• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
KIARA SINCLAIRE
BEAUXBATONS SECONDARY
Flustered but entertained
Ilvermorny Grand Hall - Dance Floor
Ricardo captaindanger captaindanger (Clara and Cosmo mentioned) pearjuice pearjuice
Taking refuge in the safety of the sidelines was out of character for Kiara, who lingered by the refreshments table as though it were a lifeboat and she a drowning passenger. Her sapphire gaze lingered on Theodore West as he courted his next partner, and Kiara couldn’t help the shutter that trailed down her spine like an icicle dripping on a frigid day. Something about him rubbed her the wrong way, but she was determined to compose herself before her absence drew too much attention. Heaving a sigh, she reached for the ladle in the punch bowl, scooping some out and pouring a glass for herself hoping that the fruity drink would calm her nerves. But as the brightly colored liquid touched her lips, her face contorted like that of a child sucking on a sour lemon candy. The familiar flavor of alcohol burned in the back of her throat, causing an unexpected sputter as she tried not to spit out the evidently spiked punch.

It was then that she felt a gentle tap on her shoulder, and in the midst of coughs she turned to see a curly haired blonde standing before her with a timid smile. “Sorry-” cough, cough “I’m so sorry, I -” she cleared her throat one more time, placing her very full glass of punch back on the refreshments table. “You must be Ricardo.” She was finally able to regain some composure and greeted him with a smile as she extended her hand, piecing together that the boy standing in front of her was her next dance partner. “Don’t drink the punch.” she warned with a poignantly surprised and self-deprecating laugh.

Despite her clearly frazzled state, Ricardo didn’t seem to mind, and led her out onto the dance floor with a confidence that she couldn’t help but admire. The steady, even pace of the music allowed for them to follow some simpler steps, and their conversation ensued effortlessly. It didn’t take her long to decide that she liked Ricardo, he was easy to talk to. Not overbearing like Theodore or insufferably shy like some of the others. However, she noticed his gaze frequently flicking behind her shoulder as if something, or someone, was capturing his attention.

Finally, she glanced over her shoulder to see what he kept looking at it, and her caribbean blue irises narrowed in blatant understanding. “Yeah, I’m not his biggest fan either.” She pursed her lips, watching as Theo dipped a girl in a sage colored dress low to the ground before pulling her back into him, some sort of chemistry apparent between the two. “She, on the other hand….” She paused, her eyes taking in the seemingly effortless beauty of Theodore’s partner. “She is absolutely gorgeous.” A tiny, knowing smile pulled at her lips. She was not daft enough to assume that Ricardo had been staring at Theo, but simultaneously didn’t want to put her partner on the spot by calling him out for his longing gaze at the Durmstrang beauty. If Kiara remembered correctly, the girl’s name was Clara. She had pieced together that she was either the sister, or very close friend of the boy she had met on the train earlier that day. The resemblance was striking. “The genetics in that family are ridiculous. Both of them are… wildly attractive.” The words had escaped her lips before she could catch them, and a warm heat burned it’s way to her cheeks as she realized she had just publicly announced she found Cosmo ‘wildly attractive.’

“Look, I like you, but if you tell either of them I said that, I will crucio your ass.”
coded by natasha.

• Gavriel Sylvie
    Ilvermorny - Female - Half-Blood - Champion

Gavy was both delighted and relieved when the young woman went along with her spontaneous invitation without complaint. She wasn’t afraid of rejection or anything, but had the young woman refused Gavy knew she would have spent the rest of the night wanting to make sure she was okay. Luckily though the white-haired Uagadou student seemed open to the idea of having their own three-person dance with Raph. Once they reached the handsome blonde male Gavy released the young woman's hand and looked with a delighted smile between the two of them. “Ooooo, I like her, she’s spicy.” Gavy chuckled with a wink as the white-haired student mentioned how she was more than capable of biting back. “Don’t threaten me with a good time.” She added jokingly and had to raise her hand to cover her mouth as she laughed. “Goodness, you can’t take me anywhere.” She sighed with a bit of giggling still laced into her voice as she shrugged innocently.

