• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
As the wolf disengaged, Annika took the opportunity to reload. She felt her arm throb with it's new bite marks, blood oozing from the deep wounds into her sleeve. Annika's face twitched a scowl, a grimace, before returning to it's normal blank slate. She didn't bother to quip at it, wolves don't understand the human language of course. Her pistol clicked in satisfaction after being fed another mag, but her left arm reminded her that she wasn't going to be able to aim properly if she didn't take care of it soon. This mutt was in her way, and whether or not it came from another universe with different rules, and it ate bullets and spat them out randomly, she would still do her job, and get rid of anyone standing in her way. Even this creature.

Her eyes scanned for distance and cover, spotting a broken concrete traffic barrier a short sprint down the dock. She left behind Drake and vaulted over the barrier in one swift motion, ending her momentum and spinning around to pump lead into the creature's mask. It was then that she noticed the shield, but she didn't care. She trained herself to make do with what she had at the moment. Even if she didn't have the shield, she would still react the same careful way as she would've before.

-x-

Victoria's eyes narrowed as she spotted the writhing shadow that stalked towards them. "Come on bastard!" She muttered to herself, readying her guns as it began to step out of the mist. Swallowtail quivered on her shelf, her arm quietly trying to reach out and find something solid to grasp and give her a sense of direction. Just as the creature materialised, a swathe of red lasers rained down onto it's body. The monster's shriek only gave her the signal to open fire, each handcannon asking a deadly question with each trigger pull. "Will you die?" Victoria's steely gaze and gritted teeth prompted the monster to answer correctly, and to make her life easier. She's just gotten to this strange portal-world, and she was already sick of it's shit.

From the rate of the warm fluid pooling around her, Swallowtail was beginning to have her wounds around her face close. She did not want to open her eyes, even if they were healed, because she didn't want to add more to the fluid than already necessary. She heard Tori's guns going off, but she was blind, she didn't want to get in the way just yet. Instead, she made herself as small as possible on the shelf, scooting inwards so hopefully, if Victoria decided to leave her and come back, the monster wouldn't find her.

TheresaMelania TheresaMelania FearItself FearItself

Anthony

The gangster slowly climbed to his feet. He lowered his pistols looking at the woman and the massive cat with a look that changed from fear to irritation. He knew he couldnt get them before they killed him again. The very thought made him chuckle as the thin lines of scar tissue faded into nothing. "Hell if i know female. i dont exactly make it a habit of dying. It's actually my first time. Gotta say not as bad as everyone makes it out to be." He started grinning as he spoke looking beyond the woman and her cat. The grin finally broke when he chuckled holding up his hand in a wait signal. In the street the other men he had gathered a good distance from the jewelry shop. They were in the middle of the street about 50ft away from the door. Two held pistols one a 9mm one .45 caliber. But the man in the middle held the Ak-47 and the look in his eyes said he wasnt a stranger to killing. All of the weapons were trained on the store itself. "That being said it doesnt look like you have much more time to find out. Curious as i am there is a question digging at me alot more. Why the f$%k did you come and kill my boys?" he rose the guns as he spoke aiming the hollowpoints at the woman and the Armor piercing at the Leopard. "Oh and you probably shouldnt move, in case you were wondering."
TheresaMelania TheresaMelania
~~~
Zudo

He smiled a bit as she grabbed the spear and his smile continued as she darted around him blindingly fast. However his smile faded when she regarded herself as his ruler. He sighed lowering his head and closing his eyes. This created an opening but it also took his eyes out of the equation. Speed can trick the eye, but not the nose,nor the ear, but most importantly the sensation of touch. He heard her wingbeats shift, he smelled the scent of Ozone as her spearhead cut through the air faster than any arrow. Yet as soon as the tip of the tblade shifted the air into his skin his Dagger moved at mind numbing speeds and pushed the spearhead aside. His other hand tightened into a fist and moved equally fast towards Anthera's Abdomen. The air cracked in front of the blow as the fist broke the sound barrier mere inches away from the Bee womans abdomen.

The impact would unleash a tremendous shockwave and a sound like thunder while launching the bee woman back at nearly the speed of sound. In the moments after the impact Zudo would take ths magic he had gathered and charge it into his palms. Before looking up. "A few words of wisdom. First learn your own power before bringing it into battle. Second study your opponents before assuming your own superiority. Thirdly and this one pertains to me specifically, always remember... I have no rulers." his words carried very well across the park however he punctuated the sentence by fireing a bolt of eerie opague energy at the ground beneath his feet causing a massive explosion. It spread at least 30 meters and the pressure wave would ripple through the entire park and shatter several dozen windows in the buildings ground floors. More importantly however it kicked up a massive amount of debris clouding nearly 3/4th of the park in dust, dirt, and smoke. However Zudo was gone, in his place a deep smoldering crater.
~~~
Aether

The princesses face became a wash of confusion as Seth grabbed her wound and she felt it melt away beneath his grasp. Even the pain seemed to subside. She eyed him warily before asking. "What was that? Ive never seen any magic like that before." He question seemed to be punctuated by a loud popping sound followed by a louder boom, then an eerie pause before a huge boom filled the air and vibrations shook her feet before a wave of dust and debris blew into the Alley. "We should probably keep moving this area probably isn't safe." she put a hand on seths shoulder giving him a look of gratitude she hoped would show through the debris.
~~~
Bobby

He remained silent for a few more minutes as he thought about a way to describe it. "It was alot like this world i guess, humans lived there. They achieved world peace, then aliens came and wiped out almost all of them..." he seemed to oause for a few more moments when he spoke up again. "I was made to be a symbol of hope for my people, but i failed them. When i fell into this world the last of humanity was in the process of being massacred." he seemed to be having some discomfort in discussing this which showed him to be far lore human than he looked.
~~~
Tidus

The Fishman had just grabbed another car to throw when he was approached by the first of these land dwellers to have courage enough to approach him. She chuckled as she questioned him a deep guttural cackle. "You dare question my right? I am Tidus King of the Depths, Lord of the Hydronauts. That is my right. I slew the gods of hydros and if this worlds gods wish to dispute my rule i shall slay them as well." he punctuated his words by hurling the car like a multi thousand pound missile at the woman saying "You will not live to see the fall of this worlds gods." raising his trident menacingly to prepare for combat.
NovaAres NovaAres Unchosen Unchosen
~~~

Monsters

The wolf snarled up towards Akuma as Annika moved behind cover. It seemed to focus on Akuma, even taking a step toward him, until Annika fired at it once again from behind cover. It opened its jaws and snapped in her direction as several more bullets hit its mask. All of a sudden, the largest crack reached across the mask and it split, the same glow as the liquid dripping from its mouth spread between the cracks which widened, spreading the pieces apart like a slow-motion explosion. On the wind, a faint sound of chanting and music with a dark pounding rhythm floated. All of a sudden the wolf howled and grew in proportion to the mask as it split apart. It charged for Annika’s position, stepping up onto the concrete barrier, and then launched itself at Akuma. Although it did not hit Annika directly, the liquid pouring from its mask and jaws splattered around as it moved. Mid-air its body began to dissolve until only the mask and teeth flew, attempting to take a bite of Akuma. It’s final attack spent, the wolf disappeared, leaving behind its mask of bone with none of the strange liquid on it, falling from the sky.

