• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
You will need to make a Lore roll to see if you have any knowledge of the creature in front of you.

Sure! But which one? Demons & Monsters? D-Bees? Mythology?

Sherwood Sherwood EDIT: In a game like Rifts, where does something like a yeti fall under, right? =)

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood All righty! Here you go:

Snowfall's Lore: Demons and Monsters: 98% (true: 103%). =)

A couple of things immediately jump out to you as you look at this creature in front of you. First, while there are such things as yeti in the world, this is far from their normal habitat of the mountains that they normally call home. Also, there is little in the way of any kind of food supply for it to be able to eat here. It doesn't add up in your mind that this creature is native to this area.

Another thing comes to mind as you look at it. A typical yeti is not an MDC being, so if it were set here to guard the spear piece, it would make for a very easy challenge to deal with. Something just doesn't add up, considering how much effort and planning had to have gone into the whole plot to get rid of Athena.
Sherwood Sherwood Snowfall is also wondering why this particular yeti is alone. Aren't yeti like chimpanzees, apes, and orangutans in that they are normally social creatures that dwell in greater numbers?

This leads to another thought - what else could we be missing?

Maybe the yeti's just the snack of whatever's really standing guard?

Maybe the yeti's just the snack of whatever's really standing guard?
Way to give ol' Sherwood more ideas, Sil! Now we beat the yeti and fight something bigger and so on! Ha ha! =)

Hey Sherwood Sherwood , if I am able to make my Lore roll on the yeti to know if it is intelligent, I also have the Eye of Knowledge Tattoo that gives me the ability to understand and speak all languages at a 96% proficiency. If it only speaks some odd dialect of monster, I can use it to talk to it.

Yeti are basically apes. They should not have language (then again, one shouldn't be here in the South Pole either, and in Rifts, anything is possible!). I hope Terra's gambit works! =)

"Yes, Psychie. Terra calls upon the power of the Atlantean tattoo. The yeti begins and ends his conversation with you with two very important words.

"'Roll initiative!'" Heh! =)

With that roll, Terra would know that the yeti are basically only animalistic in their intelligence, and while it is true that a gorilla managed to learn a few hundred words of sign language, it would take you a long time to impart that info to it. It is more likely that the critter picks up on your body language and tone more than your actual words.

These yeti are social animals, and they do live in groups a long way away from the south pole. It being both here in the Antarctic and alone is very unnatural for it.

Ok, understood.

Purr Purr and Rykon Rykon I'm thinking that this yeti has the spear fragment inside it, both granting it a bit of divine power to make it the strong power level you can see and also causing it pain at the same time. Between the group, we have enough healing power to be able to operate on it and remove the spear piece and keep it alive while we're at it. We can restrain it with either a Magic Net or Carpet of Adhesion, perform our surgery, and then return it to the mountains from whence it came from.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
Psychie Psychie The idea of performing surgery on an animalistic creature without its blessing and with our limited means to ease its pain during the procedure makes me uneasy. Despite all of Snowfall's tricks, he's got nothing that can knock the creature out so it wouldn't feel the surgery - he can only stun it (unless his holistic medicine or paramedic kit has something like morphine in it).

Before we go trapping and cutting the beast (and I'm thinking the spear-piece is the source of its illness), I would like to see if the item happens to be placed on the creature first. I'd feel pretty dumb to be putting a creature under the knife only to find out it wasn't necessary in the first place. For all we know, the yeti ate this thing (which means it could also excrete it) or someone could have cursed the creature by taking it from its homeland, shoving the spear-piece down its mouth (which by itself might augment the creature while also making it sick).

Sherwood Sherwood I don't suppose Snowfall knows of a holistic medicinal way to put the creature, once restrained, to sleep?

Also, has Snowfall visited the Himalayan mountain range in Asia (so we can return him or her home)?

Sherwood Sherwood I don't suppose Snowfall knows of a holistic medicinal way to put the creature, once restrained, to sleep?
You are aware of various ways to sedate a person with your holistic medicine, but you lack the needed materials in order to knock out the yeti.

Also, has Snowfall visited the Himalayan mountain range in Asia (so we can return him or her home)?
Yes. You are familiar with the normal range that the yeti calls home.

You are aware of various ways to sedate a person with your holistic medicine, but you lack the needed materials in order to knock out the yeti.

Yes. You are familiar with the normal range that the yeti calls home.
What if the yeti were first stunned? Say with Snowfall's Japanese police stun rifle (setting five)?

You can give that a try, but at the moment you lack the needed plants and herbs to be able to knock out the yeti. It might be possible to sedate the yeti with some other method, be it magical or medicinal.

I have two of my IRMSS robot medical systems; can they be used to knock it out?
They can deliver some painkillers, but they lack the needed amount of medicine to completely KO the yeti.

He might be able to lend a spell to the cause, if he is asked IC. I'll have a IC post up in a bit showing the response to Terra's actions.

Zephiron has Super Psionic Power Bio Manipulation for Paralysis, Paralytic Breath, and a level 5 sleep spell. Will any combination of those suffice?

The Sleep spell would probably knock out the yeti, but it might wake up if you begin performing surgery on it, unless you simply reach a hand down its throat and see if you can pull out the spear piece without killing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back