Hearing Malaika’s introduction and request for their names as well Gavy paused to let Raph introduce himself before turning and giving a wave. “I’m Gavy, well actually it’s Gavriel but most people call me Gavy for short.” She greeted with a little playful curtsy at the end of her sentence. “Well my pretties, I think it is about time we show this party how three dashing young wizards and witches can dance.” She suggested with a wink as her multi-colored eyes seemed to spark with delight as she spoke and offered a hand to Raph and Malaika so that they could figure out their new dancing situation all together. “Maybe we could be true rebels and play London bridges instead of dancing?” She suggested playfully as they began to each figure out what steps they wanted to take in their made-up on-the-spot dance routine.

The trio was far from graceful as a whole but Gavy was just pleased that it seemed like they were all having fun. Each of them had brought something fun and new to their little dance and at several points, Raph was even smooth with twirling both herself and Malaika at the same time. “Careful Raph, you might make me swoon.” Gavy jested with him as she twirled into his arm before taking up Malaika’s hand and spinning away while Malaika held Raph’s hand in one of hers and Gavy’s in the other. It was spontaneous and fun and to be quite honest Gavy was certain the three of them were getting looks from other students that almost seemed as though they wished they could take part too. If anyone else decided to join them Gavy wouldn’t have protested but while the dance went on it remained just the three of them which she was completely delighted with as well.

Sooner than she would have liked the song ended and she was once again twirling with Malaika when she stopped and felt the dizziness catch up to her. She swayed on her feet for a moment before finding something solid supporting her and looking up to see Raph. Gavy had no clue if she had fallen into him or if he had seen her swaying and stepped up but either way, she was grateful. “See? Swooning!” She chuckled against his chest, attempting to keep things light, and shook her head in an attempt to clear the dizzy spell. Without much thought, she ran her hand along his solid chest and gave it a gentle pat, a silent thank you for keeping her standing when she had spun far too much. Looking from Raph to Malaika she smiled and pushed a lock of blue and purple hair behind her ear. “Well, I thoroughly enjoyed that. We should definitely do it again sometime. Maybe I’ll even keep my footing.” She spoke playfully but her intention was genuine as she clearly had a blast coming up with their unique little dance together.

Looking at her dance card she glanced over at Raph and smirked, “Looks like I get to harass Cosmo next, think he smuggled any sandwiches in?” She joked but also truly felt as though she could eat the entire kitchen's worth of food hidden within the school. “Remind me later and we can raid the hidden cookie stash I know the staff keeps.” She half whispered to Raph as she knew he was also always down for snacks. Looking at Malaika she gave the girl's hand another squeeze and smiled, “If you need another dance partner come find me. I’ll always be happy to save a dance for you Snowbell.” She promised with a genuine grin pulling at her lips. With that, the young metamorphamagus spun on her heels and picked her way through the crowd in search of Cosmo.

It didn’t take her long to find the young man she had gotten to know on the train ride to the school but as she approached it seemed he was still deep in discussion with his dance partner from the previous dance. Waiting patiently to the side she absentmindedly clicked her heels together and fidgeted with the skirt of her iridescent gown, her need to keep moving as present as ever.

Mentions: Raph captaindanger captaindanger Malaika Wolfiee Wolfiee Cosmo pearjuice pearjuice

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

0954e7f190f8375e3b334327a9a30b90.jpg

Vasu Saini // “Shiva’s Heir” // Male // 5th Year // Koldovstoretz Champion // Parselmouth