~~~

The black mass of the monster shrieked with every laser or bullet that pierced it. With every hit its body became less obvious in the mist as it struggled closer to Victoria. It got within a foot, its eyes glaring out from the blackness filled with a dark hunger and a driving need to kill. Although it began to reach out with one of its limbs which constantly reformed, it fell short as the barrage of damage took its toll. The black mist suddenly shrank in on itself, consuming the entirety of the monster, until a small ball the size of a marble and full of roiling blackness hit the ground in front of them.

archur archur

~~~
Harima and Eskal

Harima looked over the man before her, curious about this strange ability he demonstrated to heal everything she and Eskal had dished out. She saw him give the signal to his men and was not surprised by their approach as she and Eskal had both heard them taking position. Although she assumed they had weapons similar to the one the man had used on her, she was also willing to bet she could avoid whatever they had at this distance especially if they could get into the shadows. She was less certain that she could avoid the attack from this man in front of her. She grinned at him and slid her knives into their sheaths before putting her hands out just in front of her body, palms up. “Stand down, Eskal. Perhaps we’ve found our first potential ally.” The giant panther chuffed but lowered himself to the floor laying like the Sphinx and giving Anthony the evil eye. “We attacked because your ‘boys’ were a threat to us. It was likely that if we revealed ourselves, they would have acted against us and then we would be at a disadvantage. Am I incorrect? What would you have done in our situation? So now the question is, are you going to continue to be a threat to us or realize we could be good allies? At least until we go our separate ways.”

FearItself FearItself

~~~
Anthera

Anthera attempted to move out of the way from Zudo’s punch but was only partly successful. The blow landed on the side of her abdomen and she cried out in pain as she was launched backwards before hitting a tree some distance away which splintered completely and fell backwards, though because of her light weight and the counter force of her wings, it did manage to halt her momentum. As Zudo disappeared, she managed to stand, coughing up blood as she did so. She turned to look at the remains of her forces as the dust settled and sighed at the abysmal turnout. “You! Return to the Hive, deliver the news, and bring reinforcements. We need to establish a stronghold here. And bring a healer!”

~~~
Seth

Seth looked at Aether with astonishment and then shook his head to clear his mind. “I don’t know what that was… I could just see that your… aura wasn’t right. And I needed to fix it. Are you saying you don’t see the glow around yourself and the man with you?” He asked incredulously. Then shook his head again. “You’re right, we should get moving. We need to find out where Headquarters are and get there.” He pulled out his phone and saw that he had a message. “They established a base of operations under the IBM building on Fifth Avenue. That’s not far from here.”

~~~
Amana

“Ah, one of the alternate Earths then,” Amana responded, nodding to herself. “It sounds familiar. I may have been to your dimension before, though not in recent times. I understand you must feel some pain at losing your people.” Despite what she said, no emotion touched her voice and she continued to scan the area around them. “It should not be much further to our destination. They turned the corner and down the street several blocks still they could see a minotaur attempting to skewer some being on its horns. “In fact, I believe that beast is at our destination. Should we render aid?”

FearItself FearItself Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Helrica
Penn Station Parking
Interactions: Sarah Unchosen Unchosen , Tidus FearItself FearItself

Where the car went, Helrica was not, rolling forward from the danger, to their feet and circling back to see the impact as it crashed against their former position, then turning to Tidus. "You are no king of mine and your gods were weak!" They said to Tidus, as they begun their charge. They ran at a speed that blurred them to sight, a glow of magic about them, seeming to move from point to point like a flowing river: a single, continuous motion. They zig-zagged between obstacles without breaking the charge, never losing the momentum that ended in them aiming to impact Tidus's legs with a stone-shattering ram.

The wolf had lost focus on her for a moment, and charged straight up at some sort of flying Paladin with strange colors. How'd he get here? Another portal from Speed City? If there's a paladin here, then that must mean that she's being tracked as well.

Shit.

She held her position as the wolf charged straight at her, Annika pumping it full of lead as she did, but then it bounded up the barrier up at the armored man, spraying acid all across her body. Instinctively, she used her left arm to block, and the fluid found itself into her open wounds. On the bright side, at least her eyes were safe from the chemical. Though she felt immense pain in the bite marks in her arm, she didn't show any sign of it. Instead, she simply knelt and reached into her 'hunt' -as it was labeled in cursive- bag. She pulled up her sleeve and wrapped a small roll of gauze around her wound and yanked it tight. The inside of the gauze was lined with a bath of cleansing chemicals seals in a plastic-like substance meant to dissolve safely into the bloodstream. Didn't mean that it didn't hurt either, Annika allowed herself to suck in air through her teeth as she put the gauze away. Blood clearly began to soak up in the fabric, but it didn't spread much further past the immediate bite marks she had wrapped up. She barely eyed the mask before disregarding it. It wasn't vital to the mission, and she didn't take trophies.

Annika didn't waste any time with trying to figure out who that armored figure was and instead went to retrieve her gun, Drake, and continue the hunt. She vaguely remembered that they had disappeared further into the docks, so she picked her way to the storage containers to see if the demon had childishly hidden herself in one.

-x-

Victoria gritted her teeth as she hammered bullet after bullet into the creature's body, aiming for limbs, then for the main mass before the limbs regenerated again. She hated dealing with regenerating creatures, no matter how much firepower you had, it usually didn't put them down until a little bit of pyrotechnics were introduced. The creature raced towards her, and Victoria shouted a war cry as she got in spitting distance, before it finally broke, coalescing into a little ball. Must've had crap regen, she fully expected to have to do something obscene to kill it. Whatever, easy wins are wins nonetheless. She grinned to herself as she plucked the marble from the ground, bringing it close to her face to observe the roiling shadow within. Cool. Time to get going. "Hey! Red!" She shouted, trying to located the demon before they headed out.

"Tor..." Swallowtail weakly called. Tori almost forgot that Red had nearly expended herself in trying to kill this thing. "Where are ya girl?" Tori shouted, a bout of coughing leading her to a curled up demon, squished into an empty shelf. "I-I can't see." Swallowtail whimpered. The mercenary lightly brushed her thumb across the demon's eyelids, not feeling the firm shape of an eyeball underneath quite yet. It grossed her out, but this was her protege, she had to protect her. She wrapped an arm around the thin torso of the demon and pulled her out of the shelf into a piggyback ride. Red wrapped her arms around Tori's stomach, and Victoria held her in place whilst having hands to still aim and shoot two of her three guns.

"You okay back there?" Victoria prodded, eliciting a little groan from the demon. "Alright. We're going to see if we can lose this sniper in the city, so don't be frightened by the buildings when you can see again." "thankies" Swallowtail whispered. Sure, the mercenary gave off a rude exterior, but she still had something of a heart left for Swallowtail to latch onto. The two began to make their way out of the docks the same way they had got in, towards the skyline.

Last edited:
Harloteck
interactions: TheresaMelania TheresaMelania
harloteck internally laughed as the minitour swung around to attempt to impale the larazit, swing his board tail at the minitours feet as it swung itself around, harloteck instead biting the beast straight on the head yes, thats right he bit the thing on the face getting his jaws stuck deep into its flesh

Sarah
Urban Alleyways
Interactions: Helrica Tidus NovaAres NovaAres FearItself FearItself
Sarah watched as her new companion actively confronted the massive foe. She considered informing Helrica of the possible outcomes, but it was already to decided that combat was their new situation. She hid from the car as it crashed violently past the two of them. Quickly, Helrica's superhuman abilities proved they were capable of defeating Tidus; though she worried their literal head-on approach would endanger themselves. "Be careful!" She called out to Helrica.
Sarah brainstormed ways to assist Helrica in combat. "Think damnit!" She commanded herself, before forming a stalagmite in the air in front of her with her water. She hardened it into ice and slung it through the air with as much force as she could at Tidus.

Victoria carried Swallowtail deeper into the city, zig-zagging between throngs of spacefaring horrors and fantasy world sprites. The two came across a massive building that Victoria immediately recognized on seeing it: Penn Station Museum, a relic of Speed City's past kept as a major historical monument, since most city travel happened on the grav-rails or astrocrafts. The mercenary paused upon seeing the monument, void of the excessive banners and displays that plagued it's surface back home, admiring for a moment what it looked like closer to it's prime, before the war.

