• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy On Thunders Wings

"The Townsteader? Thats not terrible, but I think we can do better." He mumbled for a moment before sighing dissatisfied with whatever he was trying to concoct in his head, and he put it aside for a moment to focus on the other question.

"Yeah, all guilds have names, registered ones anyways. Technically we aren't a guild, just two sell swords working together. A guild has a few requirements to function here. One is coin, obviously. The title of guild comes with perks, and its rewarded to those who can afford it. Perks like getting better jobs and discounts at stores for equipment. They also have a lot more power in negotiating jobs and pay, and they have access to healing here at discounted prices. The only cost is 30gp monthly to the society of swords: the organization that really heads all of the mercenary work around here. And the other requirement is that guilds can be made up of no fewer than three members. It wasn't always that way, but its become a safety precaution for tough job vetting. If there weren't restrictions, we would lose a lot more swords simply because new swords are too prideful and don't take realistic jobs for their skill level."

For a moment he sat in thought, thinking about his own guild. All they would need is one more member and they could apply.

"If we got a new member, we could make a guild. We could even apply for sponsorship through contest at the shattersword." He looked at Bea and remembered her past, quickly amending his words. "The Shattersword is the local pit fighting ring, also known as the proving grounds. They have bouts there for many reasons, like guild debates or demonstrations. Prospecting guilds can also take on a fight to show their skills in front of benefactors to pick up sponsorships." He explained.

"Then, we could have a guild name. Like... the dragonflies, or something cool and catchy: something people will remember and ask for by name. That how you become famous adventurers."

Bea listened thoughtfully as Sylas described the way guilds worked in Samu-Keev. She wondered if it was like that everywhere, but then again, from what she knew, this was the main place to be for adventurers and swords for hire. "Money and another member," she mumbled to herself. That seemed doable, but she wasn't incredibly optimistic about the potential for easily getting a third member. It was hard to imagine their little duo being a trio.

At his example of the 'Dragonflies,' she giggled again. "Like my wings? We'd have to pick something that incorporated all of us, I'd think." She smiled and sank deeper into her armchair. She was all curled up in it with a blanket like a small ball of purple yarn. Her wings were tucked neatly behind her in a way that they didn't get crushed by the back of the chair. She was still getting used to how to do typical everyday things with them attached and found that it could be truly annoying if they snagged on something or were crumpled. It wasn't too incredibly painful, but they did take a while to heal on their own.

Bea thought more about guilds and quests and the potential for expanding their party and as she did, the night got later and she grew more tired. However, with a yawn, a question popped into her mind. "Sylas, I don't know if I've asked this before, but you're a talented fighter and get along with people really easily. Why aren't you already in a guild? I'm sure any group would take you in a heartbeat." She had seen his prowess in battle and meant what she said, any team would be lucky to have Sylas.

Sylas's chuckled. "A few have tried to recruit me, but I've turned them all down. Not like I couldn't use the money... I don't really know why. Sometimes I guess I don't like the idea of working for a rich man and not having a say in my life or what I do. Sometimes I feel like other people might slow me down, or vice versa." His mind flashed back to his past, and a pang of guilt snuck up on him as well. Maybe people wouldn't care for him after they learned he wasn't perfect...

"It's not that I wouldn't or I'm morally opposed to it. Maybe I am more picky with who I want to team up with. Like you." He gave her a warm smile. "Your tough as nails and kind hearted and beautiful as well. How could I turn you down? That, and I swore I would stay by you until your memory returned." He chuckled.

"I guess if I was being honest though, strategically a mage of some sort would be helpful for us. Neither of us have a supreme grasp on the world of magic, so having someone who could support us there would be helpful. A healer too. I know there are some clerics who travel. The problem is most wizards are incredibly arrogant and most priests are aloof and judgmental. I don't know, maybe I'm too picky." He shrugged.

Bea blushed and burrowed further into her blanket at the compliment, only her eyes peering over at him over the top of it. She felt as though she was not as good and valuable as he made her out to be. She felt vulnerable and incomplete like she could disappear at a moment's notice. She admittedly thought she was a decent fighter and undoubtedly had some weird potential... she thought back to the whispery echo of herself, slaying the roper before vanishing. But she was also a little hopeless in trying to figure out this world without help. Sylas seemed to happily take on that task, but Bea felt like a burden.

