• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Riverbrook Academy For Talented Juveniles

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Gabe
Gabe grinned and sat down on the bed next to Thorn, although he wasn't invited to. "Thorn, nice name," he remarked. He glanced around the room. There were two beds other than the one they were sitting on. He thought it was two people to a room, he'd have to see what his room was a three person room too. It surprised him that Thorn wasn't irritated with him yet, usually people were. "I can't say I usually do, but I can't say it's something I wouldn't do if I got the chance more often, especially if they looked like you" he shrugged.

rennuelaw rennuelaw

Thorn

Thorn raised an eyebrow when Gabe sat down next to him but he wasn't all that surprised, the man didn't seem all that concerned about personal space. That man's confidence came off as cockiness to him and Thorn fucking around with people who were too cocky. Deciding to amuse himself, he turned his body to face the other male a bit more. "Oh, you think so? Thank you." He said chuckling lightly. "Oh I see, you really are a brave one aren't you." He hummed, leaning forward and resting a hand on Gabe's thigh. "I like that." He said, chuckling as he looked up at the other male with a pretty smile, trying to keep his mischievous intentions hidden.
Lizy Lizy

Gabe
Gabe smirked a bit. He wasn't sure if Thorn was just playing but he wasn't one to care. Even if he got slapped across the face next he wouldn't really care. That was just his nature, he never thought anything was too important. "I have to say, I'm a bit surprised. Most people would just give me the finger," he chuckled and leaned in a bit. He was used to people being annoyed by him and calling him an ass. This interaction was a pleasant start to his new life at this school. He glanced up at the time. It was getting near curfew, he could stay a few minutes longer and play around but he decided it would be better to walk off and leave Thorn curious about him. "I better get going," he smirked and pulled back, "Your roommate should be back soon and we wouldn't want him to eat me alive now, would we?"

rennuelaw rennuelaw

june malik

June's heart swelled as he caught her whisper, all too pleased that the person he was rooming with was so in tune with her feelings. While he didn't mind helping others get to the point of being able to cope with all the dark parts of their lives, there was something refreshing about being able to have an honest conversation with someone who wasn't forcing themselves out of their comfort zone. While he had a tendency to only see the good in people, Harper seemed truly genuine, and he appreciated that.

"Hey!" he gasped in shock, clutching his heart in mock hurt. "I may have the spirit of an old man, but I also have the body of a Greek god, excuse you." June broke into a toothy smile and jokingly flexed his biceps as he led them out of the planetarium, switching off the projector on the way. The lamplight light of the hallway bombarded his eyes as the door swung open, causing him to wince a little.

"So, on the topic of getting to know each other," he began again, shoving his hands back in his pockets. "What series of events led you to end up here? If you don't mind telling me, that is." So far, only one person June had met so far had killed anyone, but even that was in self defense. He didn't know how he'd react to any of his peers being actual murderers, if he'd judge them and steer clear or if he'd try to understand their motives, but he didn't particularly get that vibe from Harper, anyways.
Interactions: Alvaris Alvaris

Vito Basso.jpg
Desmond
Interaction(s): Lizy Lizy

Desmond followed in after her. The familiar smell of chlorine hit his nose and it brought him back to his childhood. He'd spend so many hours swimming, even if he was all alone, he just wanted to be in the water. His brother would force him or or have to go in and get him; he was such a bad kid and he'd like to think he'd grown out of his defiant ways, but he knew he hadn't. He was just as stubborn now as he was then. Desmond's eyes widened when she agreed. He figured he'd have to work a lot harder to get a 'yes' out of her. He smiled at the small victory. "Sounds perfect," he said and he was looking forward to it.

He nodded, he hadn't realized there was a curfew, but with the amount of teens milling about, he wasn't surprised. They'd have to contain them somehow. Desmond walked over and sat beside her before he removed his shoes, socks, and rolled up his pants before hanging his feet over. "It'll be interesting tomorrow." He looked over at the pretty brunette. "Meeting everyone else. Aside from your moody roommate, I haven't met anyone." He shrugged. He didn't even know who his roommate was.

Grace Grundy.jpg
Harper
Interaction(s): sox sox

Harper laughed before taking a step back to check him out. She scoffed and said, "My muscles are way bigger." She flexed before shrugging with a grin as she walked out with him. Of course they weren't, dang he was fit and fine. When they stepped out of the darkness she blinked a few times until her eyes adjusted to the bright lights. She was looking forward to visiting this room again and she hoped it wouldn't be packed in the future. She wanted to keep those stars all to herself; it gave her a way to hold onto her grandmother's memory, which were some of the best parts of her life.

Crap. His question made her heart race a bit. Should she confess now? Maybe she could play dumb and avoid this topic altogether? When had her guilty conscious been so strong? "When you say 'serious of events,' do you mean like life? What crap storm hit and made you this person?" She spoke without a hint of sarcasm before glancing over at him. She supposed now was as good as any to confess her untruths about earlier.

