Other Random question of the day

Almost every fantasy series would be shorter if anyone had a modern firearm. And skill wont matter as much as a bow, because snipers might do well in cqc, not as well as other guns, but much better than a sword or bow

I never played the game so either is fine. I assume they should be balanced anyway.

No answers yesterday. What a shame.

Random question of the day:

Would it be common for millennial and Generation Z parents to name their children after fictional characters in the future?

No answers yesterday. What a shame.

Random question of the day:

Would it be common for millennial and Generation Z parents to name their children after fictional characters in the future?
It's already happened - There are hundreds (thousands? not sure) of little Daenerys's and Khaleesis due to GOT, and Arya became a more popular choice. Whether it could be considered common is a question that leads to a deeper rabbit hole regarding name trends, as today's most popular names are a lot less popular than those over a hundred years ago.

" In the UK from 1800 to 1994, the popularity of the most frequent female and male names fell from 23.9% and 21.5% to 3.4% and 4.2%, respectively. The popularity of the ten most frequent names for females and males fell from 82.0% and 84.7% to 23.8% and 28.4%, respectively. " (Source: First Name Popularity in England and Wales over the Past Thousand Years)

To answer your question directly, I'd say no, it won't be, and isn't currently common. I do think it will be a trend we will see for generations to come, and I'm actually far more interested in what the naming trends of Gen Alpha will be.

Assuming said murder wants to kill you and you are running yes. Though a murderer could be chasing you for reasons other than murder or you could be unaware of their intentions, or the murderer could be walking slowly and dramatically to pad out the movie and enable jumpscares.

I would begin by prefacing that, in addition to 'rich people' in this case being a nebulous and shifting category that might include plenty of people of you wouldn't immediately think would fall into the higher percentiles of income, there is a good chance this perception is a case of the availability heuristic combined with survivorship bias. On one hand, it's what is portrayed most often in media (real and fictional), so it's what most easily comes to mind, and two the reason it is presented in the media in the first place is because that is more interesting as a piece of media than "X family is a set of perfectly normal parents and their children", neither of which is a reason to believe it's a statistically representative portrayal.

Applying it to cases where parents are indeed rich and terrible as parents, the potential causes that come to mind mostly fall into two broad categories: The reason they are rich in the first place, and money/power/status getting to their head and detaching them from reality. The first category in turn I would subdivide into 'things they have to do to get rich' and 'personality traits more likely to make someone rich'. For 'things they have to do to get rich', you have reasons like having to spend far too much time, energy and focus managing a company or set of companies, dealing with the maintenance of the social network they embedded themselves in, or the pressure of dangerous, dubious or even outright illicit practices getting to them. 'Personality traits more likely to make someone rich' could involve an extreme career focus, particular ways of seeing people that may not be compatible with parenting or great ambition...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Idea
Back