• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Running Triangles (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Benton & Brinlee Stryker

A small smile spread across Benton's face as he watched Camaree instantly respond to his request, seeing that 'no' was not even an option in her mind. She had left the living room to grab her shoes and Bullet's leash before she returned to his side. The strong loyalty this young woman had for Brinlee and Benton was a quality he fiercely adored of Camaree. Brinlee too loved the tight bond the three shared, although for her she saw Camaree nothing more than a younger sister, compared to Benton--who saw her more as a person beyond familial companionship. "I don't think so. It appears that there's a crime scene near the club and they contacted Brinlee for surveillance footage...and...one of her friends, Valori Roma if you remember her, is in the hospital. It seems that she's having one hell of a morning. She probably would like if we could take her somewhere to eat afterwards, maybe the Sugar Star Bakery? I know how much she loves the cinnamon rolls there." As soon as Camaree was prepared, Benton had ushered the dogs out of the apartment and followed alongside the young woman as they entered his vehicle once more and made their way over to the club, explaining as much as he could while doing so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the button to end the call was pressed, Brinlee tossed her phone over to the pillow next to her with a heavy sigh. Tears were lining the bottom of her eyes and cascading down her cheeks as she stuffed them into her crossed arms. Her emotions were on overload at this point, usually, she wouldn't have cried over such news between the discovery of a body and her injured friend, but from the fresh wounds of last night, anything at this point would irritate the rawness of her heart.

"I need to call Valori..." Brinlee mumbled to herself, "Call Valori, call Valori, call Valori." Her chant ceased once she retrieved her smartphone and dialled her friend's number.

After three long rings, an unfamiliar voice picked up, "Hello?"
"Oh, uh, hi. I was calling for Valori."
"Who is this?"
"Brinlee--Brinlee Stryker."
"Oh! Brinlee, yes, Valori is asleep at the moment. It seems that after her evaluation with the local therapist, she was upset to the point that she drifted off to sleep. I'm glad you called. She was asking about you."
"How is she?"
"Injured, but fine. I am Valori's aunt, Martha Roma. We actually came to visit Valori by surprise but heard she ended up in the hospital."
"Valori's aunt? But she never mentioned you." Brinlee could hear a loud sigh from the other end of the line.
"I'm not surprised. This is actually our first time meeting her too. Her existence slipped out of my brother's mouth one day and eventually, he spilt the beans. But it's somewhat fortunate that we found her now. We will be taking Valori with us to help her recover from her injuries."
"Oh? That's wonderful to hear. I...tell her I said hi and I wish her the best on a speedy recovery and to hear from her soon."
"I will be sure to do that. I have to let you go now, the doctor is back in the room. Goodbye, Miss Stryker."
"Thank you, Martha Roma," one worry was finally settled after the call. It was evident in Brinlee's state as she felt her heart rate slowly decrease. But she couldn't collapse onto the bed and finish the day away with sleep since she had other matters to attend to.

Discontent but calmer than the beginning of the morning, Brinlee set off towards the club.

Danoram Danoram

Monkey Man
Interacting: Tatie Danoram Danoram and Julia @callisto
Mentions:
Feeling: Still kinda tired and awkward.
Outfit: black sweatpants and a baggy white tee-shirt.

Man, he really walked into this one today. Now he felt awkward and hungry! There was no way he could ask Tatie for food right now. It may be the food he bought himself but happened to keep it in Tatie's house. But if he were to loiter around the kitchen then that would really piss his friend off. Plus he didn't want to stay in the middle of whatever was about to happen. If things didn't cool down then he would have save himself and Liam before the house blew up. "I'm doing well. Been very busy doing work...lots of work." He had heard the groan the woman let out and that really didn't help his feelings. And Tatie REALLY wasn't helping Julia like him after making it seem like he could give Liam poison ivy. He caught the tube before it could hit the floor
"Liam may lick the walls but he won't be licking my stomach so I know he won't be getting any rashes!" He turned over to the pissed off mother, trying to reassure her that he was not some total hobo. "Julia I swear, I would never let that happen to your sweet baby, I am always kind to him! He's my dude. Dudes don't spread rashes to each other. You have nothing to worry about! I may work outside but I am very clean, Tatie is just being extra."
He slipped away from the happy couple and started back towards the bathroom. "I hate to leave, but I should try to fight this rash..." He grabbed his things from the bathroom and went back to the front door, doing a very good job of not looking like he would jump out a widow at any moment. "See you guys later!" He smiled, happy to be going back to the comfort of his van.