But she didn't want him to know she'd lied to him already. He seemed understanding, but the trust she felt starting between them wasn't something she wanted to sacrifice. Her mother's words echoed in her head. She'd constantly told her that lies destroy faster than fire. "I should confess..." she trailed off wanting to tuck her tail between her legs and dash away. "I didn't actually stab anyone." She glanced ahead, not wanting to meet his gaze. "I-I stole and was caught. It's something I do." She fiddled with the hem of her shirt. She could try to win his side and say she steals to help support her mother, which was true, but it had spiraled beyond that too. "I mean, the old man was actually there-if he hadn't hit on me I would have gotten away."

She hoped that their friendship wouldn't crumble before her eyes. The last thing she wanted was to cry. "I'm sorry I lied." She slowly looked up at him, not sure how he'd react.​

june malik

At Harper's confession, June slowed his pace to fully take in her expression. It came out of nowhere and definitely caught him off guard, but he was never one to hold a grudge. More than anything, his attention honed in the fact that she owned up to her own lie even though he hadn't been suspicious in the least. 'There's no such thing as a perfect human. I have my faults, too.' In fact, he didn't think he could admit them as easily as she had.

June blinked a couple times as he absorbed the new information before reaching out and ruffling her hair dismissively. "I forgive you, love," he said, tone steady and calm while his Canadian accent mildly slipped through. "We all slip up, I get it. Thanks for apologizing. From here on out, though, please be honest with me if you can, yeah? I haven't done anything to earn your trust, but I'll always hear you out. That's not the worst crime I've heard today." He didn't enjoy being lied to, but he most definitely didn't blame her. Who would divulge all their biggest secrets to a bunch of volatile teenage criminals at a prison school?

Ever the empathetic soul, June's heart suddenly ached at the thought that she could be feeling insecure, with her quiet voice and wide eyes. He, himself, was no saint, as Harper would learn over time. "You know, I'm actually a huge pothead," he admitted, running his hand through his hair before slipping his hood over it. His expression turned darker, eyes clouded by memories of drug abuse. "Completely addicted. I take my dab pen with me everywhere. Even snuck it into this school." To prove his point, he revealed the device hiding in his hoodie pocket before quickly concealing it again. "I didn't used to smoke that much, but things got harder as I grew up and I started depending on it just to function. That's where addiction will really get you, eh? At rock bottom, right when you think you can't go any lower."

June chanced a look in Harper's direction, knowing full well how weed oftentimes put people off. Everyone had called him a disappointment back home, a hidden gem who was wasting his potential on mind-altering substances. Even when it became legalized, the stigma never faded from his life. He would forever be just another junkie in their eyes. The boy had trained himself not to let it get to him as much as it once had, but there were still times where he slipped, where he acknowledged it as holding a bit of truth and feeling himself crumble little by little until he turned to the only thing that could make him feel whole again.

He didn't want Harper to see that side of him, especially since he could definitely see himself feeling some type of way towards her in the future, but this was where trust started. He would do this the proper way.

Last edited:

Tori
Tori nodded and looked up at Desmond. "I haven't even spent a whole day here and it's been all kinds of crazy. I can't even imagine what a whole day will bring," she laughed, "I'm sure you'll do fine with people." It was true, she was pretty sure everyone she'd met today, with the exception of Devon, seemed like they were fine with people. Much less brooding then she'd expect a school of teenage criminals to be. Desmond was nice enough and he was attractive, she wasn't even going to ignore or deny that anymore, which would be an aiding factor in people liking him. Who was she kidding? He was a straight up hottie. He'd have people, especially girls, falling over him. "And you know what, if everyone else does completely hate you, I'll still like you," she joked and playfully nudged him. She highly doubted that people would hate him though.

She was more concerned for her own social standing. She'd met some nice people tonight but would they really stick with her once they got to know and like other people more? She didn't doubt that they'd make friends, they were all very social, and she didn't dislike that idea, but she couldn't be sure that they wouldn't just completely leave her alone. She'd just have to see how that would turn out. She let out a small yawn. "It's getting late, we should head up."

Alvaris Alvaris

tumblr_p4y8g46BHt1sah5a9o9_500.jpg
Desmond

Desmond looked over at her and let out a deep breath. "Right." He chuckled. "I guess I just assumed since everyone seemed to arrive before I did." His brown eyes looked around the room. He was looking forward to swimming tomorrow, with Tori. He glanced at her again, the more time he spent with her the prettier she seemed to get. "Eh-people aren't really my thing." He shrugged his broad shoulders. A deep laugh sounded from the boy before he spoke, "You know, that's actually comforting." His attention was entirely focused on Tori. She was definitely his kind of thing.

"If we end up hating everyone else, at least we'll still have each other, right?" He wasn't sure what tomorrow would bring and he wasn't nervous, especially now that he'd made a friend; someone that knew the reason why he came. "Yeah." He nodded pulling his feet out of the water. After a moment he pulled on his socks - with a little struggle - before he slipped his shoes on. "Sounds good." He stood and stretched before moving toward the door. "Gotta be prepared for all the hell we'll start tomorrow." He laughed lightly.