The sound of screeching metal skidding past her sent her back to reality, barely sidestepping the wreckage of a primitive wheeled astrocraft as it sailed past her, all of her clothes whipping in the wind as it found it's final resting place in the side of a building, burying itself into a shop's storefront. Her head snapped to the direction it came from. From the roaring threats and booming insults, she could only assume it was from the two figures brawling in the nearby parking lot.

"Tori! We have to help them!" Swallowtail croaked. "Great, you can finally see, and you immediately want to go back into danger?" The mercenary rolled her eyes and let her demon drop to her feet. "Look! She's fighting the big man! We have to help!" The demon urged, frantically pointing to the battle taking place. "No, we don't." A massive pillar of ice began to coalesce in a nearby alleyway, aimed straight for the massive fish. "See? She has help, she'll be fine. Why do you want to help her anyways?" The woman shouted some sort of retort at the beast as she charged, filling the silence Swallowtail kept. "It's because she has horns, isn't it?" Slowly, the demon nodded. "You think you've magically fucking found one of your kind that isn't evil? Seriously Red? We've killed enough demons, I don't want to go through the effort of saving another, being roped along because demons are evil, and then having to put it out of it's misery. This has happened every single time, and you know this for a fact!" Swallowtail furrowed her eyebrows and sat on the ground, arms crossed.

"Are you kidding me?" The mercenary groaned. "You're such a fucking kid sometimes Red! We're supposed to be finding a way out and your first priority is making friends with a demon, when you know that every time we've done that, we had to kill them WITHIN MINUTES OF SAVING THEIR LIFE?" Swallowtail turned her entire body around on the sidewalk, facing away from Victoria. "Fine." She caved. "We'll help them, but if she's a demon, we're going to have to put a bullet in her brains, no questions asked. Deal?" Swallowtail stayed silent. "Five minutes! You get five minutes before we kill her for being a demon! C'mon, we don't have time to waste. We've got a hunter chasing us, remember?" Swallowtail stood up, smirking evilly. She knew just how to twist Victoria's arm in just the right way. Plus, she knew deep down that Victoria was looking for a good fight, and that this fish guy, and maybe the primitive looking horned woman would provide that. Victoria ran to cover behind a parked car off the side of the street, and Swallowtail sprinted as fast as she could to the other 'demon', arcane sigils forming just above her readied palms, little sparks of hateflame licking her fingertips from their infernal conjuration circle they were barely contained in.

NovaAres NovaAres Unchosen Unchosen FearItself FearItself

Tidus

The fishman's nostrils flared as he took in the scents around him identifying two surface dwellers one of whome he had missed entirely. He was actually a bit surprised when the woman who spoke to him initially rushed him, she was fast, and easily slipped through the vehichles and debris before slamming the strange weapon of hers into his Left leg. He made no effort to block or dodge the attack, no he wanted to see what these surface dwellers had to offer. The Ram stopped flat on his leg letting out a loud clang as it slammed into his armor. Vibrations reverberated through the armor but died out the moment they hit his boney plates beneath. His leg didnt seem to budge at all and a smile spread beneath his helmet. "Yes, the Gods of Hydros were weak. Already you have shown more fight in your heart than those weak cowards." as he spoke he swooped his trident upwards seemingly aimed at nothing until at the middle of the swing it slammed into the ice spike coming his way shattering it into powdery snow.

He detected two more scents begining to close in so he let the trident crackle with electrical power before he brought it back down. When the trident came down he didnt need to aim the attack, the impact on the ground was tremendous, windows shattered in the buildings adjacent to the lot he was in. A rippling wave of pavement was launched from his position outward pushing cars and debris up into a deadly rolling cloud of debris. As if all of that was not enough electrical arcs filled the air crackling between any metal object leaving the smell of ozone in the air.
"However being stronger than weaklimgs does not make you strong enough to face me surface dweller." he cackled his voice carrying far in the now smouldering debris filled lot.
archur archur NovaAres NovaAres Unchosen Unchosen
~~~

Akuma

As the battle unfolded beneath him akuma was busily replaying the creatures responses to the attack he had launched. They seemed to shift in and out of being solid and if he could find their frequency while shifted he could still hit them. However he was dragged out of thought by his A.I telling him an attacker was inbound. As such he rose in his elevation slightly while listing away from the oncoming creature and preparing to unleash a huge blast at the creature. However his preperations were seemingly unnessicary as the creature fizzled out leaving behind only a strange mask which he scooped up in a force field before it hit the ground. "Now find me that sniper, we need to have a talk." he said getting the usual sarcastic reply.
archur archur
~~~

Anthony

As the daggers slid into their Sheathes so to did the guns fall into their holsters, or at least Anthonies. "Nah cant say that your wrong. Honestly we wouldve killed you or worse. But it seems we are at a bit of an crossroads here. Now i had no idea i was an immortal but that certainly changes plans." his boys slowly crept closer but kept their weapons drawn whereas he wandered off into the shop stroking his chin. "What are you after lady? You want money? Jewels? Gear? Whatever it is i have a deal to make with you. Turns out im a member of Gang who runs things in a part of this city, but theres a bunch of others out there. You help me make it so that there isnt a bunch of others, and ill get you whatever your little murderous heart desires. You give my boss the kingdom...then ill take it from him and give your a fair cut." several of his boys began to twist their brows amd protest the betrayal of the boss yet anthony silenced them quickly by drawing his gun and firing off two shots before they could even take aim at him. The third guy the man with the Ak-47 just chuckled "Damn Antho, you couldn't let me work them over some? We couldve had more guys." as he spoke he had already began liberating their corpses of their guns and loot.
~~~
Bobby

The andriods eyes scanned the battle playing out before them and gave nod in response to his companions questioning. He noted the Lizard man carried a weapon and other supplies that indicated intelligence which the minotaur lacked "Yes, split up and divide its attention. We can set up perfectly while its occupied with the Reptile." as he spoke he moved into his position behind the minotaur. After waiting for the white haired woman to make it to her positon he moved in firing a stream of buckshot at the back of the minotaurs legs, chambering another round and fireing again, and again. He managed to get out four shells as he crossed the distance. "COME ON YA OVERGROWN COW, IM IN THE MOOD FOR BURGERS." he shouted at the minotaur hoping to get its attention on him long enough fo the Reptile and the woman to bring the beast down.
TheresaMelania TheresaMelania Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
~~~
Aether

The princess gestured for Seth to lead as he mentioned the base. "Interesting...no i cannot see any colored aaura'sat least not usually. If you can see someones magical aura odds are theyre about to hit you very hard. If your seeing it without the person having powered up then i have no idea what that is. Though im glad you have it." she smiled and held up her arm as she shepherded the survivors Zudo had gathered after them. Her brow furrowed in confusion as she noticed the cow was still following them and was seemingly unscathed. It mooed softly as it passed her as if trying to say excuse me.
~~~
Zudo

By the time his foot hit the ground again he was already several miles away from the location of the park. However he had some serious issues, he had gotten a bit carried away and scattered Aethers scent along with all the debris in the park. Worse yet he couldnt sense her magic, meaning she was likely laying low. But the biggest issue he had was the fact that he was very definitively lost. He stood atop one of the massive towers of the bridge trying to get his bearings. He could see the debris cloud of the Park, and another explosion in the distance which crackled with electrical energy. Sadly he couldnt get a very good semse of direction from his position after all most of the parks defining features were hidden behind a slowly settling cloud. The sound of screams below drew his attention away from his thoughts as he noticed a strange hulking froglike creature chasing what seemed to be a small family. Deciding he couldnt just turn his back on those people he leapt from the point he stood falling quickly and quitely between the creature and the family. All of them were still startled when he grabbled the lower jaw of the from creature and pushed his palm into its stomach snatching it off of its feet and spinning it once before casting it off of the bridge and several hundred meters out to sea.
"Scuse me you wouldnt happen to have a Map would you?" he asked the family who stood jaws open staring at the man who just fastballed the monster away from them.
~~~
Chroma

As he stepped out of the red portal the rainbow clad man was immediately greeted by an immense and unending roar and a whole lot of water. He only needed to look ahead to see why, he had stepped out into a river and ahead of him was the largest waterfall he had ever seen in his life. He wasted no time gathering his telekinetic energy in a bubble around himself. This forced the water to release its grip on him and he rose slowly out of the river letting himself land gently on the stone without bothering to dry himself.

