• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Thanks for the concern, Your Royal Psyness. =) I should be fine by tomorrow, and I would do it all over again. It was worth it. =)

Well, my vacation is almost over. Getting ready to go to the airport for a late-evening flight back to Vegas from Richmond tonight at 8pm. Hopefully I'll have a smooth flight and a quick recovery from the jet lag tomorrow.

Sherwood Sherwood Was my last in-game post missed? I posted about Snowfall performing a very thorough search of the vampire's lair and... the next GM-post didn't mention anything (unless I missed something)?

I thought I mentioned that all that Snowfall found was scraps of cloth and bits of bone. No valuables to speak of.

The three ratmen look at one another in surprise. "We really don't have names like you do, just numbers that were given to us by the Makers. We don't like calling ourselves by the number-names given to us. I am FN-720, but among ourselves, I call myself Fred. This is Gary and Howard." The two other ratmen nod, and the three of them motion for you to follow them. "The way is not easy to get through, but you should be able to make it. Come. We will show you the way to the door."

With the three ratfolk leading the way, they scamper along through the cave, pausing for you to keep up as you occasionally have to drop down and crawl on your bellies through some of the tight confines as you travel along. After being led along for nearly an hour, the three ratmen come to a stop at a large heavily reinforced MDC door built into the rock wall. There is a ten-digit keypad just above what looks like a handprint scanner plate.

Fred points to the door, saying, "This is as far as we can take you; where we came out of the Makers' labs. But we don't have any of the codes needed to open the door from this side. Not to mention that our hands won't work on the reader. We wish you luck getting in, and we regret not being able to do more for you after you saved us from the monster hunting our nest."

They stand there, watching you with interest to see what you do next.
Nope?

At least I know now though. Good to go.

Hey Sherwood Sherwood Which door has the alarm on it? Is it the second door inside the complex, or the first door that we have to get through to go inside? I thought from your description that it was on the outer door, but from Dannigan's comment I'm not so sure.

The outer, heavy MDC door has the alarm on it, not the lighter door inside.

No problem. I try to be concise, but I do make mistakes.

Sherwood Sherwood Do I think that the spell Negate Mechanics could work on the alarm?

Range: One target mechanism up to 100 feet away or two by touch.
Duration: One melee round
Saving Throw: None
PPE: Twenty
This spell give magic an edge against technology. Essentially, one aspect of a machine, or machine part, targeted by t his spell is momentarily paused or inhibited in some way. The spell caster can specify a specific target/intentional disruption when casting the spell. The simpler the mechanism the better, and this magic is ideal for temporarily inhibiting or freeing switches, triggers, buttons, locks, and small mechanical gears and pulleys. Thus, this magic causes only minor, momentary glitches and delays, but such impediments, even lasting only 15 seconds, may be the difference between life and death or escape and captivity. Remember, this spell is designed to momentarily inhibit or, more to the point, momentarily stop some specific mechanical function, usually of a larger device. It does not damage the machine in any way.
For example: The spell can be used to prevent a gun (of any kind) from firing, or delay a hand grenade from exploding when it should (adds 15 seconds before it detonates; hand grenades are simple devices). In the alternative, when used on a gun, a spell caster might make the optical sight or laser targeting of the weapon stop working (for 15 seconds) or freeze the retractable stock of folding tripod, etc.
Against a computer, the spell can momentarily lock it up. Data is not erased nor does the computer blink out, it (or the monitor, or keyboard) just won't respond for 15 seconds.
Against a robot or cyborg, it can be used to momentarily freeze a joint, or knockout radar, a particular sensor, optic, or radio (no reading or communications), or make the blaster on the right arm not respond (won't fire for 15 seconds), or a jet pack not turn on (or not turn off, or sputter), etc. However, it cannot be used against cybernetic implants, MOM implants, or artificial systems directly connected/linked to flesh, blood or internal organs (cannot stop bionic lungs or heart), or any system encased or connected to living flesh. Likewise, bionic and cybernetic bio-systems are not affected by this magic, nor are nano-machines.
Limitations: Devices and mechanisms affected can bo no bigger than a basketball. Minor system malfunctions and glitches can be caused by this spell, but do not last very long and no permanent damage is inflicted to the device. Nothing major can be done either: a robot can not be forced to top moving, or be made completely unable to attack. The spell inhibits performance by knocking out one specific system.

Yes, if you target the lock with that spell, it would probably work so long as you can get through the door and have it shut in one melee round. Given how long that is, it won't be a problem.

And then the Dog Boys and Psi-Stalkers are on us like white on rice.

Listen, Sil, Psychie? Snowfall can turn into a cloud of positive Chi. Insubstantial, invisible, a real ghost of a spirit. The same charm that's preventing them from sensing our magic (and us) very likely prevents them from spotting us no matter what form we wear. If you want, I'll have Snowfall see what's past that door (like a way through it for everyone else)?

Do any of our characters have an idea of what kind of range the Dog Boys have with their Sense Magic ability?

Mine probably doesn't (unless Sherwood says differently, this being his Megaverse and all). In Snowfall's way of thinking, most of the folks in our party can sense a Ley Line more than a mile away. Sure, we're smaller, but we have no guarantee there aren't Psi-Stalkers or Dog Boys on the other side of that door much less otherwise nearby.

Sherwood Sherwood To echo Psychie's question, who knows what?

Some skills that would work:

Lore: Psychics and Psionics at a standard roll
Lore: Magic at -20%
Lore: Demons and Monsters at a -10%
or if you don't have any of those skills, a straight IQ roll

Hmm! Maybe Snowfall knows something after all. I've never sat down and written out how much time/experience he has in North America (except this is his first time in and around Lone Star, Texas).

Lore: Magic: 86% (-20 = 66%)
Lore: Demons and Monsters: 98% (-10 = 88%)

I guess it is a fox/dog thing, since Snowfall knows that the detection range is a base 50 ft +5 ft per level of the character. You would know that the average range is going to be in the 60 foot or so area.

EDIT BTW, I rolled a 5 on Snowfall's skill check. He KNOWS stuff!

A 5 on the die? Good roll for our foxiest of messengers! I need to get away from this dice bot here. I am sooo close to asking you to roll for me.

All you have to do is ask and I can do so for you. Just let me know.

A 5 on the die? Good roll for our foxiest of messengers! I need to get away from this dice bot here. I am sooo close to asking you to roll for me.
Dooo eeeet!

Star Wars There Is No Try GIF

Actually, scratch that. That's none of my business. =)

Let me think about it some. I do like making my own rolls . . . but I am rolling crap right now.
How'd you know that? Unless you're over at his place or something?
Its what Sherwood said in his post. Refresh your screen and it should come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back