• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

- Night Time -
" Beach, Cascata dell’ Oceano, Summer"

Moss' face mirrored Isa's confusion. "O theé mou!" he exclaimed in Nazja, laughing. " Forgive me, Isa, I thought it was like a turtle!" he immediately rowed back to shore and waited for him to get on.

There was a spear and shield, a backpack, the same rope that anchored the canoe, and an extra paddle inside the little boat. Moss hooked their oil lantern off one end of his paddle and transferred it on the end of Isa's side, before he shoved off from the sands and headed out to the ocean again.

With long strong strokes they were past the sandy bottom and now came upon a wide expanse of seagrasss patched with rocks and corals covered in algae. Silver glints of fishes swam past their canoe, as Moss started to hum a merman's song, smiling at Isa every now and then, as the cool night breeze swept their hair.

"Leave your worries by the shoreline,
And run your bare-feet through the sand,
Let the water be a soft bed,
When you cannot bear to stand.

Make friends with flying seagulls,
And hold the sun up-to your palm,
Before you duck beneath the water,
Where the world is mute and calm.

Tell the fish all of your problems,
As they all come swimming past,
When your lungs are close to bursting,
Swim above the waves and gasp.

Let the water hold your sadness,
And wash it right out to the sea,
So like a message in a bottle,
All your worries are set free.

And the sea might make you feel alone,
But the world has troubles too,
For how else do you suppose,
The ocean got so blue?"

He was so chill, as though nothing hurried him at all. It was the end of a long day's work, yet Moss seemed more awake than in the morning, bright and chipper, as though rowing a canoe in the freezing night in this darkness was akin to lounging on a sofa.

He looked at Isa, casually studying him, obviously very interested as though he was quite the foreign stranger that he usually didn't encounter, and was very curious about him. He seemed to take his time with his words though, content with the silence of the sea, until the lights of the village were just little pinpricks in the distance.

"So, Isa . . ." He began seriously. "Do you like sea food pasta?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Night time -
“Out in the Ocean waters”

Isa chuckled and walked as close as he could before the shallow waves can‘t reach his boots. “That’s okay. Anybody would think that.” Okay, maybe not a turtle specifically but the redhead couldn’t blame Moss for thinking something special about a new thing like his bike. Taking a quick dash once the canoe was close enough, he climbed in. Trying his best to ignore the cold temperature of the water seeping into his boots as he splashed the waters and pushed the canoe out a bit. He sat down wearily as if he wasn’t used to being on a boat and took a deep breathe.

The redhead stared up at the southern lights, admiring the colors molding and merging together. One not overlapping the other and yet still creating another bright color together in harmony. He blinked when an oil lantern on an oar was within his vision momentarily and followed the handle back to Moss. Isa grinned, this time grateful and slightly awkward like he wasn’t used to considerable acts. Of course, he didn’t say anything. His cheeks flushed pink, not that Moss would be able to see it . . . Hopefully.

Isa noticed how relaxed Moss was, rowing the boat and all. To even sing with a stranger like him on board too . . . What a weird guy. Again, a thought popped in his head about the vendor, but he still didn’t want to pry. His name, the language he spoke, the song he was singing —- the redhead wanted to ask if he used to live in coastal areas or if he was a merman that just liked to have legs. It was something to think about, but he didn’t want to bother the man in case his reasoning was sad.

The vendor would hear a quiet but melodious hum coming from Isa as he followed along with his song and if he looked, he’d see the redhead swaying his head a bit. Then the hum abruptly stopped when Moss asked him a serious question.

One that Isa’s eyes shine bright in excited glee and his grin widening into a big smile. He even leaned forward despite his obvious fear of tipping the boat. “Who doesn’t love seafood pasta? . . . Nee, Moss. . .”

”That’s a really nice song you sang. Where did you hear it?”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Night Time -
" Atlantean Ocean, Summer"

"Good, 'cause I brought seafood pasta and soup from the stall. My boss Hera was happy the stranger who's the talk of the village came to eat at her grill, and gave me extra apart from all of the tips." He looked very happy about that, as he paused his rowing to put his oar across his lap and rummage into his backpack. "Soup's still hot." He drew out an old tin flask with markings scratched on the side including the date August 590, a tin cup, then a small clay pot that smelled of milk, cream, and crab wrapped in banana leaves, then put them on the canoe seat between him and Isa. He looked up when he asked the question.

