• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

-Eastern side -
“Cascata ‘dell Oceano “​

Isa hummed for a quiet moment, staring at Moss as if he was measuring the offer.

”I’ll think about it.” He said, weary. “In exchange of your offer, I’ll teach you more about my bike and help ya design a map for your machine. You’re gonna need it if ya want to present it to this person you’re meeting up with. Same with helping ya fight too - BUT-!”

He emphasized. “You need to tell your friends. I can come with, if you want, to help explain this odd exchange. Though I don’t know if it’ll help your case, but I rather they be aware of how serious you are with this path you have chosen . . . Not if you honestly believe this will help guide you to home.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Eastern Side -
" Cascata dell’ Oceano "

Moss' teal eyes lit up with energy when Isa said he'll teach him more about the bike, then it halted, and the light stumbled around as his face closed like a door. "Erm . . ." Moss hesitated. "We don't have to tell my friends." he avoided looking at Isa's eyes. " I can come and go as I please, I don't need anyone's permission . . . They know that I am serious. It's . . . All the yelling and fighting . . . It's not something I want people to see. I've had enough of people looking at me like I'm the bad guy, and I don't want someone I just met to look at me that way too. Just . . . please stay out of my problem with them . . . please." There was a shame Moss wanted to hide behind his eyes.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Eastern side -

“Hey now . . .” Isa’s tone softened to one of comfort, a little confused of the sudden confession.

“I know you’re a good person. Yea, okay. You made mistakes, but who hasn’t? And everyone else? Well, they can go suck on a clam that bites their tongue, for all I care . . . Look, I only said that because I want to make sure your friends don’t believe otherwise. I want them to believe you, even when they are drunk. So Tybalt doesn’t have an excuse to jump into the ocean again.”

Moss can feel a gloved hand gingerly but firmly squeeze his shoulder, Isa leaning in to have a good look at him in the eyes. Revealing pure and unadulterated support swimming in his indigo blues. “I won’t push you to tell them. If you feel that intimidated, then I won’t. I am a stranger, after all. I don’t have any sort of ‘friend rights‘ to push. Okay? But don’t ever believe that I will listen to the masses and their running mouths only to judge you for misinformation.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Eastern Side -
" Cascata dell’ Oceano "

Moss' teal eyes watered with emotion. "Really?" he squeaked, touched beyond the moon.

- Eastern side -

Isa gave him that same warm and happy smile that he saw yesterday on the boat as he nodded.

”Yes, really. I mean-“ He snorted, twisting his mouth into a self satisfied smirk. “There was a merman who warned to stay away from you yesterday and I didn’t. I came looking for you. So you have nothing to fear —- at least with this issue, you have nothing to fear.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Eastern Side -
" Cascata dell’ Oceano "

Isa was suddenly gathered up in a hug. "O, Isa, filos mou!" Moss squeezed his ribs tight. " ‘S’ Oreos’!" he grinned, and kissed him on the cheek and the other cheek. "You are the sweetest cinnamon bun man I have met this southwestern side of Leor! I thought you demon hunters were all shadowed hooded figures of gloom and doom, but you are a most kind luprisca, with a soul as soft as a sea bunny, you puppy luprisca, you." he ruffled his hair, then let go, a whirlwind of energy.

"Until our journey comes to a crossroads, filos mou, I shall help you with your search for your adoptive uncle too." he announced, standing, hands on his hips and looking at Isa as though he had a breath of fresh air. "Whatever your reason for wanting him back, I won't judge you either!"

Katsuya Katsuya

-Eastern side -

He yelped when Moss suddenly hugged him, coughing silently when he squeezed him tightly. Around. His. Ribs. Ribs that Moss can count by his arms, now that he’s hugged the redhead. Isa wiggles in the hug before slumping, his pale face turning redder and redder after those cheek kisses. “I-I a-am not-!” He coughed.

”I’m not a sweet-!”

Then Isa dropped to his side when Moss finally let’s him go, gasping in relief before curling up a bit. Pillowing his face within the covers of his arms as he felt Moss ruffle his hair. Dear Loki, he hated the fluff. It makes him feel . . . Fluffy and he is no fluff. The redhead peeked out from his arm nest and messy hair to stare at the energized Moss. Frowning.

”I want to kill my uncle, Moss.” He said bluntly. Just waiting to see Moss’ reaction from his reason.

Zer0 Zer0

- Eastern Side -
" Cascata dell’ Oceano "

Moss' grin froze on his face. It became blank. He could see he was carefully thinking about what to say. He sat back down in front of him. "That is shocking." he said gently. "I don't know why you want to do that, and I don't need to know since it is a private matter. I won't help you kill your uncle, Isa, but I mean to help you find him still. That I am willing to be part of, if it means I can travel with you and gather information about your bike."

