• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy On Thunders Wings

"Oh dear..." The woman's face was filled with concern. Sylas, who had been waiting quietly in the room with them, suddenly felt himself boiling over. "What? What is it? Is there something wrong?" His heart beat began to speed up in his chest.

"It's just... that should've worked. The fact that you still can't remember anything is troublesome indeed. Im not sure there is anything we can do here for you love: I'm terribly sorry." She looked at them both with disappointment, but Sylas didn't feel a whole lot of empathy from the situation.

"That can't be all you can do. What are we supposed to do, just go on with no memories?" He grit his teeth and tried to keep his voice from rising from a growl. He couldn't believe it just "didn't work".

"Sorry hon. Me hands are tied. If I had something better than that, I'd do it. Best ya can do now is pray to Sariah. Or you could seek out other medical help around the world." She sounded chipper at the idea, like romping through unkept roads and wildlands full to brim with some of the most vile creatures known to man was a simple Sunday stroll.

Sylas turned back to Bea, not sure how to comfort her. His mind was racing with what to do next, but first he wanted to see how she took the news.

Last edited:
Bea's mind whirled. It didn't work? Did I do something wrong? What if I never remember? The thoughts swam in her mind like a current tugging at the water. After a moment though, she took a deep breath and relaxed, accepting the turn of events. She had gotten her hopes up, but there was nothing to be done about it. For now, she thought. Maybe there would be a remedy in the future, but right now, she knew what she had in the present. She looked at Sylas with a soft smile on her face. "It's okay," she soothed. "We can try something else later, but it might also just not be possible to get them back." Bea shrugged, unsure of what the cause or solution of this problem would be. Then, a thought popped into her mind.

"Hey!" she said suddenly, shooting an accusatory look at the cleric. "What about my coin donation? You guys didn't fix the problem. Do I get my money back?"
Miriam smiled sheepishly, a nervous bead of sweat forming on her brow. "Erm, no, sorry dear, it still takes resources to cast magic like that and a donation is a donation, it's non-refundable."

Bea threw up her arms with a huff and hopped off the chair. "Whatever. Keep it. Come on Sylas, I guess we're done here."

Sylas nodded, letting Bea lead the way. He looked at the cleric once more, noting her face. She seemed disappointed enough, he supposed. Magic was still limited in what it could do. We could heal wounds, and repair sickness and ailments, but something like returning a limb? Not really a thing. Sylas had known serious magic researchers from the watch that had devoted their lives to the study and implementation of magic, and some had alluded to him before that there were breakthroughs everyday. Maybe there was more they could do.

They walked through the temples stone halls, and eventually left through the front, trading the gentle trickle of running water through reverberating halls for the light patter of the rain beginning to fall. Sylas took a second to catch his breath and steady his frustration. "I'm sorry Bea. I thought that would work." He looked back at her and offered a smile as comfort, should it offer her any. "There may be.... other options..." His voice trailed off slightly as if he was hesitant to even offer what he was about to say.

They got to the front door and Bea let out a sigh along with Sylas. She shrugged at his condolences. They both thought it would work, but it ultimately just wasn't in the cards. As he continued though, Bea raised an eyebrow at Sylas. "Oh? Like what?" She asked, unconvinced that off-shoot miracles would be attainable and worth hoping for.

Maybe there were other kinds of magic out there, or things that were stronger and more potent, but trying to imagine what those options might be was like trying to invent a new color. Bea couldn't know, what she didn't know, which frustratingly was the problem. She really was beginning to feel more and more like she was just dropped into a world she didn't know or recognize, learning everything from the ground up. Even her own innate abilities and sense of self were still being discovered and explored. She still had no idea what the heck that shadowy look-alike was. More than anything, she wished she had answers about that and its correlation to her strange dreams.

"Well.. It's not really a direct answer, but we don't really have anything else right now. There are forms of magic hidden in the world, all over. Items too, of powerful ability. Some of them divine even. That, and there is the Watch in markeev. A large tower that contains the largest collection of knowledge in all of Ix-Etal. There are wizards from there that travel all over the world. And, to my previous point, there are things people find on quests that end up being... powerful." It was really a long shot. There was no guarantee they would find anything, or if they did, when it would show up. But there were also no other possibilities he could conjure at the time being.

