• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

- Moss Adamaris -
"Next Day, Asger Hunter's Camp"

"No problem. You're helping us with our problem after all." said Vera.

Later that night, Moss' curiosity as to what Isa's uncle was doing searching old ruins was keeping him up longer than usual. He was being the little spoon again under the covers of their sleeping bags in the now empty moonlit common room, but turned around to hug Isa to his chest, plant a kiss on his forehead and rub his back.

He wasn't going to talk about his uncle if Isa wasn't going to. He was starting to understand him a little bit more, notice the little gestures he makes, the change in his voice, and he felt that maybe Isa just wants a break right now. So he caressed him to lull him to a peaceful sleep, talking about random things again, this time it was, "Would you rather be granted three wishes of your choice ten years from today or be granted one wish today?"

Moss had chosen one wish today, because he did not know if he would be alive ten years from today. And his wish was, and this surprised him, "I wish you'll be happy in ten years." It came out naturally without thought. Was . . . was Isa more important to him than his friends going home? Shouldn't that be his wish as a good friend?

Maybe the last ten years of arguing, their friendships breaking down really got to him, despite the cheery look he had. And this brief moment of happiness he's not felt in a long time these past two months with Isa was . . . like waking up to morning from night and remembering, oh, so this was what it was like to be . . . to be cared for. Something he lost when he and his friends just fell apart.

Moss felt very wicked. What was he doing here, putting his feelings for Isa first before his friends? He should have left the moment he learned Isa was alright. But then, and he hugged Isa tightly, he wouldn't have been able to have this. But then maybe he wasn't allowed to, not while his friends were unhappy. And they were going to part too. He didn't know when he was going to see Isa again.

Moss sighed. Why were the things he wanted difficult to obtain?

Well, there was nothing he can do, but just get to it and work. He smelled Isa's hair for comfort, then began to sing softly.

"I am tired,
Of the always puzzle of living and doing

Let us go, then,
And we’ll leave it far and far away

I have played,
and broke the toys I was fondest of,
I'm a little tired now;
Tired of things that break
Just tired

But I come with a dream in my eyes tonight,
And knock with a rose at the gate of your heart
Open to me!
Show me the places nobody knows,
And, if you like,
The perfect places of sleep.

Ah, come with me!
Blow me that wonderful bubble, the moon,
That floats forever and a day;
I’ll sing you the jacinth song
Of the probable stars;
We'll attempt the unstartled steppes of dream,
Until we find the only flower,
Which shall keep our hearts
While the moon comes out of the sea."

* * * *​

The next morning, the weather was sunny again. The sounds of the forest waking filled the cool misty sunrise, and the thump of arrows hitting wood from someone practicing outside. Moss was the little spoon again, sort of, he was facing Isa with his head under his chin, and lips stuck on his neck again, warm hand around his back and tangled in the hair above his nape that he'd been fondling until he fell asleep.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa BianchI -
“The moon is always gentle to wounded hearts”​

Isa held Moss close when he kissed his forehead, comforted from his back rubs. Eyelids fluttered in his happy daze. Smiling as he listened to Moss’ dulce voice and light random topics. When he asked, the redhead pondered for a moment, hugging the merman close to nuzzle his horn with the tip of his nose. Though surprised and touched to hear the merman’s answer. It is a simple wish, but it’s filled with sincerity that Isa couldn’t help himself. He cupped the merman’s cheeks and pulled him close to kiss, sipping his lips gently.

”I’d want a wish today too.” He whispered, lips brushing over Moss’. “I’d wish to give ya and your friends the ability to switch into merfolk and human. That way . . . ya can visit your friends whenever and be happy in your freedom.” He really is letting go his murder-filled goal, isn’t he?

Isa wrapped his arms around the merman once more, leaving sleepy kisses on his forehead and horn. Humming when Moss tightened his hug. He patted and rubbed his back tenderly, hoping it’ll comfort him. Then he heard Moss sing, lulling him, surrendering into the warm darkness as he tried to pay attention to the lyrics. He smiled.

”Ya sound . . . Love- . . .zzz”

———-

When Isa woke up to the sound of arrows thunking on wood, he laid still. Enjoying Moss’ embrace as his neck tingled from his breathing and lips so close. Had Moss been playing with his hair at night? There’s a chance that he squirmed around like a newborn pup while he slept...ah well. The redhead whispered his prayer into Moss’ ear. Sounding like he was singing as a gentle golden halo of flames hovered over Moss’ head.