He looked into his indigo eyes. Here was someone who was after a man who wronged him, and here was Moss trying to right a wrong he did. He didn't know what to say. He didn't know what his uncle did, but if he was as bad as what Moss did, well, he didn't know how to judge his uncle, because it would mean judging himself. He didn't want to die. He may deserve it. He didn't know if his uncle is the same, but being on the side of the man who wronged Isa seemed like a bad idea. He had no loyalty to this kind stranger, but he wasn't going to go back on his word. Not when the well being of his three friends, the only family he has left in the world, was at stake.

Moss broke his silence with a kind smile. "Is that alright with you, Isa?"

Katsuya Katsuya

-Eastern side-

Isa stared at Moss, sitting up right. His eyes hardened, distrustful with what’s being said. It was like talking to a growling scarred animal that’s baring it’s teeth, what with how the redhead is staring at Moss and not responding to what he is saying.

When he smiled, however, the merman can see that Isa slowly relaxed. Weary, but accepting. “I . . . Yea. I’m alright with that.” The motorist said before he quickly pull up his hood to hopefully cover his face; hints of pink covered his cheeks.

”Thank you . . . I appreciate the help.” He sounded grateful and a bit relieved to receive help.

Zer0 Zer0

- Eastern Side -
" Cascata dell’ Oceano "

Moss looked a little scared. This dude was a demon hunter. Who knows what he's gonna do to him if he pissed him off. Oh gosh, and he just hugged him, maybe he shouldn't do that anymore, Isa had looked uncomfortably red. And then Isa relaxed, covering his face with his hood. Oh, so he liked the help.

"You're welcome, filos mou." grinned Moss.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Eastern side -

Isa pouted, face red again from embarrassment. “What is a fi-philos muu? I’m not fluffy!”

Zer0 Zer0

- Eastern Side -
" Cascata dell’ Oceano "

"Filos mou." corrected Moss, emphasizing the Nazja accent. "It means: my friend in Nazja. " he smiled, lying back down on the sand with a second fish ka bob. "And you are!" He insisted with dramatic seriousness, "You are the fluffiest cinnamon bun in all of Cascata dell’ Oceano!" he waved a hand in declaration to the sky, grinning at Isa. "And you are a shy guy, huh?" he smirked. "Our travels are going to be fun~" he sniggered with the promise of so much tease. So much.

Katsuya Katsuya

Jeanne Du Valliant
Slave Auction

"2 Alc--" Orgeat's words were drowned out by the higher bids that men gave for the beautiful woman. Orgeat had no true feelings, except those of sympathy to see a woman chained. Yet, she knew she wasn't in the position to take risks. She had to only hope she would cross paths with her once more, and perhaps... perhaps she can do something about that.

Sighing, she looked for other slaves. Her eyes wandering as she looked at the options.

Zer0 Zer0

- Slave Auction -
"Nightpost"

There was one that caught Orgeat's attention: dark hair, down slanting eyes, shorter than the other male slaves, but defiant. The ransom broker hauled him forward with other slaves, caught by pirates in the northern sea, the rare orientals from Ramuh's rest. They knew how to speak a little common, and were seasoned sailors. He told the crowd not to look down on them for their height, the Orientals from Ramuh were rumored to be descended from dragons, and these slaves definitely had the strength and honor to back it up. "They cannot tell lies! And do not break oaths!"

It was with much haggling, that the ransom broker agreed to make a deal for Orgeat. If she could do him a favor, the defiant looking oriental was hers for the meager trade she offered earlier.

"I got some competition, see, that needs some, uh . . . persuasion." said the ransom broker to her on the side after all the bidding was done and the slaves that didn't get sold --- mostly the elderly and children who got separated from their family who got bought. "His name's Porter Brees, and he holds his auction at Flameguard Keep. He's got a ship where he keeps his captured slaves docked east four days away from Flameguard in Innsmouth Village by the sea. He transports them through the river from the village to the keep. If you could . . . say . . . cause an accident. Set those slaves free. That would divert a lot of his business to me. What do you say? I'll give you two weeks to do it, by the end of that time, I'll be in Flameguard myself to meet ya."

CoconutLeaves CoconutLeaves

- And so It Begins -
"13 Days Later "
+26 Alchemical to Isa for entertaining customers in the Inn for 13 days.
+26 Alchemical to Moss for working as a chef ina beach side food stall for 13 days.

"So, I sit here," Moss pointed at the leather seat of Isa's bike, aprehensively, "and you're --- and you're certain it's safe, Isa? The loud noises this machine makes doesn't mean it's going to explode?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- And so, it begins -
“13 days later”

Isa waited for Moss to gather his courage, sitting on his bike with a hand under his chin and leaning on his elbow that‘s on the handles. His indigo eyes stared at the uncertain merman.

”I would be dead so many times for using my bike if that was true, Moss.” The redhead sighed. “Yes, I’m sure the engine won’t explode.”

It has been thirteen days since their deal of their travels. The redhead thought it would be best to be ready before leaving, so he worked at the inn he was staying in. Singing in front of the crowd.

“Remember, Moss. Keep your hands on my shoulders or around my waist and don’t lean on either side.” Isa reminded the merman, facing forward as he slightly kicked the resting foot off the ground; snapped tucked in between the metal sheets of the bike’s body.

