• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic [OOC] Sail the Stars : Living Quarters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Can you get me these by the end of the day then? Ammo too please.
x1 Owen Gun
x1 M1911
x2 M41A Pulse rifles
x1 M56 Smart Gun
x1 PPSH 41
x1 Mosin Nagant with Scope
Perfectly natural to buy firearms, but if there's something particularly difficult or expensive, or you want one firearm with multiple capabilities, maybe Del could sort something out, given the materials and a bit of time. I was just curious when you said 'built-in grenade launcher' because it sounded like a custom firearm that Del could very probably have good go at.
I'm not familiar with guns at all myself, though.
This is, of course, just a suggestion and reminder that Ray has a great engineer at his disposal, not anything to stop Ray from doing as he wishes. Unless ordered, Ray would be one of the only people he'd be comfortable making weaponry for, given it seems he has the discipline for handling such things.

Perfectly natural to buy firearms, but if there's something particularly difficult or expensive, or you want one firearm with multiple capabilities, maybe Del could sort something out, given the materials and a bit of time. I was just curious when you said 'built-in grenade launcher' because it sounded like a custom firearm that Del could very probably have good go at.
I'm not familiar with guns at all myself, though.
This is, of course, just a suggestion and reminder that Ray has a great engineer at his disposal, not anything to stop Ray from doing as he wishes. Unless ordered, Ray would be one of the only people he'd be comfortable making weaponry for, given it seems he has the discipline for handling such things.
Okay, thank you. Ray is only purchasing these to gift them out to the crew, as well as set them up around the ship as "Boarding repellant"

Okay, thank you. Ray is only purchasing these to gift them out to the crew, as well as set them up around the ship as "Boarding repellant"
Alright, it's good to know that at least he's not hoarding everything for himself. That would have been OP and also rejected. :) Now then, there's the question of finances. Aside from weapons, the ship also needs food supplies, fuel, potential repairs, Skrebi needs medicine for the crew etc. You will receive 1000 credits for the pirates upon presenting proof to the authorities, which according to Ray is less than a month's rent.

Would totally suck if the grocery got
compromised
It would totally suck if those who compromised the grocery disappeared, wouldn't it?
Alright, it's good to know that at least he's not hoarding everything for himself. That would have been OP and also rejected. :) Now then, there's the question of finances. Aside from weapons, the ship also needs food supplies, fuel, potential repairs, Skrebi needs medicine for the crew etc. You will receive 1000 credits for the pirates upon presenting proof to the authorities, which according to Ray is less than a month's rent.
Wait, just me? Or everyone in the crew got 1000 each?

I didn't mean to be inflammatory so, I'm sorry about that. In my Star Trek Adventures tabletop, Del always had really fun interactions regarding weaponry, especially because he is a coward and the less guns the better in his book. But, of course, he's not blind to the fact that they're necessary. At one point, the XO asked him to restore a 'display' weapon which, if it was functional, would be very illegal. Del did it, given it was an order, and from then on we had a really illegal piece of kit just sitting in the XO's office. Only the XO and Del knew the weapon actually worked.

He's probably got a pretty good level of knowledge of weapons in this RP, but there would still be real potential for an interesting interactions. Del isn't above doing immoral things if he believes they're for the greater good. He'd break laws and rules if the greater good is in question. And he's an overambitious, obsessive engineer who can't stop chasing new tech. At least the Borg don't exist in this RP (as far as I know).

ROFL, you get 1000 total, you silly goose!

I would crack my fingers and produce a smirk that suggests we would GET much more but I'm currently not capable to make good on what these gestures would suggest. Also, I'm not actually aware of the fact that the crew is getting paid for these guys, which is most unfortunate.

I didn't mean to be inflammatory so, I'm sorry about that. In my Star Trek Adventures tabletop, Del always had really fun interactions regarding weaponry, especially because he is a coward and the less guns the better in his book. But, of course, he's not blind to the fact that they're necessary. At one point, the XO asked him to restore a 'display' weapon which, if it was functional, would be very illegal. Del did it, given it was an order, and from then on we had a really illegal piece of kit just sitting in the XO's office. Only the XO and Del knew the weapon actually worked.
Yeah... Ray is not getting searched by TSA anytime soon:

The crew practically one-shot them. If you want more money, the difficulty will also be upped significantly.
Deal

There's actually a possible high difficulty mission
Which has very fluid reward table
If this is the strange SOS call, I reckon that would give practically everyone in the rp some interesting things to do. I can already imagine loads of interactions for my guys, as well as medical and pilots.

Dangit! Ostinato beat me to the new guys!
Is fine is fine! Del @ed Sarah just to be professional, though he knew the intercom went round the whole ship.
Go go go, have a pilot party indeed. He's gonna pull Skrebi off anyway so ol Alyx is going to be alone.

Is fine is fine! Del @ed Sarah just to be professional, though he knew the intercom went round the whole ship.
Go go go, have a pilot party indeed. He's gonna pull Skrebi off anyway so ol Alyx is going to be alone.
I was halfway through editing post and you came in zooming by with a behemoth of a post! I gotta work on my writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back