• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Riverbrook Academy For Talented Juveniles

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Kai smile brightly. “You’re lovely! That’s great! I could also see if the computer rooms have some sort of messaging system... you would have loved Donte. He was great with computers and mechanics and tech and stuff. We were an awful pair.”

She laughed, almost regretfully.

“Maybe you’ll get to meet him sometime?”

Lizy Lizy

“Maybe,” Tori smile at Kailo, “I’m going to go check out my room and fix a phone. It probably won’t take long, it’ll be done by the end of the night.” She turned on her heel and walked back to the door. “I’ll see you guys later,” she said as she opened the door and walked out. She didn’t know where her room was so she started to wander up the hall.

tortellini tortellini sox sox

don’t act like you don’t miss me, lovely.

sox sox Lizy Lizy

Last edited:
Gustavo-Vito-Basso-Digitals-August-2014-140819-03.jpg
Desmond

Desmond grabbed his duffel and slung it over his shoulder. He was irritated that his brother shipped him off to this place instead of teaching him the old fashioned way. He ran his free hand through his hair, raking it out of his eyes. This place didn't look too bad and he'd eyed some of the girls on the way in. Maybe it wouldn't be bad after all. He headed toward the dorm room and heard chattering fill the halls. He was late and he hoped it wasn't too obvious; his brother wasn't able to see him off and he figured it was better to be late than not show up at all. He pulled a paper out of his pocket, it read his dorm room number.

His brown eyes scanned the doors. Nope, nope, where the heck was it? Lucky for him, this side of the dorms seemed rather vacant either and he didn't feel like interacting. He groaned as he continued to read the numbers that didn't match his. "Where the frick are you?" He grunted as he slowly walked down the hallway. His bag wasn't heavy, but it was beginning to feel like he'd packed bricks instead of clothes. This place was bigger than he'd first anticipated and now he regretted not bringing that stupid map.

cb4b6cf280f273960186841dba42d60f9575f122.jpg
Harper

Harper sighed as she looked into her mother's soft brown eyes. The pain was evident as her mother wrapped her arms around her. "I'm sorry kiddo," her mother said. "It's for the best." She stepped back before sliding her hand under her daughter's chin. "It's going to be good." She smiled and she truly believed it. Harper was a go-getter and would thrive in this kind of environment; she needed structure and her mother wasn't able to be there at all hours.

"I don't like it," Harper said frowning before grabbing her suitcase. "Let's just go find my dorm and then we can cry later." She gave her mother a small smile.

"Deal," her mother said before the two headed toward the girls dorms. The entered the building and pulled up the map and room number. "It's bigger than I remember." Her mother chuckled as they made their way toward her room.​

With a grateful smile, June walked towards the open window and leaned against the bars as he took a long drag from his pen. It was entirely water vapor, but he wanted to be careful in case the smoke detector was actually a particle detector in disguise. Holding it in for a minute, he waited for that familiar burn in his chest before exhaling out into the night air. One hit from his pen didn't do anything except put a lid on the intrusive thoughts that swamped his mind on a daily basis. Another hit would get him decently high, however, so he shelved that for after his guests had all left.

"I'm down to do whatever, love," June said and plopped down in the swivel chair next to his desk. "I'd love to hear about Donte."

tortellini tortellini

As much as Devon would have loved spending the rest of the night in bed, blaring the smooth R&B playlist he had been listlessly cycling through, the jaded boy knew it was too early to pass out if he wanted to wake up later than four in the morning. Deciding to look around in search of some semblance of a pool, he crawled off his bed and grabbed the swim trunks, towel, and goggles he had packed in his luggage before changing into the trunks in preparation for a stress relieving swim session.

Devon slipped out of his room, headphones still in but covered by his hoodie, and sauntered down the hall, head ducked so he wouldn't make eye contact with any other students who could be potentially lurking about or, even worse, staff members. He had managed to sneak his phone in through his calculator, and if it got confiscated, he would probably burn the entire place down.

Last edited:

sox sox

Last edited:
Gustavo-Vito-Basso-Digitals-August-2014-140819-03.jpg
Desmond
Interaction(s): Lizy Lizy

Desmond shifted his duffel into his other hand, giving his shoulder a rest. Stupid map, he wasn't usually this sour, but everything came crashing down this week and it felt like bricks were weighing on his chest. The sound of footsteps made him pause and he listened, hopefully whoever it was could help him. A girl came around the corner and he smiled. "Hey, could you help me?" He asked as he looked at the brunette, she was pretty. The weight on his chest lightened a bit. "I'm turned around and I left the stupid map at home. I have no idea where I'm going." He chuckled lightly feeling his annoyance dim as he looked into her brown eyes.