”Illriveta~
mia ir min kovontan virarai~
cozòro, despiaci miranaäi.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -
"Next Day, Asger Hunter's Camp"

"But what about you? Well, in a way we are getting what we want through each other." Moss had chuckled the night before. He felt warm. "You're sweet." he kissed Isa back, whispering if he could take off his gloves again so that they could hold hands without it in the way.

* * * *​

The next morning, Moss woke up squirming and laughing a little, ticklish in that spot Isa whispered over his ear. He looked up at him sleepily, "What? Would I rather take this to court?" he muttered, confused.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“The sun lifts up your spirits”’​

Isa nodded sleepily, pulling his gloves off to hold Moss’ hands. “Nof sweem . .”

—————-

In the next morning, Isa chuckled. Kissing him a Good morning. “No, Moss. I was praying in ancient language.” He smiled sweetly.

”I said ‘Spirits, May this person be blessed with your golden sign of protection. My heart, for this I plea.’“

. Isa casts Dedication over Moss, so he can have better chances in his death rolls.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -
"Next Day, Ciros Labyrinth"

Moss smiled, touched, "You're definitely sweet." And kissed Isa back, rolling so that he was on top and taking the corner of one of the sleeping bags with him, covering them underneath where he passionately expressed his gratitude. After Moss' affections, he kissed his scarred hands and whispered "Thank you."

The two had breakfast early so that they can cover more ground today. Though there was some delay on the way to the ruins, due to Moss not being able to help himself and asking Isa if they could make out again. And again. And then oooone last time.

Who'd have thought Isa's gesture was going to make him this affectionate.

When they arrived at the ruins, they waited for the hunting packs to leave again before going in. And lo and behold, in the idol's chamber with the gold floor three tired looking raptors were dangling from inside the net he had set up yesterday.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“Idol’s room, Ciros ruins”​

“No, I’m not- ah?!” Isa felt himself be rolled on his back as Moss hovered over him, covering them with their sleeping bag as the merman expressed his happiness. Leaving the redhead flustered and gasping for air, heart beating his rib cage as Moss kissed his darkened hands in such a tender manner. “W-welcome~”

During their early breakfast, he felt wobbly and bubbly. Leaning over to peck Moss’ cheek sometimes. Though he didn’t expect Moss to continue his affections on their way to the ruins, always leaving him dazed and fluffy. Not that he is complaining, Isa likes it. A lot.

As the pair went inside the ruins after the hunting packs left, the redhead wanted to check his trap. “Ha! I guess the trap worked . . . Unless . . .” With an impishly grin, Isa checked the surrounding area. Not trusting they were safe like before when they found the wounded raptor. No more clever surprises! Once was more than enough for the redhead.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -
"Idols' Room, Ciros Labyrinth"

Isa and Moss' search turned out nothing, even as they took time to be careful to check every nook and cranny, there were no other foes in the room except for the raptors dangling above that had noticed them and were snarling and starting to make a racket. "I'll silence them." he climbed up and, hanging upside down with his legs hugging a root, began thrusting the spear into the necks of the now thrashing raptors. Some of the cords of the net began to snap and unwind from the slashing claws and snarling teeth. Until finally, they were all silent, blood dripping down from the net.

Moss listened for the clacking of approaching claws on stone.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“Idol’s room, Ciros ruins”​

Isa whipped out his staff, on guard as Moss climbed up to quiet the trapped raptors. Even in silence, the redhead was ready to say his spell. Not minding the blood that’s dripping down.

”I don’t hear anything.” Isa whispered.

Zer0 Zer0

hzd-scars-of-war.jpg
- Moss Adamaris -
"Ciros Labyrinth"

"Me too. In any case let's get out of here quickly." Moss lowered the net and joined Isa in quickly sawing off the toe claws.

In the place where they were ambushed there were no more raptors there, and the carcasses had been eaten. The claws were still in good condition, just covered in dry crusted blood.

There was something different about the ruins today, as they continued their search for the breeding chamber. There were a lot of muddy claw prints everywhere, most of them dry, and they've gone everywhere Moss and Isa visited yesterday afternoon. "It's good that we left quickly." said Moss, looking at them. "Otherwise we would have been swarmed. They must have tried to track us" Then he paused. "Do you hear that?" He hid behind an overgrown remnant of some arcane machine, that in Isa's knowledge didn't quite fit the times of the Ciros Labyrinth. In fact, it looked around the same age as the mechanical contraptions of Elunore.

It was very slight, the sound. The soft brush of parting bushes and crunching leaves, and in the distance, two large raptors, the largest they've seen so far emerged quietly from behind a ruined wall. They were prowling, watching carefully, as they stepped out in the open towards a pool of water.

