• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Riverbrook Academy For Talented Juveniles

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Tori
"That sounds just fantastic," Tori said sarcastically, but her voice was playful which wasn't a usual thing. Normally she'd dread the idea of someone approaching her to "bug" her or hang out, but she didn't mind the idea of it right now. She made up her mind that this place would be her clean slate. She'd give people somewhat of a chance and talk to them a bit, and even maybe become friends. That didn't mean that she would trust people right away all the time though, she would never do that. And if someone rubbed her the wrong way, there was no going back. But, overall, she liked this new idea.

She shrugged when he brought up swimming. It was kind of awkward, considering she'd never really swam before. She'd never learned how and as she got older she never got the chance. She hadn't ever given it much thought though. I don't know," she said, "I've never really been swimming before."

Alvaris Alvaris

Last edited:
june malik

"I think so, too," June agreed, stretching his lanky limbs and leaning back against the wall. Even though it wasn't too late yet, the exhaustion from the day was beginning to settle in his bones, a dull ache emanating from his back. At times like this, he felt like an old man despite his age, simply due to the fact that his body should not be cracking as much as it had been. He knew that a couple relatives of his had arthritis, but he concluded that his own bodily aches were probably caused by poor posture rather than genetics.

When Harper brought up the rumor she had heard, June raised an eyebrow. "Wow, I didn't hear about that. Hm. Guess I'll just have to one-up it." He grinned and leaned forward again, struggling to get comfortable on the rock hard mattress. For once, he wished he had listened to his mother and let her pack the foam topper she had tried to stuff into his suitcase at the last minute.
Interactions: Alvaris Alvaris tortellini tortellini
devon lee

Devon gasped as he came up for air, the bright lights above temporarily blinding him as he shook the water out of his goggles. The reticent boy had only swum around a hundred meters before he found himself tiring, and he blamed it on the fact that he hadn't touched the water in a solid month. With all the case proceedings and court hearings he had had to attend over the past few weeks, he hadn't found the time to unwind the way he normally would. Instead, he had taken to kickboxing in his home gym, letting the anger and frustration course through his muscles and out through his fists. The sport wasn't something he was phenomenal at, but he knew his maneuvers well enough to get the sweat fix he craved, and that was all he could ask for.

Now, however, as he floated on his back with nothing but the hum of the fluorescent lights above to keep him company, he found himself not needing that sort of release. Instead, he found comfort in the serenity of the water, keeping him grounded and calm in a situation that seemed utterly hopeless. There was absolutely nothing here for him, but that was the case in most places, anyways.

Devon stayed like that for a couple more minutes before hopping out of the pool to rinse off, patting himself dry with his fresh, white towel and not bothering to put a shirt on before sauntering back up to the residential wing in a pair of gray sweatpants. He didn't have the energy to do anything other than the bare minimum, and if he got yelled at, then so be it. 'I'll tell those fucks that I have shingles and they can suck it.' With a faint smirk at the thought, Devon turned the corner to the hallway where his beautiful, solitary bed was located. As he approached the dorms, however, he faltered, slowing his pace as his ears picked up on traces of conversation happening behind a couple of the doors. He didn't know why it struck a chord with him, hearing his peers already cozying up to one another on the first day, but he found himself unable to move from his position in the dead center of the hallway. Strands of wet hair covered his eyes as he tried to understand why he felt so burdened all of a sudden, nothing coming to mind except the idea that he really, truly would only ever have himself.

Last edited:

don’t act like you don’t miss me, lovely.

sox sox Alvaris Alvaris

01464094917321585879_1024 Copy.jpeg
Desmond
Interaction(s): Lizy Lizy

Desmond chuckled. "I knew you'd like it," his voice was light as he spoke. Desmond was forward, but not clingy; sometimes his ex girlfriends complained that he seemed too distant for their liking. He was an independent man and he didn't handle clingy woman well. He didn't get that vibe from Tori, but he didn't know her all that well yet. When she made a comment about swimming he was stunned. Who didn't know how to swim nowadays? The idea seemed absurd. Swimming was an essential part of life.

