Other Random question of the day

Probably whisper. I'd kill my vocal cords pretty fast if I only shouted. With whisper you could use mic for amplification at least.

I've had to call the Poison Control a few times as part of my job. They were very professional and, as far as I could tell, knew what they were doing.

No, closest I came was 911. Someone in world chat had started talking about suicide using their Dad’s service weapon. I gave authorities my access info for my account- a rule violation technically. Fastest way to assess the situation and verify. Guy may have been joking, but wasn’t going to take a chance on that.

Random question of the day:

Have you ever called a hotline before? If so, what are your experiences with this?
No, I used a text hotline. I can't really remember most of the experience. I have considered calling before, but I hate phone calls. And no matter how terrible I feel, I will find any way to avoid a phone call. Funny, but also not funny considering the situation. Laughing is allowed.

Random question of the day:

What's the most interesting plot for an RP you've ever done?
interesting is probably very subjective. But the last group RP I tried to run here was set in the late 60's. Small town USA, and its summertime. an unidentified flying object crashes into the desert by a military base. some of the local teens go to investigate it but are scooped up by military personnel. Unbeknownst to anyone, a second ufo touches down undetected.

Essentially, the plot was that the PCs would take the role of a combination of the townsfolk and/or teens and/or even some non-soldier scientists on base. They eventually make contact with an alien from the second craft that was hunting down an alien from the first craft that crashed. The military has taken over the crash site, but the alien from the crashed ufo is missing.

I had a lot of fun making this set up. But i never got enough interest to start (which is basically what happens every time I pitch a roleplay)

Depends mainly on how Gandaflf viewed the fight. Dumbledore is operating under and extremely generous and flexible magic system, but if both were going all out, it’s still a “human” fighting what’s essentially a demigod. The thing is though Gandalf’s king isn’t usually allowed to go all out in their interference, and Gandalf has been shown to pull his punches even at the cost of his life. I don’t fully recall the Silmarilion, but I’m pretty sure he even kept a relatively low profile intervention against a fellow demigod Morgoth, basically Sauron’s boss. So he would have to perceive this fight as more of an existential threat than that to go all out, I reckon.

Dumbledore but only because I’m biased.

I’m a Harry Potter fan and I disliked all three of the LOTR movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back