Moss could tell. These were the alphas. But shouldn't the female be with the hunting packs?

The two raptors took their time, observing, before one of them looked back at the ruin and made a coughing growling sound. There was a scampering of lighter claws among the rocks and leaves, and about a dozen hatchlings emerged from tall ferns, running towards the water where they drank and snapped at each other.

One of the large raptors stayed watching, while the second one began dipping its head quickly into the water, and reemerging with fish which it fed to the pushing and snapping babies. It waded deeper, searching for more fish, and its younglings followed, looking at the water, imitating their parent.

"I feel bad all of a sudden." whispered Moss from their hiding place.

4114204d3697200019c7bf5357d98769.jpg
Katsuya Katsuya
x5 Pairs of Raptor Claws | Has a bounty of 25 alchemical each.
Art from Horizon Zero Dawn
Art by Tomasz Jedruszek

- Isa Bianchi -
“Ciros labyrinth”​

”Yea. Thank goodness.” Isa muttered back, counting the different pair of footprints. He froze when Moss became alarmed and hid with the merman. Peeking out from the overgrown ivy leaves and vines that grew on the arcane machine—— said machine that caused Isa to raise a brow. He payed attention to what’s in front of him. Frowning softly as the touching scene unfolded in front of the pair of men. He looked at Moss.

”Because cute babies and family moments? People are getting hurt because of them though.” He whispered back. The raptors came here to live after not finding food in their original land and raise family. But they don’t belong inside the ruins either . . . If only there was a way to lure them out of the ruins and find a new place for them- Wait.

Why did the hunters hire others to deal with the raptors when the ruins tends to have flash floods? Wouldn’t the floods wash the raptors away? Unless the raptors figured out when it comes before it happens. Perhaps that’s it.

“. . . If only we knew how to talk with them and ask them to leave.“ Isa quietly whispered, grinning a bit as he watched the hatchlings swim in the water to try and catch little fish.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -
"Ciros Labyrinth"

"Yeah, that's true." Then he paused. "You know, I can talk to monsters." said Moss as though he suddenly remembered. "I can either ask them questions, or ask them to do something reasonable, just one of the two." He looked apprehensive. "Do you want to try that?"

How reasonable was a raptor? Moss mused. He was pretty sure they knew at least from the smell that it's been him and Isa that have been killing their children off. "Isa, if we ask them to leave, where can they go for food?" Then he had an idea. "What if, what if maybe, we ask them why they left? And if we can fix that, they can go home?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“Ciros ruins”​

“. . . It could work.” Isa whispered back, brows furrowed. “To make a deal. Raptors are pretty smart, after all. Hopefully they go home peaceful after. If this doesn’t work, I’ll support whatever ya want to do.“

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -
"Ciros Labyrinth"

Moss cupped Isa's cheeks. "Isa, you're really wonderful." He held Isa's hand, then took deep breaths staring at the grass. "Okay . . . just . . . just give me a moment." He pulled out his spellbook from the leather harness around his chest, reviewed the spells, then rummaged a piece of dry moai melon and muka meat from his spell component pouch. He took a final peek at the two raptors, "Alright, so my magic can't reach them from here, let's sneak closer."

Making sure the foliage sewn on to his ghillie suit covered his boots, Moss led the way, crouching behind the large ferns, then slowly crawling on his belly across the open spaces where there were only tall grass for cover when the watchful raptor wasn't looking. He waited for Isa, using hand signals to silently tell him to stop or go, as he kept his eyes on where the raptor was looking. They made it.

Readying his seraph daggers just in case, Moss muttered in Nazja, his hands glowing white, as blue Atlantean runes swirled up his arms like tattoos. First the moai melon shattered into frost, then the muka meat, and then the glowing white snow swirled like a passing breeze between the monsters.

Moss slowly stood up, warily looking at the raptors that suddenly realized he was there.

And then they went on with their business as though he was nothing but some passing beetle. Moss let out a sigh of relief. "It's okay Isa." he whispered. "He stepped out of his hiding place, taking off the hood of his ghillie suit. The watchful raptor growled at him in warning, and stepped between him and the rest of its family. It sniffed him, then snarled.

"Yes, yes it was us, but we're not here to do that. That is why I am speaking to you, to end the killing."

The two raptors hissed at him, looking around immediately, as the one that had been fishing, herded away the hatchlings.

"No, no, it is only us."

The watchful raptor rose to its full height and prowled around him and Isa.

"We want to know, what drove you here? Maybe we can fix it, so that you can go back home."

The raptor growled low, looking towards the south east.

"We can do that. Where can we find it?"

