• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech: Army of the Southern Cross - OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Purr Purr I just posted that you get 3 hit points.
So in other words i got 1 skill point to spend?
I wouldn't call it a 'skill point', but yes, one per level. You can bank it for another martial art style, or you can get other weapon skills, more Espionage skills, Communication skills, et cetera. Any of the skills are a valid option.

Ill have a look what appeals to me and ill add it later on the sheet.

Yes! I saw dat!

And for dat, I give you a cookie (Like)!

Purr Purr , I am thinking of picking up JKD, and since I have Boxing, we can train each other. Obviously it will take me some time to get the other MA, and I might change my mind in the meantime, but its a thought. What do you think?

jumping duke lemur center GIF by Duke University
Give me a bit to respond to this? Real-Life be hoppin'!

Then you'd better jump to it! Ha!
Every time, bud! Every time. =)

O.K.. What the character wants (Kitty) is to learn the boxing skill preferably from a human whom she has some time with. In other words, a squad mate. She would prefer a human over in non-human because boxing is a human skill.

What the player wants (Dann) is for that and maybe a bit more. If I can turn this into a thing that everyone can get in on, I'd rather have that.

What I mean is this - I think the chances are high that everybody else in the squat has the boxing skill. If this is true, then everyone else in the squad and knows how to box. However, to the best of my knowledge, only Kitty is studying Jeet Kune Do. So what if we needed a squad thing where everybody practiced together their boxing and a new trick or two from Jeet Kune Do and the result would be everybody would rise and improve together. Not just Kitty and Doug.

That is what I would like to see. Is that possible?

That works for me, assuming that I don't find another skill in the meantime that I want to go ahead and pick up. But we can all give you instruction in Boxing no problem!

Ok so 3 basic radio and i use 1 action for a single roll or does it affect all rolls?

GunMan2 GunMan2 Hey, you! One usually uses Actions only during combat. During out-of-combat, like now, you just roll Skills unless the Game Master specifically asks you to do otherwise. =)

So they are combat actions. Oh well good thing i did not deduct anything from my sheet

Yeah. Now, if ever you want to roll an Action Point you can do that in or out of combat. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Thank you for the "Well-written" compliment on my most recent post! That feels good! =)

Just want to share an observation. =) The longer I play and develop Kitty (thanks GunMan2 GunMan2 for the terrifically-fitting nickname!) the less "Japanese" she seems to me. Her "voice" feels rather high-class English the more and more I play her. Chris, Steven, and Doug all "feel" American to me while thus far, Nova and Antonia both definitely have Zentraedi traits.

That's one thing I really enjoy about roleplaying; learning about our characters (these... "people" we make) is something I often find intriguing! =)

Normally I would have had Purr Purr roll for Kitty, but I know you don't like the dice bot here. You are making progress, but didn't roll quite low enough to get any data yet.

Incoming ADHD-fueled rant! Duck and cover everyone! =)

/rant on

Psychie Psychie Uh, I wholly dislike RP Nation's dice box (Xenforo's really). If I had a real d20 that rolled the way that program has for all of the years I've seen it in use, I'd throw it into the trash. Just in the two games I run here on RP Nation, we've - to a Player - tossed that damned thing out for the number of times it has ganked us. When even folks like dear Kaerri and Cap'n (both Admin!) tell me they'd rather use my physical dice, well, that's all the convincing I need to roll for them.

Besides, in these games of chance, the "old timer" traditionalist in me trusts polyhedrons when Fate is doing its thing. There is something solid and real about dice that I've always loved.

As in our games with Sherwood, I would rather not make rolls of any kind here and I appreciate your continued rolling of mine. I have long years in both video games and tabletop play; I'd much rather, say, lose a character to the rolls of real dice as thrown by a real person (my trusted Game Masters!) than a freaking algorithm with a long history of consistently screwing people so badly even some of our longest-serving members of RP Nation's staff won't touch it if given the choice. I also must add that I would have an equal problem if the thing rolled high all of the time.

/rant off

Thanks, everyone! Venting is healthy! =)

Wheee!
Dog Wind GIF

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Colonel Chris Barns lets out a deep sigh as he could not find anything wrong which made the man more suspicious. *They might have used a computer bug then a listening device. God Damit, it seems that these days its all computers* He sighs as the days exhaustion is starting to to get to him and takes up Nova's offer of hitting the hay. "I agree. We done as much as we could today. Let go and get some shut eye then we can check the system with a fresh set of eyes." He said tiredly as the Corporal nods and leaves to her bunk.

The Colonel looks back a the main com's tower with narrowed eyes before heading back to the barracks. He learned to never leave all his personal equipment behind even if they were in base. Enemies like the Malcontent always attack at dawn and he had to be ready for battle at all times. He really hoped that the spartas tank lives up to its rep or else they are toast. Barnes keeps thinking back to his days at the RDF and the many people he meet and lost. Barnes goes into deep slumber with his pistol under his pillow, ready to be used should an attack happen. Before sleep could claim him an image of a zentraeidi family watching him in fear appears briefly before it diapers.
GunMan2 GunMan2 , did you get a promotion and not tell us? I thought we were all corporals! lol!

Yeah, sorry . I think i was either miss reading or forgot its was corporal. not looking to get promoted too soon.

Edit: Ok, read through the skills and i am thinking of taking up hacking, robot mechanic or intelligence.

Last edited:
Shoot. I didn't get my post in on time. Darned brain fog. Sorry about that! Game on!

Ah, sure!

I will try to get a post up later today or tomorrow at the latest. Sorry about delays! Real Life. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back