Zer0 Zer0

- And so It Begins -
"13 Days Later "

"Alright." A hesitant dip of the seat, as Moss settled behind Isa and clapped his hands on his shoulders. They were pale and sweaty. His boots hung, shifting the bike from side to side, as he looked for something to rest his feet on, then hoisted his spear, shield and backpack more securely behind him. "Wait." he shifted some more.

"Wait." He shifted foot positions again.

"Wait." he decided the previous foot position was better. "Okay, ready!" the grip on Isa's shoulders became hard, but not painful.

Katsuya Katsuya

- And it begins -
“13 days later”

Isa waited and waited and waited. Pulling his goggles over his eyes before holding onto the handles.

As soon Moss said “Okay.”, the redhead twisted the handles. The engine roared as the wheels moved. They practically shot out from the parking spot, speeding through the dirt roads as Isa easily maneuvered away from the crowded areas. The merfolk who saw them would feel the winds blowing their clothes as the pair left the town.

After a while, letting Moss getting used to the bike’s speed, Isa’s lips curled devilishly. Then he leaned forward, twisting the handles even more. The bike jolted, speeding faster as the bike weaved between trees. “WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~” the red head screamed in joy.

Zer0 Zer0

anton-fadeev-snowlandscape-wide.jpg

- The First Ride -

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Moss' arms wrapped around Isa's neck, half choking him. A string of poetic Nazja --- curses probably from the way he was spitting them out --- flowed ceaselessly on to the biker's back and out into the cool winds, as Moss squeezed the seat with his legs for dear life.

Moss peered from over Isa's shoulder, looking at the blurred landscape as they rolled past ice floes, revving under the shadows of red autumn trees, and shot out of the mountainous hills and into wide open plains.

"Isa, nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Moss yelled, hugging his waist. "I haven't read all of the volumes of Ninjas of Love, I can't die yet --- ow!" and the bike wobbled dangerously as Moss jerked his leg off. "Something burned me! Isa?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- And so, it begins -
“13 days later”

When the bike wobbled, Isa peeked over his shoulder. A disapproving frown morphed on his pale face. “Don’t move-! Hm?” A brow raised.

Then the bike slowed down, still moving but not enough to scare the merman. “You wanna check in case you’re bleeding?“The redhead asked, pouting a bit, but he sounded a bit worried. “Must’ve touched the engine.”

Zer0 Zer0

- The First Ride -

"Yes, I think --- I think it was the metal. This --- this is normal? It heats up?" said Moss looking down, careful not to move. He pulled the end of his pants up and saw just a little reddish mark where the hot metal pressed against his clothes. "I'm alright." He sighed in relief. He relaxed his hug that was like a scared cat's clinging on a tree earlier.

"Your machine is extraordinary. It is so fast . . . faster than the swiftest chocobo I've ever ridden. Does this motorbike have a name? Like a breed? Or is it just motorbike?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- The first ride -

Isa nodded. “Yea. The engine heats up the water and it creates steam—- the gas that’s coming out of the pipe behind you is actually steam—- the steam pushes the motor’s fan inside and it makes a rotation of sorts.” That’s the simplest he could describe what the bike is actually doing.

“You see the little stubs of metal right in front of the engine? Put your feet there.” Isa said then he grinned. “Her name’s Smoky! I’m sure there’s different types of bikes, but I haven’t seen another. So I can’t exactly confirm anything of the sort.”

“Née, Moss? Wanna see something cool?” Isa asked, looking forward again.

Zer0 Zer0

- The First Ride -

Moss nodded vigorously. "The machine I'm designing uses propellers too, but I haven't been able to figure out something this powerful or noisy!" He placed his foot on the stubs, relaxing more. "Smoky . . . This is a she?" He pondered how can a machine be a she? "Er . . . Okay? What is it?" and Moss actually looked over his shoulder to look forward at what Isa was looking.

Katsuya Katsuya

- The first ride -

Isa grinned devilishly.

“THIS!” Suddenly, he turned the handles and leaned to the side. Making the bike stand at a dangerously low position as he pushed the engines once more. They circled around in one spot, dust and dirt and grass flying as Isa spun the bike around several times.

‘Then he stopped, leaning to the other side, and balancing it enough to straighten the bike. Making their merry way in their adventure at a medium pace. The redhead peeked over his shoulder, grinning widely. “What do ya think? Cool, huh?”

Zer0 Zer0

- The First Ride -

Moss didn't even yell this time. When Isa looked back, he was clinging tightly around his waist, legs squeezed so tight around the seats it was looking like an hourglass, hair dishevelled, and trembling like a cat dragged out of frozen waters. "Y-y-you troll."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- The First Ride -

Isa chuckled, shoulders trembling as he tried to hold back from flat-out laughing.

“In the name of my lord, Loki. May this prank be an offer and give a little bit of laughter in the order and chaotic realms.” He muttered, feeling better. Gosh, he wanted to get back at Moss for a while and this was the perfect moment. “It’s for a good cause, Seagrass. Be honored!”

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back