• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Vera Valle

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ruins Team
Markus clucked his tongue as the attack seemingly bounced off Milutin. He knew how poorly his Pokemon was going to take that. “Just my luck I guess…” Tyrunt gave a loud roar in frustration before forming another orb in its mouth, violet in color and sizzling with energy.

“Tch, Shade, don’t let that Magnemite anywhere near!” Valerie called to her Murkrow who squawked in reply. Before it had a chance to do anything, a flash of light appeared in the middle of the chamber, releasing Mandrawl.

"Oh no..." Was all the third researcher managed to say before the small Whismur cried. The echo against the chamber walls only made the pokemon’s voice that much louder. Everyone’s ears were going to be left ringing once this was over.

Tyrunt’s dragon pulse left a crater between Kenneth's Pokemon and it roared again before charging at Mandrawl. It would have tackled him, had the floor not rumbled. Everyone turned to see a golden, baleful eye glowering at them. Startled, Valerie lost her grip on the splicer letting Milutin retrieve it. ”Huh, ” Markus managed weakly, ”I guess noise can wake it…” Sensing what Tyrunt was going to do, he recalled the Pokemon.

Groudon didn't move or make a sound. Despite that, the seconds that passed seemed to last an eternity before the calamity pokemon was dragged back into its torpor. ”Incredible…” Valerie whispered, briefly forgetting the stolen device. ”If only I could've taken some readings.”

”Readings?” The third researcher stood, ”readings!? That thing could've killed us and that's all you think about?”

”Hard to believe you're the same guy that got face to face with Raikou...”

Kenneth Vano

Kenneth covered his eyes as the Dragon Pulse kicked up some dust. He could hear Mandrawl's cry as it scampered back when the Dragon Pulse made contact with the ground. Looking up again, he saw that Mandrawl was sitting still and was practically glued to the spot. Milutin still had its magnets fixated forward from his early command, and clearly not phased by the Tyrunt's attack. He frowned. Usually by the end of another attack, Mandrawl would go cry his rear off again. His eyes tracked everyone's line of sight and was met with the huge hulking red mass of molten lava, that was now awake, that was Groudon. His jaw dropped. It wasn't until the clang from the Gene Splicer coming into contact with the floating magnet Pokemon that he was broken out of his awe.

Quickly taking out his camera, he snapped a picture as the Groudon as it went back to its slumber. Hopefully the image quality didn't suffer from the dim to bright lighting of the cave. With a smile, he took the Gene Splicer from Milutin. "Mandrawl, we're getting out. Use Smokescreen!" Being broken of his fear by the sound of his trainer's voice, Mandrawl breathed in and breathed out black smoke. With their exit seemingly covered, Kenneth returned Mandrawl and made a dash for it. Reese was following him, so he didn't need to worry about him.

Milutin followed closely behind the teen as he made his way out of this caverns. Kenneth's frown brought itself back up as he made his way out of the ruins. Hopefully he would be able to take a good, long break. At least he didn't receive and my injuries nor sores from this mission. Though he still had to run a few errands which made him a little upset. He had to report the mission was a success, get Asuka some snacks, restock on supplies, and groom Mandrawl before he could actually get some rest. With a sigh, he pressed onward. The last thing he needed was the blasted Murkrow to steal the Gene Splicer from them again.

Eric Wolfe

As Machoke intercepted Freja’s strike, she growled under her breath watching it drop from the blow. It was hard enough to do some permanent damage to the generator, bruising a Machoke was easy enough. Then it stood with a laugh and crossed its arms. Because of course it was still using Bide. Knowing what was coming, she just sighed and braced for the inevitable counterattack.

Eric continued creeping closer to Dave, a smirk tugging at his lips. He still hadn’t been noticed, it would have been frustrating had he not been trying to sneak up on the guy. Red eyes narrowed at the corrupted looking pokeball that was brought out. What the hell was inside that? Eric didn’t have much time to dwell on it as a red wave of energy knocked him off his feet, Freja slamming into him before they both slammed into the chasm wall.

He groaned, seeing small Jirachi dancing in the edges of his vision. Eric was pretty sure that blow chipped a tooth. He shot a glare at the laughing Machoke, all he wanted was to knock the smug look off its face. Freja stopped him before he could stand and rush it. “Riii rio ri?”

“No, but what the hell are we supposed to do with it!?”

Freja rolled her eyes and gestured towards Micah. She didn’t wait for a response before turning towards the Haunter. She’d briefly overheard the exchange between it and its trainer before being sent flying. While not catching all of it, she had heard enough. “Ri rio riii~!” She called out, waving to it.

“What the hell Freja, you're not supposed to fraternize with the enemy!”

Everyone stopped as the area began to rumble, Eric and Freja looking up with the others at the sudden massive avalanche of ice and snow. Eric almost felt bad for the grunt that was buried along with his pokemon and the generator. Almost. The duo could only stare as the Swinub made its entrance. Freja in dumbstruck silence, and Eric in a mix of awe and confusion. It was so… cool! How could something so dumb be so cool!?

But it was also yet another thing stealing his spotlight. He was supposed to be the hero here, dammit! And yet here he was, being outdone by a fucking Swinub.

Freja facepalmed at the fissure. It would have been a devastating attack, might have even taken out the Machoke, had it actually landed. But it struck a pose anyway. It and Eric would probably get along.

They were both idiots.

Ganryu Ganryu RoninN7 RoninN7

The next time Jack returned to the team Blackleaf hideout Mansel was absent, called away on some business or other, but a rather curt note had been left behind with his name on it.

Jack, our next targets will require a certain device I’ve been meaning to put together for a while. I have the blueprints and most of the parts ready to go, but we stashed a few of the key components in the Ante Gym safe house which we had to pull out from after the incident. We need those components though, so I want you to head over there and retrieve them, take the new hire, it’ll be a useful experience for them I’m sure.
-Mansel

Then, in the bottom corner of the note, written in an eye piercing shade of pink gel ink was an additional missive.

Hiya! I was reading through the bosses mail and happened to see this, sounds like fun! But more importantly, that gym is like, suuuuper haunted and also full of old Blackleaf tech and the combination of negative energy and machinery means one thing! ROTOMS! I happen to need one of those lil cuties for a business venture I had in mind so if you can pick one up for me I’ll cut you in! Watch out though I hear they can be a tad mischievous
<3 Verity

Jack stared at the note(s) for abit of time, frustration already building preemptively… Sooner or later his heart was gonna give out from all this. Who died and made HIM the senior babysitter- Oh, right, the admin.

Well he wasn't an admin he was being paid well enough to be one. Well, he wasn't gonna deny the man paying his cheques this much, god knows he needs to keep stashing away more cash before some teenaged trainer comes in and mops the floor with everyone.

He actually was one of the higher paid guys so… That's cool…

Not that money means he's good at battling any more now than then.

And a ghost infested gym… he'll need some back up… So the newbie would be good.

He… just needs… to find the guy...

Yay….

Hope they ain't one of those "I'll battle anything that moves" types…

"What a pain…." The man moaned as he started to head out and find this newbie.

“What a pain...I have to report back to these weirdos. They’re all definitely weirdos,” Truth said as he made his trek to the hideout. He would often go out and do just enough before checking in. In all honesty he felt a bit distinguished, as if an asterisk should be by his name when discussing team blackleaf. He didn’t know them all that well, only what he had heard from others, but from what he could surmise, Truth came to the conclusion that he was normal. The bigger pain of course would be opposing a group so hell bent on causing mayhem and mischief. The new problem was that he would naturally have to deviate from his own desires to follow orders and partake in missions from time to time. Truth was following a GPS he had installed on his computer just to make sure he wouldn’t get lost. He wasn’t that familiar with the are, or his hide out. Omega floated close by, seemingly interested in the contraption; nevertheless, Truth, or T-Rex, a nickname he loathed since it was first bestowed upon him, paid him no mind. “He looked at Omega for a few seconds before sighing. “Please...save me from the brain cells I will undoubtedly be forced to part with.”

The beldum seemed to panic just a little bit, realizing such a feat was outside of its power, and on cue Truth stumbled upon one of his coworkers. J-j...jared? “...Hello,” Truth said rather robotically, purposely avoiding his name since there was a chance he would be wrong.

Jack swerved around on his heels so quick you'd think the floor was freshly waxed. 10/10 smooth moves from Johson. "Yo, you the newbie? Name is Jack Johson, about as bland a name as it gets.

Good to meet-" he paused as he saw the beldum, eyes meeting it's one. He never truly understood some steel types, some could eat, with evidence of it… But… Do Beldum… eat? If so… how?

Do they poop for that matter?

Asking the big questions in your head so you don't sound like an idiot is a key skill he gotten long ago. Made him look smart and thoughtful.

"Ah- This is Pecha." He motioned behind his back to a empty Pecha spot. The zubat coming down from above the trio below and landing atop his head roughly.

"Ah, rough on the neck. Glad your not a golbat yet."

Yo? Oh god he’s using slang. He must be some sort of gangster. Truth carried a blank expression as he allowed Jack to finish his initial introduction. He was impressed by his ability to move so fluidly, but this appeared to be going in the direction he predicted. His reaction to Omega didn’t go unnoticed, but not even Truth would have been able to guess what Jack was thinking. After he finished the final introductions. Truth gave a slight bow out of respect and then proceeded to introduce himself.
“Truth Rexword, and this is Omega” he said flatly as he pointed to Omega’s previous position that was now noticeably empty. “Omega, cease...you’re not a zubat,” Truth said without looking in its direction. Meanwhile, a frantic Omega that was incapable of stopping its momentum swiftly crashed into the ground to avoid hitting Truth. “I’m sorry, he can be very impressionable. Are you a rough necked gangster?” Truth said as he drastically shifted the conversation without batting an eye. He had to know if this man would hinder the mission.

...Rough necked gangster? Jack ran the thought over in his head as he leaned on his heels scratching the back of his neck. He only mumbled “Only the highest paid grunt by large…” he cleared his throat. “Nah, I’m kind of a… tech dude? I like to build stuff and make things better, simple really… An apparently the newly appointed “most experienced with legendaries” as Mansel put it…” his experience included alot of running away more than anything.

“But see our job ain’t with one, we just gotta head to an old gym we used to HAUNT and pick up some of our left behind stuff. Much easier than stealing a generator that’s for sure.” he sighed and watched Omega.. Wondering if he’d eat berries? Or does he eat metal like an Aron he saw out in the park not to long ago.

Cute things, he tossed it a paperclip and it tried to catch it mid air with a flip… tried at least.

“Tech...dude,” Truth repeated as he tried to comprehend what that could entail since Jack didn’t seem totally sure about it himself. He would go on to vaguely elaborate what that meant. To summarize it all Truth just chalked it up to him being the old guy. At the very least he wouldn’t have to worry about putting his life in the hands of a moron. Nevertheless, he seemed to lack ambition.

“So wait...we’re basically just packing up our stuff? Doesn’t sound like much of a mission. Sounds like we work for a moving company.” Truth sighed as he thought about not being able to see legendaries right away. “90% of the reason I joined was to in fact spot legendaries...”

“Hahaha, don’t it? Well, we’re all about legendary spotting, but the footwork before doing so is massive if you want to stay alive during the attempt. That,m or you replace it all with luck.” he scratched his head, which Pecha muscled in on the scratching replacing Jack’s head with it’s own in the whole scratching situation.

“But hey, to each their own, I'm here to make my pay cheque. Come on, bike is over here.” he began to walk over to his ride, tossing Truth… What a weird ass name… A helmet. “I know more about dodging legendaries’ bullshit than anything. You can only really see so much of em when your running for your life from embodiments of what have you.” he began doing his check up on the motorcycle, a high tech looking thing, but still looking used well enough that it lacks the luster it may have had when new. It was, however, a very big bike.

Like a tank on two wheels.
And attached to it’s side was… An unpleasant looking side seat… “Yea, didn’t have a good one around, but don’t worry, the springs only poke yea in the ass sometimes.” the man laughed, as he mounted the machine.

Jack seemed to embody the phrase “wasted potential.” He seemed so intelligent then at times he seemed to be a liability. What confused him the most was the part about running from legendaries and working for a paycheck. Accuse me…”cheque” as it were. “Aren’t there easier ways to make money,” Truth accidentally said aloud although he was simply mumbling to himself. Without the promise of legendary sitings one would consider working in a cubicle somewhere dealing with the first world problems of irate old women. Truth shuddered at the thought and followed Jack to his….did he say motorcycle?

“Oh no I don’t think we need…,” Truth said as he tried to mask his nervousness with a cool exterior betrayed by the sweat droplets accumulating on his face. Between his own nervousness and Jack’s nature all he could do was fumble the helmet and go along with whatever Jack had in mind. Motorcycles were impractical, unsafe, and really seemed to embody the foolishness of mankind. He tried to retreat while stumbling over the words of a would be excuse, but Omega was already in the side car...chillin. “...I have experienced the ultimate betrayal.”

