Other Random question of the day

It's fun to question it for a laugh, parodies etc... However consideration for means of criticism I don't think it's really productive. Some things are just conventions of the medium, maybe they don't follow logic so in a work that is meant to be realistic they wouldn't work, but otherwise they are part of what makes it fun. In my opinion anyways.

When it detracts from your investment in the story or world or resolves a plot in a contrived or convenient way, yes.

Pretty much any other time, no.

It depends on the show. Episodic comedies can get away with more. But serialized shows that tell an ongoing story and have continuity have to be a bit more careful, because if the writers flanderize a character or introduce a concept (give a character a power they don't use, introduce time travel or teleportation) that is out of line with the rest of the story, you can mess with people's immersion in the world.

Well whenever they went on vacation...yeah x)
Perks on living in an appartement, you don't have to be too sneaky when you have people over :D

I’d say Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey but that one already gets enough attention rofl. The little gem from the 80s that I love is called Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes. Something about that song makes me nostalgic for a time and a life I never knew.

I don't, even though I prefer to avoid spoilers for something I'm really interested in, but I won't hate people for telling them.
But I have a few friends friends who do and I'm afraid to discuss anything in front of them in case I slip up occasionally because they would be very upset.

The way I see it, if a story is only worth it when you don't know what happens next, then it's not a very good one. It only happens when the author or wheoever else is making the story, is relying only on the cheap trick of keeping everything undercover, only to reveal an extremely underwhelming and barely if at all connected finale.

Spoilers are still annoying because they rob you of the full first experience of a story...but I don't think they are fatal to good entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back