• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

AncientBird

Reptile with wings and plumes.
.: Prologue :.

2 years ago, Grand Mbuna

“We need to take this seriously for once, uncle. More and more witnesses to this unknown threat only increase in each passing day.”

Said Prince Nathans as he stood before the great stone throne. Before him, sat King Oberin III, the ruler of Grand Mbuna.

“I understand your concern, nephew. But our campaign to help Stonespire Lake against the advancing Bloodreaver Tribe from The Barren has advanced too far to be held back at this point. We can’t afford to face 2 threats at the same time. Beside, nothing dire has been reported about this ‘malevolent force’ yet.” Replied the king.

“Nothing dire??? It has drained several mages of their magic, corrupted their power into chaos beyond control! Who knows how else it’s going to affect us? Are you waiting for someone to actually be killed to call the situation dire?” Prince Nathans raised his voice, frustration coursed his in word. He stepped closer to the throne. “Please, uncle… It’s time we search for the lost gem Pentarcanum. Only with its pure and powerful magic can hope to stand up against this corruption force.” Pled the prince.

“I would never wish such ill fate to happen, Nathans… But there must be priority in our actions… And right now the more immediate threat lies in the Barren where our enemies are gathering in numbers. Searching for a long lost gem, without any clues is just not affordable at the time.”

“Then you take care of your Bloodreaver business. I am done waiting around for this threat to bloom into a possible unstoppable force…”

Prince Nathans said and turned back, walking away from the king. “If you wouldn’t aid in this matter, I will do so myself. I will find and bring back the legendary gem and end this malevolent force once and for all.”

However, before he could leave, a younger man who had been standing nearby the entire conversation rushed in and grabbed Nathans’s arm. “But Nathans, we need your aid at the warfront against the Bloodreavers! Without your strength and power, our force would be dwindled!” Said Prince Oberin IV, son of King Oberin III and crowned prince of Grand Mbuna.

Prince Nathans looked back with fury in his face. “I don’t care what consequence you will face, cousin… If you don’t treat the matter I spoke for seriously like your father does, then you don’t deserve any aid from me… You are on your own!” Nathans said and pulled his arm away from Prince Oberin’s grip and walked away. As soon as he reached the entrance out of the throne room, he transformed into a large Giant Snakehead and swam away.

---------------------------------------

.: Pentarcanum :.
Grand Mbuna, the center of nymph’s civilization and the jewel of Northern Lake. Since their triumph over the barbaric Bloodreaver Tribe’s invasion at Stonespire Lake last year, the metropolis has fully recovered and thrived within the bountiful gift of their home lake once again.

It was the opening of the new semester of Grand Mbuna college, the grandest and most efficient education center in all of Potamos. Many eager youths from all over the known world had come and gathered here to enroll for their place in the college.

The streets and marketplaces were crowded with many nymphs, residents and newcomers alike, going by to prepare themselves for the upcoming day. The water above them was also filled with various fish forms swimming around. Many nymphs with gigantic fish forms could be seen bearing carriage containing other nymphs from far away towns and villages which help them travel safely to Grand Mbuna, across the unforgiving wilderness such as Flooded Forest and Great Marsh which stand between their homeland and destination. Others use the labor of the lumbering, domestic manatee, a docile and peaceful beast that can also be used to bear carriage in the same manner.

On many spots, guards of various fish forms swam around or positioned themselves in different places, ready to service and protect the citizens in case any trouble happened or any predator intruded upon the city.

Cadmus Finn

34c56fd32cceff4f9cd42c52098d4879.jpg
Cadmus opened the window of his house to greet the new day. With the gleam of excitement in his eyes, the boy had been waiting for this day to come, the day he will get to enroll into the college of Grand Mbuna, the place he had known and been around since birth and had been waiting to actually take part in its education. Also, the fact that it's the work place of his care taker, Head Master Antodian Vyraz, who had become sort of his family member... The only one after tragic accidents that befell his birth parents many years ago. Cadmus used to spend a lot of time with Antodian at the college when he was just a little nymph. However, they seemed to have been apart from each other as of late when Cadmus had become more independent and his care taker seemed to become increasinly busy with his work. The boy hoped that if he get to become a official college resident, he might get to spend time with the headmaster more.

Cadmus quickly got dressed, grabbed any equipment and belonging he wished to bring with him to the college, then made himself a fast breakfast with some algae bread and snail meat. He was ready...

"Wake up, Trix! It's time to go to the college!" Cadmus called for his pet who had been hiding inside a crack in the wall. A blue velvet dwarf shrimp crawled out of the crack, it twitched its antennae grumpily for being awakened but it followed Cadmus nonetheless.

"I am so excited! I will get to live among the professors full time and possibly meet some new friends, possibly from other parts of Potamos as well! Aren't you excited about that?" Said the happy young nymph. Trix the shrimp only replied with a twitch of its antennae.

Both the boy and his pet got out of the door, greeted some of his neighbors and them locked down the door behind him. This was the house of his parents which Cadmus had been living most of the time after he had grown out of his dependency on his caretaker. Soon, he would be leaving it alone most of the time until perhaps during summer break when the college closed down. Making sure he had secured and dealt with everything, Cadmus put Trix over his shoulder. "Ready? Let's go!" Said the boy as he transformed.