Truth visibly grimaced when Jack mentioned that his backside might have to go through trials and tribulations on this trip. Mind you, this is coupled with the fact that he is in the most uncool position on earth...the side car. He placed his helmet on with a blank expression as he held back the urge to claim that it couldn’t get worse and fall into the most horrible of all cliches. Instead, he made a note in his journal as he held back the urge to vomit. He wrote, “In this world there are things far worse than death…”

It was a fairly short trip from the Blackleaf base to Ante gym, especially on Jack’s rather impressive motorcycle, although that wasn’t to say that it was necessarily the most pleasant. Towards the end of the journey, their route would take them off the main road, such as it was and down a faded, barely distinguishable trail through the thickening forest. Eventually, the dignifed evergreens that closed in on the pair would suddenly open out again, revealing a wide clearing dominated by an incongruous building.

The gym had been constructed in the old, kantoese style, made of rich, dark wood and elevated slightly off the ground to avoid the damp of the forest floor. Old fashioned, ceramic tiles would have given the gym and austere, but impressive appearance but many had slipped from their place and the remainder dyed green with moss. The gym had once had traditional, sliding doors with paper screens but they had long since rotted away, or been eaten perhaps, leaving the doorway to the gym gaping open eerily, inviting the Blackleaf Grunts inside.

Curiously, there was little sign of any pokemon, although the outskirts of the forest had been teeming with the sights and sounds of wildlife those had steadily died off as Jack and Truth had approached the gym and a solemn silence hung over the clearing like fog.

"Hoo boy, now isn't that place a sight. Hell just looking at it tells you it's haunted." Jack noted, bringing the engine of his baby to a stop, kicking up the stand and giving his legs a stretch.

"Well, i should probably mention i'm shit at pokemon battles, so you're probably gonna have to pick up the slack if it comes to it. Just hope theres none of those weird hex maniac types in there…

Unless it's the ones from Kalos, hoo boyI was sweet on one for awhile. Till she tried gutting me when she was possessed by her jealous gengar. " he lackadaisically mentioned this as he peered into a the darkness of the front doorway. ,

"Pretty spooky huh?"

He was eager to hop out of the thorny seat of the sidecar, doing his best not to seem too eager. Once he finally laid eyes on the ominous gym Truth calmly called Omega to his side. He didn’t want to particularly believe in ghosts, but well...it’s an entire pokemon type and all. Looking at the eerie construct it was a wonder as to why anyone would keep their stuff here. Sure, others might stay away, but it appeared to resemble a double edged sword more than anything. He listened to Jack explain that he would be pretty much useless in a fight. Truth nodded as if agreeing before speaking.

“Hmm, yeah I’m probably going to run…,” he said straight faced. He was both interested and terrified at the gengar possession. But more importantly, he was dating those maniacs? Why would anyone subject themselves to so much potential torment. Moreover, if ghosts were going to be possessing people Truth wasn’t going to stick around for long.

“...Yeah I’m pretty fast, or fast enough,” he reiterated.

"Good cause ghost types are too, and don't need to abide by the laws of, well, walls." Jack noted as he opened the door full and stepped inside.

The interior of the gym was much as one might have expected judging from the outside. The dark, hardwood floor would have been shining with polish in the gym’s heyday but now it was dull, streaked with mud and dead leaves had piled up in the corners. When Jack opened the door there was a sudden rustle and then the purple blur of a rattata darted out from one of the piles and out through one of the rotted away doors.

Apart from the natural detritus though, the gym was largely bare. There were indents, or patches of discoloration where equipment of some kind or another had once stood, but nearly everything had been taken away when the gym had been abandoned it seemed. There was no trace of advanced, blacklead tech either.

In fact the only really notable features in the room were two alcoves on opposite sides of the main floor. Both alcoves played host to tattered wall scrolls each with half of some kind of proverb written on them.

Truth is found in Peace

Read the wall scroll on the east side of the gym, at one time the alcove would have been lit up by the three candles on the ledge beneath the scroll but they had long since been snuffed out.

Peace is found in Balance

Read it’s partner on the opposite side, a single candle being the only other ornament to this alcove.

“Aww man, this shit… Why did we even bother with this riddle crap?” jack moaned, scratching his head as he tried to remember the answer. “Do we just light one candle on each side? Crap…” he fumbled with his pockets and rose an eyebrow.

“...No lighter…”:

Truth gave a nod as he turned to Omega. He wondered if he had the ability to burst through the walls. Sure, it wasn’t as effective as phasing through solid objects, but if he could successfully fulfill the role of wrecking ball then they could escape. He then shook his head as he realized such a plan would take its toll on the Beldum.

Truth was surprised; he knew the gym was abandoned, yet he was certain that their would be something...more. “You guys really cleared this place out. Looks like we don’t have much to retrieve. Is this a rookie hazing…”

When they stopped Truth immediately noticed the riddle on the wall. This was mostly due to the fact that it contained his own name. He thought that Jack would make a pun, and to his relief he did not. The obvious answer seemed to suggest they light the candles. Even if that wasn’t the solution, it wouldn’t hurt to have a bit more light in the room. “There could be matches in the room. I can’t imagine that a fail safe wasn’t provided for those who didn’t bring their own fire. Can’t believe that’s the concept they went with though,” Truth joked. It seemed too simple though. He continued to think about the riddle as he searched for the matches (..balance...balance...maybe…). Truth went to the wall that had 3 candles and took one of them. He then moved the candle to the other side so that there were two candles on each wall. “...If this doesn’t work we’re going to need some dry sticks...”

As soon as Truth moved the candle, there was a dull click and both of the shelves sunk slightly, as if engaging with some hidden mechanism. From underneath the room there was a scraping noise and a large section of the floorboards slowly creaked backwards to reveal a set of rusted, metal stairs leading down to a basement level, terminating in shadowy darkness as the incline of the stairs shielded the lower half of the corridor from the sunlight.

Truth and Jack weren’t the only ones the noise of the mechanism seemed to alert however. Above the two grumps there was a soft thump, as if something had landed on the crumbling rooftile above them, then another thump, then a couple, then several more.

There was a shrieking cry and suddenly dozens of white furred heads poked into gaps in the roof to behold Truth and Jack with hostile stares. A whole troupe of passimians had evidently landed on the gym roof and they did not seem to be friendly. The largest of the passimians screeched and bared its fangs then produced a hardened, green berry the size of a volley ball that it hurled at Jack with surprising force.

As if it had been a signal, the rest of the passimians, nearly twenty in all, joined in the assault and began raining down the hardened berry’s on the two grunts.

"Oh god da-" Jack yelped as he got hit by a berry, taking cover after he forcibly turned up a nearby ruined table. "Shit shit shit where the fuck did these assholes come from!" He yelled over the sound of hurled berries.

"Shit uhh… Pecha! Use air cutter!" He barked, the zubat looked at his curiously, Jack returned the glance. "Up at them? Yea know, battle thing." Pecha nodded, but stayed put after a hard sound came from above.

"It'll be fine! We can win this! For sure!" Jack lied a motivational speech. Which seemed enough for Pecha to at least try.

Fluttering out between hurled vollies the zubat reared it's belly skyward and began flapping it's wings to create the move air cutter, wind blades rushed towards the parsimmians and sliced their thrown berries as they came!

Despite being confident in his abilites Truth was a bit surprised. This was attirbuted to the fact that the entire ordeal was rather easy and simple. “Hmm, things are rarely that simple. Maybe our luck is turn-”

As if cursed by Arceus right then and there a horde of passimmians bore down upon them and attacked with...berries? Truth looked on nonchalantly as a berry came within inches of his face only to be blocked by Beldum. Specifically, he took the hit in his place. Truth didn’t thank Omega for the gesture, nor did Omega wait for it as it geared up for a battle. Truth glanced at all of the enemies and accounted for his partner who didn’t turn tail and run to his surprise. Calculating...we’re outnumbered, likely typing…, air cutter. Omega begin battle routine 32. Light adjustments from battle plan allowed to your discretion.

Omega bounced around as if to acknowledge the order as it quickly followed this physical display with confusion. With any luck this would cause the parsimmian to lose its mind. Truth was just grateful that berries were all they were throwing.

Pecha’s aircutter and Omega’s confusion attack landed squarely, knocking a handful of the attacking passimians down from their positions on the rooftop, but the remaining troop members, still easily over a dozen in total, kept up the barrage, mercilessly targeting both pokemon and trainer. The berries raining down on the two trainers were far from ordinary; passimians wielded them as their primary weapon while defending their territory and each one was carefully selected for its hardness and aerodynamic properties, the ones that missed their intended targets could be observed knocking chips and cracks into the hardwood floor of the gym before rolling down into the darkness of the secret passage that had been earlier revealed.

"Fuuuuuuck this shit I'm out!" Jack yelled, snatching up Pecha, huddling the zubat at his stomache as he ran down the hidden passage. No reason to stick around with these arseholes here.

"Come on!"

The situation was deteriorating fast. Perhaps they were underestimating them. Beldum was lucky that he was stronger than steel; however, if Truth got hit with one of those...well it wouldn’t be pretty. He was about to give the next order when he heard some words that got lost in the commotion; however, despite his inability to make out what was said, he noticed the panicked tone. That was when he noticed something there that was not there to be noticed, Jack and Pecha.

“...Oh.”

Without those two the probability of winning what now seemed like a war, was close to impossible. “Omega...plan 99…”

Of course retreat would have been more efficient to say, but this didn’t sound so cowardly. Plan 99 equated to turn tell and run as fast as you could. He trusted Omega to follow quickly if not beat him. He hoped they wouldn’t follow them down here, but that could be to their advantage.
As the two ran into the basement, the barrage of large berries continued to pound the roof above them, though only for a minute or two more, sounding more like rain than deadly barrage. Soon the hits stopped, and shuffling could be heard as the Passimian’s scattered, now bored. They dared no enter into the basement of he old dilapidated gym. And for good reason apparently. Old columns, spiderwebs, and will-o-wisps littered the underside of the gym. Thankfully the will-o-wisp’s lit the basement in a pale purple light, making it very visible, but on the downside, it definitely meant ghosts. Ghosts everywhere.

The light showed broken machine after broken machine in the gym. Occasionally a ghostly form of a muscle builder could be seen, only to disappear after a second. A few machines continued to click regardless, pumping iron into the afterlife.

An old radio buzzed in the distance, staticy, and not very clear, but consistent. The radio was no plugged in.

"...These are some really buff ghosts…" Jack could only say at the sight, imagine, an eternity of arm day…

Guess ghost don't need legs so…

The radio however made Pecha cling harder to Jack, the noise revealing things that Jack couldn't see, echolocation at times was horrible.

For some odd reason Omega seemed to be in a good mood despite the scenery. Perhaps it was the machines, albeit broken, that piqued his interest. In contrast, Truth tried to stay in character although he could not quite control his quivering bones and just as shaky speech. Doing his best to stay calm and collected, he resisted the urge to utter something as cliche as “there are no such things as ghost” however with a whole typing dedicated to a species...well you get the point.

“W-well Jack that depends on who you ask,” Truth cut in after Jack’s accurate observation. Ghost a-after all is just a typing. Although some live up to the name quite welle. O-thers, in fact, can be quite tangible and rely on things such as legs.”

Seriously, it was bad enough that ghosts and monkeys were in the gym, but apparently they worked out?! Why the hell would ghosts need wicked gains?! It just wasn’t fair. “O-mega don’t stray off too far…(Stay close to me jerk!).”

"I mean sure but… can't ghost types float or fly on principal of BEING ghosts?" Gengar, banette, Misdreavius doesn't even have feet nor Missmagius… jack replied but kept his mind on the prize.

… They should really be careful down here.

Farther down, the gym became brighter and brighter, the will- o - wisps going from an occasional lantern to a literal column of fire that bathed the entire section of the gym with a pale blue light, almost too bright to stare into it. In the middle of the light, a boxing arena was present, with nothing in it.

For several minutes though, the glow continued to grow, until randomly, a nearby speaker flicked on, near blasting Truth and Jack away as it shot out at max volume.

In the middle of the arena, amidst breaking applause, a haunter seemed to materialize into existance, waving its arms around with a series of cries, boxing gloves on both hands.

“Haunt-hau-hau….”

Similiarly, a Cofagrigus also appeared, wearing boxing gloves and crushing its arms next to eachother. It began to screech, and yell at the haunter, making a throw down motion. The two were broken up by a Golett walking between them, signalling them to the corner, and carrying a trophy. The trophy was made of bits and pieces, looking more like junk than anything valuable, but amid the parts on it were several pieces of the weather machine.

Everything seemed to go against Truth’s usual way of thinking. His face was now a blank canvas as he was packing it in mentally. A boxing match...an organized boxing match by pokemon. An organized boxing match by random pokemon. It was so ridiculousness at its very root. Truth shook his head and decided it was time to get out and forget this entire experience. He made a mental note to remember that ghost pokemon were too unpredictable. Just as he was about to leave he realized Omega was no longer beside him.