Beneath her mask, Zuri Osei’s face was cold, eyebrows drawing together, corners of her lips slanting into a frown. But when she spoke, a sliver of anger colored her words, red hot, like the embers of a cigarette. “No, we’re not close. Now, if you’re so curious about Aurelia, why don’t you go dance with her again?” She attempted to stare Vasu down, leaning forward slightly, her hands clenched into fists at her sides, but the effect was ruined by the visible tremble of nerves that crept through her, the anxious bob of her throat.
Amusement overtook his surprise at Zuri’s defiant display. Wondering whether this bitch was having a bad day, just naturally crazy, or on her period, Vasu snickered. At his reaction, Zuri’s eyes flared wide in horror before she reigned herself in enough to narrow them, but a flush was creeping up her neck, her ears reddening with it. “Maybe I would, but there’s the matter of her new partner, and I’ve been told multiple times tonight that we’re supposed to save the fighting for the arena.” Although that’d certainly make the evening more entertaining, Vasu thought, sorely tempted to fire a Reducto spell at Cosmo Winter, who’d replaced him as Aurelia’s new dance partner. Breaking that little shit’s arm three years ago hadn’t been enough. Cosmo Winter was a spoiled brat, and there was only one language that bastards like him understood. He had to be disillusioned the hard way of the notion that he was top dog. Good thing that was Vasu Saini’s favored way of doing things. Vasu hadn’t made up his mind on whether he hoped Clara or Cosmo would be selected Durmstrang champion, but the notion of handing Cosmo’s ass to him in front of a global audience was awfully appealing.
Noticing that everyone else had already paired up around them, Vasu said, a little louder than necessary in the silence before the next song began, “So are we gonna dance, or would you prefer to stand around like idiots by the punch bowl with Professor Vino as our supervisor?” A boy in a deep purple suit overheard Vasu’s remark and threw a look at Zuri and him, chortling. Zuri looked mortified, and either because she couldn’t speak or wouldn’t, she wordlessly snatched Vasu’s hand and shuffled as minimally close to him as she had to in order to reach his shoulder. Vasu followed suit, extending his arm at an awkward angle to cup a waist that he was used to being six inches closer to him.
“Make sure your hands don’t wander, or else my knee will wander too,” Zuri hissed, eyes blazing.
Vasu looked past Zuri to the boy in the purple suit, who was openly guffawing now, and quirked an eyebrow at him. Good fuck, buddy, I hope for your sake you’re not next on her hit list. “The hell is your problem?” Vasu whispered to Zuri, and when her face darkened, he amended to, “Yes, ma’am!” He removed the hand from her waist to salute her, spine ramrod straight.
Three explosive notes from a piano and a mezzo-soprano voice stopped them from bickering further. The song was in F-major and its already fast tempo accelerated pleasantly at the chorus. Adrenaline fizzled through Vasu. He tried to lead Zuri through a quick, steppy combination, but she wouldn’t have it, insisting on plodding her feet slowly in place. Up down up down at a painstaking rate. “Zuri, please, you’re killing me. There’s about a hundred and thirty beats per minute in this song and you’re dancing like there’s thirty.”
“Just because you’re a good dancer and I’m not doesn’t mean you have to be a dick about it, okay?”
“I’m not even a good dancer! I’m just—”
Before he could finish, the floor shook. Actually shook, not the thrum of the bass finding a pulse in the largest concentration of solid matter. The music broke off in a shrill squeal of stringed notes, and gasps replaced them. People ducked and cowered, stooping to the ground before the floor buckled beneath them and they were thrown. Zuri lost her balance, toppling forward and catching the top of her head against Vasu’s chin, making his teeth clack together painfully. He hissed a swear as acrid wetness filled his mouth, but it was mostly for show, to hide the fear that was running icy fingers down his spine. There was a loud crunch of glass breaking, and Vasu’s head whipped over his shoulder to see that the bottles balanced on the liquor cart were shaking, and the one nearest the edge had fallen off, shattering in a sea of cornsilk liquid and sharp edges. The bittersweet stench of wine filled the air.
Still supporting Zuri with one arm, Vasu bent his knees deeply, lowering his center of gravity while hunting for his wand with the other, reaching across his body for the discreet pocket sewn into the hip of his sherwani. He’d known terror like this a handful of times before in his life. Nature was one of the few antagonists that posed a threat to Muggles and wizards alike. The last major earthquake that had rocked the Indian subcontinent had been four months ago, in April, and his mother was still paying off the considerable damages her shop had incurred, all the inventory that had been struck off the books as sunk costs. It had taken all of the Sainis’ remaining finances and a few called-in favors to pay Vasu’s tuition for the upcoming school year, and unless Vasu won the prize money that came from winning the tournament, it was uncertain whether he would be attending a sixth year at Koldovstoretz.