35405019_634293403591999_297830869303820288_n.jpg

Harper

His blank expression made her heart race a bit. If he ended up hating her, she was pretty sure it wasn't too late to switch room. Not that she wanted him to change. Of course she didn't, he was one extremely kind and tolerable man, but she'd respect whatever he wanted. When he lifted his hand and messed up her hair she smiled before making sure her bandana stayed in place. "Yeah. I'm working on it," she said, her voice high as she spoke. His words piqued her curiosity, what was the worst he'd heard today? Hers was probably mild compared to some others. Maybe she'd ask him later, but right now she knew it wasn't the best time, even if she wanted to avoid the depth of this conversation. Harper wasn't always the best at managing serious conversations, but she saw their significance.

She suddenly felt a new burst of determination, she couldn't ruin the friendship she'd started with him. He was the first person she'd met, but she'd liked his relaxing and calming aura. "I promise I'll work hard." Her eyes gazed ahead of her and she recognized where she was, they were getting closer to their room. "Bad habits take time to break, so please be patient with me," she spoke quietly. She knew how grueling it was to change. When she was younger she'd broken the habit, but that was when she was like, ten, but it didn't stay that way for long. As a teen her lies returned and she rolled over and let them.

The switch in his mood took her by surprise, but she completely understood. When he pulled the hood over his head, it told her everything she needed to know; the gravity of this conversation weighed on him too. Everyone had their own outlet, hers was lying and stealing. Her eyes rested on the pen before he slid it back into his pocket. At his last sentence she rested her hand on his arm. "Yeah, I get it. We all have our outlets." June looked over at her and she gave him a small smile. She'd never dabbled in it, but that didn't mean temptation wasn't there whenever her friends brought it around. "I'm looking forward to spending this adventure with you," she said before letting her hand drop at her side. "Once you hit rock bottom, there's only one way left to go." Her smile widened as she pointed up to the ceiling.​

june malik

As they approached the residential wing of the building, the hand on his arm was comforting in ways that words could never be. Through that touch, June felt the understanding and acceptance few people had shown him thus far. Even at this school of supposed criminals, the only reactions he'd received showed uncomfortable dismissal at best. At times like this, he had always craved physical affection more than verbal. Something about Harper told him she'd be pretty okay with that.

Her promise to work hard felt genuine, even though she had just admitted to being a pathological liar. She was still conscious of her actions and their consequences, and June had faith that she'd accomplish whatever she set her mind to. Himself, on the other hand... he wasn't so sure about. He had attempted to break his habit several times in the past. After his stunt in court which ultimately led to his enrollment, he had quit cold turkey for two months, and while the sober period had definitely felt like progress to everyone around him, the withdrawal and mental strain became too much for June to handle by himself leading him to finally snap. Perhaps he'd try again here, perhaps he wouldn't. He really couldn't tell how things would go this early on, but he was willing to adapt.

"You're damn right," June agreed, forcing a grin onto his face that didn't quite reach his eyes. "We fall and then we pick ourselves up. Always." His gaze dropped to the floor as his voice took on a softer tone, finding it difficult to accurately express his feelings. He tended to bottle his own emotions up, despite being a rock for others, so this was a new experience for him. "Thanks for being so open-minded. I'm glad I met you."

Tori
"People aren't my thing either," she smiled. It was nice to know there was someone here that got not being a people person. Sure everyone she'd met so far was nice but they seemed to be pretty extroverted and the people who weren't like that, such as her roommate, seemed to be an extreme of anti social. She was glad she could count on spending some more time with Desmond. She enjoyed his company, which was more than she could say for most people she'd ever met. "Definitely," she grinned at the dark haired boy. She took her feet out of the pool and slid her shoes on. "I wonder what the classes will be like," she said as she stood up. They sounded like they would implement a pretty interesting style of teaching with different classes being in the same room for some of the classes.

She hoped that the classes would provide somewhat of a challenge since she got bored easily. She was also questioning her being put in a Spanish class, since she was a native speaker. The thought of that actually amused her. "I sure can't wait to be taught Spanish by some gringo," she laughed. He might not get what she was saying, but she amused herself. Her freshman year of high school she was put in a Spanish class and the teacher was some white guy who was definitely not fluent. It was pretty funny actually. She wondered if she'd be getting the same experience this year. Still, the classes didn't worry her much. She liked keeping herself busy with work, it kept her mind from wandering too far. It was the people she was most worried about.

Alvaris Alvaris

c7575720b7e46605753b3b908311484b.jpg
Desmond
Mention(s): sox sox

When he'd first met her and gotten that cold stare and curt response, he figured she wasn't much of a people person, like him. But he definitely didn't hit the extreme unkind attitude that her roommate possessed. Sure he'd been rude before and had moments like Devon, but never to that extreme. At least, for now, he could count on her. "We won't have much longer to wait before we find out," he said with a sigh. He still had mixed feeling about this whole 'school for juveniles'. It seemed so absurd at first that he thought his brother was joking with him.

Desmond laughed at her comment. "I may not know much Spanish, but I did understand that." He looked over at her. Spanish was a language he wished her learned, but he chose another because it 'looked cool' and the girl he was dating at the time was obsessed with American Sign Language. Sure he wasn't fluent, but he knew enough to have a conversation. Albeit a slow one, but a conversation nonetheless. As they moved away from the pool and toward the dorms he felt exhaustion creeping up his body. A yawn rose through him and he was glad they were heading back.