"I'll teach you," Desmond said with a smile. "It's important, safety first." He gave a short laugh before looking over at her. He wouldn't mind seeing her in a swim suit either. That would definitely be another perk to helping out, but his main goal was to get to know her. She was attractive, but he wanted more than that in a girl. He'd had plenty of pretty girlfriends, but he tired of them easily. Looks weren't everything.

cb4b6cf280f273960186841dba42d60f9575f122.jpg
Harper
Interaction(s): tortellini tortellini sox sox

Harper raised her brow at her comment. "Top it? I'm intrigued and totally in, if you need a partner in crime," she said with a soft chuckle. "I love pranks." Her brown eyed gaze rested on Kai as she spoke. "My mother insists on researching everything," she added before sitting on her bed. Her mother did do research on this place before Harper came, but she hadn't told her much about it. Harper didn't care, she was angry when her mother told her she was coming here. She refused to listen to anything her mother said.

Harper shrugged. "That's fine with me." She glanced over at the door. "Anyone of you familiar with the campus?" She wasn't sure whether or not she should go check out her classrooms before they started. Normally, she'd be a bit paranoid, but she didn't care as much. In middle school she was more nerdy, but she'd grown a lot since then. She was eager for her music classes though. Singing was her passion, that and stealing. The thrill the latter gave her was something she couldn't let go.​

Tori
Tori smiled at him when he offered to teach her. She was never really interested in learning how to swim, but it may be useful. Plus, it would be a reason to hang out more. It didn't sound like a bad deal. "Here we are," she said as she saw her room number on a door. She opened up the door and looked around. It looked like her roomate had come in before, but taken off. It wasn't a very big room, but it would do.

She opened up the small suitcase that she'd brought and looked through it. She opened up a drawer and put some of her clothes away until she'd found what she was looking for. She pulled out a large ziplock bag with a bunch of old, broken flip phones and other various small parts. There was a lot more in the bag than she remembered which made her wonder how whoever checked her bag didn't confiscate this. She set the bag on the table, along with some tweezers that were she'd packed. "So, you never told me how you ended up here," She said to Desmond as she searched through the bag of parts.

Alvaris Alvaris

Desmond

"I'll convince you yet," he said quietly as they stopped in front of her dorm room before heading inside. He stood by the entrance, normally he'd make himself comfortable, but she said they weren't going to be here long. He watched her as she pulled out a large bag full of cellphones and other electronic devices. Did she hoard phones? Right, she was the techie, he'd have to remind himself of that. Most of the techies he knew were men, scrawny and annoying punks. He'd never met one as good looking as her.

"You're not going to let that go until you know, are you?" He asked with a deep throated laugh. He knew she wouldn't and if the situation were reversed, he wouldn't give up either. Fairness wasn't something he was concerned with, but he didn't want his reason to become a big thing; Desmond hated those kinds of games. "It involves a bit of backstory and it ain't pretty." He ran his fingers through his hair. "Are you sure? It will probably change your opinion about me?" He was beginning to grow nervous now, which frustrated him. He cared about her opinion, whether or not he wanted to admit it.​

Tori
Tori picked out a phone that didn't look too bad and gave it a good look. This one seemed the least damaged, it would only take a few minutes if she could find the part she needed. She sat at the dest and began looking through the other phones to find it. "Nope, I will never let it go," she grinned, keeping up her conversation as she worked. She was quite the multitasker. She noticed that Desmond began to get a little nervous. "Go ahead and sit," she gestured to her bed next to the desk, "I highly doubt it'll change my opinion on you." She trusted her instinct, and it said that he was a good guy. Her instinct was almost always right. Even if he did some bad stuff, there were probably reasons for it.

Alvaris Alvaris

Desmond

He nodded as he moved over to her bed. Once he sat he looked over at her. What was she doing? He rubbed his hands together. "I'll start at the beginning, since it makes my decision seem less...horrible." He shrugged his broad shoulders. "I had a group of friends, I wouldn't quite call them a gang, but it was pretty close. Where I lived was their turf and the other district and mine got into many disagreements." The gravity of the disagreements shifted. It didn't usually get too dangerous. "We would get into fights, but they never ended with someone dying. I guess they had enough though." His eyes scanned the room. "The other group attacked ours with guns. They shot up the gas station we were in and they killed my friend's girl." They had to retaliate after that.