He could sense weak Chi signatures from below, normal people going about their day...and a strange source of alternate chi. Not human but not entirely animal either. It felt far more malicious and the sounds of screams starting to reach his ears as they adjusted to the roar of the fountain confirmed their nefarious intentions. He closed his eyes as he focused on each of these strange Chi signatures. It was easy because they were stronger than the average human, but still there were almost a hundred of them. He felt a humans Chi be snuffed out and his nostrils flared in anger.

The stone he stood on exploded as he launched himself towards the tourist cabin, ferry dock ,and resturant near the falls. As soon as he landed he let loose an invisible telekinetic strand for each of the strange creatures which he could now see werelarge bee's the size of people. When the tethers were tied to each of them he pulled them in while he unleashed his chi into a flaming aura. While he had only intended on getting their attention and powering up for combat he was surprised to find that these creatures were less formidable than he had initially thought. The vast majority of them were completely destroyed by the flare up, those that remained were broken and damaged beyond the abilty to fight and would likely not survive their wounds.

"Huh...lame. i thought you were looking for a fight, guess not." the humans who had moments ago been under assault by a deadly swarm now stood confused as the swell of Chi washed over them without any ill effect. "Uhh...thanks mister?" one of them said only to be equally confused when the man they spoke too was no longer there to be found. He had already leapt back to the top of the falls deciding that this place would do as good as any as his next spot to relax and judging by the fact that the portal which brought him there had vanished, he didnt have much say anyway.
~~~​

Hunter
Mentions: FearItself FearItself TheresaMelania TheresaMelania
Hunter continued to remain absolutely still.. there where more creatures showing up... no just the fish man creature thing? The damage he dealt reminded him very much of the power of the lichtech that oversaw his home the walker...before... seems they had decided to all get into a fight a perfect time for the demon to slip away.. shoving the flintlock into his bag unfortunately for the demon the fish mans had decided to throw up a huge attack lighting arching toward the tools contained within hunters bag the blast sending the demon flying through the air and into a car... luckily for him, hunter was the resilient sort of creature after all he was..”born” in a mana reactor.. not that it meant anything but it meant something to hunter. Who had lost any hope of getting out of here without being spotted since he really did manage to make a bit of a entrance

Minotaur and Amana

The minotaur bellowed in pain as Harloteck's teeth were buried in the flesh between its eyes. But now it knew where its opponent was. It reached up with its giant hands and grasped at Harloteck, attempting to rip him off and then throw him into a nearby building. During its attempt it spun toward Bobby's voice, snorting in anger at the sounds of another intruder into its territory.

At the same time, Amana nodded at Bobby's instructions and stalked around the border while drawing her saber with one hand and pulling out a metallic rod in the other which expanded into a spear. She silently crept behind the creature as it spun toward Bobby and when she was directly behind it, she sliced the back of one knee with her blade and stabbed the spear into its lower side before pulling it back out in one quick motion.

FearItself FearItself Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

~~~
Harima and Eskal

Harima listened to Anthony, her head tipped slightly to the side as she focused on his words. Her smile grew as he began asking her what she wanted and proposed his deal. "I'm looking for allies to help me further my goals... but I wouldn't turn down jewels and equipment. If all you need is help killing some men, well, you know how good I am at killing." Her smile became sharp and disconcerting. Eskal growled slightly and rose, stalking toward the corpses which he smelled with interest. Her expression only showed mild interest when he gunned down two of the men. "What is this weapon you use?"

~~~
Seth

Seth nodded at Aether's words, his lips twisted as he considered the implications of these new... abilities that he was developing. "We should continue moving. The IBM building isn't far. Can you run? I don't think we want to get caught by something else nasty coming through these portals. And we need intel. That's the best place to get it." He looked over at the cow, grimacing, "Hopefully the cow can run too."

~~~
Random Family

The family looked up at Zudo with their jaws open and amazement along with a healthy dose of fear in their eyes. The mom shook her head and stuttered, "We don't..." But at the same time her husband spun around and found the nearest vehicle with shattered windows, reaching into the back of the car and searching the back pocket of the seats. He pulled out a map, unfolded it, and thrust it at Zudo. On one side there was detailed map of the streets of New York along with labelled attractions and the other had zoom-ins of a few major areas.

"HEY FISHFACE!"

The demon shouted over the sound of attacks clattering uselessly against the fishman's armor. The results of her apparent ally's efforts were disconcerting, but not entirely discouraging. "EAT TH-" She bit her own tongue as the monster smashed the butt of his trident into the pavement, sending wave-like ripples through the concrete. Windows violently shattered from the sheer force, and car alarms began to pollute the air with their wails. Swallowtail fell over after tumbling through the air.

She landed a few feet away from a curb, hitting the ground pretty hard. She definitely had more bruises now than before, and by the throbbing pain and taste of iron in her mouth, she bit pretty deep into her tongue. Most grievous of her injuries was to her favorite bomber jacket, which had a large black stain down the back where she skidded across the ground. That probably wasn't gonna wash out easily. And it's her favorite bomber, with the fluffies on the neck!

That's it, he's gettin' it now.

"FIBSHFACE!" She shouted again, her hands already tracing in the air massive rune circles. "EAHT THIBS!"

A series of rotating arcane symbols appeared within the circle, before dissolving in an all consuming gout of fire, as thick as a car and as long as it needed to be to get to the monster.

FearItself FearItself NovaAres NovaAres

~x~

Ms. Kingsmill didn't have as bad as a time as her cohort did, being on the outskirt of the radius. Only shards of glass rained on her, but her hard skin didn't give any heed to the sharp hail. Her cover had been flung into the building above her, so she decided to move towards the alley where the ice crystal had originated from to not get crushed by the car when it decides to dislodge itself.

She saw some sort of thin civvy hiding just out of sight, hands up in the air.

"What the hell are you doing here civ?! There's real danger here, and I'm not about to get more blood on my contract! Get out of here while you can before that thing decides to try and find that show-off nanomanipulator! Go!"
She clearly thought that some sort of futuretech user was here, controlling water and turning it into ice, and not her.

Unchosen Unchosen

~x~

After a few shipping containers, she found something that wasn't imported beer or appliances for once. A barrage of pheremones and incense assault her nose. She attempted to wave away the odor, but quickly decided that wearing a breathing apparatus would be more effective. Lower jaw concealing gas mask in place, she entered the crate, a small light flickering to life from an invisible source just a few inches away from her right eye, as if she were wearing invisible glasses.

Markings smeared in ink and blood were all about the place, accented by bone she couldn't identify the origin of. Furs seemed to not only adorn the walls, but belong to them, as if it had grown there all this time. Feathers littered the ground in strange patterns, and as she approached, she understood that they all coalesced into a circle just big enough for her to sit in. She took a mental note of this strangeness and categorized it into insanity, nothing more. Plus, this was a waste of time, her quarry wasn't anywhere to be found.

She left the container and stood still for a moment, letting her eyes readjust to the natural light. The rebreather began to make her face itch, so she took that off too, there wasn't any reason for it to be on anymore, and she let her grotesque scars show in the daylight again. A paladin hung in the air, but by the looks of it, his armor seemed to be much different in terms of style and color, and he was missing his signature suite of orbiting electronics. Where did something like that come from? Another portal? She stopped herself from trying to conceptualize that other realities might exist, and focused on the fact that a potential threat was floating above.