“Omega w-”

Before he could finish his sentence he turned around to witness Omega charging in from an empty corner and ramming into the Golette. Omega seemed to make a victorious screech as it circled around the “trophy”.

“If you can’t beat them….,” Truth uttered under his breath. Logically...this was a great opportunity to add a unique pokemon to his ranks; however, this still felt so wrong. Nevertheless he threw the pokeball and prepared for a full sprint out of this bizarre gym.

Beldum passed straight through the golett who began to turn and wave its arms rudely at Omega, making 'stop' referee signs while holding the trophy away. In the distance Cofagrigus punched at Haunter, only for him to fade, and sucker punch him from below with a haunting laugh. More blows followed as Golett picked up a whistle to blow it, right before a pokeball clocked it in the back of the head. For a moment he stood their, then slowly fell forward, face first off the ring and onto the ground. The pokeball went off in a blaze of red, trophy and whistle disappearing with it. Haunter noticed, smiling gleefully before fading behind Cofagrigus and punching it in the back of the head, a rabbit punch. The entire gym erupted in chaos as ghost pokemon started throwing chairs through eachother and rioting.

Orikanyo Orikanyo LazyDaze LazyDaze

1570457229161.png

KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo LazyDaze LazyDaze Ganryu Ganryu Misuteeku Misuteeku
The truck bounced uncomfortably on the roadless path to Nacreousville. Inside the back of this one, Mansel, leader of Blackleaf sat atop a shelf, his arms crossed. For once, his Dragalge was in its pokeball, letting the leader seem... slightly less menacing. Packed in the back of the moving truck were also Maya, Fliathri, Jack, Truth and Kenneth. Out in the open back, an entire fleet of moving vans jumped and jostled to the rough terrain, almost like the entire organization was going, most of the other trucks driven by Admins.There might have been a strange rumor about that Mansel actually didn't know how to drive...
He finally spoke, glaring at the five.

"We're catching a legendary today. Don't mess this up. It might even be two depending on how the day goes. Kyurem is our target. My goal is the strongest pokemon in Vera Valle. Originally would have been Regigigas, but lately Admin Jones has given me some... interesting prospects with Kyurem. I tried actually before, two months ago with Admin Sherri. We almost had her, but then Articuno interferred. That's where this comes in."

Mansel pulled out a purple pokeball, and tossed it at Kenneth, a large 'M' on it.

"That is a masterball. That is our insurance if Articuno interfers. I hate even touching it. Rumor is it can catch any pokeball. Don't bother using it on Kyurem, I will make her bow to me. But I want no interference. There's only one, don't waste it. Make sure Articuno is distracted. It might involve a fight. Maya, Jack, Kenneth. Make a Bee line for the duo in the chasm. I'll be with you. Fliathri, Truth. You two have a different mission.

I haven't gotten our report from Nurse Radost. I think she might have turned on us. As much as I'd like to play the bad guy and say teach her a lesson, that is beneath me. However, recently they've been getting Bill's Pokemon Network installed here in Vera Valle. It would be disastrous for us if it gets up and running if she isn't with us. Cops could summon dozens, hundreds of pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, etc. Break into the basement, destroy it. Is your mission clear?"

The truck stopped quickly, causing Mansel to grab hold of the side, and look out the back. They were in Nacreousville. Mansel hopped out the back, instantly releasing his Dragalge. He almost looked... nervous.

"Oh, and one final bit of advice. Don't die."

Jack

Another day, another bout of nearly dieing to another legendary pokemon. Its become a thing really, hell he barely felt any fear from it anymore, or maybe it's the sleep deprivation from worrying about this finally catching up and numbing him to the fear of freezing to death. Either way, live or die, he had his heated jacket to keep him nice and comfy despite the weather.

Plus, he finally got his camera up and running, so no more useing his phone.

Mansel was doing his briefing as Jack simply continued to drink the coffee in his thermos. "Kyurem, man... Articuno is bad enough... Don't even know anything about it. An ice pokemon sure but..." the guy pause to sip his coffee, stepping out of the truck when Mansel did.

"Don't die, easier said than done. Tangoing with an Articuno in hells frozen buttcheeks. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be asleep and we wont have to deal with it."

~The Good Guys~

Maria sat half passed out on her desk, dark rings under her eyes. Least the professor was back, so she could leave the lab to him. Loud laughter ripped through the lab. The downside, of course, was that the professor was there. She was almost to oblivion, drooling a bit, when the phone went off.

"DAMNIT!" She swiped the phone off its stand, her voice changing instantly. "Hello, this is the Lacuno observatory, Assistant Maria here."

A heavy deep female voice responded. "Hello. This is Nurse Radost. We have issue here."

"Aren't you that blackleaf sympathizer? Your 'friends' just attacked us and stole a castform we barely got back. I don't think I have anything to say to you."

"Please. Issue is big. You have radar on Articuno, no?"

"H-how do you know that?"

"I have contacts. Please check. Is important."

Maria shook her head, and turned to find a wall of muscle behind her, Professor Joshua looking down seriously, handing her the tracker. Various readings and signals could be shown. Its altitude read -1200, and power output was through the roof.

"W-what's going on."

"Blackleaf came. I like strength. Winter is strength. They are not strength. I no longer want to have their 'sympathy'. They are planning on attacking Kyurem with everything they have. Have Masterball for Articuno who keep interfering. Friendship between those two is strong. Good strong. Mansel is attacking with numbers and tricks. Bad strong. Sold himself for his dream, I am disappoint. Please come help. Pokemon are going to get hurt."

Maria looked up to the Professor, who was staring intently. After a moment, he bellowed.

"What are we waiting for? We ride! It's been a long while since I've had a good pokemon fight. Machamp! Get your fighting Gi!"

A roar of victory came across the lab, with a Machamp leaping several stories up, landing on an outcropping in the laboratory and storming off to the professor's room on the 4th floor.

"We'll be there shortly Nurse Radost! Maria, call.up.everyone! No pokemon is getting hurt on my watch!"

====================================================

It wasn't long before the trainers recieved urgent call after urgent call, being urged to flood in from across the region. The goal was simple. Stop blackleaf. Fend them off with every means neccessary.

Damon and Akira received a call, the professor's booming voice answering.

"Hello! This is Professor Joshua! We need your spirit, you two think you can help an old tired professor out? Remember that castform those hooligans in Blackleaf tried to steal? Well, we got that back, but methinks they have a backup machine to do what Castform could. Mind meeting me at Rt 11 by Foehn Tunnels? I have a gift for you. We're breaking a machine."

------------------------------------------------

Another call came out to Ianthe.

"Hello, Ianthe dear, can you help us out? WE've got a... situation. Blackleaf's going all out in Nacreous Glacier Chasm. All accounts this looks dangerous and that they're going to hurt Articuno and or Kyurem to get what they want. Please stop them."

===========================

To Eric his ringtone went off with a rather annoyed voice.

"Hey, this Eric? Professor asked me to make some phone calls to some trainers, this is Erica Jones. Blackleaf's causing some trouble in the Nacreous Glacier Chasm. We need all hands on deck. Can you help? He left me a note saying to tell you... we need a hero?"

====================

Micah's phone also went off, an old lady on the other end.

"Hello? Hello? Never know if these electronic things are working. Yes dear, I think the phone's on! This Micah? How are you doing deary? This is Madam Pompadour. I'm hoping to ask a favor on behalf of the professor. So rare he asks favors from me. I'm supposed to ask if you'd manage to help out in Nacreous Glacier Chasm. Blackleaf is causing a ruckus again. Mind helping me out? And I'm just a bit cross about it. Mind if I pick you up in my ride? I think I'll be joining in too. Oh, do you mind Houndours? I'm taking them in back. I hope you're not allergic. I'll bring cookies."

Last edited:
Maya Kauffman

Bouncing in the back of the truck, Maya combed her fingers through Kurama's fur. He was currently curled up in a small ball on her lap, radiating a familiar and gentle warmth as he slept. It was calming. Something she needed considering what they were about to go do. Though it did little to stop her heart from pounding or the subtle shake of her fingers. Kyurem and Articuno... She wasn't entirely familiar with the dragon of Unovan legend, and her Pokedex hadn't been overly helpful when she tried to learn more.

Kyurem: the boundary pokemon. It generates a powerful, freezing energy inside itself, but its body became frozen when the energy leaked out. This legendary ice Pokémon waits for a hero to fill in the missing parts of its body with truth or ideals.

Well, they certainly weren't heroes. Far from it. Maya only sighed and resumed running her fingers through her pokemon's soft coat. She knew about Articuno though, everyone in Kanto knew about the legendary birds. The counterpart to the fiery Moltres that been the catalyst for her leaving home to become a trainer, Kanto legend stated that it only appeared to those alone in the snow and at death's door.

That was just an old folktale, much like the saying that a Ninetales would curse anyone that touched one of their tails. She had often grabbed Byakko's tails when she was a child and Maya was at least fairly certain she had never been cursed.

Then again, considering her luck on the last three missions she had been given...

Mansel speaking up broke her out of her thoughts for the time being. He confirmed that their target was indeed the ice dragon Kyurem, who he and the late Admin Sherri had attempted to subdue once before. So it was Articuno's interference that led to the Admin's untimely demise? That didn't exactly paint incredible prospects for the grunts piled in the truck with her. Grey hues widened slightly at the Pokeball that was tossed to Kenneth. A Masterball. Incredibly rare, Maya had never thought she'd get to see one in person.

That right there could be the difference between surviving or ending up like the fallen admin. But they’d only get one shot.

No pressure.

Maya took a steadying breath, fighting to keep her usual, dispassionate expression. She, Kenneth, and Jack were the lucky chosen to brave the depths of the chasm and face off against these incredibly powerful pokemon. She bit back the desire to argue, to say that it was nuts, that they needed more people to even stand a chance. Compared to Mansel, the three of them were nothing in terms of power. Instead, Maya only nodded her agreement.

Another breath as she jumped out of the truck, Kurama’s complaints about landing in the snow providing a brief distraction from her nerves.

”Yeah… Same goes for you, boss.”

Eric Wolfe
The rhythmic pounding of footfalls on a dirt path, the faint burn of muscles warming up through exertion. A morning run before training was how Eric started nearly every day. They weren’t particularly long, only a couple kilometers on average. But watching the sunrise and the world wake up around him as he and Freja ran had become something of a ritual. It felt wrong to have a day without it.

The trails worn into the Nimbos Forest floor by Stantler were a familiar and comfortable path, one he’d run on for years now. Working for the Professor had already seen Eric and Freja all over the region, it felt almost weird to be back in his home town for a couple days. From the sound of it, he’d missed seeing his mom by a few hours, work dragging her out to Clasm Outpost for the week. But it was fine, he’d grown used to both parents being away while growing up.

Jumping over a Venonat that had wandered onto the path, Eric slowed his pace as his phone rang. ”Hello?”

"Hey, this Eric?” The woman on the other line sounded annoyed, “Professor asked me to make some phone calls to some trainers, this is Erica Jones.”

”Wait, aren’t you the berry lady?” He heard Freja turn back and pad up next to him.

Eric ignored the question, though the annoyance in her tone increased. “Blackleaf's causing some trouble in the Nacreous Glacier Chasm.”

”Again? We just stopped them! Dropped a friggin avalanche on their equipment!” Well, a wild Swinub had. But details.

“Look, we need all hands on deck. Can you help? He left me a note saying to tell you... we need a hero?"

For a brief moment, time seemed to stop. The Professor had said that? Realizing Erica was still on the line, he quickly blurted out, ”We’re on our way!” He shoved his phone in his pocket and broke into a sprint off the trail and into the woods. Getting back to town would be faster this way. Freja easily kept pace with him, she’d overheard all she needed to.

This was it. This was their moment!

Eric’s lungs burned and legs complained from the pace as they lept over roots and wove through the underbrush. ”Can’t slow down… the Professor’s counting on us. We… can rest once… we get to the Exodus stop.”

Freja broke off as they entered town, racing back to the house to grab what they’d need. Eric breathlessly explained to the Onyx Exodus employee that they needed to get to Narcrousville ASAP, that it was an emergency. Unmoved, the employee handed him a ticket and pointed to a bench where he could wait. Freja returned with his coat and backpack before the Onyx arrived.

It was going to be a long trip.

Kenneth Vano
Outwardly, Kenneth appeared to maintain his professional act. Posture up, facial expression neutral, and awaiting for orders, Kenneth seemed like he was prepared for the mission.
Despite his act, his left hand was still making trembling. In truth, he was prepared for the mission. What was he not prepared for, mentally, was Mansel. The unnecessary trauma that he had been inflicted by being blown through a wall by a dragon pulse had yet to subside. Taking a quick shuddering breath, he rubbed his arm.

In Hoenn, the temperature was warm, or from what other people say extremely hot. Kenneth was not accustomed to the cold despite the multiple layers of coats he was currently wearing. Scratch that, he only felt cold and didn't feel even a shred of warmth. How did people live in places as cold as Nacreous Glacier? Then again, they probably lived outside the subzero hell that was known as Nacreous Glacier. Still, it was cold outside as it was inside this damn cavern. With a sigh, he gave a quick glance of envy at Maya before looking straight forward. At least she had Kurama, a small, fire type pokemon that could warm her all up throughout the entire mission. He on the other hand? A floating metal magnet that would just making him twice as cold.

