• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
It is possible, but remember any increase in power will result in a tougher encounter to make up for that.

Mmm, good point. With that in mind, why don't we try China next, after we secure the second spear piece?

China will be a good one to go with. I will most definitely need my computer to access all the pdfs I'll need, so that will have too wait for at least tomorrow or maybe Monday to get you started on that.

If I remember correctly, Germany is deep in the gargoyles territory and they are no slouches in a fight. I have no personal idea on what we might expect in China, so that makes me curious.

If we go to England first, would we get enough xp to level up again before the fighting in China or Germany?

Good question!

China will be a good one to go with. I will most definitely need my computer to access all the pdfs I'll need, so that will have too wait for at least tomorrow or maybe Monday to get you started on that.
Going back to the Far East will definitely make Snowfall's day. The closer he is to his native Japan, the happier he is.

Just so I am clear on your plans: you are going to drop off the one spear piece in Olympus and then head to China, correct? Is there any side trips or other business you want to do?

Is there anywhere we could go first to get an idea of the situation in China? And by that, I mean specifically the realm we're headed to? I take it it has been quite some time that Snowfall has been there and the more we know the better.

You know, things like... the oni hordes are heavier this year. It's mating season and the Foo Lions are in heat so watch out. Oh! Here's one! The Yama Kings are having a garage sale! But they don't take credits, so bring all of your yuan. That is, if "yuanna" have a good time!

Wooo! =)

Is there anywhere we could go first to get an idea of the situation in China? And by that, I mean specifically the realm we're headed to? I take it it has been quite some time that Snowfall has been there and the more we know the better.

You know, things like... the oni hordes are heavier this year. It's mating season and the Foo Lions are in heat so watch out. Oh! Here's one! The Yama Kings are having a garage sale! But they don't take credits, so bring all of your yuan. That is, if "yuanna" have a good time!

Wooo! =)
There is not much information coming out of the heart of China to the rest of the world. The interior of the country has been overrun by more supernatural creatures than there is in the Magic Zone of North America, and considering that the person or persons behind the theft of the spear are some nasty individuals, it is a good bet that the piece is in possession of one of the more powerful beings there. One of the Yama Kings would not be a bad bet to make.

As a player, I know next to nothing about the China book, so I don't even have OOC knowledge to share.

It sounds like a good time will be had by all if it is as infested as you say it is!

If it is the Yama Kings, we are in for one hell of a time. Just one of those guys, properly played, is as bad as living hell! Wheee!

You'll just have to see what you run into. Don't forget that you guys are no slouches in a fight, either. Working together, you can overcome a lot!

Are we ready for me to put up an IC post of you returning the spear piece to Hephaestus and to get ready for your next step? Or should I wait? I don't want to jump ahead of myself here.

Just to clarify the ppe costs: if I want to activate three tattoos, do I take the 20 ppe points off of each one, or just the first? I don't want to assume it's one way when it's not.

It's 20 ppe per melee round, so if you have a set of powers that last a while, you can do 20 off of each one.

Before you go through the portal, you can activate any spells or mystic tattoos you wish using the ppe-rich environment of Olympus to provide the first 20 points of any spell effect you wish. Just make sure you declare what is being activated and be aware of the duration of any spell or tattoo.
Sherwood Sherwood While it is the privilege of many a Player to think of their characters as low-maintenance automatons/avatars that require next-to-no-sleep and fewer fill-ups than a Toyota Prius, I have to ask - how are our characters doing in the food and fatigue category? I don't mean to ask to slow the game down, I'm asking because I would like us to leave fully refreshed (P.P.E. topped off, items restored for their uses per day, spells/tattoos cast, that sort of thing).

I ask this because I think it is wise to be fully "locked and loaded" before we make one step onto Chinese soil in Rifts and also because it has probably been in the neighborhood of half a year in Real Life since Snowfall did this and I want to be certain my "numbers are right" (sorry for all of the quotations and such; the weather/pressure system here has me in headache land and my medicine, coffee, and chocolate haven't quite kicked in yet and I haven't been up for long today).

Also. Yeti. Forgive me for continuing to fail to remember to mention this (over the past two months, I must have thought of this half a dozen times while away from the keyboard), but Snowfall wanted to use his own powers as a Tattooed Dimensional Voyager to return the hapless yeti home (at least, I hope he/she lives in the Himalayas - that's the only place I know of that yeti come from). Again, not to intrude upon the flow of the game, but could we either briefly RP this (or better yet, say this was done so things my character wants don't slow down our game)?

Edit: Ack. Forgot to ping Psychie Psychie Rykon Rykon and dear Silanon Silanon to see if all this is good with you guys too?

I had pretty much planned on you guys being able to rest, eat and recharge while in Olympus. It will take slightly longer to recover the spent ppe and PE used in taking the yeti back to the Himalayas, since the one tattoo drains you of both, but other than that, no problem getting it done.

Sherwood Sherwood I will post Snowfall's magical preparations soon but later? I'm posting this for my phone and it's a little tough to read it all while I'm playing catch up. =)

Also, I plan on getting some details on the Yama Kings in China tomorrow. I'm away from my computer with my files right now, and I need to determine just how much to try and share with you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back