forest's grounds. Either from being direction ally challenged or just forgetful, he absently realized that maybe it wasn't the best idea to go looking for a girl, risking the possibility of getting lost. Well, so far he'd managed to not lose himself for more than an hour before, and every risk had been worth it.

They walked side by side in relative silence, accompanied by the occasional restless bird, a snap of a twig, or the crunch of a leaf. It was slightly unnerving. Silence like this wasn't something he'd wanted, but potential words had suddenly become difficult. This is ridiculous, it's not like she's-- she broke the spell first, much to his relief.

"I didn't mean to be rude, it's just, um, I've never drank before."

Crap.
Lucas grimaced, suddenly worrying over how he'd worded his request. Had it been assuming, too forward? "Oh, sorry, I didn't know." Again, his words were quick, and again he had to pause himself less he lose his social footing. Especially when she'd taken off her little hat, distracting him further as she ran a hand through her hair. "You don't have to drink though! That's fine. I just wanted to..." hang, is that too assertive, too pushy? "hang with my clinic's number one client." An open-mouthed smile yet it wasn't as bright like before, riddled with unease. "We don't have to drink though or go to Stryker's, but there's more to do at Stryker's, yeah? Like food and dancing and, well if you want to do that. You don't have to and-" I should just go dig a hole and hide in it, "yeah..."
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: 4pm-6pm | Location: Omen Forest, getting closer to Stryker| Feeling: Nervous| Mentions: dazzling dazzling (Sam) [/div] [/div]

Sam Rodriguez
interacted: Lucas WolfSol WolfSol | mentioned: | location: Forest -> Stryker's

"Oh my god, no, no," Sam laughed. It had gotten dark quick, and she had slowed her pace to stay closer to Lucas. After all, there had been some not-so-pleasant reports of muggings, and based on her extensive knowledge of crime from watching Criminal Minds Sam could speculate that the unsub might move to violence. The truth was, her small cabin sitting on the edge of Omen wouldn't be a huge target for any thievery. Most of what was in there only had sentimental value; Family pictures, pictures of pets, little souvenirs here and there. "It's totally fine. I'm down for Stryker's, and drinks too. Don't worry about it, yeah?"

Sam smiled up at him, even though it might not be visible in the darkness eating away at the forest floor in front of her. With each step she thrust her boot down a little harder, hoping there wasn't any small animals beneath. The forest floor was less than smooth. Usually Sam would make an effort to get home or at least to the edge of the forest before dark came, but recently it had been falling faster and faster and she was still adjusting to the sharp shift into complete darkness. She let out a relieved breath when she saw bright lights around the corner. Omen was in view, and it would only be a short walk to the bar from here. Sammy was more comfortable know, sure that she did actually know where they were.

Looking back at Lucas she grinned again. "I'm pretty excited to have my first drink actually. I trust that you can teach me the ropes too," She teased. They were almost at Stryker's now, sound filtering out of the bustling bar. People were filing in, mostly familiar faces. "C'mon!" She called back before slipping inside. Once she was in the busy bar she waited for Lucas. When he got inside, she slung an arm around his shoulder, nearly dislocating hers in the process. But her face still had a cheery smile, her tousled hair falling loosely down over her shoulders and her black t-shirt. "So, what do you say we get? I am pretty interested in getting to know you too." Sam was just trying to be polite, but it was true. Most of her time spent with Lucas was over injured animals she picked up, and since they spent so much time together, she figured it was time to get to actually know him. Not just the veterinarian, but Lucas himself.

As always, Samantha calmed Lucas's rebounding anxiety. Her tinkling laughter eased the smile back tenfold, and encouraged his own laughter to spill out. "Okay, but drinks on me." A courageous declaration, but he stuck with it as they neared the edge of the forest that was alight from Omen's street lamps. The walk to Stryker's was brief from there, and already he could tell the club was going to be packed tonight. There was already a good few others, all mostly familiar, waltzing through the club doors. Each club goer enticing a few notes of upbeat music to slip out with every opening of the large door.

As soon as it had settled onto their sights, Samantha picked up her pace yet again. This time though, Lucas was ready and bounded after her before her prompting. However, nothing would ever prepare him for her next action. Then again, most of what she did always seemed to catch him off guard. As soon as he'd followed after her, entering the darkly lit room of Stryker's main floor decorated with monochromatic lights and drowned in loud, blood bubbling music, he'd lost her for the briefest of moments. The sudden influx of people, whether it be because the club's main floor was small or because there were just that many people packed in, spiked up the nerves from earlier. But then, it just got worse as soon as he'd found Samantha again, right as she slung an arm around him. The gesture itself was pretty adorable, considering their height differences.