Well, he shouldn't be the one complaining. At least he wasn't sore this time and he had managed to get a new pair of glasses prior to their departure. Looking at Mansel, Kenneth fumbled the Master Ball before obtaining a grip over the ball. He stared at one of the rarest items on Earth and nodded to whatever Mansel said. To think he would be able to see one with his very own two eyes. It was unfortunate that he received the ball under the current circumstances.

Though it slowly settled in that he would be the one throwing the ball... At an airborne target that would beat its wings which would most likely repel the ball away from it.

How exactly was he supposed to hit a giant airborne bird, beating its mighty wings at him, with a ball that was the size of his palm? He would need to devise a strategy of some kind with Maya and Jack. The former was smart and had knowledge about the legendary bird of ice. The latter was just as capable. He had heard many rumors about the mechanic that could take out Lugia with a zubat. At the very least, he had some comfort in that. And their objective was to distract the bird, not capture it.

Kenneth jerked forward, almost losing his grip on the Masterball, as the truck stopped. With a quick breath, he nodded to Mansel and gave him a short response.

"Understood."

Last edited:
bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif

IANTHE KEKOA

ianthe2.png

Team: We'll see huh
Interactions: Ganryu Ganryu

bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif

Ianthe was so happy to have a few days to herself.

Before the call from Maria, Ianthe was grooming her two Pokémon after their last fun adventure through Pannus Grasslands and to Mt. Regi. She had tended to their wounds after they'd retrieved the Castform for the Professor, but now she knew they deserved some rest and relaxation, especially Nymph. Cotton, the Swablu she'd connected with and caught after they'd helped to get Damon out of the nest alongside the Blackleaf grunt and defeated the Galvantula, was in a great mood as always, but the slightly melancholic tunes he liked to sing became sweeter as she brushed his wings and combed through them, getting rid of the dust and small sticks that had gotten stuck.

As Ianthe catered to her Pokémon when they'd gotten back, she realized she missed the Poké Pelago back in Alola. Being able to tend to Berries, her Pokémon, the Beans, treating her Pokémon as they went into caves for her...it was its own adventure. She couldn't wait to return to it, just for a bit. Thankfully, she could just use the Poké Ride; Charizard seemed to love being in the air, and didn't mind the flight to Alola and back to Vera Valle. It seemed like it was just a nice exercise for it, and she made it worth its while by making some Poffins. Charizard was a sweetheart, she thought, taking time out of its day to make the trip. But now she had more Poké Beans, and Berries, so she could make more for her Pokémon.

In the time she'd spent away from Vera Valle, it seemed like things were getting...worse, between the normal people of the Valle and Blackleaf. Were the grunts getting more bold? Compared to the grunt she'd met along with Akira and Damon in the Grasslands - Zeke, right? - it really seemed like it. And then her worries were confirmed as she got a call from Maria. As her phone rang, Ianthe placed down the brush she was using on Cotton, who was still whistling happily, and she looked at Nymph, who was resting, as she picked up the phone and placed it to her ear.

Maria seemed rushed as she spoke, barely giving Ianthe a chance to say anything first.

"Hello, Ianthe dear, can you help us out? We've got a... situation. Blackleaf's going all out in Nacreous Glacier Chasm. All accounts this looks dangerous and that they're going to hurt Articuno and or Kyurem to get what they want. Please stop them."

"Of course! I'll be there ASAP." She responded, but halfway through, she realized Maria had already hung up in her frenzy. Ianthe didn't take it personally; she was probably contacting the others. Ianthe shrugged, looking at her Pokémon.

"Alright, darlings. It's time to get going."

It didn't take too long to get to the Nacreous Glaciers, thanks to Onix Exodus. She gave the Onix a few Poké Beans for its hard work before peering into the cold. She slid her jacket on as she headed into the Chasm, Cotton flying alongside her and Nymph enjoying a spot on her head as always as she left footprints in the snow. "Hmm...." She didn't see anything just yet, but she knew to be careful.

"Stay by me with quiet whistles, dear Cotton." She said gently to the Swablu, and Cotton whistled in a lower tone in response, proving he heard her words. They had to be good with this, since it seemed like there wasn't any backup to help her just yet. Which meant...no one else had arrived. Maybe she'd even gotten here before Blackleaf? She had noticed a truck before, however....

Definitely had to be as careful as possible, then.

TRUTH REXWORD

Truth spent the past few days jumping at anything moved. Not only was it annoying, but he realized it did not match his character at all. He was always so calm, collected, and logical; however, he has been anything but that as of late. This also extended to his pokemon who both seemed fairly intelligent. His beldum spoke for himself...intelligent, highly curious, but a bit of a klutz. Golett...jeez, he needed after school tutoring. Auto (Golett), Arcaeus bless it, wasn't dumb per say. In fact, it picked up on many of his strategies easily; however, Auto seemed more interested in brawling rather than systematically going through the best strategies. Eventually, Truth had to accept the fact that his Golett was a muscle brained, workout obsessed, amateur boxer.

On to the matter at hand, Truth nervously sat still in the truck. Trying to avoid leaping out of it to avoid any potential fatal crash that was sure to come their way. When the boss finally spoke about their purpose Truth couldn't decide weather to perk up, or slouch in his seat. Legendries...the boss did know that he only had a Beldum and a Golett right? This was the sole reason he joined the Blackleafs, but this had all the elements to be a giant cluster-....anyway, they did have a master ball. Omega drifted toward it and quickly moved back when Truth cleared his throat. Truth was once again placed in a situation where his emotions conflicted when he realized he was going to be given a different mission with...Flea? Freya? Froyo? Flabberga-....Flia. It would seem he wouldn't be capturing the legendries, but he also wouldn't be getting blasted to kingdom come...hopefully.
"One network can cause that much of a ruckus? Very well, consider it destroyed,"
Truth said pushing up his glasses in cliched fashion. He already began running through scenarios and potential solutions in his head. Omega was doing its best to flex without arms....

Truth gave another glance to his collegues...suddenly wishing he would get to study a legendary. They weren't his primary targets, but the mention did serve to validate his reasoning for joining them. If he had to do a little dirty work to continue using their service then so be it. Thankfully, he didn't have to rough up anyone although it wouldn't have been out of the question. Everyone had a job to do after all.

Ganryu Ganryu

1571579147269.png

Fliathri sat in the back, perfectly postured with his cane down, with his loyal companions floating by him, Himiko(Sneasel) slouched half asleep in the corner, and Genghis(Hoppip) gripping hard against the side of the shelf near Mansel.

"Come now, my conqueror. Do not disturb out great leader. You can't always be so afraid, for we have work to do. I chose you, because of your potential to fly, not due to your fear of it."

He moved to phantom tip his hat, before realizing it was on his hoppip, and sighed. As Mansel became to speak, he nudged the sleeping Sneasel, only for her to grunt in annoyance and turn over. She issued some command. "Sneaaaa.." Hoppip nodded. "Pip- pip." Fliathri side. The conversation was plain to him. 'Take notes, tell me when I'm awake'. His queen was voracious, but oh so lazy on occasion. The operation seemed massive. But breaking things wasn't quite his style. Swiping things was more modus operandi for the dandy. And he was paired with someone named... Truth? He didn't recognize him that well, but he knew Maya and Jack. He didn't know Kenneth, but Mansel named him when he threw a masterball.... wait, a masterball? Fliathri put his coat over Himiko to encourage her to stay a sleep. Her swiping that was the LAST thing they needed. But that left only one person as Truth. Fliathri approached.

"Greetings. I am Fliathri Conchobhair. I am pleased to be working with you and feel it a pleasure to- Whoa!" The truck suddenly stopping sent Fliathri flying out the back, his face landing in snow. Laughing from behind undoubtedly belonged to his queen. He sighed, and brushed himself off. Oddly, he didn't look THAT cold.

He glanced around at the city. "Well... I'm home. Let's see if this godforsaken iceberg remembers the lout they laughed at, eh? Tally ho, hip-hip and all that."

He motioned over for his companions out the truck, who came floating and barrelling out, Himiko actually throwing him his coat, and Genghis landing gently on his shoulders. He turned to Truth as they walked.

"Tally ho, and away we go. So, what be our plan? The pokecenter's generally full, but methinks it ought be evacuated in a situation such as this. I'm generally more covert than direct, smashing a computer system isn't expertise of mine. Neither is using the blasted things. You can count on me for battles, Himiko, my darling sneasel for any mischief, and Genghis above I'm still learning about and taking a liking to. It was sky island I met him, and despite four other options being available. Which reminds me."

He turned, and called to the distance. " Madam Maya, I do believe I owe you something!" He clenched an item in his robes like a softball, before throwing a pokeball well over 90 mph at the snow infront of the girl. "She's picked up Air Slash, and defeated 4 pokemon with me. Tropius, Skarmory, Corviknight, and a Cottonee! Quite an impressive brawler if I do say so myself." Fliathri then looked at his hoppip. "And yet you impressed me more than any of them." He shook his head, and began to walk to the pokecenter.

"To be honest, Truth was it? I hail from this city. Not its greatest acolyte. I don't mind causing a bit of a ruckus here if need be. Perhaps I can distract while you sneak into the basement to smash the infernal machinations of this Network of Bill? Or would you per chance have a better plan? I'm glad to be rid of that pokeball at least. The companionship was fine, but I find the item to be a nuisance. I prefer my pokemon to rummage where they may."

1571580266142.png

Mansel led the three to the lip of the glacier, a path of ice leading down, and a chill blowing from below. He tried to look unperturbed as usual, but his cheeks were reddening from the cold. Pulling up a phone, he flipped it open. "Klein, its time. Activate the weather machine."

A whirling could be heard, the entire chasm starting to shake, shelves of snow falling into it, with lights glowing through the fog. A sudden burst of wind shot past them with enough fury to flip hair about, and make hearing hard for a moment. Then in a sudden burst, fog fled away from the chasm, giving a clear view below like never had been seen before, the group able to look down the 1500 foot drop, with various lights coming on slowly below.

"Joshua's brats might have chased us away once and delayed this, but I will not be stopped. Today... today we win."

He pulled out a single, empty ultraball. "Today is Blackleaf's."

In the distance, a cry could be heard, and a majestically deep blue shimmered, passing underneath below, firing a beam of cold energy at the side of the wall at something there, a sudden roadway appearing in the ice. Mansel blinked twice.

"I see. The bird is interfering as always and trying to lead us away. Kyurem must be the other direction then. Well, then, Articuno wants a show. Entertain him. And bring him to me when you're done. Maya, Jack, Kenneth. This is where we part. Take some time to think this out. I'd rather you late than never. I personally believe power dominates. But then again, a pure power matchup with you three would result in three fewer grunts. I don't really care how you do it, just do your job."

With that, Manself leapt off the side of the cliff. A moment later a red flash appeared beneath him, and two wings shot out under the leader, bright red and huge, but slightly less loud in color than the roar let loose from the pokemon. The horrendously loud roar shook the chasm about as much as the weather machine, a deep brass shaking everyone around it, declaring some challenge as it wheeled in the sky: A Salamance.

In the distance, another blast of cold told them the direction of Articuno, the new stair well of ice leading them straight to him, if they so desired, wheeling in the sky itself in a burst of blue, the air temperature dropping even more around it.

Eric Wolfe Ianthe Kekoa
Oh man, Ianthe had spoken too soon.

She hid as she noticed a group of people coming towards the Chasm, whistling at Cotton to follow after her. The Swablu was happy to, as per usual, and they kept themselves from view at the Blackleaf grunts and maybe the leader came out. She couldn’t hear what they were saying, but she remembered what Maria had told her earlier - they were here for Articuno, right? Ianthe’s eyes narrowed as she watched the grunts, deciding that after they’d passed her and gone further into the Chasm that she should follow them, slowly. She didn’t want to get caught by them, after all (roll for stealth).

As she continued further into the Chasm after the grunts, Ianthe could hear what they were saying a bit better. It seemed like these were all new people; she hadn’t seen them before, and Zeke wasn’t there, either. She wondered for a moment if any of the others the Professor knew had come upon these people before, but she wasn’t given much more than a second to think about it; it was then she heard a loud cry.

Ianthe glanced upwards with a start and she noticed that the grunts were face-to-face with the mythical ice bird Pokémon, who seemed irritated at them for disturbing the area. Her blue eyes widened as she saw Articuno for the first time; it was much, much different than the books she’d seen in her travels. Even more gorgeous, honestly. But this wasn’t the time to marvel at its appearance - now was the time to make sure it stayed safe, away from Blackleaf’s clutches.

But...something was off.

Ianthe continued watching the scene, noticing that the Blackleaf leader - he was definitely in charge, from the looks of it - was directing some of the grunts away from the Articuno and towards...someplace else? What else could be catching his attention? Maybe she should call Maria and let them know, Ianthe thought as she looked up at Articuno...she had never seen a Pokémon seem so angry. It was like Articuno was trying to distract them from something, but the leader wasn’t taking the bait.

