• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
She hadn’t been expecting somebody to sneak up on her so when Elliot gripped her shoulder Isabelle’s body tightened as a momentary look of panic crossed her face. Thankfully the other woman couldn’t see that, however she certainly was close enough to hear the soft, high pitched yelp which she involuntarily uttered. It was a sound more than worthy of the embarrassment she felt at that moment and were she the type to blush, her cheeks would definitely be taking on a crimson shade. The shame turned out to be short lived, a sudden burst of emotion gone by the time she turned around.

Or at least it was hidden behind her attempt at a straight face. Probably didn’t help her cause that she turned a noticeably quicker than somebody normally would.

“No thanks. I was never good at beating things up.” Was what she managed to shoot off before the two were joined by Cadmus with Isabelle holding some secret hope that the other woman’s attention would be diverted away.

Interactions- Ace Cream Ace Cream

Elliot

Elliot grinning in amusement at Isabelle's surprised reaction. Cute. She would poke her further but Cadmus approached her to ask about her combat experience.

"I never fight any gator before, and I also never fight against moving dummy like this. Neat dummy, I want one in the room." She replied. "But yes, I do have combat experience. My house is right next to the abyss so we have no choice but to train ourself to survive and protect the citizens."

screaming armadillo screaming armadillo AncientBird AncientBird

Cadmus listened to Elliot explaining her experience about combating. His eyes widened with curiosity. "Oh, so are you from military family line?" Asked the boy.

Cadmus had heard of Sapphire Lake's military before. As they do not have wards to protect against the creatures of the abyss that often visit their lake, they have one of the most discipline and well prepared fighting force known in Potamos, although lacking in numbers due to their more limited resource. Witnessing Elliot performance seemed to confirm all of that.

Featuring: Ace Cream Ace Cream

Elliot

"Yes, there's some noble families who have their land directly next to the abyss. These families are called the warden and my family is one of them." Elliot replied to Cadmus, clearly taking pride in her family history as she was slightly puffed her chest as she talk.

"If you visit my place I can show you some of our siege machines that we use to repel big creatures."

AncientBird AncientBird

Time went by at the training hall. While Cadmus had been at the place many time before, he was mostly alone, coming to watch the duels or spending time with the professors, which he regarded as higher than him. This was the first time he came with someone else that he considered as equal, as his friends and it was a really good time. They discussed, they shared knowledge and joked around. So far, these new friends had given the boy the side of life he hadn't got much chance to experience before.

As Cadmus was having fun, suddenly the hair on his neck raised as he heard something... Someone calling him... Someone he never ever wanted to hear from.

"Hey! It's Finny boy!" Said Lancis as he glided toward Cadmus in his fish form. The black shark-minnow circled around the group. His black scales reflected in sunlight , gleaming beautifully, yet it was the sight that made Cadmus gnashing his teeth with hatred.

Lancis inspected the group and slowly made a landing nearby. Just as he transformed back to his nymph self, a tall and fair young man with scruffy red hair... However his eyes and grin that he sent toward Cadmus and the group were full of arrogance. A large shoal of fish arrived and stopped right behind Lancis, Aster and Krel stood in the front close to their leader as usual. It seemed that during the span of morning after He and his goons parted way from Cadmus, Lancis had gathered a lot more followers into his group, those that desire to lick up for the power and wealth of the Grand General's son.

"What do you want with me, Lancis? You can't do anything to me inside the college." Cadmus asked, his brows frowned with stress.

"Wow, negative much Finny?" Replied Lancis. "I am already over with that 'business' we had in the morning... You know? Just enjoying the place, showing off good stuff to my new friends..." The boy said and looked over the Cadmus's new friends. "Say, you got quite some people on your shoal there... Hmph... Outsiders, no doubt... it's your only chance to actually make friends anyway, so I understand."

"Outsider or not, they have been treating me very nice so far... Unlike you or anyone that want to trail your shadow..."
Cadmus replied.

