• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

TheresaMelania

187_1003705_americas_dxm.png

Earth. Home to humans among various other creatures. Humans have spent their entire existence striving to understand their home. It began with understanding the area around them, then the area next to them, their continent, their hemisphere, the world, then out into space. Years and countless lives have been spent trying to understand the universe whether this is through philosophy, religion, or science. Many believe that they are alone, the only sentient species to live and study the world around them.

While some may guess and theorize, what people do not realize is that they are certainly not alone. There may not be sentient life elsewhere in the universe, but the human universe is not alone. Indeed there are countless other universes floating like bubbles through a "space" we will call the Ezer - the area between universes. The Ezer flows, twisting and turning, moving the universes. Sometimes these bubbles collide, causing an overlapping area which appears as portals which bridge the universe. These universes may not have the same rules at all - what may be a universal law in one is broken in the other. When they collide, the Ezer attempts to not only bridge the gap through the portals but also reconcile the rules. This causes myriad strange effects to happen to the inhabitants of each realm. People near the rifts "manifest" and develop abilities not normal for their universe although they may fit in better with the other universe. In cases where only small portals open briefly, this can go completely unnoticed.

Some species have learned to study the movements of these universes through the appearance of portals allowing them to predict how long they might be in contact with a particular universe and when it might next happen. Trade routes have even arisen between universes which collide often. Some scholars have noticed the portals opening more frequently particularly among their "neighbor" universes and have begun to predict a mass collision is on course. What no one knows is that Earth is at the center of it and the clock is ticking toward a mass collision concentrated on Earth and the humans who think they are alone.

~~~
** Harima and Eskal **

Deep in the jungle wilderness of Jaran, Harima and Eskal travel alone. It has been many moons since they left their tribe and home, outcast by those they had called friends and family. But they would return once they had gathered power. Harima's anger boiled inside her even boiling over to Eskal who growled low underneath her, vibrating his huge chest with the force of their rage. The only question remaining in their joined minds was how to obtain the power and allies necessary. It had been many years since the last portal opened to a strange land. Although their life-style was completely dependent on the portals, none of the Jaranae understood how they worked and they had taken on a pseudo-religious importance. The last portal had brought through short furry creatures which had only waged war on them for the decade that the portal remained open. No knowledge had been gained as the creatures seemed very similar in technology and completely lacked magic. The portal before that had brought the people of Harima's father, the Esquk, a bird-like species with wings and feathers who soared through a realm with mostly sky. The scales on her body so far were the only signs of her parentage she displayed, though she was still young. Her father's people had brought ideas of science and great magic with them as they were primarily scholars not warriors. Although her people had all but discounted it as unimportant, Harima knew better and waited for the chance to prove it with the next portal.

~~~
** Amana **

Amana... Awake

The voice echoed through her, a soft wordless whisper, although she understood it all the same. How long had it been since she was last awake? Amana opened her eyes to the flurries of snow all around her, half-buried in the icy flakes. Shifting underneath the mass, she rose and surveyed the sheets of white and blue around her. It was summer then, she thought. She could still see around her and the cold wasn't reaching her bones yet. This storm would soon end and the beasts would come out to find what didn't survive. Last time the voice had awoken her it had been winter. When was the last time she had stayed and adventured here? She didn't know. But it wasn't time yet.

Where do I go? she asked the voice.