Lucas adjusted his stance a bit for her benefit as they neared the bar counter. It was there that they overlooked the wall-length display of assorted alcoholic drinks beyond the counter, decorated in a myriad of colors. Despite the music, he could hear Samantha clearly, but her last question had him wondering if he'd heard wrong.

A few beats of overhead music and then an unsteady, "Oh, sure. Of course." Yep, wracking in those manly points. Lucas grimaced at himself before allowing himself a glance at the woman at his side. "Well, if you've never drank before... um, what about a..." he struggled for words, types of drinks, anything relevant, "cape codder? It's just cranberry juice and vodka with a lime wedge, but it could be a good first drink?"

He shifted, fishing out his wallet before finally addressing her later comment. A comment to which he was fairly ecstatic about, and it likely showed from what he surmised must be a goofy smile. "To know me, huh? Well, you've already met Bear and you know, probably, that I get lost easy, ha." Lucas chuckled, "Not sure what else would be all that interesting to know though. I'm more curious about you though, how'd you get into being a park ranger? It, well, it suits you well, but just curious." Well, he'd started off decently, but the ending, as always, missed the landing.
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: 4pm-6pm | Location: Stryker| Feeling: Nervous, Curious| Mentions: dazzling dazzling (Sam) [/div] [/div]

Daisy.PNG
LOCATION || Stryker's Club ... FEELING || Slightly Irritated, Pumped10.27.19 daisy.png

"Oh fuck me!" Daisy yelled, her voice drowning in the loud thumping of her hip-hop music blasting through the custom installed speakers in her mustang. The SUV in front of her didn't move, it's black paint reflecting the green light that mockingly glared from above. She shifted in her seat, her neck craning as she peered into the the car through it's back window. Darkness from the heavy rain clouds made it easy for her to see the artificial glow of technology shining from the driver's side of the vehicle.

Huffing, she slammed her fist into her steering wheel and felt the anger within push out of her through the long blast. The car in front of her jerked twice, a satisfied smirk forming on her crimson lips.
That'll teach that asshole to text and drive.

Finally the car peeled slowly through the intersection and Daisy was suddenly faced with the next obstacle of her long awaited girls night. Parking. She could see the club to the right, flashing lights spilling out from the interior and painting the cherry red of her hood in a mixed pool of colors. There were prongs of people around the exterior, some stumbling out into the chill of the night, while others laughed loudly, beer bottles in hand.

After several minutes, she finally found a spot about a block away. Before turning off her car, she pulled down the mirror for a quick look to ensure her make-up hadn't melted off her face. She was fiddling with the head scarf when suddenly her phone started to buzz.

"Shit." She cursed audibly as the caller ID assaulted her eyes with her friend's name. She fumbles with the thin device, and her red painted thumb smacks the red circle in her struggle.

"Damn, shit... urrrgh!" She exclaims, feeling the heat of panic run through her. Not only was she late, but now she'd ignored De'jah's call?! Why was this night so twisted?! She pops out of her car, flipping of a truck as it blasts by, horn blazing at her sudden exodus onto the street, and quickly presses the callback as she scrambles down the sidewalk.

She hears a click, and she quickly states,
"I'm literally right outside, I'll be there in less than a minute!" She stumbles through the entrance, pushing between a loud couple at the entrance.

Daisy pants and looks around the crowded space, before hearing her name being called from behind her. She whips around to see De'jah leaning against the wall, her bleached dreads soaking up the colorful lights of the place, and her hand waving frantically. Daisy smiles, and hurries over, her hand coming up to adjust her hair band,

"Sorry I'm late gurl! You would not believe the idiocy I dealt with tonight! Is it always this packed here?"

Interacted Danoram Danoram

Last edited:
Daphne Coleman
interacted: Camaree Danoram Danoram , Benton Life. Life. | mentioned: Valori TerrorKitty TerrorKitty | location: Stryker's
═════════════ ∘◦ ⛧ミ ◦∘ ══════════════

Wouldn't be lonely... hm. Daphne wasn't exactly sure what game she was playing here. She wanted a drink, decided to talk to Camaree, and of course her undeniable charm had gotten both of them stuck in this situation. The air between them had fell stale and Daphne stayed silent as the very person she had mentioned a moment prior walked up to Camaree and nervously placed her drink in front of her as well as shooting her an awkward greeting, proceeding to stumble over his words and apparently profess his love over a peach margarita. She picked up a loose strand of raven hair and twirled it around her finger expectantly as Benton turned to her.

"Thank you," She said sweetly with a glance in his direction. Her eyes flicked across the bar, mentally searching for anything she would like to order. Daphne wasn't a huge drinker and didn't really go to bars often. Most of the time when she did it was just for socialization-- Though admittedly her bar conversations in the past had gone better than this one. "Er, I think I'll have... a red sangria. Yeah, thanks, that sounds good," She ended conclusively before flashing another smile at Benton and swiveling on her barstool to face back at Camaree.