Should she shoot? It's an easy, if thoughtless, shot. Drake has shot through buildings before, so she couldn't see any real reason to why this paladin would be able to withstand her gun. Why was she even having these thoughts? Normally, she didn't even think about such trivial things and stayed focused on the mission, which could only mean...

Annika did her best to stifle an already impassive gasp, the best she could muster was a somewhat surprised, given the context, "Oh".

Her monthly meds were beginning to wear off. She needed to get home soon, her mobile supply would only last her a week at most. She felt distracted enough to somewhat decide on what to do about the paladin.

A laser passed by the armored man's head. A warning shot. She'd wait to see what happened next to decide whether or not she should kill him. He wasn't vital to the mission after all, but she wasn't going to simply let this guy kill her because she wasn't careful enough.

FearItself FearItself

Character: Helrica
Players: Unchosen Unchosen , FearItself FearItself , archur archur , Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

With their crashing into Tidus having done little, Helrica tore away from the giant as they swung their trident to deflect the ice. Pulling their head away, they also took a tiny chip, sticking to one end of their horns, divine weapons in themselves, but not enough, here. In a split-second decision, Helrica made to retreat, their legs glowing with magic as they kicked against Tidus's legs. This was not to attack, but to give them momentum, as they actually flew up and off in a single great leap, dodging the roiling pavement below when the trident slammed down.

As for the scything cloud of debris the trident's assault brought with it, Helrica was still in flight when they brought their spear up, pointing to the clouded sky. From the cracking electricity that Tidus's discharge had left it with, a bolt loosed itself as the both the spearpoint and Helrica's arms glowed with great intensity. This leapt to the clouds which roiled inwards, then cracked with thunder before, a massive downpour erupted, bringing heavy rain that hit the debris cloud with a confounding force and nature, scattering it back. This instantaneous gale threw up mists that not only blocked the sight of all those in the area, but in tandem with the rains, also had the unintended effects of dispersing scents as well.

With the lot engulfed in this mist, Helrica landed near where they started, next to the alleyway where Sarah was. "This is too much." They said to her. "I think perhaps.." Helrica glanced back at the gigantic Tidus, lost in the rains. "...We should leave. Immediately?"

Sarah
Rain-Shrouded Penn Station
FearItself FearItself NovaAres NovaAres archur archur Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Unfortunately, Sarah's attempt at an attack against the towering foe proved ineffective and made her susceptible to his counter-attack. The ripple's edge shattered glass and sent it flying like a glistening rain. A flurry of stray shards pierced Sarah's attire as well as her flesh. She screamed in pain as the stranger approached her. She was so focused on calming the pain in her arm, she failed to notice her words; until Helrica approached her. She muttered a response. "I-" A groan of pain interrupted her. "I can't, can't run." She gripped her leg with both hands tightly. Shards of critical size protruded from the femoral region. Her breathing paced harder and harder as blood seeped from the wounds, droplets of rain sprinkling over her. The pain distracted her from any solution.

Bobby

As the minotaur turned to him The Andriod defiantly sneered at the creature, just as it seemed it would reach him it let out a howl as a blade cut into its knee and then side. Seems his new companion worked well in a team, lucky for him, unlucky for the Bovine behemoth before him. He chambered a final round, a slug based off of the pattern. Finally he stuffed the barrel in the creatures open mouth and pulled the trigger in the same instant...
~~~

Anthony

The thug smiled at their answers and responses to his killing of his own men. These two were just as cutthroat as he was, maybe even a bit more as they didnt flinch. He was a bit confused when she asked about his guns. "What you never seen a gun before?" He asked as he holstered one and slid the mag out of the other in the same fluid moment. As the magazine fell he caught it and pulled back on the slide releasing the chambered round. He held the bullet between his thumb and forefinger as he showed it to the woman. "Simple concept really, Compressed explosions unleash high velocity chunks of metal. Mine are .45 caliber a decent size for handguns. The dude behind you...his shoots bigger chunks, not only does it fire faster, but also further, and far more rapidly." in what seemed to be only a fraction of a second the bullet was back in the mag and the mag in the gun. "There are different kinds that do different things." he said as he fired the hollowpoint at the wall of the store tearing out a hole the size of an orange. Afterwards he holstered his first gun and drew his other firing a round a foot to the left of the first one. That was clearly the armor piercing one as it made a hole the size of a dime with a bit of light flutterong in from outside. "You got lucky, the second one hit your leg, so it likely went in and out with little resistance. Now the first one...that might've taken yer leg off if i were more lucky."
He chuckled a bit before signalling for his subordinate to get the car.
~~~

Aether & The Cow

The princess nodded vigourously, reaching down to pull a knife from her boot and cutting a long strip off of her cloak to tie into the Cow's leather collar. Once done she motioned again for seth to lead the way while she made sure to communicate to the people with them to follow along. Deciding she and the cow were the strongest and most expendable respectively she decided that they would bring up the rear. "Is this IBM building big? There are many tall towers here, taller than ive ever seen in fact." she asked with an excited tone in her voice.
~~~

Zudo

When the man handed him the map zudo bowed profusely in gratitude. "That you all very much, you have no idea how much this helps." he said grinning widely before realizing that even with a map he had no idea where the princess wpuld be going too, and she likely lacked the navigation required to get them out. Waving to the family he leapt several hundred meters back to his perch atop the bridge. The parks debris cloud had just started to settle, yet the large debris cloud over what he now knew to be Penn station had morphed into a very focused Deluge. That was strange, and he felt it merited his attention. Once more the Lion of Magi was airborne as he leapt from the bridge tower heading towards the station. Yet as he leapt he felt something strange, A familiar pressence, yet far from a comforting one. When he landed on the shore of the hudson a cold sweat had built up already and he reached out as far as his sense would allow. Nothing, it was gone as quickly as it flared up but there was no question...it was Him, and if he was here that meant he needed to get to the princess as fast as possible.
~~~