"I promised I would stay with you until you got your memory back, so until we have an answer-" He smiled at her. "Then you have my blade at your side for as long as you wish it."

Bea considered this for a moment before nodding slowly. Maybe there was still hope, but at this point, she was more prepared to make do with what she did have. If answers come up down the road, all the better. The fairy sighed but smiled warmly at Sylas. It was a relief that he planned to stick beside her. This world would feel more overwhelming without him no doubt.

"Thank you, Sylas. I mean it. You don't have to stay though, you know. I can fair well on my own if you need to tend to your own life." Bea put on a brave face, but it was the right thing to do to give him an out if he wanted it. She refused to be a burden that needed coddling. If he really didn't mind having her along though, it would be nice to explore the world with company.

Last edited:
"Well.." He looked off for a moment, letting the rain slick his hair gently. "You brought a lot of value to my life. You are kind and good company, and you are also a very talented adventurer. If you are uncomfortable with just staying together as friends, we could make it a formal business arrangement. I could use some extra help on jobs, and we could split the findings and rewards 50/50. And, we might find things useful to what you need along the way. Does that sounds better?"

He thought about what she had said, and how he responded, and decided in a moment to add. "And I know you aren't helpless or need my assistance: you've more than proven that. I just really liked spending time with you.." As it slipped from his mouth, his face lit up dark green and cleared his throat, trying to think of something else to say to clear the air.

Last edited:
Bea smiled ear to ear, secretly happy that he was genuinely enjoying having her around. She gave him a solid punch to the shoulder. "You mush! I'd love to continue adventuring with you," she teased, though the look on her face was earnest. "As friends."

After shaking out her hand, which hurt a bit after punching him, she turned to the side a bit to hide her own embarrassed expression. "Besides, I really like spending time with you too."

Sylas smiled, but his face was still a strong shade of forest green. "Well then I guess its decided. We work together. Heck, we could even look to start our own adventurers guild, if you wanted, though I am pretty sure that requires at least 3 members. But the jobs will be better." As he spoke, the light rain began to pour, and the patter became a roar. "COME ON!" He yelled, and turned to run down the street, over to the Levaith-Inn.

Sylas dashed around corners and down blocks for a minute before streaking through the familiar jaws of the tavern and inn and opened the door, now soaking wet.

They ran through the doors of the Leviath-Inn, soaked through a couple of layers, the purple hair on Bea's head matted down and sticking to her face in places. She took the cord that she kept tied around her wrist when her hair was down and used it to pull it up into a singular top bun. The hearth in the building was already kindled and burning softly, the occasional sizzle as a drop of rain snuck it's way down the chimney and evaporated on the flames. The warmth reduced some of the chill of her wet clothes and she suddenly realized the horribly similar feeling of that wet tunic clung to her skin on the beach that day was to the condition of her clothes now. Quickly, she made her way over to the hearth to dry off, yelling "Hi Brianna! We're back!" as she walked.

She plopped down in front of it and set her things aside. The bar and tables around the space were mostly empty, only a few lazily drunken denizens slouched over in chairs filled the room.

A familiar blue triton with her hair tied loosely behind her head sashayed out from behind the doors leading to the kitchen. Brianna smiled brightly at them both. "Well well! I'm glad to see you're both back, in good health if not dry. Sit by the fire loves, and I'll bring you towels and food."

Sylas made his way over to a seat by Bea and wiped his own wet matted hair from his face and forehead. The fire was warm and bright, and he began taking off his boots, and he set them by the fire to dry. Tonight, they could stay at the leviath-Inn and eat and drink and relax. Bri rushed back over with two fresh fluffy towels, which she set by them on the floor, and a basket of steaming baked rolls, a fine cheese and some grapes. "Here ya are, loves. Now, tell me everything that happened!"

Sylas took a towel and dried himself as he recalled the tale of what had transpired: sometime during the story, he had stripped down to just a light shirt and pants, which had begun to dry as he sat, and the rest was hung closer to the flames to dry as well. He took breaks only to have some of Bri's delicious baked bread and local cheese. eventually he finished regaling her the adventurer, and she looked at them both with wide eyes. "Well, how's about that?" She said with a grin. "You two are like a fine tuned adventuring team already! 'ts a shame about your memories though love. Listen, why don't you both stay here tonight, on me. Tomorrow you can figure out whats to do about it all, but tonight you rest here. Sound good? I just finished roasting a chicken with some good wine." She wiggled her eyebrows as she tried to tempt them with good food. Sylas heard his stomach moan in protest at the mention of a baked chicken.