Daisy.PNG

LOCATION || On the Road … TIME || 09:25am ... FEELING || Reserved, Nostalgic10.27.19 daisy.png

Being sober was a curse. Each turn, and rev of the machine below her, just served to shoot spears of nostalgic pain into her heart. The wind threading through her hair and the snap of jackets in fast moving air and the rumble of bike beneath brought forth memories of the past… and oh how she loathed thinking about the past.

And yet… that was all she had been able to think about since last night. Why was that? Daisy tightened her grip on Audence’s torso as they started entering the downtown area of Omen. Was it because she had drank more than usual the night before? Was it because of the insane amount of reminders all around her? She didn’t know, but she felt like something was off. Like something was going to go terribly wrong…

“...You've ridden one before- I could tell. Have you ever driven?"

Audence’s question as they’d left her house - which she had dodged with a laugh and a vague ‘I may have,’ - now drilled into her. Yes. She had ridden one before… and yes, she had driven one before. There was a part of her that itched to take hold of the handle bars, a part of her that craved the feel of asphalt just centimeters from her shin as she took corners sharply and quickly. The rush of adrenaline as she weaved through cars. The pure euphoria that came from gambling everything, including your life, yet being in total control of the outcome, and beating death.

However, married to those memories and emotions was a man. His jet black hair, and dark brooding eyes -- which bore into anyone he stared at -- seemed as real as the back she now leaned on. His back had been slimmer, not as muscular, but toned, not as broad, but large enough for her to rest her head comfortably. She had fit perfectly to his shape, and it had been just one of the many things she’d loved about him, and which not made the acid within her stomach twist and burn.

This was why she avoided motorcycles… and people who rode them. Daisy lifted her head and studied the back of Audence’s. Little tufts of blonde peek-a-booed from underneath the lip of his helmet. This man was so strikingly different from the man in her memory, and yet Audence could bring him forth from her memory, like he could summon the man of her past from the depths of hell. Just why did she feel a connection with Audence? Why did it not bother her, yet drive her crazy, when she was with him?

It was odd.

The beast beneath her went silent, and she looked up to see they were now parked behind her car. It was as though she’d been stuck in a desert and for the first time in months seen the breath of fresh water. Her mustang, sitting pretty in red, just waiting for her to jump behind the wheel and drive away her regrets. Rejuvenated, she hopped off the bike and pulled off her helmet, whipping her hair as she did.

Daisy smiled, the weight of the helmet now gone, along with the weight of memories.

“Thanks again for last night, Audy!” She pushes the borrowed headgear into his chest, and steps up onto the sidewalk,

“If I can ever return the favor let me know,” Daisy brought her hands up to the back of her head and quickly tied her hair into a ponytail. She smiled once more before giving Audence a little peck on the cheek.

“Don’t work too hard today, okay hun?” She winked teasingly, and turned, strutting to her car. But before she made it inside she heard his voice come from behind her,

"Oh- uh, Daisy!... You look great, by the way. I'll text you later." Once the he’d said it, he quickly replaced his helmet, gave her a two finger salute and then peeled out onto the street.

Daisy stared with wide eyes as he left, a warmth spreading to her cheeks. She laughed a little nervously and then quickly entered her car. Once inside, she pushed her forehead into the top of her steering wheel, collecting her composure. His compliment had caught her off guard, and she felt her chest squeezing happily. This was not good... She sighed, tension that she hadn’t realized was there left her shoulders. She smiled, although she still had to sort her feelings out about the body builder, at least it seemed she had successfully replaced her embarrassing night and unladylike appearance from this morning, with her carefully planned outfit.

With that worry put to rest, her mind started to focus on what she needed to do today. Daisy had only one appointment today at the garage around 1pm, so she wasn’t in any rush. However now that she was alone, her body stopped producing endorphins and hormones, and instead focused on the fact that she had abused it the night before. Her guts grumbled and rumbled, and her head ached with the revenge of alcohol soaked blood.

Must… get… coffee.

With a destination in mind, she slowly raised her body, careful not to go too quickly in fear she would pass out, and she turned on her car. The sound of pistons and pristine cylinders was sweet music to her ears. Daisy sighed in contentment, and pulled out onto the street.