A beautiful featherfin cichlid replaced his body, with little Trix still clinging on his back. Cadmus then swam off, heading toward the college.

(For this scene, everyone should be heading toward the college, those come from far away place were supposed to travel here by carriage either by carriers with large fish form, or manatees.)

Ace Cream Ace Cream ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon Nine of Swords Nine of Swords screaming armadillo screaming armadillo Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Once Once

Last edited:
Let it be known and openly acknowledged that Arias "Flame" Drayceon hated running. More than most things, actually. They hated it with a burning passion. Straight running was like eating root bark; unsatisfying, boring, and more effort than it was worth.

So they didn't run.

No, somehow, instead, they found themself leaping from the thickest seagrass they could find, grabbing (or sometimes, swinging) to the next, and repeating the process. Surprisingly, the bugs—a species they didn't care enough to know the name of, but they were small and angry—that had been chasing them for the past few hundred tail-lengths were not giving up, much to the irritation of the "mage".

Not a title Flame enjoyed calling themself. It made them seem smart, when they were not, in fact, smart. Quick to pick things up, maybe, but they'd never touched an actual mathbook in their life (though, they did hope to change that in the near-future). So they didn't call themself a mage. They didn't call themself anything, actually... but maybe that was because they just spent the past year-and-a-half rooting Teal's sorry ass out of whatever hole he'd gotten himself stuck into.

Moron.

Though, Flame would be lying if they said they weren't worried.

Sparing a glance over their shoulder, Flame huffed a cluster of bubbles upon realizing that the tiny demon bugs were still following them. Lovely. Amazing. Perfect.

They really hated using their other form. Too large and noticeable. But, it couldn't really be helped, since they weren't exactly fast as a nymph... that and if they wasted any more time, they were going to be late. Very. Late.

"Let's not delay the inevitable, shall we?" Flame muttered to themself, said mutterings probably the only reason their vocal chords hadn't atrophied at some point. A long breath filled their respiratory system with the oxygen it needed as they pushed themself to shift, gold eyes darkening slightly as a thick scale formed across them. With that one scale, the others burst forth, red and black crawling across their limbs even as their bones broke and reworked themselves to fit.

Vibrant colors bounced red light around them as they grew to their full size, a small, sleek red arowana replacing the nymph that had stood in its place not long before. The small bugs from earlier startled and flashed off into the seagrass beyond.

Well, the deed had already been done... they may as well get a move on.

Flame took a moment to reorient themself (it'd been a little while since they actually had to... well, use their fish form) before taking off in a direction much faster than they were going earlier. It didn't take long before they were gliding lazily over the colony of nymphs, the population being more than Arias was used to seeing. After all, they did wander quite a bit. There was a lot of blue, too. It kinda hurt their eyes, being used to the darkness of—first of all, night time—which it was decidedly not at that time, and second of all, dense forests of sea-grass.

The openness of the place was starting to make their scales itch.

Last edited:
Elliot

A large sturgeon hovered above the city, slowly approaching the Grand Mbuna Academy while carrying a small carriage below their belly. Elliot silently watched the crowd below. Right now she just want to enjoy the sight, this would be her new home anyway, at least for the next few years.

"Young Miss, we've arrived." A low booming voice could be heard inside the carriage as the sturgeon spoke.

"Good job, Lorei." Elliot stepped out of the carriage and find herself right in front of the academy's entrance. The sturgeon transformed back to their human form, revealing a tall bulky man in a butler suit. He pulled out several suitcases from the carriage and followed Elliot into the academy.

The day he left his life behind as a bard's apprentice and set out for his adventure was not the smoothest day he had hoped it would be. Nor did it contain the most heartfelt goodbyes. Of course, a few people was gracious enough to give him a warm parting. Albert, his longtime friend, seemed happy for him, at least. He genuinely seemed to feel envious, which, while it made him twinge with guilt, also made him surge with pride at what he's about to embark on. But when he told Elier, the castle bard he trained under, that he was planning to swim down by himself, Elier insisted - no, demanded - that he travel with someone. "This world have many, many toothed things," he had said. "I won't have you getting eaten by a stray predator halfway on the road." As always, the reputation of the place being one of the safest places to be was not enough to calm his unwarranted panic.

Which was a shame, since what he really wanted was a warm word of encouragement from his former mentor...

So he paid a few coins for the manatee carriage and, somehow, had fallen asleep, calmed by the rhythmic rise and fall of the ripple of waves made by manatee's fins. He could not remember the details of his dreams when he woke up, but felt the remnant of stirring emotions he felt in it; a twinge of worry, mixed with faint apprehension. The first thing he remembered was not the dream but the yesterday's events; how Elier's face paled as he described some of these "toothed things"...

He looked out the carriage window, and gasped. He saw what seemed like the gathering of entire manatees he had seen in his entire life, all carrying their load of carriages full of nymphs; there were nymphs carrying others too, and they were bigger than anyone he had ever seen. Other nymphs, standing at attention at various intervals, were plated with armor - guards, he assumed - holding their weapons on the ready. Each of the weapons was in a far better condition than any of the tools they had back in their small castle; the metals practically shone by itself.

