• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Riverbrook Academy For Talented Juveniles

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
((Sorry for the short reply. I’m on mobile and I’ve gotten so used to the computer.))

The principal finally stopped talking to look around. She said, “You are now dismissed from orientation. Make sure not to stray too far from your assigned staff member. They will be handing out student handbooks to you as you leave. Do not lose them.”

((I might actually make an extra page for the RP with the contents of the student handbook))

(i actually wouldn’t mind that)
Kai poked June gently. “Yo. Lovely. Orientation’s over, time to go. Wake up, dork.”
Oh, they got an assigned staff member? Great. Because most likely, the majority of staff now knew her as ‘the girl who had a mental breakdown 15 minutes ago’. Fun. She got up, gingerly walking down the bleachers (idk the layout of the auditorium but I’m just gonna assume here-) and looking down the hallway once again. Kailo studied the layout, just so she could remember where everything was in case she had to make a quick escape.
Just in case.
Her sneakers (krooked griffin dusty yellow lakais, they were her most prized possession, other than her cards) squeaked on the floor as she walked. It was pretty annoying pretty fast.
sox sox KokichiLove KokichiLove

June jerked awake at Kailo's nudging and slowly got to his feet with a yawn. Accepting the handbook from his assigned staff member, he flipped through it idly before wrinkling his nose. "Damn, so many rules. We aren't ten anymore." Tucking it under his arm, he followed in the general direction everyone was heading, hoping it was their bedrooms and not some grand tour of the classrooms or something.

tortellini tortellini

Kailo laughed.
“Maybe we need them.” She said.
“I mean, we probably just broke most of them on the first day. Leaving an orientation, disrespecting staff, vulgar language, and probably lots of other stuff.” She chuckled again.
“And you kinda act ten, maybe less...” She laughed.

She walked alongside him, but then looked around for Alina. “Hey!” She mouthed, beckoning to her to come walk with them.
“God, I’m gonna hate living here. Do you think we get to decorate? I have a full bag full of decorations, so we better be.”
sox sox KokichiLove KokichiLove

Victoria got up from her seat when they were dismissed and walked over to her assigned staff member. She found herself walking behind June and Kalio. When June received his handbook and made the remark about not being ten anymore, she couldn't help but roll her eyes. This was a school full of juveniles, of course there would be strict rules. What else would you expect?

She took her handbook from the staff member. "Thanks,' she said quietly. She wondered if there were any benefits for good behavior in this place. She was here because she broke a law, but she wasn't a neanderthal. Unlike many people here, she was polite and calm. She looked around the auditorium with tiny frown. This wasn't somewhere she'd fit in at all.

June scoffed in Kailo's direction, pretending to be offended at her words. "I am very mature, excuse you," he complained with a pout. "I just don't let things outside of my control bring me down." As his companion drifted away to talk to Alina, he seized the moment to look over the campus map in the student handbook, dedicating it to memory within a matter of seconds. Much to his delight, there seemed to be a massive library on the other end of the school, which definitely had to have some form of linguistics textbooks, right? Unless it didn't, and he was stuck using their undoubtedly censored wifi to continue his studies. It could be worse, but June had always preferred the cohesiveness that came with textbooks over online resources, and would choose them anyday. "Fuck, I need a shot," he muttered under his breath, willing the anxiety creeping up his spine to go back to whatever hell it ascended from.

(Gonna be really short since still in a transition phase and I’m running out of small talk lol)
Alina hadn’t seemed to notice her. Oh, well, sometimes people need a moment to themselves. Kailo looked over at June, who looked eerily unnerved and anxious.
“Mmm, you alright June?” Kai said, raising a brow. “You don’t look the best.” She opened her own student handbook and wrinkled her nose. It looked dumb. Too much reading. Her brain always managed to switch numbers and letters around. She had done some research on it. It was called dyslexia, and was pretty common, but she didn’t really care. Reading wasn’t that important anyway.
sox sox

June startled a bit at Kailo's sudden concern, quickly concealing his distraught gaze. "Oh, uh, I'm fine. Just a Headache. It's been a long day, eh?" he chuckled, lying through his teeth with a practiced ease. There was no way to properly explain what this addiction did to him without sounding like a proper junkie, and he didn't particularly want to try at the moment.

tortellini tortellini

“Mmmmmmk.” Kai said suspiciously, shooting June a quick smile. She glanced around. The place was nice, but seemed much less nice considering that it was a prison.
sox sox