Cu52NjOXEAEVdyQ.jpg
Harper

Harper watched the boy in front of her. He seemed like the guy that always wore a brave face and helped others to his own detriment, but that was her initial assumption. The fact was she knew very little about him, but she liked his charisma. When his gaze fell her heart nearly grieved for him and, yet she felt protective. It was obvious that this secret wasn't easy for him to share and it seemed as though not everyone took it well. It had surprised her, but how could she judge him? Her own faults were glaring and no worse than his.

She smiled at his kind words. "It'll be grand," she said. "June and Harper, kicking butt and kicking back." She chuckled softly before her tone changed. "I have an ear and shoulder all reserved for you, anytime you need it." And she meant it. She'd always been a pretty good listener, as well as talker, and she was good at navigating both. Plus, June was moving toward a special spot in her heart, which kind of scared her. She wasn't skilled at letting people in, but somehow this boy had managed to inspire her to try and she really didn't want to end up like her father. She wanted him to be a better man, but here she was, in the place before jail. The next stop would be prison, if she didn't change and things always got worse before they got better. Maybe this place would be good for her, but she knew she was going to hate it too. Changing always hurt in ways that no one expected. Her lies had become her safety net, just like her bandanas, and her stealing gave her a false sense of power; like she could rise above those who looked down on her because she could simply 'take' whatever she wanted. Harper had convinced herself stealing and selling those goods were only to make extra cash for her mother, but she knew that wasn't the whole truth.

"I don't remember when you said curfew was, but I think we're going to be late," Harper said. Hopefully the school would be a little lax on their first day, and Harper would definitely use the reason and excuse that she showed up late. Though she hadn't seen many workers, she imagined this place was pretty strict. In fact, she'd forgotten to look for cameras, which was usually her first instinct. It was one of the most important rules for stealing - always know where the eyes were. Everything here had thrown her off guard. She wasn't used to being away from home and she'd never had to 'move' somewhere new without having her mum with her. It would be weird, she'd always just done life with her mother and now she'd be doing it with someone else, but the thought of sharing it with June didn't seem so bad. He'd already proven to be a decent guy, kind, understanding, and something else that she couldn't quite put her finger on, but whatever it was, was good.​

june2.jpg
june malik

"Oh, fuck." June's head snapped up as he looked around, remembering that they didn't have time to saunter around the halls aimlessly. A quick glance at his watch told him they only had a couple of minutes left. "It's at 10, and that's right about now, so let's power walk, yeah?" he suggested with a grin. Though their conversation had been far more personal than he had expected a first meeting to be, it had left a warm feeling in his chest that gave rise to the ideation of building a functioning life here. Even if everyone else went against him, his roommate wouldn't be judgmental of his faults.

An amused glint crossed his pupils as June turned to look at Harper again. "I don't know if you heard, since you missed orientation, but apparently there's only one schedule that we all follow for classes. Like, we're all learning in the same room, no matter what we're individually learning. Isn't that totally wild? I'm placing my bets now, it's gonna be a whole gong show." From what he had read in the handbook, it seemed like he'd get the opportunity to meet all of his peers tomorrow, since he had only seen the handful that cared to be social during orientation. There were a couple who hadn't spoken a word, like one boy who had hidden his face throughout the entire morning, and he was sure Harper wasn't the only late arrival.

"Is this a common thing, though? I was a total fuck back in my high school and didn't appreciate what I had, but from what I've heard about your schools here, the Canadian education system is really different from America's," June admitted. "No shade to your country or anything, seriously, but they actually set students up for success and pay teachers reasonable wages in Mississauga. I found that that's not the case here, eh?" He chuckled again and shook his head in amazement. "For my first American school experience, this should be interesting."

As they approached the room, June's ears picked up on the soft tune of a guitar coming from behind their door. 'Ah, our third roommate joins us at last,' he noted, mentally praying that they weren't completely off the walls. He didn't think he could handle that type of energy at all times of the day.

f2cf0cba3c2bf21727f3067d57924103.png
Harper

Harper chuckled and nodded before she quickened her pace. "First day and we're already breaking the rules," she said casting a glance in his direction. His strides far out weighed hers and she felt like she was jogging to keep up with him. She figured he wasn't the kind of guy to ditch her if they got caught, not that she'd blame him. At least she would have an excuse and they'd know she was telling the truth about being late. The truth. Sometimes it felt so foreign to her. Most people she knew decided never to believe a word that came out of her mouth, but she knew that was her own fault and something she'd have to work to fix...or maybe she'd just move somewhere no one knew her.

Harper furrowed her brow. "That's...different." Maybe that's what functioned best for the school. "It'll definitely be interesting." That much she could tell. "I'm not sure what gong show means, but I feel like I'm in agreement," she said with a laugh as they neared their room. So he was from Canada, wow, so much made sense. That explained why he was so nice and relaxing to be with. Canadians always had the rep for being the nice guys and from what she could tell, it was true. Harper shook her head. "Most school systems separate them by subjects. I guess. Sometimes thing get a little crazy here." She shrugged. "There's really no standardization." Which was the problem. Her mother moved when she was in high school and had to retake the same class she had before she moved school.