The sight was enough to make his longing return; the longing to see the wider world, beyond the castle walls he had stayed in for three years.

1607570129259.png
Keelester
interaction: none​
Darting between the various larger fish forms and manatees was a fairly large fish form though clearly one that should not have been swimming around such dangerous waters. Of course, nymph hadn’t actually considered the possibility of some larger predators eating them, of course not! why wouldn't it be perfectly fine? at least that was the thoughts going through Keelester's mind at this point. though the real reason he'd been told to do so was the best way to get to Grand Mbuna, and now seeing it... well it was just amazing to the more country living nymph SOO COOL. eventually, he'd find a place to transform back into his nymph form, a glorious homemade cape flapping behind the stary eyed boy along with a surprisingly striking red shirt and pants combo making him stand out amongst the crowd. this was gonna be great.

1607399743174-png.817213
Adonis Frazier

A manatee drifted above the city with a series of interconnected carriages trailing behind it, casting a large shadow over its citizens. The beast of burden slowly came to a stop, and the doors of the cars were flung open. Adonis stepped out of the ‘train’, dragging a suitcase behind him. Despite the fact that he’d come using a mean public transportation, the nymph was in a surprisingly good mood. When he was purchasing his ticket, Adonis had managed to get himself a discount on his first-class seat – which was why he’d upgraded to it in the first place – with a flurry of growth magic and his license as a scientist. Thinking back, he was sure that the girl who’d been selling the tickets had mistaken him for an actual mage and wasn’t actually supposed to give the deal, but it wasn’t his fault if the company’s clerk made a mistake, and he wasn’t going to lose any sleep over it. If anything, he’d gain some since he didn’t have to share a cabin with a total stranger.

Even as Adonis started to sink, he ignored his instincts, violet eyes sweeping across the city below him. Spires of twisting metal reached upward from the ocean floor, like shark teeth, and hazy figures flowed around them. To someone from the country, all cities may look the same, but to him, the difference was as clear as day. With how close his hometown was to the abyss, the safety standards there were much higher and the buildings sturdier, lacking the same twisting elegance. Did they even have safety bunkers here?

His descent continued to gain speed, until the nymph was uncomfortable holding off his transformation. Adonis reached inside of himself and tapped into the warmth hovering there, graceful bones elongating as his skin gave way to scales. A sleek Oscar took his place, the fish’s scales a dark black mottled with a passionate red. Round, orange eyes blinked open, and the fish took off in the direction of Grand Mbuna college.

Last edited:
With so many new sights and sounds bombarding her senses, it was quite frankly a miracle that a certain country flatfish managed to not get turned around in the bustling city. Not that she would have minded of course, but mom had been pretty adamant about being on time. Speeding along beneath the shadow of a manatee Isabelle did her best to both stay on course and not take out any unfortunate nymph in her path. It would take a depressingly long time before she realized simply swimming above the tiny nymphs would make her life a lot easier. Sadly, by then the Grand Mbuna was already in sight and somehow the constant awe she had been stuck in seemed miniscule to what she experienced at that moment. So incredible was the sight that she nearly plowed through an innocent bystander in her amazement, lucky for them that Isabelle managed to twist her form sideways and narrowly avoid quite the oopsie on the very first day. Although she only slightly slowed her pace, she did yell out an apology.

Cadmus swam gleefully through the crowd as he headed straight toward the college. So fast that his joy caused Trix to hold on tightly to not get swept away by the current. The young nymph bumped into several people, in which he left his apologies along his trail.

However, one bump had made him into a stop and bounced to the floor, an intentional interception... Cadmus transformed back to his nymph form as he got up and looked forward. His joyful smile and eagerness faded from his face, turning into anxiety.

“Oh no...” Said the boy.

“Well, well, well! Isn’t this Cadmus Finn, our lovely friend.” Spoke a young male nymph the same age as Cadmus, but far taller and more muscular. Beside him stood a pair of other young nymphs. They all grinned widely looking at Cadmus.

“What do you want, Lancis?” Cadmus said, his faced began to heat up as he looked at the group in front of him, nervously.

“Just stop to say hello, you know since we both are going to the same college... Maybe we could head there together? What do you say?” Said and smirked Lancis while his companions chuckled.

“Thanks for your offering, but I think I can head there fine with just me and Trix.” Replied Cadmus as he got up and gathered his fallen belongings.

“Now, don’t refuse my good will now, Finny boy. I just want to connect with you, that’s all!” Said Lancis as he used one of his foot to punted away one of Cadmus’s reed pen as he was about to pick it up.

Suddenly, Lancis noticed something within Cadmus’s belongings. “Say, nice notebook there. Is it new?” Asked the boy. “Yeah, why?” Cadmus replied harshly. “Well, unfortunately for me, I happened to ruin one of my notebook, you know? Just ‘taught’ this one dude with it a bit too harsh a moment ago...” Lancis said and brought out a notebook, a very mangled one as if he just used it to beat up against something. “Would be nice if we could... trade!” Said Lancis

Cadmus’s eyes widened. “No way, this was given to me by Headmaster Vyraz! It means so much to me!” The boy denied.

