Other Random question of the day

Random question of the day:

What's the hardest first level you've ever played in a video game?
Shadow of the Beast for the Sega Genesis.
I'm actually not sure which one is the first level because you essentially have two options. You can go left and go down into this ridiculous underground maze of a tree. and it's a pain in the ass just to GET to the boss (much less kill it), OR you can go right and you go through this killer run across a field where monsters come at you from the front, above, behind, and even up from the ground. Did I mention the giant, black hands?

The hardest part? The game gives you 3 lives. No continues. And back then there was no such thing as save files, either. Also, your health bar wasn't measured in points but rather this mimicry of an EKG heart monitor thing. When you took damage, it beat faster. Once it beat too fast, you died.

R.png

Last edited:
Resistance: Fall of Man. Good god, I have never died so often in my life. I was not prepared for just how hard that game was. The learning curve is easily the most brutal I've ever experienced in a shooter and it's before you gain your abilities like regen, so any health lost is just gone.

I just added a new notice at the beginning of this thread. Be sure to check it out.

Is it true that being governor of Alaska is like being the principal of a home school?

I just added a new notice at the beginning of this thread. Be sure to check it out.

Is it true that being governor of Alaska is like being the principal of a home school?
I know nothing of governing, nor of home schooling. So... pass?

Entire internet, no.
In some small communities yes, it wasn't intentional but escalated fast.

Have you ever unintentionally started a heated debate on the internet?
yes. I've since learned to keep certain opinions of mine to myself. Or to state them in very dulled pronouncement. People can get very butthurt about the silliest issues nowadays.

Yes. But they weren't any of the bigshot streamers, the chats were not super busy so they responded to everyone.

I vaguely recall it happening, but I don't recall who the streamer or what the comment was. So it probably amounts to nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back