• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
The world was shook by a new discovery in the year 2026, it turned out the human soul did in fact exist. The world reeled from this realization that there was something after this life. But leave it to humanity to find a way to ruin what would have otherwise been a beautiful discovery. It hadnt even been a full year before another scientist discovered that not only did souls exist but they held tremendous energy, more so than any Nuclear weapon or reactor ever could and of course this lead to a new Arms race and economic struggle.

The Human soul suddenly became the most valuable resource but still no one knew how to utilize the energy within. At least until the year 2044 when a doctor Charles Manacroft discovered how to crack the barrier that surrounded the human soul keeping the energy within out of our universe. The Tool became called the striker and sadly the process of awakening the first soul was so catastrophic that Dr. Manacroft and the entire facikity he was in, along with a large chunk of Moscow was utterly destroyed. Yet the Striker remained.

Over the years more nations began to develop their own devices to harness this energy but the striker could never be reproduced. Eventually An organization calling itself Order gained access to the Striker and they never let it go. They paired with the nation offering the largest controlled population, China and developed the forge in the following years introducing the first Soul Forged Knight in the year 2052. War broke out soon after this as the chinese government made attempts to use the New power they had obtained to control the world. Yet shortly after they made their moves The Order betrayed them and overthrew their government, along with any other that stood in their way. No Weapon, No Number of soldiers could Best a Single Soul Forged Knight. The United states Prooved the last nation to fall protected by Oceans and Advanced technology, but even that failed to hold out.

One hundred and twenty Years have passed since then and the last whispers of rebellion died out decades earlier. The order now rules the entire planet abolishing social classes with few exceptions. Everyone is a Citizen, Above them are The Knights and their various ranks dictating their position, and Above them are the Archons Who think of themselves as the gods of this new world reaping the benifits of the "Lower" classes. A lifetime of peace and power having gone to their heads, eventually it was bound to happen, after all its in human nature to rise up when we are stamped down. Just 24 hours ago The Striker Went missing, stolen from the temple where Soul Forged Knights are Created and trained. The order is still covering this up but word has begun to spread, the sparks of hope ignite in the oppressed...now is the time to Rise.

Ill be adding bits here and there before i make the threads this is just the basic idea. If you have any questions let me know.

Sounds good, what kind of powers can our chatacters get from using the breaker? (I'm guessing we'll be a part of the new rebellion)

Sounds good, what kind of powers can our chatacters get from using the breaker? (I'm guessing we'll be a part of the new rebellion)
A good guess.

The striker awakens a persons soul granting several uniform and a few unique abilities. The unique ones vary from person to person but must be currently some kind of intangible ability nothing like spawning weapons or any physical material. Stuff like flame manipulation of sorts, and other vague unforcused abilites.

The uniform abilities are
Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Speed/Reflexes
Superhuman Durability/Stamina
Minor regeneration (Superficial damage like cuts and bruises)
The ability to sense others "Soul Power" gauging their level of strength and location etc. (Think Dbz power sensing)
And all of these abilities grow as the person learns to harness more of the soul power.

If able to access the forge this process of mastery is vastly shortened by granting them an item, usually a weapon, that is the physical manifestation of their soul. It has 3 stages. Dormant, Awakened, and Burning. They become Called Soul Forged Knights, and must learn to master the 3 stages of their weapon. Sadly after the forging process spiritual growth ceases and the Burning stage is as powerful as you will be able to become. That said forged souls are notably more Potent then others. Its like taking the power that would usually encompass a several mile radius and compressing it into some kind of object. So while an Unforged may equal a forged in Spiritual power odds are the forged is gonna be able to punch through their attacks and defenses as their power while equal is more focused and potent.

So we will be at a disadvantage initially but the gap will close as the story progresses.

Lmk when there is a OOC and char stuff. Im thinkin of a robo with a human soul.
Thats an interesting concept. Perhaps someone designed a robo body thay could contain a human soul thinking they would gain immortality, only to realize souls wipe memories at the point of death resulting in a totally new life as a robot.

Not that you have to do that just rolling the ball downhill ya know?

More like as an experiment, killing someone and extracting their soul and putting it in a Android in an attempt to make a more powerful weapon. And yes, the memories would be wiped. Much easier than creating an AI yknow?