When her mother first told her about this place she figured they'd separate them from crime, nah, that's just how she imagined it. "I'm surprised they're not as strict about that." She envisioned this place would be nothing like regular school, but it was just a school after all. "The school system here in America is janky. It sets us all up for failure." She laughed, but it wasn't really funny. She doubted this place would be much different, but a small part of her hoped for something more than what she'd already experienced. When music reached her ears, her interest was piqued. "I didn't realize we had a third person joining us," she said softly. "Hopefully they're not a real psycho." She hoped whoever it was would mix well.​

june malik

June nodded in understanding as Harper explained. While he had spent several years in and out of America for various reasons, he discovered new information every time and was never really sure about what he did know. Certain parts of the system were a blur to him, but with the way everyone seemed to complain about it online, he didn't have high hopes. "Let's hope this place turns out to be legit. From the name, they really don't indicate that it's a prison, not just a school for gifted kids." When June first heard that he'd be attending the Riverbrook Academy for Talented Juveniles, confusion was his first response. What sort of punishment was private school? Upon further research, however, the graveness of the matter dawned on him and he found himself dreading the coming of his senior year.

"For real," June hummed in agreement before knocking twice on the door out of courtesy. After waiting no more than two seconds for a response, he pushed it open and entered their shared dorm, making sure to hold it for Harper. Upon scanning the room, his eyes fell upon a petite girl with short, dyed teal hair and a guitar in her lap. "Hey, roommate," he greeted, giving a two finger wave. "I'm June. We were out exploring, so sorry no one was here to welcome you." With a fatigued sigh, he jumped into his bed and stretched out, gangly limbs covering the entire length. "You're really good at that," he commented, lazily motioning towards the guitar in her grip before letting his hand dangle off the mattress.
Interactions: Alvaris Alvaris turtlepancakes turtlepancakes
dev53.jpg
devon lee

When his eyes began to fall shut on their own, Devon decided it was time to head back to the room and crash for the night. His phone clock told him he had a couple minutes before curfew, and if he walked fast, he'd be able to make it back on time. While this was meant to be a school for the criminal kids it was housing, it was more of a prison at heart and he doubted they would only be dealing out detentions as punishment for infractions. From his last few clashes with the law, he knew that there was no telling what their enforcement officers would do behind closed doors, especially to a bunch of minors (himself excluded) in the middle of nowhere.

Not that he was particularly worried about facing physical harm. Although the crime that had landed him in this shithole had ultimately been to protect his sister, it wasn't the first life lost at his hands. Before the current wave of gentrification had hit Cincinnati, he had spent countless hours in questionable places with even more questionable people, conducting business that he would never admit to anyone. While he would never consider himself to be an assassin, he took comfort in the fact that he could kill a man at the drop of a hat if need be.

With this in mind, Devon decided that he didn't give a damn about the curfew. He'd walk however slow he wanted.

Smothering a grimace at the echoing 'pop' of his bones through the air, Devon rose from the creaky wooden bench and exited the courtyard, mentally mourning the crisp freshness of the outdoors. The suffocating mustiness of the building gave him nothing to look forward to as he made the trek back to his room, counting the turns he had taken to get there in the first place so he wouldn't get lost. There were a couple of security guards roaming the halls in search of stragglers, but he deftly avoided their gazes and kept his figure in the shadows.

When he finally reached the dorm and pushed the door open, the scowl on his face deepened as he took in the sight of the blonde intruder still occupying their space. Trudging past him and his flamboyant roommate to his bed while slipping off his shirt, Devon climbed under the covers and deadpanned, "Out, colonizer." As a swimmer, he had no problem with nudity in general, but especially in his own room, he really couldn't care less if the dude was uncomfortable with exposed skin. He'd get naked if he wanted to, company be damned.
Interactions: Lizy Lizy rennuelaw rennuelaw

591443Spencer Jennings

Spencer hadn't noticed the knocks at the door; she was in her own world again. The type of daydream world where no one can snap you out of unless they smack you with a flyswatter (thanks, Granny) or some weird noise disturbs you. The opening of the door didn't startle her at first, at least until she saw two people in the corner of her eye. She stopped playing her guitar all of a sudden, just as the guy introduced himself. "Oh, shi-" she caught herself and turned the curse into a cough. Spence cleared her throat. "Uh, Spencer... and thanks. I'm just gonna get ready for bed; I'm wiped out. Go ahead and ignore me."

June was different than Devon, the only comparison she could make since she only had met one other guy that night. He didn't seem like a loner and he wasn't intimidating for sure. Maybe some kids are here for smaller things... Spencer thought. She slipped off the bed and put her guitar back in its case. After pushing her backpack and guitar case under the bed, she opened the suitcase her grandmother had given her and pulled out a large t-shirt and old shorts. She changed quietly, her back to the others in the room, before slipping under the covers.