" I think it was from my mother a long time ago, when I was but a wee boy --- O, ela more, I forgot the extra fork. Here, you can have mine." He placed a wooden fork on top of the banana leaf wrapped pot, then tied his bag shut and continued rowing. "Thanks to you, Isa, I've got enough for me to continue my journey. I hope you found my act as pleasing as my food." He chuckled, recalling his frost flair. He looked at Isa as though he found something funny about him and peculiar. "Do you always smile like a cheshire cat, like that?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Night time -
“Atlantean Ocean, Summer”

“I’m glad to hear that.” Isa said, grinning impishly. “I‘ll pray for your safe travels then.”

Excitedly watching Moss taking out the clay pot, tin cup, and tin flask, Isa took another deep breathe; he held his shaking gloved hands together. He listened to Moss’ answer and hummed, nodding in understanding. His smile softened. “I see~ My mother taught me a lullaby of her own too—- oh! Thank you.”

He reached out and took hold of the fork. Then for a quiet moment, Isa reaches out and pulled the flask close to his lap. Not removing the lid. He breathed, focusing his vision on the pot, and sparked blue flames. It was subtle, just at the edges of his fingertips, and it’s glow softly reflected on the metal surface, keeping the soup warm for a longer period without burning it or over simmering the ingredients. The red head is sure that Moss kept a balance within the flavors and he wanted to keep it that way.

His indigo blue eyes looked up without moving his head and his impish grin widened. He’s not gonna mention about how he didn’t notice his act at all. He was too hungry to notice and the food just drew him in more than the other stalls. “I . . . Yes. I smile like that all the time. It gets me into trouble when I didn’t even want it sometimes and it gets me out of trouble too.” He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly before looking up at the Southern lights.

” . . . Have you ever heard of the legends about the Southern lights? How they came to be?” Isa asked.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Night Time -

"Yes, you look like you are planning something evil with that smile." he said pleasantly. His silver brows raised when he saw the flickering blue flames. "You're not planning to do something evil to me, are you, Isa?" He half-joked. He stopped rowing and looked over the canoe's edge.

Beneath them were corals of blue and orange, with waving tufts of anemone and long grasses of sea weed. He stood up, rocking the canoe a little, then tossed one end off the rope out. "Here we go, this is the spot." He then shook his head at Isa, shrugging off his fur coat and getting ready to jump into the water. "The only thing I know is that the southern lights is a leyline in the sky that we can see and that it's colorful because the manna is shifting between our realm and realms beyond?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Night -
“Atlantean Ocean“

“Do you consider warm soup evil? If so, then yes. I’m planning to enslave every seafood in this pot.” Isa replied, snorting at the end playfully. Then he tilted his head as Moss took off his coat, raising a brow. Why did he take off his coat? Is he jumping in?! What?!

The redhead chuckled, not revealing his disbelief of what this man might do as he ‘tsk’ed. As if Moss was naive for thinking scientifically. “You’re right but long time ago, the locals believed the southern lights to be guides for the lost or confused. They believed the color shifting were from the many spirits that were guiding them and depending on the color, that was the traveler’s spirit guide. It could be an animal of the forests and sea or their dead relatives from times past, but they just knew it was someone that cared about them. A strong connection by blood or by representation within their living souls that called out to them. They hear voices echoing with the winds, telling them which way to take.”

His breath puffed out in white steam as he looked up again. Staring at the colors shifting beautifully. “Even to this day, the locals use the lights and their shifting colors to find their way back here. To their homes.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Night -

Moss watched Isa with a kind of peaceful solace and for some strange reason longing. "That is a wonderful story, Isa." he said with melancholy, looking down at the waves with the same look of longing. "Is that true? Is there a way to have a spirit guide?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Night -
“Atlantean Ocean, summer”

Isa looked at Moss, taking note to this somber side of the vendor. Did something happen to him? A guide, hm . . .

