• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
There is one more thing that might be of interest. There appears to be a rather powerful power reactor here. If it could be overloaded . . . the resulting explosion would be quite spectacular, wiping out the whole level. The problem is getting to it and surviving.
I am thinking that we have our way of dealing with this level. We just need to be able to survive this.

And what way is that, specifically? Not to doubt you, good Psychie, but none of our characters are engineers. How are we to overload that thing?

It may be armored, but if you shoot it enough, it should blow up. Like I said, we just have the question of how to live through this whole event.

I think this is the part where I hold off posting until Sil can see what's up. Until more is posted here, I'm going to check in on the other games I'm involved in. Look forward to seeing what you come up with, Psychie! =)

Not too many thoughts as of yet - tried to get a post up yesterday, but didn't really get anywhere at all.

Anything specific Eron wants to say or do?

I mean, Eron being a Cyber-Knight-at-heart, I'd've thought he'd have a number of things to say about the presence of the Xiticix, the hunter-creatures, and the faux-Aishwarra, not to mention the demonic things the Coalition are doing with them all?

Sure, there's plenty to say - just wondering how to let him move things forward, too. It's like all of the plans he might come up with just fall one step short. And I haven't managed to put that into a post yet.

Well, let me pitch my idea. The Infiltrator Automation can cast the Portal spell, which can make a gateway up to 800 feet away. It can get us down to the level and into the room where the reactor is. We can then use our sneaky suits to get us to the emergency quarantine button on the blast doors to seal the room, take out the Skelebots, then hit the reactor and get it ready to blow up. The group bolts out of there leaving the Automation behind to deliver the finishing touch to the reactor, wiping out the whole room and killing these Omega Beasts before the Coalition has a chance to unleash them on the world.

At this point, we use the hidden tunnels under the complex to sneak out to our Badger and drive away. All we have to do then is use our stealthy powers to get out of the region and back to Dweomer.

This is just a rough outline of what I am thinking, but I think it will work. If anyone has some added suggestions to make this even better, please share!

Think this might just work - what I'm worried about is that portals, teleportation etc are the obvious ways into a well-guarded facility if one happens to be a mage. So I could imagine that there are some kind of precautions for that, even though Snowfall didn't spot anything of that kind. And if something doesn't work, we just alerted them of the danger without even being inside of the building. Got nothing better myself, though...

Here come the questions! =)

Terra nods slowly, saying, "I think . . . I think that there is a way to get down there past the first two security booths and their Skelebot guards. There is a spell that the Infiltrator can cast called Portal. It can open up a gateway between here and any other location up to eight hundred feet away for us to be able to sneak through. We can then use the camouflage cloaks to get to the door to lock down the room, so we only have the one batch of roaming guards to deal with. Once they are wiped out with extreme prejudice, we hit that power reactor with everything we have to get it on the edge of blowing up. I can then have the Infiltrator open up another portal to get us out, and then have the Automation finish off the reactor while we are all safely away."

She continues with, "We then go through the tunnels we used to get in, making our way to the Badger where we extract ourselves from the area with extreme caution. Hell, we have the resources there to sit and wait for the commotion to die down before going on the move if we have to. We then get ourselves back to Dweomer and tell our tale to the boss man and see how much booze we can all pack in before we pass out as we celebrate our successful mission. I see this as an absolute win."
Sherwood Sherwood That's cool, but what I mean to ask is - are these data correct?

How many guards and Skelebots (from what Snowfall has seen) are we having to take on?

Psychie Psychie Silanon Silanon

Thoughts for everyone (before I go to bed here).
1. Lend Snowfall's Camouflage to Morrolan. Otherwise, he's wide open, isn't he? Snowfall can resort to using the Shadowy Cloak.

2. Bust out 150 total grenades (50 Plasma, 50 High Explosive, and 50 Frags) Snowfall purchased from Moloch and has been keeping in his Dimensional Pocket and use any/all of them to take out the reactor. Dropping all of those at once has to hit the 4-digit mark in terms of Mega-Damage.
2a. Sherwood, does Snowfall have a good idea of how much M.D.C. the reactor has?

3. Snowfall is a Dimensional Voyager. Maybe use Terra's spell to get us there but don't use Terra's short-range spell to get us out but instead Snowfall's Dimensional magic? Two Dimensional Teleports from Snowfall (each with 90% success rate, one hop to a friendly dimension and another to the Badger and away? That would throw the CS off of our trail if they have some way of tracking where we went which I doubt)? I'll spend Action Points on each hop if I'm allowed; I'm not taking any chances.
3a. I could have sworn I bought a P.P.E. battery for Snowfall, but darned if I can't find it anywhere on his character sheet. So, using my own rules ("if it's not on your character sheet, you're not carrying it), I guess I didn't buy one. Should've written it down! Anyways, Snowfall will need 80 more P.P.E. from batteries carried by Terra (I remember she bought some) or Eron (I don't recall if he did or not) to pull this off. There is a way he can do it all on his own, but then ol' Snowy will be reaaally down for the count for some time (as it will cost temporary P.E. points. Like 24 of them + less P.P.E. for which he has enough personally).

4. Sherwood, since Snowfall is no longer going the Netrunner route and has no computer skills, can I return his Cyberdeck for the 1.5 million he bought it for and call that done?

How many guards and Skelebots (from what Snowfall has seen) are we having to take on?
Ok, lets get some numbers here.

