Other Random question of the day

No, at worst they're flawed people doing their best. Greg portrays them as unreasonable because a) even the best middle schoolers are going to buck against discipline, b) Greg's kind of an asshole.

Edit: clarification

Random question of the day:

What's the craziest news story you've ever found in your local newspaper?
I live in the US borderland right up against one of Mexico's most violent cities. So we actually get news from a lot of Narco stuff pretty often. If I were to travel a few miles south and pick up the Mexican paper, you will read about violent murders daily. Sometimes entire families gunned down in their car in broad daylight. They average something like 100 murders a month, no lie. (and that's just the ones they find)

Oddly enough, its actually pretty safe and even downright BORING on this side of the Texas border.

I don't usually follow the local news, but one time I came home to find a bunch of CSI cars and the fire department parked at the mechanic's shop next door. Turns out someone had found a body in the backseat of a burning car, and that was the mechanic it'd been taken to. They declared it a murder, but I never found out if they caught the guy who did it.

Oh, and there was a garage sale in a smaller town in the county that was so popular someone set up their hot dog cart next to it.

Random question of the day:

Why do taxis and buses exist in the Cars franchise if nobody is capable of riding them?
Why do the cars have doors? Or seats? Why do they emulate human architecture when everything should be built around roads and tires? How do they create fine components when they have no fingers?

There's a theory that there used to be humans in the cars universe, but then the cars killed their owners and subsumed their personalities. The taxis and busses are probably left over from the humans.

Pretty standard stuff: Whining, crying, sitting on the floor and refusing to move, snot running down their face. Can't say that there has been anything that really stuck out as particularly terrible.

Fortunately, my little guy is pretty good about me telling him "No". At least, in public.

Usually the dead fish ones. The ones who like fall to the floor, screaming and if their parents try to pick them up, they go all dead fish and limp to make it as hard as possible. Think absolute worst one I saw was this mom told her daughter no, started walking down the lane, her daughter turned around, stomped over to a giant glass jar of pickles and pushed it off the shelf.

Usually the dead fish ones. The ones who like fall to the floor, screaming and if their parents try to pick them up, they go all dead fish and limp to make it as hard as possible. Think absolute worst one I saw was this mom told her daughter no, started walking down the lane, her daughter turned around, stomped over to a giant glass jar of pickles and pushed it off the shelf.
LOLOL. My kiddo does do that. without the screaming of course. And mostly just at home. like when he doesnt want to go somewhere. Or doesnt want to leave the room, etc. He's about 40 lbs. So if he does that, I just sling him over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes. At which, he almost always finds extremely amusing.

Kinda, sorta, but not really. Quesadillas usually have more components then grilled cheese. I mean you can have like grilled cheese with some ham in there, but usually it's just two slices of bread and some melted cheese. Quesadillas can vary far more from just cheese to having the filling you'd expect to find in a burrito or fajita. To me, Quesdaillas are more akin to a sandwich then a grilled cheese sandwich in how much they can vary and with what you shove inside.

I think it is more the popularity of cheese quesadillas that give this illusion [And even then, most cheese quesadillas have chicken or some other protein in them].

EDIT: Disclaimer: I am not exactly deep into Spanish food cultures and prefer Tex-Mex, so take what I say on this with the a giant heaping of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back