”I’m sure there‘s such a thing as spirit guides. It may not appear right now, but I know for sure there is one for everyone, even for you, Moss.” Isa said gently, his impish grin softened to an comforting smile. He looked younger, more hopeful, and gentle. “ . . . So whatever it is that you are after, don’t stop. Keep going and follow the lights.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Night -

"Wow." Moss chuckled, looking away, but one could tell he was smiling. Touched. Embarrassed. Then he coughed, clearing his throat. "Thanks, Isa." his voice cracked a little, as he looked back, smiling warmly. He noticed it and looked away again, laughing at how tight his throat was. "That's very kind of you to say, and uh, if you're looking for good food for breakfast tomorrow, I can make something for you if you like." He dove into the water away from Isa, splashing him just a little, and he could see his lithe form dive deeper with the rope to tie it somewhere in the murky depths. The rope went taut and the canoe bobbed above the waves in place. Then he swam out of the light of the lantern and didn't re-emerge until three minutes later.

Moss's face broke the surface of water, and he swept his silver hair out of his eyes before clambering back up. "So. Fishing." He fought to keep his face straight. He pointed eastwards. "If you throw your line right about there, there's a school of snappers eating around the sea bed." he rowed closer, as much as the rope would allow. And he just looked at Isa expectantly.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Night -
“Atlantean Ocean“

Isa perked up at the mention of food and nodded. “I would like that very much. Thank you.”

Just as Moss dived into the water, the red head peered over the canoe to see how deep he was swimming and slammed his head on the frame. Hard. Groaning in embarrassment with his face flaming red. “There! I did it! I did what you asked of me!” He stared up at the sky, indigo eyes reflecting back the colorful teals and golds that swam together in flowing harmony of the sea. Then he sighed, ruffling his wild locks with one hand as he pouted. Not minding of the pink mark on his forehead.

”I don’t know why you are insisting that I would be the one to tell him, but there you go. Now can you please change back to the colors you had before?” Yep. He’s blaming the southern lights. Isa couldn’t help it! He just saw the teals and golds flowing together like the sea and a thought just popped in his head when he heard Moss’ tone—- he just had a feeling that the vendor needed a pick-me-up. Something to let him know that the spirits were watching over him somehow. Even the colors were suggesting it- the red head just couldn’t believe it was coincidence——-

AND MOSS DIVED IN THE COLD WATER LIKE IT WAS NOTHING!! How is he not freezing?! How is he not breathing air-

Isa shuttered at the thought of diving in the cold depths and leaned away from the edge. He payed attention to the rope and trying to not freak out about the boat tipping with each sway. “Of course. He’s a merman. What else could he be?” He muttered to himself, putting the pieces together. He swallowed his yelp when Moss splashed out again and coming on the boat. Telling him where the fish were and rowed there.

Moss can see that Isa froze, his lips pinched as he stared at the dark waters. “ . . . Oh. I-I forgot to get a fishing pole . . .” His whole face turned red like his hair.

Zer0 Zer0

- Night -

Moss stared at him for a full four seconds, then burst out laughing. "Oh, Isa! Hahaha! But how could you forget the fishing pole?! That's half the essence of fishing!"

Jeez, this guy. He's totally not a fisherman. Moss thought he was looking at a fellow angler. "Well then," he grinned, still chortling and trying to control it out of respect for him, "what do you wish to do? We can go spear fishing?" He picked up his spear and offered it to him. "We can go back, I can knock on the doors of some friends and borrow a pole for you?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Night -
“Atlantean Ocean “

“I-I know that!” Isa pouted angrily, feeling his cheeks getting hotter. “I was just really busy today, okay?!”

The search and finding the lead took practically the whole day that Isa forgot to buy a fishing pole before coming to Moss by the beach. With a huff, the redhead crossed his arms and waited until Moss stopped laughing —- or at least slowed down suggest something. He perk up at the idea of spear fishing, looking at the lance Moss offered.

” . . . Mind teaching me how to do that?” Isa hesitantly reaches for the spear and wondered how can anybody fish with a spear.

