• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Vera Valle [Lore]

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Ganryu

Your Lovable Jackass GM
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
-filling out, too much stuff on discord needs moving over-

Pokemon Battle Styles

Vera Valle is a diverse place, and often pokemon trainers battle each other using a variety of regional rules. If someone declares they want an X battle, it's one of the below:

Kanto: 6v6 (solos)
Johto: Team Battles (1 & 1 v 1& 1)
Hoenn: Contests
Sinnoh: Double Battle
Unova: 3 v 3 Solo
Kalos: Rotation
Alola: 1 v1 regular
Galar: 1 v 1 mutated (megaevolved, dynamaxed, etc)
Fiore: Sky Battles

There may be other styles invoked. (On discord, message me to add to the list.)

Alolan style is the most common as it saves time.

Pokemon are fierce and independent, it is hard to control more than one at a time, and downright impossible to do more than two. (DM does not want to deal with all those on the field at once.)

Origins of Vera Valle

-Couldn't work this into a post, but here, have a post format.

Mayor Conchobhair sighed while pouring hot chocolate for everyone gathered in his 'little' house, a mansion overlooking the city atop a small ledge. The building was majestic, transparent, and slightly blue. It had 'do not touch' all over the walls, and seemed to exhale a frost from the walls itself. Not a single brick or mortar made the icy little house.

"I suppose you all deserve to know where all this nonsense started.

The answer to that is with the founding of Vera Valle itself.

Officially, it was found 20 years ago, by Koshirou Takahashi, in a happy little accident as he took time off his tours after retiring as the champion of Kanto. Before he was replaced by one of Oak's protege's. He was restless, and retired quite young, still in his 20's. Officially, it was wanderlust and luck that led him here. Unofficially, the Kanto Government had hired him to track down a Mewtwo that had escaped and traveled north.

The conditions to Vera Valle were hellish he reported. The mountain gales regularly blew him off of his Charizard. The cliffs were sheer. And the fire and ice were extreme. He said anyone short of a pokemon master would be unable to make the journey. Bragging bastard. And these were in official documents...

Anyways, he found Mewtwo in the middle of the battle with the King of Vera Valle. Regigigas. Most Regigigas are slow, and hard to get started. Not King... Their battle blew Koshi away. Quite literally. Said they were monsters. He didn't want to get close. He couldn't find Mewtwo afterwards, but he did notice the geography had changed. A path had been opened, what was once Mt. Perdido reduced to rubble. The base of it is what we now call Cumulus Town.

He reported it to the Kanto Government, but apparently had poor timing, as his message was hacked and stolen on the way. It leaked to the public, and that was the first wave of excitement as all sorts of pioneers and hotshot trainers decided to make it here. Like me and my wife.

It was an absolute wilderness when we first got here. No maps. No civilzation. Only us and our pokemon against the wilderness here. It was terrifying. I loved it. However... with so many hot headed trainers, all of us at least pretty good, it started to bubble up 'who was the best'. Even before we had towns, can you imagine? Cumulos had started to form as a little trading outpost, and me and my honey had started the beginnings of Nacrousville, and Madam Pompadour had found oil in the Arcus desert... but that was about it.

Kanto saw our pride as a good chance to get a foothold in the region, more than they already had, and they agreed to host a tournament for Vera Valle's first champion. They would broadcast it to all the world and make us popular!

64 trainers qualified. Both me and my wife were in it, the pompadours, Koshi obviously, and two upstarts. A young pokemon professor, just a research assistant back then, Drake Joshua, and a prodigy dragon trainer, Mansel Blithe. Several others, but, well, they aren't relevant.

It was fierce. Those were good fights back then. We did Kanto Style, 6 v 6, solo fights. They were grueling on the trainers, and made sure one had a well rounded team, but, well... it was good sport. I had an ice team, and fought my wife in the second round.... boy was she surprised when I pulled out a Beartic I'd been keeping secret from her, and sweeped her team. Hehehe, slept on the couch for a month after that... Totally worth it.

The quarter-finals rolled around, and it was little surprise that Koshi had managed to end up in there. His opponent would be Mansel. Incidentally, the other two were myself, and Drake Joshua.

Now, Koshi had the aura of a champion about him. He was relentless, confident, and absolutely brilliant.

Mansel .. back then was a very respectable little genius. He was more draconic than human, fierce, quick, decisive, and unwilling to lose to anyone.

Now... pokemon battles generally aren't long, pokemon as a species aren't particularly ruthless in sport. Battles are relaxing to them, if they lose and its not life or death, they'll relent. Pokemon also tend to take after their trainers a bit.

Both were relentless...After an hour, both were still going at it with their first pokemon. Dragalge vs Vileplume. Both clearly past their limit, and had been for some time, but like their trainers, they refused to give up.

Mansel... he went too far. He manipulated Vileplume into a corner, and, well... Dragalge used sludgebomb after sludgebomb on the sweet flower. I remember the broadcast getting cut... Mansel realized he'd made a mistake before Dragalge did.

Mansel was disqualified. His trainer license revoked. They tried arresting him, but a single cold glance from him made the security force there back off. The whole event left a bad taste in our mouth, so me and Drake declared no contest.

Now Vera Valle had no champion, and a vicious broadcast for all to see. Kanto denied knowledge of it, and shut off any further funding to the valley to try and distance itself. No more tournaments for us.

Mansel was so reviled after that, people spat on him where he went. He used to be one of the most respected people in the entire valley. Now? He was a vicious pokemon killer. Not even legally a trainer. No one would let him use the local PC network for fear he'd somehow hurt pokemon through it. That, that hurt him. And the fact he knew he'd messed up. The guy just couldn't live with a mistake. Think we went mad over that more than anything, that he'd screwed up, that he'd overestimated Vileplume, and lost himself to emotions in a fight.

I think that's where the concept of blackleaf started. And people like the thought of power. He started gaining followers, promising them the chances at a legendary. And a good sized paycheck. I don't know where he gets his funding, but I suspect its related to Team Rocket.

Now, as for Koshi? He was so shocked by the ordeal, he just wandered off... No one dared follow him. We don't even know if he's alive, let alone still in Vera Valle. I doubt much could do him in.

Later me and Joshua would have an exhibition match for curiosity. He stomped me. Nurse Radost Sr was laughing on the floor it was so bad. Tch. I underestimated his damn Machamp. My wife had beat him in casual trainer battles across Vera Valle before that. I don't know what happened to make the man that good. He said he'd had a good teacher. Damn liar, there was no one stronger than him TO have taught him. Koshi hated students, and, well... Mansel was...unlikely to say the least.

After that, well, I went on to fully form Nacreousville, had a few kids. One's a disgrace, rest... pretty alright. Mansel has tried countless operations to catch legendaries with his gangs. Fate seems to hate him... until recently that is.

He could defeat them, but was always met with bad luck.

Couldn't find Jirachi.

Celebi took his Flapple and disappeared.

Regirock's brothers interfered when he'd beaten it.

Mewtwo's never been found.

Ho-oh literally melted his transportation and flew away. When he pursued, and ash cloud blinded his Salamence.

Every year its a new operation. This year... he finally caught one, dirty as it was. Tch...

But, the trainers of Vera Valle found magnificently. Better than even us old-timers I think. I think... I think Vera Valle's going to be just fine.

List of Banners:

1579485302830.png
1579485321061.png

1579490174025.png
1579497066590.png
1579497543776.png
1579498004329.png
1585946542396.png

Attachments

• 1579489756551.png
    1579489756551.png
    323.2 KB · Views: 2