• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Riverbrook Academy For Talented Juveniles

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
At her offer, June smiled up at her in appreciation, though it didn't reach his eyes. "It's nothing, really. She and I got to know each other more during my visit, but I still had to leave eventually. Some relationships just have expiration dates, yeah?" If he was being honest with himself, he would admit that she was the reason no following relationships had stuck, leaving him to dabble more in hookup culture than he preferred. Plus, next to all the problems these other kids faced, his own tale of the one that got away felt like a paper cut in comparison. "Thanks for the offer, though. You're sweet."

tortellini tortellini

don’t act like you don’t miss me, lovely.

Last edited:
June knew exactly what she was doing, but he still chose to take the bait. He was always a bit of a flirt, when it came down to it. "I'd place my bets on that," he agreed, a grin crossing his face. "She's definitely got the odds stacked against her." June shot a finger gun in her direction, purposely laying on the cheese so he didn't come on as strong as his words. Kailo was a very pretty girl, and while she definitely had some personal things to sort out, the older boy definitely enjoyed her company in this shithole. She had energy, which seemed to be something a lot of these kids lacked.

tortellini tortellini

Last edited:
Tori laughed at Desmond's remark about the room. The rooms were a bit bland, she'd also noticed that in June's room. She didn't bring anything to decorate her room though, so it would have to do. She liked it that way anyway, she just hopped that her roomate wouldn't clutter it up. She wondered what her roomate would be like. She figured she'd have to keep her guard up when living with someone.

She leaned against the doorframe of Desmond's room. "Not one for decorating?" she asked, "Me neither."

Alvaris Alvaris

June's eyes followed her fingers as she shuffled the cards, his attention drifting a little at the hypnotic motion. "Back at'cha," he replied, sending a wink her way. "Although I'd like to think being funny isn't my only charming point." He grinned and plopped down across from her, still watching the cards.

tortellini tortellini

Last edited:
June shook his head, dismissing her apology with a wave. "Thanks," he said, voice soft and eyes sparkling with genuine appreciation. As much as Kailo sapped the energy out of June, something about her made him not really mind at all. She was fun and bubbly, but thoughtful and gentle when need be. "I love fishing for compliments."

tortellini tortellini

Last edited:

Gabe
Gabe strolled down the hallway, searching for his dorm. He was late but didn't care, he figured he'd just missed the boring orientation stuff anyways. It took a while for his father to make the decision to send him off but in the end he did and now here Gabe was. He had tried to con someone to get some quick cash but that person turned out to be an undercover cop. His father usually paid them off but this time he had had it. This resulted in a sentence to the academy. Gabe was... less than pleased to be here. It sounded lame and quite really boring. He wondered if he could manage to get things smuggled in, since he had no time to do that when he packed.

5c3cc6c1efb10.jpg
Desmond
Interaction(s): Lizy Lizy

Desmond opened his duffel bag and began placing his clothes in the dresser. He'd rather be prepped now than work for it tomorrow. Knowing where everything was, was kind of like his own little quirk. He liked things have a specific spot. To him, everything needed a place.

Desmond chuckled dryly at her question. "No. This is just temporary," he said, though his room at home wasn't much different. He had a few posters there, but he preferred things simple. "So, Tori," he said her name slowly before turning to face her. "Seems like we will be seeing a lot of each other." He smiled. "Might as well get to know one another." What he meant by that statement was wide open. He grabbed his empty duffel and tossed it under the bed. "In case you were curious, I'm single." He laughed before unzipping his backpack.

DfRSNR9WkAE1qaa.jpg
Harper
Interaction(s): sox sox

Harper nodded at the tall man. His eyes left her and traveled over to her mother and she was glad her mother wasn't being, well, motherly. Before she had a chance to speak he dashed off. "I'm Harper," she said under her breath. "Nice to meet you too, tall dark and handsome." She scoffed before turning to look at her mother.

"He was...friendly," her mother said with a small smile. "Let's get you moved in."

Harper shook her head before laughing. "I can take it from here, honestly." Her mother gave her a small smile. "Please."