"You really don't have to stay with me if you don't want to. That promise was before we knew this couldn't be fixed." Her voice came through as a muffled mumbled through the blanket as she rubbed her head for emphasis. She pulled the blanket back down but averted her eyes sheepishly. "I am really happy to be here, and all of this, " she gestured around her, "is more than I could have hoped for. I just hope that I'm not the one that slows you down." She smiled sadly. Normally, she was more confident and bubbly, but yesterday's events left her feeling a little raw and disconnected. The high of their first successful fight paled slightly in the wake of the uncertainty of the future. She was sure she'd get over this gloom once they embarked on their next journey tomorrow, but for now, it was fresh and jumbled in her mind.

Sylas could tell she slumped back down in gentle dismay. It made sense, her discomfort. It wasn't like it would vanish in a week and she would never feel sad again. There was a sense of frustration he kept feeling every time she felt unhappy: a sensation of not being able to fix the problem Sometimes, you just have to accept those feelings and let them go, and focus on being there for that person. Brianna had always been someone who was there for other people first, something he had grown up admiring about her.

"I meant what I said, and I'm more than capable of making my promises and sticking to them. Besides, you. aren't slowing me down at all. If anything, I'm going to have to keep up with you. Your swordsmanship, your magic, your flight? You can do it all. Hell, if it weren't for you I would have been a stain on a mine floor."

Sylas rose from his seat and walked past Bea, ruffling her hair gently as he passed. "I know you might feel lost, or confused, or maybe even down from time to time, and I know I wont always be able to just.. fix it. But I mean this when I say I'm glad you are here, and I want you here. I wanted you here when I had a shack on a dock and when we started renting this corner home. Thats the truth, and if you ever doubt yourself, just think of this moment. You are my partner, Bea, for better or for worse. That was my decision and yours, and I don't regret it. Now, let's head off to bed. Big day tomorrow and the moons not getting any lower." He smiled warmly, enjoying the sensation of company, and headed for the squeaky stairs, before making his way up to the first room down the hall and slipping into the soft silk sheets of his new bed. In minutes of hitting the pillow, his soft snores began to drift through the night air.

Bea smiled with his reassurance. She did feel a little better knowing that Sylas thought of her differently than how she saw herself. As he went for the stairs, she quietly replied, "Thank you Sylas, goodnight." She remained there for a few moments after he'd gone.

Eventually, she pulled herself up from the chair and took the blanket up to her room. On the way, she passed the private bathroom that was also a part of their new home. She considered it for a moment and figured she wasn't quite tired yet. Bea gathered a change of clothes as well as the brush and the skin cream that Brianna had given to her and went back to the bathroom. It took some time to figure out how to fill it with heated water and it turned out to be a bigger process than she originally thought, with bringing buckets of hot water from the dark kitchen, up the stairs, to the candle-lit bathroom. Eventually, it was filled and she sank into the water comfortably with a soft sigh of relief. She didn't have any soap, but the warm water was relaxing enough on its own. She soaked until the bath became cold, lost in thought about the future and what it might hold for her and Sylas.

Once she was dressed again, she dried her hair, leaving it down in damp lilac waves, and headed off to bed. Once comfortably in the sheets, she fell into restful sleep quickly. Her worries from before melted into dreams of calm waves on the frothy ocean outside.

Sylas was the first to rise the next morning, feeling better rested than he had in months. Sylas made his bed with care, the only thing he could do to repay the thing that had coddled him softly all night and left him feeling so refreshed. He almost felt spoiled, and knew that he could never sleep on the road the same knowing what it was like to have a real bed.

The sun was starting to rise as he headed down the creaky stairs, which he tried to do quietly. (Stealth 22) He missed most of the creaks and the few he hit were muffled well, keeping things mostly quiet. He drew the curtains away and let in the rising sun light into the home. He picked out some of the food they had stored in their pantry and set about making a light but healthy breakfast. (Chefs tools 17) after a while he felt satisfied and left the dishes on the counter for Bea to rise. He strolled out back towards the small stable and greeted the horses, who exhaled loudly out of their noses and shook their heads as he pet them. He took food and water and got them prepped for the day. While they ate, he grabbed a bucket of water and a brush and began to wash Arther while sitting on a turned over bucket.

In the morning, Bea stirred with a reluctant groan, rolling around in the sheets to try to wake herself up. A part of her wished they could stay and enjoy their new home longer, while another was anxious and cited about the job ahead. They wouldn't be able to keep their new place if they couldn't pay the bills, after all. With another huff, she rolled out of bed, her two small feet hitting the floor with a thump. She stretched the last bits of drowsiness away and packed her things, dressing into her gear for the day ahead.