Interactions: sox sox

Tori
Tori followed Desmond out of the pool area and down the hall. Despite getting along with the guy and enjoying his company, she was glad to be heading back to her room. She started to realize just how exhausted she was. She grinned at Desmond following his comment. "Do you really, white boy?" she laughed teasingly. She felt the push to keep her warm energy up with her tiredness. Talking to all these people was really taking it out of her. To most people, the amount she was socializing would probably be minimal, but to her, it felt as if she'd talked to a dozen people and her battery was drained. She opened the door to the stairwell and started up the stairs, walking a bit quickly since curfew was approaching.

"You looking forward to any classes in particular?" she asked, "I mean, you're probably glad that there'll be a music class." She remembered that detail from the schedule that was given to her. She wondered what would happen in that class, since people would all be at different levels. She herself was looking forward to science and math, the things she was good at.

Alvaris Alvaris

Gabe
Gabe glanced over as the door opened and angry guy came back in. "Alright, alright," he said as he put his hands up. As much as he liked to test people, he knew his limits and this guy looked very angry. He didn't feel like getting beaten to a pulp tonight. "I'll see you later," he winked at Thorn and backed out of the room, shutting the door behind him. He wanted to play around with him a bit more, but he'd have plenty of time another day. For now, he decided to wander back to his room. He walked down the hallway and went into the room. His roommate wasn't there, but appeared to have been in at some point. Gabe was a bit surprised but just sat down on what seemed to be his bed and leaned back, spacing out a bit. It was going to be a long year at this school.

sox sox rennuelaw rennuelaw

758e1650e470f96e39924fe7b80fde4d.jpg
Desmond

Desmond chuckled as he looked over at her. "This 'white boy' has many tricks up his sleeve." He grinned widely at the pretty brunette. "I wouldn't underestimate me yet." He wiggled his brow as he followed her up the stairwell. "Yeah, music is great. It's school though." He shrugged. School wasn't particularly difficult for him and most classes were a breeze. "I wish they had some sort of shop class. For mechanics." Now that was a class he could get behind.

"What about you?" He asked. "Aside from computers, what else do you like?" He'd divulged so much information today, at least that's how it felt. She'd reciprocated though. He rubbed the back of his neck as exhaustion started to set in. Today had been busy and that was before he'd arrived. He let out a deep sigh, trying to stifle another yawn. He felt like such a geezer being tired so early in the day. Normally he'd stay up past midnight.

20374235_482726638748677_5627113867869339995_n.jpg
Harper
Interaction(s): sox sox turtlepancakes turtlepancakes

Harper nodded. "I hope so." Having an outlet would do her some good, especially if she was acting going to give 'changing' a go. Maybe it was time to move on. She gently touched the bandana on her head and sighed. "I'm sure it'll be good for us," she said quietly, not sure how she truly felt about it yet. Only time would tell. Harper stepped inside the room and spotted their third companion. The girl was pale and her teal hair was wild. Harper liked it and it suited the girl. Her brown eyes rested on the guitar in her hand and she smiled. A fellow musician, maybe they'd get along just fine.

"I'm Harper," she said. Spencer, she'd have to remember that. "Nice guitar." She added before moving to her bed. Harper wanted to bombard her with question about her guitar, when she'd learned to play, if she sang, and so much more, but after her comment she decided against it. If the girl was anything like June, they'd all get along fine. She glanced at the girl snuggled in her bed. Even if she wasn't like June, Harper was confident they'd all get along. Harper laid back on her bed and stared at the ceiling. So far she'd met only a couple people, but none of them seemed that bad. Her roommates didn't seem like psychos. Well, at least not June, she wasn't sure about Spencer yet. She certainly didn't look like a psycho.

She yawned and felt mixed about classes tomorrow. She'd meet a lot more people and that was something she looked forward to. Her eyes grew heavy as she looked at the endless white. Today had been busy and emotional. Her mind drifted to her mother, she'd call her tomorrow night and tell her about her first day. But right now, all she wanted to do was sleep.​

Leonard

"I have been framed, officer." Leonard grabbed the officers shoulders. "Please don't subjugate me to this prison." He said dramatically, falling to his knees with fake tears.

"Stop with the crocodile tears," The officer pulled Leo to his feet. "And this isn't a prison. Privileged brats like you are getting second chance at life." The officer pushed Leonard through the doors of the school, guiding him to the dorms. "Make nice. The judge is being lenient so don't mess up or I'll be back."

"Shesh, you make me sound like I go around shanking people daily." Leonard laughed. "Don't worry, I'll be a good boy. The goodest of boys."

The officer sighed as he turned to walk away "Brat".

"Hey! Where am I supposed to sleep at!" Leonard yelled at the officer that was walking away, but he was ignored. "So much for getting me settled into school." He nudged his glasses then shrugged. "I guess I should just go annoy one these guys for help." Leonard mumbled to himself. He waltzed to the nearest door and knocked hard. " Excuse me, anyone home?"

Lizy Lizy [/U[/USER]
Lizy Lizy

june malik

June nodded and moved to change as well, trading out his jeans and hoodie in favor of some gray sweatpants and a crimson tank top. While he knew he wouldn't be able to fall asleep right away, the exhaustion was settling into his bones more and more with each step and he couldn't wait to settle underneath the covers at last. The shakiness in his limbs had returned, as well, and he hoped his new roommates would be understanding of the remedy. He could only go so long without the substance in his system before the symptoms of withdrawal manifested, including a vicious temperament that he'd rather not showcase to people he had just met.