The girl's head was whipping back and forth, switching from Benton to the peach margarita she was chugging and then to Valori, who was stationed only a bit away from them with her eyes intently focused on the scene. Daphne, following her gaze and peering over at Val, leaned in to Camaree like she was revealing a secret. In a hushed tone, she nearly whispered, "Hey, what happened with you two earlier? And uh, why is she dressed like that? Is she cosplaying? Those are some interesting contacts,"

Last edited:
Sam Rodriguez
interacted: Lucas WolfSol WolfSol | mentioned: | location: Stryker's

"Cranberry juice? Really?" Sam was silent for a moment, her eyes narrowed at the air in front of her. She was deep in thought, (kind of). While she wanted her first drink to be one she definitely remembered and enjoyed she really wasn't in any position to gauge how much she would like something. In the case she really would just have to trust Lucas, with his bright red hair and all. She thought it was kind of nice, honestly. Most people in Omen had hair colors restricted to the limited spectrum of those which were slapped on at birth. His stood out, and paired with his tanned skin pretty well. Definitely a bold move on his part, one which she admired. "Yeah, that actually sounds like, really great." She chuckled out.

Sam waited patiently for Lucas's response, looking softly into his eyes while he talked. Her lips parted in a slight smile at the mention of his poofball of a dog, Bear, who was quite possibly the sweetest animal she had ever seen. But his next question shook her a little. It was one Sam wasn't super prepared for, as she wasn't even really sure of the answer. '"Oh, wow.." Her voice trailed off before she snorted. "Good question you got there. Maybe I'll tell you after we get our drinks, eh?" Sam teased, slipping her arm off from his shoulder and signaling for him to come over to one of the booths in the club. The bar was pretty crowded, several pairs of people already chatting away over drinks and snacks.

She herself slid down into the plush seat and put her hands out on the table with a bright smile. When Lucas arrived, she asked him a question. "While we wait, let's do something easy. Why... Why did you go out in the forest for the first time? I get it, it's pretty calming, but what brought you there originally?" After a moment Sam piped up again, her eyes locked on the corner of the booth. "About your question... I'd probably say I just liked the outdoors. I did soccer for a long time, and kind of got used to being out in the open for a long while. In the heat, in the rain, whatever. I went camping with some friends, and I guess I figured I liked the forest better than the field."

[div class=wrapper] [div class=header]Alec Clemson[/div]
With as small a town as Omen is, one would think that parking at Stryker's would have been a cinch. Yet the parking lot that surrounded the club was filled to the brim with cars almost on top of one another which only left the smaller parking lots a block away. Hopefully the businesses wouldn't care... and even if they did, Alec didn't plan to stay long as it was. Get a drink, sit for an hour or so, and hightail it to the daycare. Just enough down time to burn off the annoyance of Teresa Woods.

He made for the doors, hearing the telltale club music before he even opened the door. If possible, the inside of the club seemed a lot more packed than the parking lots did. Alec elbowed his way into the club and through the main floor, making a beeline for the counter. It was his usual routine as dancing was simply not his thing and likely never would be.

He chose the part of the counter that was the least inhabited and took a seat on one of the bar stools. A glance to the display case across from him was more or less from curious observation. He'd come to Stryker's enough times to know what he liked, no that he was an adventurous drinker. There were probably other decent drinks on the shelf, but he stuck to what he knew. It burned less of a hole in his pocket.

Alec is about to wave the bartender over, but his gesture is cut short as he catches a dreadfully familiar face. Teresa-fucking-Woods is dancing wildly, wiggling adjacent to the bar in the far off corner of the main floor. "Just great." A muttered groan.
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: 6pm | Location: Stryker's| Feeling: Irritated| Mentions: [/div] [/div]

Lucas suppresses a laugh as Samantha looks at the display across the counter distantly. Well, not that he doubted her, but it looks like she was telling the truth about the not-having-drunk before. "Yeah, it's common, like orange juice and vodka. Don't worry, if you don't like it, we can get you something else and I'll finish it." He shrugged softly as she finally agreed.

As she listened, he moved to slap a debit card on the counter, making a tab under his name. It was when she dodged the question that he'd gotten his card back. Although he should have found such a response strange, it only worried him. Maybe that question had been too personal? No, that wasn't possible... she had said to "get to know," so personal questions like that should have been fine, right? Still, maybe he should change his question, or was that-- but again she'd bounded off. However, this time, she gestured for him to follow.

They zigzagged through the small spurts of club goers, crossing over to the booths. He let her sit down first, choosing a side, before he sat down across from her. Despite the nerve-numbing music, his nerves were most definitely on fire. For once they were actually sitting down, talking, and damn did it feel good. Just don't say anything stupid. Of course, that was easier said than done.