Her mother sighed. "Fine." They hugged before her mother headed of the building. Harper turned around and grabbed her bag before heading toward her new room. She hoped her roommate was pleasant.

Tori
Tori watched as Desmond began to unpack. He seemed organized, a good trait to have. She nodded as he spoke. They would be seeing a lot of each other. In this school full of teen criminals, it would be good to have a few friends. She figured that that was a good reason to open up more. She wasn't a talkative person but today she was surprising herself with how much conversation she'd made. It was probably a normal amount of conversation, but for her it seemed like a lot.

She raised her eye at the single remark. Was that flirting? Was he joking? Both? She knew jack shit about that stuff. She'd never been on a date. Not a real one anyway. In third grade Tori had gone on a date with Tommy Jones. That lasted a week though. It was also the third grade. A year ago she was asked out by this random guy. She didn't even know his name, so she flipped him off and walked away. She had zero experience when it came to romance. Desmond was attractive though, she couldn't deny. It wouldn't be too bad if he was flirting. "Hm. I am too," she shrugged.

Alvaris Alvaris

5c3cc6c1efb10.jpg
Desmond

His brown eyes rested on her. The nonchalant answer she gave wasn't what he expected. It was as though she didn't care or maybe she didn't swing that way. She seemed like a spitfire when they first met, but maybe she was truly a softy. Either way she was attractive and he was willing to find out whether or not she liked guys or girls. He pulled out his laptop and placed it on the desk before grabbing his sheets to make his bed.

Desmond wasn't one for games and flirting didn't count as a game. He was curious about her and she had already piqued his interest earlier. But he didn't want to come on too strong, but he also didn't want to waste perfectly good flirting material if she truly had no interest. After he finished making his bed, he walked over to her, stopping a foot or two away from her. "I'm curious," he said softly. "You are the first person I've met here and I haven't seen you interact with anyone," he paused for a second before continuing. "You intrigue me. You're attractive, but you seem rather indifferent." He shrugged his broad shoulders. "Maybe you don't find me attractive, but I have to know either way. It may not stop me from flirting though." He continued, he felt like he was rambling now and maybe he was thinking a bit out loud. "Which way do you swing?" He wasn't sure how to word it since he'd never had to ask. Most girls he knew overtly flirted with him and he never had to question it.​

Tori
Tori had to let out a good laugh before she could respond. He thought she was into girls, which she found very amusing. Apparently, he was into her, which made her a bit curious. Would it really be so bad if she opened up romantically? Today was a day of firsts and she was feeling confident, so she might just let it happen. She also had to think, were girls really so open with attractive guys that they had to ask if someone who wasn't drooling all over them was gay? She found that pretty funny as well.

"I like guys," Tori smiled. She also wanted to address him thinking she just didn't find him attractive, because she did. She just didn't show it because she, apparently unlike the other girls he knew, could keep it in her pants. "And for the record," she started, "I do find you attractive."

Alvaris Alvaris

5c3cc6c1efb10.jpg
Desmond

Desmond grinned at her response. It wasn't that he completely doubted her, but nowadays it was better to double check. He placed his hand on the wall beside the door frame. "Music to my ears," he said. Desmond was a man who chased after what interested him. He wasn't afraid to be a bit forward, but sometimes it didn't always end well for him. He raised his brow at her next statement. She did find him attractive, boy does that boost a mans ego.

"I'm glad that's out of the way." He leaned closer to her face for a moment before walking over to his desk. He grabbed his laptop and put it in his dresser drawer. "Can't trust too many people." He looked over at Tori. "How about we go check out our new turf?" He asked moving back to the door. "I'm itching to stretch my legs, plus, this room is a bit stuffy." He didn't like to be in one place too long, at least not when there was a huge campus waiting for him to explore.

DfRSNR9WkAE1qaa.jpg
Harper
Interaction(s): sox sox tortellini tortellini

Harper stopped in front of her new room and sighed. After what felt like miles of walking, she'd finally arrived. The halls seemed endless and she got turned around a couple of times, but that was mainly because of her bladder, which required some relief. She lightly knocked on the door before walking inside. A girl and a guy were chatting and she'd hoped she didn't interrupt anything, but this was her room after all.