Several of the small plates on the professors’ table, already set for the feast, rattled until they plunged to the floor, exploding in a series of white shards. The vibrations increased until Vasu could no longer see straight. Freeing his wand, he wrapped Zuri up in one arm and pulled her close to his chest, hunching over her and shielding her small frame as best he could. “Protego circum!” he shouted, throwing up an omnidirectional barrier around them, hoping against hope that the sheer weight of falling objects wouldn’t flatten it… and them. Dust rained down from the ceiling above, and a chandelier strained against its gold chain. “Shiva, if I’m really your blood and Aditi isn’t just full of shit please fucking protect me,” Vasu prayed in an undertone. He knew that the proper way for it to reach the gods was to close his eyes but he was too transfixed on the clouds of plaster bubbling around the ceiling to tear them away.
Just as Vasu was preparing for the fight of his life, his hand clutching his wand so hard it was a miracle the brittle thing didn’t snap, the rattling stopped. As did the heavy, rhythmic noises that Vasu hadn’t registered as footsteps in the moment. Several pairs of them, moving out of sync with each other. But there, in the doorway to the Great Hall, stood the origins of the noise. All four of them. Three, technically, as the Horned Serpent statue glided smoothly into the front, pushing its way into the room almost silently, minus a creak of strain from the floor.
“No fucking way,” Vasu breathed, feeling the ground give way beneath him in a new meaning. He pushed Zuri away from him, needing to drink in this moment without her overpowering ylang-ylang aroma getting in the way. She promptly stumbled and pitched forward, falling on her face with a short shriek. “Sorry,” Vasu mumbled, a knee-jerk reaction, but sparing her only a half-second’s glance.
The stone set in the Horned Serpent’s forehead glowed a sinister violet, its stony tongue flickering out to lap its maw via some strange magic that Vasu could only guess at. “Samay aa gaya hai,” it rasped, and somehow, amid everything else impossible that was happening, Vasu was astonished to hear the statue speaking perfectly intelligible Hindi. The time has come. The Goblet of Fire has made its selections, and on its behalf we speak, was the English translation of the statue’s words.
There was a grinding of stone, and the Horned Serpent stretched its body into the air, rearing so high its jeweled head almost brushed a chandelier. “I name Clara Winter, scholar with a mind as sharp as a diamond blade, champion of Durmstrang Institute. May wisdom light her path to victory,” the statue rumbled. And then, its gray scales crisscrossing and overlapping each other in a disorienting optical illusion, the Horned Serpent coiled in on itself, its head circled back to where its tail had been, and it seemingly devoured itself. Disappearing gradually from its back half, until only fangs remained, catching the light and glinting, before they too faded into oblivion. The Pukwudgie stepped up to take its place, the floor quaking again as it moved. A stained glass window shattered, but only a few gazes were attracted to the noise as the statue spoke, naming Malaika Odion champion of Uagadou. And then the Pukwudgie statue curled into a spiky ball, contorting itself ever tighter until it too vanished with a pop! of sound.
The Thunderbird statue repeated the process, appointing numerous students to champion status and wishing them well by virtue of the represented House’s defining characteristics. But in truth, Vasu had stopped listening. Need coursed through him, his heart pumping so loudly he thought it would burst as he awaited the Wampus cat’s turn. The Thunderbird statue hadn’t named him champion. But neither had it named Sasha or Mey. This was it then. Do or die, by the Wampus cat’s hand. Paw? Here was the moment that Vasu would know whether he would return home a failure at the end of the year, or if he had a shot at the crown.
The colossal stony cat trotted into the room, tail lashing from side to side. Its claws scraped against the floor, ripping gashes into the black-and-white checkered tiles like a chessboard after a battle had been fought. It didn’t speak so much as yowl, a loud, discordant sound that made some clap their hands over their ears. But it spoke to Vasu like an aria of the soul, like a war cry from some unseeable depth. “I, the Wampus cat, warrior who knows no surrender, speak on the Goblet’s behalf!” The beast punctuated this with a roar. Krpaya, Vasu prayed. Mujhe len. He needed this. All of the sacrifices his mother had made on his and Ekta’s behalf. Winning the tournament would be how he repaid her. His father’s death wouldn’t be in vain because the hole it had torn in Vasu would grow back stronger. “I choose only those with the bravest of hearts to fight for their schools’ honor. And I name Odinson Locjaw, Theodore West, and Vasu Saini champions. May your foes quiver in fear before your might.”