Her radio was turned on from the night before, and as she drove along the voice of a woman ranting filled her car. Either she was too lazy or too tired to change it, so Daisy let it play as she drove along only half listening.

”...traffic is a bit congested on the roads… police activity...”

Daisy raised a brow at that. Something happened at the bar or at least near it? She had a brief moment of panic as she combed through her memories of the night to ensure she hadn’t done anything too crazy. But nothing was coming to mind, and the moment she was satisfied that she wasn’t in trouble with the law yet again, she heard something that caught her attention,

“Y’all know the Fall Dance is fast approaching, don’t wait for that hunk of hubba bubba you’ve been eyeing to ask you out! It’s 2019 gurls! Take your destiny in your own hands and ask that little bitch out!”

An aggressive way to say it for sure, but the idea of taking someone to the dance floated into her head like a puffy cloud. Could be fun…

Daisy pulled into the parking lot of the small business center that housed Omen’s Coffee House, and leaned forward to try and locate a spot. It was packed for the small establishment, and as soon as any spot was free, another car would immediately replace it. After several minutes she was sinally able to find an open spot, and she wasted to time squeezing into it.

This is why I hate these types of establishments… and this place has no competition in town which is why it’s so horrible.

She sighed, resigned in her destiny to brave the hot and cramp spaces of the cafe. She locked her car, took note of the license plates of the cars next to her, just in case any of them dared to scratch her baby, and then she made her way into the cafe. When she saw the long line and packed sitting area, she cursed her hang-over and got in line with her arms crossed. When she finally got her coffee she turned around, a smile on her face, and she saw the object of her fascination, Dr. Alec Clemson.

Daisy felt her heart clench, and she watched him as he spoke with another man sitting across from him. The other man had his back to her, so she couldn’t make out his features, but she hardly cared. Currently her focus was on an internal battle happening within her.

She had never officially met the Doctor, and she felt awkward that her situation seemed that of a stalker. She would see him in public, watch him with lustful eyes, but never actually introduce herself. She wondered if he even noticed her existence, and she felt her self=confidence collapsing on itself by the embarrassing situation.

However there was another part of her that was irritated with herself. Just why was she acting like a school girl crushing on an unattainable upperclassman. She was Daisy freaking Hendrick! If she wanted something she’d go for it. Her face hardened with determination, she would march up to the man, introduce herself and ask for his number.

She nodded to herself and started to push through the throng of people to reach his table, but just before she made it, a man who had bleached white hair, tattoo sleeves and a mischievous smirk, walked up to the two sitting men and inserted himself between her and her destination. He started to engage the other man she’d seen sitting down, and the atmosphere seemed intense.

Daisy sighed and turned around. Maybe it just wasn’t meant to be. Thinking on it, there had been no real chance for her to speak to the doctor in the past, and it looked like that trend would continue. The universe must hate her. She started to walk away, her mood dark and her hand gripping at the pipping hot cup in her hand, when she remembered something Crazy Eddy had said that morning,
“...It’s 2019 gurls! Take your destiny in your own hands and ask that little bitch out!”

She stopped right at the door of the cafe, the words ringing in her ears like a siren. That’s right… no one controlled Daisy’s destiny but herself. She stood up straighter, turned on heel, and made her way back through the crowd. The white haired asshole who had interrupted her was still there speaking with the two men, but she ignored it. If she let it bother her, she would lose the small amount of courage she had managed to muster.

Marching up to the table, she slammed her hand and to-cup onto the table, and turned her head to look at the Doctor with what she thought was a sweet smile, but came off as alarming due to her abrupt appearance, and she stuck out a hand, her heart beating faster and harder than it had ever done in her whole life. She gulped, and without thinking, words tumbled from her mouth like a freight train.

“Hi! My name’s Daisy, and I think you’re hot, go to the Dance with me?”

Danoram Danoram Life. Life. WolfSol WolfSol

Warren Fox

Warren.jpg
As much as he tried to escape the situation, it appeared as though Lady Luck didn't want to grant him any wishes as the sickening taste of bitterness filled Warren's mouth. The one soul he didn't want to meet face to face leisurely was standing close by to him and Alec, Aiden Morris. Had he no connection to the boy would he feel such heat and anger tingling across his body, but this very boy was a case coming close to pushing against the limits of his ethics. Aiden Morris was certainly a challenging case to work with. This provided great practice and challenge to Warren's work, but the story behind it sickened him. If he was any ignorant gossiper, Warren would gladly call him a criminal, but as a lawyer, he was aware that label was wrong. At the moment he was a client. And to continue helping him with his case, criminal was the last label he needed to be mentally pinning to the boy.