Akuma

He continued going over the data he had compiled and of course cross referencing it with anything in this planets military databases, at least until a high powered laser passed by his head "Uh...specs?" he asked his A.I who rattled off mathematic and scientific jargon explaining in laymans terms that his armor would not stop that weapon with its plating alone. "Sigh...reroute scan and communications power to shielding and engage external audio functions." the A.I responded sarcastically as his communication with the female Captain ended and his scanners disengaged. His suit crackled and hummed as a screen of light wrapped around it. All of this change happening in a fraction of a second while his body turned to face the shooter je rose his hands in the universal dont shoot positioning before beginning his decent in her direction. "I didnt fire upon you id appreciate it if you would give me the same courtesy...do you happen to know where we are? I doubt your from this dimension, they dont seem to possess the technology to create a weapon such as yours...at least they dont seem to have any more of it. But most importantly why were you firing at those two from earlier." his tone was firm but devoid of malice or anger. It sounded like a man who had been in this situation more than once before.
archur archur
~~~

Tidus

So much happened after he dropped the trident that the king didnt even bother to take it all in. All he knew was he felt a light blow on his leg, then a dounpour came falling down scattering the scents and visual not to mention drowning out all sound...well almost all. Over the rain he heard a shout calling to him obviously by the fishface comment. He turned towards the voice seeing a pillar of purplish flames rushing towards him. Again he raised his trident this time thrusting its tips into the pillar.

As the golden trident collided with the flames their was an audible swooshing sound as the flames condenced into the trident which crackled with a orange electricity. However the deepfolk neglected to realize the danger of the flames, tiny sparks and flames of the fire made it past his absorption guard and landed on his shoulder, boot, cloak, and helmet. The reaction was instantly explosive, these fires fueled by hate had found a deep reservoir within the Deepfolk King. In an instant the sparks burst into a bonfire which completely engulfed the Towering predator.

A shrill Howl was let out from the armor clad being yet he didnt seem to keen on falling over. "You surface dwellers are really starting to infuriate me. I wonder how that power makes your kind taste?" as he spoke a picture of horror would unfold as the armor heated up and began melting. At first it seemed to droop like wax before flowing off of the kings Skin in rivers of molten gold and copper alloys. Yet it was what lied beneath that inspired horror. Beneath a layer of sharklike scaly skin massive and well defined muscles rippled in irritation razor sharp fins extended from its elbows and heels. Razor sharp claws lined each toe and finger, the latter of which were each over six inches in length. A strong muscular tail swished back and forth as if fanning the purple flames that engulfed it. Yet by far the most horrible were the blood red eyes glowing out of a head that looked like a fish and a battle tank had a child. The wickedly sharp jaws sheered the very air as it spoke again.

"Run and hide little succulent morsels, i shall find you all the same." Tidus was seething inside. The flames burned and hurt him, HIM the king of hydros, being caused pain by no name prey on a underwatered planet. However he was no fool, the odds were quickly stacking against him. Even if these beings couldnt cause him any pain his senses were being dulled, he was being dehydrated by the flames and without sufficient threats of damage or food he could not adapt. Both of which seemed in short supply on this world, at this rate he had mere minutes, which meant he needed to kill these surface dwellers quickly. Calling upon the energy he had gained from the pillar of flame he unleashed a massive maelstrom of electricity towards the clouds hoping to disperse the storm by atomizing all of the water in it. However without his energy resistant armor the electricity arced through his body as well draining him of more precious water. Nonetheless he needed to be able to find them. And this was his best bet.
Unchosen Unchosen NovaAres NovaAres archur archur Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
j62qp34o14a11.jpg

Annika's brow furrowed slightly at the booming questions asked of her. Did he not get that it was a warning shot? Considering it, he probably wasn't from speed city and didn't get merc customs. Usually, across the rooftops, there wasn't a better way to get another's attention on a job than to shoot at them. Seers were usually on such a level of encryption it would take hours to get through to somebody else's personal work channel, and most mercs try to ignore each other on purpose. She was just mostly annoyed at all his questions. Why did he need to know? Why was he wasting her time? Clearly, this future-tech armored man wasn't too keen on minding his own business, but seemed hapless enough for her to ignore.

She didn't turn her head to talk to her invisible Seer, keeping her stern expression on the floating man. "Seer, run modbox program." A barely audible chirp sounded from just over her shoulder, signalling that her voice was being amplified through it's internal sound systems.

"That was a warning shot. If you follow me, I won't miss." She barked a few more commands to her invisible assistant; stop running her voice amplifier, and provide a tracking cam to her feed, which appeared in her right eye. There was a rule of thumb when ending a confrontation that she always made sure to follow: When you walk away, keep an eye out. You don't know if you're going to get shot in the back of the head until it's too late.

FearItself FearItself

~x~

Victoria groaned as she watched the two former combatants had decided that a tactical retreat was the best option. Glass had embedded itself into the civ's skin, and her horned friend suggested that they make a break for it. The whole point of the detour was to talk to this woman, and already she that this was going to be waaaaay more work than she was willing to put in for her protege.

What the hell was the demon doing anyways?

~x~

Swallowtail's tongue lolled out of her mouth as it regenerated, the adrenaline pumping through her veins had caused an excess of tissue to be created for her tongue, which wasn't contained in the confines of her mouth any longer. She rubbed her palms together, preparing herself for another spell as the last of her hateflame had found it's target.

She was sastisfied that her flame had found it's mark, and even melted away the armor, but the taste of ozone in her mouth meant that whatever was happening next probably wasn't good.

"VICTOOOORIA! I NEED MORE AMMO!" The demon shouted, unholstering her clearly demonic pistol and letting a full mag of rubber bullets drop to the ground.

~x~

Victoria rolled her eyes at hearing her own name. "Ammo count 24; send." She said to nobody in particular, holding a pair of clips in the air. A reflective ball materialised in the air and absorbed the two ammo clips into it's body, before disappearing once more.

"Hey, Horns." She didn't attempt to learn names, and she tried even less to come up with good nicknames. "I'm sorry about your friend's leg and all, but my friend needs to have a chat with you or whatever. I probably have some medical supplies on me, or gold or whatever you want- I just need a minute of your time." She glanced down at the jagged shard stuck in the civ's thigh, sucking at her teeth from the empathetic pain she felt.

Her attention briefly flickered back to Swallowtail, who was busy running from cover to cover, blasting bullets into this fish guy like it was some sort of game. A mixture of disappointment and relief passed across her face, before returning to business. She assessed the situation at hand; these two were clearly together, and by the wounds on the more normally clothed one, they were probably thinking it was time to split. She'd have to appeal to them somehow if she was going to catch a favor. Immediately, something popped into mind.

"I've got some medical supplies on me." She said, her concern passing to the severe wound. "I'll be able to stop the bleeding and plug your wounds if we somehow get the glass out." Her face showed a hint of concern, but nothing more.

Her eyes shifted to the amazon. "We'll have to carry her somewhere safer. I'll take this end and you can take her legs, yeah?"

NovaAres NovaAres Unchosen Unchosen

Hunter had no clue what had just happened but it was a lot the fish man hand been shrouded in some sort of flame that smelled....really really...good it was definitely magic.. the fish man seemed to be in incredible pain due to it and the being fighting it where winning the demon couldn’t help but feel horrible, the fish man had saved him even if it was a accident it would be dishonourable... not to repay the favour. The creatures armor seemed to have melted off and it was getting electrocuted by its own lighting storm. That was it he would help the creature and try to put a stop to this fight they where all probably stranded here anyway so working together was there best bet not killing one another’s. Dropping the bag of tool the ran towards the fish man and into the flames his body greedily devouring the magical substance giving a small nod to the fish man he looked over to the group attacking him... hopeful his charming affect would be enough once he got everyone’s attention... he should be able to convince em right? “Yeah everyone just stop all this needless fighting, this is all one big miss understanding, I think where all probably form different places and now trapped whatever this is, fighting one another’s won’t solve anything right now we need to work together” hunter tried to say it in the most convincing way possible back up with this charming affect he hoped it would work turning back to the fish man and looking up at him the demon began to speak again “and you fish man... there’s no need to destroy everything just because there’s some stuff in the water that’s like saying if you drop something on the ground the continent should be burned....oh and thank you for saving me...form drowning even if you didn’t mean it”

Minotaur and Amana

The Minotaur practically roared in pain as its knee was cut, followed by the stab to its side, and the attacks by the lizard. As it stumbled, swinging lower to the ground as its knee collapsed, the gun barrel of Bobby's gun found its way to the roof of its mouth and fired, though not necessarily at the best angle. The Minotaur's skull was thick enough that despite going through the roof of its mouth, it slowed enough to only go part way into the brain and did not exit out through the other side. Additionally, it failed to hit the brainstem or other parts of the brain that controlled critical function. The Minotaur was dying, just not as quickly as might be desired. In its last moments of life and pain, it shook vigorously, swiping its arms at Bobby and Amana. One meaty arm connected with Amana, sending her flying a short distance, and then the creature slumped forward toward Bobby to collapse on the ground, moaning its death. Amana hit the ground and rolled backwards before standing in a quick motion, her right hand moving to her left side and holding as she grimaced in pain. FearItself FearItself