Glancing over her hand-held mirror, she gave her hair a disapproving look. It had dried funny and curlier in some spots, but she decided to not pull it up into her normal space-bun hairstyle. She simply brushed out the funky parts and headed downstairs. The smell of cooked food washed over her like a warm welcome and she smiled as she saw breakfast already prepared and set out onto the counter. She glanced around for her tall green companion, but he wasn't around. Outside maybe? Either way, he hadn't gone far, as the food was still warm when she took her first bite.

Once she finished breakfast, she cleaned and put away the plates and cookware. With her travel backpack slung over her small shoulders, she set about looking for Sylas. She found him almost immediately as she stepped out the backdoor and looked towards the small stable kept in the back. He was sitting on a bucket brushing his horse, his back turned to her (Perception: Natural 20). A sly grin curled on her face as she began to creep forward in an attempt to spook him, but Arthur, clearly wise to Bea's shenanigans gave an agitated huff, shaking his head in her direction and stamping a hoof (Stealth: 12).

Last edited:
Sylas pet Arthur gently and looked back, seeing Bea walking up behind him. He smiled with joy. "Good morning! I hope you found breakfast in there and you liked it. Your hair looks lovely by the way." He offered sincerely. He stood up with a small groan and plopped the brush into the water bucket, and took the towel off his shoulder to dry his hands.

"I have a few more things to grab but then I'll be ready to ride: You?" He looked down at her with a comfortable stance.

Bea mentally swore at not being able to sneak up on Sylas. This time, she thought. Despite this, she gave him a big smile at his compliment. "Good morning. Breakfast was wonderful, thank you. I didn't even hear you get up." She yawned and looked over the horses that had already had a morning meal themselves. They seemed content and equally ready for the day ahead.

"I'm ready whenever you are. I packed my things a bit ago." She adjusted her bag on her shoulders, getting used to its weight. "Do we need a map or anything? Have you been to Bandor before?" As they spoke, Bea opened the back door and followed Sylas back into the house.

"No, I haven't been there before, and I don't have a map. We could try and pick one up, but I am pretty sure I know the way well enough. South on the Cerulean trail and take a left at the major fork." Sylas sounded confident, but he had never been there before.

He had, however, heard of it. "Bandor's a small town that was once an empire fort that looks over the Seft pass. Its the only land pass over the Blair river for weeks. Anywhere else and its either swim or get a boat." (history 18) He stepped inside with Bea, gathering up his pack and checking all his provisions. "These days its a local land pass for trade routes and theres good farmland around the watershed. There will be lots of merchants there most likely, and plenty of mercenaries on a lot of different jobs. We should fit right in. " He nodded as he felt satisfied, and strapped on his sword to his back, and slung his pack over top. This was going to be a good job: bit of a long one, but the coin would be great and they would have this nice home to return to.

"Should we have someone care for our home while were away?" He asked, suddenly curious. "I've never needed a home care taker before but maybe we should hire someone..."

Bea listened with intense interest as he described Bandor. There was still a lot she didn't know about the different places and countries. She made a mental note to have Sylas give her a history lesson sometime. She was also particularly excited to see the river. Bea had seen the ocean and small streams, but a lobe of rushing water that spanned wide, cutting through land also sounded like a sight to see.

At his follow-up question though, she shrugged. "I don't think we need one, do you? We don't really have anything to steel or care for." She gestured around the mostly empty space and dusty furniture. "The house will be fine, I think. It'll be here when we get back." She flashed him a big smile and waited for him to finish gathering his things. Once he was ready, they walked outside once more and loaded up the horses.

On horseback, they made their way through the sleepy morning on-goers in town. The air smelled of dew and freshly baked bread which made Bea feel relaxed and uplifted. She decided then and there, that that had to be her favorite smell in the whole world. As they passed through the market district, Bea nudged her horse closer to Sylas's. "Did you wanna stop to get a map before we head out?"

Sylas nodded. "Its probably a good idea." He stopped by a local store he knew sold some on the road equipment, including maps, and snagged one for 2 gold. In no time at all they were back on horse and on the road, and eventually they passed through the familiar southern gate towards Samu Sett and Edhellis. Several guards were sitting around a box, playing dragon chess and holding some warm mugs of something that had steam rising from it. The younger guard still standing in uniform nodded at them both as they road out of the city. Horses seemed to give them more authority, or maybe it was credibility: either way, no guard was stopping them today for questioning.