"Being the best shooter in the group, it was a no brainer that I was enlisted to help. We planned on attacking them, killing the man who killed Shonda." He stood and took a deep breath. She'd probably hate him now, but he was in too deep to turn back. "I didn't get the chance though. My brother discovered the plan, threatened to contact the police. Contacted the police and I was sent here. The end." He shrugged. "I had a short rap sheet that helped too." He grunted. If his brother hadn't stopped him he would have gone through with it and part of that scared him. He knew his brother made the right decision, but he wasn't grateful yet. The more Desmond hung out with them, the more he lost himself.​

Tori
"Damn," Tori paused her work for a minute to look at him. "That's pretty bad," she shrugged, being her usual honest self. Plotting to kill a man was pretty bad, but it didn't change her opinion on him. She realized that he was already nervous about what she'd think and leaving her statement as "that's pretty bad" wouldn't be great for him. She said it because it's what she thought, and no one got special treatment when it came to her thoughts and opinions. He still seemed like a good guy though. "But, it doesn't change my opinion on you," she said, "You seem like a fine guy." He was fine in more ways than one, she thought, but she didn't say that.

Alvaris Alvaris

june malik

A wicked grin lit up June's features. "Fuck, yeah. I'll make our gang a Facebook page later," he joked, shooting the two girls a corny thumbs up. He wasn't necessarily a vandal, but he had dabbled quite a bit earlier in high school when he knew he wasn't really hurting anyone. He thought back fondly of the time he and his friends covered the student parking with bird feed. By the time school started, there was so many pigeons it was mildly terrifying. Once the faculty had shooed all the pigeons away, the ungodly amount of bird feces painting the pavement made it impossible to park there. School had been cancelled that day.

When Harper mentioned the layout of their campus, June remembered the map he had examined in their pamphlets. "Oh, yeah. You weren't here for orientation, but they handed out handbooks with a map inside," he explained, hopping off the bed and grabbing the book from his desk to pass off to her. "I memorized it already if you two want a little tour later. There are a lot of unnamed rooms in this building that I'm curious about." The entire institution seemed like it was hiding something, in June's opinion, though he couldn't pinpoint what made him feel that way. Perhaps he'd find out with a little snooping.
devon lee

Devon shook his head, snapping himself out of the dark spiral his mind had plunged itself into. There wasn't anyone to bring him down in this shitbag school except himself, and he'd be damned if he let that happen on the first night. Plus, there was a pool here. So long as he could find a place to continue his Krav Maga training, he'd have everything he needed. Rubbing his hair dry with the towel around his neck, he walked the rest of the way down the hall to his room and opened the door.

"Oh." His relief at being back in his own room lasted less than a second as his eyes fell upon two familiar faces newly occupying the space. He assumed Attitude Girl was his roommate, since his assigned staff member had told him what the arrangements looked like earlier in the day. The guy, on the other hand, (whom he had dubbed "Chad's steroidal cousin") Devon wasn't sure about. There were only two beds, so unless he had the wrong room, he was pretty sure the dude didn't live there.

Regardless of their accommodations, the older boy sensed the heavy atmosphere in the room as soon as he entered. The two seemed deep in conversation, and he didn't really feel like hanging around if the two of them were sharing sob stories. "I'm just grabbing some stuff and heading back out," Devon lied, a slight scowl adorning his otherwise neutral expression. There was nowhere he had been planning on going, but he would figure something out. He dropped his swim bag and picked up a white t-shirt and hoodie to slip on over his bare torso. With the clothes items and his phone in hand, he was about to step back out into the hall but stopped at the last second as he realized he hadn't introduced himself to his roommate. "I'm Devon, by the way. Didn't mean to interrupt."
Interactions: Alvaris Alvaris Lizy Lizy

Tori
Tori turned around when she heard someone enter the room, breaking the somewhat heavy situation. Must be her roommate. He was... a he. She wasn't aware of the male/female rooming arrangements, must've been discussed when she was out of it. Not that she particularly cared. She doubted that a majority of teen delinquents who got busted had the restraint to keep it in their pants though. She wondered how much drama may go down between people because of this. Whatever, it didn't really affect her, she wasn't concerned with other people's relationships.

Her roommate also seemed kind of in a pissy mood once he spoke. He didn't even introduce herself and she didn't reply. She just raised an eyebrow and went back to working on the phone situation. She was glad she didn't have to worry about a roommate who would talk her ear off, but she could not deal with him if her was a dick. She waited until he actually introduced himself to speak. "Tori," she introduced herself, "We should be out of here in a second." She had found the right part to fix the phone and she just had to put it in. That would only take a second, so Devon could stay like she could tell he actually wanted to and she and Desmond could go and explore more of the school.

sox sox Alvaris Alvaris

Gabe
Gabe saw his room number but decided to just walk past it. His bag had already been brought up and it wasn't like he had to do anything in there, so he might as well do some exploring. He was always up for exploring and what better place to explore than prison? Maybe he'd meet some fun people he could be friends with. There must be some people in for drugs and other fun stuff in this awful place. He continued down the hall.