"If you could remember clearly, Mr. Morris, mornings are my building blocks for the day. So I wish to utilize my time for the morning as much as I can..." Warren made sure to speak his words slowly and clearly, calculating the appropriate response for Aiden. The only desire Warren had at the moment was to make his conversation with Aiden as short as possible. Alec was mostly unaware of the relationship Warren had to Aiden and he wanted to keep it as minimal as possible. But it appeared as though Aiden wasn't finished since he followed up his comment with a question concerning Warren's grandparents.

A slight wave of anger rose up Warren's body, slightly coloring his face as his golden eyes directed themselves over to Aiden's smirk. The boy knew Warren's weaknesses and this frustrated him. As much as Warren was aware of a few of Aiden's weaknesses, he could not use them against him as he was bound by money and reputation to Mr. Morris. "They are well. Thank you for asking."

It was then by some goddamn miracle that Lady Luck showed herself up in the form of a beautiful woman with starking black, wavy hair and dazzling blue eyes. All anger was quelled with the succulent scent emanating from the feminine figure in front of him. Time had froze as the white-haired man captured as many details as he could about the woman before him. But her attention was focused on his friend before him. A slight ache pulled at his heart from this realization considering his mind connected the dots that this very goddess was the one he had been spotting with the mesmerizing, red Mustang.

Invested in the conversation, Warren even had his eyes on Alec as he waited for an answer from him, despite not being the one who asked--Aiden's presence suddenly becoming part of the background.

WolfSol WolfSol NothingFancy NothingFancy

[div class=wrapper] [div class=header]Alec Clemson[/div]
1572846233382.png
[div class=container][div class=scrollbar]
Today was uncharacteristically strange and full of random encounters. That or Warren had chosen a table that was blessed--or maybe cursed--with something that drew curious attention. The conversation between the mayor's son and his friend was surely not one shared between friends. However, it was difficult to tell just what their relationship was. He'd found out much earlier into his friendship and game of stocks with the lawyer that Warren was uncannily good when it came to schooling his expression. It was be to expected though, considering his profession. Still, Alec didn't miss the tension or Warren's manner of speaking. It was colder, much more strained.

It was only through Warren's brief explanation of his grandparents' well-being that Alec understood. They were nowhere close to friends and were far from being strangers to one another. Perhaps Aiden was a client... his gaze flicked between the two. If Aiden had been or was a client, it was clear that their work relationship was anything but good. Especially when it came to the younger man. Aiden's appearance spoke of rebellion, especially with the way he spoke. He came across as abrupt, offensive, and a smidgen obnoxious.

Still... "Warry?"

"Warren--" he was promptly interrupted, a coffee cup and a slender hand slamming down on the table right before him. It startled him, but not as much as the hand that darted toward him in greeting. His brows raised as his gaze lifted, following the arm up until he was staring into two pools of deep blues. The sight of them briefly reminded him of a seascape.

“Hi! My name’s Daisy, and I think you’re hot, go to the Dance with me?”

What? His gaze fell down to her outstretched hand as her rushed words, accompanied by a smile, clicked. Right, there was the dance just around the corner. Well, this was... interesting. He'd never quite had someone be so forward with him, unless they were under anesthesia. She appeared wide awake, and hopefully wasn't being influenced by drugs. That'd be a shame if so, they'd definitely take a toll on her beauty.

What did people do in situations like these, honestly? Flirting was clear, he understood that to a degree. But such a thing, he hadn't done since he'd met Ashley's mother, and that hadn't ended well, of course.

"Hello..." he began, taking her hand in his and shaking it. Only because it was the polite thing to do. Now for his response. It would hopefully come across as polite, wouldn't it? Because he had zero desire to go to the dance, even if this rather attractive woman asked for such a thing. He had his daughter after all, and there was also the fact that he had just met this woman. Still, this definitely wouldn't be easy. "Daisy," her name rolled off easily, "pleasure to meet you. I'm Alec, and... although that sounds flattering, going to the dance with a beautiful woman such as yourself, I don't think I can." Alec smiled sheepishly.