Bea followed suit in stripping down to just a shirt and pants, even kicking her boots and socks off to warm by the fire. As Sylas told the story of their travel and the events that transpired that day, she was hit with the nostalgia of what would be her first-ever adventure. It was unfortunate about her memories, but she was starting to think that a fresh beginning doing what she wanted with her new friends really didn't sound that bad. "It's okay," Bea replied to Brianna. "It was kinda sad at first, but I think I'll get by just fine." Bea shot a grin over to Sylas as she spoke.

While they talked, Bea also took it upon herself to ferociously devour much of the food that was given to her. She savored the warm bread and the melty fresh cheese with the sweet locally farmed grapes. At the promise of more food up and coming though, Bea went wide-eyed in anticipation. She was like a bottomless pit with never-satiated hungry and yet about as thin as a pinky. "Thank you, Brianna, for letting me stay for the night, and for the amazing food. I really can't overstate how thankful I am for you two."

She looked between her and Sylas both, a warm and content smile on her lips. Whatever sort of friends and family she had before... it was starting to feel like that void was being filled with new ones. Then, a random thought struck her, "Hey Sylas, why aren't we going to stay at your place? I mean, I get why Brianna invited me to stay here, but what about you and your boat house?"

Sylas looked away for a moment, hiding his green face. Brianna looked over at him and rolled her eyes. "You're going to have to tell her at some point, ya know."
He turned and dragged his gaze over the floor and up to her, a sheepish look on his face. "Im, a... behind on the payments. Technically, I don't live there anymore, I was kind of squatting." He chuckled nervously as he admitted it. "BUT! Now we have some real coin. We could get a real place for the two of us! somewhere by the water?" He said with optimism.

Bri rolled her eyes. "You've never been good with money Sylas. I hope Bea here has some sense about her and can keep you both out of poverty. I can't have you picking through trash. Sit here, I'll get the chicken and wine." She stood and left quickly, leaving the two of them alone.

"Its not that I didn't want to pay it off, I did.. I was having some trouble making ends meet..."

Bea gave Sylas a sympathetic pat on the shoulder. "You big goof, you could have told me." Bea suppressed a snicker. It was kind of adorable, in a way, but she didn't want to make him feel any worse about it. "We'll get a new place and take some more jobs. Something by the water does sound like a great idea!" She continued optimistically.

"In any case, I'm excited to stay here, at least for the night. The Leviath-Inn is pretty cool!" Bea smiled and struck a pose. "We'll be rich adventurers in no time! Sylas and Bea! The greatest heroes of uh-" she paused, thinking for a moment. "What country is this again? Oh, right. THE GREATEST HEROES OF CELESTE!" She laughed and sat back down, picking the last bits of cheese off of the plate. This was surely the start of their true adventure.

They waited for a while for Brianna to come back out, and eventually, she brought with her a platter of steaming-hot chicken with an array of vegetables. She took a few trips, bringing sides, wine, plates, and glassware. Bea offered to help carry things out from the kitchen, but Brianna looked like she would smack her hand if she tried. So, they moved to one of the open tables and sat, waiting for the spread to be completed. Once the table was set and the food was ready, Bea began loading her plate with chicken, potatoes, and vegetables. It all smelled divine and looked perfectly prepared.

"Brianna... you're like an angel. Can I eat your food forever?" Bea said in awe after her first bite of the juicy chicken.

"Of course love. If you get famous too, you gotta tell everyone how much you love it here too. Thats the fee." She smiled and poured herself a glass of wine. "So, off to work again tomorrow then?" She looked at the two of them.

Sylas had stuffed a large plate before himself and had begun to eat as well mannered as he was able, hungry as he was. He looked at her with a mouth full of chicken and bread, and he turned to swallow before answering her question. "Actually, probably. Though I was planning on looking at the stables to buy some horses. It would help us complete jobs more quickly, as well as increase the area of jobs we could reasonably take." He had been thinking about it all the walk back: or rather, limp back.