The fatigued boy opened the window to the room, leaning against the bars as he took a long drag from his pen. He held this one in for longer than he had earlier in the day, knowing now that he didn't have to interact with any more people. "I'm really sorry if this makes you uncomfortable," he voiced his apology to both of his roommates, ducking his head solemnly. "I kind of need it to not go insane, but I can take it outside if it bothers either of you."
Interactions: Alvaris Alvaris turtlepancakes turtlepancakes

Tori
Tori laughed at Desmond's remark. "Trust me, I don't," she grinned up at the taller boy. She had the habit of overestimating people, to assume the worst of them and consider any skills that they might possibly have. It helped her defense, to always consider what a person might be capable of. She didn't assume the worst of Desmond, surprisingly, but she certainly took his skills into account. Especially considering his backstory, it seemed like he was capable of more than he let on. "Maybe the'll have some sort of mechanics club," she shrugged, "I think they said something about clubs and activities for special skills in the handbook." She'd only flipped through it, so she wasn't completely sure. Still, a school meant for talented teenagers must have a few special clubs.

Well I..." she trailed of for a second, thinking of a response. In all truth, she didn't do much else besides messing around with tech and trying not to feel sorry about herself. The two things went hand in hand. Tori was never one to go off and try new things, unless it was in relation to the things she was already good at. "Honestly, not much else," she bit her lip, "I like science and math, but mostly to keep myself busy." Why she liked to keep herself busy at all times, she preferred not to say at the moment. They reached the top stair and Tori opened the door to the hallway.

Alvaris Alvaris

Gabe
Gabe was starting to doze off when he heard a knock and a voice at his door. Maybe it was one of his roommates. It must be, who else would just barge into someone else's room this late? Oh right, he just did that a few minutes ago. Oh well. Most people wouldn't anyway. He walked over to the door and opened it to see a slightly frustrated looking boy. "Well, hello there," Gabe grinned, "I take it you're one of my roommates?" Was everyone here so attractive? The three people he'd met so far were at least. "Come on in" he opened the door wider, "I'm Gabe."

Kisaki Kisaki

591967Spencer Jennings

Spencer raised her head up slightly from the pillow and looked over at June. She could smell whatever he was holding, and it definitely wasn't alcohol. She sat up to see whatever it was. She thought it was a bottle when she was laying down, but now she could see it was a pen or something. "I mean, fuck, as long as you don't bring alcohol in here I don't care. Get as high as a kite, my dude. Better than feeling like shit."

She leaned on the back of her bedframe and looked at the window he was standing by. "How's the view? I hope there are actually some things out there." Spence absentmindedly shoved her hair onto the top of her head so she could see better. "I'd love to see a few trees, shrubs, flowers 'n such..."

june malik

A small, appreciative smile tugged at the corners of his lips. "Thanks," June murmured in response, blowing the puff of vapor with his words out the window. "There's no smoke, so you don't have to worry about your lungs or anything. And the smell goes away after a minute or two, I promise." If his voice sounded a little strained, he prayed they wouldn't pick up on it. There was nothing glamorous about addiction. It plagued every aspect of his life.

As Spencer shifted to join him in viewing the outdoors, he pocketed the pen again. "Lots and lots of fields," he replied with a humorless chuckle. "Cornfields, I think? I don't know. I'm an urban dweller." June shrugged and motioned towards the left end of the landscape, where the flat horizon gave way to a large, dark patch. "It looks like there might be some woods back there, though. Could be fun to explore some time, yeah?"
Interactions: turtlepancakes turtlepancakes

Leonard
"Hello stranger." Leonard akwardly waved his hand to greet the man who opened the door. He thought everyone had their own room but it sounds like he'll be sharing. He wasn't even sure who was his groupie since he didn't read the 'stupid' pamphlet.

"Yes, I am your roommate. A very late one. " Leonard walked into the room, studying the layout. He turned to Gabe, "My name is Leonard, but you can call me Leo, rawr." He said with a wide grin while using his hands to imitate lion paws.

"Just kidding," He laughed and leaned against the wall. "Sorry for knocking on the door so late. I've been dragged by some grumpy cop to this prison. Well, it's not so bad, but I rather be at home going to a regular public school even though they are really underfunded by the- God, I'm talking too much aren't I?" Leonard clasped a hand over his mouth. He took a deep breath and slowly removed his hand from his mouth. "So...What's up?"

Lizy Lizy

Last edited:
591999Spencer Jennings

"I'd choose a forest over cornfields any day. Cornfields are only useful for crop circles," she remarked sarcastically as she searched her suitcase. "The woods are mysterious; there's always some sort of secret or surprise. A hidden cave, an old cottage, an abandoned graveyard, hopefully not a dead body," she joked. "Hell, the possibilities are almost endless."