The smile he had held from before faltered somewhat at her tossed question. There was only a bit of relief when he caught onto her wording. Good, she wasn't referring to why he kept diving into the forests, blindly with his directionally challenged ass after their first encounter. Although it still made him shift against the plastic seat uncomfortably.

"That's, well..." he furrowed his brows, gaze having to avert from hers as he concentrated on her question wholeheartedly. "I originally lived in a place that didn't have much nature. Just a jungle of concrete and metal, a city, during college. I hated it because I'd get so stressed out, claustrophobic kind of, but then I found a park near campus. It was pretty woodsy so I'd chill there in-between classes and before exams. It helped a lot more than the weed I used to smoke ever did. So of course, coming here, I had to continue that trend. I'm just glad that Omen actually has a forest and not some little plot of fake grass and a few skinny trees with manicured shrubs. It probably, I don't know, it probably doesn't make sense. I hope I answered that well enough though." An uneasy laugh and then Lucas was leaning over the booth table, elbows perched.

"Oh wow, soccer? Were you good at it? What was your," what was it called, number... "position? Camping, hmm, I have never been camping. I should probably try it since there are the campgrounds here." Lucas finally met her gaze once again.

"Have you lived here your whole life?" He hesitated with the question, unsure if that sounded too strange to ask. Whether it was strange or not, he was saved by the drinks that were set down at the edge of their booth.
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: 6pm | Location: Stryker| Feeling: Nervous, Curious| Mentions: dazzling dazzling (Sam) [/div] [/div]

cooltext335570736496792.png
⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧

TIME: 6p - 9p | LOCATION: Strykers Club Bar | FEELING: Confident, Mischievous, Getting Tipsy

tvTs7Us.jpg

Valori smiled and took her refilled drink and downed it in one go. The buzzed feeling starting to blur into her mind, it felt good. The pain, the anxiety, it all went away, though she still clenched her first to herself. She would not become her father. That despicable demon. For now, all she had to focus on was having a good night. Which meant being spreading her social butterfly wings.

Standing up Valori removed the jacket that kept flashing her hidden outfit. Her busty form, usually hidden under sweaters and scarfs, now open for all to see. None of this phased her in the slightest, not now, any other day she'd be blushing madly and exuding her usual shy aurora. Which was now a completely different beast, as her eyes glowed in the lights shining down on her.

Sliding some cash onto the counter Val winked at Brinlee "Babe, you might want to get a drink yourself, this is no ordinary night." She almost whispered to her friend with an ominous air to her words as she leaned over the counter, her ample cleavage on full display, only being held back by the tight dress. "If not, give it to Gwen, on me." She added before stepping back, smiling a knowing smile and turning to walk past Daphne and Camaree, giving the pair a wink as she headed to Sam and her...Date? Valori knew this would be fun when she saw the two in a booth together.

"Sammy! Following me?" She chuckled "Your tracks were all over the place you know. I thought Rangers were supposed to have a low presence." She chuckled. "Anyway, glad to see you here for once. You two have fun together, you make a cute couple." Valori said knowing that was likely not the case but stirring up trouble was her MO for the night. Giving Sam a big hug, the bust tall woman sauntered her way and disappeared into the dance floor.

⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧⛥⛧
Life. Life. Danoram Danoram dazzling dazzling WolfSol WolfSol

De'jahPalmer.png
OUTFIT: X| LOCATION: The Strykers' Club | FEELING: Extra
De'jah.pngDe'jah well expected the Club to be quick-overrun tonight. Hell, she'd thought earlier that the asian take-out restaurant was experiencing a mild tremor, but to see now, it was likely just the combination of feet all over town upping and making way for the seven o'clock doors.

Thinking of this, still with her phone to her ear, she cracks up.

Ring~ Ring~

Click

"Guuuurl!-"

"The person you have called has a voicemail box that has not been set up-"

"Bitch, come on." De'jah smashes her thumb into the 'end' button to cut off the automated answering machine, and is about to call again when Daisy does so herself. The name Hendrick Lamar, flickers across the screen, playing Kendrick Lamar's HUMBLE at an audible enough volume for De'jah to hear; though, no one else.

De'jah answers the call. "Gurl, where you at? You told me to be here but ain't even gon' show?"

"I'm literally right outside, I'll be there in less than a minute!"

"Mhmm~ Bettah be, baby, 'cause I'm finna tear this place up tonight on them discounts."