Brianna nodded. "It will be interesting to see if Bea is able to ride. Who knows what you can do, huh? Its like rediscovering all these talents." She poured them both wine. "Thank you." Sylas said between bites, and he took a large sip of the dark red liquid. It was a deep southern red with hints of vanilla and blueberry. 136 CE; Good year for wine.

Bea smiled at Brianna's reply. Then, perked up at the idea of riding horses. She'd seen a few since she'd woken up on the beach and thought they were lovely and majestic, but the thought of riding one seemed intimidating. "It would be nice to get to and from Samu-Keev faster," Bea agreed. "Maybe we can also look into getting a new place, Sylas." She gave him a pointed look. "We could get a place in the city maybe. Surely we have enough coin as it is to rent something or find some kind of temporary housing for now?"

As she ate, she looked between Sylas and Brianna, wondering if they would be knowledgeable about how to go about such a task. Bea knew next to nothing about the city, let alone what housing rates were like. She took a big bite of chicken, eyeing the glass of wine next to her. It smelled good. Had she had alcohol before?

Sylas considered her words. There were nice places in town they could probably rent. Nothing to buy, not without getting more coin, but having a home seemed actually possible now.

"Thats a good idea. We could rent a small place in the lower wards for maybe 60 silver a month. Its alright. We could actually probably get a nice place by the water for maybe 25gp per month. It would be a little pricey but we have some real money to work with here." Sylas for the first time considered waking up next to the sea without being soaked or cold. He could have a real bed, and maybe even a real kitchen. There were some good ones down there, with even little courtyards with trees attached. If they kept working like this, taking tough jobs? They could buy one instead.

Sylas pulled out his coin purse and did some quick calculations. With what they had now, they could get two horses and start renting a home, and still have some coin left over. He might actually be able to look into getting his own blade finally.

"I think we can do it." He said confidently, sliding the coin back into his pouch. "Do you have anything you are interested in home wise? Big windows? large kitchen? 2 beds?"

Brianna watched along as they spoke, smiling and sipping her wine.

Bea's eyes widened more and more as Sylas hashed out the details and finally applauded when he affirmed that getting a cozy place to live was possible. "Ooh, um maybe a balcony? Or a garden? Definitely a room for bathing!" Bea rattled off a few features that popped into her mind, but honestly, she felt like she'd be content with anything and was practically buzzing with excitement.

"Living together would be so cool! Like having a sleepover every night! I mean, we'd still have to camp on the side of the road when we traveled... maybe we can save up for more comfy camping equipment in the future..." Bea became lost in thought in all of the possibilities. Her brain spiraled into a tangle of random thoughts that kept popping from one thing to another until she somehow started to ponder about rabbits. This ridiculousness popped her out of her stupor, realizing her surroundings once more. She took another bite of the food in front of her, almost finished with her plate now. Eyeing her full and untouched glass of wine again, she chewed and swallowed. "I wonder if I'm old enough to drink," she blurted out loud, instantly regretting it. "I mean, If I had to guess, I'm in my twenties, but I'm not sure. It's not like I have record of my birth."

Bea stared at the glass for a long moment and shrugged. "Eh, oh well. It's been a day," she said finally, taking the glass and taking a few savored sips. It was delicious. The gulped some more, a little less refined in her wine-tasting than Sylas and Brianna seemed to be. "Ahhh, this is really good!"

Sylas watched her enjoy herself, and made not of some of the things she would like to have in the house. A bath would be nice. Not that the public bath's weren't nice, but they were always busy and full. Sometimes, it was nice to take a private bath to reflect without spending a fortune. Sylas smiled.

"Alright, we can go home renting tomorrow. Maybe we can get one with a small stables so we can stable our own horses." Sylas couldn't really come to terms with the fact that he had coin to spend. It felt like a dream. And there were more jobs to be had as well. They would need some better equipment at some point, but for now it would do. New home and horses, and a job. He could manage.

Bri stood up and excused herself. "You two seem like you have things figured out. Make sure you make time to do training when you find your new home, so your arms dont get dull now. Anyways, you two are free to use the rooms on the second floor, two on the back left. I have to go and handle the rest of the patrons, and there will be more coming. I'm excited for you both!" She cleared the bottle and grinned, patting Bea on the head and shooting Sylas a wink.

