Other Random question of the day

Jack Black. I know he used to be more of a live action actor, but his work in the KFP movies is incredible. Not a lot of voice actors are their character sin the way JB is Po.

First and only video game crush.

a5df78e4cb06e94b553095e80dc646fc.png

Rikku and Blitzball were the only good things about FFX.

No answers to yesterday's question. I guess it's understandable.

Random question of the day:

If you could bring back one discontinued video game franchise, which would it be?

Definitely Grims Notes. I saw and was terribly disappointed by the anime, but it interested me enough in trying to look up the supposedly free game. By the time I did though, I discovered the international version had been shut down on pretty much the same day the anime started airing.

The Command & Conquer series. Hell, I would take another C&C Generals. The titles after that just didn’t really do it for me

Because people that enforce laws have to hurt in order to protect, even when the crime is small. On TV a cop is always chasing after some murderer or kidnapper, and everyone can get behind that, but in reality most of what cops do is routine stuff like traffic tickets, telling you where you should or shouldn't be, etc... A person smoking an illegal substance may just think it's cool or just want to relax or something, say "I am not hurting anyone", but the law is the law and it's the police's job to enforce it. So in day to day life, it's easier to see law enforcement as "killjoys" of sorts.

Matters are only made worse when politics or serious emergencies get involved, which force the police to take drastic measures. After all, they are playing a game where they have to follow the rules, but what defines their opponents is not following those rules.

Why do people mistreat and nag the police so much?
From what I've seen here in the States, there is very little oversight of police forces, so they are rarely held accountable for misconduct. I don't mean to imply that most cops aren't normal people who are just trying to put food on the table, but I've known some cops that absolutely should not be cops (e.g, overly aggressive, impulsive, corrupt, prejudiced, just all around immoral). There are a lot of instances where police act way out of line -- sometimes committing terrible crimes themselves -- then basically get away with it, or have those incidents be actively covered up by fellow officers. Absolute power with not enough checks.

So yeah, I'm definitely not one of those "Blue Lives Matter" guys.

Last edited:

Why do people mistreat and nag the police so much?
I think it’s a mix of things, and not such a narrow question. People get hyped, and want to fight things that might not be the issues they think they are. Just like we shouldn’t let some bad people represent a minority, we shouldn’t let bad people represent an entire police force. I think everything is corrupt to some degree, and when given a gun a person is always subject to the wrong actions, a badge means nothing to someone having a bad day or the wrong idea. I think people who are cops have abused power, just like people have abused power for as long as forever. I don’t think there should be an automatic prejudice for people that are generally risking their lives for us, but it’s also hard to feel sympathy when they’re never actually there when you need them or don’t take your situation seriously enough to show up until someone has already died. Any cop I’ve met in my entire life just wants to sit on the road side and hide until some person in a hurry is a good candidate for a ticket. And that’s their contribution lol. And I think that’s what most people choose to see are the ticket givers and the ones who said “well they haven’t been missing long enough so let’s wait till they’re really kidnapped before we act” lol.

I don’t hate cops. I don’t hate minorities. I react to individuals being individuals. I don’t blur the lines and make everyone responsible for everything. But I wouldn’t say cops don or don’t deserve nagging. I think people need to decide how much government they want controlling things.

Honestly neither, but if I had to choose I’d choose New York. There is nothing appealing to me about LA, and Miami just seems hot and over rated too. Lol

New York, Los Angeles or Miami?
New York City is cool because everything you could ever want is within walking distance and there's tons of stuff to do, excellent food, and all the culture you could ever dream of to partake in. The transportation system there is excellent, and it's one of the few, if not the only, American city where you're better off not owning a car. The downside is that it's extremely expensive, cramped, and crowded.

Never been to LA, but I have had friends who've lived there. It's similar to New York in some ways (expensive, a lot of stuff to do, great food), except the weather's much nicer and it's not nearly as crowded. The trade off is that there's a lot more sprawl (you'll be sitting in traffic for hours every day to get anywhere) and there is some real crime. If you don't have a car, you're basically trapped in your own neighborhood.

Can't really speak for Miami.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Idea
Back