The two raptors looked at each other. And the one that had been herding the hatchlings away stepped forward and growled at Moss.

"Alright, do you promise not to kill us when we return?

The two raptors hissed at him.

"Fair enough. Okay. Isa, they were driven away by a predator that got washed down into the marshlands, they call it Big Jaws, and from what I understand it's got a mouth that's bigger than they are." he opened his arms wide. "We either follow her and kill it," he nodded at the raptor that had been herding the hatchlings back towards her mate now, "or . . . not." he meaningfully shifted his daggers ever so slightly.

Katsuya Katsuya
Health: Fresh | Toughness: 18 +2 R.E. | Spell Power: 13 |Manna: 3/5
Condition: 6​

Weapon: Worn Seraph Blades | Wt.1. Dual-Wield daggers. +1 Combat. Once per turn, you can attack twice but each attack has -3 to combat rolls. No penalty if making only 1 attack. Two-handed.
Shield: Steel Shield | Wt.2. +2 Toughness. Round shield made of bronze, bonded with obsidian. The sides of the rim have little cut outs where Moss can rest his spear while his shield is up. In the center is a riveted decorative boss that can be changed with the emblem of the Iron Itsumade.
Armor: Oriental Armor: Wt. 1. +2 Toughness. Light leather armor.
Accessory I: Ghillie Suit: Wt.1. +6 to Stealth checks in 1 specific terrain: Ruins. Doesn't stack with the stealth bonus from camouflaged light armor.
Accessory II: Hiking Gear: Wt.1. +2 to climbing, traveling safely across the wilderness, and surviving noxious gases. Comes with a pair of crampons, pitons, hooks, ice axe, a hooded winter coat that's waterproof, and a firestorm shroud.

Alchemical = 38 | Metal = 6
Total Carrying Capacity: 12/25
Roleplay Points: 2

BAG OF FOLDING:
*Any clothes you put inside will come out clean, freshly ironed, pressed, and folded. Backpack +20 carrying capacity.
  1. Memento | A box made of blue coral with an engraving of him, two merman, and one mermaid. Moss stores his favorite tea blend here.
  2. Battle horn
  3. Blue Crockpot| Wt.1. +2 Cooking, potion brewing, and making medicine. Contains a mess kit and comes with a collection of containers for monster parts, unknown liquids, and acid. Gift from Isa.
  4. Box of Blue Volcanic Ash | Can be sold for 5 alchemical. Gift from Isa. Moss ain't selling it.
  5. Cookbook: Mistakes are Great| +1 to cooking rolls. Cookbook of delicacies in The Highlands. Gift from Isa.
  6. Flint and Steel | Make fire. Comes with a box of tinder.
  7. Isa's Toolbox | Wt. 1+2 Forging, building, tailoring, lock picking, and disabling traps. You can also excavate or gather more crafting resources = Artisan Skill Rank.
  8. Lashings | Advantage to Overcoming Difficult Terrain when set up. Rope or similar that's 50 ft. in length.
  9. Map (Ruins Raptor's Nest): +4 Survival if you are in the map region and if the map applies, such as: not getting lost, or finding the best hunting grounds.
  10. Ragnite Lantern | Wt.1. Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. or 60 ft. cone. Has a hood allowing you to lower the light to a dim 5 ft. radius. Runs on 1 ragnite power crystal for 1 year. Can change color of light. Can be hung on belt.
  11. Plush Sleeping Bag | Wt.1. Gives a comfy rest. +1 to Condition.

- CONSUMABLES -
  1. x12 Spices | +1 to cooking rolls. Includes seasoning such as salt. 1 spice may be added per 1 cooking roll.
    x30 Spices (stored in the tavern)
  2. x10 Fresh Ingredients (chilled)| Recently hunted meat, caught fish, picked fruits. Remains fresh for a day.
    x24 Fresh Ingredients
    (chilled) (stored in the tavern)
  3. x6 Rations | These are snacks and preserved meals, coffee, tea leaves, etc. that can be eaten or drank during a short rest, recovering 2 manna instead of just 1 without having anything to eat or drink. Lasts for 2 months.
  4. x4 Hygiene Kit: +1 Condition when used during a long rest. +1 to Crafting Disguises. Also contains cosmetics and all manner of bubble bath bombs.
  5. x6 Oil Flask | 1 pint. Can be used in combination with fire attacks, increasing the DC for "Burn" by +1.
  6. x6 Torch: Equipped in your off-hand or main hand. Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. Burns for an hour with a chance of being blown out in bad weather. DC 10 to avoid "Burn".
  7. x3 Trauma Kit : +2 to Healing rolls. DC 12 Knowledge check removes one affliction or improves health by 1. DC 14 stabilizes dying character. If affliction DC is less than 12, affliction is automatically removed. Every extra 1 hour performing the medical operation gives +1 to Trauma Kit rolls. Uses up a major action when used during battle.