Sylas and Bea trotted down the familiar coastline, sunny as before, with its rolling green hillsides beside the ever expanding glittering shoreline, and the trees and the roaming animals. It was peaceful, and even a little chilly with the early morning sea breeze that rushed in quickly up the hills. Sylas pulled his cloak deeper around himself to break the wind as best as he could. The sun light helped, but there were many low hanging clouds that cast large swaths of shade over them, keeping the heat at bay for some time.

Sylas looked over at his cloak-less friend, whom he was sure was suffering from the brisk chill of the wind. I bet she's cold He thought decisively, and undid his cloak from around his neck, handing it over to Bea. "Here" He offered. "You can wear mine until the wind breaks or we crest a hill." It was much too large for Bea and well worn, but it had fur around the neck and was thick enough to have some weight to it, making it good for a variety of travel purposes. And, like most of Sylas's things, it was well maintained.

One thing that Bea swore she'd never get used to was the spectacular views of the Celeste coast. Though a bit daunting, even she admitted the ocean was breathtaking. Riding horseback, the features moves by a bit quicker and couldn't be as thoroughly appreciated, but still, she was grateful for a faster means of travel. She knew she had the stamina to walk for days, but she certainly didn't prefer to go for long treks on foot.

Today was cooler than the previous ones Bea had experienced, the breeze coming off the sea come from someplace less warm and welcoming than the coast she'd grown accustomed to. Just as goosebumps began to raise all over her exposed skin from the chill, Sylas, almost psychically, offered his oversized cloak. It was big enough to cover Bea and the back half of her horse, who also seemed to appreciate the extra layer of protection. "Thank you. I didn't expect it to get chilly here." She grew quiet and thoughtful for a moment before adding, "I don't have any memory of seasons, but somehow I know about them. What are winters like here in Celeste? Is it usually pretty warm year-round?" Bea was struck by the incredibly odd sensation of knowing about a phenomenon without having any memory of it. This happened from time to time, like wondering about seasons and sword-fighting and what sort of food she liked, even when she had done or experienced those things yet.

Sylas stifled a shiver at the briskness of the cold. He would make a point to take Bea out to get a cloak on their return. He should have thought of it before, but it was a little unseasonably cold for this point in late spring. He leaned back on Arthur and held the reigns with loosely, looking back over at his fairy companion. Sometimes, he forgot that she had simply washed up on the shore, with no memory of so many things.

"Well... It gets chilly in the winter for sure. We dont get any snow here, not like in Fett. But it gets a little rainy and dreary, and chilly for sure. It's a bit of a downer for most people, but I don't mind the rain or the cold. I like making fires and getting dry after being cold and wet. Plus you can make a lot of hot stews and drinks like mulled wine that go well during that season." He smiled, thinking about last winter and the food he shared with Brianna and Susanna.

"Summers are hot. Springs can be but they can be cool like today. We get a decent amount of storms then too. Autumn is beautiful. The trees in the Blair wood are fantastic colors, but it gets a little chilly then. But its mostly dry, so its more enjoyable. There is also a lot of festivals in fall and spring. It will be summer fully next month, and thats when it starts to get really hot. However, the ocean breeze makes it nice most of the time. The coast really is beautiful."

A ways ahead, as they crested a hill, a small brown spot on the road came into view. It was a little to far to tell at this point, but Sylas squinted at it and noted it for as they approached.

Bea looked forward to seeing the different seasons as Sylas described them. The coast was certainly beautiful and the idea of seeing it in its other iterations sounded exciting. However, she also wanted to travel and see a lot more than just the coast.

As they got a higher elevation and Sylas pointed out something on the road up ahead, Bea nodded, making note of it, waiting to get closer. She supposed that she could fly and scout ahead, but if Willow got spooked while she was scouting, then that would be bad. Also, rationally, it could be some ordinary travelers just like Sylas and Bea were. If that were the case, it's wasn't worth frightening a random bunch of people by flying through the sky, as she'd been told that fairies are exactly common here.

The two of them rode for 15 minutes before being able to really get a look at the scene ahead. Forward about 100 yards was a wagon tilted off the side of the road, missing a wheel. It seemed like there were two people by it, but it wasn't until they rode closer that they could get a better look. They were halflings; only 3ft tall, the both of them. Their cart had indeed taken some damage on the road, and one of the wheels was busted. Their horse grazed in the field near by, but the two halflings (a man with farmers clothing and his wife swaddling a small baby) seemed distraught and cold to say the least. As Sylas and Bea rode closer, The man visibly pushed his wife behind his back in a protective manner.