"Of course, they have... They have no idea of who you really are, haven't they?" Lancis said and stopped to glared down at Cadmus. "You think you have big name backing you up, Oh... I am the foster son of Headmaster Antonian Vyraz!!! Because of that, I can do all I want and I am not afraid of anything!"

"I have never even once thought of such thing-"

"Oh yeah?! Yet you refused to join my shoal, refused to associate with me! We could have achieved great things together, Cadmus. I could provide you power, fortune and company that you lack... Instead, you defied me and painted yourself as better than me!"

"I don't want any fortune or power from you.. And sorry, company?! You never treat anyone as your friend, Lancis... You always look down on those you take into your shoal as servants, as someone you can control however you like! And so long as you still behave like that, I would never want anything to do with you!"
Cadmus replied.

Lancis huffed and smirked, but clearly there was anger building up inside him. "Very well, do what you want then... Keep sticking with these outsiders. Hopefully they will want to stick around when you lose your precious Headmaster daddy..." Lancis said and turned around about to walk away.

Cadmus's brows frowned. "What are you talking about?"

Lancis smirked... He slowly turned around again. "Oh, you haven't caught that yet? It seemed like you are getting 'left behind' more often lately..."

While Cadmus always knows that every single words coming out of Lancis are poison that shouldn't be taken for granted. This one pierced deep into his feeling like spear. "No... Headmaster hasn't left me... He would never..."

"Oh really? Then where have he been all these past months? Have he even come up to congratulate you after the welcoming ceremony this morning?" Lancis asked with a wide grin. Cadmus was silent.

"That's what I thought... Maybe he finally came to his sense that taking you in was a mistake... You, a little orphan with no future, no hope... Maybe he's already found someone else he could actually have high hope for."

"You don't know what you are talking about!"
Cadmus shouted back, his eyes shut tight.

"You insignificant, little water flea... Perhaps when your grasp finally slip from the Headmaster's name that you will see that you are nothing, and you will regret for denying my offer!" Lancis said while Aster and Krel chuckled at the sight of Cadmus being tormented.

Ace Cream Ace Cream ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon Nine of Swords Nine of Swords screaming armadillo screaming armadillo Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Once Once

Last edited:
Flame watched the interaction with a primarily neutral face, twirling their scarf's tip around their arm. A few sentences in, their brow perked, and an odd, unnatural clicking seeped from their throat, this set lower and almost sharp to the ear, unlike the pleased clicking that they normally used. It was like listening to a water-scorpion's plating clash.

They coulda sworn they've heard this person before, and they had to pause and rack their brain for when they'd seen—ooooooh!

It wasn't a heartbeat after the interaction was finished that Flame snapped their fingers and their clicking rose in pitch jut a bit, stopping so they could speak a moment later. "Oh, right! Yes, I remember you. You're the degenerate who wanted to steal a notebook," they all-but chirped, the tone of fake friendliness harshly contrasting their words. Flame barked a sharp laugh with nothing but disgust behind it. They figured they could use what Teal taught them.

"Still chasing after things you shouldn't have?" They purred, weaving forward and getting right in the nymph's personal space with a grin that practically dripped blood. "In this case, respect." They let their ropedart's blade slip out of its sheath and the cloth covering, pressing their own finger into the blade, yet not cutting it.

They didn't care about... Cadmus was his name? Cadmus, but there was something immensely pleasurable about using their words as a sharpened sword... so that's what they did.

It was much unlike their "emotional" outburst by the rune. These words were hand-picked and whatever emotion was shown were completely fake. They couldn't care less about this person or his problems. For a moment, scales crawled across their face just as they arched up, getting on-level with him with a grin of bared teeth. "If I didn't know better, I'd think you were jealous... oh wait. I don't." They all-but recoiled from him, the grin morphing into a sly smile "Must be fun, living like bait on a hook... at least bait can so something useful, though."

Adonis Frazier
Adonis was not a good roommate. When he first left home -- which was when he'd been accepted into an established high school with a heavy focus on the sciences -- Adonis had made his boundaries clear. Don't touch my stuff, don't pester me with questions, and don't bother me when I'm trying to sleep.

