• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Sounds neat. So if my dude was a prototype for the knights, would be be able to fall into the same stages?
Thats actually a good question. Im not sure if a implanted Soul could actually be Forged. But i was thinking on ways to make your character pheasable and i may have one, Bear in mind this isnt mandatory just an idea

. Same idea being the soul containment unit but the idea was to make a war machine that harnessed soul energy to weaponize it. This was prior to the crafting of a forge but after the crafting of the striker. Anyway the Robot wouldve been designed to harness and utilize soul energy an older model. Basically it picks up a sword and charages it with energy, same for a gun or other such items. This includes things like linking up with a radar system to get long range soul energy scanning. Or linking to old school weaponry like tanks or jets.

After the development of the Soul forged Knight that robot became obsolete as no machine or other person for that matter can harness the power of a soul better than the souls rightful weilder. However an order Scientist took the older model and renovated it with modern technology, weapons, and the like. He transferred into the robot accidentally resetting it. The robot couldve been the one to help the Fallen Knight escape regardless as its origins would have to be within the order.

Your character would be able to grow and get stronger yes, but not in stages like that and knights weapons will still have advantage over the machines...that said your character would retain the perks of a mechanical mind and body. Could amp its body with soul energy to keep up with knights, and have a waaaaaay more versatile arsenal at its desposal. After all it could pick up a simple lead pipe and block a few hits from a knight using this ability. It also makes for a wonderful training partner. Due to all the nerfing i can throw in auto repair if you didnt already have that planned?

To clarify the reason it cannot be fprged is because machines that can contain the power of a soul after it has been activated with the striker do not exist. Its too much energy, more than a Tsar Bomba. When the striker is used on a human this energy is dispersed into their body granting them the physical enhancements and the additional unique powers.

Striking is required for forging and that would technically cause your character to explode like well...a 100 megaton nuclear weapon. An interesting thing to keep in mind.

So the soul in the machine would not be one that has been activated which means bursts of power would be hard to come by. But its possible to store the passive energy that fuels it in extra cells of sorts in order to give extra energy at a moments notice.

Wait so what im seeing is, because of this soul inside of it, it has immense power locked away. However, the "radiation" of the soul would be used to keep the machines body running(which i figured as much, so no worries there). Tin-Tin is weaker than the knights, but more flexible is what your saying?

Wait so what im seeing is, because of this soul inside of it, it has immense power locked away. However, the "radiation" of the soul would be used to keep the machines body running(which i figured as much, so no worries there). Tin-Tin is weaker than the knights, but more flexible is what your saying?
Essentially yes. Now over the course of the story we may find a way to strike his soul without spirit nuking the vacinity. But at least at the start you will be on par with the rest of the freshly stricken rebels.

So i wanna ask about the properties of the souls. We know about the abilities it may give, but how much of it is the person itself? Is the conscious and personality traits held in them sorta like in undertale or is it the overall driving force of life. Like its there but we couldn't truly tap into it until recently.

I uh. Dont know what to do exactly for my soul powers.
For your robot arsenal character just go ahead and list the ability under soul power and delete the Soul forged states. Ill come up with another powerup for your character by the time it becones relevant. Heck we could work on the progression path together.

Also i have finished Roark's History and personality. There are some good lore chunks in there about the orders recent history in case you want to take a look to get a feel for the scenario before i finish the lore.

So im wondering if you combine DNA with a machine, could you trick the soul into believing that its the souls user?
Negative. Souls seem aware when the physical body they are in is near death. Remember how the medical protocols have shifted? They wont help people whose souls have left their bodies. Meaning souls often leave a persons body long before they actually die...as if they know their time is up. Souls have a sentience to them that is still yet to be understood. Think of it like this. If soul science had a way to fully complete it and know all there is to know about the soul our current experts on the science are are about 2% there.

Wooah, i like that alot. Dalrighty, then. Ive told stories from my mom about people who had recovered from catatonic states. One being a man who was in a motorcycle crash and had his limbs sliced off as well as some brain damage, who had no signs of responsiveness. My mom was a nurse then, watching over the dude. Within a month, this 20 some odd dude made a amazing recover, sitting upright and flipping through a magazine with his stumps. So this gives something to think about. If a soul has sentience, will it immediately just give up and leave or will it stay and wait for its hosts to perish. Or will it depend on person to person as the soul holds some kind of stubbornness as a reflection of the persons personality?

That said its totally possible to play a cyborg who becomes a knight. Tgat way your a human with a soul and the mechanical parts. It would introduce an interesting weakness of your mechanical parts constantly breaking down as they wpuldnt handle the power too well.

Wooah, i like that alot. Dalrighty, then. Ive told stories from my mom about people who had recovered from catatonic states. One being a man who was in a motorcycle crash and had his limbs sliced off as well as some brain damage, who had no signs of responsiveness. My mom was a nurse then, watching over the dude. Within a month, this 20 some odd dude made a amazing recover, sitting upright and flipping through a magazine with his stumps. So this gives something to think about. If a soul has sentience, will it immediately just give up and leave or will it stay and wait for its hosts to perish. Or will it depend on person to person as the soul holds some kind of stubbornness as a reflection of the persons personality?
Thats the magic question. Doctors and scientists cannot agree if the soul leaves because it knows the body cannot he healed. Or if the soul leaving is why the body cannot be healed. But every time a person who was in a coma woke up their soul had never left. And every time they didnt wake up it alteady had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back