Lancis laughed loudly, so as his companions beside him. “Emotionally attached eh? Too bad, I don’t take no as answer... Krel, Aster! Proceed the ‘trade’!”

The two companions of Lancis began to close in on Cadmus, chuckling as they looked at him like a heron to a frog.

“No! Get away from me, you brutes!” Cadmus shouted at them, picked up his last item. However, his word was futile and the two bullies only approached him closer.

Desperate to get away from them, Cadmus transformed once more. “Hang on tight, Trix!” He said to his pet shrimp and then swam in a rapid circle. Thick viel of sand erupted from the ground and shrouded around his body. The three other nymphs blocked their face from the swirling sand... Just to find Cadmus swam further away.

“Wow, I can’t believe we fell for his trick again.” The thinner bully whose name is Krel spoke while the bigger one names Aster nodded in agreement. “Don’t just stand there, you idiots! After him!” Lancis shouted and hit both of his companions with the mangled notebook. The three transformed, Krel and Aster became a Freshwater Garfish and a Black Buffalo respectively, while Lancis became a shiny, Black Sharkminnow. The three started chasing the terrified Featherfin Cichlid.

——————

Cadmus eventually arrived at the gate of the college. The place was crowded with numerous young nymphs that were either coming to enroll for their study or the older students returning after a long break. The archway of the entrance was made entirely of marble. It was contructed and carved beautifully, with statues of various aquatic animal lining the archway and the pillar.

Cadmus however didn’t seem to marvel over the beauty of the place, as he had seen them countless time already... And also there was something else in his mind.

“Cadmus! Glad to see you here!” A voice called him from behind. Cadmus turned and faced an older nymph with tall and firmed stature and a kind smile, however his smile faded into a gasp as he saw Cadmus’s face. “Good morning, Professor Arden...” Cadmus spoke, tried to make a smile. “Cadmus, what happened to your face?! Why are you...?” Asked the professor as he looked at Cadmus’s new blackeye and bruises on his face. “I... Swam into a little obstracle on the way here, sir...” Replied the boy.

“Was it Lancis again?!” Prof. Arden asked.

“Yeah...” Replied Cadmus.

“That son of a...” Arden mummbled with anger but he made a long sigh in the end. “Sorry about that boy, Lancis got all the power from his father, the General... One of the most powerful noble in Grand Mbuna... Barely anyone can touch him and his family... But rest assured, we have all the power to prevent it to happen again here in the college.” The professor said and touched Cadmus’s shoulder.

“It’s alright, professor... I should have avoided him better... I was overwhelmed with joy that I am about to become a college student, I didn’t look where I was going...” Said Cadmus.
Arden looked sadly at the boy before him and nodded slowly. This wasn’t the first time they had this conversation. “Fine, but if Lancis and his goons go after you inside the college area... Just tell me alright?”

Cadmus nodded... Suddenly, there was an announcement.

“Attention, Attention! Every new students please gather up right now at the Gator Square for accepting ceremony and dormitory sorting. Repeat, Every new students please gather up right now at the Gator Square for accepting ceremony and dormitory sorting.”

“Time to go now, Cadmus. See you later!”
Arden said and tapped on the boy’s shoulder. “See you later, professor!” Cadmus replied and waved good bye as the professor walked away. He then headed toward Gator Square.

——————

Gator Square is a large, open space that is used for the center of any important activity of the college. It’s named after a huge alligator skeleton that mounted over the entire square. It was the last alligator that used to live and was slain in Northern Lake, to ensure the safety of the metropolis during the time it was newly formed.

Young nymphs ready to join and become new students gathered in large numbers, waiting for the ceremony to proceed, right before a stage, which place directly below the alligator’s rib cage.

Ace Cream Ace Cream ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon Nine of Swords Nine of Swords screaming armadillo screaming armadillo Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Once Once

Last edited:
Admittedly, Flame was eaves-dropping. It may have just been a habit by then; keeping to a shadowed area and listening in to whatever they liked. It was borne of caution, but grew to foster convenience, as it was easier to prepare if they knew what was going on... even if they weren't supposed to know. So, when they heard cocky, annoyingly narcissistic voices, they slowed their swim, pausing just above to listen.

“Say, nice notebook there. Is it new?” The larger one, voice grating on Flame's currently nonexistent ears drawled. The red-haired nymph may not have been around other people for weeks, but they could still see the massive, blaring "threat" sign all-but blaring above his head.

“Yeah, why?” The smaller one was less of a threat; probably having been approached by the other two, instead of the inverse.

“Well, unfortunately for me, I happened to ruin one of my notebook, you know? Just ‘taught’ this one dude with it a bit too harsh a moment ago... Would be nice if we could... trade!” Oh. Oh, he's one of those. If Flame could snort as a fish, they would. That book had obviously been slammed against something hard.

“No way, this was given to me by Headmaster Vyraz! It means so much to me!” Emotional attachment to an object. Lovely. Flame supposed they couldn't blame the other nymph, though, since he wasn't raised in the environment they were.