Moments later, Daisy is stumbling through the Club's entrance, looking a hot mess, and De'jah hangs up the phone before calling out to her, "Daisy, baby!" The two hug, with De'jah bouncing up and down like an excited twelve-year-old. "Bitch, don't underestimate my imagination. I've seen idiocy, believe it, baby. Fuckin' Naruto. Believe it!... Anyway, look at this outfit. Don't you love it?" De'jah stands back from Daisy and strikes a pose with her head tilted back and an outstretched arm pointing toward the ceiling.
NothingFancy NothingFancy (Daisy) @EveryoneAtTheClub (Benton/Brinlee) (Valori) (Daphne) (Lucas) (Alec) (Sam)​

GWENDOLEN LUKAS

862650.jpg

FEELING // relaxed
LOCATION // latte da cafe &bakery
WITH // Tyler Abernathy
TAG // Danoram Danoram Life. Life.

After Tyler had absconded the bathroom, Gwendolen was left in silence. She didn't mind much, if at all - getting used to the quiet was pretty much a job necessity in her line of work. It was peaceful. A moment to breathe despite all the chaos that surrounded every day; every action. In the place of words, Gwen could focus on sounds, on movement, on nature. That being said, she was not the kind of girl you'd want in a survival situation. Nature was lovely, but Gwen decidedly wanted to stay out of it.

Lost in her thoughts, Gwen almost missed the sharp buzzing of her outdated phone.

<< Hey girl! The bar is open, if you feel up to it you should come on over. I have a fresh batch of fruits that would make for some tasty drinks. I miss your dorky face! >>

Ah, Brinlee. Gwen's best friend since childhood and an absolute peach of a human being. Gwen could get lost in all the memories they'd had together, cringing and blushing at the stories they could tell. It made Gwen happy to know that the pair had remained close, despite their differences in careers and shifting personalities. Gwen was particularly grateful that Brinlee hadn't abandoned her as soon as Gwen developed a crush on Benton, her brother. Who could blame Brin if she had? Gwen could remember how she used to obsess over that boy, using any excuse she could think of to make Brinlee force him to interact with them. It was unsuccessful, of course, as Gwen matured and began to hide her feelings, and Benton failed to fall deeply in love with her. Which was a shame, really. Who wouldn't fall in love with 15-year-old Gwen's smokin' hot braces?

She shot a quick message back.

TEXT TO BRINLEE // heyyy! i guess two dorky faces would be better than one. (: i'll see if i can make it.

She sent the message, and paused.

// i'm with tyler, so it might be three dorky faces
// kisses!

Tyler returned as she pressed "send", his presence announced by the large swig of water he took upon sitting. Gwen listened intently as he spoke, laughing at his final line.

"Such a gentleman." Gwen's hand moved to rest against her face, propping her head up in relaxation. She smiled softly to herself, suppressing the bubble of laughter that traveled up her throat. Would it be weird to say that tipping is such a turn on? The restaurant hostess inside of her swooned.

When the food was prepared, Gwen brought it back to the table - a Tuna Melt in one hand, and a B.L.T. in the other. She dug in almost as soon as sitting down, sighing with satisfaction as the still-goopy provolone melted in her mouth. "Oh," she began, swallowing her bite. "My friend invited me to her club tonight. Strykers, the bar?" Gwen brushed her bangs from her forehead, awkwardly shuffling in her seat. "Um, would you want to come? I'm not much of a bar person but I'd like to go, but only if you feel comfortable with it." Gwen continued to ramble, smiling bashfully. She didn't exactly peg Tyler as a club-guy, even though he was one of the most friendly and funny people she knew. Part of her supposed that it would be easier to not bring it up - to cancel on Brin and ignore the whole thing... but it felt odd to do so.

Tyler, in many ways, was like a safety net to Gwen. Though Brin was her best friend, it felt nice to have someone around that she didn't feel like she could disappoint.

Sam Rodriguez
interacted: lucas WolfSol WolfSol , Valori TerrorKitty TerrorKitty | mentioned: | location: Stryker's

Sam's face held in an expectant smile as she watched Lucas. "Ah, a city? I could actually never do that." She chuckled a bit as he continued on. Even with the raucous music glaring on in the background, it wasn't hard for her to focus on his voice. It was pretty soothing in a way, the change of scenery. Even though the club was quite a bit more chaotic than the forest, the break from her diligent routine was a breath of fresh air. Lucas's wavering smiles and glancing looks of nervousness didn't escape her. All Sam could do was hope he didn't find her childish or naive-- An imperfection some of those around her had always harped on. Too smiley, too silly, too light.

