• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Psychie Psychie Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Thanks for the compliment!

While Terra has the yeti distracted attempts at conversation, might Seph then try to put the creature to sleep? Then the Snowfall will cast his own spell and hopefully get the spear-piece?

Seph and Snowfall will probably have to mention that they have these spells in order for this to work in-character. If we word our posts to these effects, then we can give this plan a try?

Psychie Psychie I would like to, but with my many distractions in real life, I haven't figured out how to go about doing it.

We can either role-play the entire conversation that we've had here but in-character, or we can summarize and act as of our characters have already had the conversation. Then we can take action. This is the faster of the two choices.

I'm sure there are other options, but those are the only two that pop in my head at the moment.

Psychie Psychie I would like to, but with my many distractions in real life, I haven't figured out how to go about doing it.

We can either role-play the entire conversation that we've had here but in-character, or we can summarize and act as of our characters have already had the conversation. Then we can take action. This is the faster of the two choices.

I'm sure there are other options, but those are the only two that pop in my head at the moment.
I just didn't want to use out-of-character knowledge or step on anyone's toes by posting something. Like Sherwood said, take your time.

I just didn't want to use out-of-character knowledge or step on anyone's toes by posting something.
Psychie Psychie Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon Precisely what I mean to say! =)

Do you guys want to act as if our characters have had this conversation IC (and therefore get to the action sooner)?

Or do we want to roleplay it out (say, with Terra saying something like, "I think the spear-piece is inside the yeti!" Followed by Snowfall with, "I could reduce myself with magic and get in there to retrieve it without killing our Himalayan friend here, but how are we to knock him out?" with Seph adding, "Just leave that to me!" or some such?)

How do we want to get this ball rolling, friends?

Do you guys want to act as if our characters have had this conversation IC (and therefore get to the action sooner)?
It'd save a lot of time in moments where I don't have as much to spare as I'd like. Though if folks insist I'm fine roleplaying it out.

Just so long as you all are in agreement, that is fine with me.

I'm willing to say we've already had some of this talk, and can move onto trying to KO the yeti and do some spelunking in its guts for the spear piece.

On a Robotech-related subject, I'm trying to build some interest in a new game that I'd like to run. After reading Heinlein's Starship Troopers again, I wanted to try a Cyclone-centric game instead of focusing on the larger Veritechs.

Here is the link to the interest thread:

Psychie is already interested, but I'd like a few more people to sign on to this. If anyone is interested, let me know!

(Copied from Psychie's Southern Cross game.) I would have to let go of a current game in order to join, so it's a "sorry, but no" from me. Most of the games I am in involve my oldest buddy, Sherwood! =)

I have to ask - is your game based on Heinlein's book or the much-later movie series?

On a Robotech-related subject, I'm trying to build some interest in a new game that I'd like to run. After reading Heinlein's Starship Troopers again, I wanted to try a Cyclone-centric game instead of focusing on the larger Veritechs.
Thanks for mentioning it here - just like Dann, I'm at my limit at the moment, though, and I'd rather find my way back into this Rifts game than joining elsewhere when I feel like there's enough wriggle room for it. Hope you'll find enough players, though, sounds like it'd be great fun!

Assuming that the effort to knock out the yeti is successful, we can have you describe what happens when Snowfall goes inside to recover the spear piece.

I've had a lot of run around for the pup this week for being a little sick, so I've had a rough time staying on top of things. Just let me know if I need to make rolls for any spells or powers for this strategy.

Just to make sure that I have it all straight: You guys want Zeph to use his breath weapon to try and KO the yeti, then one (or more of you) will use Reduce Self to shrink down to go into its mouth and see if the spear piece is inside its gullet. Is this correct, and am I missing anything?

Rykon Rykon Purr Purr Psychie Psychie Silanon Silanon

Sherwood Sherwood
...then one (or more of you) will use Reduce Self to shrink down to go into its mouth and see...
(Ellipses mine)

Do what? Who besides Snowfall has Reduce Self?

(I didn't go looking on anyone else's character sheets, but I thought he was the only one had it. Of course, I don't mind being wrong!)

Psychie Psychie You're the party leader here - if it is just Terra and Snowfall, who do you want going down into the... uh... depths of the yeti (presuming Seph is able to K.O. the beast)?

Why not have both Snowfall and Terra go in together? It might increase our odds of being able to yank that spear chunk out of its gut without killing the thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back