• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

martyryourself

Hello all,

It's been a while, but I am back and looking for a new roleplay partner. I have some rough plots we could pursue, but I would be open to other suggestions. First, some personal guidelines:

- Please be 18+. No offense, just personal preference. I'm 22 and it's more comfortable for me if you're in a similar age range.

- I'm looking for someone willing to drive a plot with me. I don't want someone just responding to the scenarios I create, throw some twists my way. My favorite thing about collaboration is responding to your unexpected input. Communicate things with me, I can't know what to do better if you aren't giving me useful feedback. More than just roleplay, I'm looking for something closer to a writing partner. I want to be able to workshop plots and characters and build up my writing skills.

- Cut me some slack, I'm happy to do the same for you. My life gets really hectic, I can't promise immediate responses.

- My mains are always female and I'm most comfortable with someone who uses male main characters. If I like what you have to offer though, I might consider fxf pairings as well, we can talk. For side characters, of course, I do whichever gender seems applicable.

- I don't work in realistic settings. I prefer made up fantasy worlds, countries, or cities, even in my futuristic plots.

- Boundaries: Character romance is one thing, but I don't do smut. I do like including pairings in my plotlines, but what I really crave is a good story, where relationships are slowly built up with the plot. Characters don't instantly fall for each other, especially with the plots I prefer. Most importantly, these are characters for me, I exclusively work in third person.

- Story elements I'm into: enemies turned partners, secret backstories/mystery elements, double agents, main character tragedies, playful aggression/competitiveness, psychological twists, etc.

- Finally, length requirements are so limiting, but I do expect you to be making an attempt to match what I'm putting in. My starters will run long, but usually I like hovering around two paragraphs. Obviously I also understand situations where you just won't need to include the amount I do (or vice versa). I'm not a professional, I won't be cranking out multi-page replies.

TL; DR 18+, romance but not smut, 3rd person perspective, on Discord. I always play the female and I'm looking for someone to play male main characters, match my length, throw twists my way, communicate expectations, and not get upset if I don't have time to respond for a few days.

I'm willing to be flexible and I'm excited to find someone to create a really captivating story with!

Here's what I'm working on, in order of preference. In both I am looking for a male character, but if you have tweaks or ideas I'd be willing to listen. If you are interested, please feel free to private message me.

Modern civilization is a thing of the past and in its place is a scarred and barren country. A handful of cities were remade in the ruins and militia groups rose to power, resulting in a mesh of tribes no longer unified under a single government. Impartial to their rule, your character owns and operates a tavern on the outskirts of habitable territory, serving as a last stop before the true wastelands begin in the frozen North.

My character is a scavenger in the surrounding area who uses your establishment as a meeting spot, selling her findings to all sorts of buyers. You've learned to keep an eye on her and more than once you've considered confronting her about the suspicious clientele she brings around, but they always drink a lot and she never stays long before disappearing again.

During one particularly risky meeting however, a fight breaks out and in the chaos your building is destroyed. Absolutely livid, you chase the scavenger from the wreckage, demanding reparation. She's always ready to make a deal and promises she can pay you back - if you just wait for her to finish the other job she's working on. You've watched some of her previous arrangements play out in the past though and you don't trust her in the slightest. She claims the job is a long shot, even for her, but you insist on accompanying her until she can produce the payment. Are you both getting in over your head? Does a perilous trip force trust that develops into a bond? Is she going to ditch you before you even get to the mark?

(You'll need to have some fun side characters to toss in the mix and don't hold back on your character's backstory, this is a very open-ended role.)

In Roman mythology, the caladrius were pure white birds that supposedly had healing abilities. If they looked into the eyes of a person they could absorb their sickness, pain, or injury. For this plot, they will be a rare human race with the similar abilities.

In the past, the caladrius existed peacefully with humans, offering their abilities in exchange for protection and reverence. They are a fragile people, distinguishable from humans by their snow-white hair. Healing comes at a painful physical cost for the caladrius. One would be drastically weakened, debilitated by the damage they had absorbed. Depending on the severity of the injuries they healed, the caladrius would be afflicted for anywhere from a few hours to weeks on end. Due to this expense, they used their powers sparingly. Human greed had no patience for their discomfort however, and they were soon hunted and imprisoned, forced to serve their human captors one after the other, with no time to rehabilitate themselves after extending their powers. They were taken for granted, used up and tossed aside, until hardly any remained. A rare few were kept under careful watch by wealthy people, either to prolong their master's lives or to be essentially rented out at even higher prices. The others were hunted relentlessly, rumored to have taken up refuge in the dense forest at the base of a mountain range.

Your character is essentially a bounty hunter, with a stellar reputation. You find yourself employed by a rich man who has tasked you with finding his caladrius (my character). To your surprise, she shows up on your doorstep one night. She doesn't know he's already contacted you, but she brings an impressive amount of money and asks to hire you herself.

(I'm leaning towards a medieval/fantasy setting for this one, but it could work in a futuristic setting too, so if you have a preference let me know)

In an ancient kingdom, a monster sits on the throne. He is a tyrannical ruler with an insatiable need for power, rapidly consuming much needed resources in his quest to dominate other kingdoms. He acts with complete disregard for the wellbeing of his subjects, save for a handful of noble clans that support his endeavors. Your character is a brutal and fiercely loyal captain of the guard.

A small act of disobedience in an attempt to avenge her younger sister snowballed into a cry for rebellion, and my character has found herself as the leader of a small resistance. Her village lies on the outskirts of the kingdom, precariously close to an ally's farmlands. The proximity prevents a direct attack, but if she is successful in uniting the other villages it could pose a serious threat to the king's position and so you are tasked with infiltrating the village and kidnapping the rebel leader.

Upon arriving, it is clear these people aren't fighters. In order to gain their trust you pose as an ex-soldier and offer to help prepare them for combat. Working closely with my character, you develop a respect for her command that builds into deeper feelings for her. The king is impatient for results however, and side characters threaten to reveal your identity. Will you abandon your loyalty to your position and help overthrow the king? Will someone out you first and ruin your chances?

(It's not a very involved part, but I would appreciate you being able to write the king's role as well so my character's obliviousness to their plans can feel authentic.)

*If it seems like I'm standoffish at first or too focused on the writing, don't worry, I'll warm up to you. I'm just not the best at conversations...*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back