Last edited:
june malik

He nodded to Kai in understanding. "Yeah, of course. If you want to run by Tori's and check up on that whole phone thing, we'll wait for you." He was never too tired for an adventure. Slipping on an army green hoodie that wasn't covered in tears and mascara to cover his unstyled, fluffed up hair, June decided to bide his time by unpacking his various belongings. To be honest, he hadn't brought too many clothes. The reason his luggage weighed three times more than would be allowed on a plane was due to the abundance of knick knacks he had collected over his various travels. If there was anything that would make this place even begin to resemble a home, it would be the reminders of the energetic life he would be returning to in a little under a year. Pulling out a couple of figurines and art pieces, June got to work positioning them across his side of the room.

devon lee

Not having expected a response, Devon's head snapped back in the girl's direction as she spoke. 'Tori,' he acknowledged. 'Or maybe it's Tory, like the shitty British political party.' With a small nod, he straightened up and gingerly set his phone down before shrugging the t-shirt on. She seemed significantly icier than she had a moment ago when speaking with the other dude, but he couldn't really bring himself to care. He didn't plan on doing anything other than resting in this room, most likely spending the majority of his time in classes, training, or swimming. No doubt, his roommate would want some privacy with her new boy toy around. 'God, if you ever decide to exist, please don't let me walk in on that.'

Devon couldn't wrap his head around how all these kids were already so chummy with each other for supposedly being dangerous criminals. They seemed so alive, running around like they knew they had the privilege of not actually having anything happen to them. The idea of building a life here was so far out of the question for him, having gone through hell and a half just to avoid the supermax prison his prosecutor had petitioned for. Since he was due to turn eighteen a month before he would arrive at the school, the demon spawn lawyer was bent on getting him an adult sentence of 30 years for second degree murder. The judge, however, remained lenient, and through months of fighting for his future, Devon managed to land himself at this school.

It was a shitty situation, without a doubt. He hated it with every fiber of his being. But at the end of the day, he would take this place without hesitation over the alternative.
Interactions: Alvaris Alvaris Lizy Lizy

sox sox Lizy Lizy

Desmond

He appreciated her honesty, though it cut through his chest like a knife. At the time he didn't realize how serious the situation was and he knew that backing out would cause similar repercussions. His friends weren't labeled "good" people for a reason. Yet, that didn't stop him from going along with the plan. It was pretty bad and he was pretty stupid for doing it; this was something he saw now. He was blinded before by rage, but his anger was gone now.

When her new roommate stepped into the room he was taken off guard. It was a guy. Crap, her roommate was a guy. He seemed rather unsocial though and his worry went down, but only slightly. He was comforted by her response though. She said it didn't change her opinion, but was that true? He learned at a young age that actions speak louder than words and he couldn't judge her actions yet; she hadn't made any knowing his situation. Desmond crossed his arms as he looked at Devon, he seemed a bit too broody. Having males and females roomed together seemed like a truly terrible decision because of the criminal aspect and all.

cb4b6cf280f273960186841dba42d60f9575f122.jpg
Harper
Interaction(s): sox sox tortellini tortellini

Harper chuckled at his Facebook comment. He was kind of adorable and she was glad she was stuck with him. "Thanks," she said taking the map. It was a lot bigger than she anticipated. "This place makes me feel like a mouse in a maze." Her voice was quiet. "I definitely wouldn't mind a tour. I'm pretty good at getting lost...and distracted." She chuckled before looking over at Jun. The short exchange they had confused her. Donte? Who was that? She looked over at Kai before she slipped out of the room.

Harper looked over at June. "Donte?" She asked. "Is that another student?" She wasn't under that impression but it was possible. She smiled as he pulled out some of his possessions. Her temptation to touch them stirred in her and she tried not to think about the ways she could take them. It would be so easy. She turned away from him. Stealing from her roommate would be a terrible decision. Yes, a horrible idea. Convincing herself of this would take time.​

Tori
Tori looked over her roommate once more. He seemed to be in a mood, to say the least. It seemed like they'd do well as roommates, if he kept up being closed off and quiet, so she didn't have to deal with another person's baggage. Her reminded her a bit of herself actually. Hopefully he wasn't like a cold blooded murder though, then she'd have to be super aware all the time. Not like she ever slept much anyway.