“This could be bad….” Ianthe mumbled under her breath, and Cotton whistled softly behind her, with Nymph making a similar noise of discontent. Something had to be wrong.

Outside of the abundance of trucks, Nacreousville seemed almost deserted. Though Eric didn't spend much time in the town to investigate. With the roars of dragons in the distance and flashes of light, he knew where he needed to go and wasted no time racing off in that direction. Blackleaf was after Kyurem and Articuno deep in the chasm and he would do whatever it took to stop them.

Even if it meant taking on their leader himself. The Professor was counting on him after all.

Snow and ice crunched slightly beneath his shoes as he ran, the blue-haired trainer trying to ignore the biting cold already attacking his face and fingers along the way. Freja didn't seem all that bothered by the weather, her fur providing ample protection for the time being. Neither of them spoke as they continued on, the importance of the task ahead pulling their focus.

Mansel had already leapt into the icy chasm by the time it came into view. Three of the grunts finishing a discussion as they descended themselves. One had been left behind it seemed. A lookout? Eric didn't give it much thought before rushing the distracted trainer and attempting to tackle her into the snow.

Ianthe was beginning to stand up as the leader and the grunts dissipated, when she heard a loud whistle from Cotton. She turned in the direction of the Swablu when she was hit and knocked down back into the snow. Nymph floating off her head right before the connection so she didn’t fly away and into the Chasm.

“--Hey! Get off of me right now!” Her hair was ruined, again! What was it with these missions? She began to shove the trainer off of her while Cotton whistled and waved at the trainer, and Ianthe inwardly cursed his friendliness. She ran her one free hand through her hair, grumbling under her breath at both her Swablu and the guy who had tackled her. Nymph floated over them alongside Cotton, beginning to wrap her Vine Whip tendrils around the arms of the trainer to help Ianthe.

“I have to save that Articuno, get off me right now!”

”Like hell I'm letting you hurt it!” Eric kept his grip on her, red eyes glaring. Freja, meanwhile, stopped herself before leaping at the Swablu. Able to get a better look at their auras, the riolu groaned and buried her face in a paw.

”What do you mean I'm wrong?” Eric called back to his Pokemon as he struggled against Nymph’s grip. ”Look at her pin!”

”Rii?” Freja’s voice was deadpan.

”It’s right-” Eric blinked, this was clearly a blackleaf member. So where was her pin? ”Uhhh…”

“Hurt it?” Ianthe was angered by the idea that she’d even dare to try to fight a legendary Pokémon with her still lower-leveled ones. She was a Breeder if anything! She wouldn’t, she couldn’t. “I said SAVE! Are you even listening to me?!”

Ianthe was interrupted by the trainer’s Pokémon - a Riolu - speaking to him. While this was happening, Nymph tugged a bit harder, and Ianthe rolled under and away from the trainer, into more snow, getting covered again.

“Ugh!” She sat up and brushed off some of the snow, but it was too late. Her clothes were damp, in this already cold weather. Great, now she’d be sick before she even got to the Articuno! She glared back at the trainer.

“Uhh, what?”

Eric looked away, suddenly more interested in the snow than hurt. ”You're… Not blackleaf, are you…?” His voice was surprisingly sheepish.

“No. No, I’m not Blackleaf, Professor Joshua sent me here!” Ianthe kept brushing off the snow as Nymph let go of the trainer, returning to Ianthe’s side. Cotton whistled and waved at the Riolu, flying over all of their heads. Ianthe groaned slightly. “Man, Nymphie, I wish you knew Sunny Day.”

Nymph let out a sad noise, laying on Ianthe’s hair once more.

Eric shifted slightly, ”look, I'm sorry, but this place is crawling with blackleaf. They're after Kyurem and Articuno and the Professor sent me here to stop them.” Whether his face was red from the snow or embarrassment, it was hard to say.

Freja gave a slight nod to Cotton at his hello.

“I know, trust me. I know.” Ianthe could tell the trainer was turning red, and she assumed he was just...overzealous. The hero type. It would have been more charming to her a minute ago, but sure. “My name’s Ianthe. They really are everywhere--”

Wait! “Wait, they’re after Kyurem too?” Was that where the others were going?

”Eric, ” he paused, raising a blue eyebrow at her. ”Yeah? We stopped than once already. Dropped a freaking avalanche on their generator down there.” Load of good that did apparently.

Ianthe had a take a moment after that. “...A whole generator?” She shook her head, realizing she was getting distracted. “The last time I saw a Blackleaf grunt he was trying to steal a Castform. Seems like you’ve got more of the excitement.”

She turned to look deeper into the Chasm. They definitely needed to get moving. “Okay. We’ve gotta catch up later. Those Pokémon need our help until we get some more backup!”

Eric flashed her a grin, ”Don't worry about backup. I stopped them once, I'll stop them again! It's what heroes do.” Freja rolled her eyes but followed after him as he started running down the path into the chasm once more.

Okay, so she was definitely right. He was, absolutely, the hero type. Ianthe smiled warily as Eric and his Pokémon ran past them, realizing only a moment later that she hadn’t even offered the Pokémon a treat for the battle to come. Oops.

Well, they’d get time when they’d regroup. “C’mon, Cotton.” Ianthe called the Swablu, walking behind Eric and his Pokémon, but splitting off to go in the direction of the Articuno. Cotton whistled after her, continuing to fly in circles as he followed his owner.

Jack Johnson Kenneth Vano Maya Kauffman
The air felt like it suddenly spiked in its coldness when Kenneth left the vehicle. He clutched his arms together in a vain attempt to feel warmer. Ice-types were slowly becoming his least favorite type right next to Ghost types. If he were to ever meet a Froslass, no doubt that he would run miles away from such a horrid creature.

He looked up at Mansel when he mentioned something along the lines of activating a machine. An instant Kenneth’s beanie was blown by a cold gust of wind brushed by him and everyone else. The wind hit the back of his neck and he winced. “S-Shit, why does it have to be so cold?” Kenneth muttered, startled from the sudden gust, as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Kenneth was partially listening to whatever Mansel was saying. Normally, he would be fearful yet attentive, but as of right now the cold was being a little poochyena. He nodded and then winced as he heard the foreboding cry of the tundra bird. Arceus, please save him from this wretched mission.

“Understood, we’ll try our best.” With their paths now separating, he looked to where was Mansel heading. To the cliff. It was obvious what was he going to do next. Turning back to Maya and Jack, “Maya, Articuno’s from your region correct? Do you have an idea what we can do against it?” He paused before looking apologetic, “Ah, sorry, that was rather tactless of me.”

It had taken Maya a minute to shake off the shock from Fliathri’s report. He’d beaten four Pokémon with little Asuka? “Th-thank you for taking care of her,” she scooped the Pokeball out of the snow. “I owe you one.” Kurama stood on his hind legs to sniff it as Maya returned the ball to her belt.

Silence reigned as they marched for the chasm, no one daring to speak before Mansel. At least until they arrive and the weather machine was activated. Maya shielded her face with her arms against the wind. “Whoa…” she breathed, daring a peek into the sheer drop. Thank Arceus she wasn’t afraid of heights.

She drew a sharp breath at Articuno’s entrance. The legendary was clearly ready for a fight. Maya hated the thought of having to bring down such an incredible Pokémon, but it was do or die now. Literally.

Salamance’s roar reverberated throughout the entire chasm, rattling in her chest. “So he does have other Pokémon…” Maya blinked, “wait, shit,” she rummaged through a pocket before stuffing a wad of cash in Kenneth’s hand.

“It is,” she sighed, looking back down the icy staircase before flashing Kenneth a weak smile. “It’s alright. Articuno’s a Phoenix born of ice, supposedly an omen of death in the colder parts of Kanto. Kurama’s fire will come in handy, but I’m not sure it’ll do much… what kind of moves do your Pokémon know?”

“...Ever think once, just once we're gonna go after a goddamn tame pokemon?” Jack stared down the frozen hell hole that would be their soon to be final resting place. He had no words that could improve this, hell he was certain they were all gonna die. Masterball or not, god damn thing has a 100% catch rate? My ass. That's the type of shit companies say to sell their product!!

“Well... I got my Mawile… Who's... Good against ice types? Steel versus ice and all... But... Pecha is kinda too scared to come out.” and by out, he meant out of his jacket’s hood, which it was currently resting in. Coco, however, was nice and toasty, her head poking out right under jack’s chin, her horn/second mouth draped over the shoulder as she sat like a baby in a carrier over his belly.

“So, who's for distracting this thing and trying out that 'One hit wonder' ball if it works at all? It’s Articuno so who the hell knows.” he grumbled, watching as the wind itself almost bent to its very will…

“Well, I appreciate your enthusiastic optimism, Jack.” Kenneth let out a quick sigh, that turned into a gasp when he heard the roar of a Salamence. He felt Maya press money into his hand as his soul was again taken away from his body by another dragon. At least he had something going for him... Somewhat.

Returning to Jack’s positive opinion about the mission, he did voice out their consensus. The odds were not in their favor. Articuno was pretty much more powerful than all three of them combined. It would take some sort of a miracle for it to happen.

“I have my Magnemite and Whismur. My Magnemite recently learned a new steel type move that supposedly never misses, so it’ll probably help a little in this mission.” Hopefully, it helped. Milutin had barely done anything whenever it came to combat. Aside from getting slapped around by mud or just sitting still in combat, Milutin’s only time of being helpful was when they had to ‘unlock’ the door.

“I’m afraid Mandrawl is the same as your Zubat except for the opposite reasons.” The last thing they needed was for Mandrawl to scream so loud that he attracted more Pokemon to them. That was the last thing they needed aside from fighting against a big, flying, ice turkey. “Though, I’d doubt we’ll be able to touch Articuno much less scratch it. Because it’s like above… fifty feet in the air? Somewhere along those lines.” Not to mention various other factors that would dwindle their chances of harming the Legendary.

Maya sighed, “Not what I was asking, Jack.” She knew their odds were slim, dreadfully so. But if they were smart about it, then maybe, just maybe… “Kurama’s fire should reach it just fine at least. Asuka can probably serve as a brief distraction with her screeches and flash.”

She closed her eyes in thought, “if Milutin can paralyze it and Pecha confuse it while Asuka grabs its attention, we might have a shot.” As for the whole getting it to hold still long enough to hit it with the masterball… Maya shrugged off her backpack, pulling out a rope and attaching the coil to her belt. “Ren can teleport, and if things really go to shit I have an idea. But it’s a last-ditch effort to hold Articuno still.”

"Well, whatever works. My best advice on how to deal with legendaries is… Try your best not to die. And watch out for the big one. You will know what the big one is, all legendaries have them. Sometimes more than one. But you will know it, and you will need to get outta there. So let's just promise each other not to die okay? This stupid chicken isn't worth our lives, nor is this damn group." Jack sighed, nuzzling Coco a bit with his chin.

"We got type advantage but its got mobility. So let's take its mobility from it and try out our best bet." With that, the man turned towards the steps. "Let’s not keep the devil waiting."

Maya blinked, “it’s like you didn’t listen to a word I said.” She fumed before massaging the bridge of her nose.

Kenneth too blinked at Jack’s plan which pretty much like Maya’s plan except with fewer details and pure pessimism. His gaze shifted to Maya and then back to Jack. With a soft sigh, he turned to look where Articuno was supposedly was.

“Either way, we should get moving. Our objective was to, at the very least, preoccupy Articuno while Mansel deals with capturing Kyurem. Let’s just do as much as we can.” With that, Kenneth started to their destination. At the very least, he would follow along with Maya’s plan. Jack would most prioritize his safety, so Kenneth didn’t have to worry that much about him.

All they had to do was distract Articuno.

Maya shook her head, following after them into the icy depths. Part of her still hated the idea of fighting Articuno, not unlike Kenneth’s hate of giving away Jirachi’s location on their first mission together. “Let’s just make sure this is a job everyone comes home from for once.”

e2a63b34851e88cac445c31edd11a244.png

"Thunder Wave" shouted Jay, his finger pointed towards the Vullaby that stood opposite himself and Tynamo; the 'EleFish' pokemon hovering a few meters in front of its trainer as electricity began to fritzle around its miniscule frame. Still somewhat naive to the art of battling, Hendrix still could not discharge the attack as fast as both he and her trainer would have liked, though improving her attacks as well as gaining more experience was the sole reason they had come to this place. The abundance of electrical pokemon here as well as the ion charged skies above worked in their favor, likewise the abundance of flying pokemon gave them a suitable target to train on; the type advantage vital in helping Tynamo gain both experience and confidence. As if achieving the approval of nature, the Pannus grasslands began to sizzle in anticipation as the electrical energy began to build up in the pokemon; the resulting discharge of the attack eliciting a cackle of approval from the skies above as a flash of lightning lit up the clouds above.