Sylas rode forward slightly and nodded at the couple. "Fine morning to you folks. Having some cart trouble?" He offered kindly. He knew they would not trust many strangers on the road, and they were wise to do so. For all they knew, Sylas and Bea could be bandits, or worse. Half orcs and Fairies were not common folk and not many things were known about them.

"I suppose we are, heh." He chuckled dryly and nodded back at the duo. "Names Peter. This is my wife, Gladys. We sold our farm on the upper planes and were making for Samu-Sabriar, but we ended up damaging the cart on a nasty rock back a ways."

Sylas looked down and adjusted himself, slipping off the side of the saddle and landing on both feet, a good 3 and a half or so feet above Peter. He looked over the wheel Peter had spoken off. The spokes were in bad condition and the wheel itself was no longer balanced. It would take a little bit of skill to fix it for sure.

Sylas turned back to Bea and as quietly as he could speak, whispered up to her on her horse. "I don't suppose you happen to be an expert carpenter as well?"

Last edited:
Bea made a friendly smile toward the family as she and Sylas approached. She hadn't met many halflings yet, so this was probably a first for both the family as well as for Bea. At Sylas's prodding, Bea looked dubiously at the wheel. Unlike the innate comfortability she had with swordsmanship and fighting, wood and building things didn't strike any sort of cords with her (Intelligence Check: 13). "I'm not sure..." She murmured back quietly to her companion.

Bea fluttered off of her horse and onto the ground, petting Willow to calm her as she dismounted. She smiled again at the couple and introduced herself. "Hello, I'm Bea, and this is Sylas. We're sell-swords from Samu-Keev. I'm not really skilled with carpentry, but we can try to help you if you'd like?" She wasn't quite sure what they were to do in a situation like this, but they were obviously a little timid about strangers. Bea, however, felt a soft feeling in her chest it was strange to her at first, until she realized that she'd felt it before when telling Sylas that she had a yearning to help people. It was compassion.

Gladys seemed to watch in awe as Bea fluttered down with her wings. Peter whistled and smiled, and he turned away from them both to look at the cart. "Actually, a few spare set of hands might be all I need. Someone to hold up the cart, and maybe move somethings in place while I do some repairs. Think you can give us a hand?"

Sylas nodded, not even needing to ask Bea if she was ok with it. "We're happy to help."

"Great!" He exclaimed, and stumbled off to grab a small bag of tools, and he returned and got low to the ground to get closer to the wheel and axle. "Alright, of you can just lift this cart for a few minutes..."

Sylas leaned forward and put his hands beneath the cart. (Athletics 12) Sylas began to strain, grunting slightly, The cart moaned and creaked, shifting slightly, but not quite where Peter wanted it. Sylas could feel himself straining, and he braced his feet and put his shoulder to the side, pushing as hard as he could. "Bea.. do you mind giving me a quick hand?" He asked sheepishly as he pressed harder.

Bea beamed at the couple as they accepted their help and happily went over beside Sylas to assist in lifting. With the two of them, trained muscles and honed fortitudes combined, they were able to get the cart propped up enough for Peter to start to work on the wheel (Athletics: Natural 20). Once Peter went to work, Bea shot Sylas a big grin. "Not so good with carpentry either?" She teased him as they held the cart.

A few moments went by and a few beads of sweat began to form on both of their foreheads. Bea was stronger than average, but she was ultimately built for speed rather than strength and her grip eventually began to waiver. Sylas on the other hand, was practically built for this sort of thing. At times, she envied his large stature in comparison to her small one but reminded herself that they simply excelled at different things. After another few moments, there was a clang as Peter dropped a couple of the loose spokes he was fixing, "Crumble cakes, I almost had it. A little longer, you two, I'm almost there."

Bea's arms were beginning to tremble and sink, and Sylas was visibly straining as he began to take on more and more of the load. She concentrated harder, squeezing her eyes shut. Just pretend you're big and strong like Sylas, she thought, and then almost instinctively... almost like... magic... Bea released one hand from the cart and patted her chest. It was a strange, almost involuntary reaction, but in an instant, she began to physically, literally grow. She became a more enlarged version of herself and suddenly, holding the cart up was much easier, in fact, she was holding it a little higher than Sylas was. "WHOA!" She exclaimed in both amazement and shock. "What- how... What did you do?" Bea looked down at Sylas. DOWN!? At Sylas!? Sylas hadn't moved and, in a way, she knew she was responsible for this effect, but how? Did she know magic all of a sudden!?