Home, it whispered and she disappeared from the snowscape as if she had never been there.

~~~

** Kevin **

Kevin cursed at the Denver traffic, stuck once again at the intersection near Coors field. The light would turn green and the traffic would inch forward. Then red and he'd be stuck again. If he could just get past this light it might lighten up. It was 8:30 AM and he was definitely running late. He and Sarah had agreed to leave before traffic got bad but he had completely slept through his alarm. Hopefully Sarah would have gotten his quickly written text of "Slept in! So sorry!" and be waiting for him. If only traffic would move.

A short time later he finally pulled up in front of her apartment and shut off the car. His one bag and backpack were both on the back seat but he really didn't know how much she was bringing.

Sarah exited her apartment a few moments after Kevin had pulled up. She was dressed in her usual get-up; Black jeans and converse with her favorite sky blue hoodie. A small navy blue star design sat on the left breast of the pull-over. Her long blue hair was tied in a neat ponytail and slung over her shoulder. Excited, she quickly hopped inside the passenger seat, closing the door with a thump.
"Ready to go?" She asked, her voice soft. With one hand, she buckled her seat belt, with the other, she reached into her bag to retrieve her phone; an outdated iPhone cracked in the top left corner. Housing it was a white and gold case with the same star design on it as the hoodie.

“Definitely ready to go. You excited for the concert? I know I am.” Kevin replies excitedly. He was beaming from ear to ear as he turned the key and the engine cranked. Although his car was older and a bit beat up on the outside, it ran happily and he was certain it would make the trip.

“I’ve never been to New York City either. How about you? I’ve heard so many things about how crazy it gets there.” While talking Kevin maneuvered his way through traffic and out of Denver.

“Oh yeah, I looked up the routes last night and it looks like we could go up through Nebraska and over to Chicago or we could go through Kansas and Missouri and avoid the Chicago traffic. What do you think? We have a few days.” Although he just asked her a question he also cranked up the radio and started humming along with the music playing on the station. Maybe he was just a bit too excited.

Kevin's excitement forced a smile and a small chuckle out of Sarah before she could answer his barrage of questions. "Haha, not as excited as you are, I'm sure." She said, scrolling through her phone as they drove. "I've been to New York once but never to the city. Hopefully its not too crazy." Concerts in Denver could get pretty rambunctious. It would be no surprise if New York's were similar; or worse. Quickly, she checked her mapping app to analyze the best route to New York. "Lets take the Kansas-Missouri route. We'll save time by avoiding traffic."
It looked like Kevin was beyond excited for the concert. Considering the band was one of his favorites, she had never been as excited as him for anything. Despite these feelings, she threw on a smile and let Kevin drive.

Aether & Zudo

The Capital city was a buzz with people from all over the planet. Merchants lines the market place with stalls overflowing with goods, some had no room for stalls and instead had their wares spread over a blanket or in baskets. Mingled in with the crowd were knights only visible to the trained eye as they watched the crowd carefully. Their eyes folowed the two as they moved through the crowd, yet that was easy to explain. After all the Guest of honor and the Nations most famous knight were riding side by side on snow white horses. "By the sources its hot, is this really the proper weather for a outdoor event, people could die of heat!?!" Aether grumbled from her horse. Zudo kept his eyes scanning the people nearby but he smiled at the princesses complaint. "Im sure it will be fine your Highness, the wells are all free to use, plus your father has many of the armies wind mages in tents on cooling duty. All will be well." he said in his usual lax tone as they approached the palaces ramp leading to the portculis. Both the drawbridge and the wrought iron portculis were raised and in the center of the courtyard stood the king and his wife. The king was a massive figure as tall and muscular as Zudo was he dwarfed his wife who stood only a few inches taller than her daughter.

Both Zudo and Aether dismounted as the King and Queen approached. Though it was custom to bow only Aether did, after all zudo still had no king. He and the king embraced with a hand clap that created a sound of thunder which reverberated through the courtyard. Guards snickered as rookies jumped from the sound and the queen just rolled her eyes. Afterwards the two men nodded silently at one another in perfect synchronization before the king turned to his daughter. "The day is yours Aether. We have only an hour left before the feast starts. If you go to your bedroom you will find your gift. I am sure you will like it." aether smiled and curtsied her father, before walking into the palace without saying another word. The king sighed "She is mad at me." The king said with a slight bit of worry in his tone. "Oh yeah, big time." Zudo said in response as he took a swig of his water. "She will get over it my love, she asked for freedom and you have given it to her. There is no reason for you to be upset. Part of me thinks she is just afraid." the queen said in a compassionate tone putting a hand on her husbands shoulder. Together the three of them made their way up the last of the steps to the palace door.
~~~
As Aether walked to her room her anger had begun to get the better of her and by the time she made it to her door she had worked herself up enough to slam the door behind her. However when she spotted the red sash layed neatly in her bed her scream which was going to follow it caught in her throat. There was no way that was what she thought it was. The frayed edges and the crimson color was a dead giveaway and as she opened it and saw the various symbols embroidered onto it in a spiral pattern she knew that it was. The First banner, a garb well over four thousand years old. It held nearly fifty symbols, one for each ruler placed there when they completed their prooving. She traced them until she began to more easily recognize them. Her grandfather's Squid emblem, her fathers Wolf, and a golden flower just below it. She didnt understand her father was the last one to complete a proving so where did this last symbol come from.

As if on cue her father spoke up. "Its yours Aether...i had it sown in this morning. I know im supposed to wait until you return to give it to you, but i know you will succeed. You are so much more than the sum of your parts, and those parts are alot to begin with." he puffed his chest out as he said that last bit obviously referring to himself in jest. Aether smiled but her eyes were on the banner. Soon she would be forced to leave home and go on a wild quest to do sources know what. Yet even still she couldnt help but feel excitement at the prospect, tinged by fear, and mixed in with the expectations of success. Luckily he didnt press the issue. Just as silently as he had entered he left her to get ready. She finally folded the sash spotting the box beneath it.

upon opening the box she found aan elegant ring made of gold and in the shape of a rose with the stem twisting into the band. The note within it said "My little flower blooms" . as she held the note between her thumbs a slight snivel could be heard coming from her. After a few moments she rose to her feet and slipped the ring on her finger. She then took the Banner and tied it around her waist with the symbols facing outward so all could see the sigils of her ancestors. She was ready, her father was right...the day was hers.