She got the missing piece into the old phone then stood up and headed over to the door, gesturing for Desmond to follow her so they could go out. She heard the knock at the door just as she was opening it. It was Kailo, who wanted to know if the phone was done. "Here it is," Tori said, handing over the phone, "Just finished it."

tortellini tortellini Alvaris Alvaris sox sox

june malik

June shook his head, watching Kai leave with narrowed eyes. "He's not a student, no. Apparently Donte saved Kailo's life back when she used to work in the ring, and now she has this eternal soulmate complex for him." His brows furrowed together in thought. Romantic love wasn't something that came naturally to him, but it all still smelled fishy, even to a novice like June. "Or something like that. I don't really get it. I'm not really into the whole 'there's one person out there who's perfect for you' shtick. If you're only compatible with one person out of billions, then you're probably not just a very pleasant person to be around, yeah?"

He chuckled scornfully and shook his head again, flipping his hood up as he continued setting out decorations. There was one in particular that he handled with care: a hand-carved marble elephant no larger than the palm of his hand. "I got this from a Jain temple in Gujurat," he announced as he turned around to show Harper. "I got really close with one of the monks there, and he gave it to me as a going away present. Still keep in contact with the dude. He's got some sick handwriting." June pointed to one of the papers on his desk, a memo-sized letter covered in tiny, detailed Gujurati script.

He held the elephant sculpture out to Harper for her to examine if she wanted to. "I'm not that into interior design, but I like being surrounded by culture, you know? It's not something you can half-ass, and every object holds a lot of meaning." June's eyes twinkled in the way that they always did when he spoke about his passion, dilating with each memory that came back to him. It was one of the many perks of having a photographic memory; it only made travelling that much more of an experience for him. He could never imagine staying in one place forever.
Interactions: Alvaris Alvaris
devon lee

Devon watched as a new face came prancing up to the door, who he absentmindedly recognized as the one who threw a tantrum in the middle of orientation. Now that her face wasn't puffy and red, he could actually admit that she was rather pretty in a somewhat mousy way. 'Did this school hire a bunch of models to act as criminals? This shit's getting ridiculous,'' he thought, incredulous at his luck. While he didn't think he was the best looking dude, he also didn't particularly think much about his appearance to begin with. There was nobody he was trying to impress, especially not here.

When Tori handed the phone off to Mouse Girl, he put two and two together and deduced that she was probably a techie. While he was somewhat decent at working with software, Devon had never managed to get into the hardware side of things. His hands just didn't possess that sort of dexterity, and he respected the hell out of anyone that did. Maybe this roommate ordeal wouldn't be the worst. Now he just hoped she didn't run away once she found out what he was in for.

Luckily enough, it seemed that the duo was leaving at last. Devon's face hadn't changed for even a second throughout the entire exchange, a bored neutrality evident in the dullness of his eyes. While he didn't partake in the festivities, the boy wasn't shy. He could strike up a conversation if it really interested him, though it rarely did. Rather, he knew that he hadn't taken a liking to the people before him and if he opened his mouth, he might say something he'd regret. With that in mind, Devon gave a two finger wave and jokingly deadpanned, "Don't die, kids. No one will look for your body."
Interactions: Alvaris Alvaris Lizy Lizy tortellini tortellini

Last edited:

Last edited:
dd_vitobasso_04.jpg
Desmond
Interaction(s): Lizy Lizy sox sox
Mention(s): tortellini tortellini

Desmond moved over to the door and stood behind Tori as she handed a phone to another young lady. She was pretty with her striking eyes. The girl accepted before dashing off down the hall. That was quick. Desmond glanced over at Devon. "Likewise," he said giving him a curt nod. He doubted most people would miss them. Desmond stepped out of the room and watched as the other dark haired girl disappeared around the corner. "Friend of yours?" He asked looking over at Tori.

They just arrived and he was surprised that they already seemed close, maybe they knew each other prior to coming here. He wondered if he'd meet anyone he knew. Several of his friends got busted, but he doubted he'd see them; they weren't as young as he was. Plus, his brother fought tooth and nail to get him in here. Desmond rubbed the back of his neck, he just wanted to go work on his car, the 1960's Mustang he was restoring. The car still looked like crap, beautiful, beautiful trash and he had a lot of work ahead of him, but it would have to wait. He'd have to find another way to blow off steam, maybe he'd get back into swimming.