~~~
Harima and Eskal

"A gun, you call it?" Harima questioned, watching as he did a series of bizarre movements with the weapon. It looked like he took it apart in order to show her the projectile it fired. "It throws metal at high speed? It is like a sling but harder to understand. Though perhaps easier to use. You do not look like you know how to use a sling," she muttered, staring at the weapons with clear interest. "Do all the people of your world carry these weapons?" she looked over as Eskal with some concern, though she masked it fairly well on her face. "What is the standard defence against such a weapon?" FearItself FearItself

~~~
Seth

At Aether's excited tone, Seth smiled a little as he took up the front of their admittedly small group. "It certainly is tall, though not the tallest tower in the city and certainly not the tallest in the world. It also has an atrium, though I imagine that might be the first part to get destroyed. We won't be in the obvious parts of it though," Seth explained. He led them quickly and efficiently down and across streets, pointing out any interesting landmarks at they went but also keeping a vigilant eye out for any trouble. A couple of times his hand went up quickly, motioning for a halt, as he watched and waited for something the rest of them couldn't see before moving once more. He didn't even fully realize that he was seeing the aura's of creatures blocks away and through buildings, though they were certainly faint at that distance. It didn't take long before they were safely at the IBM building, which jutted into the sky above the buildings directly next to it. They slipped in through the glass enclosed open space filled with tables, chairs, and trees which once had been full of people but now was deserted. An unmarked door at the back of the room was his destination where he typed in a code, waited for approximately one minute, and then the door swung open. Although on one side it had appeared to be a standard door, it was much thicker. Inside the room was an elevator, big enough for everyone including the cow, which took them down into the Earth. FearItself FearItself

Character: Helrica
Players: Unchosen Unchosen , FearItself FearItself

At this point, the wear of the day was really starting to show on Helrica. Even the pouring rain couldn't disguise the sweat. This new visitor was greeted with a skeptical frown, as Helrica looked to them, then back to Sarah. "Safer? Across these broken roads, covered in glass, metal and monsters? Carrying her while her legs are perforated with shards? Are you crazy?" They shook their head in frustration, closing their eyes as they finished. "No. We heal her here, Heler give me this strength." At this, they stood up straight, raising their arms and head to the skies, opening their eyes. Tears mixed with the rain as they sang, the gold of the tattoos underneath their eyes taking on a gentle glow as tears flowed down to mix with the waters.

The wounds on Sarah's legs would heal from the inside as water seeped over them, shards working their way outward to fall upon the ground with a light tinkling, almost inaudible. For their part, Helrica was done, arms lowering in a boneless slump, as they almost collapsed against the side of the alleyway. "There. Finished." They said, barely keeping themselves upright against the wall.

Harloteck
interactions: TheresaMelania TheresaMelania FearItself FearItself
The sudden arrival of these unknown assistants they had a smiler flow to the one that brought him here glok made its way back towards the group scuttling behind harloteck the multi limed reptile seeming somewhat scared looking up at harloteck who nodded reassuringly to the creature digging his clawed foot into the dead Minotaur back and removing a large red metallic knife form his backpack the gripping onto the skull of the dead creature the knife seemed to easily cute through the dead monsters neck splitting the now useless and damaged head form the rest of the meaty flesh, then turning to the two that had... help slightly growling mechanical human who smelled.... very very strange far far far fewer threads Bound the mechanical bits then... was normal..Interesting find “you...damaged the head i was hoping to use it now it’s spoiled” it’s voice was deep and rumbling as was expected for a behemoth of a reptile looking over to the other creature that had been tossed to the side by the Minotaurs death throws “I assume that is your mate? Or symbiot you should go help it..” trying back to the carcass both harloteck and glok begins to strip the carcass of meat. But not in a savage way slicing it into prime cutlets and steaks.

FearItself FearItself

As Zudo was flying through the air, there was quite a commotion in the top of a building nearby. A torrent of yelps, barks, and growls traveled through the air along with deep rumbling sounds that seemed like speech but in no pattern of words or sounds that would make sense to a human or, in fact, to most animals. All of a sudden there was a loud yelp and a projectile the size of a person hurtled toward Zudo at immense speed, colliding with much more force than something even that size and speed should. Within moments of the impact it was clear the projectile was much more dense than usual, particularly for an animal. The force of the collision diverted their path into the next building, smashing them through windows and walls. When they finally halted their movement, the creature shrunk in on itself rapidly becoming a small winged and wolf-life creature with antlers, growling at the being that was floating toward them from the other building. It had a humanoid shape, though wrapped in leather bands securing its arms and legs and giant black monstrous tentacles behind it. Out of the white mask with red glowing eyes came the sounds again, clearly an attempt at speech but absolutely unintelligible.

8d7f00b78e5cc23dcd4264707400aa63.jpg

90f2df6ade02eb8bee23c6c0199eba94.jpg

~~~

Captain Bellin listened to Akuma over the connection and watched his location on her radar while also responding to other urgent requests for information. "Captain, are you still under threat? If you are we can send reinforcements. If not, my superiors kindly request that you make your way to our base of operations for a... meeting," she finished lamely.

Tidus

The king was about to swat the being that came close to him, until the thing began eating the flames off of him. A wicked smile spread across his face, however pain spiked from his lips which cracked in response. He slammed his large arm between the smaller horned surface being and the oncoming hail of projectiles which dug tiny pits into his scales before being stopped by the boney plates underneath. "When i return you will be rewarded for your service." he then lept several dozen meters into the air clinging to the nearest skyscraper by digging his powerful fingers into its frame. From hear he shouted at the top of his gills sounding like a jet engine. "REJOICE SURFACE DWELLERS, YOU HAVE PROVEN YOUR MIGHT. MY ARMIES WILL BE HONORED TO FACE SUCH WORTHY FOES." as he finished his shouts he turned carving into the building and vanishing into the structure sprinting across the inside and leaping out the other side in a shower of glass and steel. He continued carving through anything in his path until he made it to the hudson where the monster disapeared beneath the murky water.
NovaAres NovaAres Unchosen Unchosen archur archur
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
~~~
Bobby

The cyborgs words caught in his throat for a second when the lizard suggested he and Amara were mates. Still he went to her location to check that she was fine before answering, though his expression was one of clear embarassment. "My apologies, my primary and secondary weapons are offline at the moment otherwise the kill would have been much cleaner. And no she is not my mate...i no longer posses the ability to reproduce biologically, besides we just met about an hour ago." He then bowed before introducing himself. "I am Bobby, this is Amara, we are not from this place but believe we can help this worlds people deal with this chaos...would you care to travel with us? There is safety in numbers and both of us have stealth capacities." He spoke calmly and methodically with careful consideration on each word and seemingly no emotion in his tone. Nonetheless he admired this lizard, its technology was seemingly advanced, and its stature showed clear strength which would be quite helpful in his current condition. He almost got lost in thought contemplating the abiliyies it may possess by comparing it to his knowledge of earths reptiles.
TheresaMelania TheresaMelania Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
~~~
Anthony

He nodded along with the woman confirming one thing after another until he shook his head when she talked about slings. Finally she said something he needed words to confirm and he spoke up again. "Well not everyone in the entire world, but basically everyone we will be dealing with. Theres a few ways to defend against it." he pulled the coat of his jacket away from him and shot it with the hollow point which caused the jacket to jerk wildly before dropping the bullet on the ground without tearing. "Strong interwoven fibers such as silk or kevlar can stop smaller bullets from penetrating but are useless against armor piercing. Armor plates can technically stop both if they are thick enough and hard...but those are super heavy and hardly practical. Your best bet is to stay out of their line of sight and kill them before they kill you...but you shouldnt have much to worry about. I am better than most in this city at using them far from the average at least." it wasnt long after he finished his explainations that the car pulled up in the street just outside the store.
~~~
Aether & the cow

The princess was very obviously excited as they entered the building. Her eyes lit up and she asked about everything she saw. From the florecent lightbulbs, to the automatic doors, the elevator, the building itself, and the strange devices people kept holding to their heads and talking to. No matter how many times seth told her it was technology she always asked "what kind of magic is this." The cow on the otherhand seemed strangely lax and calm for a animal. It followed silently and even releived itself just before entering the building. Its big brown eyes took in everything around it with an uncharacteristacally intelligent gaze. When the elevator landed however Aether seemed very serious and almost mournful, she had clearly lost the innocent excitement she had mere moments ago. "Theres alot of people out there in danger isnt there...shouldnt we do something? I dont really feel like hiding out is the right thing to do." she wringed her hands just below her belly button clearly thinking about what was going on out there.
~~~