But not anymore. Not after tonight. Soon the drinks were set down in front of them. Sam's hand gingerly found its way around the delicate stem of the glass, and she slowly slid it over in front of her. Her cheeks pinked with nerves, her eyes flitting over the rim of the glass. The drink sure was pretty, and it looked awfully good. Lucas's questions were her saving grace, buying her some time before taking her first sip. "Yeah, I'd probably die if I had to be in a big city like that. As for soccer, like..." She laughed, a short, intense laugh, and wiped her mouth before continuing. "Ahh, I don't know how to say this without sounding like, egotistical, you know? I think I was pretty decent. Midfielder, I think that's what it was. I never really liked the long practices, but I didn't wanna let the girls on my team down by quitting. God, some of them worked so hard..."

At Lucas's next words, the air around Sam lit up. Or maybe it was her wide eyes, her excited smile. Camp Arang. Quite possibly the definition of a passion project, but one Sam loved dearly. It was stowed away from the warm lights and chatter of Omen but not to far out; A lake sat only a while away, and it already came with a worn out tire swing she had used to launch herself into the lake on hot days. In truth, she didn't take a whole lot of people there except for the occasional tourist family. It was her personal haven, a slice of heaven and a perfect escape. Despite her impossibly wide smile and gleaming eyes she cleared her throat and blinked the glow off. "Oh yeah, camping's really nice. I have a small spot out in the forest, one a like to visit every once in a while. And I think I've been in Omen for about 7 years maybe? My family moved here, moved out a few years back. I like it though. Not leaving anytime soon," She finished. Sam lifted the glass tentatively, ready to take her first sip of the sweet-smelling drink, when Valori, in some type of outfit walked up to them.

Definitely bold. Before she could offer a confused hello Valori assaulted them with a string of words that first rendered incomprehensible to Sam. Her focus was somewhere else, but as the words slowly filtered in to her shocked mind, her face went from salmon to blood red in a matter of seconds. Her mouth opened, forming letters and words, but no sound came out. She looked like a fish out of water, stuttering and flushing all shades of red imaginable. "Eh-h. I, I wasn't following you. No." And once again, not taking any time to wait, Val leaned in and tightly hugged her, prompting a shrill "Eek!" from the girl. All she could do was watch as she strutted off to another corner of the club. Sam looked down into the swirling liquid in her cup, her mood efficiently killed by Val's advances. Her other words hadn't been lost on Sam, but her eyes were so firmly locked on her drink she would miss any reaction Lucas had.

Picking up the cup firmly, she planted it on her lips and took a hefty sip. The fresh taste of sweet cranberry and bitter alcohol washed over her tastebuds. It brought a cool, calm sensation that cleared her head. She took a smaller, more relaxed sip, but her eyes only flickered at Lucas before returning to the faint pink shadow of lip tint on the rim of the glass.

Lucas listened intently, nearly hanging on every word as if it he was perched precariously atop a ledge. So a midfielder... he wracked his brain around the terminology, never having been one to have an interest in soccer. Still he tucked that knowledge into the back of his mind as she chattered away. It was adorable, the clear passion that she held for almost everything that she did. Especially when he had mentioned camping. He'd caught on quick before that her love for nature wasn't just for face value, but seeing her light up at the mere mention of camping, hear her talk about her little haven hidden in the woods, was borderline heartwarming.

She'd moved to finally try the drink that she'd moved before her. An action that reminded Lucas that this drink would be her first, and damn did he hope he'd chosen the right "first drink." It was likely her turn to toss a question into the mix, but he'd already had one prepared. Nevertheless, he couldn't help but worry that he was gradually going to appear as too curious, too pushy. He wasn't able to let his nerves dwell on it long though as a voice, one that took him a moment to tack a name onto, spoke up from the edge of the booth. It had drawn him to look up just when Samantha had, staring at a slightly familiar face framed with long, brown hair, accompanied with large, red eyes, and an attire clad in fishnets and black leathers. It fit her, he supposed, but for the moment he only had eyes for Samantha. Regardless, the tacked on name clicked and stuck, Valori.

It's packed in here... it's already hot in just shorts and a T. Isn't black leather kind of, like hot as it is? That must suck? He wasn't entirely sure, but he couldn't help but wonder for a moment.

Lucas looked on, his nerves akin to a wave as he observed the women now before him. Val had leaned forward, encasing Samantha in a tight embrace, before she commented on their hanging out. "Cute couple." He drew a hand up, hiding the subtle smile of embarrassment at the notion as his gaze fell back to Samantha who had taken to a fit of blushing. Whether the blush was from Valori's claim or her commentary, Lucas wasn't entirely sure. Of course, he hoped it was for the latter, but with the worry of appearances, whether it be pushiness or too much curiosity, he held back from adding to Valori's comment. Granted, even if he'd wanted to comment on it... he would never be able to. Doing this, asking her to hang out, had been more than enough for him tonight. Perhaps even for the next few days.