Maybe this school wouldn't be so bad after all? If she was as nice as she was pretty, he figured they'd get along just fine. He dropped the duffel bag and wiggled his sore fingers; he was beginning to feel that he'd packed way too much in the dumb duffel. He'd only brought the duffel and a small backpack, but he was a man of few needs. Clothes and a laptop were pretty much it since he couldn't lug a drum set around or bring a gun on campus.​

As Victoria turned a corner she spotted a guy who looked very lost. He was pretty attractive, even she had to admit. But still, she wasn’t one to express that. She'd be her usual self, cold to strangers who she didn't trust. He seemed nice though so she decided not to just tell him to piss off.

"You're out of luck. I don't know my way around this place either," she said with her usual blunt attitude. She was about to walk off but hesitated. Continuing her streak of being a semi decent person and trying to help this guy out might be nice. Surprisingly talking to and helping people felt nice for once. She found that the she liked the people here more than people at home, none of them had turned out to be complete asses. Not yet anyway.

"What's the room number?" Tori asked. "I might have seen it down that way," she shrugged and gestured down the hall she'd just walked down.

Alvaris Alvaris

5c3cc6c1efb10.jpg
Desmond

Desmond half smiled at her. She seemed like a firecracker and he was intrigued. "Thanks anyway," he muttered softly. She walked with determination, but he she was new, just like him. Of course he'd run into the one person who couldn't help him. When she spoke again, he was pleasantly surprised. Her snarky attitude seemed to be pushed aside for the moment. He smiled before glancing down at the sheet of paper in his hand. "214," he said before looking up at her.

"I've scoured this hall already." He sighed. Hopefully she saw it so he wouldn't have to aimlessly walk the halls and look even more like a clueless new guy. His brown eyes rested on her face, she had soft features and she was quite pretty. He refrained from checking her out though, he'd certainly be caught and he didn't want her to ditch him; he was already lost enough. He picked up his duffel again and slung it over his other shoulder. If she hadn't seen it he'd still have to keep looking.​

"Yeah I saw that one," Tori nodded, "The 200s are down that hall. Evens on the left." She gave the guy the slightest smile. He seemed pretty clueless, she wondered what he was even in for. He didn't seem like the violent or witty type but she knew she shouldn't judge him right away. He could be a murder for all she knew. That was just assuming the worst though. Still, he had to have done something bad to get in here.

Alvaris Alvaris

5c3cc6c1efb10.jpg
Desmond

Desmond smiled. "Thanks," he said before moving closer to her. "What's your name?" He asked letting the bag slide down his shoulder before dropping it onto the floor. She probably had no interest in engaging in a conversation, but he was determined not to let her go quite yet. What would a girl like her come here for? She definitely piqued his interest. "What's your," he paused thinking about the right way to phrase the question. "Specialty?" It would do for now.

He had a variety of "skills" most people didn't seek after, but he didn't care much about what they thought. His mind drifted to the plan he'd started with his friends before his brother shipped him off here. His brother was furious and he'd never actually seen him that angry; if people could turn red with rage, his brother would have been scarlet from head to toe. He looked down at her, and tried to subtly check her out before resting his eyes on her face. Maybe she wouldn't notice.

Last edited:
"I'm Tori," She introduced herself. She decided to entertain him with a little conversation. She'd already done that what felt like a lot of it today, so a little more wouldn't do any harm. She was actually somewhat enjoying conversation. She was starting with a clean slate here, maybe she'd start talking to people a bit more. "I'm good with tech," she grinned, "How about you?" As she spoke she noticed him looking her down. Was he checking her out? She decided to just let it go for now.

Alvaris Alvaris

5c3cc6c1efb10.jpg
Desmond

"Nice to meet you, Tori," he said. "I'm Desmond." He listened as she spoke about her specialty. Tech, he smiled, not surprised. It wasn't that she looked like a tech nerd, but it would explain why she was here in the first place. Typically tech meant hacking and he would be genuinely surprised if she was here for any other reason than that. "I'm a drummer and a sharp shooter." Both were some of his favourite things to do. He'd picked up a lot of tricks from his friends, not that his brother would call them that; his chosen word was not something Desmond was apt to repeat.

"Tech, nice." He chuckled lightly. "Sounds like you're downplaying it a bit, with the 'good' part." He glanced down the hall that would lead him to his room. His roommate probably already set their belongings up. He hated not being able to have his own space and now he couldn't even pick what he wanted. "So, Tori, let's cut to the chase. What did you do to get into a place like this?" His brown eyes rested on her again. "You seem like the innocent type, strictly speaking from appearance." He motioned toward her. If he hadn't talked to her he would have assumed she was lost in this place. She didn't look like the kind that belonged here.​

A sharp shooter. She was a bit surprised at this talent but nodded. She knew she shouldn't assume much from appearance so she wasn't expecting much in the first place. The drummer thing was cool too. She wondered how much they took the non criminal talents into account in this place. All of her special talents could be used criminally, which was how they found her, but they could also be used for so much more. They'd probably discourage her hacking here and make her do other stuff. Not that she minded that though, as long as she could do something to distract herself.