As such, he had no intention of helping whoever to shoal was here for. From the way the atmosphere changed to that of nervous worry, Adonis could tell that they meant trouble. Aand of course they just had to be here for one of his roommates.

The light-haired male turned his head away from the scene, supporting his chin with a free hand as he tried to figure out what to do. On one hand, Cadmus was his dormmate and it'd be much easier for his to do what he wanted if the boy didn't hate him. On the other, Adonis was pretty sure that Flame would voice their displeasure, so it didn't really matter if there were one or two people ruining the fun.

While Adonis considering his options, he caught a snippet of conversation that he didn't particularly like. His head snapped upward, allowing violet eyes to lock onto Lancis in a baleful glare, a clear sign of his displeasure. Hearing Cadmus echo the sentiment, he couldn't help but scowl at the boy as well. "What's wrong with not growing up in ivory tower, huh?" he growled.

Adonis had no intention of starting a fight, but if Lancis wanted to insult him, he wasn't going to let the bully walk over him. He didn't care about the kid's father's rank; if he wanted a fight he was going to get it. That was why none of the nobles in his hometown wanted to support him: because he was a pain to deal with.

For a similar reason -- both of them weren't having the best day. Flame had just gotten told that they were being left to die because none of the famed mages could be bothered to research the ancient protection runes. Adonis was just trying to have a good time and reality had come crashing down to crush all of his dreams. -- Flame appeared to be picking a fight as well. Of course, the light-haired male didn't really care about coordinating with them or any of the others that were standing beside Cadmus, but as the redhead threatened the leader with a cunning smile, Adonis couldn't help but see the glaring opening that was being left for him. The nymph raised his chin arrogantly and raised a taunting eyebrow before humming, "Can you even fight?"

Elliot

"I'm taking this dummy." Elliot pointed at the aligator dummy that she fought before.

"You can't, Miss. It's a school property." A staff who came to replace the broken dummy replied.

"I have money."

"School property can't be bought. Allright. Just no, sorry." The staff finished replacing the dummy and leave. Elliot scowled silently and thought about buying some dummies from the maker directly later. When she came back to the group from her brief conversation there seems to be a few more nymphs talking to the group, specifically Cadmus.

As both sides talked and insulted each other Elliot just sat on nearby bench and pulled a protein bar to snack on. Yes, she didn't like conflict like everyone else, but she likes watching it. The fools at the court do it all the time and she took amusement from watching them tearing each other for almost no reason. Though this was a school and Cadmus was her groupmates so she figure she would acts if something dire happened but otherwise would let them insult each other as much as they want.

"Whoa!" Arl pushed his way forward to the confrontation, his eyes wide in excitement. "Are you a school bully here? That's so cool! I read about how big schools always have one. In fact, all of the novels I read that took place in school setting had at least one bully character!" He looked up and down at the bully, in an effort to memorize every part of his appearance - he's going to need a good physical description for his journal later tonight.

Then, he suddenly seemed to remember that he is, in fact, standing in front of a nymph and examining him from head to toe, bully or not. "Oh, right! I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself! You can call me Arl!" He decided that he'd be extra nice and introduce his new schoolmates too (who, perhaps incidentally, seemed to be getting ready for a fight), and added, "And this here is Flame, and here's Adonis! But, uh, you don't seem to be in the whole 'introducing each other' mood. Which is just fine! Of course we don't have to introduce each other today, we can do it any other day as well!"

Well what in tarnation is this? Here they were making merry around the punching gator just to be bothered by a group of jerkfish. Of all the nerve!

She didn’t conceal her disdain of the jerkfish, however it notably lightened as tall, dark and broody decided to go on a verbal offensive. And that was the polite description. Broody’s venomous assault left Isabelle wondering if this person actually was a grump instead of somebody who just wasn’t very good at dealing with strangers. She didn’t get very far into that debate before Arlewen inserted himself into the equation. Not good, that wasn’t a good spot for him.

So Isabelle took a pair of quick steps before trying to drag the goof out of harm’s way while quietly saying, “Now’s not the time Arl.”