Zer0 Zer0

- Night -

"Sure, come in the water." said Moss, and handed him the spear. It was light, carved out of oakwood with a worn, but sharp steel tip that was thinner than the usual spear. Still chortling, he rummaged in his bag and took out a pouch where he pulled out a piece of silver thread. Clenching it in his fist, he breathed frost into it, and blue glowing arcane runes like swirling caligraphy tattoos shone through his skin like a gauntlet. His hand glowed white and a wisp of snow swirled down to his feet making it glow with frost blue runes.

"Do you want me to cast a spell to help you breathe underwater or walk and float in water? Or both? I'll tell you right now, the breathing in water will give you an awesome orca head." He mimed the shape with his own head.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Night -
“Atlantean Ocean “

He has to get out of the boat, doesn’t he?

“ . . . Isn’t the water cold?” Isa asked hesitantly, gripping on the spear tight. He looked at the water wearily. “Um . . . Walk and float. I’ll try walking . . . Um, fish like shiny things right?”

He cautiously put down the flask and next to the clay pot to reach out to Moss with a trusting gloved hand. Wondering if he needed to touch Isa for his icy spell.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Night -

"It's not that cold." reassured Moss, who looked like his understanding of what was cold was different from Isa's. Even the ocean breeze warranted a fur coat. "Walking it is. We'll need bait if we're to fish from the surface." He looked at Isa's hand, not understanding, then took it, and the magic from his wet hand which was surprisingly warm despite the chill glow, spread to Isa's fingertips like a blanket of mint, and the same wisp of snow fluttered down to rest on the soles of Isa's boots, making them glow in ice blue calligraphy. His feet would feel as though they had been kneaded with vapor rub, they felt menthol cool, and yet emanating some kind of warmth.

In a way Moss' magic felt like him. Silver cool in the outside, but inside it was warm in a light and pleasing way.

Moss looked like he didn't know what he was doing, as he stood up and stepped into the waves, still holding Isa's hand like a gentleman helping a lady off a carriage, except in this case it was a canoe, and Moss did it anyway, though he was confused at this culture since Isa was a guy, but said nothing.

Small spider web cracks of glowing ice appeared on the bobbing ocean where Moss stepped. It was weird, it felt like trying to maintain one's balance on a solid, slippery water bed, and Moss' hold on Isa's hand tightened to help him balance as he pulled him on to the ocean waters.

This was awkward for Moss, but he did not let go of Isa's hand until he could stand properly.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Night -
“Atlantean Ocean “

When Moss mentioned bait, Isa took a moment to think and quickly grabbed two long strands of noodles out of the clay pot to pocket them. Then he firmly held onto the merman’s hand only to hum in surprise. His magic felt like . . . It felt like it was so cold that it burns a bit. Somehow comforted by the thought of being warm, the redhead carefully tip-toed out of the canoe and not letting go of Moss’ hand; his eyes widened when his boots —- that has a frosty colored rune on the side of his heel —- did not sink.

His breathe shuddered out a sigh in relief and processed to stand like he normally would. Only to yelp when he felt how slippery the water was?! It was like each wave will bob the spider web-like cracks underneath his feet. Isa held onto Moss’ hand even tighter, tense, and nervous about falling in as he steadied himself; bending his knees enough to just stand. Stand and not move at all. With his legs shaking, he looked like a little baby deer struggling to stand on ice. With a very pointy stick.

“ . . . Heh . . . Heheh . . I can’t believe I’m standing on water. Okay.” Isa laughed nervously while looking up at the nice merman, trying to grin and it came out more like a grimace. His cheeks were turning red again, embarrassed. “U-um . . . Right. S-so I just- stand straight.” And he did. He tried standing straight with wobbly legs. He gulped.

“H-have I ever told you that I can’t swim? At all? I sink like a rock.” Isa nervously laughed as he looked down at the spider web-like cracks. Then he let’s go of Moss’ hand slowly to wearily reach out to the lantern. “Let me just . . .”

Suddenly, the air around the pair will warm up as the fire within the lantern flickered. Then small orbs of flames flubbed out of the fire. One by one, the firefly-like glows floated around them randomly, lazily weaving around them with little fading trails. “There. Now we can have lights—- w-woaah!” Isa held onto Moss’ arm immediately just as he felt another wave under his boots.