"I hacked into a police database," Tori responded, "I'd done it before, they tracked me this time though." She shrugged and tucked her hair behind her ear. She knew that she should've been more careful, but she'd done it so many times that she got sloppy. It wasn't like she did anything harmful though. Which was why she thought it was unfair for her to be here and be considered a criminal.

Alvaris Alvaris

5c3cc6c1efb10.jpg
Desmond

Desmond laughed. "That takes guts. I'm impressed," he said nodding. "Tori's got more balls than most men." He ran his fingers through his hair. He wasn't surprised to hear that, he'd expected it, but it was always interesting to learn where they hacked in. "How come?" He asked. "Of all the places in the world, why a police database?" She had to have some sort of reason, even for the heck of it. Maybe she just did it to see if she could.

How many times had she done it before she got caught? Desmond was pretty good with electronics, but he was far more familiar with the inner workings of a car; the technology used for the new cars was similar, but not quite the same. His brother was a mechanic and taught him everything he needed to know. If anyone needed their car fixed, he was the go-to guy, but computers were more of a foreign concept.​

Tori shrugged. "Because I wanted to," she said bluntly, "I used to do a lot of other things too though." Hacking and other various tech stuff, but mostly hacking, was basically her whole life. For her it was a basic hobby. Almost like a fun game or a favorite sport. She'd done it so many times that it was easy for her. She liked to have things to do to occupy her time so she didn't have to spend it thinking about her past or her emotions.

"What did you do?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. She was curious and she usually wouldn't ask but the opportunity arose and she couldn't help herself. This guy seemed interesting.

Alvaris Alvaris

5c3cc6c1efb10.jpg
Desmond

Desmond nodded, he'd figured as much, but he was curious nonetheless. "Other things?" What could that mean. Other than hacking? Maybe it was techie talk, if it was, he clearly had no idea. He'd felt like the clueless quite a bit today. "Woman of many talents, I take it," he said with a short chuckle. She was definitely intriguing, but he assumed many of the people here would be; they were here for various reasons after all. This place could accurately be described by the well known saying "Don't judge a book by its cover", which fit in Tori's case.

"Me?" He grinned. "Wouldn't you like to know?" He leaned down and picked up his duffel. "Guess you're going to have to get to know me to find out," he said with a wink. "You said this way?" He pointed with his head before walking in the direction she said his room was. He couldn't let all the mystery die during their first meeting, plus, he hoped she'd be curious enough to stick around for a little while longer.​

Tori smiled a bit when he remarked on her talents. She wasn't quite used to people complimenting her, it hadn't happened much in a while. She was a bit surprised when he responded to her question. Damn. She raised an eyebrow and smirked. It was a little unexpected but respectable. It was at that moment she decided she genuinely liked Desmond. What kind of like? She wasn't sure about that.

"Yeah," she said in response to his question about the way his room was. Tori hesitated a little before she decided to continue following him. She'd told Kailo that she'd fix the phone for her, but that shouldn't take too long. She had a some time.

Alvaris Alvaris

June sucked in a breath at Kailo's story, feeling a little uncomfortable again at the dark tone that took over her words. It seemed like everyone at this institution had some sort of tragic backstory that turned them into the angsty teenagers they were today. And it made sense, really; he was the only kid who had been sent to the school for drug use, which wasn't even illegal everywhere in the States, while all the others had some sort of actual crime they were paying for. No doubt, that would shape their character in some way. For the first time since he'd gotten here, June truly felt like he might not belong with this crowd.

Of course, he didn't say any of that to Kailo, knowing that it would only make her feel worse about herself even if it wasn't personal. "That's... really rough, dude. I don't know this kid, but from what I'm hearing, it sounds like you guys weren't really compatible..." June swivelled a couple times in his chair, absentmindedly taking enjoyment in the childlike action.

tortellini tortellini

When Devon looked up from where he was walking, his eyes landed on Attitude Girl and a new face, some dude who looked like the most gourmet cut of "Chad" he'd ever seen, having a conversation a couple of meters ahead. 'Nope. Not happening.' Without a moment's hesitation, the hooded man spun around on his heel and started walking in the other direction, deciding that he would much rather risk taking the long way than have either of them socialize with him tonight. Making sure to walk as quietly as possible to avoid detection, he rounded the corner leading to the main hallway of the school.

Devon didn't look up in time to see the person in front of him until he was already colliding into them.