A-4648935-1482656610-8090.jpeg.jpg
Harper
Interaction(s): sox sox tortellini tortellini

Harper nodded before chuckling at June's words. "That's Disney movie trash," she said. "Or Hallmark." She shrugged before grabbing her collapsible basket from her backpack and putting on the desk. "Soulmates are total BS. It's just a way for the movie industry to make money." She pulled out at least twenty bandana's, all neatly folded, before putting them in the basket. Hmm, she frowned, she though she'd packed more bandana's. She looked in the bag once more, finding a few more stray ones.

Harper turned to face June when he spoke before walking closer to him. The elephant was incredible looking. "Wow," she breathed. Her brown eyes followed his finger. "Wish mine looked like that." She laughed. "Sometimes I struggle to read my own writing." She bit her lip before returning her attention to the elephant. It was so small. She carefully took the elephant from him. It was so smooth and relaxing to rub. She smiled when she looked into his eyes; they lit up with so much love when he spoke. "That's pretty amazing, June. I've never even been out of state." She had been to Canada once, but that was when she was a baby so she didn't think that counted. "You'll have to tell me more about the world," she said. She was eager to learn more and she'd always wanted to travel, but since it was just her and her mother, they didn't have much fund to go anywhere.

Harper glanced over at the door when Kai came in. She had a feeling she'd see Kai a lot, but she didn't mind the girl. Kai moved over to the bed, definitely making herself comfortable. Harper gave the elephant back. "Thanks," she said quietly before moving back over to her desk. The stray bandana's sat unfolded. She picked them up and neatly folded them before adding them to the basket. Most people thought it was just for style and that was part of it, but not the main reason she started wearing them. Her smiled faded as she pressed her hand against the bandana tied around her head. When the call ended Harper turned to face June and Kai. "No need to apologize," she said with a small smile. "June and I were just getting more acquainted." She motioned toward her new roommate.​

Tori
"No problem," Tori called out as Kailo dashed down the hall. "I guess," she replied to Desmond with a shrug. She didn't feel like she trusted Kailo enough to call her a friend, but she realized that most other people were much looser than her with the term friends. So, in simplest terms they were friends. In her terms they were acquaintances at best. She didn't trust many people enough to call them friends on her terms. She'd consider June a friend, because she basically broke down in front of him and she trusted him. As for the other people she'd met today, she'd have to stick around them and see. Most of them didn't seem awful, but it usually took a lot for her to completely trust someone.

She walked out the door, not giving her moody roommate a second glance. "Where to now?" she asked Desmond.

tortellini tortellini sox sox Alvaris Alvaris

june malik

After piping up with his greetings to Kai's friends, June went back to unpacking so his friend could catch up without him butting in. They sounded young and energetic, except for the voice she had identified as Donte. He seemed... fatigued, to say the least. 'Whatever,' he dismissed. 'Not my business.' With a tiny smile as the call ended, he lightly flicked Kai's forehead. "Yup, no need to apologize. Harper's got a lot of catching up to do on the wondrous life of Junaid Malik."

June dumped whatever was left in his luggage onto his bed before chucking the suitcase to the side and clapping his hands. "We're not here to fuck spiders, yeah?" he announced in a practiced Aussie accent, significantly louder now that they had a journey in mind. "Let's hit the frog and toad, you's bastards!" With that, he headed towards the door and held it open for his fellow inmates.
devon lee

Devon held up his wave until the door shut behind the two, at which point he promptly flipped off the lights and launched himself into bed. As the insomniac that he was, he probably wouldn't fall asleep anytime soon, but he enjoyed being in bed regardless of the fact. There was really nothing he loved more than sleeping, despite his tendency to stay up until the ungodly hours of the morning, and he wanted nothing more than to be born as a cat in his next life so he could sleep for 20+ hours a day with no shame.