Paralyzed, the vullaby plummeted towards the earth below; its wings no longer capable of supporting it in flight as the wave of electricity overwhelmed completely. "Perfect Hendrix! Great job!, now intercept it" commanded Jay, a smile prevalent across his face as he enjoyed the heat of battle.Hendrix obliged the command and surged forward; hitting the vullaby square in the chest just as it was about to hit the ground, the attack knocking it backwards into the ground.

Though further actions would be soon quashed as the vibrating phone in Jay's pocket caught his attention; interrupting the next command.

"Jay... come on.. pick up... pick up... Jay... pick up your phone..." muttered Violet, the mauve haired girl pacing back and forth, much to the chagrin of her assistants who were busy going through the various measurements and readings they had taken from the newly discovered Foehn tunnels. Brushing aside the strands of loose hair that had invaded her vision, Violent quickly redialled her brothers number, ignoring the opportunity to leave a voicemail for him. "... seriously... why.. why is he always like this... " she asked rhetorically, the impatient woman now tapping her foot on the spot.

*click*

a9bd3a46cc463b41efd1e923ccf89ffaab76e885_hq.jpg
"Hey V. whats up?" answered Jay, the dark haired trainer holding the phone away from his ear in expectation of what was about to happen. "Little Brother!!! Oh my god Finally!" she shouted, hopping in place as she did so; the swaying motion causing her male assistant to blush ever so slightly as he turned away. Though in doing so he had collided with another colleague causing them both to fumble the documents they had been holding; Jay on the other hand had learnt a long time ago to hold the phone a fair distance from his ear, at least for the initial first few seconds until Violet 'calmed down'. "So Jay! How are you?... I miss you!.. Do you miss me?.. I bet you do... you miss big sister Violet don't you... admit it.. Jay admit it... come on!... whatever.. I know that you love me and that's all the matters... so anyway... where are you?... is everything alright?.. Your pokemon doing alright?... Hows Flint?... Hendrix?... You make any new friends?... I doubt it... You've never been the type.... hahaha...Lucretia says hello by the way... not sure where Epsilon... Gamma and Omega are... but I'm sure they are around here somewhere"

Jay during all of this had placed the palm of his free hand across his face, sighing as he did so. Why was Violet always like this?... he wondered to himself, enduring the barrage of questions that he knew would go unanswered as Violet rushed through the call. "Everything is fine Sis... I'm on route 7..." replied Jay, intentionally refusing to answer the other questions. "so why did you really call me?... I thought you'd be knee deep in your research... you wouldn't stop blabbing about it the last time we met" replied Jay, his tone composed as he continued down the route he was on.

"Oh.. thats right... almost forgot... haha... my bad!... teehee" both assistants who alongside Lucretia had begun to collect the fumbled paperwork from the floor had shaken their heads in unison. This was typical trademark Violet... she was always like this. "So Jay... I know your doing your thing and all.. but y'know Professor Joshua?... pfft.. of course you do...duh... haha.. well... Joshie needs some help in the Nacreous Glacier chasm..."

"...ok..."
muttered Jay interrupting Violet as he stopped in his tracks. He was worried about what was about to occur... V never did call without leaving him with some sort of ordeal to go through and survive. Mentally preparing himself, Jay walked over to a large boulder and sat himself down.

"...and... well I would go... but... I... I don't really want to leave the Foehn tunnels just yet... so... I..I had this idea... and... well... I... uh... I.. I told him you'd go instead..."

"..." silence permeated the phone call.

"Hello Jay?... Jay you still there?" came the cutesie worried voice of his older sister. "Jaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy" whined Violet.

"...yeah.." he sighed.

"So... will you go?... Joshie Woshie is having some trouble and it would be awesome if you could help.... I mean... you are already on route 7... you might as well...puh-UH-lease" pleaded Violet.

"..." again silence returned

"Jaaaaayyyy... come on... please?... If you don't go... then I'll have to go... and ... and... and... well.. I don't want toooo..... leave yet...." whined Violet. It was Lucretia and both assistants turn to place their free palms across their face.

"... You already told him I was going to go anyway... before you called me.. he is expecting me already" replied Jay, exasperated.

"..." it was Violets turn to remain silent.

"Seriously... V... ugh... fine... I'll head over to the chasm with Flint and Hendrix... but you owe me... you owe me big"

"Wooohooo.. Little brother...your the best!!! I knew I could count on you in my time of need... your my Knight in shining armour little bro!!.. I'll give you a nice big one of a kind hug the next time we meet!... anyways.. now that your going..., Joshie is gonna need you to smash a.. uh.. what was it again?"

"A weather machine"
came a male voice from V's end of the line.

"Yeah.. a Weather machine!... Thanks Robbie!"

"Robert. It's Robert. Not Robbie. Not Rob. Not even Roberto. Just Robert... hey.. Are you listening to me?"
The Gothorita Lucretia placed her hand across Robert's back, gaining his attention as she shook her head sideways. V was not listening to him.

".. so yeah Jay... Joshie needs you to like... smash this weather machine to pieces. Apparently its blowing away all the fog that the pokemon use for protection?.. I dunno... its not the kind of thing to keep me interested... I figure... if you want a weather machine... catch yourself a Castform.. those cute little floating balls are absolutely adorable!...you know what I mean"

"Right. Smash a Weather machine... is that all?"
questioned Jay, getting himself back up onto his feet and beginning to walk towards the nearest town,

"Yup. That is all" replied Violet, twirling around and beginning to walk out of the large research tent they had set up, the opening to the Foehn tunnels now visible to her once more. Several more workers were stationed closer towards the large entrance, some holding various small machines that took various readings, whilst others carried various equipment further into the cavern. The plan was to set up an internal camp inside the tunnels, a sort of make shift secondary research facility that they could utilise without having to make the long journey back and forth between the outside of the tunnels and the inside.

"Are you sure?... You are 100% sure you are not forgetting anything?

"Hmm.... Jay.. come on.. you know me... stop being silly"
muttered Violet, walking towards her two assistants. "Rob, Patty.. I need you to re-calibrate the devices and take these readings once more... I want to confirm that they are accurate.... oh this is so exciting!" squealed Violet, momentarily forgetting that Jay was on the other end of the phone. "Oh sorry Jay!"

"It's Robert"

Jay for the most part ignored it, instead pressing the bridge of his nose with his free hand, as if trying to distract himself from just how much of a pain in the butt his older sister was being. "Last chance... are you forgetting anything?" Jay queried once more. Chances were that she was.

"Jay... behave. I'm not forgetting anything...okay" reiterated Violet. "Oh Rob, don't forget to bring the video recorder this time"

"I said It's Robert"

"... fine... I'll start making my way to Nacreousville for some Ice heals... then the chasm"
sighed Jay. He couldn't believe he was being forced to venture north to the chasm... he didn't particularly like the cold.

"Thanks again bro!... You are the best!... anyway.. I got to go... Omega.. Epsilon and Gamma are up to no good again... I can never keep track with these Unown!"

*click*

Not even being given the chance to say his goodbyes, Jay pocketed the mobile device and glanced skyward towards his chimchar companion, "Well... looks like we're heading towards the mountains... you ready for a few fights?" smirked the boy, only the hope of experiencing a tempestuous battle of wits amidst the harsh coldness of the chasm appeared to make this unplanned journey worth it. IF anything the frigid icy terrain would be ideal for some training; the type advantage working in Flint's favor.

Little did Jay know what was about to occur....
full

Last edited:
divider.png
e2e3a2cb0e09e6de92d1cd9df45ef839--pikachu-drawing-manga-drawing.jpg
ᴀᴋɪʀᴀ ᴛᴀɪᴅᴀɴᴀ
From her reclined position against a tree, all Akira could do was raise a brow at the sight of Ri trying to catch Luc's tail. The shinx was clearly having a grand time, flicking his tail up in the air just out of reach of the smaller pokemon when she was about to grab hold of the appendage. She smirked at the tiny squeak of outrage the pichu emitted as she jumped, trying to reach only to fall back to the ground with a small 'oof' as his tail was moved once again. "Shiii!" her partner called out in amusement, only to get another squeak of protest in response.

"Ever thought about playing nice, Luc?" she called out to the two. All she got back was a flick of Luc's ears as his tail landed once more on the ground within Ri's reach. Seconds later there was a loud cry of victory from the pichu as she finally caught the tail. Akira snorted at the picture they made.

Stretching out her arms, she reached for her bag, planning to use it as a pillow, happy to finally have a break after the last shit show they'd gone through with Ianthe and Damon only to freeze as her phone began to ring loudly. She cursed, hurrying to muffle the sound, already knowing that it was that damned Professor. She was certainly regretting following Prof Rowan's orders and coming to Vera Valle to help this lunatic out. She spared a glance at her two pokemon that were still playing happily in the grass. The twitch of Luc's ears gave him away though, showing that he had also heard the ringing.

Akira growled lowly in her throat before roughly snatching the still ringing device from her bag. Answering, she put the phone to her ear and scowled. "What?"

"Hello! This is Professor Joshua! We need your spirit, you think you can help an old tired professor out? Remember that castform those hooligans in Blackleaf tried to steal? Well, we got that back, but methinks they have a backup machine to do what Castform could. Mind meeting me at Rt 11 by Foehn Tunnels? I have a gift for you. We're breaking a machine."

Before she could even respond, maybe tell the crazed man to fuck off, the call ended, leaving the raven-haired girl glaring at the open road before her. She cursed loudly, finally catching Ri's attention from where she was still wrapped around Luc's tail.

"Pichu?"

"Come on you two," she snapped, shoving her phone back into her bag and shrugging it over her shoulder. "We're leaving, that idiot needs help with something else..." she grumbled. Scooping up Ri and putting the pichu onto her shoulder, she jerked her head towards Luc and started down the road to where Professor Joshua wanted to meet.

By the time she made it to route 11 a while later; she was tired, sweaty, and even more pissed off than when she first got the call from the man. "I'm here." she grumped to the man she'd been cursing in her head. "What. Do. You. Want. Now."
Ganryu Ganryu
divider.png

As the group descended into the chasm depths, Articuno was not that hard to find, screeches and blasts of ice showing exactly where the ice phoenix lay. A sudden blast of air shot through the chasm, a large burst of energy flying past the three, and hitting another group of leaf agents in the background, ice exploding into icy shards as a blizzard from the ice titan hit, and a triumphant screech as they yelled and pointed at it. IT was definitely trying to get their attention. However, the more ice it blasted, the less room it had to fly. Eventually, the chasm was smaller than its wings, forcing the bird to land on a perch, and cry once more as it declared a challenge, rooted to the spot. Its eyes looked up and locked dead on with the trio, a glint there, and a seeming smile.

And it didn't attack. It was daring the three to come into its territory. There was an ice path down, but also numerous holes in the chasm, producing tunnels and caves all throughout, giving them several options of how they wanted to approach. Articuno didn't seem to care which way they came, but its stiff body language gave its intentions clearly. It was here for a fight. And it was sure it would win.

Even without any active attacks, the air temperature fell, like death itself piercing their jackets. It was as cold bundled up in front of Articuno as it would have been running through the rest of Nacreousville naked. At least the bird was beautiful, with snow and ice glistening in the air in front of it, giving it the appearance of diamond dust itself.

Professor Joshua
1572799037068.png
izayoiix izayoiix Silvaine Silvaine Phayne Phayne
As Akira stood by the end of the dirt path , a cloud of dust could be seen in the distance, getting closer and closer. To no one's surprise, the Jeep sped right up to Akira, squeeling of tires as it turned violently, sliding right up to her, within inches, with the jeep suddenly swaying on two wheels, before crashing backdown on two. A machamp was at the wheel, lowering sunglasses at Akira with one of its four arms.

"Champ." It said in much the same vain as " 'sup". Hearty laughter could be heard in the passenger's side, the pokemon professor, Professor Joshua.

"Good to see you, Akira. Would ya look at my Machamp drive. Maria told it me it was a terrible idea to teach him. He's even better than I am!"

In the backseat of the jeep, on a tire, sat another trainer, who knew how she was taking the rough ride. She had a unique purple shade of hair, and tanned skin that screamed 'Aloan'.

The professor's jolly face dropped to much more serious.

"I need your help in particular, Akira. Blackleaf is up to no good again... this time is worse than normal, they are using every single one they have. I just had a field report tell me that they are using a weather machine to blow away the fog. The pokemon of Nacreousville Chasm use it as a natural cover away from predators, relying on it heavily. Ice types are surprisingly vulnerable, weak to Rock, Steel, Fire, and fighting. Anyways, I'm rambling. What I need you for is, I need an electric type expert to rig that weather machine. I have a pokemon I've personally trained, but, well, he's unresponsive to me. I figure you might be able to coax him to do his job better than I have. His name is DZ."

Joshua picked up a pokeball, and tossed it to Akira. A bright flash of red came out, revealing a mareep... also in shades. It looked up at Akira, and then turned its head.