- UNEQUIPPED GEAR -

1. Ghillie Suit: Wt. 1. +6 to Stealth checks in 1 specific terrain: Greenery. Doesn't stack with the stealth bonus from camouflaged light armor.
  2. Lance | Wt.1. +2 Combat. Light. At the start of your turn, before taking any actions, you can declare to add the hit bonus of your weapon to your Toughness instead of your attack roll until the start of your next turn. Made of steel with a staff decorated in oriental designs.
  3. Silk Shirt | Wt.1. +1 Toughness.

- MISCELLANEOUS-

1. Dorudon Soul Shard | Gift from Isa.
  2. Pocket Watch | Runs on ragnite. Has beautiful engravings and space on one side of the locket for a small photo or painting.
  3. x6 Cheap goods | 2 sets of worn clothes, old mess kit, vintage oriental kettle, wooden comb, pouch of drawing charcoal and chalks.
  4. x4 Common goods | 1 set of traveling clothes, 1 journal, Second-hand book: Ninjas of Love Vol. 1, Vial of Citrus Light

- JUNK -
  1. Scrap | Can be sold for 14 metal. When smelted and turned into steel ingots, can be sold for 24 metal. (stored in tavern)
  2. Scrap | Can be sold for 16 Metal. Or forged into steel ingots for 32 Metal. (stored in tavern)
  3. x5 Raptor claws | Bounty 25 alchemical each.

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“Ciros Labyrinth”​

Isa nodded, squeezing Moss’ hands before letting go as the merman took out his spell book. Patting his back comfortingly, giving him time to breathe. Once he was ready, the redhead listened to him. Being careful and freezing in place whenever Moss told him to. It was tense. He couldn’t breath at all, he was that scared to trigger an attack from the pair of raptors.

It wasn’t until Moss said ‘It’s okay, Isa’, did Isa relax and let out a quiet sigh. Reaching out to touch his back, in case the raptors attacked. He got closer to Moss as one of the raptors prowled around them. The redhead watched it cautiously with narrowed eyes. Listening to Moss and piecing what the conversation was based on his response. He quietly growled back when they hissed, wrapping his arms around Moss’ waist protectively. It wasn’t until Moss was talking to him, did Isa finally looked away from the raptor.

”. . . Follow her and kill it.” Isa muttered, looking at the hatchlings with a soft frown. “They were chased out from home by the Big Jaws. Might as well get them back home and have less beings dying needlessly.“

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
9c175d009711bd6fe20cdbeced40dd1a.jpg
- Big Jaw Territory -
" Two hours before sunset, Marshlands, The Highlands "
ark-park-2160x3840-tokyo-game-show-2017-screenshot-8k-15797 (1).jpg
Moss nodded, keeping a straight face. Despite their situation he felt giddy Isa was protective of him.

They turned south and followed the mama raptor while her mate and the hatchlings stayed behind. She was swift, crossing the rubble of the ruins and leaping up and across chasms with graceful ease. She led them the long way around the outskirt's of the labyrinth, through ancient hallways of old stone statues, machines overgrown with plants from an earlier age in history, and dark tunnels where the many eyes of bats winked at them from above.

They emerged from the ruins and into a wetter, marshier jungle in The Highlands, where the trees were larger and the monsters were more ancient. They pressed on past noon without stopping. Moss cast his charm spell again to keep up the enchantment on the mama raptor just to be safe, and struggled to keep up her. He had not run this fast this long since he was chased by that monster from the Void, and was finally forced to cast his spells once more to ask the mama raptor if they could rest. It was now a few hours before sunset.

"How-how far is the Big Jaws?" Moss gasped for breath, sitting on a giant tree root where the skull of some forgotten dinosaur was sticking out.

The mama raptor looked towards the huge mangroves where the bark had been stripped with long deep gashes by giant claws, growling.

"Will we get there before the sun, that light in the sky, goes down? Yes, the big hot firefly."

She swished her tail impatiently, snarling. Then looked towards the north where they came from.

"You're not going to come with us? Alright, we'll bring back its eyes."

With that the mama raptor turned around and simply left.