“Emotionally attached eh? Too bad, I don’t take no as answer... Krel, Aster! Proceed the ‘trade’!” And here we go. Flame briefly debated intervening, but kicked that thought to the curb, beginning to swim away.

“No! Get away from me, you brutes! Hang on tight, Trix!”

They didn't see what happened, but heard a lot of coughing and shouting to follow the nymph, who, Flame assumed by the small fish swimming with a blue dot clinging to their back like a croc was on their tail, had shifted.

Okay, maybe they could have a little bit of fun with those three. They were fairly big fish; they'd be fine.

Flame swam carefully above the three, who had been booking it, but had paused to look around for the smaller fish. As soon as they were above the trio, right in the middle, the arowana took a long breath through their gills... and dropped.

They dropped fast, having banished their fish form back to whence it came. Scales sunk back into skin, bones cracked back into place, and gravity took hold of them again, sinking its claws into them and dragging them down, faster and faster until they were purely an interruption in the water that warped the flow. And while nymphs in their biped forms may not be affected by the current of water, their fish forms were.

Arias shot past the three, mini riptide yanking the gaggle of morons with them with startled shouts of offense.

"Quick thing," Flame yelled over the water, specifically at the large black-brown fish. "If you can't respect it, you shouldn't have it!"

When the sand got a little too close for comfort, they shifted back into their fish-form, regaining the feeling of weightlessness and the ability to fight the current, red fins flashing mockingly in the dim water.

Maybe it was a bit much.

Maybe it wasn't.

They didn't care either way, swimming at a decent-but-not-rushed pace toward the college.

((Int: AncientBird AncientBird (kinda) [Trio of bullies]))

Elliot

Elliot was examining the school's garden when the announcement occured. Her ears perked up when she heard the word Gator Square and she looked up to her butler.

"Lorei, you can hand my luggages to the school staff, your task is finished now and I grant you free time for the rest of the day. Just make sure to be back to my father before sunset." She said in a commanding tone but the butler had a wide grin as he bowed respectfully.

"Right away, Young Miss. I'm grateful for your generousity." He then walked away while humming merrily about what kind of present he should buy for his wife. Elliot couldn't help but smirk at his behavior.

After following the stream of new students and arriving at the mentioned Gator Square, Elliot marveled at the sight of the gator rib. Wonderful sight, a display of power and a monument to inspire courage. They also have some like this back in the Sapphire Lake, a lot of creatures from the abyss lack skeleton though so they also use some of the other parts.

1607399743174-png.817213
Adonis Frazier

Adonis arrived at the gateway that barred the rest of the college off to the students with minutes to spare. The regal archway towered over the masses; faint etchings visible even to the nymph that was stationed towards the back of the shoal. Marble guards stood at both sides; their bodies sculpted with a delicate but confident hand that pointed towards their origin -- fine pieces created by masters.

His attention was drawn to one of the many carriages stationed by the entrance of the academy which had a familiar crest adorned on its body. Violet traced the graceful filigree’s outline before shifting over to glance at the white-haired girl as she stepped out. Honestly, most of the second-generation nobility (or anything past that) was annoying. People said that power corrupted the mind, and they were the embodiment of that.

Hearing the announcement, Adonis realized that the welcoming ceremony was finally starting. It seemed like there was a time where they could drop off their luggage built into the schedule too which made him hum with pleasure. And here he was thinking that he’d have to make time.

Following the crowd to Gator Square, he found himself next to a certain cape bearing individual. “Are you a new student too?” Adonis asked, a faint Sapphire-Lake accent discernable in his words. The nymph didn't know his way around the campus and was hoping to secure himself a guide so that he didn't have to rely on following the crowd. Hearing snippets of conversation around him about the skeleton mounted over the square, his eyes flickered upward to stare at the bones he’d seen on his way over, the purple orbs gleaming with a sudden passion.

Tags: Keelester ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 )
Mentions: Elliot (@/Ace Cream)

When he finally arrived at Grand Mbuna, Arlewen found his way easily by following the crowd, which seemed to be a current of its own. The new arrivals bustled and chattered as they walked closer to the white mound in the distance. Could that be what he think it is?

As he walked and pushed by the crowd closer and closer, he knew with more certainty that his guess was correct. Above him drapes of bones once belonging to the Gator hung above him, a sign of greatness that could be achieved here; Arl was familiar with the tale of how it went down, but to see its proof hanging above his head was a whole another experience. Merely thinking about what it would have took to slay that thing sent a jolt of excitement throughout his whole body.

He looked around. It seemed like the fanfare was yet to begin; everybody seemed to be waiting. As he waited with them he slid his hand into his bag and nervously thumbed through the pages of Book of Ancients, his mentor's gift to him. The book seemed to be thumping too, in rhythm with his heart, although he knew such things were impossible, far past the border of reason.

Having ditched her fish form for one more suited for crowds, Isabelle just barely managed to filter into the rear of the procession heading toward the Square. Like most, she had heard of what awaited there and her mounting excitement had her standing on tiptoes to catch a glimpse over the taller nymphs. Then, when the massive gleaming skeleton came into view, she slowed to a near crawl in open mouthed childlike wonder much to the annoyance of those forced to go around her. To think such creatures could ever exist! And that there were nymphs capable of besting them!