To bide his time until he felt sleepy, he put on his chill nights playlist and flipped through his class schedule. It looked like he'd be picking up right where he left off at his old high school, plus a couple classes he'd already taken like calculus. Devon wrinkled his nose at the revelation. He wasn't bad at math, but his interests lay elsewhere. On the bright side, at least he'd go into it knowing most of the material. With a sigh, the dejected boy closed his eyes and sang along to the beat flowing through his headphones, his deep voice barely above a whisper in the darkness of the room:

"It's raining again, raining again.
Dark clouds swallow the moon.
Red crosses outnumber the stars and dot the night.
The blood splatter speaks to me.
It whispers a grim clue,
That this is a cruel and violent place to live.
It condemns this city for bringing countless people to their knees,
But here I am on my knees,
Because of shallow worries.
I hold my breath so the world doesn't hear,
Like a bird that cries only when it rains."

Last edited:
Thorn

The sound of heels could be heard as the young male walked down the hall. His slender body was clad in a long-sleeved cropped hoodie, black short shorts and combat boots, long smooth legs covered by knit white thigh-high stockings. His earbuds were in and it was clear he was listening to a song from the way he rapped with practiced ease, hips swaying along to the beat.

'Bout to piss on you ******
'Bout to piss on you bitches
How you posting pictures with me
But you throwing up disses?
When I see ’em out in public
I be blowing ’em kisses
I go by in the Benzy and I be throwing up digits
I work hard for my riches, how dare you say I didn't
I said that I be winning
Oh you thought that I was kidding?
Staring at my titties, you like how they sitting
I’m a pretty bitch, and I got you in ya feelings

Piercing brown eyes scanned the numbers on the doors until they finally rested on his room number. Not missing a beat, he moved over to the door and opened it. Not bothering to see if anyone else was there, he threw his bag off to the side and started dancing while completely unaware of the man laying on the bed.

sox sox Lizy Lizy

Gabe
Gabe strolled down a hall, not sure where to go now. He was up for exploring, and maybe chatting someone up, but didn't know shit about this place. He preferred being in environments he knew well, it was more comfortable that way, but he could adapt. He was good at adapting to situations with a little time and the right people and things. Although, he still preferred being in the know about the place he was, then he'd have the upper hand, which was something he enjoyed.

He looked up as he heard heels on the floor. Well damn. It was a guy in a rather bold outfit, with hips swaying to some music. If there were more people who looked like that here, ho could definitely deal. He saw the guy enter one of the dorms and decided to follow behind. He entered the room and saw that the guy had pumped up his dance moves. Nice. He also noticed a guy laying in one of the beds, looking done with everything. He was pretty attractive too but Gabe still focused on the dancing guy.

"Damn," He bit his lip, "Those are definitely some moves." He began moving to the beat a little. "I'm Gabe. What's your name hot stuff?"

rennuelaw rennuelaw sox sox

dd_vitobasso_04.jpg
Desmond
Mention(s): sox sox

Desmond glanced down the hall. "I vote we look for the pool," He said rubbing his hands together. "You know, for future reference." He grinned at the brunette before him. He started walking toward down a hall, with an 'Exit' sign at the end. "I doubt the pool is on this floor." He chuckled lightly looking back at Tori. "Your roommate seems quite, uhm, chipper." He shrugged his broad shoulders. Broody was a more appropriate word and something about that guy gave him the creeps.

The dark mysterious type was his thing and it looked weird on someone else. The guy was anti social, actually, that word didn't seem strong enough to describe him. Hopefully his roommates weren't like that. He ran his fingers through his dark hair. Now that he was thinking about it, there was a third bed in his room. Crap. He was stuck in a quad. He desperately hoped they weren't psychos or obnoxious. The last thing he wanted to deal with was someone else's drama in his own bedroom.

89d45eb434e04d2e416e8db16b8f950eb74c6b7f.jpg
Harper
Interaction/Mention(s): sox sox tortellini tortellini

Harper watched June as he spoke. When words that didn't belong together flooded from his mouth, she raised a brow at him. "What the crap?" She asked, cocking her head to the side. "Are those foreign expressions?" That was the only logical explanation she could think of, well, the accent definitely helped her get to that conclusion. She strolled out the door. "You are quite the character June." She smiled as she turned to face June and Kai.

This adventure would be interesting and she wasn't referring to the tour June was going to give. Going here was already interesting between the guy that nearly knocked her over, to her roommate and his almost girlfriend. Sometimes it astounded her how fast girls moved. The two didn't seem to know each other before today and Kai was drooling over June at every second. Not that she could blame her. Harper's gaze rested on June as he held the door open. She was fortunate to be saddled with quite the good looking roommate, and his chill personality only made him more attractive. She turned her attention on Kai. He was her roommate and a bit of eye-candy, but nothing more.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back