Interactions- Nine of Swords Nine of Swords

Keel
interaction:​
Arguments where not exactly something keelester was used too. Back home everyone would generally just keep any dislike or annoyance they had towards someone else to themselves and letting it brood quietly, thusly such odvi and blatant confrontation left keel a little confused and somewhat uncomfortable thusly hed just hang back and watch, though clearly agitated by the way he wasn’t standing still though to be fair he never seemed to stand still to begin with.

As soon as Arias started to speak up, Lancis turned his attention from the totally defeated Cadmus to the flame-haired youth. His brows frowned and nose stiffened once he took a good look at Arias. Pretty much ignoring what Arias spoke about him stealing notebook, (which on the other hand caught Cadmus's attention of how this new roommates of his know about the incident in the morning.) Lancis replied with trace of disgust on his face.

"What is this?" He paused and took another glance at Arias from head to toes. "Ah, you must be a Jungler." Said the boy, using term usually referring to flooded forest native. "I'd know those stench of rotten mud and decayed log anywhere..." Lancis then gave back a nasty smirk back, looking at Arias like he was some kind of a lower life form or something. "You talked about respect, do you even know one, Jungler? Last I heard, you and everyone from that damn place are barely any better than those Barren barbarians." As usual, Krel and Aster chuckled from behind their leader.

"But anyway, I am telling you this. Respect is the word for the weak... It's obedience that matters. Whoever strong enough to rise up, will have all the power in their grasp... Then the weak will come swimming for them, expecting for their hind to be secured... Then it's only the matter of obedience. Those that obey and swim with the shoal will rise with the strong-" Lancis spoke then gestured toward Cadmus who was still standing in silence. "...And those that straggle are left behind to rot."

The boy then turned back to Arias again. "I don't need to chase anyone for their acceptance, I have got that plenty, I have all the power to bend the weak to me... In fact, I don't even need to care about that new 'friend' of you, Jungler..." Lancis said with a big grin as he gestured toward Cadmus again. "However, it's always a delight to see the ones that disobey sink into the floor they belong to. But hey! You two could be friend then... Cause soon, he's gonna be stink with mud and rotten things just like you do!"

"Oooooooh!"
Sound came from the the group of youth behind Lancis, mostly from those that had been with him for a while.

Lancis then heard from Adonis, who had also stepped up to face him as well. "Can you even fight?" Said Adonis. Lancis bursted into a laugh, along with some of his older goons. Once he settled down, glared at the light hair youth, seemingly not being deterred by the older nymph at all. "I knew I smelled a couple of Sapphire Laker in this little group as well... You asked if I can fight? Ha! I guess you don't know who I am? I am Lancis Dunmar, son of Baltemor Dunmar, Grand General of Grand Mbuna! My father has trained me the way of the combat from when I was just a fry! Strength flows within our blood!" Lancis then stepped closer to Adonis with a grin. "Do you want to find out yourself, pretty?" He whispered.

Their conversation got interrupted briefly when Arlewen barged in with excitement, before being pulled back by Isabelle. it only made Lancis stopped in confusion for a bit then he continued. "What do you say, Sapphire Laker? Have a gut to face me?"

Featuring: ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon Once Once Nine of Swords Nine of Swords screaming armadillo screaming armadillo

Ace Cream Ace Cream Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

"Oh, so now anyone having not grown up in your little bubble of protection where, I imagine, no one knows how to defend against a non-nymph enemy is to be scorned?" Flame asked in fake shock. For someone who's never had any real social interaction outside of Teal, they could fake fairly well. "I'm surprised you expect an insult that holds no bearing to work, Softscales," they teased, baring their teeth in a Cheshire grin. The insult was one they knew from a trading caravan they'd hitchhiked on. Essentially, it was a jab at both a nymph's ancestry and current ability to defend themself. That seemed like something he'd care about.

