• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy OOC chat

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Shadeofshade Shadeofshade How well can I hit Goblin C with a Ray of Frost? Is the goblin behind decent cover? Think 30ft movement and 60 ft range are barely enough to be in range (if I'm ending my movement in front of the wagon, to the right).

I had 4B in mind, unless either of the other two gives me better view at goblin C.

Silanon Silanon
OK so, I've been doing the bushes as not thick enough to give any half protection but thick enough for them to hide in or behind. If you are at spot 4B then you would have moved 25 feet and the spell range for Goblin C would be 55 feet, in range for a Ray Of Frost. Is that what you want to do?

Sounds good to me - let me get a short post up.

Well - that roll is impressively bad. Good thing we have our healer/melee-monstrosity hybrid Gurk with us...

I just realised that I had Psychie go before D. Rex and Goblin B and I'm sorry. I a big dumb dumb. You can go next D. Rex and I will not worry about Goblin B's turn.

I was tempted to have the Goblin think that the wagon didn't have a name and that it was just called "moving wooden box".

I was tempted to have the Goblin think that the wagon didn't have a name and that it was just called "moving wooden box".
Well MWB is just an anagram for BMW.

Question! If my warlock went with pact of the chain. And got one of their familiars. If I chose an octopus, would I have to carry it around in a bowl of water or would magic sustain it?

I'll be hoist, I don't know. I'll look it up but if I was to make an educated guess then I would say that it would be sustained with magic alone. Like I sad though, I don't know so I'll look it up to double check.

I'll be hoist, I don't know. I'll look it up but if I was to make an educated guess then I would say that it would be sustained with magic alone. Like I sad though, I don't know so I'll look it up to double check.
I domt mind either way! Was just checking to see what can be done with a familiar. I'm torn between choosing between a raven or octopus.

OK, so I've looked around and everywhere I looked didn't make sense to me so I'll make my own call on the matter. The Familiar will be needing Magic to survive and that is it for maintaining one and not summoning one as I do believe there are things you need to summon one unless someone can point me to something that says otherwise that is official. Also if you do get a familiar that is, using what you asked about as an example, an octopus or something else that lives in the water then it will gain disadvantage on rolls when in a hot or cold place, for example a desert or the top of a mountain, and gain advantage on rolls when in water. Please make sure you tell me what familiar you want if you want to get one.

OK, so I've looked around and everywhere I looked didn't make sense to me so I'll make my own call on the matter. The Familiar will be needing Magic to survive and that is it for maintaining one and not summoning one as I do believe there are things you need to summon one unless someone can point me to something that says otherwise that is official. Also if you do get a familiar that is, using what you asked about as an example, an octopus or something else that lives in the water then it will gain disadvantage on rolls when in a hot or cold place, for example a desert or the top of a mountain, and gain advantage on rolls when in water. Please make sure you tell me what familiar you want if you want to get one.
I'll definitely let you know. When I reach level 3.

Given that her Patron is an underwater boi,I feel it would make more sense to have a water based familiar. But unfortunately their usefulness tends to be limited I most campaigns.

Then again! I've never been been known to take the smart options, and it would be fun to give Gurk more things to complain about :p

Sherwood Sherwood Hey buddy - you can't just begin hitting stuff all of the sudden. We had this perfect narrative going, and now you suddenly smash skulls, too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back