"He... does know Magnetic Flux. And is.. particular skilled at using it to manipulate electronics. Such as hacking into our pokemon systems... repeatedly. But he won't listen. If you can convince him, it will be a great help. Now, introductions. This here is Lilinoe, she's agreed to help us fight, and to get us to the weather machine. I'm also picking up another trainer on the way. Jay Fetu I believe his name. I'm just going to have Machamp haul him into the jeep as we drive past him. You lot can talk there. Well, come on Akira, let's go. Oh, also, the pokedollars have been sent to your account for your help last time."

Machamp would floor it the moment Akira would climb inside, a rough and bumpy ride awaiting her. Vera Valle wasn't made for vehicles, very few even trying. Blackleaf's moving vans, and the laboratory's jeeps were the only well known ones to the valley, and for good reason. Rocks sent the jeep bouncing, and sudden swirves avoided fissures. As the group would continue to a much colder section of the region, Machamp would reach out the side of the door, and grab a lone trainer off the road in a sudden abduction, throwing Jay in the back with the girls.

LILINOE MOORE
UrkjOLH.jpg

════════════════════════════════
Interacting: none | Mentions: Ganryu Ganryu izayoiix izayoiix Phayne Phayne

A few hours earlier...

Lilinoe was in Cumulus City, taking a look of their marketplace. Various stalls and stores as colorful and divergent as the people who walked the street. She found that she liked this region where she didn't stand out among the residents and travelers. Though she had only been here for less than a month, it made it all the more exciting for this are all new to her. Her starter, Kini was draped on her shoulder like a lazy scarf, carefully making sure her marking was facing away from her.
"Ooh, there's a pokeball stall," Lilinoe's attention was piqued by an array of pokeballs in many array of colors.

"Welcome! Welcome! We have new stocks of pokeballs from Hoenn's Devon Corporation!" the man called out to her and motioned to his wares. Lilinoe recognized a few of them from her home's pokemart, although a lot are foreign to her. She picked up a simple green pokeball with a yellow circle on its top. Most of them are on the level of pokeball and their variation are mere aesthetic, but she admitted there are appeal in matching her pokemon to the color present. Green for grass, blue for water and so on. It was about time that she caught herself a new pokemon, so might as well. "How much?" she asked and winced at the price. That was more than double it sold for in her hometown, she supposed it makes sense considered where she is. "Just this one then..." she said as she purchased the nest ball for her future grass type. A typing that would cover Kini's weakness quite well. A water would be even better, but she didn't want to risk it with Kini's weakness to water, despite her poison typing.

Lilinoe was on her way out when she received the call from the professor's assistant. She may have freeze up a little the moment Legendaries were mentioned. She couldn't help it, alright. Legendary pokemon are dangerous. She may not know the two legends mentioned, but she did grow up with tales of the Tapus and warning of what they are capable of. Those pokemon can decimate whole city and army! and the professor expected her to go to their lair!

"Wh-wh-what should we do, Kini?!!!" Lilinoe wailed out. She couldn't refuse a first assignment from the professor and it was part of her agreement with the professor that she will do task for him. "Saa," Kini hissed as she could sense Lilinoe's growing panic. "Aaa, why this? and it is against Blackleaf too. I have been hearing worrying stuff about them... I hope that there's more experienced trainer around. I am sure the professor won't just leave this to newbie. Right? right!?"

Her time had been spent with trying to calm down and prepare as best as she could. Stocking on supplies like ice heal, potions and winter clothes. She had then dropped by Lacuno Tower since it was closer than route 11, only to regret it as the professor was quick to whisk her into his jeep, driven by machamp. Yes, she wasn't seeing it wrong. A machamp was in the driver's seat.

She was just so done at the moment with common sense. It had died and she couldn't mourn it. Kini had abandoned her for her pokeball's safety the first minute of the drive, leaving her to endure this torment. Why did she thought it was a good idea to come here again?

there we go again... Lilinoe thought as she had to dodge another trainer being thrown her way (Jay), unsuccessfully.

757MS.png

Pokemon Out: None

Last edited:

The glacier was beginning to become busy as Ianthe and Eric would enter the fray, the sounds of fights erupting all around, trainers and black leaf grunts both starting to poor int the chasm. It would only get worse from there.

The temperature seemed even colder this time, despite the absence of fog. Diamond dust floated by Ianthe and Eric as a cry responded repeatedly through the chasm as a challenge was given. The diamond dust was beautiful... and frigid.

There were two upsides to the massive amount of battles beginning to take place. The first was, even the most vicious of the Greater Nacreous Area's pokemon had long since fled, hiding in burrows and the sides of the chasm, not wanting to get hurt.

This in turn, along with the lack of fog made the trails down significantly less busy, and much more navigatable. As the two went deeper, suddenly a ghostlike figure popped out of the chasm wall, before seeming to multiply, giggling as she went.

A voice came from a fissure in the side of the chasm up ahead.

"Enough pranks, Anda." The voice was deep, and thoroughly unamused as a hand reached out, grabbing the wall for support as a man walked out. Wearing a blackleaf emblem, which side of the fight he was on was undeniable. He looked up and down Eric and Ianthe.

"Always choosing losing sides, Eric. And I don't know who you are, but one of the Professor's flunkies I'm sure. Careful, kids are liable to get hurt in places like this."

It seemed more a threat than a warning.

"I'm not one of Mansel's 'flunkies' though. I am Admin Wolfe, overseer of this little operation, and overseer of the northeast. Twice as cold as Nacreous, and twice as harsh. Though I suppose the little introduction's for the lady, and not for the other "Wolfe". Doubt he needs it, do you boy?"

He pulled a pokeball from his side, though it was empty. At the motion, the ghost phased through the wall, giggling as she waved at Ianthe and Eric, before making a 'beheading' motion with her fingers.

"So... how's this little adventurer going to go down? Eric's never been a good battler. You, little lady?"

e2a63b34851e88cac445c31edd11a244.png

Jay had just enough time to turn around and see the rapidly approaching mass of sheer bad luck before his world was plunged into darkness. Like a stampede of taurus and bouffalant, the earth had begun to shake; its tremors given vigour by the looming threat whose presence grew ever closer. The first sign of bad news was the hard to miss dust cloud, the cumulus mass of dirt, wind and debris growing ever larger as it billowed behind the incoming jeep. The stallion to which the current attacker rode upon, before unceremoniously casting Jay into the abyss. With one of its four brutish appendages, the large greyish hand of Machamp had clasped Jay firmly by the face; whisking him off his feet. It had been a sheer miracle that the boy had not been decapitated on the spot, his head ripped asunder by the hulking mass of muscle. Almost instantly, the rush of air had began to ruffle Jay's exposed hair into a flurry of medusa like tendrils; the boys body wiggling along the passing air current as his muffled complaints to this violent abduction went unheard by anyone. Both the roar of the passing winds and the large ungodly muscular palm presently suffocating him, had been more than enough to force his silent consent to the matter.

A few seconds of hell had elapsed, Jay in vain trying to clasp one of his pokeballs; a futile attempt to break free from his binds. Like the rag doll that he had become, the boy was quickly brought into the vehicle, tossed into the back seat with little care or remorse to the trauma he may have just developed.

With his rear end facing the front of the car and his face buried into the fabric of the rear seats; Jay remained almost motionless, the odd twitch of his left foot perhaps giving hope that the boy had not just been killed by Machamp, before having his lifeless body tossed towards the two current occupants of the back seats.

"I hate my sister..." grumbled the boy at last, his two hands now coming to life as they accidentally grazed the thighs of both occupants sitting either side of his crumpled body. Without noticing the new 'danger' he had just walked into, Jay had begun to press downwards, attempting to right himself back up from the heap he was currently in, alas fate be a cruel little prankster and the subsequent bump in the road had caused his right hand to slip off the seat and his face crashing once more into an expose belt buckle. "God dam it" cursed Jay, still unaware that he was not lone in the back of the jeep.

Momentarily defeated, Jay using his right hand had begun to rub away at his foreheard, the buckle leaving a nice red smidge across it.

"Oi... Professor" growled Jay, "I was asked to help... not become fodder for that musclehead partner of yours"
full

Ganryu Ganryu izayoiix izayoiix Silvaine Silvaine

A top hat...Truth's naivety caused him to assume that his partner must have had some modicum of intelligience. A gentleman, probably overconfident since he was wearing something so utterly ridiculous. The only reason he would still be wearing something like that would be because he was someone who could easily earn the respect of others through his actions, or was just so inept that it wouldn't matter what people thought about him. Truth gave him a once over, not changing his expression in the slightest before sharing an understanding nod with Omega. What that meant, they would never tell.

Truth gracefully stepped out of the vehicle after seeing his partner fall flat on his face. "If they saw that they would still be laughing," Truth deadpanned after Fliathril had the gall to call out those who laughed him after such a blunder. Despite what seemed to be a comedic act, Truth could tell he was not one to be trifled with. He had no doubt that he would probably be schooled in a pokemon battle despite claiming he was the covert type. Truth took in his observation. It was true that the pokecenter was probably evacuated at this time.

After a few seconds of just staring into space, a bit of life flashed back into his eyes as his facial features lightened up slightly. "...I plan to let them win."

He didn't let the statement hang in the air on purpose, rather he was unaware that his partner could not read his mind. "...Right, explanations..." Truth said with a sigh as he closed his laptop. He hated talking more than he had to, but since it couldn't be avoided there was nothing he could do. "We could smash that computer and achieve our goal. After a month, or two we would be sent back out on the same mission. When it comes to things like this, it is the software that is the real problem. Rather, the network in this case. Think about this computer. You could smash the computer to bits but the internet would still be in tact. Moreover, if they clearly lose this battle they will work tooth an nail to show how resilient they are to our organization. I'm not a people person, but I know how they operate. So we let them win, defeat you, and install the system."

Truth paused as he tried to figure out how he could describe his quickly forming plan. "I'm pretty sure I could hack the system if I get close enough. It actually doesn't seem that complicated. However, I haven't had time to generate a code large enough to destroy an entire network...so I'll let it destroy itself. I'll implant a virus designed to self replicate and take over the system. Pretty simple infection actually. Eventually, the system will turn on itself and the network will be no more. Operation clean slate as it were. The hardest part would be getting my computer linked to the network. For that I will need time. If you could misdirect their attention for just a bit while I work on "maintenance".

"Any pleasant memories?"
Truth said as he leapt to the subject of his origins. Despite having no particular attachment to his own hometown, he could imagine what his partner might have felt. If he had any reservations he wasn't showing it.

Ganryu Ganryu

Eric Wolfe Ianthe Kekoa
The air shimmered with diamond dust, sheer cold biting at any exposed skin. All around them, sounds of battle were erupting. Articuno’s cries of challenge were drowned out only by the roars of dragons. “Crap it’s even colder here than last time!” Eric complained as he and Freja worked their way down the icy path.

Before anything even appeared in their way, Freja gave a faint growl as her coat bristled. Eric slowed his pace slightly, it was rare for her to tense like that. He didn’t get a chance to scan for any auras before a Froslass flew out of the very cliff wall in front of them, multiplying and giggling all the while. He gritted his teeth, “Augh, we don’t have time to deal with wild pokemon.”

Freja wasn’t even looking at the ghost type, her eyes trained intently further down the path.

"Enough pranks, Anda."

Eric instantly recognized that voice, there wasn’t any denying who the owner of it was. This was great! He’d be able to hold off countless Blackleaf goons and give them a real shot at saving- Eric’s voice died in his throat at the older Wolfe stepped into view, Blackleaf’s emblem prominent on his jacket. The frigid air didn’t even compare to the ice that cut through his veins at the sight.

“An…” his normally boisterous voice was all but swallowed by the wind whipping around them. “You’re an… admin…?”

Ianthe looked from the Froslass to the man who came into view. Well, it was just one guy. Admin or not. They could take him on, help Articuno and figure out what to do next, Ianthe thought to herself, until she looked over at Eric. Suddenly the boy who had seemed so sure of himself was...quiet? Did he know this man? She decided to stay quiet, more interested in the history between those two, but when the man spoke to her, she decided to give him a response.

“I’m pretty good. Think Eric just needs some good teamwork.”

“No fooling? Well then. Best show me. I am the big bad evil guy after all. Though… not so sure what’s so evil about wanting to win. Anda, come. Here’s the condition. You two beat Anda, I pretend I didn’t see you. You two don’t… I get to tutor Eric here.”

The froslass giggled as she faded away, reappearing next to the Admin. He pulled on his fur jacket, snow falling from it though he didn’t seem to mind the cold. It was hard to tell on his white head what was snow and what was hair.

“Now. Let’s go. Anda, dance for me.”

Froslass let out a happy shriek, scuttling forward, before blurring into multiple clones again.

Admin Wolfe’s expression was unreadable.

Eric ground his teeth, “Why the hell are you working for them!?” The teen’s voice cracked slightly as he yelled. Freja quickly looked between her distraught trainer and the now attacking pokemon. Flickers of yellow uncertainty cut through violent and furious red that overtook his aura. Eric’s nails were biting into the palms of his trembling fists, “quick attack, dispel those clones!”