"And I'll give you a little tip..." they looked over the taller's shoulder to his two lackeys, though kept most of their attention on the closer threat; Lancis. "Out there, out of this... magic ring of oh-so-precious safety, obedience dulls the mind to orders and slows reaction time until algae grows on your scales. Obedience gets you killed." Arias spat the word out like it was blood. "Obedience saturates the water around you with so much red, your gills will choke on it. Obedience is the nonaction that has minnows feeding on your floating corpse." Flame's grin all-but dripped with something foul. Something that screamed the need for all around them to leave. "And if those under you are obedient, you will swim in their blood before you see your first sunset outside this cage."

In reality, they were just copying the look Teal gave them when he had a good idea, but it still had its effect.

The grin widened when he looked away and Flame tucked the dart's end back in so that it was shielded by a slight cloth buffer. They spun it once and tossed it, letting it bounce without much real force off the side of Lancis' face.

"Mistake two; if you're in the room with someone aggressive... never take your eyes off them. Think you can throw a punch, Softscales? Or are you hiding behind your father's petty title?"

Adonis Frazier
Hearing Lancis's retort about respect and obedience, Adonis rolled his eyes as he listened on in boredom. Bullies, why did they always feek the need to make flashy, unnecessary speeches? The student could swear that he'd heard a contrary quote from someone who didn't belong among the trash heaps. "What was it?" the pale-skinned male muttered. "Only dead fish go with the flow?"

But, clearly, his attempt at defending Arias while insulting the hulking idiot in front of him was unnecessary as could be seen by the insult they had just sprouted. Softscales was sure to rile up the pompous trust-fund baby. Adonis make have even laughed if he didn't want to look like a goon, though their obedience comment was a bit too exaggeratedly bloody for his liking.

When the much taller male revealed his identity, Adonis couldn't help take a moment to reconsider his actions. He'd been expecting someone of status, but certainly not a relative of a Grand General. Still, what was life worth if he just bowed down to every nobleman that came his way?

Even though the nymph had been thinking off backing down, his violet eyes were narrowed in lazy slits and his arms were crossed confidently. As the much taller boy stepped in close, shoving his face into Adonis's, the light-haired male forced himself to lean in, challenging words on his tongue.

You know, Sapphire Lakers aren't brutes. We can fight because we need to, living by the Abyss. I'll be the first to admit that I can't beat you in a fistfight -- no use trying to wrestle with a squid ten times your size, mm? Still, if you want a fight, I don't mind facing you in a swordfight, outside of school of course.

But, Flame had already made their move, launching their weapon in a clear provocation. Seeing the act, Adonis couldn't help but feel a tiny bit thankful, even if Arias clearly hadn't done it for his sake. If they needed his help later -- though they probably shouldn't since they'd initiated the fight -- Adonis didn't mind covering their escape.

Realizing that almost everyone in the room was staring at them in shock, though none of them were making any move to help, Adonis tapped his fingers against his trash curiously. He'd thought that his roommates were much better people than he was, but they clearly weren't, not even helping poor little Cadmus who was standing still, shell-shocked by the 'revelation' that his father didn't care about him.​

Arlewen let himself be dragged back by Isabelle, although it was clear that he was much disappointed that his first meeting with a bully was over in such an anticlimatic way. However, as Lancis chipped at Isabelle, he yelled, "hey! Not cool!" before finally being dragged to the backline.

After falling back to the safety of the back he scowled at Isabelle. "C'mon," he said, "you could have dragged me back later." He was not very thankful for his 'rescue', because from the sound of it, there seemed to be something exciting happening toward the front right about now. Still, he grudgingly admitted, there were many more things to be seen on his first day, and staying in the sick ward wasn't his idea of fun.

Interactions: screaming armadillo screaming armadillo

Lancis turned away from Adonis as he was called by Arias... And in the moment that nobody would have expected, the flame hair youth threw a dart at his towering opponent's face, albeit it was the blunt end. Cadmus gasped to the shocking scene. To his experience, nobody had ever openly attacked Lancis like that before...

Getting the dart right in his face, Lancis flinched... He then looked toward Arias with fury in his eyes. "You little fa-!!!" The boy growled and marched closer to Arias, stopped only right in front of him. "That's it... You really want to test me, don't you?! Fine!" Lancis growled, his voiced shook with anger. He then turned around, trying to get as much as attention in the room as possible. (which wasn't difficult as nearly everyone had already been watching the whole thing all along.)