"She's not willing to go anywhere near the Big Jaws and she's going back home, so we're on our own, Isa. So . . . she said her home is many steps that way where the yummy fish and the annoying fish that spit live. And that at our pace, we won't be arriving there before sunset. I told her we'll be bringing back the Big Jaws eyes as proof that its dead. I think we need to track this thing by ourselves." he pointed at the tree with the claw marks. "That's one of its territory markings. Maybe we can find a big claw print somewhere near here."

Katsuya Katsuya
Health: Fresh | Toughness: 18 +2 R.E. | Spell Power: 13 |Manna: 5/5
Condition: 1

Weapon: Worn Seraph Blades | Wt.1. Dual-Wield daggers. +1 Combat. Once per turn, you can attack twice but each attack has -3 to combat rolls. No penalty if making only 1 attack. Two-handed.
Shield: Steel Shield | Wt.2. +2 Toughness. Round shield made of bronze, bonded with obsidian. The sides of the rim have little cut outs where Moss can rest his spear while his shield is up. In the center is a riveted decorative boss that can be changed with the emblem of the Iron Itsumade.
Armor: Oriental Armor: Wt. 1. +2 Toughness. Light leather armor.
Accessory I: Ghillie Suit: Wt.1. +6 to Stealth checks in 1 specific terrain: Ruins. Doesn't stack with the stealth bonus from camouflaged light armor.
Accessory II: Hiking Gear: Wt.1. +2 to climbing, traveling safely across the wilderness, and surviving noxious gases. Comes with a pair of crampons, pitons, hooks, ice axe, a hooded winter coat that's waterproof, and a firestorm shroud.

Alchemical = 38 | Metal = 6
Total Carrying Capacity: 12/25
Roleplay Points: 2

BAG OF FOLDING:
*Any clothes you put inside will come out clean, freshly ironed, pressed, and folded. Backpack +20 carrying capacity.
  1. Memento | A box made of blue coral with an engraving of him, two merman, and one mermaid. Moss stores his favorite tea blend here.
  2. Battle horn
  3. Blue Crockpot| Wt.1. +2 Cooking, potion brewing, and making medicine. Contains a mess kit and comes with a collection of containers for monster parts, unknown liquids, and acid. Gift from Isa.
  4. Box of Blue Volcanic Ash | Can be sold for 5 alchemical. Gift from Isa. Moss ain't selling it.
  5. Cookbook: Mistakes are Great| +1 to cooking rolls. Cookbook of delicacies in The Highlands. Gift from Isa.
  6. Flint and Steel | Make fire. Comes with a box of tinder.
  7. Isa's Toolbox | Wt. 1+2 Forging, building, tailoring, lock picking, and disabling traps. You can also excavate or gather more crafting resources = Artisan Skill Rank.
  8. Lashings | Advantage to Overcoming Difficult Terrain when set up. Rope or similar that's 50 ft. in length.
  9. Map (Ruins Raptor's Nest): +4 Survival if you are in the map region and if the map applies, such as: not getting lost, or finding the best hunting grounds.
  10. Ragnite Lantern | Wt.1. Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. or 60 ft. cone. Has a hood allowing you to lower the light to a dim 5 ft. radius. Runs on 1 ragnite power crystal for 1 year. Can change color of light. Can be hung on belt.
  11. Plush Sleeping Bag | Wt.1. Gives a comfy rest. +1 to Condition.

- CONSUMABLES -
  1. x12 Spices | +1 to cooking rolls. Includes seasoning such as salt. 1 spice may be added per 1 cooking roll.
    x30 Spices (stored in the tavern)
  2. x10 Fresh Ingredients (chilled)| Recently hunted meat, caught fish, picked fruits. Remains fresh for a day.
    x24 Fresh Ingredients
    (chilled) (stored in the tavern)
  3. x6 Rations | These are snacks and preserved meals, coffee, tea leaves, etc. that can be eaten or drank during a short rest, recovering 2 manna instead of just 1 without having anything to eat or drink. Lasts for 2 months.
  4. x4 Hygiene Kit: +1 Condition when used during a long rest. +1 to Crafting Disguises. Also contains cosmetics and all manner of bubble bath bombs.
  5. x6 Oil Flask | 1 pint. Can be used in combination with fire attacks, increasing the DC for "Burn" by +1.
  6. x6 Torch: Equipped in your off-hand or main hand. Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. Burns for an hour with a chance of being blown out in bad weather. DC 10 to avoid "Burn".
  7. x3 Trauma Kit : +2 to Healing rolls. DC 12 Knowledge check removes one affliction or improves health by 1. DC 14 stabilizes dying character. If affliction DC is less than 12, affliction is automatically removed. Every extra 1 hour performing the medical operation gives +1 to Trauma Kit rolls. Uses up a major action when used during battle.