"Kansas-Missouri route it is!" Kevin practically sings and took the turn toward I-25 North. "There are tolls on this route. I've got some cash in the center console for when we get to it if you could help me count it out." After the next couple of lane changes and exits, Kevin seemed to settle a little bit and reached to turn the volume down.

"So, what have you been up to lately? I don't think we've really had a chance to talk about the important stuff since we graduated and I got that job," he glanced over at her with just a little bit of concern showing in his eyes though he hid it quite well. They left the city behind and the mountains grew smaller behind them as they drove through the plains toward the border between Colorado and Kansas.

Sarah rumaged through the center console while speaking, sorting the stray coins and bills inside. "Well, ever since highschool ended I've had a lot of time to focus on my projects." She began. "I dont know if I ever told you much about them, but it's getting to the point where I can start making a stable income from commissions. So that's nice." She said, closing the console and returning her attention to her phone.
"What about you? Been up to much since graduation?"

Harloteck
the underbrush of the jungle shook as a massive creature slowly trudged through the plants followed by a smaller one, these creatures both appeared reptilian the massive one seemed to carry a weapon and the smaller one had four limbs and its scales appeared more like plate armor both where carrying large backpacks or at least large for there sizes these creatures where know as larazit and larso, both symbiotically linked, the larazit's name was harloteck, no last name for he lost it when he was exiled, harloteck had been following a specific thread for many months this thread was said to be tied to one destiny, although harloteck too a more atheistic view to this thread, he felt that destiny was but a suggestion one should follow, but it was no necessary too haloteck however at this moment felt he should follow it, even glork his larso for all his blood brother cowardice agreed they should follow it, perhaps he could find the enlightenment he so greatly sought after? he doubted it. but it was his duty to try and find it.

“I don’t think you ever did tell me about your projects. I haven’t really been up to much except the new job. It’s been pretty interesting working on the various computers for people, but it does astound me how technologically inept a lot of these people are. You’d think that the government wouldn’t hide someone who didn’t understand how to do basic updates on a computer.” Kevin shook his head and blew out a long torrent of air in frustration.

“But back to you. What sort of projects have you been working on? I’m happy to hear it’s bringing in some money from you. I know how difficult artistic projects with commissions can be with people not wanting to pay what your time and skill is worth.”

Sarah placed her chin on her palm and slouched forward to look outside the window, only to be greeted by the expansive fields of corn Kansas was known for. "I've done a few murals for the hospitals in Denver and they pay alright. Otherwise, my online commissions are slow and inconsistent. People want free art in 12 hours time. Just reassures my assumption that people are stupid and impatient." She said, an irritated tone hinting at her dismay. "It's worth it anyway though. Creating art for a living is more than I could ask for." She reluctantly admitted.