At Valori's departure, Samantha had looked to the drink before her, and then without warning, had taken a long swig. Damn... either Valori's words or mentioning of a cute couple bothered her or she was just really... well, he doubted it was just because of thirst.

"So, um," Lucas glanced away, sheepish for the briefest of moments, "is the drink-it looks like you like it? Is it any good?" When he looked back, she'd met his gaze for the briefest of moments. How strange, he'd never seen her to wired up before. It was kind of cute. If he ever got to know Valori more, he'd have to thank her for that. "We can try something else? Maybe you should pick it though, this time. But, uh, so what," he fidgeted, fingers drawing up around his drink anxiously. How did he rein it back in to how it had been moments before Valori had done, whatever it was she'd done? "You, well, do you maybe have a pet too? You seem to do so well with Bear, I couldn't help but think that you must have a cat or dog back home? Bear's a doll and all, but she doesn't always feel like tackling just anyone down and licking them to death like she does with you. She's usually only like that with me or someone else in my family. Not sure why. She-yeah..."

Feeling that if he spoke anymore, he'd rush his words once again, he picked the glass up to his lips and took a sip. The drink wasn't his most favorable, but he liked the taste regardless. Setting the drink down for a moment, hands still curled around it, he'd turned his gaze above Samantha's head. "Would you-I mean you don't have to-but do you sing?" He nodded over her, eyes not meeting her for another moment until he moved to take another sip of the mixed drink, "Stryker's has karaoke if you're... into that?" Is that, that's a normal thing, right? Karaoke and drinks... right?
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: 6ish, 7ish, 8ish| Location: Stryker| Feeling: Nervous, Awkward, Curious| Mentions: dazzling dazzling (Sam), TerrorKitty TerrorKitty (Val) [/div] [/div]
[class=header] text-transform:uppercase; font-family:Poiret One; color:WHITE; font-size:15px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:4px; [/class] [class=wrapper] position:relative; max-width:auto; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; border:3px solid #232528; [/class] [class=wrappernoborder] border:3px solid #232528; position:relative; color:WHITE; font-family:georiga; max-width:550px; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; [/class] [class=accord] width:auto; color:WHITE; overflow-y: auto; box-sizing: content-box; background: #260101; text-align:right; font-size:11px; visibility: visible; font-family:georiga; [/class] [class=scrollbar] overflow-y: auto; height: 100%; padding-right: 20px; padding-left: 10px; box-sizing: content-box; width: auto; [/class] [class=container] height:270px; color:silver; font-family:crimson pro; font-size:14px; background:transparent; text-align:justify; overflow:hidden; Width:auto; border: 1px solid rgba(173, 173, 172, 0.3); [/class] [class=credit] font-family:loto; font-weight:bold; font-size:10px; color:slategray; text-align:right; [/class]

Last edited:
TylerAbernathy.png
OUTFIT: Black T, ripped jeans | LOCATION: Latte Da. Cafe and Bakery | FEELING: Neutral | EXTRA: Hearing-aids (40% battery)
Tyler.png
Tyler was diagnosed with ADHD when he was eight years old due to inattention, and he was prescribed a medicine that was meant to improve his mental functions. Later, it was discovered that this was due to his hearing loss when his teachers noticed he still struggled with comprehension and speech. When he was twelve, he was diagnosed with child-insomnia--up and about throughout the night, sleeping for only an hour at a time before he was roaming again.

At fifteen, he began to lash out at other students at school. His mother had him placed in therapy, and he was then diagnosed with ICD--also known as an impulse-control disorder.

By the time he was seventeen, he regularly met with three different therapists. He was under four medications. And he was a zombie. No emotions or interests. Delayed reactions. He was the boy without a smile.

His father noticed this and became distraught, angry even, especially with his paranoid wife. He cut off all of Tyler's prescriptions--all of them at once--which was terribly dangerous, and as a doctor you'd think he'd have known this when he received a call from Tyler's school that he was displaying signs of panic for no reason. They claimed he was trembling. He was sweating and vomiting and crying, pale and weak for words with gravely high blood pressure.

Following this, his mother and father divorced and, in turn, his mother moved out of town. His father was placed on trial for child neglect and abuse but was found not guilty.

Today, under his own custody and of free will, Tyler takes just the two medicines mentioned before. All of his previous diagnostics, which were mostly psychological, he claims to have been an influence of his mother's own delirium.

The ADHD--the inattentive behavior--was, of course, because he could hardly hear. After that, the insomnia was because of unneeded drugs and from his parents' constant bickering, screaming, and hating each other, which led him to seek the night's silence. The lashing out at school, deemed fresh-meat, was Tyler standing up for himself against older students flicking at his hearing-aids and making fun of his sluggish behavior. Everything was all misunderstanding and outside control. No one wanted to hear what Tyler had to say because his mother had pressed so hard that he was mentally declined. And he wasn't.
"Such a gentleman," Gwendolen purrs, met with a curious eyebrow from Tyler as he asks, "Do you not like that? I can be bad, if 'at's more ya type." He breathes a laugh. It wasn't until he'd started college that he introduced himself to her at the library when officializing his student I.D.. He remembers how she giggled while taking his picture, and the nervous storm that swirled in his own stomach as he practiced smiling.