"Thanks Bri. You are the greatest." Sylas smiled at her, then back at Bea. "I don't know about you, but an early night doesn't sound like a bad idea to me."

"Thank you Bri," Bea smiled as she walked off. She turned to Sylas and sighed happily, finally full, by some miracle. "Yep. Early night sounds good. I bet you're tired since you stayed up for watch all night." Bea stood and patted Sylas on the shoulder, flying a foot or two up to reach it.

"Goodnight, Sylas. Thanks for today." With that, she turned and landed back on the hardwood flooring. She gathered her bag and clothes that she had left to dry and started up the stairs towards the rooms Brianna had left for the two of them. She took the second to last room of the two on the left side and entered it. It looked similar to the one she'd used to change in the other day. Instead of a knife indent on the floor, there was one by the window, but no stains were visible on the rug. She set her things down and walked to the water basin, washing herself to the best of her ability with the clean water. She still had some soot on her from being knocked around in the mine.

Once she was content that she was at least clean enough to be comfortable in the bed, she crawled in under the sheets and shut her eyes, waiting for sleep to claim her.

Sylas nodded as she walked away, but he lingered at the table for a moment. He hadn't stayed up all night. He had fallen asleep and put them both in danger: something she didn't know, something he would never tell her. She had nothing, her past stolen from her like her breath after landing on your back: How could he take away her faith in him? Maybe it wasn't up to him to decide. Before, he could be more carless: there was no one around for him to worry about or care for, but now... now his mistakes were suddenly more heavy. There would be other times to sleep. His face darkened, and he walked over to the hearth and strung his boots back onto his feet, and grabbed his long sword. He could feel the eyes of the few drunk patrons resting on his back as he exited out the back entrance.

The rain came down for hours that night, cold and harsh. As it fell on Sylas's bare chest and back, it drew the heat away from his flexing muscles. Steam rose in plumes as he gripped his longsword tighter and brought it up in a furious arc. The rain itself quivered and split in the wake of its steel trail. He took a step forward, lunging into the night, slashing down then quickly up at a precise angle. He hissed, unsatisfied with the timing, and turned to unleash a new sequence. His blade gleamed in the low orange light of the one hooded lantern. To any urchin or thief still awake this late that happened to see Sylas would only see the flash and reflection of a raging hurricane of slashes and strikes, making quick work his invisible assailants.

In fact, Sylas himself could still sense the smirking figured of Alfonzo laughing and critiquing his footwork and how his form deteriorated over time. Sylas cursed under his breath, scolded himself silently and adjusted his feet into a much stronger bracing position. The blade was so unsatisfying: it was too light in his hand. The swing had no real power behind it.

The door to the inn opened, and Brianna stepped outside, frowning deeply. She crossed her arms and leaned against the wall beneath the small awning that barely kept the rain off her. "You are worse than my father. What good does this do you, Sylas? You get mad, you get scared, so you train, but tomorrow you will be tired when she needs you." Sylas looked away as she scolded him, and tried to keep working on his forms and strikes. His feet fluttered over the ground as he dashed forward and struck in an upward slash, like a snake. He planted his feet and wove in three masterful strikes, and swept out his back leg and twisted, swinging at the attacker to his back.

The sound of metal on metal was like a crack of thunder, but quickly lost to the drowning downfall of rain. Brianna angled her blade as she caught Sylas's strike and deflected it off to the side. Sylas, thrown off balance, fell forward but caught himself, coming eye to eye with the triton. She reached forward and grabbed him by the shoulders, a fire in her eyes holding his gaze to hers. "STOP SWINGING, SYLAS!" She hissed her words at him, and he froze. "For FUCKS sake, you and Alfonzo are exactly the same."

She sheathed her blade, and stepped under the awning again, now soaked completely. She sighed as she grabbed the door, and turned with a softened expression. "Look, Sylas.. Its ok to be angry, or unsatisfied. But my father was not perfect. When he was angry, he couldn't be there for us. One of the reasons he liked you so damn much was because you had the heart and head to be better than he could be. Learn to rest, Sylas. Learn to let go of mistakes and to be forgiving to yourself: Or else you will end up just like him." Her tone was caring, but her words stung like a mothers slap to the face. "Brianna.." He started, but her expression hardened and she threw the door open.