"I'm happy that it seems to have been working out for you. I agree people are stupid, selfish, and self-entitled. Which includes this asshole here in front of me!" Kevin curses several times as a car comes zooming up behind him and then passes around him within moment, easily going over 100 miles per hour. After he stops cursing and the car is long gone over the horizon, he sighs. "Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah. I'm happy that you're getting to create art and do what you enjoy for a living. That's all we can ask for in life, right?"

~~~

The majority of the rest of the trip passed by peacefully. Kevin routinely mentioned the interesting changes in terrain that were evident as they traveled across the country and plains gave way to trees. They stopped to eat when they saw interesting restaurants along the way and at least Kevin appeared to be genuinely enjoying himself by belting out songs on the radio. They stayed the night somewhere in Ohio before continuing on their way. Once they were in central Pennsylvania, Kevin was downright bouncing with excitement. "Did you know my family is from Pennsylvania? A couple of generations back but I've always been exciting to see what it's like. So many trees! I can't believe we're so close to being at the concert. I'm gonna remember this for the rest of my life, I swear."

Sarah blinked a few times, her eyes bagging up below her lids, before humoring Kevin's outrageous claim. "Haha, for the rest of your life? Maybe if you meet some blonde hottie and she happens to live in Denver." She said, cracking a sly smile. Kevin never failed to put a smile on Sarah's face; or maybe it was her own witty jokes. "It'll be fun, that's for sure. I just think it's nice to be getting a break from work and being cooped up inside."
Moments later, a yawn escaped her, and she stretched her arms into the air. "Hey, wake me up when we're in New York will ya?" She asked, and leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes. "I want to get some sleep before we go to the concert."

Last edited:
The Cataclysm

Kevin smiled over at Sarah as she tucked in to sleep. “Have a good rest. I’ll wake you up,” he said quietly and focused on the road. It was still several hours drive to New York, especially considering New York traffic. Once they made it to New York, it became a matter of finding parking, which they did eventually and then catching transit to take them to their destination. But finally they were here. Kevin was near child-like in his excitement, having switched into a t-shirt with the band’s name in addition to a hat and a cardboard sign. Madison Square Garden was absolutely packed, of course, with other attendees and fans. As the concert got started, the noise drowned out the sounds of the screaming outside. At least at first.

Outside, the sky slowly began to redden, at first barely enough to notice. But soon the red cast an ominous shadow over everyone. People stopped on the streets and cars halted in the middle of the road as people looked up at the sky where a tear was beginning to form. The edges fluttered and rippled out slowly as the gash in the sky widened. Suddenly smaller versions of the same tear began opening up across the world with seemingly no rhyme or reason. As the universes were shifting and colliding, portals opened and closed as the systems attempted to reach a new equilibrium. Some portals sucked up cars, parts of buildings, people, and animals. Others spit out a variety of creatures and monsters. Just outside of Madison Square Garden, a minotaur-like creature the height of a one-story house came crashing out of a portal, barreling into the side of buildings as he rampaged.

The screams finally reached the concert while officials began evacuating people. People looked confused and some even irritated that their concert was being interrupted, until they saw the sky and the minotaur began barreling at the crowd. Kevin’s eyes were huge as the crowd swept him and Sarah up in their haste to flee.

In the middle of Central Park, Seth sat on a bench, reading a book watching people passing. He was one of the first to notice something was wrong with the sky but he still wasn’t prepared when a swarm of person sized insects flew out of a portal and began sweeping up people. Immediately he found covered, ducking into a gathering of bushes so they couldn’t grab him as easily, and dialed 911.

Unchosen Unchosen Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 FearItself FearItself

Sarah was enjoying herself at the concert when she heard the screams from outside. They were faint at first, but when the music stopped, she could hear them vividly, almost echoing in her ears. "Uhm, Kevin?" She said with a tremble in her voice and an anxious expression. "What's going on?" She followed him through the crowd out of the stadium hall and into the outer ring of the building. "What's happening outsi-" She stopped dead in her tracks to look outside the windows. The red sky and wretched creatures swarming her vision flushed tears from her eyes. She ignored the pushing and screaming of the crowd and continued her gaze, stunned in shock by the images before her. Her face was littered with tears after only a few moments, accompanied by a pair of glossy eyes and trembling hands. She instinctively clawed at her jeans; her overwhelming anxiety taking over.

Last edited:
For a moment Kevin stood in stunned silence as the minotaur thundered through a part of the crowd a distance away from them. People screamed, some people were thrown into the air, and it looked like the minotaur had a few grasped in his giant claws. A moment later Kevin shook his head violently and reached for Sarah, pushing through the crowd. "I don't know what's happening but we have to get out of here!" Kevin shouted. He grabbed at her hands, trying to prevent her from clawing at her jeans. "Come on! We can't stay here. We need to find someplace to hide. Or find the police. Or the National Guard or something," he rambled. The crowd had divided into two major groups as people fled, one heading toward the southern tip of Manhattan and the other up north, toward Central Park. Kevin pulled Sarah away from the crowd, across the street toward Penn Station where he thought they could find at least a few moments of safety.

Sarah followed, gripping Kevin mindlessly as she took in the scene; monstrous creatures and bodies strewn about, people trying their best to fight, run, cope, ear-piercing screaming. This was a nightmare come to life. The two burst through through the doors, and she attempted to catch her breath. Her anxiety was sedated, but more than likely not for long. "What the fuck..." She blurted unmannerly, unconcerned for her tact or politeness. "What the fuck is happening...This isn't happening...This isn't real." She tried to convince herself it was a dream, or a coma, or something. No reasonable explanation made itself known.

Harloteck
Harloteck continued to trudge along through the depths of the forest following invisible threads that only himself and his companion could. They stopped as the threads seemed to collect themselves in one point and as suddenly as they collected a huge rift formed sucking on the grand thread and many other things trees and monsters alike were pulled in with no regard for gravity nodding to his blood brother they stepped forward allowing themselves to be pulled through... destiny awaited them on the other side... and so they where both dumped into chaos scream and monster this was unsettling to say the least for the Larso the larazit however was unphased

The realm of Magi

As Aether made her way to the courtyard her brow furrowed as she heard the sounds of people screaming and explosions in the distance. She charged forward wondering what was goin on and was nearly bowled over as a mob of people began to press inwards. She placed her back to the wall so they could pass and watched as the guards all filed in after them. However they backed up with their shields raised and blood on their weapons. She flagged one of them down and wgen he noticed her he smiled and nodded beginning to shove some of the other men aside so she could make it through. Upon making it to the courtyard her voice was caught in her throat. The sky was red, a giant rip in the heavens above seemed to cast a menacing red hue over the world. That was when she saw the smaller red rifts two of which had opened in the courtyard and apparently many more were opening all over the world because dozens of strange creatures flew overhead swooping down only to be smote from the sky by an arcing bolt of lightning. She follwed its ion trail to the origin finding her father and mother standing shoulder to shoulder in front of one of the two rifts. Her father was evaporating the creatures that poured through. Whereas her mother was sniping creatures out of the sky. She turned to the other rift to see a large creature start to climb out only to have zudo land on its face and deliver several thunderous blows to its skull causing it to turn back and run into the portal. As he landed he picked up a large pebble and chucked it like a bullet at the wall. Cracks spiderwebbed from where the rock landed but with it came a spray of blood as a strange insect fell off od the wall with its camouflage now revealed to the world.

After the people were secure the guards returned with reinforcements, pouring into the courtyard they began to surround the two portals. Now content in his peoples safety the king turned from his portal to address the men amd what came next happened so fast no one was prepared. A strange glossy black humaniod creature leapt out of the portal aiming for the kings back. His wife saw it coming and leapt in front shoving her husband aside and letting out a cry as the creatures long sharp claws pierced her chest coming out her back. The kings cry of rage filled the courtyard vibrating the very air itself as he grabbed the creature by the back of its neck and yanked it the rest of the way out of the portal. Shouting for his men to detain the creature.
~~~
A few short moments later a meeting was being held by the grand king and the the other kings. Here they decided that Aethers proving would instead be venturing into a third portal that had appeared in the farmlands a few miles south of the kingdom. This one had spawned no creatures, though it did swallow a cow. As Aether and Zudo stared down the portal they both dismounted their horses. No sense in bringing a Mount into sources know where. "Im scared Zudo. Who even knows where we are going, why would they send us to a place we dont even know if we can breathe." She said but Zudo seemed to ignore her as he walked towards the portal picking up a handful of grass and tossing it front of the portal. The grass was blown away and zudo looked to aether. "You'd be insane to not feel fear your majesty. But there is air there at the very least. Dont worry I wont let anything hurt you." he said calmly as she neared his side. "And what makes you so sure you can do anything about it?" she said locking arms eith him as they stepped towards the portal. "Have you Been living under a rock ma'am? Im the Lion of Magi, losing people is not something i do." Both of them shared a chuckle before they crossed into the portal arriving in the middle of Central park