A wary blink before the pokemon obeyed and dove towards the multitude of ghosts.

Ianthe winced as she listened to the mix of ire and shock in Eric’s voice. Oh, no. Would he be able to handle this? She looked up at Cotton, who was still happily whistling around above them. Maybe she should wait to have Cotton use Sing until after they were certain which of the Froslass was real, she thought, patting Nymph’s side instead.

“Help them out, Nymphie. Razor Leaf, please!”

The Bounsweet was finally gaining some confidence in battle, ironically when the usually-excitable trainer was losing his edge. He needed some help, but she wasn’t sure on what exactly to do except try to aid him in battle. Nymph shot out a row of purple leaves towards the ghosts with a cry as Ianthe tried to think of something else she could do.

Each and every attack seemed to phase through the ghosts. Laughing accrued from all directions.

“Shadowball.”

Directly behind Freja, the clone that she’d just quick attacked through turned around and hurled a purple sphere of ghostly energy flying at the back of her head as a leaf hit the ghost on the leg, slightly sending the sphere off course to the right of Freja’s body.

“Now, miss, mind explaining to Eric what’s happening? Anda, Hail.”

Anda let out a quick dance, and small rocks of ice started to hit everyone around, trainers included, though Wolfe stood staunchly through it.

“What, is my question not even worth answering?” Eric demanded, lips curled in a snarl as Freja uselessly passed through Anda. Her coat stood on end when a shadow ball barely missed her.

Not waiting for another fruitless command, the Riolu made a snap decision and fired a force palm at the icy outcropping beside them in an effort to bring ice and snow sweeping across the path. She leapt back to her trainer’s side, Eric fighting to ignore the shards of ice that now pelted him.

Now, this wasn’t good in the slightest. Ianthe reminded herself that Froslass was a ghost type, and from what she could tell, there weren’t any moves they could use that would be highly effective currently....but honestly, Ianthe was more concerned with Eric and his inability to focus on the actual problem at hand. Okay, that might be a little harsh, but she knew the more important issue at the moment was the fact that his father was trying to hurt them and was helping to get that Kyurem. They could figure out what exactly his father was doing on Blackleaf’s side after he was taken out.

“Eric, battle first, question him later.” She said, a hurried rush in her voice. “Cotton, use Sing on the ghosts, please!”

Cotton chirped, his sweet whistling turning into a sort of lullaby, trying to tire out the stronger Pokemon.

The avalanche of snow did manage to catch the Froslass, forcing the real one to ‘swim’ out of the ice, leaving the rest of the clones covered and half phased through it.

“Anda, Ice shard the Swablu.”

Giggling was heard as the Froslass slashed forward with one arm, freezing chunks of ice that went flying dead center at the Swablu. It began to sway in drowsiness, kneeling at the melody though, half asleep, and unaware, buried up to its chest in ice.

Wolfe clapped his hands. “Good idea. If you can’t overpower an opponent, disabling them can be equally useful. Anda’s nearly out… if you can land a finishing blow. I suppose I should have used my star pokemon, but my word is my word. And I suppose the Riolu is decently well trained… but I trained her, so that’s not a surprise.”

He praised Ianthe while looking away from Eric.

Freja leapt to the side, aiming a force palm at the incoming shard of ice. If they wanted to succeed here, then that Swablu needed to finish its song. Though the bright and flickering colors of a daydream running through its aura left more than its share of questions for her.

For once, Eric remained silent as he glared at the older Wolfe. Crimson eyes now burned azure as he tried to get some kind of read on the man’s aura. While he could differentiate between plantlife, pokemon, and humans, reading any further than that had always been a struggle. Reading their emotions? Near impossible for him on a good day.

Today was not a good day. His father’s aura remained as dull and unreadable as ever.

Oh man, these two really didn’t have an ounce of good blood between them that wasn’t the Riolu. “Keep it up, Cotton!”

The Swablu had been hit by one of the shards of ice heading his way, and before Ianthe could say anything, Nymph had already attempted to hit the other shards away like the Riolu with her Vine Whip. Another hit Cotton, but the bird refused to stop singing, continuing his sleep-inducing melody as he began to be tactical in his flight pattern.

“Eric?” Ianthe looked over to the teen, hoping he’d look away from his father for just a moment. They could do this. Especially if his father stuck to his word and didn’t send out a stronger Pokemon for them to fight.

Seeing her distracted trainer, Freja scowled. In a blur of movement, the Riolu’s fist was buried in Eric’s stomach. It wasn’t enough to cause any serious damage, but it was enough to drop him to his knees for a moment. “What the hell?” Eric spluttered.

“Rii,” Freja pointed at Ianthe, prompting the teen to finally look over at her.

Ianthe looked over and saw Eric’s Riolu “get his attention”, and she nodded at her, silently thanking her for the assist. She cleared her throat, glancing back to Eric with a smile.

“We’ve got to work together. We can beat him, even with the odds.” She said, before checking out her Swablu and Bounsweet. She was thankful for the Swablu’s constant source of joy, especially now; he had gotten hit a third time and even though he was definitely low on energy, Cotton didn’t stop singing. It was admirable. And Nymph was doing amazing, considering her usual attitude about fighting. Maybe she realized how serious this all was.

“Show your father you mean business.”

Swallowing, Eric shakily stood. She was right, with Anda nearly asleep they did have a good shot at beating her. His father had never really been one to break a promise.

But he'd also never seemed the type to join a group like Blackleaf.

A steadying breath. An attempt to silence the jumbled thoughts racing through his head. Ianthe was right again, he needed to worry about the fight in front of them before trying to figure out what was going on. Kyurem and Articuno were counting on them to win here. ”Yeah… Besides, a hero’s gotta beat the villain no matter who they are, right?”

Ianthe nodded, eyeing Eric’s father. Eric was getting it. This was way more important than his father. This was about saving two legendaries. Maybe he could talk to his father after this, understand what was going on...but first and foremost, they had to beat him. And if he stuck to his word, they were already halfway there.
“You got it. We’ve got this.”

Eric gave a short nod, “Freja, defend her Pokémon no matter what.”

“Nymphie, use Razor Leaf.” Ianthe commanded, and the Bounsweet followed suit, shooting purple-colored leaves at the sleepy, but still giggling Froslass, while Cotton continued his song.

The sharp grass finally snapped Froslass awake, crying as they hit her straight in the face, being unable to move due to the avalanche Freja had put her in. The cuts bled a frost of ice, and made her roar, the first angry emotion she’d felt since the start.

“Got you riled up Anda? Been a while since I’ve seen that. Sorry for putting you through such a casual battle then. Well, excellent trainers, both of you. What say you we end this in a single blow?”

Wolfe inspected a ring on his hand, before crossing his arms. “Don’t bother about digging yourself out Anda, you are made of ice. Let’s use it. Sync, in 3…2...1…”

Both Wolf and Anda crossed their arms, before a strange dancing occurred, before Froslass seemed to throw up, an excess of cold energy pouring out of her mouth, and a spire of ice shot out, giving her a huge wall over her opponents to aim down. The frozen outpour started to change from straight down to a line aimed at Nymphie, freezing a trail of ice where it moved. The power was… almost comparable to Articuno, for a moment, it was quite literally everything Anda had, her mouth full open almost reminiscent of Glailee, unable to stop once she’d started.

Subzero Slammer

Eric tensed, he knew his father’s Pokémon were strong but… “Since when could you do that!?Sure, the setup seemed weird as hell but sweet Arceus the power in it. For a brief moment, he wondered where he could learn something like that.

Then he remembered the giant spear of ice barreling towards them.

Freja tensed, staring wide-eyed at the massive attack. She glanced between it and Eric before finally jumping in the attack’s path, her arms crossed in front of her. It had been the first sensible command she’d been given since this entire mess started. All she needed to do was endure the blow.

Ianthe’s eyes widened as she saw a Z Move in person for the first time in months, it felt like. She’d left most of her own Z-Crystals back at home, but she still wore her Z Ring, out of habit. Since she was only arriving with Nymph, who didn’t seem the type to want to fight...it didn’t make much sense to her. Now, however, she found herself wishing she’d brought them, as stared directly at the attack heading her, and Nymph’s way.

She let out a gasp when Eric’s Riolu got in the way of the attack, and Nymph let out a similar cry, distracting Cotton from his song as he turned to check on them and seemingly registered the gravity of the situation. Cotton whistled to get Ianthe’s attention, but it took a moment for the trainer to look up at him.

Wait. There was something they could do to distract that Froslass from Eric’s Riolu. Something Swablu had started learning on their way back to Vera Valle…!

“You know what to do, Cotton!” She yelled out, and the Swablu flew around, diving towards the Froslass and letting out an astonishing, startling shout at it.

The glacier of breath passed over Freja, powerful waves of cold snap freezing the air around her in a sudden blast of cold, a cone of ice forming around her, but Freja’s energy keeping it from penetrating farther than the skin. It still left her frozen beneath the icy cone, but mostly alright as the ice trailed up the path, towards Nymph.

As Cotton, however, flew up to it, the blast slowly curved to try and engulf Cotton, before it suddenly screeched, throwing Anda off guard. The froslass jerked her head to the side, and a blast of cold hit the chasm wall, causing a spear to jut out, and slam into Anda full force, sending her flying off the pedestal she’d been on.

With a screech, Anda fell, flying into the chasm below.

Wolfe sighed, pulling out a pokeball and recalling her mid-fall without so much as a glance.

“You did wonders, little lady, I can see why the professor chose you. Feel free to pass. I didn’t see you.

And Eric, you’ve never once in your life listened to me, don’t start asking me questions now. I’ve got rather important things to do. Soon as you get Freja out, get out. Better if you leave the chasm, but doubt you’ll listen to that either.”

With a small whistle of a tune, the admin placed his hands lackadaisical in his pockets and walked passed with hunched shoulders.

For a moment, nothing happened, the ice encasing Freja prevented any movement. The small riolu’s body began to glow red, brighter and brighter before the ice shattered. It was a last-ditch move, one that required her to pour every last drop of strength in. She collapsed to the snow and greedily sucked in the cold air. After a few breaths, she managed to stand back up, though it was clear there wasn’t much left in her.

Eric let out a breath he didn’t even know he was holding. Freja was alright, she was safe. He shook his head slightly. Of course she was, she was strong.

His father had trained her.

“You’re right,” He clenched a trembling fist. “I’m not leaving until we’ve stopped that bastard Mansel from hurting Kyurem and Articuno.”

I can see why the professor chose you.

Ianthe shook her head as Eric’s father passed by her, eyes on the poor Riolu who had taken the brunt of the Z Move. Before the man could leave the area, Ianthe called out to him. Important things or not, Eric still deserved some sort of answer. It seemed like they hadn’t seen each other in too long.

“Since you won’t let Eric ask, I will. Why Blackleaf?”

The Riolu’s body glowed red before she broke the ice, and Ianthe moved over to her, rummaging through her bag for a Super Potion. Eric’s Riolu had done her such a favor, protecting her and Nymph. If anything, she deserved rest, but they did have to help Articuno and Kyurem, like Eric said.

Ianthe sprayed the potion on the Riolu. “Thank you.” She whispered, and Nymph mirrored the thanks with a soft cry. Cotton landed near them, chirping as happy as ever, and Ianthe brought out another Super Potion for the Swablu as she waited for a response.

Wolfe shrugged.

“He won’t listen, so what’s the point? Blackleaf is respected. Power is respect. And after… you know what, never mind. Don’t stop training little lady, it’ll take you far. I might have to take it seriously next time.”

He flashed a fittingly wolfish grin, before ascending up the steppe, leaving the two a clear trail to ascend. In the background, Articuno’s battle with Blackleaf could be felt as much as seen.

divider.png
e2e3a2cb0e09e6de92d1cd9df45ef839--pikachu-drawing-manga-drawing.jpg
ᴀᴋɪʀᴀ ᴛᴀɪᴅᴀɴᴀ
All she could do was stare at the pokemon before her. What was with the Mareep population in this region? Were they all somewhat twisted in the head? "D....Z..." she managed, blinking slowly. Before she could fully wrap her head around what was happening, she'd been ushered into the vehicle and barely able to get properly seated before they were off and she was crashing into the seats.

It took a minute before she was upright, but once she was settled, she turned to look at the girl beside her. "...Hn." she grumbled a greeting as they took another sharp turn. She grit her teeth as her shoulder slammed into the side of the car once again. She was really missing her home right now. Her home where no one bothered her and she was free to nap whenever she wanted to nap. No annoying professors dragging her around the region at the drop of a hat...

Her eyes widened as she tried to duck out of the way in an attempt to avoid the male being thrown at them in the back. She growled in annoyance as something slammed into her chest and refused to move. Great. Just what she needed, someone else to annoy her. Someone who was still pressing into her chest in an extremely uncomfortable way.

"Yeah, and I didn't ask to be used as a chair today, so if you don't mind cave man," she snarled at the new arrival. "Get. Off."
Ganryu Ganryu Silvaine Silvaine Phayne Phayne
divider.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back