Harper glanced at the paper in her hand. This definitely was the right room. "So, which one of you is my roommate?" She asked before moving over to the vacant bed. She felt rather awkward and kind of wished her mother had stayed with her, at least her mother would have been some sort of buffer. She glanced at the girl before resting her eyes on the guy. Were all the guys here extremely attractive? What was this place and why hadn't she come sooner?​

Last edited:
Kai looked up at the girl who had just entered the room.
“Oh, hi! He is. Don’t go trying to steal him, though.” She winked and grinned. “Name’s Kai. Nice to meet you.”
The girl was pretty. Wasn’t everybody here pretty, though?
“So, what’re you in for?” She asked, shoving the cards back in her pocket.
Alvaris Alvaris

DfRSNR9WkAE1qaa.jpg
Harper
Interaction(s): tortellini tortellini

Harper nodded. This would be interesting, she'd never roomed with a guy before. How different could it be though? She'd certainly find out. "Wouldn't dream of it," she said with a chuckle. She knew it would be a terrible idea to get involved with her roommate. "Nice to meet you Kai. I'm Harper." She lifted her suitcase onto the bed before unzipping it. "So forward, you haven't even bought me dinner yet," she said with a laugh.

"Just kidding. I stabbed a guy." She shrugged. These people wouldn't know whether or not she was lying and it didn't matter that much anyway. "What did you do?" She asked Kai before glancing over at the her new roommate. She was curious about both of them, especially the guy, since she would be living with him. Hopefully he wasn't some psycho, but she assumed that's probably what everyone thought about each other. Lucky for him, Harper was only a pathological liar and a thief.​

Kailo laughed. She liked this girl.
“I ran a crime ring with my dad. It’s a long story, but basically we got busted.” She chuckled. “Sounds fun. Why’d you stab him?”

DfRSNR9WkAE1qaa.jpg
Harper
Interaction(s): tortellini tortellini

Harper nodded as she started putting her clothes into her dresser. "That's pretty BA," she said. "Sucks you got busted though." She shrugged before looking over at her. "He pissed me off." Which was a likely scenario, somehow old guys always hit on her. "He was some dinosaur hitting on me." She pretended to gag. "I don't know why I always attracted the old men." She frowned before chuckling. She wasn't even a legal age to do anything.

This story was way cooler than the actual reason she was in this place. Stabbing sounded far better than stealing and getting busted for it. How much of a lie was it really though? She was only busted because she got distracted by the old man and she wanted to stab him, did that count as a half truth? Maybe a little white lie? She wasn't too concerned with the technicalities. Lies didn't hurt too much because no one ever caught her, aside from her mother.​

June looked up as the door opened, his supposed roommate joining them at last. At first glance, she seemed pleasant and laidback, earning a mental sigh of relief from the boy. He didn't know if he could take any more high stress socialization for the day, and it didn't seem like he'd have to deal with that tonight. "Hey, I'm June. It's nice to meet you, Harper," he introduced with a toothy smile. "I forged a bunch of IDs and showed up to my court date crossed." He spoke casually, as if they weren't discussing their dabbling with federal crimes.

Alvaris Alvaris tortellini tortellini

"Fucking finally," Devon exclaimed as he burst into the empty natatorium. The room was massive, leading him to wonder how the hell he could have missed it on the way in. Dropping his stuff onto a bench, he stripped his hoodie and shirt off his back and placed the goggles over his eyes. The water was completely still yet perfectly clear, as though it hadn't ever been used. Devon wasted no time in diving in and disturbing the peace, the cool water energizing him with a single impact.

Swimming had always been his solace, a separate plane where he didn't have to interact with anyone. The water never judges him or ridicules him, never agitates him or tells him he's flawed. Nothing could touch him when he sat at the bottom of the pool, feeling weightless as time stopped for as long as he could bear.