"Not a word Sylas. You're done. Go to bed, now."

He stopped, the adrenaline draining from his veins and his heat giving way to the cold of the rain. He sighed and sheathed his blade, and walked past her to go inside. As he stepped through the door, he reached up and squeezed her shoulder. "Thank you. And I'm sorry" he whispered, and headed in. He climbed the stairs and found his room. He took a moment to peel his soaking britches from himself and grab the towel on the bed to dry his form. As quickly as he could finish, he collapsed onto the box spring and began to snore almost immediately as his fatigue dragged him deep into the depths of slumber. His sleep was so full that even dreams could not reach him, and so he sank, deeper and deeper into the dark of his mind, descending into the abyss.

Last edited:
The first lights of dawn filtered through the moth-eaten lace curtains, creeping higher and higher into the room until the bright streaks became level with Bea's face. She opened her eyes with a soft groan, pulling the sheets over her head to block out the light.

A soft, but firm knock sounded at the door and Brianna's muffled voice called from the other side. "Good morning loves," she heard footsteps and knocking on the door presumably next to hers. "Rise and shine, a new dawn a new day, and breakfast is ready for ya downstairs. SYLAS!" A louder pounding came from the other door nearby. "I hear ya snorin' ya big lump, wake up and come downstairs. And Bea, darlin', there are fresh clothes outside your door, they should fit better than the last ones."

With that, the footsteps receded down the hall and Bea reluctantly threw off her blanket, face first into the beam of sunlight once again. The sudden brightness made her sneeze and then she proceeded to roll out of bed towards the door. Sure as promised, was a neatly folded stack of pants and a shirt as well as some fresh socks. She picked up the stack and yelled groggily down the hallway, "Thank you Briannaaaaaaa."

She began dressing into her new clothes, grateful to be in something clean. Brianna had also cleverly hid undergarments in the foldings of the pile. Once she was dressed, she admired the fit in the mirror. They did, indeed, fit better than the first set Brianna had lent to her. She wasn't sure if these were new, or altered or perhaps an older set of her sister's clothes from when she was a bit younger. Regardless, she was satisfied.

The top was white and adorned with fashionable frills that ran parallel up the middle row of buttons. At the neck, were more ruffles and a white ribbon to tie the top if so desired. Bea did. She thought it looked cute.

The pants were fairly plain and brown, but had slits up the outer sides of both pant legs that were threaded together like cross-hatched to keep them tightened around the calves. Paired with her, albeit dusty, adventuring boots, she was all ready to go except for her hair, which she tied up into now iconic spikey space buns. She gathered her pack and belongings and began making her way downstairs, the smell of delicious food wafting through the air as she neared closer. Suddenly, as if on cue to vocalize its extreme dissatisfaction in it's lack of contents, her stomach growled.

Sylas woke with a start: his eyes were dry and sticky and he could taste his own breath. He had rolled off the bed in his sleep, and woke with his face pressed into the rug over top the floor. It was soft towards the bottom, but some of the bristles were crusty on the tips. He shoved himself to the side and sat up with a yawn, wiping his mouth as he did so. The sunlight was already streaking past the shades in violent rays, and he covered his eyes as he rose to pull them aside. The day itself was completely sunny, and the streets were already full. He had overslept.

He shuffled over to the mirror and basin, and poured in some fresh water from the vase. He cupped some of the water and washed it over his face and through his hair. He had always enjoyed the sensation of having wet hair and cold water rushing over his skin. It was rejuvenating and relaxing. The fog in his mind cleared as he splashed so more water on his face, and he quickly dried off and gather his (mostly) dried equipment. After a few minutes he had fastened all his straps and laced up his boots. He grabbed his sword and slung it over his shoulder and strapped it down comfortably.

Down the stairs and into the parlor, until Sylas found himself face to face with the Triton and a freshly risen Bea. Sylas nodded at them both, and Bri handed them each a cup and a small pouch. "There's some breakfast snacks in the pouches and some fresh juice in the mugs. Go get yourself a home and quit moochin off me, would ya?" She smiled at them both and flashed Bea a wink and a pearly grin, before turning them around and giving them both a shove to the door. "Good luck you two!"