TheresaMelania TheresaMelania
~~~
Bobby

He was the last one standing. Every other human that had went with him had already fallen and here he was surrounded by their killers. "You know im glad there are so many of you..." he said to the aliens before the casing around his core opened completely. He could feel the power beginning to hum through him and aapparently so could the vorinex because they began opening fire immediately. However their rounds wound up crosing the circle and slamming into each other as bobby launched himself into the air fast enough to leave a sonic boom in his wake. "BECAUSE IM ABOUT TO KILL ALL OF YOU!" his rage filled statement was punctuated by several bursts of explosive photons flying out of his eyes causing dozens of vorin to be sent hurtling through the air as the ground detonated beneath them. Before they even finished falling from that assault he had already landed again and launched himself forward with his thrusters his second sword extended from his thigh compartment and he tore into their ranks cleaving down threes and fours with each strike. By the time he reached his third second more than a hundred had already fallen and the ships were beginning to close in.

He launched himself at the first warship digging his blades into it and causing the slashes to detonate dropping the vessel just as another fired its prime cannon at him. His shields crackled and hissed as he was propelled backwards and pushed through a large building which then exploded under the weapons attack. He was flung to the ground and landed hard crackling with static as his servos compensated for the blow. He was on his 10th second now and he could already feel his systems struggling to keep up with the energy output. The ground shook beneath his hands and knees and he looked up to see the heavy mech coming towards him, its targeting systems begining to find a lock. He took off in a flash swinging his blade first through its legs and then driving it deep into the cockpit, leaping off of it just as it exploded. As soon as he landed however he was back into the fray. However something was off...the sky was begining to turn red. He chalked it up to his eyes straining under the energy of the core. But as he reached his 28th second a bright flash occured in front of him mid charge. It was a strange portal but with it appearing only three feet in front of him while he was moving at hypersonic velocities he had no time to react to it.

He exited the portal on his 29th second appearing right in front of a brick wall...and still moving remarkably fast. All he had time to do was raise his hands in front of his face as he smashed thriugh the brick wall, crashing through tables and chairs so fast no one was even aware of what it was before he had already smashed through the other wall. luckily missing any civilians along the way, he wound up out in the street flying towards another brick wall when the Overdrive form ender and he smashed through that wall slowing him down enough to be stopped when he smashed through the service counter of the Starbucks across the street. He rose to his feet crackling and spasming as his core shut down and he entered conservative mode. He was damaged, lost, and most of all pissed off. He was curious as to what happened sure, but he wasnt convinced he hadnt either been stricken by a vorinex weapon, or broke the damn light barrier and crossed dimensions. Regardless he needed to find a factory of some kind. He needed something to patch the cracks in his armor. So he rose without a word to the terrified barista and pulled his cloak from the storage compartment. "I need to find a mechanic, do you know where one is?" He said to the barista only to roll his eyes as she fainted. He turned to one of the patrons who swallowed hard before pointing to a Body shop down the road. "Thanks." was all he said before walking out the starbucks door...
~~~