"Two days! Two days from now... In the evening after the first day of class has ended..." Lancis announced loudly. "I challenge you, Jungler... To an one on one duel, as to tradition of Grand Mbuna!"

As soon as Lancis ended his announcement, people began to discuss and gossip among each other. Cadmus looked around anxiously. In their culture, duel is a not something to be taken lightly, especially when it was proposed by first year student. A training hall staff appeared through the crowd and arrived where the group was standing. She looked at them and frowned her brows. "Which of you had invoked a duel?" Asked the staff.

"I did!" Lancis said, confronting her. The staff looked at Lancis in doubt. "Mr. Dunmar. To invoke a duel isn't something you do out of impulse. It's a serious rite, with less regulations than normal sparring and can be dangerous if fighters do not fully realize their own strength and capability to harm others... Especially for first year student..." Said the staff before she was cut by Lancis. "I know what I am up to! I have seen many duels and learn its rules before!" Lancis replied, not being very respectful to the older nymph. "I am serious and I demand a duel with that... Thing!" Added the boy as he pointed to Arias. The staff sighed, she seemed to know that arguing with the general's son probably won't do any good to her. "Fine, then... But your opponent can choose to accept or reject your challenge as well..." She said and turned toward Arias. "What do you say, do you accept Lancis Dunmar's challenge?"

Cadmus could no longer keep to himself anymore... All these happened because of him drawing in Lancis's attention in the first place. Quickly, he reached toward his new room mate. "Arias, you don't have to do this! All of Lancis's word is nothing but stink in the torrent, just let it flow along..." Said the boy.

Featuring: ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon

Flame shifted their weight, eyeing Lancis up and down. He's a large fish, so their piscine form wouldn't do much for them without a spot to ambush, but he'd likely be one of those to fight as a fish, giving them an ample upper hand.

Besides, his spluttering and theatrics were amusing.

As a member of the staff approached, Flame tucked their scarf back in to place, adjusting it around their neck until it was comfortable again. They'd heard of duels and knew roughly what they were allowed and not allowed to do, though they may have to ask for a refresher on some of the finer points of the rules.

They offered a small smile to the staff member, noting that they didn't look like they got paid enough for this. "It'll be a good experience... for both of us." Cadmus' words, however, briefly distracted them, and they backstepped in a simple, smooth movement, having seen the hand as they'd turned to address him. There was one thing Arias hated more than anything else on the planet, and that was being touched.

"I don't know about you," they drawled at their teammate, "but I think one-on-ones are actually quite entertaining." They offered him a grin. "A show of skill, if you will."

Flame turned back to Lancis with a hum. "I accept your challenge, Dunmar. Two days from now it is, then."

They held back a 'your traditions mean nothing to me', though, offering a fanged grin. "See you in the ring, softscales."

Elliot

"Wow, that escalated fast." Elliot said to herself as she watches mere insulting session turned into an agreement for sanctioned duel. She couldn't help but clap a little and tapped Arias' shoulder.

"Good luck, i'm rooting for you." She said while giving them a thumb up. She definitely would come to watch the duel.

ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon

Evening, College Archive

"The keystone is ready for the process, headmaster."
Said Prof. Arden. "Very well, let's gather everyone. It's time we shall see if this would finally unveil something." Headmaster Vyraz replied, his hand still held a big book which he had pull from the pile he gathered in a nearby table. Prof. Arden nodded and walked to another room, followed suit by the headmaster. Both soon arrived in an isolate room, along with a few other professors they had gathered as they walked by. They congregated around a podium. In the middle lay a glass dome containing a strange sector shape object, made of metal, engraved with ancient runes. In the middle of the object bears a shallow with with small hole that goes through to the other side. The object floated in the middle of the dome, slowly turning on its own."