More like as an experiment, killing someone and extracting their soul and putting it in a Android in an attempt to make a more powerful weapon. And yes, the memories would be wiped. Much easier than creating an AI yknow?
Sounds awesome. Perhaps a precursor to the Soul Forged Knight or an attempted recreation.

I was thinking of a robot character myself but in other sense, a Soul Replicator A.I. made by the order to act as an infiltration tool. It would have multiple bodies as a backup but only capable of controling 1 at the time, having a main core as a server.

The bodies are made with a special material (which i've been naming organic metal or biometal) that allows it to mimic and reproduce appearence and behavior based on the analyzed soul. So it can copy other knights powers and weapons

The thing is that at the start of the rp the scientist/knight that created it realized that it was forming a soul of its own as a result of copying them. She decides to betray the order and allows her (no longer 'it') to leave by letting her copy her soul and leave with her core

She joins to the rebellion bc of the consciousness she has now developed

I suppose that works as well but imma have to limit the number of artificial soul users. They cant be more effective than actual humans using their souls because that would render the story characters obsolete. I didnt exactly plan on A.I or other technology going to far forward since the spirit tech revolution was kinda all encompassing.

However a few outliers couldnt hurt. Just bear in mind the souls will not be able to be forged or grow stronger in mechanical bodies. Though they can still be used by them.

Oh wait i just re read that. Kinda gonna have to reject that one. At least the power copying thing. That takes the uniqueness out of it and furthermore makes the threat the knights are supposed to pose in the early game moot.

Oh wait i just re read that. Kinda gonna have to reject that one. At least the power copying thing. That takes the uniqueness out of it and furthermore makes the threat the knights are supposed to pose in the early game moot.

What if she can absorb the souls (kill them) in order to copy the power? That way they stay unique

What if she can absorb the souls (kill them) in order to copy the power? That way they stay unique
Hmmm. Id still prefer not. Each soul is supposed to he unique and copying them goes against that. It shouldnt be possible based on the way the story works. Putting one soul in a machine is one thing. Making a machine that essentially eats souls to fuel itself is another altogether. Perhaps it would work as a big villain to take down but as a playable character no. I dont want any one person to be able to do it all or fill every role.

What would you think of a character that could perhaps manipulate the soul (I dont really know how else to phrase it). Something like causing a wandering soul to attach to a vessel /object for a period of time based on how much energy is left in the wandering soul. Or perhaps something like gaslighting someone by putting intrusive thoughts into a their head. For instance let's say you're infiltrating into the enemies base and it just so happens a guard sees you, then you can make them think they've seen you before.

What would you think of a character that could perhaps manipulate the soul (I dont really know how else to phrase it). Something like causing a wandering soul to attach to a vessel /object for a period of time based on how much energy is left in the wandering soul. Or perhaps something like gaslighting someone by putting intrusive thoughts into a their head. For instance let's say you're infiltrating into the enemies base and it just so happens a guard sees you, then you can make them think they've seen you before.
I think i may have given the wrong idea about how the soul thing works. We didnt discover ghosts or anything we discovered the soul inside of a person. Wander souls and ghosts are kinda not something that occurs so that one is gonna be out of the realm of possibility. The basic idea is to sciencify the soul it isnt gonna be magical or anything.

The other one of manipulating minds could work in a sense but im not really sure on it because of how badly and easily such a thing can be abused. You take control of a persons mind and you kinda control the outcome of the post you know? How does say another player resond to that power? What other way can i as the GM respond to that power than to say it either doesnt work or the enemy resists. Im not saying its not possible but i wont be allowing others to control other players or important NPC's so you might not get alot of fun out of it.

I was kinda thinking that was gonna be the case, worth a shot though. Another idea I have is like making a rift from one place to another in line of sight up to a certain distance. Acting as both defensive, offensive to a degree, and mobility.

I was kinda thinking that was gonna be the case, worth a shot though. Another idea I have is like making a rift from one place to another in line of sight up to a certain distance. Acting as both defensive, offensive to a degree, and mobility.
Thats perfectly fine in fact there is ample use for that and it can be easily weaponized at the forge.

I'm happy to hear that.
But I have a question into regards with the human soul, what happens to it when someone dies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back