Kevin

“It’s ok. I don’t know what’s going on but it’s going to be ok. I’m sure someone will show up to help. The army has to be on this. Right?” He paced back and forth a little bit in front of her, sweat beading on his face. Panic was starting to hit him as well, particularly as screams continued to echo inside. Penn Station was eerily empty for this time of day, likely because people tended to evacuate to outdoors in an emergency. Kevin’s footsteps on the stone floor echoed through the room. Suddenly Kevin turned around and grabbed Sarah by the shoulders, giving her one short but mostly gentle shake. “Come one Sarah, snap out of it. We have to do something. Get to the car or something.”

Behind him the wall began to ripple and out from it came a monstrous head with four eyes and sharp jagged teeth dripping saliva. Enormous hours stretching back along it’s head and body came next followed by misshapen claws and arms. In the arms there appeared to be small holes out of which flames occasionally sprouted. The monster opened its jaws eerily silently before making a click cliiick click click sound, just behind Kevin, it’s predator eyes focusing on Sarah.

99507bccb3da4d6ce991895cd0c2b58f.jpg

Seth

“Fucking hell,” Seth muttered under his breath as the phone chimed three times and said “The customer you are trying to reach is unavailable right now, please try your call again later.”

How can the police not be available? 911 isn’t working and I haven’t been able to reach anyone else. What is going on? His mind processed the thoughts on the back burner as he observed his surroundings, once again trying to call the number. Fortunately, other than him, this area was mostly deserted by people as soon as the bees had come through… whatever that thing was. There were two of the openings in the park, the one that spit out the bees which had disappeared for now and the other which spit out what looked like a cow. So far nothing else had come through.

Almost as if that thought had prompted it, out of the portal stepped a diminutive but admittedly beautiful woman whose arm was locked with a man quite her opposite. The two of them had an odd haze around them. The area around the woman looked pearlescent, though faint, while the man’s was an almost evergreen color. As he looked the hazes seemed to grow stronger. Almost as if sensing the disturbance, a loud buzzing sound started again and the bees came swarming through the sky straight toward the pair. “Watch out!” Seth shouted, throwing himself out of the bushes toward the pair and pointing at the incoming insects.

Harima and Eskal

Harima sat partially submerged in a pool of water watching Eskal swim back and forth through the pool and underneath the gentle waterfall. Despite being giant, he still loved swimming in the water and took to it almost like a fish. A gentle smile curved her lips while she watched him enjoying the time off. They had trekked for days, hoping to stumble across something. So far no luck. It wasn’t like the portals were particularly easy to find. They often appeared in the middle of nowhere and most of the creatures who came through at first died quickly when they couldn’t find shelter in the heat or extreme cold. It was wishful thinking to imagine that they would just stumble across it…

Almost like fate, a shimmering began to form several feet above the pool, splitting open to form a portal through which nothing came. Harima cried out, her voice ululating in victory. “Eskal! Come!” Excitedly, she circled the pool, looking for the best way to reach the pool. Even standing on Eskal’s back to couldn’t reach high enough… but maybe…

Beckoning to Eskal, she climbed up to the top of the ridge where the waterfall began and looked down at the portal. She grinned and clambered onto Eskal’s back, checking that she had all of her items quickly and they were secured. “Let’s go! No waiting!” Powerful muscles bunching underneath him, the two catapulted through the portal…

Times Square

…and straight into a crowd of panicking people. Underneath them the ground was hard but flat, unnatural, and on either side stood giant monoliths with surfaces that reflected like water and enormous moving images.