Spencer continued to rummage through her belongings until she pulled out a box full of various herbal teas. "Jackpot." She glanced back over at June. "I've got these to help stay awake in the morning. I can't stand caffeine anymore, not after finals in Junior year." She opened the box to release the sweet smells contained within. "If you guys want something in the morning, I've got it. But for now, I'm gonna go to bed." She closed the box and put it back in the suitcase. "You should get some sleep too, y'know. It's getting late," she said as she settled back under the covers.

[div class=container][div class=image] [div class=title]Anabelle Crane [div class=line][/div] [div class=lil]The Mute[/div][/div] [div class=b][div class=lilimage][/div][/div][/div] [div class=info] [div class=post][div class=scroll] It had been an insanely long day for Ana. It was a last minute decision to take her to this juvenile detention center. Originally, they were looking for foster homes for her, but the system was already overloaded and people were less than excited to even talk about taking in someone like her. Troubled, abused, untrusting. There were a lot of things wrong with her and she wouldn’t address half of them.

So, halfway through the day an agent had come to her, telling her to pack up her stuff and get ready to go. Not that it took very long. She didn’t have much to her name. She had gotten a little bit of money out of her father, but most of it was stashed away until she turned 18. It was enough money to get her some new clothes as well as some books and art supplies. As a... gift. Some officers had even sprung for a camera. She was grateful to an extent, but she hated getting gifts. She knew they had an alternative motive behind it.

So, for most of the day, she had spent getting ready for this new school. She hadn’t even been fully registered until she got to the actual school. So, she sat alone in the office while someone filled out paperwork, drawing random things and even working on some portrait pieces of some of the students she had seen walk by. It took an agonizingly long time for everything to get finished. Why? She wasn’t sure, but there had been a lot of arguing and a lot of people going in and out of the main office.

By the time everything had gotten sorted, night had fallen and there was nothing else to do except eat a light meal and go to bed. So, she was escorted to the cafeteria where they gave her leftovers. They were disgusting at best and she ended up eating very little. The only reason she ate anything was to appease her escort. As soon as she was finished, she was taken upstairs to the dorms.

The lady walking her up talked about things, but Ana didn’t really pay attention. Something about the classes, about the rules, about her living situation, but it was really no matter to her. They wound through the halls and up a flight of stairs where they came across a couple just as they were going up to the second story.

“Ahh. Tori, Desmond. I’m glad I was able to catch some of the students before lights out. You’ll be having a new classmate. She’s just arrived.” The principal called out to the two as she reached the top of the stairs. She stepped to the side and held her arm out, ushering Ana to move forward. Though, she really didn’t. She moved up enough to be out from behind the principal, but that was pretty much it.

“This is Anabelle. She’ll be joining you guys as of tomorrow.” Ana lifted a hand in greeting, but stayed silent. The Principal had failed to state that she didn’t speak, not to anyone. So, if they were waiting on some kind of response, it wasn’t going to come.
[/div][/div] [div class=pos][div class="round1 round"][/div] . [div class="round2 round"][/div] . [div class="round3 round"][/div] [div class=stats]Indifferent| N/A |
On the way to her dorm | Interactions: Lizy Lizy Alvaris Alvaris [/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=c]@undine[/div] [class=container]height: 340px; width: 500px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; background: #040869 [/class] [class=image]height: 100%; width: 180px; background-image: url(https://puzzups.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/1118full-emily-rudd-1022x475.jpg); background-size: 200%; background-position: 55% 30%; background-repeat:no-repeat; [/class] [class=title]position: relative; top: 15px; left: 190px; width: 230px; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; color: #bc4060 [/class] [class=line]height: 1px; width: 100%; background: #42c0ff [/class] [class=lil]position: relative; width: 96%; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 10px; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #202020; [/class] [class=b]position: relative; left: 420px; top: -45px; height: 65px; width: 65px; padding: 5px; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; border: 1px solid #42c0ff [/class] [class=lilimage]height: 100%; width: 100%; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; background-image: url(https://media.giphy.com/media/11F2sZDFVC9rR6/giphy.gif); background-size: 200%; background-position: 60% 55% [/class] [class=info]position: relative; left: 190px; top: -245px; height: 245px; width: 310px [/class] [class=post]height: 200px; width: 103%; font-size: 16px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; text-align: justify; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=pos]position: relative; top: 15px; height: 35px; width: 305px; text-align: center; color: transparent; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=round]position: relative; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #56a4d1; transition: 0.7s; [/class] [class=round2]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #baedff [/class] [class=round3]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #ffffff [/class] [class=bla]background: #003fa0 [/class] [class=ble]background: #414e73 [/class] [class=blo]background: #3a3dad [/class] [class=stats]position: relative; top: 10px; width: 100%; margin: auto;font-weight: 800; font-size: 10px; color: white [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 28px [/class] [script class=post on=mouseenter] addClass bla round1 addClass ble round2 addClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=post on=mouseleave] removeClass bla round1 removeClass ble round2 removeClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseenter] addClass up round addClass up stats removeClass down round removeClass down2 stats [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseleave] addClass down round addClass down2 stats addClass up round addClass up stats [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]top: 0px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: -30px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 0px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down2] animation-name: {post_id}down2; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down2] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 10px[/keyframe] [/animation]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back