"Oh, shi--- My bad," he apologized, catching his profanity as he jolted backwards. It was some girl and her mom, neither of whom he'd seen before at orientation. She was probably late, he figured. She was also easy on the eyes, but he didn't spare more than a moment on that thought. Devon kept his gaze low as he asked, "Are you hurt?"

Alvaris Alvaris

Last edited:

sox sox

June frowned a bit at her self-deprecating comments. "Don't talk about yourself like that. There's billions of people on this planet, yeah? One man doesn't determine your worth." He shook his head again, feeling like he didn't really like this Donte kid even though he had supposedly saved Kailo's life. His gut screamed at him that there was more to this story than she was letting on, but he wasn't about to pry into things if she didn't bring them up. Especially if she had been emotionally manipulated by the dude (which he didn't want to assume and upset her).

"I, uh, don't really have a story?" he admitted, meeting her eyes and shrugging. "I mean, I had a pretty normal life, I think, if you don't count all the travelling. My parents both still want the best for me, I don't have any siblings, and none of my ex-lovers have tried to burn down my house yet." June gave it a little more thought, mulling over the last few years with careful scrutiny. "I guess it's been kinda lonely, but who doesn't get that way sometimes, you know?" He chuckled and stood up, stretching his lanky limbs as his shirt rode up his stomach a little.

tortellini tortellini

sox sox

5c3cc6c1efb10.jpg
Desmond

Desmond opened the door to his room and stepped inside before placing his back on the empty bed. Seems like his roommate had already moved in and vanished. He didn't mind that, he'd rather set up without someone else looking over his shoulder. He smiled when he heard Tori behind him. His plan worked and he was glad she hadn't left yet. He placed his backpack at the foot of the bed before looking over at Tori.

"Welcome to my humble abode," he said chuckling. "It doesn't look like much now, but when I'm done, it still won't look that different." He wasn't one to put posters on the wall or to decorate this place; it wasn't home and he didn't bring anything with him, but his room at home was pretty bare too. He was far from simple, but his room was exactly that.

DfRSNR9WkAE1qaa.jpg
Harper
Interaction(s): sox sox

Harper glanced over at her mum. "I think I'm okay," she said. "I don't want to be that girl who brought her mum." She chuckled, but she felt it would be easier if her mum left now rather than later. At least now she'd have setting up her room to distract her. Harper turned before being knocked sideways. She paused a moment before looking up and briefly meeting his dark eyes. He was good looking, but didn't seem like a conversationalist. Or maybe he was just embarrassed.

She smiled. "Yeah, I'm fine." She chuckled before checking her bandana, making sure everything was in place. She nearly had to crane her neck to look up at him, he was so tall. "Not hurt at all," she repeated. "Are you okay?" She asked. She didn't think she'd hurt him, but she felt compelled to ask anyway and he seemed genuinely concerned.​

June sighed, long and deep, before wheeling his chair over so it was next to the bed. "Let's see... There was one time I almost died?" he stated more like a question than a statement. "It didn't really change anything, to be honest, but... well, it happened." He cracked his knuckles and dove into the story. "Back when I was 15, I had spent a couple months in Venice without my family, since I had a friend there I was visiting. My parents were in Naples at the time so I was on my own if anything happened. So I went out one night to this pub a little ways from the main canals and ended up a little less than shitfaced. I'm a dumbass, I know, shut up. Anyways, I'm nowhere near fluent in Italian, but I knew enough to ask for directions back to my hotel." He rubbed the back of his neck, a little embarrassed at this story but carrying on. "Except I never made it. My drunk ass decided to hope one of the guard rails on a bridge and go for a swim. I suck at swimming. I pretty much started drowning on the spot. This girl passing by, though, she noticed me and pulled me out and got me to a hospital. I probably would've died without her." As June told his story, his tone got quieter and quieter. She hadn't been just any ordinary girl after that day, but he didn't particularly want to share details about that specific heartbreak. "Drowning is a very silent event, you know. If someone's floundering around and making a ruckus, then they're not drowning yet."

tortellini tortellini

"I'm, uh... I'm good. Thanks." Devon's eyes flicked over to the girl's mom, who hadn't said anything, and decided it was his cue to leave. He didn't have anything else to say to the pair and was mentally cursing himself for getting himself involved in any form of social interaction in the first place. The non-anxious part of him belatedly noticed the bandana tied around the girl's head, mentally noting that it suited her. Maybe he'd try it out on himself sometime.

"I'm gonna go," he announced abruptly, scowling at how unintentionally awkward the silence became. The tall boy ducked his head down and made his way past the duo, reaching to plug his headphones back in as he attempted to flee the scene as nonchalantly as he could.

Alvaris Alvaris

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back