Amana

Amana rose from her seat in the corner of the “Starbucks” as it was evidently called and followed the strange metal man. Her hood was up, the grey-white more suited to the snowy scape she had come from but it worked well enough to blend in with the crowds of strangely dressed people here. Chaos was happening around them, she knew, but it mattered very little. Right now the goal was to find beings who actually needed her assistance. This man appeared to be one of them. She couldn’t tell where the portal he had come from led to as there were vastly too many portals in the area. Normally the portals hummed like a song, each singing a different tune. But now they were a cacophony, hundreds of songs trying to drown one another. Some screamed.

The man headed toward a building labelled “Body Shop” and she followed, not trying to hard to remain inconspicuous. The sooner he noticed her, the sooner she would be able to speak with him. But she didn’t want to interrupt his goals if he was set on doing something. For now she would simply follow.

Sarah looked up at the creature slowly, her mind numbed by the unthinkable imagery before her, before letting out an ear piercing scream and turning to run the opposite direction deeper into Penn Station. She pulled Kevin along by his shirt, encouraging him to follow. As they ran, she pulled her backpack in front of her and rummaged inside it for a few seconds. "Fuck, fuck where is it." She cursed. Eventually, she removed a black balisong knife and opened it in her hand. "Kevin, I don't know what is going on, or what that thing is. But I'm not dying here. And if that means we have to kill this thing, you better help me, because I'm not doing it alone." A strange sense of courage swept over Sarah. Her tone unshaken and her grip steady, her fear had vanished. She took another look back at the creature, and she continued to run; realizing her words were fabrications of a courage she wished she had. "B-but we should find a way out of here." She suggested, scanning the area for a possible exit.

"Hey, what's going on?" Kevin exclaimed, throwing his hands over his ears as Sarah screamed. He glanced over his shoulder, seeing the terrifying visage right behind him opening its jaw wide for a bite. When Sarah pulled on his shirt, he jolted forward, cursing as they ran. "Come on, we gotta keep moving," he said nervously as she searched through her bag.

"Kevin, I don't know what is going on, or what that thing is. But I'm not dying here. And if that means we have to kill this thing, you better help me, because I'm not doing it alone."

"But I don't have any weapons. I don't just have a k-knife in my backpack like you do!" Kevin looked back over his shoulder as she looked back, seeing the creature come out of the wall and begin walking after them. It didn't seem to be moving very quickly. "I think it's toying with us..." He looked around for an exit as they started running again and pointed at the large doors that led outside. "We could take our chances outside, with that other creature. At least there are other people out there too... Where could we get better weapons?" He glanced back again to see the monster picking up speed. "Ummm, Sarah? I think it might be done toying with us. Got another one of those knives or something?" The monster started picking up speed, it's strides becoming longer and its steps ominously thunderous on the stone floor.

Unchosen Unchosen

Sarah pondered hard on Kevin's question. Finding a weapon to kill abominations from another world would be difficult to come by, and considering no gunfire could be heard outdoors, no military weapons were being used in the immediate vicinity. Leaving to go outside was not an option either. The monster would surely catch them before they could escape. Her mind reeled with possibilities, what could they do. "No more knives, but I got an idea. Run!" She said, and veered from Kevin, sprinting to the stairs leading deeper into the station before hopping over them and rushing down the stairs.

Last edited:
Kevin whirled about, looking for an avenue of escape as Sarah kept running. As she went down the stairs, the creature glanced in her direction and began chasing her. Partly out of sheer terror, Kevin stood petrified as the creature chased after Sarah. Once it had disappeared at the bottom of the stairs he shuddered and breathed. "Oh God..." he muttered, knees buckling. After a glance around, he saw stairs heading upwards and hurried toward them.

Down below the creature stalked Sarah, thrashing its tail back and forth across the floor. It made an odd scratching sound every time which blended oddly with the heavy footfalls and the occasional click cliiick clickclick the monster made with its mouth. Occasionally a small burst of flames came out of the various holes on its body, coming more and more frequently. A soft orange glow began growing inside its mouth as it once more caught sight of Sarah, picking up speed towards her.

Zudo & Aether

As the two waited for their eyes to adjust the sounds of panic and screaming filled their ears. When they finally adjusted the first thing they saw was the cow, alive and well. The farmer would be happy to see that. The other thing they saw was a lad running over to them waving his arms and pointing. "Oh look a native." he said with a grin, but as he turned and looked behind him that grin faded and his eyebrows raised. He wondered for a second if they were other native species until he saw the strange insectoid creatures attacking people then it didnt matter anymore. "Aether, take the lad and for a parameter around the cow. Ill cover you." he had dispensed with the pleasantries and his usually lax tone was authoritative and firm. Aethr turned to say something but upon seeing the insects she but her tongue. A good thing too because Zudo wouldnt have heard her.

