• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ahhh! This new definition flies in the face of the old! There is a huge difference, I think between "...so long as the being does not engage in any active magic..." and " it's not 'all-or-nothing'..." Yay!

I wish I'd known this earlier but it's all good now!

Some of the difference is what I know versus what your seller knew, if you understand what I mean.

Some of the difference is what I know versus what your seller knew, if you understand what I mean.
Sherwood Sherwood If I read you rightly, dear bud, I think you are referring to your knowledge as the Game Master running the game and Moloch, your NPC, and what he knew and what he told us when he was advertising the talismans. =)

Which now begs the question: what then do our characters know? What information are they supposed to act on?

Each of our characters are P.P.E./I.S.P. packing D-Bees that, even without weapons and gear, just virtually glow with non-humanity. Speaking only for mine, if Snowfall thinks for a minute of the former definition (engaging in any magic activity makes us fair game for the Psi-Stalkers and Dog Boys), then why would he use magic at all if he could avoid it? It's the sole reason he's been so careful since even before the start of the mission because it is what he was told then.

So... yeah. What specifically do we know now? In-character?

Given what Moloch told us, I'd go with no magic at all; down there, we can sling spells, though.

I'll go with enhanced perception, reflexes and a drawn acidic sword.

As far as what you know IC, actively using magic will overpower the talismans' ability to conceal you from detection by the Dog Boys and their magic sniffing noses.

I don't have any psionics to tap into, so I'll have to risk some magic to keep my squishy parts in one piece. I'll have my Battle Fury Blade in hand, and to keep my PPE signature down, I'll only use my Atlantian talisman to get the 100 MDC shield up instead of spending a lump of my own PPE to activate other powers. If and when things get nasty, I'll tap into my other abilities then.

I'll have an IC post up in the next day or two. Have been in a fairly crappy mood for a while for no particular reason, so its been a bit of a struggle to get into any gaming right now. Sorry about that, guys.

No worries - I've been in that spot way too often myself. Take your time, we all know that awesome stuff will come our way.

Hey Sherwood Sherwood ? Maybe a little jam would raise your spirits? =)

"Joe Satriani - The Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing (from Satriani LIVE!)"

Thanks for doing what you can to keep my spirits up, guys. I appreciate it.

I would still be a poor friend if I didn't say 'thank you' for stuff like that. So again, thank you!

Always! Least thing we can do is to try to cheer up from time to time =)

Yeah, buddy! You're like a fungus that's grown on us over the years. lol Seriously, you are a dear friend, and we care about you.

So - for me it's an easy choice - Eron's gotta go first. Suits his character perfectly, and he's got the numbers to make it through any nasty surprises. Your thoughts on the matter, folks?

Whoops! I posted before reading this. RP Nation alerts said there was a post waiting for me in in-character; it said nothing about out-of-character. If you want to change Snowfall's action, I will.

I mainly wanted Snowfall through first because he has a very high Perception and P.P. and if there is something there that we should not step out in front of, he might be able to spot it and come back to the portal and (hopefully) stop everyone in time.

Sherwood Sherwood I'm a little confused. Our party has made use of magic items prior to going through the portal? Is this the part where I'm supposed to tell you what Snowfall will activate or not?

If you wish to have something prepared or ready to use, now is the time to declare it, just in case you turn a corner and there is a researcher or security guard there. Your spirit/chi form is pretty good to go stealthy, though.

But Snowfall has already witnessed Eron and Terra activating magic items and such? Or no?

Whoops! I posted before reading this. RP Nation alerts said there was a post waiting for me in in-character; it said nothing about out-of-character. If you want to change Snowfall's action, I will.

I mainly wanted Snowfall through first because he has a very high Perception and P.P. and if there is something there that we should not step out in front of, he might be able to spot it and come back to the portal and (hopefully) stop everyone in time.
This works for me as well - just don't get yourself hurt, or you'll never hear the end of it.

Snowfall, in his Cloud form, unless someone says otherwise. He slips through, and quickly looks about an all directions including behind the portal.

Slipping through the open portal, first Snowfall and then Eron spot a pair of men in lab coats that are seated nearby at computer terminals, their attention thankfully focused on the displays in front of them. You are only feet away from these two, and you have mere moments to act before they have a chance to spot you and try to raise an alarm.

Purr Purr and Silanon Silanon What do you do?
Sherwood Sherwood At the risk of repeating myself, I wanted Snowfall to go through first - in his Cloud Form - is so he could warn the party. This was agreed on.
This works for me as well - just don't get yourself hurt, or you'll never hear the end of it.

What good is it if Eron is hot on Snowfall's heels? Eron is now endangering the entire mission instead of Snowfall scouting ahead and now, not being able to come back and warn the party.

Sigh. I'll come back later.

The portal is only open for a total of 15 seconds before it closes. If you wait, it will cost the full amount of PPE for the portal to be reopened.

I am playing a Tattooed Voyager who has traveled throughout the Megaverse. His P.P. Score is beyond human (31). His I.Q. and Perception bonuses are out the window. He is a scout. He is in Cloud form with zero navigation and geographical obstacles. He has been to the location before and searched it out thoroughly. I don't see why he can't do this.

But hey. If you say he can't, he can't.

Also, if you say Eron came through when his player heavily implied he didn't...

...I'll get over it. After all, this is your Rifts game, not mine. Once again, I'll be back later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back