- UNEQUIPPED GEAR -

1. Ghillie Suit: Wt. 1. +6 to Stealth checks in 1 specific terrain: Greenery. Doesn't stack with the stealth bonus from camouflaged light armor.
  2. Lance | Wt.1. +2 Combat. Light. At the start of your turn, before taking any actions, you can declare to add the hit bonus of your weapon to your Toughness instead of your attack roll until the start of your next turn. Made of steel with a staff decorated in oriental designs.
  3. Silk Shirt | Wt.1. +1 Toughness.

- MISCELLANEOUS-

1. Dorudon Soul Shard | Gift from Isa.
  2. Pocket Watch | Runs on ragnite. Has beautiful engravings and space on one side of the locket for a small photo or painting.
  3. x6 Cheap goods | 2 sets of worn clothes, old mess kit, vintage oriental kettle, wooden comb, pouch of drawing charcoal and chalks.
  4. x4 Common goods | 1 set of traveling clothes, 1 journal, Second-hand book: Ninjas of Love Vol. 1, Vial of Citrus Light

- JUNK -
  1. Scrap | Can be sold for 14 metal. When smelted and turned into steel ingots, can be sold for 24 metal. (stored in tavern)
  2. Scrap | Can be sold for 16 Metal. Or forged into steel ingots for 32 Metal. (stored in tavern)
  3. x5 Raptor claws | Bounty 25 alchemical each.
Art by Ioan Dumitrescu
Art from wallpaper.net

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“Marshlands, Highlands”​

Isa ran slightly behind Moss, keeping in pace as they followed the mama raptor. Using his ability to transport himself and Moss whenever there’s a huge log or rock that needs to be jumped over just to keep up with her. It lasted about two hours until finally the pair could rest. The redhead leaned against the large mossed covered skull, huffing quietly as the mama raptor informed Moss before running off. Back to where they came from.

Listening to the merman, the redhead hummed. Brows raised up. “That goes to show how scared the raptors are of this Big Jaws. Let’s rest for now before going on.” Isa suggested, stretching his limbs. “I haven’t run like that since physical exams from Gramps.”

He shuddered at the memory. “After we find a safe spot to camp—- a tree or cave would be good-, we can start searching for Big Jaws. If that’s a good idea? What do ya think?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Big Jaw Territory -
" Marshlands, The Highlands "

"That's a good idea, some place where Big Jaws can't reach us." He stood up, looking around. "I'll look this way. Let's come back to this spot if we've found a good place. I'll send you a message if I've found one."

For two hours Moss searched, and found an awesome tree, but to his surprise, when he went back to excitedly tell Isa who found a good place too, it ended up that they found the same place. Moss laughed. "So you like this kind of hideout too, huh?"

Katsuya Katsuya

49FEEDA2-29F8-4248-AE97-5606D2CF89A4.jpeg
- Isa Bianchi -
“Under the wise tree, Marshlands”​

Isa chuckled, cheeks tinted pink as he scratched behind his head. “Yeah~ I’ve heard from someone that the older the tree, the wiser it’s nature spirit is inside.” He shrugged his shoulders as they made their way back to the giant tree. Walking inside the small curved opening the roots made as they talked of the odd coincidences of finding and liking the same camping spot.

“I didn’t know you like this kind of hiding spots, Moss.” Isa grinned.

Inside is a hallowed space created by the gnarled roots weaving around each other tightly, having a few small openings at the ceiling, and dried dirt. Leaves from vines grew on one side of the space with a few flower buds barely opening. It’s a perfect spot to stay inside for a group of travelers to stay in.

“Thought that maybe the nature spirit of this tree will be nice and be hospitable.” The redhead said, breathing in the clean air that smelled like rain.

Art from Pinterest

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -
" Under the Wise Tree, Big Jaw Territory, Marshlands"

"I chose it for the dry hollow, to be honest, and the great view up there." he pointed at the small openings at the ceiling. He shrugged off his backpack, and untied the blue crockpot. "I heard a small waterfalls near the scratched up tree earlier, I'll get water for dinner, maybe bathe a little while we still have light." he took of his oriental armor and fanned his shirt that was sticking to his skin, looking at the sunset. "It's so humid in this area, I feel sticky all over."

Moss emptied his backpack save for his extra clothes and climbed down the tree with nothing but those, his gear, hygiene kit and the crockpot, jogging back to the scratched up tree and the dinosaur skull where he found the small waterfalls in a clearing next to some giant orange flowered plants. He took off his armor and clothes, save his dark patched up pants and dove in. He immediately swam up, disgusted. It was muddy and smelled and tasted of swamp. Was the falls better? Moss climbed under the cascade and was pleased that it wasn't so bad. At least it was cold, and he stood there under the waterfalls for a moment as the sun dipped down, closing his eyes, just listening to the soothing endless rumble of the falls around him, enjoying the water pounding on his back and shoulders like a massage.