One of the professor carefully took out the glass dome and took the strange object in his hand and came toward the group, presenting it to Headmaster Vyraz. Prof. Arden then stepped up and handed out another object, a glass orb with mist of various color swirling inside. The headmaster received the orb and carefully, he put it on the pit of the object, perfectly fit it and assembled both object into one.

Suddenly, a bright lay of light shine through the small hole in the object and project it on the wall nearby. There, a set of strange alphabet could be seen lying on the wall. All the professors looked in wonder at its sight, some ever gasped out loudly. "Finally... It works..." Headmaster Vyraz spoke slowly, his eyes fixing on the alphabets. "I assume this is the First Runes?" Prof. Arden asked as he inspected the alphabets closer. "Yes, the oldest form of nymph-kind's language. The runes that were given to our ancestor by the Leviathan himself." Replied the headmaster. "Can you read it?" Asked the professor again.

"Fortunately, yes... I have been practicing it recently in case we encounter some... Seem like we do need it anyway. I am not that fluent yet, but I will try my best..." The Headmaster then took out a small paper, looked into it and then the alphabets back and forth.

"Among the countless roots, mud and mire

Emerald reed path, beyond one’s eyes
Where thousand black birds, rise and lie"

"What does that mean?"
One of the other professor asked. "I do not know... But if I am to assume. It must be location..." Replied the headmaster.

"To the Pentarcanum?"

"I hope so, but my sense doesn't feel like it would be that easy. Whoever hid the gem probably wouldn't rely on just a single poem to use as clue."

Prof. Arden watched curiously at the poem and wrote the translated poem down on a piece of paper before Headmaster Vyraz took out the orb and, making the light and the alphabets distinguished. "At least we have something to report to his majesty now. Good work everyone, you are all dismissed for today." Said the headmaster.

As the other professors left... Headmaster Vyraz was left alone with Prof. Arden. "Antodian..." Called Prof. Arden. "We need to talk about Cadmus." The headmaster stopped in his track upon hearing the name. "You said it before that you distanced yourself from him because of the uncertainty that could happen to you in this research... Now that we know thing aren't so bad as we thought it could, would you be able to see him now? The boy has waited for you for months and I think his patience is fading." Spoke the professor with concern on his face.

Headmaster Vyraz listened quietly, took a long sigh and replied. "The research isn't fully complete yet... It took longer than I anticipated and I fear I might have been too late to reconcile for all those I put him through at this point." Prof. Arden stepped up to stand next to the older nymph. "It isn't too late, the boy is still looking and calling for you... But it will be soon if you do not act quickly now. I don't want to see all that both of you have built together over those years crumbles down because of this one research."

Headmaster Vyraz gazed back at his companion. Even though he is a regal and powerful, his faced showed only fear and concern, weakened by guilt. "Please, Antodian... You know it in your heart." Prof. Arden pled.

---------------------------------------

Cadmus and the group had returned to the dorm. Darkness had already begun to loomed the city, only with crystals enhanced by sun magic that still lightened the environment. After the incident with Lancis at the training hall, Cadmus hadn't spoken much. He mostly kept to himself and wandered in his thought. Sitting in his bed, he looked out of the window and far into the professor's office across the street. many rooms there had been lightened up already... However, not the one on the top floor, the one Cadmus wanted to see it being lit the most. The headmaster room was not occupied... Where could he be?

Lancis's word corroded into his mind like acid, repeating all those mean word into his head at every thought. Cadmus knew that the boy couldn't and shouldn't be taken seriously... But in a part of his feeling... What if he was right? What if the headmaster no longer wish to be in his life anymore? Cadmus wiped off a drop of tear at the corner of his eye. Trix swam from a crack in the wall it had found and claimed for its space and landed on Cadmus's lap, twitching its antenna. Cadmus petted the crustacean slowly... Trix had always been helpful in consolation, but tonight he needed something more.

Reaching out to his lute in his pile of belonging, Cadmus brought it into his embrace and without any context, he began to play. Fingers pulling string, he started to fill the room with music...

Ace Cream Ace Cream ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon Nine of Swords Nine of Swords screaming armadillo screaming armadillo Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Once Once

Last edited:
Adonis Frazier
Adonis knew that the group's atmosphere should be lackluster after their encounter with Lancis, but the man had a great time even after meeting the bully.