Zer0 Zer0

- Night -

Moss was surprised. "Don't worry, you're doing a good job, and I won't let you sink." he promised resolutely, all awkwardness gone. He watched in interest, as flames flubbed out of the lantern, keeping close to Isa with his arms out on either side like an emergency fence in case he needed to hold on. He caught his elbows, as he stumbled, and they slid a bit backward as though on ice.

"I think I should teach you how to walk before how to spear, Isa." chuckled Moss in his hair. He helped him up, and keeping his arm forward for him, he took the spear from him and slung it around his back. He slowly walked backwards, drawing Isa forward.

He was an encouraging teacher, who found things funny a lot, though his chuckling didn't sound like he was looking down on Isa, rather he found the red-head amusing and praised him for every little bit of progress he made, until Isa could walk without needing his arm to steady him.

Fishes swam up, attracted to the floating flames, they were wiggling under Moss' feet and Isa's boots, nipping them. Every now and then a bigger fish, it's mouth gaping and closing would come curiously close, before swimming away whenever one of the two men would make a quick movement.

In the distance, soft ethereal voices started to swell into song. There were merefolk emerging close to the shore, singing haunting beautiful songs, lullabies that sounded like ballads, telling stories of the moon and the sea, of falling stars being cradled under moonlight by icy black waters, and the yearning to reach the way the ocean is pulled to the moon but could never touch it.

" My love, did you know
the tide is water being tugged towards the moon?
a whole ocean being pulled to the stars

I don't know why the beauty of that catches me unaware

Perhaps because I know how those seas feel

So much of me is water
an ocean beneath my skin
straining towards you

But alas I fear
I can never reach you"

And then there was crying. A man was wailing in the shore, singing morosely to the song. He sounded like a drunk. Moss immediately looked towards the winking lights of the village, alarmed and concerned, as though he recognized the voice.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Night -
“Atlantean Ocean”

“Y-Yea, that would be great.” The nervous redhead replied.

After a few minutes of almost slipping and yelping, Isa got the hang of it. Kind of. He stopped yelping and can stand on his own now. He didn’t mind that Moss laughed at him, didn‘t feel annoyed. He’s just happy that he can stand without the wobbling knees.

As Isa lured the fishes to get closer with his lights, teasing them by pulling the glows away just in time as the fish jumped to nip them; the redhead blinked as collective voices sang songs. Told stories and adventures of the sea. Indigo eyes quickly snapped up towards the lights, seeing the teals and golds still flowing together. His brows furrowed, not caring as one of the fishes finally caught his flames just to burn it’s own mouth. Why didn’t the colors change yet?

His body tensed as a cry broke through the singing. The red head stood straight and stared hard at the beach. Then he peeked at Moss, raising a brow at the now concerned merman. He looked back at the shore. His nervous grin disappeared into a flat line.

”. . . Go.” Isa lightly said, tugging Moss’ arm towards the shore. “I’ll catch up to check on you and your friend after banking the boat. The fishing can wait tomorrow.” Then he made his way to the boat, pulling the rope up, and lifted the anchor into the boat. He grabbed the lantern to pass it to Moss, now focused and not worried about sinking into the water.

”You’ll need this. I have these. I’ll see ya soon.” He pointed at the little glowing orbs.

Zer0 Zer0

- Night -

"But I can come back." began Moss, looking between the shore and Isa. "Alright." he gave in, and pushed the lantern back to him. "I don't need it." And he dove into the ocean, his feet still glowing. He leaped over the waters in majestic butterfly strokes for the shore, and was soon a small little pinprick of white blue light in the inky black darkness.

Minutes later, the ethereal singing of the merefolk stopped, replaced by harsh bitter arguing voices. A blonde man with a fleshy horn just like Moss was angrily throwing bottles at him on the shore, they shattered on the shell and coral pebbles on the beach; little crabs scuttled away from the arguing pair, as lights in the village started to turn on from the racket the two were making; merefolk were gazing at the two with their heads down in the water, only their eyes above the waves. They were muttering: "Poor Tybalt, drowning in Firewhisky again."; "Drowning in the past, if you ask me."; "Those broken bottles will pierce someone's feet in the morning they will.";"Prince Adamaris isn't helping. Or rather he's trying to, but I wish Estevan would come out and help Tybalt instead of him."; "He's probably passed out under the bottle too."