Akuma

The Star traversing hero was honestly a bit taken aback. A warning shot? Seriously. This chick was nuts firing warnings at a person who helped her only moments ago. The A.I interupted his thoughts stating that the Military captain was trying to contact him. When he answered he heard her ask if he was still under threat. He looked back at the sniper who was now leaving and mentioned he shouldnt follow her. He listened to her cataloguing her biorythmic signature and her weapons energy signature figuring he would need it later. "Nope no threat here...sure thing send me the coordinates." he said cheerfully. Upon receiving them he plotted the course and grinned at how close it was. Apparently he could make it there in 1.9 seconds. "Lets go, plot the course but take use slow. 5% output and keep the scans going i want a map of this whole city with as many threats highlighted as possible." the A.I responded for the first time ever without sarcasm apparently agreeing with his decisions.
archur archur
~~~
Zudo

With his reflexes being as high as they were the Lion of Magi quickly identifoed what hit him to be a small animal and as such he allowed his body to fold around the animal and he kept himself relaxed so he wouldnt hurt it, even as he crashed through glass, steel ,concrete ,and drywall. He stopped just short of the buildings other side and only because he slammed into a steel i-beam which warped into a c type shape around the curve of the burly mans back.

"Ow." was all he said. He was sure his back would have bruises on it and he could feel blood trickling from his chin where the impact actually struck him. He didnt have his guard up as per usual. He gently set the creature down gathering magic into his palm before striking the creature with the palm and knocking all the damage out of its body directing it into the wall behind the creature which shattered. "That wasnt very nice." he said allowing his magic to carry his voice with a supernatural volume to the tentacled creature. "You shouldve hit me hharder than that while my guard was down. Now you dont have the advantage anymore, if you leave now however i wont chase you." he said crossing his arms over his chest and staring at the creature with a look intended to intimidate.
~~~
Lee

He stood in the rain staring at the swirling red portal. The wound on his side bleeding subtly. Behind him his sister faced off against the woman who would one day become his wife. As per usual others were taking up arms to make his decisions for him. No more. This would be his decision and from this day forward his life would be his own. With that he stepped through the portal leaving his world behind.

There was a brilliant flash and the next thing he knew he was looking at new york...from three miles in the air. "SHIIIIIIIITTTTTT" he exclaimed as he began to fall. He gathered his power and shouted again but this time he said "ANGEL WINGS." and two small wings of opalescent light erupted from his back slowing his fall and steering him eastwards. When he did finally land it was on the statue of liberties torch. "Wow, weird. I wonder where i can find a drink at." he said still adjusting to the idea of being in a new world.
(open)
~~~

Harloteck
Harloteck smiled at the cyborg who’s smell was masked by the amout of metal but face showed something else “if you say so then... although one doesn’t need to be able to reproduce to have a mate...” it said calmly continuing to strip the carcass down to the bone and the cyborg talked “I am harloteck I have no last name for I lost it, you too where brought here by destiny or maybe you decided to walks a different path it means little for we are all here now no? And if we are going to succeed... we should follow the thread that lead us here maybe this time destiny should be followed? Hmm regardless we shall accompany you...” he paused form his rambling for a moment the minatour completely gone not even bones left all inside the bag on his back somehow... it fitted? “Are you at all hungry I for one am... and your ....friends may need time to rest”

Harima and Eskal

"Your world is very different and strange. These weapons seem amazing but can be stopped simply by clothing? What good is such a weapon if you cannot look at a person and tell if it will work on them?" Harima scoffed, watching him demonstrate the bullet-stopping capability of his jacket but clearly not understanding all of his words perfectly. "As you said, we will simply have to kill them before they have a chance to use these weapons against us. But perhaps we will also work to develop our own method of shielding." As she spoke, she sliced her arm with her blade to cause blood to well on her arm. It began to coalesce and float upward, clumping together. However, she didn't seem able to make anything more than quarter sized drops with it. When the car pulled up she glanced on it, then at Eskal, wondering first what this vehicle was and how it was powered then wondered where they expected Eskal to fit. FearItself FearItself

~~~
Seth

Seth looked over at Aether as they traveled in the elevator. He had noticed the cow tagging along with them calmly and wondered whether there was something up with it. Maybe the cows from their world were different. But at the same time as this thought was in the back of his mind, he was responding to Aether. "There are a lot of people in danger and we will help. But it won't do us any good to go charging in without information or a plan on how we're going to help. The people we're going to see now have that information. Now, be careful. The military isn't exactly known for being trustworthy and kind-hearted," Seth cautioned with an extremely serious expression and wariness in his eyes. "They will tend to want to solve things by force and will prioritize their own best interests over those of the people's. What we want to do is get the information, work with them as necessary, but make sure we do what we think is right. You understand me?" He asked as the elevator came to a halt and the doors slid open to reveal a giant room with many desks, computers, screens, and bustling people in military uniforms.

FearItself FearItself

~~~
Captain Bellin

A small group of the people in the same room as Aether and Seth were now in were grouped together, discussing the imminent arrival of "Captain Cosmic." Their radar showed how quickly he was covering the ground from Battery Park to the IBM tower and they scurried to find a way to safely move him from where he'd land to the secret bunker they were all in underneath the tower. Some of the higher-ups were still uncertain about his trustworthiness and wanted to make certain he wouldn't be able to target the bunker if he turned against them. Others were more concerned about accidentally revealing their location to any watchers.

~~~
Floating Monster with Tentacles

The little winged wolf let loose a bark and a threatening snarl at the creature, mostly ignoring Zudo other than to place itself between him and the monster as if trying to protect him. The monster groaned out several more sounds, all incoherent, before falling silent briefly. It's tentacles began to stretch out toward Zudo, pulsing threateningly with a dark inky blackness. Once more the creature began making sounds, though this time they were deep and dark and rhythmic. The sounds seemed to blend into a hum of sorts to sink into the brain. Its red eyes began to glow furiously and almost seemed to spin. All combined the tentacles served to create a growing blackened background which combined with the sounds, eyes, and the influence of the creature's mind beginning to reach out. All in order to snare its prey and bring it willingly into its grasp. FearItself FearItself

~~~
Amana

Amana brushed the dirt and dust from her clothing with one hand while holding her ribs with the other. She listened carefully to the conversation between the lizard man and Bobby, not reacting at all to the comment about them being mates. "Indeed it seems like the people of this world need our assistance. Though I suspect that there may have already been a sustantial death toll based on the emptiness and quiet of this city," she commented while gesturing to the nearby empty skyscrapers. She watched as the lizard cut apart the minotaur and packed it away, her head tipped slightly in an odd gesture of curiosity that seemed out of place with the rest of her behavior. "I have no need to rest. I will heal in time on my own. If you need sustenance, feel free to pause and eat. However, I believe it would be best if we continued moving as soon as possible. There must be others in the area and a larger group would be safer, especially if we want to rest."

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 FearItself FearItself

Harloteck
harloteck gave a nod to the other odd person suggestion "yes many many have died the scent of death is within the air," stopping for a moment harloteck considered what they had said slowly tapping its claws on the ground and deeply sniffing the air "hmmm i can wait a while... but yes... there are beasts far larger in this place.... great creatures... ones that rip the very flows and threads to pieces and we do not wish to stand between them and there goals..." the larazit spoke ominously being to move "if you all have a idea of where to do... i suggest you voice your opions now"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back