First, there are two security checkpoints, one at each level. Each checkpoint has four human guards in MDC armor inside a heavy plexiglass enclosure and twenty Skelebots on external guard duty. In addition to that there are another twenty or so Skelebots on roaming patrol inside the large chamber with the mass-produced Omega Beasts.
2. Bust out 150 total grenades (50 Plasma, 50 High Explosive, and 50 Frags) Snowfall purchased from Moloch and has been keeping in his Dimensional Pocket and use any/all of them to take out the reactor. Dropping all of those at once has to hit the 4-digit mark in terms of Mega-Damage.
2a. Sherwood, does Snowfall have a good idea of how much M.D.C. the reactor has?
2. That is a lot of firepower, and it will certainly do a whopping amount of damage. If you place the grenades on something and use a Demolitions skill you'll be able to do more damage than just a random lobbing of an explosive.
2a. Snowfall has no clue as to the MDC of the reactor.
3. Snowfall is a Dimensional Voyager. Maybe use Terra's spell to get us there but don't use Terra's short-range spell to get us out but instead Snowfall's Dimensional magic? Two Dimensional Teleports from Snowfall (each with 90% success rate, one hop to a friendly dimension and another to the Badger and away? That would throw the CS off of our trail if they have some way of tracking where we went which I doubt)? I'll spend Action Points on each hop if I'm allowed; I'm not taking any chances.
That would work, and the Action Point would reduce the odds of a misjump into the wrong location or dimension.
3a. I could have sworn I bought a P.P.E. battery for Snowfall, but darned if I can't find it anywhere on his character sheet. So, using my own rules ("if it's not on your character sheet, you're not carrying it), I guess I didn't buy one. Should've written it down! Anyways, Snowfall will need 80 more P.P.E. from batteries carried by Terra (I remember she bought some) or Eron (I don't recall if he did or not) to pull this off. There is a way he can do it all on his own, but then ol' Snowy will be reaaally down for the count for some time (as it will cost temporary P.E. points. Like 24 of them + less P.P.E. for which he has enough personally).
I thought you had gotten some of the batteries too, but I don't remember how long ago it was to be able to go back and find the post. It's been a while back. I know that Terra has two of these fifty point batteries on her sheet, but I am not going to speak for Psychie on if she will share. Knowing our Psychster, she probably will be willing to do so.
4. Sherwood, since Snowfall is no longer going the Netrunner route and has no computer skills, can I return his Cyberdeck for the 1.5 million he bought it for and call that done?
Yes. No problem there.

On a side note regarding PPE, the Automation has its own PPE battery in it that can be used to use its own spells. If you have her use the Automation's power for at least one of these jumps it will save you a lot of power.

Also, for future consideration, there is a mystic tattoo called a Power Matrix in the Secrets of the Atlantians book. It can store up to 10 PPE per level of the character, and when energized can also be used to double the duration of other tattoo powers.

First, there are two security checkpoints, one at each level. Each checkpoint has four human guards in MDC armor inside a heavy plexiglass enclosure and twenty Skelebots on external guard duty. In addition to that there are another twenty or so Skelebots on roaming patrol inside the large chamber with the mass-produced Omega Beasts.
Sherwood Sherwood 1. And if we can set off that emergency containment alarm, we can deal only with one group?

2. Silanon Silanon Psychie Psychie Either of you have Demolitions?
2a. O.K..

3. Great!
3a. That's what I get for not writing it down.

4. Thank you!

5. Re: Power Matrix. I have that and didn't think to use it! Thanks for the tips! Snowfall can make two hops entirely on his own! =) I forgot the Automaton held its own P.P.E. battery. It's obviously been too long since I've used Snowfall's Tattooed Voyager powers. =)

Either way, it will take the bad guys some time before they can get in and harass us as we work to blow everything up.

Eron had demolitions initially, but I switched it out at some point. In Terra we trust, folks!

I've got it on an 89%.
Sweet!

I can't help but be curious if it is practical to try this?

Terra teleports us to the reactor room by the alarm. We set the alarm off. Have Snowfall and Eron distract the group of guards (as in all of them) while Terra, Morrolan, and Terra's Automaton each take a box of grenades, stealthily move to the reactor, and place them where Terra designates.

Eron and Snowfall are fast, hard to hit, and each can take some damage so they could buy time (start by taking out the humans?). Once the grenades are all set, we could then rendezvous with Terra, pull about half a dozen pins, throw, and dimensionally teleport out of there to a dimension that Sherwood approves.

Then we dimensional teleport again back to Rifts Earth to the Badger and from that point, I don't know how we would verify the damage we did except to go back in and ask the Rat-folk. We don't have anything like drones or remote cameras to record the destruction after our departure, but it would be downright foolish to hang out while that reactor is doing its super-nova routine. Besides recording our own activities, I don't know what else to offer in that regard.

Psychie Psychie Silanon Silanon Thoughts?

With my added range on my Automation control, I can operate the Infiltrator from over a thousand feet out, and it is completely expendable. We can have it go investigate after the boom goes off, and if it sees that the place has not gone up in the blast, it can finish off the reactor as Terra's eyes and hands. If it is destroyed in the resulting explosion, I can always get another if I don't go ahead and shift over to being a Undead Slayer.

I can also help out in the distraction part of this by making my Tattoo Monster, a 300 MDC dragon. It uses up a lot of PPE, but it will give us all an extra bit of firepower where and when we need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back