Should he offer his number instead or was that too juvenile? Too forward? Granted, look at her... this "Daisy." She was as forward as one could be. Should he at least solidify an excuse? Especially since said excuse took top priority. "I don't have anyone to watch my daughter during that time, you see." There was a half shrug as he released his grip.
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: 9AM Somethin' | Location: Omen's Coffeehouse| Feeling: Startled| Mentions: Warren ( Life. Life. ) Daisy ( NothingFancy NothingFancy ) [/div] [/div]
[class=header] text-transform:uppercase; font-family:Poiret One; color:WHITE; font-size:15px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:4px; [/class] [class=wrapper] position:relative; max-width:auto; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; border:3px solid #232528; [/class] [class=wrappernoborder] border:3px solid #232528; position:relative; color:WHITE; font-family:georiga; max-width:550px; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; [/class] [class=accord] width:auto; color:WHITE; overflow-y: auto; box-sizing: content-box; background: #260101; text-align:right; font-size:11px; visibility: visible; font-family:georiga; [/class] [class=scrollbar] overflow-y: auto; height: 100%; padding-right: 20px; padding-left: 10px; box-sizing: content-box; width: auto; [/class] [class=container] height:270px; color:silver; font-family:crimson pro; font-size:14px; background:transparent; text-align:justify; overflow:hidden; Width:auto; border: 1px solid rgba(173, 173, 172, 0.3); [/class] [class=credit] font-family:loto; font-weight:bold; font-size:10px; opacity:0.5; color:slategray; text-align:right; [/class]

[div class=wrapper] [div class=header]Aiden Morris[/div]
unknown.png
[div class=container][div class=scrollbar]
There was the slightest of tilts to his head as he watched the lawyer suffer through some internal battle for a split second before replying. The older man's words did little to put a damper on Aiden's smile. Especially that last response, one that Warren had spoken briskly. An attempt to end the conversation there, cut off any addendums.

Aw, surely Warren knew him better than that? Aiden had intended to reply, knowing well that mentioning the man's grandparents again would earn him an even better reply, but then a new addition came to the table. It caught him unawares, but the new addition certainly didn't disappoint as she rattled on a quick greeting, compliment, and an invitation to the dance all in one go to Warren's table companion.

The look on the doctor's face was priceless, and Aiden couldn't help but snicker as the self-proclaimed Daisy waited for a reply. "An assertive woman, that's sexy." He commented before Alec finally moved to accept the offered hand.

He listened as the doctor turned the invitation down. Gaining a tidbit of information that he hadn't known previously, doctor was a dear old dad. "Well, that was anticlimactic." There was a sigh before he rotated and redirected his attention back on his lawyer. "See you soon, I'm sure." The ever present grin widened and he half-waved before promptly turning on his heel and sauntering out of the coffee shop.
[/div][/div] [div class=credit] WolfSol WolfSol Time: Wee hours of the morning | Location: Omen's Coffeehouse| Feeling: Humored| Interactions: Warren ( Life. Life. ) Alec Daisy ( NothingFancy NothingFancy ) [/div] [/div]
[class=header] text-transform:uppercase; font-family:Poiret One; color:WHITE; font-size:15px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:4px; [/class] [class=wrapper] position:relative; max-width:auto; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; border:3px solid #232528; [/class] [class=wrappernoborder] border:3px solid #232528; position:relative; color:WHITE; font-family:georiga; max-width:550px; min-height:auto; margin: auto; background-color: #000000; background-position: center; padding:0.5em; [/class] [class=accord] width:auto; color:WHITE; overflow-y: auto; box-sizing: content-box; background: #260101; text-align:right; font-size:11px; visibility: visible; font-family:georiga; [/class] [class=scrollbar] overflow-y: auto; height: 100%; padding-right: 20px; padding-left: 10px; box-sizing: content-box; width: auto; [/class] [class=container] height:270px; color:silver; font-family:crimson pro; font-size:14px; background:transparent; text-align:justify; overflow:hidden; Width:auto; border: 1px solid rgba(173, 173, 172, 0.3); [/class] [class=credit] font-family:loto; font-weight:bold; font-size:10px; opacity:0.5; color:slategray; text-align:right; [/class]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back