Kailo laughed at Harper. “Same here. I didn’t stab him, but one of my friends clocked him. Long story. I kinda get why I attract old creeps, though. I worked at a place with plenty of ‘em.” She looked over at June, and she could tell he was relieved when the girl entered the room.

Crap.

So she had been pretty annoying, hanging out in his room, being loud and obnoxious and he seemed pretty tired... maybe she should leave? She didn’t really want to, but maybe that would be better for him, since he seemed so mentally exhausted,

“Do you want me to leave, lovely?” Kai asked, glancing at the clock. Only 8:15. So it wasn’t late, but she still had more things to unpack. But it wouldn’t take two hours.

It would depend on what he said.

June raised an eyebrow, turning to look at Tori with confusion written on his face. He never was too good at hiding his expressions. "You can stay as late as you want so long as Harper doesn't mind, yeah? Unless you're trying to run away," he said with a faux hurt expression. June dramatically pounded a fist over his heart, eyes downcast. "I didn't think I'd scare you off this quickly, but I understand. It's so hard being this dangerously lovable. I guess people just aren't built to handle it."

tortellini tortellini

Kai laughed. Okay, good, so he wasn’t mad. Problem solved.
“It really is scary how adorable and charming you are, man. I’m just not ready for it.” She chuckled a little.
“Thanks. You just look tired. Didn’t wanna tire you out even more with my obnoxious drug-and-caffeine fueled loudness.”
sox sox

Last edited:

Tori
Tori smirked as he came a bit closer. Damn he was forward. She'd usually just flip off someone like that but something about Desmond made her want to get to know him more. She nodded as he put his computer into his dressed drawer. Smart move, for all they knew his roommate could be a klepto. The more she thought about it the more a school full of juveniles seemed like a bad idea. A bunch of law breaking teenagers all kept together in one place sounded risky. She wondered how smart the teachers had to be in order for this to work. They definitely needed more skills than the students in order to keep them in control.

"Sure," Tori said, taking a step out of the room, "Mind if we go check out my room? I haven't been there yet and I told someone I'd get something done for them tonight. Shouldn't take to long."

Alvaris Alvaris

01464094917321585879_1024 Copy.jpeg
Desmond

Desmond smiled as he looked down at her. "Not at all," he said. "Might not be a good idea though, cause then I'll know where you live and that gives me permission to bug you whenever I want." He laughed as he walked beside her. "I heard they had a pool here. Do you like swimming?" He asked as he looked over at her. Desmond was an avid swimmer, but when he got involved with his friends he didn't swim as much. Instead, he focused on his drumming and guns.

What was her story? He wanted to know more about her, but she didn't seem like a forthcoming person and he knew he wasn't either. He figured not many of the kids here would be; most probably had a tragic backstory - some sob story that they'd bleed dry or until people stopped listening. He couldn't stand people like that and he hoped she wasn't one of them. Something told him she wasn't and that was probably why he could stand to be around her.

cb4b6cf280f273960186841dba42d60f9575f122.jpg
Harper
Interaction(s): tortellini tortellini sox sox

"Old men always have it coming," Harper said with a short laugh. "You seem pretty chill June, I think we'll get along just fine." Harper finished moving most of the clothes in her duffel to her new dresser. It was crazy to think she'd be here for a while; this place would be so different than what she was used to. Just the people here, what they did to get here, it was nuts to think they created a place just for people like them. It made her curious about the teacher's, what would they be like? Were they reformed cons, or what?

Harper looked over at Kai and smiled. "Of course you're welcome whenev, and as long as you want. The more the merrier." She finished moving over her clothes into the dresser. The vibe between these two was crazy and uncomfortable. She'd say 'just get a room', but technically, they already had. Harper refrained from making the comment, she figured it would only make her situation more uncomfortable and she really didn't want that. "Have you guys ever heard any crazy stories about this place?" She asked. "I heard some kid blew up a toilet." She slid her suitcase under her bed. She hadn't actually heard any stories about this place, other than they were great at reforming crazy kids.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back