• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] - To Stand Against the Crimson Tide

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Sure, but you can stunt any roll in exalted, including Join Battle. So by dramatically describing how you enter the frey or prepare for battle, you can award yourself a Minor stunt for 2 extra dice, or spend your Major stunt for two extra dice and a success.

Exalted has a mechanic whereby if you give a fun description of what your character does you get small mechanical rewards. In D&D you might say, "I roll initiative" or "I hit it with my axe". In Exalted you can say that, but if instead you say, "I duck and weave between the market stalls, and when my opponent's blade is stuck in a watermelon I take the opportunity to plant my axe squarely between his eyes!" then that's a stunt, and you get a bonus. A Minor stunt is +2 dice in your pool. A Major stunt is +2 dice and +1 Success. A Defining stunt is +2 dice and +2 Successes.

Normally the Storyteller adjudicates stunts in a game played live, but for forum play I've changed it so players award themselves stunts. Any time you feel you gave a fun description of your action you can grant yourself a Minor stunt for +2 dice. Once per Scene you can grant yourself a Major stunt on an action. Twice per Story (A collection of scenes that form a narrative) you can grant yourself a Defining stunt.

Last edited:
Looks great to me! Now you roll Wits + Awareness, and you can apply the Awareness Excellency or any other join battle charms you have.

Ah! No. If you examine the thread you'll see all dice rolls so far have been d10s. Exalted only ever uses d10s. If your pool is 3 Wits + 2 Stunt you roll 5d10. Any dice that are a 7-9 are a success, each 10 is two successes.

😂 not quite. You wanted to roll 5d10, five 10 sided dice. You rolled 3d2. It's challenging to roll a number higher than 6 on a 2 sided die, so you're definitely handicapping yourself.

Perfect! So that's 3 successes. Base initiative in Exalted is 3, so you're in at 6i, the same as Droplets.

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie waiting on you.
Do I know a ballpark range of numbers to Distort the Aurochs?

Sorry it's been a while waiting on me. I've been in the hospital with bilateral pneumonia fort the past week.

Do I know a ballpark range of numbers to Distort the Aurochs?

Sorry it's been a while waiting on me. I've been in the hospital with bilateral pneumonia fort the past week.
Oh my! My condolences! That sounds awful 😞.

Yes, I posted the difficulty to distort the Aurochs in its entry in the combatants spoiler in the post.

Another update on my medical status. I still have a lot of infected fluid in me. I have a operation tomorrow to go in and drain more fluid, so hopefully it will well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back