He quickly washed his hair, picking a minty oil from his hygiene kit and a hair potion that smelled of honey and milk. He liked feeling clean, and slid his hair back, enjoy the drizzle on his face, before he splashed out, shoved his old and wet clothes in the bag of folding, changed, packed up, filled the crockpot with water, and quickly hiked back to the large tree.

"I think this water isn't that safe." he plonked it down, and searched for a hard surface where they can start a fire without burning the floor of their hollow. "I'm going to boil this for a good hour before we cook anything in it."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“Under the Wise tree, Marshlands”​

“R-right.” Isa stared at Moss‘ neck as droplets of sweat pooled on his flushed collarbone before looking away. Ears turning red as he cleared his throat. “Ya should go bathe then. Refresh yourself.”

Once Moss left, the redhead sighed in relief. Then he looked at his own sticky black shirt, scrunching the bridge of his nose. “ . . . I should probably too.“ He took off his coat, folding it, and tucking it in his bag; taking out his own crockpot. Then he cast an illusion over their items, making sure no one can see it.

Peeking out and sliding down the tree —- he tripped on a root—- Isa searched the nearby area and to his joy, found one of the streaming rivers. It was shallow enough to see the floor below the murky waters. Rolling his pants up, he dipped the crockpot in the gentle stream and filled it up. Carrying it back to the campsite, using a bit of magic to grow stubs on the tree like stairs and flattening them back in.

Taking the illusions off, he put the crockpot down and took out the rope. Tying it to the roots of the tree, feeling accomplished and relaxed, Isa took off his clothes, leaving on just his boxers. Happy to not feel the horrible sensation of clothes clinging on his skin. As much as he loves the heat, he dislikes the feeling of sticky clothes. After hanging his clothes to dry a bit, he went back to the crockpot and just poured the water over his head. Shivering a bit as he realized too late how cold the water is and just sat by the opening, air-drying. Thoughts raced in his head as he stared at the dying sunlight, counting the early stars he can see in the darkening sunsetting sky.

Suddenly, he ran back inside. Hiding his body in the piles of vines and leaves when Moss came inside carrying the crockpot. His head staying out of the vines with a blue flower on the side of his temple and autumn red hair, looking like he was wrapped inside the tree. He forgot to take his clean clothes out of his bag-! Aaaaahhhhhh-!

”N-not surprised. Hahah. We are in a swamp after all.” Isa replied casually, face flushed pink as he grinned.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss stared. "Are you . . . are you . . .?" he looked away, blushing furiously.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“Nope. Not at all.” Isa lied, his grin getting tense as his face turned into a bright hue of red. “Just wanted to be one with the tree.“

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss laughed. "Okay, I'll go outside and . . . look for some firewood and a slab of rock to build the campfire on." he left, carrying his lantern and the toolbox he borrowed from Isa with him. Though he looked back at him from the entryway, smiling and blushy, before he disappeared around the corner.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa smiled widely, giddy to hear the merman’s laugh.

With a nod, Isa watched Moss leave. His heart skipped a beat when he saw his smile and swooned. Leaves rustled as he came out from his hiding spot and searched in his bag. Trusting the merman to not come inside yet. He’s . . . Okay, they had that one night of showing his shoulders and arms to Moss, but that was in the dark. He wouldn’t have been able to see much even with the illusion of Southern lights above their heads. The redhead didn’t know how Moss will feel about clearly seeing the blackened parts of his skin under sunlight.

“He’d kiss my hands again. Maybe my shoulders too. . .” Isa muttered to himself, quirking a shy smile at the recent memory.

When he did return with a rock slab and a few sticks, Isa wore his comfy clothes. A regular black shirt with dark grey cotton pants. Surprisingly, he rolled up his sleeves and not wearing his gloves. Revealing the peachy splotches of normal skin on his elbows and biceps. “Welcome back, Moss. Here. Let me help.” He grabbed the sticks off his hands and started to help him build the firepit for their camp.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Hey, you're showing your scars!" said Moss, pleasantly surprised. He put the stone slab in place with a thud and then watched Isa assemble the sticks, sitting next to him, and counting the splotches of normal skin on his arm, memorizing them. Isa would suddenly feel his fingers gently tracing them. "You know, that language you were speaking to grant me protection this morning, what language was that?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back