"Tybalt, you can't breathe underwater anymore!" said Moss, his hands up as he dodged what must be the seventh bottle of firewhisky flung his way.

"Don't keep me from returning to my family, you ungrateful sea slug, this is all your fault!" said the blonde man, stumbling towards the water as he tried to keep Moss at bay.

"I never asked you to come after me in the first place!"

"I came because you were alone!"

"I know, it's not my fault you were caught!"

The blonde horned man swore and threw another bottle at Moss, and this one hit him on the head.

"Not your fault?! I shouldn't have followed you to Mystras! Then I wouldn't have lost everything! Palilea! Galilea!" he mourned towards the ocean, and waded deeper. "Your father is coming!" and he jumped into the waters --- then began to drown. Moss dove after him.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Night -
“Atlantean Ocean: Too cold! “

Isa quickly made his way back onto the canoe, hanging the lantern back in it’s place before rowing to the shore. Keeping his eyes on the glowing pinprick that was Moss’ magic as he listened to the sudden change in the air. Causing the hairs on the back of his neck stand as unknown tension started to suffocate him. The merfolk stopped singing. Replaced by harsh words that were being thrown back and forth. The redhead couldn’t hear the words exactly but he knew by the tones, it wasn’t a happy one.

The gossiping merfolk were just supplying his suspicions with their hushed words of pity. The red head continued on rowing past them, being careful to not get close to accidentally hit one with the oar as he got closer to the shore and-

“Huh?” Isa tilted his head, his confused expression morphed into an alarm as the drunk guy —- Tybalt, was it? —- just jumped in the water after declaring to see his . . . Kids . . . He has kids and he’s drowning.

“. . .” The redhead can already feel a headache coming, watching Moss dive in after him, and sighed. Are the other merfolk gonna help? No . . . They are not . . .

“What in the world-“ He sighed again, praying to Loki under his breath.

He rowed closer to where he saw Tybalt and Moss dived, grabbed the anchor that’s tied to the ship, shoved his coat and boots off; and dived in with a loud splash. Piercing cold pinched his skin, freezing his bones, and tensing his muscles the deeper he went. Letting the heavy weight sink him further down faster and let’s go when he spotted the shadowy still figure. Close enough to reach out. He didn’t know if Moss was nearby, but he flailed a bit and grabbed the blonde man’s arm; pulling him close to the rope and climbed. He pointed up in hopes that Moss can see it, letting him know that the boat was near. As he felt someone else pulling Tybalt to the surface, Isa let’s go and continued on to climb on the rope as quick as he can.

With a greedy gasp of air, the redhead quickly pulled himself up and onto the canoe. His teeth chattering violently, his body trembled uncontrollably, but his eyes searched for Moss and his friend. When he did, Isa grabbed onto the blonde’s arms and pulled him up, trying to ignore the dry winds cut down to his bones. “Get in! Come on!” He muttered loudly, not caring about the gossiping merfolk nearby, shocked that a seemingly random human had helped the pair.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Night -
" Cascata dell’ Oceano "

Moss floated Tybalt on to his shoulder then swam up the water, hauling himself up on the waves as though they were solid, then gently placed the choking Tybalt on the canoe.

"Tybalt." said Moss in a voice most gentle, rolling his friend to the side, as he coughed out water. "Help me get him to shore." he told Isa, as blood flowed down from a cut on his forehead. Moss wiped the blood off his eyes, then threw his fur coat around the shivering biker, and then grabbed a paddle and started rowing.

Upon reaching land, he worriedly took the semi-unconscious Tybalt in his arms. "Thanks, Isa, I'm sorry about today, I'll make it up to you tomorrow!" he quickly promised, and then rushed off towards the huts east of the shore, leaving his fur coat on Isa, his spear, backpack, flask, tin cup, and clay pot of seafood pasta behind.

