• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy OOC chat

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I have made the edit to the post, that goblin is not having a good day. To be specific, I mean the post that I have yet to make on the results.

Short rule question: Are we supposed to know the exact results of all those attack rolls? Just asking because some systems hide those, I believe - and it makes stuff like my shield spell indefinitely more useful if one only casts it if it actually makes a difference.

Psychie Psychie
I'll do that, thank you for the suggestion.
Silanon Silanon
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but, to make things simple, when in combat you can roll the hit die and damage die on your post to make things simple. That is if you even need to roll a hit die for your spells, in that case please post what the spell save DC is and what kind of save it is along with your damage die roll. This way I can do the necessary calculations. Does that awnser your question?

It does not - sorry, the question wasn't as clear as I intended. I meant this:

Goblin C Shortbow Attack 7+4=11 vs Gurk AC 16
Gurk Wins

The shield spell on my sheet grants me a +5 bonus on AC when cast, as a reaction; now if we always get to see the rolls as detailed as here, I have the benefit of only ever casting that spell if it actually changes the outcome (i.e. I don't need to bother casting it if +5 ac would still not be enough to make a difference). That's why I'm asking whether we are supposed to have that information, or not. Does that make more sense now?

Right, OK, I think I get what you mean now. So, using Gurk's AC as an example, with the shield spell it would be an AC of 21 and if nothing could hit higher than or equal to that roll then would their be a point to seeing the result. I double checked and there is as if the attacker rolls a nat 20 then the attack hits regardless, even if they have say -1 to their Str modifier as stated in the PHB page 194. Did I interpret that right and did I awnser your question?

Hey D. Rex D. Rex ! You're up, bud! Mor'du is interested in playing thwack-a-mole with the goblins, and I can't do that until Delly goes!

Yes, the one right in front of Gurk that he just thwacked.

Up in front and to the right of Gurk, hoping to keep Mor'du as the target of goblin D instead of Gurk.

One more square forward and that will be right. Thank you.

That is one thing I like about Mor'du. His sword strikes do a lot of damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back