• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hopefully, I got all the numbers right... I'll update my sheet one of those days, goddammit... let's see:
Silanon Silanon Sil, being familiar with this feeling myself, I laughed out loud when I read this! Thank you for the smiles! Ha ha ha! =)

That maw - it ain't where he wants to be. Or anyone else, for that matter - that's why the group's here, right? There's the urge to strike as it closes in, to bury the steel in its hide once more; but this isn't a foe you want to take chances against. And thus, Eron ducks away from the bite, leaps backwards when the jaws still seem too close for comfort; gets quickly back to his feet with the unnatural grace that would put any cat to shame - hopefully.

dodge +16 thanks to the enhanced reflexes, I believe - that's an 18 total. Well, crap.
For Eron to turn a roll of 2 (as close to a failure as I can imagine without actually rolling a 1) into an 18 is... just crazy!

Get it? =)

Terra swears to herself when she sees that Eron is in the Aishwarra's mouth.

Psychie Psychie Hey, lady. Maybe give Sherwood's post another try? =)

An unexpected rock makes Eron stumble, keeping you from having the full level of your mobility that you are used to, and that causes the massive pincers to clamp down on you hard. You take a total of 40 MDC damage from the bite, and you are currently grabbed, but your arms are free to be able to act.

The Aishwarra appears to have Eron in its pincers, not its mouth.

I was not as clear as I could have been. It has a large mouth with ant-like mandibles that bit Eron, but with Terra's attack, it dropped him.

Sorry for any confusion.

EDIT: Or not? What just happened?

The Aishwarra either doesn't see your attack, didn't regard it as much of a threat, or was just too focused on chewing on Eron to dodge, so both the shots hit the belly as you wanted. It lets out another squeal of pain as the two shots burn into its chitin, and as a result, it does drop Eron back down to the ground. Luckily, Eron doesn't take any additional damage from the fall.

Maybe I'm wrong then? "Pincers" is throwing me off. Crabs have pincers (claws) while some insects like ants have pincers (mouth). The way I read it, the thing picked Eron up.

EDIT: Ah. Okay, thanks!

A lot of this wouldn't have been an issue around a tabletop, but with the PbP, it requires a more concise post to make sure that there is no confusion like this.

With future actions of the Aishwarra, I'll make sure to clarify between claws on its hands and pincers in the mouth better.

A lot of this wouldn't have been an issue around a tabletop, but with the PbP, it requires a more concise post to make sure that there is no confusion like this.
Right? I dearly miss tabletop, but at least here with Play-by-Post, we can look back (even years later) and see our posts, word-for-word! I really like that about Play-by-Post. =)

I can't agree with you more. At least we are able to continue to game even through Covid lockdowns and being across the nation - or the world - and be able to connect with friends.

Couldn't have said it better, Sherwood - and heck, I sure as hell wouldn't want to miss all the awesome stories I've been part of, and tabletop across oceans and timezones just ain't a thing, really.

And yes, agree with all of you. Miss tabletop, but love the friends here I’ve made over so many years. And that we can keep playing.

Glad to be here with you all.

You too, WlfSamurai! You are definitely "good people" and I enjoy role playing with you! Can't wait to see more of Sir Daggon! =)

Sherwood Sherwood how does attacking with my paired weapons work? I get two attacks and use two melee actions to do so, right?
WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Sherwood has not seemed to mind my stepping in from time to time when it comes to rules-related questions.

1. The Paired Weapons Strike versus a single target. A fighter with the Paired Weapons weapon proficiency may attack once with both weapons simultaneously. This causes double damage dice and damage bonuses if the Strike is successful, but at the cost of the attacker's Automatic Parry for that Action.

If the Strike results in your Critical Hit, it counts for both weapons. This is one big reason this technique is so deservedly feared.

Visualization: Imagine you have a fighting knife in each hand. Place your left hand above your right shoulder. Now place your right hand, elbow back, underneath your right shoulder. The tips of your weapons should be pointing to your right.

Now, slowly turn your body from the right to the left - your arms, torso, hips, and feet all move together in the process. You are cutting with both weapons but giving up your Parry defense as you do.

This is but one example of a basic Paired Weapons Strike.

1a. As defense, a fighter with Automatic Dodge or Automatic Roll may elect to use either of those instead. Your Character's Zanji Shinjinken Ryu provides Automatic Roll.

Other goodies. A fighter with Paired Weapons may attack attack two separate opponets.

A fighter with W.P. Paired Weapons may also Strike with one weapon and Parry with the other with full bonuses to each.

At the Game Master' discretion, a fighter with Paired Weapons may elect not to attack and gain the ability to Parry incoming strikes from multiple directions, including from the rear, as long as they have a weapon in each hand.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Sherwood has not seemed to mind my stepping in from time to time when it comes to rules-related questions.

1. The Paired Weapons Strike versus a single target. A fighter with the Paired Weapons weapon proficiency may attack once with both weapons simultaneously. This causes double damage dice and damage bonuses if the Strike is successful, but at the cost of the attacker's Automatic Parry for that Action.

If the Strike results in your Critical Hit, it counts for both weapons. This is one big reason this technique is so deservedly feared.

Visualization: Imagine you have a fighting knife in each hand. Place your left hand above your right shoulder. Now place your right hand, elbow back, underneath your right shoulder. The tips of your weapons should be pointing to your right.

Now, slowly turn your body from the right to the left - your arms, torso, hips, and feet all move together in the process. You are cutting with both weapons but giving up your Parry defense as you do.

This is but one example of a basic Paired Weapons Strike.

1a. As defense, a fighter with Automatic Dodge or Automatic Roll may elect to use either of those instead. Your Character's Zanji Shinjinken Ryu provides Automatic Roll.

Other goodies. A fighter with Paired Weapons may attack attack two separate opponets.

A fighter with W.P. Paired Weapons may also Strike with one weapon and Parry with the other with full bonuses to each.

At the Game Master' discretion, a fighter with Paired Weapons may elect not to attack and gain the ability to Parry incoming strikes from multiple directions, including from the rear, as long as they have a weapon in each hand.
Awesome! Thank you for that. I thought I remembered that you could strike with both at the same time.

That helps a ton.

Thanks for jumping in, Purr Purr ! I have had a busy few days, and will have my IC post up as soon as I can.

My pleasure, bud. If anyone knows about my lifelong interest in the martial arts, it's you. =)

So, I have +14 damage and another +1d6 when using a sword. That's all SD, right?

So, I think I'm looking at 5d6 MD + 1d6 SD + 14 SD.

With the Psi Sword, it would all be in MD, not SDC. Other than that, you're good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back