Other Random question of the day

Random question of the day:

Do you hate people who spoil games, movies and tv shows?

Not really. Had an online friend accidentally spoil both Infinity War and Endgame for me and I just kinda shrugged. Also had my best friend spoil that Rose Quartz was Pink Diamond while I was still on season 3 of Steven Universe. But storytelling in movies and cartoons is often painfully predictable and formulaic and I always felt that those were the directions the stories were headed in anyways.

Personally, I don't mind spoilers too much, unless it's for a video game I'm trying to play blind, because then I get annoyed if someone spoils the game.

Is entitlement something typically American?

I travel a lot, and seen all sorts of people, and it's a really hard question. All nations have their portion of entitled people, so I want to say "no". However, I also constantly notice there are more entitled people among americans, so I also want to say "yes".
I think it has to do with levels of living: the higher they are, the more people tend to get offended, scandallous and, yes, entitled. Just of boredom if nothing else.

Not in the slightest, entitlement exists anywhere, it's human nature.

That said, one cultural difference I learned between american culture versus european and asian cultures, is that an american is likely to own a compliment where an european or asian is likely to downplay, deny or return the compliment. American culture values self-confidence and drive higher than humility and one's role in the group, or something to that effect.

So, american entitlement tends to be more blatant.

No. No more than other nationalities. That being said, the entitled ones among us do tend to attract the most attention, especially when they travel abroad. But that issue isn't exclusive to Americans (to my understanding, people tend to have poorer impressions of Chinese and British tourists than Americans)

What's the worst gaming console you've ever played?
A gameboy. Well, it looked a little something like this:

Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-SP---Cobalt-Blue

To be fair, I don't know if (for the time) it was particularly bad or even bad at all. I only had a couple games for it and I recall them being more frustrating to me than anything, pretty low on the entertainment value over all.

What's the worst gaming console you've ever played?

Do those silly joysticks that have maybe 5 arcade classic games on it count? Otherwise, my Xbox 360. It was a great system overall but my Xbox ate so many disks.... It costed more money to run it than I had at the time. Disappointing when my favorite games get ruined by cats jumping on the TV stand.

The Wii. I'm sorry but I remember having one but no good games to play on it. The motion control was wonky as all heck, the graphics were pretty bad. (There were game cube games that were more fun and had better graphics.)

Will there ever be a monopoly within the business sector?
I mean...I do believe there currently are.

That said, even if I'm mistaken we certainly have near-monopolities that effectively function the same as a monopoly just with a different type of organization at the top, and we have things which are debatable monopolies like patents, which are single "product" monopolies (note: technically it's not "products" but eh, potato potato).

No answers to yesterday's question. What a shame.

Will there ever be a monopoly within the business sector?

I tend to not watch a lot of movies nor do I know a thing about history so I'm not really qualified to answer this question.

There are monopolies within the buisness sector. There have been, and their always will be. Regulation will always lag behind capitalism.

Do you bear a resemblance to a celebrity?
Wasn't quite sure how to answer this question. I feel like I should say yes, but no I do not resemble any celebrity, nor do any of them resemble me. I am not quite sure if that is a good or bad thing. Haha.

No.
But I share last name with a celebrity and when I was little I've often been asked if I'm their child. (I'm not even related lol just a coincidence)

Maybe? Like I can’t think of any I share a resemble with, but there are so many there’s probably one that resembles anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back