Eventually, after bumping into one or three nymphs, she tore her attention away from the display overhead and to where she was going. Amongst the waiting crowd she did what she did best and started chatting with the nearest person.

1607570129259.png

Keelester
Interaction: Once Once

Keelester was fairly excited when the announcement to meet at the square or whatever keelester opted to just follow the other young nymph getting distracted every now and then just to awe and the great skeleton of the alligator he‘d never seen anything like it. His attention was quickly ripped away by someone asking if he was new. Flicking around with a flourish of his cape behind him. “Oh yes I most certainly am new here name’s keelester how bout yourself?l keel quickly asked his new acquaintance. A fair deal of curiosity and excitement in his voice. Clearly he was excited to meet new people

Cadmus arrived at the Gator Square along with the crowd of new students, waiting for the welcome ceremony to begin. The pain and frustration after encountering with Lancis and his goons had started to fade away, while the excitement for the ceremony returned. Cadmus walked through the crowd toward the front, close to the stage. His eyes looked around, seeking for a glimpse of someone he longed to see.

Suddenly, a group of various fish arrived from behind the stage. They swam around, flashing their shiny scales and coloration and soon settled on the stage, each transformed back to their nymph form. These were the professors of the college, some Cadmus know, some not and some he's specially fond of. Professor Arden was among them. His form of a Piraputanga with its bright orange tail glided into the scene and landed as his nymph self. The professor noticed Cadmus among the crowd and smiled at him, followed by a nod.

Cadmus smiled back. Professor Arden had been close to him since he was a little child. He has taught Cadmus many things and always acted like a watchful and protective uncle. He has been definitely one of the people the boy wished to spend more time with once he became an official student of the college.

Suddenly, Cadmus's eyes caught something and turned his attention from Arden. A Congo Tetra, with brilliant and fabulous color arrived on the scene. It swam to the center of the stage and then transformed, turning into a middle-age nymph wearing a long lobe. It was him, Cadmus's caretaker... Headmaster Vyraz.

The headmaster seemed serious but nonetheless, eager to meet the new students that would be joining the college. He stepped toward the podium.

"Greeting, sons and daughters of Potamos." Spoke the headmaster. "Welcome to Grand Mbuna College of Magic and Expertise. We are glad that you have come to join us today, to learn and improve your skill, to carry on the will of Leviathan and to become one... As family. Here you will be able to expand your skill and interest in many subjects and knowledge, so that you may use them to elevate yourself, whether it be for your own living or to serve your community. I wish every of you a good luck and be able to earn what you hope to get from studying here."

"Let's move on to our next activity. Every new students will be sorted and assigned into groups, which you will be sharing your life with throughout your education here. Each group will be assign to a professor, which will be your main adviser, counseling for your study plan or other matters about your living here in the college. Without further ado... Let's us begin the sorting."

Just as the headmaster declared, a professor came up to him with a large scroll, likely containing all the name of the new students that had sent in their resume. Headmaster Vyraz then transformed and hovered over the opened scroll. Suddenly, a large beam of light shone from above and right into the scroll, brightened the atmosphere around the entire square. Names of sorted students began to show up in the air, indicating of who belongs in which group. Cadmus gazed in awe. He has known the headmaster for a long time and was well aware that he is a very powerful sun mage, but seeing him perform such magic was such a rare sight to behold and it always amaze him nonetheless.

Soon, Cadmus's name showed up along with those that would be in the same group as him.

Cadmus Finn

Arii Drayceon
Arlewen Finick
Elliot Reeds
Isabelle Winters
Keelester Nori
Adonis Frazier

And to his delight, the adviser of the group was shown to be none other than Ivern Arden, his favorite professor...

Soon, the light faded out and the scroll was closed as all the students were sorted into the groups. "You may all now gather in your own group. Your adviser will lecture you about the rules and how the system here works, as well as showing you around. I hope you all have a delightful day, enjoy your new friends and hospitality we could offer you." Spoke the headmaster as he finished the welcome ceremony.

Cadmus quickly headed for his new adviser, with a big smile on his face. "Professor! I'm so glad I get to stick with you!" Said the boy cheerfully as he arrived next to the older nymph. "I couldn't believe I get to be your adviser too, little Finn." Said Prof. Arden as he smiled and ruffled the boy's hair. Cadmus then turned to look for the headmaster, hoping to get to greet his caretaker after several days of his absence. However, Headmaster Vyraz could be seen heading away.

"Where is he going?... Won't he at least greet me personally?..." Asked Cadmus as he watched the congo tetra swam away. "Headmaster still got his duty filled up tediously, Little Finn... Perhaps later tonight, you could see him at his office." Said Arden as he laid his hand on the boy's shoulder. Cadmus felt a bit upset, still he believed that the headmaster has a reasonable excuse to be so elusive to him lately. The boy shook off his disappointment and waited for other groups members to arrive.