The merefolk carefully waded closer to the canoe. "That was a nice thing you did." said one merman, the mauve haired one who tail-slapped a seagull this morning, to Isa. He watched Moss and his friend go with a look as though this wasn't new. "But, just a bit of friendly advice, stranger . . . Don't get too close to Moss, or you may end up ruined like his friend there --- if he really sees him as his friend. As far as I've learned about their falling out, Moss seems to be the type to make promises just to keep someone, but doesn't really fulfill them if his own desires are on the line."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Night -
“Atlantean Ocean “

Isa helped row the canoe to the shore and before he can say anything, he watched Moss rush his way to the east. As he got off the canoe, feeling his cold toes sink into freezing sand, he heard someone swimming close and peeked over his shoulder. Listening to the merfolk’ s words before taking a deep breathe, closing his eyes. He mentally counted down to ten before he said anything.

”I see.” Isa reached in the canoe, collecting everything one by one, and used his flames to quickly dry himself up before putting on his boots and coat. Sneezing quietly, the redhead folded Moss’ cloak with the flask, fork, and clay pot on top. Then he looked at the mermaid who warned him.

“Thank you for the warning. However I’ll be fine.” Isa smiled at her. It wasn’t sweet nor warm; it was sad and tired like a soldier who just came back from war. “I already lost everything I care for. So Moss doesn’t have a chance to ruin me when I’m already broken.”

He gave the merfolk a bow, thanking them for their beautiful songs that he heard earlier and made his way to his bike; carrying all of Moss’ items and the food he made. Tucking them under the seat cushion’s small compartment and closing it, he sat down and revved his bike; heading into town and towards the inn he’s staying in. Thoughts wreaked his mind, the mermaid’s words echoing in and out.

”If Moss didn’t care for his friends, then why was he so desperate to save him from drowning?” Isa muttered into the quiet air after reaching in his room, tenderly putting Moss’ stuff on the small table before plopping into bed. Snuggling under the sheets as he kicked his boots off the bed. “Lord Loki. Please. If you still hear my pleas, guide Moss and his friends into their wishes. Break their illusions that fog their minds and free them of their burden. They need it . . . I just . . . I can’t believe that Moss wouldn’t care about his friends. Not when he saved him so many times before and tonight.”

With that, Isa slept. Troubled as his own shadows haunted him in his nightmares.

—————

In the next morning, Isa decided to walk by the beach. Hoping the waves will just distract him from his thoughts. The seafood pasta was delicious for breakfast too.

Zer0 Zer0

9j16oi4sjxq01.jpg
- Next Day -
" Cascata dell’ Oceano "

The dawn rose, turning the sky lavender with rose clouds tinged with gold. The gentle lapping of the waves was steady and calming. The low tide revealed crabs scuttling up shore, and a few baby turtles wriggling their way to the big blue, leaving crawling trails in the sand. There were fishermen out and about already, and some kids were protecting the baby turtles from the rats with wings.

There were pretty shells on the beach. Jade-green swirly ones, grey clams with rose-pink pearlescent insides, auburn ones, white with periwinkle blue stripes, honey yellow cone shells, and smooth stones polished by the sea that they looked like gems.

Sea grass lay under the rising sun amidst stranded driftwood. In the spot where Isa left the canoe, the boat was gone, and there were dragging marks in the sand that led to the ocean; a couple of fishermen and basking mermaids greeted him, and over at the docks, the merefolk were setting up their stalls again and getting ready to start the day.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Next day -
“Cascata ‘dell Oceano”

Isa waved back to the fishermen and merfolk with a casual grin and continued walking until he reached the port. He observed people and merfolk getting their stalls ready, hearing quiet good mornings and light clattering from moving cookware.

“Maybe . . .” The motorist made his way to Hera’s grill, hoping to find Moss.

Zer0 Zer0

Jeanne Du Valliant​

Learning from earlier, she realized doing the higher paying ones were going to literally be the death of her. Noting the common labor, she made a mental check to go the destination. But first...

The slave market.

She had never been to one, and it only exemplified how society had not progressed. Rather, it devolved. Which is understandable. The banning of automata and mechanical servants meant that there was need for organic labor. But this also came with the price of cruelty. It is only fitting that she should look, to see how such trade is conducted even if the conditions were a tad barbaric.

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back