Sylas watched as Bea expanded rapidly, doubling in size. He heard the squeak of terror from both halflings as she grew, but he was less concerned with that and more concerned with her... doing magic, he guessed. She really could do it all. "Me?!" He said indigently. "I didn't do anything, this is all you! Guess you're a magician too." Sylas felt proud most all of the time Bea excelled at things, but this time he was almost irked. Was she really good at everything? Who was she?

Sylas scolded himself for letting his mind wander and gripe. Bea was his teammate and their work was together, though he couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that she was also able to be strong too. In a weird immature way, he was beginning to understand Bea feeling like a burden: She didn't even really need him for anything. Thats not true, you are being ridiculous. He thought once more, and shoved the whole thing out of his head.

Peter had recovered almost instantly to the display, and gave Bea a huge grin and a thumbs up. "THATS GREAT! Just like that, keep her up you two. Alright, we put this there and this... goes here.. no, here. Yeah that's better. Aaaaand..... we're done!" He clapped his hands and stepped back, and Sylas released the Cart with Bea, letting it set down gently. The wheel creaked gently, but held true.

"That was amazing! Thank you both so much, Bea and Sylas." He looked up at them both, but particularly at Bea, seeming to wait for her to come down.

Last edited:
As Peter finished his repairs and the cart was sent gently back down, Bea's concentration dissipated and her large form deflated. Once she'd returned to her normal size, she patted herself all over, still in disbelief, to make sure she was still in one piece and no part of her was still giant mutated. "That was really weird," she mumbled to herself. She shook off the shock though and gave Peter an acknowledging nod. "You did most of the work, Sir. I'm glad you guys can get back on the road again safely."

Bea looked over to Sylas and noticed he was making a weird face, but she couldn't tell if he was sore from holding the cart for so long as she was, or if he was thinking something unpleasant. She gave him a reassuring tug on the sleeve and smiled at him. Looking up at him once more made her realize she certainly preferred this angle rather than being the one who towered over everyone else. Regardless, she made a note to herself to tease him about that little patch of grey he had on the top of his head later.

"You are heading south? Here, at least have this: Its not much, but its something." Peter went into the cart and produced a small cloak, one the size of a young kid, or a small halfling or fairy, and he handed it to Bea. Gladys made her way forward as well, and nodded at them both. "Thank you for your help! It's not everyday we find selfless travelers on the coast. If you are ever near Sabriar, please come and visit us. We are setting up a shop near town to raise our child, Miles." She leaned the baby forward to be seen by both Sylas and Bea: He was sleeping soundly close to her chest.

Sylas nodded. "It was nothing, honest. And, if we are in town we will make sure to stop by." He watched as they both saddled up and began to head off with some pace, and after they had gotten a little ways ahead, Sylas turned to Bea. "So.... I'm assuming you did not know you could do that?"

"Thank you!" Bea exclaimed when presented with the cloak. It fit her surprisingly well... or perhaps not that surprising given her small frame. Much to her disdain, children's sizes did tend to fit well on Bea. "We certainly will stop and say hi," Bea replied, waving to them happily as they set off down the road once more.

Bea turned to Sylas, her eyes going wide again from barely contained shock. "No! I didn't know I could do MAGIC!? Do fairies do magic!? Do you know how ridiculous it feels to not know how to operate your own body?" Bea threw her hands in the air in a huff. She wasn't angry at Sylas, but more frustrated that surprises kept being sprung on her... things that she ought to already know about herself. "Sorry," she continued. "I didn't mean to yell, I'm just..." She trailed off with a sigh, before turning away from him and kicking a rock on the road.

"It's really cool, and useful, I'm sure. But sometimes it's like forgetting how to walk and then waking up running a race." She kicked another rock, sending it flying into the grassy fields beyond. "I don't think I'm like those other people you talked about before, the wizards that know a bunch of spells and spend years studying. I think It just comes with the territory," she motioned to her wings by flicking the edge of one of them, which hurt, making her wince.

"Well..." Sylas took his own cloak back, gracious to have the cover. "I don't think you should be too hard on yourself. I understand the frustration, or at least I think I do. But everything you do is really amazing. You are something special." He nodded in agreement to his own statement and turned, gently rising back up onto Arther.
"Let's get back on the road." He said, eager to keep them pushing. The trip would be long and the Chimera wasn't taking breaks from feeding.

"And who knows.." He added as they began trotting down the sea side trail. "Maybe you learning this is like a sign that things are slowly coming back to you. Do you feel any different?" The breeze had warmed up slightly as the day had went on, but it was nothing particularly pleasant. They would definitely be needing a fire this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back