Bea took the pouch and cup gratefully and launched at Brianna for a hug. "Thank you again. We'll let you know how everything goes." Brianna looked briefly surprised and then a warm smile formed on her face as she hugged Bea back and stroked her hair. "You better. And take care of yourselves." She looked up and gave a pointed look at Sylas that Bea didn't see.

Then, they were off. Bea waved as they walked through the open jaw of the skeletal creature that marked the iconic entrance to the Levath-Inn. Once they were in the street, bobbing and weaving around other passersby, Bea turned to Sylas. "Okay! So where to first? Horses? or looking at places to stay?" She skipped as she walked, much chipper than she was yesterday with how things ended up turning out. She was still determined to find ways to reclaim her past, but she'd made her peace with it. She could be patient... and it's not like she had to deal with it all by herself. She shot Sylas a big goofy grin.

Sylas stepped outside with Bea, and watched her slip ahead and turn around to face him with enthusiasm. He thought about her question: maybe it would be wise to go to a home rental while mounted on horses? It might make them look wealthier. Or would it be wiser to purchase a place with a small stable so they had somewhere to tie them after their purchase? He supposed that they could simply leave the horses at the stables until they were ready. Plus they could afford a decent rent and the larger purchase would be the horses, so perhaps it would be wisest to begin with the horses.

"Lets get some mounts first. We can ride them to the local land owner afterwards." Sylas looked around and found his bearings, and turned towards the southwest gate, towards the cerulean trail. He led them both down the street passed the vendors and open market, as well as the shatter sword and several smiths, through the local square and various buildings of business, until they were passing by the lower docks and heading towards the southern stables.

It was a sizable building, one with an open lot and many stables and cages. They sold many mounts, some wild and some more common, as well as gear like saddles, feed and accessories. Most often they sold horses, and they typically had a good stock: Sylas could see 4 good ones roaming the open lot. One pure black, one white with grey speckles, a chestnut brown with black main and two white socks on his back feet, and one that was speckled brown and white in large patches. Beyond the horses, there was a large quadrupedal creature with short fur, large elk like antlers and piercing yellow eyes. It was much like a large male deer, if it weren't for the clawed paws where its hooves should have been. It was much more muscular than a deer might be. Sylas noticed two well bound dire wolves inside, out of the general eye of the public. There was also one large metal cage that was mostly covered with a heavy red satin blanket. Sylas listened for a hint, but before he could investigate, an elvish man strode forward wearing a large green robe with some well oiled and tailored leather accouterment. (Perception: natural 1)

"Welcome friends! You two fine youngsters look like you have too much to do to walk everywhere! If you are looking to purchase well trained mounts to carry you over the expansive hills of Celeste and beyond, you have come to the right place. I am Esthanor. I have been working with beasts for many moons. What is it we are looking for?" He leaned forward with his hands open, welcoming them both in. He quickly gestured to the various animals he had. Sylas stepped forward and nodded at him, shaking his hand politely. "Name's Sylas, and this is Bea." Sylas nodded at his partner. "We are looking for some reliable steeds for our travels."

"Of course you are. I can tell by looking at you that you both have fine taste, so let's not waste your time. All of out mounts are collected legally throughout Ix-Etal. Most of them are already well trained and require little work. If you are looking for something stable and reliable, our horse stock is bred for speed AND distance. ITs taken a lot of training and breeding, but some of the best horses come from right here. Why, just last week I had a pair of mares purchased by Astrid Argentum herself." He beamed with pride as he led them both over to the horses, gesturing to them. The white horse trodded up to the fence and snorted, sniffing the air near Bea. Sylas looked over the horses. The chestnut one was sturdy for sure, and looked very calm and dependable. But a thought crossed his mind, and he turned back towards the open barn door and gestured to the covered cage. "Whats in there?" He asked curiously. Esthanor's smile faltered. "That? You don't want that. Its a Salimoore. Very dangerous, and very violent. That one is new and untrained. It killed one of our mares last week when one of my workers forgot to feed it. To be perfectly honest, its most likely going to end up in a circus." He seemed to sigh as he spoke, as if the prospect of losing the beast was a shame.

A Salimoore? He had heard of them once before: large 7ft quadrupedal lizards that ran around the craggy upper mountain cliffs, scaling them with there thick, razor claws. They had mouths of teeth. They were strong climbers and dangerous hunters. (Nature 12) It was hard to believe there was one in there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back