Victoria took in her surroundings. She wasn't like these people, she wasn't bad and she wasn't crazy. She was only exercising her mind. When she'd hacked that poliece database it was just a normal activity for her, nothing bad. She admitted it wasn't the "good" thing of her to do, since, you know, it was illegal, but she didn't do anything morally wrong. She didn't belong here. What made everything worse for her was that if someone actually cared about her maybe, just maybe, things could've gone differently. Her aunt was practically grinning when the authorities came for her and said she'd have to be taken in, she was surely glad the Victoria was out of her hair. Maybe if she actually cared they could've gotten lawyers to defend her and get her out. Or if her mom was alive she could've fixed everything and kept her out of this godforsaken place. Suddenly she felt sick to her stomach and bit her lip. She immediately blocked the thoughts out of her head. She couldn't deal with emotions. Not here and not now. All she had do do was wait for this tour to be over and then she'd hopefully be able to go to her room.

June lazily noticed Tori walking behind him with her signature scowl etched into her face. He internally smiled a little at the sight. She looked pretty scary on the outside, with the way her brows angled downwards and the tight set of her shoulders, but the older boy knew she was more complex than that. He admired how little effort she put into pleasing others, sticking true to herself and not sugarcoating a thing. It was more than he could say for himself, who often felt as though he went out of his way for those around him solely for the purpose of being liked. It was his own twisted form of validation, despite how shallow of bonds he usually ended up making with the strangers he interacted with.

Knox liked Tori, he decided. She was quite reserved and no less stubborn, but more than that, she was headstrong and didn't treat anyone special. He hoped they'd be able to continue their conversation that got cut off earlier at some point tonight.

Lizy Lizy

The memories just kept coming. Victoria tried to just cut them off, block them out, but it wasn't that simple. She remembered her mom and how kind she was, nobody had shown her that kindness since... the accident. The accident was two years ago, the one her mom died in. Screech. She sound echoed in her head. She tried to stop it but she couldn't. She remembered how she just sat there screaming upon seeing her mother sitting there, lifeless in the carseat next to her. No. This couldn't be happening. She felt like she was about to cry. She blinked twice and took a deep breath. Ok. The tears had been stopped, for now.

At the sound of a deep exhale behind him, June glanced back at Tori again, studying her expression carefully. She was still wrapped up in her own thoughts, but even if June caught the unsteady waver in her eyes, he didn't say anything. They had almost reached their rooms, and he was sure she could take care of herself without his intervention. Preoccupied with his thoughts and not paying attention in front of him, June collided with the back of his assigned staff member, who had stopped to say something to a guard. Stumbling back, he rubbed his nose solemnly, grimacing at the pain. At least the other students now knew exactly how uncool of a peer they were dealing with.

You're being an idiot, Victoria thought to herself. She'd gone so long without ever dealing with her emotions in public, why were they acting up now? Well, probably because she had just been arrested and immediately been placed in a new environment but still. Why? She saw as June looked back at her. Oh god, she was being to loud with her emotions and people could tell. She was being very irrational in this assumption but continued to assume the worst. The screech sound echoed in her head yet again. Why couldn't she just make it go away. She felt one tear slide down her cheek. She was too checked out to notice. Her thoughts were occupied by the images of the accident replaying in her head.

sox sox

Once he was done restoring feeling in his face, June looked around at his peers to determine if anyone was laughing at his expense (and potentially fight them on it). The light caught something oddly shiny in his peripheral vision, however, and when he glanced over to the source, he noticed the reflection of the warm lamplight on Tori's cheek.

A tear. She was crying.

June slowed his pace to walk alongside her but kept a respectful distance, knowing full well that she didn't take too kindly to others stepping in on her business. At this moment, however, she very much did not seem alright, and he hoped she'd forgive him for being overly familiar. "Hey," he whispered, voice soft as he ducked his head a little to match her eye level. "Look at me. What's wrong?" June wasn't sure if she'd let him help her, but he figured the worst that could happen was that she'd tell him off. He could handle that, especially if it meant getting her mind off of whatever was troubling her so much.

Lizy Lizy

Victoria snapped out of her thoughts when she heard June. Oh thank god, the thought. She immediately retracted that thought when she realized she had heard June. That meant that he had seen her. "Oh shit," she muttered. She hadn't meant to say that out loud. Oh well. She noticed the tear on her cheek and quickly wiped it away. "N-nothing," she said. She was stammering now? This was the worst possible situation she could think of. She attempted to force a smile but that didn't work. Her face only fell and another tear slid down her cheek. What. Was. Happening.

sox sox

"I doubt that," he said, brow burrowing in worry. They had finally reached the residential wing, their assigned staff members leaving them be for a minute to look around for their room numbers. June stopped and faced Tori. "It's not just the school, I can tell that much," he urged, voice gentle yet pressing, eyes imploring, "so talk to me, yeah?"