Ace Cream Ace Cream ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon Nine of Swords Nine of Swords screaming armadillo screaming armadillo Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Once Once

Flame all-but skidded into what they assumed the meeting room was, rope-dart floating in the water as they retied the knot preventing it from strangling them with nimble fingers. Many-a-time they almost slammed into someone, the crowd flowing in a jerky way they were unused to as people spotted acquaintances and such and decided the middle of the path was a good place to stop and say "hi".

"Seas of fucking algae—" They muttered, the words coming out rapid, unnatural clicking that had no place in the ocean. By the time they got there, there were nymphs on the stage and names on a massive scroll of paper. Their name was up there, along with several others, but it meant absolutely nothing to Flame besides that they got in (something they already knew). They were guided by some staff member over to the small boy they saw earlier, as well as an adult.

Arias was just finishing rewrapping their scarf around their neck, surreptitiously tucking the sharp ends under the folds as they paused just outside of the normal comfortable speaking distance for normal people.

For Flame, it was too close for comfort.

"I'm... supposed to be here, yeah..?" They asked, shifting from foot to foot and picking at a scale that materialized on their arm. "I'm Drayceon, by the way." Their voice was some odd mix between a soft mutter and an alligator growl, carrying a strange hiss-like undertone.

Considering they didn't know anyone's name... well, they couldn't be too sure.

Elliot

Elliot's sightseeing of the Gator's remain ended when the ceremony began. After the professors arrived the headmaster of the school gave a short speech to welcome all the students and Elliot listened to it carefully. So she would have a team for the rest if her school years, huh. That's an interesting system. She watched intensely to the names displayed by the headmaster's and look for her group. She didn't know any of her teammates' appearance but at least she knew how Prof. Arden look, and that was enough.

She approached the professor, who was surrounded by several other students, probably her supposed teammates. She gave the prof a polite bow and then glanced at the other students before introducing herself.

"Elliot Reeds. Hope we can work smoothly together."

1607399743174-png.817213
Adonis Frazier

Violet orbs fixated on the skeleton mounted above the square. They followed the dip of the spine, lingering over the damaged hind-leg. Clearly, the beast hadn’t gone down without a fight. But – ignoring the scars that had been left on the bone by the life-and-death struggle – the trophy was in pristine condition and was absent of any sort of growth. Cleaning them must have been high up on the janitors’ list of priorities if they were still that perfect shade of yellow. Maybe he’d have to ask them about it later since taking care of them could be a pain but having to pay exuberant fees was even more so.

Hearing Keelester’s reply, the researcher turned back towards the blond-haired nymph. “I’m Adonis. So, Keelester, are you into archery?” His gaze was on the bow and quiver that had been slung over the student’s shoulder. His own weapon had been packed into his suitcase where it lay, propped up by a few books and journals that he had been hoping to read on the carriage ride. Never let it be said that he didn’t know how to strike up a conversation. It was just that, most of the time, he couldn’t be bothered to do so.

Unfortunately, before anything could come of his question, a procession of fish appeared from behind the stage – the faculty – which signaled the start of the welcoming ceremony. Adonis listened attentively to the headmaster as he gave speech before a few questions retaining to their sorting system. Namely things pertaining to the dormitories such as if they would be shared with their groupmates. But his curious thoughts came to a sudden stop at the show of sun magic, light shining down from above to display series of names.

When his appeared, the second thing he noticed – because, obviously, finding his own name took precedence over everything else – was that a certain teen’s name was located above his own. The third was that his noble tenants’ daughter was in his group as well.

As the lights dimmed, Adonis turned towards the taller student with an amused smile. “Well, let’s go find this Ivern Arden since we happen to be in the same class.” The light-haired male eventually found their professor, finding a merry little group congregating around him in a convoluted circle -- truthfully, it could be barely called that how far scarf-wearing figure was from the rest of them. Giving a slight nod when he heard their names, the mage confirmed that they’d found the right teacher – thankfully, Keelester had been able to help him with that. “I’m Adonis. Adonis Frazier.”

Tags: Everyone, Specifically Keelester
Mentions:

Conversation ended once the ceremony began, with the professors' grand entrances absorbing Isabelle's attention as a giddiness built in her. That sensation shifted into visible awe at the incredible display of sun magic by the headmaster. It was a show Isabelle would have happily enjoyed for much longer had her eyes not incidentally landed upon her name and reminded her of the display's ultimate intention. Quickly scanning over the other names she was a little disappointed to see none she knew, but there was also a tinge of excitement at meeting new folk so it all balanced out in her books.

After asking around she was pointed in the right direction and made her way over to a growing group of nymph. Apparently she had arrived just in time for introductions, and piggybacking off the violet-eyed man’s she also offered a chipper greeting, “Hallo! Name’s Isabelle, happy to meet’cha!”

As the scroll was opened and the light shot up into the sky, each of their names shone on the sea above, glistening as if they were etched there with glowing ink. Arl found his name easily. So his advisor will be Ivern Arden, whoever he might turn out to be. He patiently waited for instructions on where he should now go to, but without further ado the letters faded, the lights dimmed to its natural state, they were told to gather into their own group, and that's exactly what happened - as if they knew exactly who were who. Panicked, Arlewen rushed after the headmaster without thinking, but he slipped away before he could catch him.