The ground exploded beneath his feet and a burst of wind whipped aethers hair around. Meanwhile she turned and began sprinting towards the young man fast enough that Usain bolt wouldve been ashamed. As she reached the young man she hooked her arm into the crook of his elbow and dragged him along woth her towards the cow. She noticed Zudo stop in front of a woman who was about to be skewered. Her eyes widened as he snapped the creatures exposed stinger off and planted it firmly in its chest in a fraction of a second before turning to swat another into a messy paste, then seeming to be in two places at once for a moment as he smashed the two approaching from the womans right and left. Then he pressed onward shouting to the woman "RUN TO THE COW." the woman turned and looked at the beast with its two people around it as if it were a shelter in a hurricane and stumble ran to them.

it was around this time that Aether remembered she was supposed to be setting up a parameter. First thing was making the lad useful.
"I hope you can use a sword sir." she said as she clapped her hands together and flames wrapped around them. As she pulled her hands apart the flames condensed into a sword. In her minds eye she envisioned the lads face to ensure the flames would not burn him. Afterwards she pushed its handle towards him. "You did come running up to me and My companion in order to save lives correct?" she said removing her hands from around her spell and leaving the sword floating there with its hilt facing Seth. She then thrust both hands out unleashing lines of fire that became burning whips in her hands. However there was a problem, those three spells had drained alot of mana. She doubted she had any more than three or four spells of that caliber left in her. But why? Normally those spells would've been a cake walk. Done casually amd without a second thought.

Yet her time to think was cut short. Several of the bees had flown after the woman who was just now reaching their little party. She promptly threw herself down between the cow and a tree cowering. Yet Aether Stepped forward. "I never was very fond of bugs." she said as she cracked the whip towards the creature cleaving a set of wings off one and the head off of another In one swing no less. The other wasp she struck with the whip wrapping it around the torso before pulling and cutting it into sizzling chunks. She grinned as she approached the new woman to see if she was able to help fight, but as her back turned a fourth bee slipped away from the group making a Bee-line for her with its stinger at the ready.
TheresaMelania TheresaMelania
~~~

Bobby

As bobby stepped into the street and trudged over to the body shops garage door he noted that he could hear screams and other horrid sounding things. He needed a weapon, none of his battle equipment would be ready for at least a day, but first he needed to repair the cracks in his armor the Vorinex warship had caused. He went to lift the door and felt an unusual amount of resistance. Looking down he noticed the padlock on the opening mechanism. He looked both ways before kneeling beside it and grabbing the padlock with a firm grip then tearing it off with more effort than he would've cared to admit.

He then unlocked the garage door and raised it up only to be greeted with the retort of a shotgun. Luckily bobbies targeting systems and nightvision features were still active. His eyes needed no time to adjust and he saw the man and his gun before the round ever fired. He was able to promptly drop into a shoulder roll avoiding all but a few tiny pellets which hit the thicker armor of his legs rather than his face. They managed to bounce off relatively uselessly. The man shouted as he walked closer. "You aint gonna loot my shop ill tell ya th-." bobby cut him off by rising quickly from the corner of the table he had rolled to for cover. One of his hands closed its vice like grip around the shotgun snatching it from the mans hands as his other hand shoved him backwards hard enough to send him skidding a few feet on his backside.

"Are you a mechanic?" Bobby said as he trained the gun on the man. By this time the mans eyes had adjusted and he got a good look at what he was dealing with. His face went pale and he simply nodded. "Then i am correct to assume you have epoxy. Aluminum based, Steel based, Copper based, and Lead based." the man shook his head and weakly ssaid. "i aint got no copper base, but i got the rest....you gonna kill me aint ya." he looked ready to make peace with the idea at least. Yet bobby had other plans. "No but im taking this." he said holding up the shotgun. "And whatever ammunition you may have. I will also need you services in repairing my outer armor. I cant pay you back now, but i can promise you i will see that you are properly compensated." he said lowing the shotgun and giving the man time to think about it.
~~~

Harloteck
interactions: TheresaMelania TheresaMelania Unchosen Unchosen
harloteck raised his head looking around, there wasn't much.. it appeared whatever this place was seemed to be one of those city places the humans, it was interesting sniffing the air he smelled some sort of huge creature.. perhaps it would go good with curry? or even as a steak or some sort of Sunday? it sounded great and with that harloteck endeavored to follow the smell, running towards the creature as it seemed to be charging at something, only to run into a building that was in his way, and harloteck just used the door? what do you think he would have done breaking through the wall, no but he did have to duck underneath the door frame yelling with a botsours and rumbling roar the larazit was ready for the hunt and whatever this creature was.. would soon be but a fine dish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back