Lizy Lizy

Victoria shook her head. She'd told herself she wouldn't let herself open up again. It caused to many problems. "I-I just-" she cut her sentence off and checked out, more memories replaying in her head. This time a memory of when her mom was alive, teaching her how to code. It was a happy memory, but it only brought pain to think of what once was. Then, suddenly, the image changed to the accident. She was in the car, her mom's lifeless body beside her. When the paramedics arrived and asked if she was ok she couldn't even respond all she could do was stare in shock and horror at the body next to her. She'd never get to talk to her mom again, see her smile, hear her laugh. More silent tears streamed down her face.

sox sox

June's eyes widened as tears began steadily coating Tori's cheeks. Fuck, he swore to himself. He could recognize a panic attack when he saw one, and he didn't think twice before jumping into action. As quickly as he could, he scanned the doors around him and found one with his name on it not too far away. Grabbing Tori's hand, he pulled her down the hall with him and ushered her through the door, leaving it only cracked open as he situated her on his bed.

Luckily, their rooms came stocked with the basic necessities, including a tissue box which June hastily placed next to his crying companion before hopping up to sit on the other side of her. "Hey... Whatever you're feeling right now, it's not gonna be like this forever, yeah?" Something about the broken look in her eyes tugged at June's heartstrings, leading him to believe that gentle words wouldn't help too much. Careful not to startle her, he slowly wrapped an arm around Tori's shoulders and tucked her into his side so her head rested on his chest. "Breathe, Tori. You need to breathe."

Lizy Lizy

Last edited:
Victoria snapped out of her daze and saw she was in another room. She didn't even process June pulling her in there. She heard him speak and took a shaky breath. She realized that his arm was wrapped around her and started to pull away but gave in and rested there. She vowed not to open up or show emotions to anyone, it was clear that that wasn't happening. She'd just make June the exception. "It sure doesn't feel like it," she attempted to laugh but it came out very shakily.

sox sox

June reached over and pulled out a tissue before dabbing at the wetness on Tori's cheeks. "I know it doesn't. It won't for a while, but it's a mental thing, yeah? You gotta keep telling yourself it until you believe it. And once you start believing it, you'll start feeling it." His arm around her tightened a bit once he knew she wasn't going to run away, not minding the tears seeping through his hoodie.

Lizy Lizy

Jesus christ. Victoria hadn't felt this comfortable being emotional around a person in forever. Although she felt bad, she didn't feel scared or ashamed crying around June. She felt him dry her tears with a tissue and listened to his advice. It didn't seem that simple to her but she appreciated him trying to help her through this. Nobody had been this nice to her since her mom. A few more tears fell in between her shaky breaths.

"Thanks. I-I really appreciate it," she said sincerely. "Can I tell you something?" she cautiously asked.

sox sox

Kailo watched as Tori began to cry, then as she and June went to another room.
Oh, Jesus. She would have said something, but definitely did not want to interrupt June trying to help. If he had calmed her down, he could definitely calm Tori down. She trusted that. So instead she followed staff members, eventually finding her own room and forgetting about Tori and June for the moment. Even if she and June talking had to be postponed, Tori came first, since Kailo was fine now. Victoria had definitely seemed shut-down, reserved, stubborn. But she was just a sad, scared teenager, just like the rest of them. They had all made mistakes. They were all here to fix them.

Sort of.

For Kai, this was a temporary setback. She and Buster and Lewis would get the ring set back up, better than ever, bigger than ever. And Donte would come back, and they would be together forever. And she would be rich and famous and everything would be perfect.

Hopefully.

"Of course," June said with a nod, tucking a lock of Tori's hair behind her ear. It brought him relief that she wasn't pushing him away anymore, despite her tendency to do so. He supposed these were dire circumstances. "What is it?"

Lizy Lizy

Victoria sighed. She might as well get this out of the way if she was going to open up. "When I was 14 my mother died," she began, "It was in a car accident, and I was right there with her. I saw her die June. She was just sitting there next to me and then she was gone." She took a shaky breath before more tears came down her face. She'd never talked about the accident like this to anyone. She said some stuff about it to her aunt once or twice but those were mostly just screams.

sox sox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back