Disoriented, he circled around each group, hoping to hear a name he had seen were sorted with him. Each of them were already introducing themselves, the plaza abuzz with voices. He morphed into his tiny Tetra form and zipped around hurriedly, shifting through each conversation until, after what seemed like eternity, he heard, "... name's Isabelle, happy to meet'cha!" That's one of the names of my school-mates! Immediately, he transformed back into a nymph and pushed himself into the group, smiled brilliantly without missing a single beat, and said, "Hi! Sorry I'm late, I'm Arlewen, call me Arl!"

1607570129259.png

Keelester
Interaction: Once Once (directly) (oh and everyone else)​
"well great to meet ya then adonis, and yeah biiiig fan of archery" keelester replied cheerfully and with abundant excitement practically hopping up and down it was clear adonis had run into someone who would probably. he would have tried to continue this fun little conversation it seemed as if the proceeding to get them all orientated had started nice! listening intently the speech was the usual guff and the like that reminded him of the elders back home... boring... however they quickly got to the far more interesting part, who was gonna be group together and luckily it seemed that both himself and his new acquaintance were staying together nice. "yeah sounds good let's go find this professor, that seems about right yeah?" keelester pointed at the little gathering heading over there himself and just poking his head into this situation. "hey everyone name's keelester we are all gonna be together so yeah should be fun right?" keelester tried to strike up a conversation with everyone in his usual sort of way.

Cadmus and Prof. Arden didn't have to wait for long for the rest of the group to arrive. Cadmus was quite excited to see who he would group up with. Not so long, several youths began to arrive, declaring their names and greeted the two. The group had a total members of seven, including Cadmus himself.

"Hello, everyone! My name is Cadmus, Cadmus Finn... I look forward to our journey in this college life together!" Cadmus introduced himself. "...And oh, this is my best pal, Trix! Say hello to our new friends, Trix!" Cadmus said and stroked his blue shrimp, who was perching on his shoulder. Trix didn't do anything but waving its antennae like it always does.

Prof. Arden walked forward to greeted the new students next. "Greeting students. I am Professor Ivern Arden, First Magus of the Organism. I'm pleased to welcome you all into our college and into my supervision. Your well-being and education throughout your college year will be my concern from now on, so feel free to ask me anything." Said the professor. Arden gave out a warm smile and turned around. "Most of you may not be familiar with this place... I will show you around, come swim with me."

Arden then shifted into his piraputanga form and swam off. "I take that you all are not from around here, right? Come on, you guys are going to love this place!" Cadmus happily spoke to his new group mates before transforming and following his professor.

Elliot

Elliot glared sharply at every incoming students. She didn't mean to intimidate or anything, but she's not used to be placed in such varied group like this so she unconsciously trying to act tough. One of the student brought a cute shrimp with him though so Elliot aporoach the shrimp to examine it closer.

"I see, so it's allowed to bring a pet here." She commented while resisting the urge to pet Trix.

She transformed into her rope fish form, her elongated body spin and twist as she stretched up her fish form briefly before following the professor.

"I am from Sapphire Lake, I like how bright this place can be." She remarked. Since her mansion was located not too far from the abyss it was even deeper than most part of the Salphire Lake, making her place looks rather gloomy. Compared to that, Grand Mbuna was much more beautiful, she can admit that.

Arias was not pleased. Specifically, with whoever it was that kept glaring at people. "Elliot", they believed the name was. Strange name, in Flame's opinion, but they couldn't say much, considering they were fairly sure most didn't name their children after eye or scale color.

Oooh, if only Teal could see them now.

Actually, knowing him, he probably could. The chances of this entire search being useless and the older nymph just stalking them to see what they'd do was up in the high "probably"s. "Damn it, Teal, if you're following me, I'm going to throttle you when I find you again." Flame all-but hissed the "words" out in a burst of clicking and bubbles, rolling their eyes hard enough that they thought they heard a crack.

Flame tilted their head with a slight grumble, hanging back as a few others shifted forms smoothly and took off. They didn't like swimming in crowded places; their arowana form was bright, and that usually meant danger, since they were a bright-red beacon. That all-but screamed "eat me". Even though they'd had it firmly hammered in that they must follow higher-up's orders, they weren't an idiot... normally. So, they watched where the "professor" was going, gold eyes flickering over the scenery absently as well.

It was a nice place. Bright, but nice.

Ah, lovely. He was heading up. Amazing.

Maybe if they stayed back for a little bit, they could get away with not being surrounded by others, at least. That was also usually a death-sentence; currents made by others' fins were little bastards.

Arlewen transformed into his neon tetra form and swam after the professor, keeping close behind his tail. He wanted to ask the professor where they were going, and had a hard time bottling his excitement. He simply could not wait to see what happened next. It seemed that every new corner of the place contained adventures, and mystery- both of which he was going to explore them all, and write songs of them, and sing the tales in different lakes and waters!

The place illuminated Arl and those around him, as if it was sending its own blessings in its light. This was going to be a wonderful journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back