To be painfully honest... right now, Tyler's appetite is deceased. Even in spite of his rumbling, empty stomach, he doesn't think he'll be able to eat, lest he gag trying.

Gwendolen leaves but soon returns with Tyler meeting her halfway to take his food from her hands. He appreciates her initiative but also can't help but reciprocate--not with her. Any other girl, he'd have sat with his head back, waiting for her to hurry to the table, like he does his friend Daphne, even ushering her to pick up the pace.

Across from him, with her mouth full of provolone cheese and warm tuna, Tyler finds that he's staring at Gwendolen until she starts talking about the Strykers' Club, a place he used to visit often but not to drink. Camaree, his ex, would linger there. It was where they'd meet up before going someplace.

When she asks--Gwendolen--if he'd be interested in joining her, Tyler manages a small smile. "Aaah... I can't drink, though. Or- No, I can't- I mean, I just don't. I can drink, of course, but it's not a hobby." He pauses a moment, writhing against inner retribution. How could he lose his cool, like that? Calm down. He feigns a chuckle, "I'll go with you... We could go now, too, if ya want. I can grab us some boxes an' we can be on our way, yeah?" A lame excuse to not tell her he suffers from a weak appetite.
callisto callisto

Benton Stryker
There had seemed to be some sort of tense air floating around the two girls before Benton had entered, because now as he stood across the counter from them he felt uneasy. The drink had been passed over to Camaree and he had expected some response from her, but when his attention was with the other girl for a minute while he asked for her drink order, there was no response from the brunette. This was unusual behavior from Camaree. Benton looked over to Camaree just as she chugged the margarita down. His eyes widened from the vigor that Camaree drank with. What was bothering her?

"I'll uhm get that sangria for you," he wanted to step away from the two younger women for a minute to formulate some responses. A nearby bartender was given the drink order and left Benton to think. Despite Camaree living her own life, Benton was somewhat aware of her social life due to his and her parents being gossipers. From what he knew there shouldn't be anything bothering her. Then he thought about the events of today. There was that weird encounter with Valori Roma, which as he thought about the woman spotted her sitting at the counter, talking to Brinlee.

It didn't surprise Benton then if his assumptions were correct. Valori did not leave a good impression on him, but he did not have a clear reason to dislike her either. A dark, red drink soon appeared next to Benton, "Thanks." He gave a single nod over to the bartender before returning to the girls across the bar. "Here's that sangria Miss...I'm sorry I don't believe I caught your name earlier," just as he did earlier, Benton placed a napkin down first then the drink on top of it, right next to the dark-haired girl.

dazzling dazzling
Danoram Danoram

Brinlee Stryker
Worn bills were placed on the counter before Brinlee as Valori got up to wander off. She watched as the taller woman made her way to a booth with a couple in it. Wild Valori was here tonight. "I think I will be needing a drink soon," she ran a hand through her messy hair, feeling somewhat drained from talking to Valori. A loud tweet sounded from her pocket. Brinlee pulled out her phone and saw that Gwen had responded back. Like a hormonal teenage girl in high school, a goofy grin appeared on her face as she read the text. But it faltered when she read the last message.

Within the messages was a mention of a name, Tyler. A sickening weight sank inside of her. The bar began to blur around her. Voices were being drowned out. But the pumping music was increasing in volume. Along with the heaviness was a burning feeling. What a mess she became internally just reading a few words. Her body was yearning for something. Really it was desiring someone but at the moment there were only things that could help her at the moment, alcohol. "I need a drink now." She poured herself a shot of tequila and downed it. The burning sensation that was already present was multiplied with the addition of the liquor, but it had spread across her body and numbed some pain away. Her eyes glanced around the bar and saw that her bartenders were doing a great job serving the guests, this observation convinced her to proceed with another shot.

Two shots in her system, Brinlee was feeling lighter and warm. Gwen was still unfortunately in the back of her mind, but her eyes had returned to the bar counter and landed on a lone man at the end of the bar. It didn't seem like he had a drink yet, and that no one has attended to him. He needed service and Brinlee needed a distraction. Having a higher tolerance to alcohol than her brother, Brinlee still had a working mind, just not crystal clear.

She walked over and leaned onto the counter to greet the man, "Welcome to Stryker's Club. Have you been helped yet?"

WolfSol WolfSol (Alec)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back