There was a duel to look forward to for one, and even if he wasn't even playing a leading or even supporting role in it -- at this moment, Adonis mentally gestured at Arias's crimson-haired face which had just appeared in his head. Did they really look like someone who wanted help planning their battle tactics? -- the light-haired male couldn't help but feel his blood boil at the thought of watching the event. Besides, after the gym incident, he had taken the opportunity to slip away from his roommates to explore the city and go sightseeing. Then, he walked through the streets, ducking in and out of restaurants, and sampled the famous foods.

Now Adonis was back at the dorms, sinking into his bed with the welcoming packet in his hands. But his violet eyes weren't focused at the papers, no, they were on Cadmus who'd managed to stay silent for the entire night.

The light-haired man wasn't particularly caring, but he almost thought that he'd seen him holding back tears in the sparring arena and the words about his father abandoning seemed to affect him quite heavily as well. He hadn't cared much about Cadmus in the arena, but he probably should help his seventeen-year-old roommate with his family problems, no?

Seating himself beside lute-strumming boy, Adonis grew a snack for his pet shrimp and offered it to the creature before turning his violet eyes onto the long-haired boy.

"Are you okay?" He asked bluntly after a moment of enjoying the music.​

Arias had followed the other students to the dorms, but after that, broke off to rest in their bed, curling up in the nest they'd made earlier. It was an odd position, their hands wrapped in the end of their ropedart and their head tucked under their knees, which were nearly flush with the rest of their body.

It looked very uncomfortable.

Though, Flame didn't seem to mind, remaining still and silent even as things happened around them. Granted, they were still, obviously awake from the short, off-tempo breaths.

Elliot

Elliot spent the earlier part of the night on the roof looking into the open water. She just sat there non-chalantly while snacking on some more double deluxe sandwhiches, she might get a bit addicted to it. The moon was very clear here, shining brightly on the lake and giving a somewhat magical scenery for her. The sound of the flute from their was a welcomed addition to entertain her.

"Probably Cadmus." She shrugged at the thought. Hearing him playing his music made Elliot wanted to play her piano. Yeah, good idea. Tomorrow she would buy a piano to be placed inside the room.

"Oh wow! Cadmus, I didn't know you could play an instrument!" Arlewen interjected suddenly during the middle of the performance. "I know a little bit myself, though I have a lot to learn. Hey, I have a grand idea - let's play together!" With that, he whipped out a wooden whistle and joined in without asking for permission, adding improvisational melody to the music.

As soon as the first note was played, he seemed to have entered into a trance, where he was one with music. He swayed side to side like grass in the currant, with his eyes half-closed. The music he played was pretty solid - it was much better than the fighting skill he demonstrated earlier with the alligator dummy. He rode the rhythm like a torrent user rides the flow of water, going this way once then going the other way the next, without any jarring breaks in between.

Interactions: AncientBird AncientBird

Today had been... different for keelester not that it was necessarily a bad thing honestly. Hed had an amazing time aside from that whole argument thing but aside from that everything was just so much more lively than back home it left him to wonder what exactly was the reason he’d got sent here.. it was fairly dangerous hmm maybe they’d tried to just get rid of him? Though this was true in keelester’s head it couldn’t be that at all. Thusly heading to his dorm he’d be surprised by the size of the room it was waaaay bigger than the one he had back home like double the size. With a big smile on his face he'd just relax... what could possibly go wrong?

Today has been…something. On her bed with the gentle melody of music in the background Isabelle tried to take the first quiet moment of the day to process all that happened. From the nervous excitement of entering the gates to the awe at marvelous magic, and even a bit of concern as a brawl looked to be in the making only for relief to take its place as that storm passed. At least temporarily. There was still a chance for that even with the duel.

She paused at that, the foreign, almost regal prospect of seeing a formal duel seemed to only add another layer of wonder. So much in one day, she would have been to excited for the next to sleep had this one not left her surprisingly tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back