• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Tracking: he doesn't have the skill, but he is a Fox Spirit with supernatural senses and animal senses if that helps with anything.

Demons and Monster Lore: 96%
Fairie and creatures of Magic Lore: 81%
Dimensional Lore: 76%
Demon and Monster Lore got a 67%
Fairie and Creature of Magic got a 89%
Dimensonal Lore rolled a 23%

And from the lack of data, I guess Snowfall's senses don't help him here. Which is fine!

Thanks!

Oh Snap! Our new Cyber-knight buddy has got it going on with that roll!

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

A lot of good rolls. IC post will be up soon to describe what you've all been able to deduce.

Well, crap. That thing sounds nasty as hell. At least we now know quite well what's ahead.

Sherwood Sherwood Would the things Eron knows be enough to attempt a psionic seeking? It might not be specific enough yet...
Range: 1 mile (1.6 km) per level of experience.
Duration: Five minutes per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 6
With this power the character will be able to sense and possibly find any object or person he desires. The psychic needs to have some knowledge of the person or item he is trying to find. This knowledge can include meeting the person or touching the item in the past, having a picture of the person or item, having an item that belongs to the person he is searching for, or having the owner of the item present. The base chance of finding someone or something is 40% +5% per level of experience. If the character is looking for an item of his own, or a close friend or relative, he gains a +20% to this roll. Even if the character fails the roll to find the person or item, he will be able to sense whether or not the object is within his range.

You can give it a try with a minus on your roll, since you don't have any tangible link to it yet.

Alrighty, gave it a try just now - thanks! Not sure if the roll's good enough, but hey - it should pretty much be a free attempt with no drawback, right?

I'll wait for the result of the seeking for now - needless to say, Eron will share everything he knows after that.

Didn't ask, last time, was too busy not dying."
Silanon Silanon This made me laugh out loud! Hah! =)

Sherwood Sherwood If you are of a mind to, would you tell me in OOC terms what precisely Snowfall understands of the matter given his experiences, his education (Skills), and the rolls he made? I'm having a problem deciding what he should, in all fairness, know and not know. If you're too busy in your other games, just let me know and I'll wing it - I don't mean to burden you or take your focus from your other games.

Snowfall knows some of the details of the home dimension of the Grackle Tooths where this thing is from, and you do know that the Aishwarra is considered to be a 'all hands on deck' kind of foe, almost a (un)natural disaster that consumes the very life of the land and people it attacks. It does not specifically target psionic beings, and if given the choice , it will always go after the highest PPE beings first, working its way down the list of foes. That means that it will consider all of you to be a tasty snack for incubating its eggs.

So... in other words... Snowfall is best staying at 4,000 feet, preferably airborne, with his new laser rifle and the Badger there to replenish his E-clips. It's either that or become a small feast for this walking Black-Hole-of-a-Magic-Eating-Walking-Sarlaac-Pit. Glad I bought good rifle scopes.

Hope everybody has some way of doing damage without getting eaten.

Thanks for the quick reply. =)

Let me be clear that this thing is not immune to magic, it just uses PPE as its food supply. So using spells and other magic will hurt it.

That is clear; you never said it was. I'm just wishing Snowfall bought about half a dozen more Juicer JA-12's for the rest of the team is all. =)

Look, guys. I've recently been sharing my opinions enough around some people to apparently bring them down to the point of (the one thing I can't handle) dead silence instead of open communication, blessed resolution, and better understanding between friends. I've reached a point now I'm kind of afraid of openly speaking my mind among some folks here in RP Nation lest it happen again. Don't worry. It's just a phase. I'll move on eventually. So, Sherwood, don't think I'm trying to get you to change your game or big bad or whatever, all right?

Robert Downey Jr Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

I'm not saying the big bad is undefeatable or that it won't be an exciting challenge - I'm just saying that going with Snowfall now knows, and being the ranged combatant he prefers to be, there is no way in hell he is getting anywhere near close enough to that thing so it can swallow him. I mean... this thing literally survives and procreates by eating people like Terra and Snowfall. The 1st Edition AD&D dungeon-delver in me has come out. Therefore, I am not about to underestimate this thing and get eaten. And God knows if it has some kind of "snatch-and-grab" ranged abilities to pull us in.
So... playing Snowfall in-Character, never fighting the baddies on their terms, making them fight on your terms, being as armed as possible both in terms of tactics, teamwork, and tools, just like the Vampire Intelligence fight and the Mechanoids, is the way this Kitsune PC is looking to go. Literally up in the low-hanging clouds, shooting down on this darned thing. Or... maybe use the Glitter Boy GB-7s and be even farther out? I don't know. I've probably said too much already though.

Hope everybody has some way of doing damage without getting eaten.
Eron's effecitve fighting distance is about an arm's length away from that thing - so no worries there =)

The problem I'm seeing is that the coalition will have an eye on that thing - and they won't let us fire away at it for hours. Pretty sure we need to get in there, find a soft spot and get it done. Most things are more vulnerable from the inside, now that I think about it...

If there is some way Snowfall can buff Eron before he goes into melee, he'll help where he can.

Eron will take every single buff he can get. And a long, warm shower once it's done. I have the feeling that this might get real messy...
Do we have a sensible way to distract the creature? Just running up to that thing might be a bit suicidal...
Do we know the thing's speed? Could the badger easily outrun it, or not?

Good questions as always, Sil.

What did Eron learn about his experience in having fought the last one? What special abilities did it seem to have? To quote Dutch from the movie Predator, "If it bleeds, we can kill it."

predator GIF

Eron will take every single buff he can get. And a long, warm shower once it's done. I have the feeling that this might get real messy...
Do we have a sensible way to distract the creature? Just running up to that thing might be a bit suicidal...
Do we know the thing's speed? Could the badger easily outrun it, or not?
Good questions as always, Sil.

What did Eron learn about his experience in having fought the last one? What special abilities did it seem to have? To quote Dutch from the movie Predator, "If it bleeds, we can kill it."

predator GIF
The Aishwarra can run between 40-50 miles per hour, so the Badger can almost double its speed. Eron knows that the thing is vulnerable to and is very afraid of fire. However, the Aishwarra has been known to brave a fire in order to get its claws on a high PPE being (70+ points) then run away. It has no ranged attacks other than its own natural long reach and its mouth tentacles that it uses to entangle its food and pull it into its mouth to be ingested into the stomach.

It can track its prey by its psychic 'scent', with a range of many miles, and the Aishwarra can bio-regenerate entire limbs in a matter of a few days, less if it has a good supply of PPE to draw on in its food storage sacks.

I have a feeling Daggon will end up real close to it, too.

I don't think you're saying anything outrageous or crazy, Purr Purr . I think that's more RP opportunity. None of our characters want to die. If Snow speaks up and says this shit is cray, we should not jump into it and instead talk more about how to swing it to our advantage.

Eron already mentioned how insane these can be. Snow saying the same would mean maybe we should "scout it out" further, formulate a plan, and bring a lot more effing people. And guns. And tanks. And mechs. Etc...

Daggon has been around. He's fought Demons (in theory). If we need to step back to put ourselves in a better position, AD&D-style, we should do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back