Last edited:
9e28b164c8ad77382a5f777a8c85d3ab.jpg

Chahaya “Cha-Cha” Arif // “Magnificent Bastard” // Male // Age 32 // Castelobruxo Professor // Legilimens

The feast was pleasantly uneventful. The charbroiled oysters were surprisingly good for somewhere so far north, topped with a lemon and garlic and parmesan glaze that sizzled delicately in the pan. There was a pizza bar with an assortment of toppings that one could add as they wished, and after fixing himself a masterpiece of white clam and sambal, Cha-Cha tried to rationalize to himself how and why he’d never experienced a similar concoction before. The salad was disappointingly bland, consisting only of lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, and ranch, and the burgers were several minutes overdone to be edible, but dessert made up for it. There was banana pudding, peanut butter cookies, and brownies. Cha-Cha took the first two and ignored the latter, and the banana pudding was so good that he went back for a second helping.
He didn’t make much conversation at the table, and there were blessedly few attempts to talk with him, because when food was served there weren’t many people in the world interesting enough to compete with his plate. Thus, between courses, he found his thoughts drifting to Amity Monroe, the last shiny thing to have captured his attention. They’d danced, and Cha-Cha had dropped a line or two that insinuated his interest in getting to know her further, electrified by his own daring. Amity’s lashes had fluttered in a way that sent a rewarding buzz through him, like his efforts hadn’t been just a way to pass the time. Like they held promise. Of course, unbeknownst to Amity, it was all just play in the end. Cha-Cha wasn’t naturally attracted to women, and the only times he pursued them were for sport. When he needed to feel desired, and he wanted to see how far he could push something until it broke. Besides. Lis and Ricky had their own opponents. There was a veritable strategy to be found in having a rival professor wrapped around his finger. Just because his students were the spotlight of this tournament didn’t mean Cha-Cha had any intention of being useless.
And he wasn’t the only one with secrets. Just before they’d taken to the dance floor, Amity had given a momentary slip. When Cha-Cha had surprised her by responding to her unvoiced question about his dancing ability, she’d been knocked off-balance. Too shaken to keep up the lie. It had been the word privacy that’d made him look at her twice. Articulated with a short I. It’d rung out like a flat note amid the honey-smooth slow Southern twang. And Cha-Cha knew from two years of waiting tables in New Orleans that no American confused privacy with privy, especially a Southerner. Of course, it was a very isolated incident that had given him that hunch, just a single syllable of suspiciousness. And maybe there was a logical explanation, like Amity had watched a lot of British telly growing up. But Cha-Cha trusted his hunches.
While the rest of the table had been distracted by after-dinner drinks–coffee for most, brandy for those who wanted to indulge, and a special vanilla milkshake with a mystery shot in it–Cha-Cha was conducting business. He pulled aside one of the House Elves toting the liquor cart and pouring drinks and asked if it wasn’t too late to order some wine. No, not a glass, a bottle. Actually, the most expensive bottle that the kitchen had on hand, and Cha-Cha would be willing to pay for it. The House Elf had looked confused, but the appearance of a fifty-dollar bill and the promise that it could all be hers, separate from the cost of the wine, had washed away her doubts. Then she’d disappeared to consult with the kitchen, and a few minutes later she’d returned with a bottle of Stag’s Leap Artemis Cabernet Sauvignon, and they settled on a price of a hundred and eighty dollars. Cha-Cha paid in cash, surprised that that was the best wine money could buy in America. But then again, he doubted Ilvermorny served alcohol except for special occasions.
He tipped the same House Elf, whom he’d come to establish a line of trust with very quickly, another twenty dollars to take the bottle off his hands and ensure that it was delivered at the private quarters of Defense Against the Dark Arts professor Marcello Bellini at exactly eleven o’clock for a midnight toast, complete with the appropriate glassware and maybe a tray of scones too, if that were possible. Also, it would be thoroughly appreciated if she could see to the arrangement of everything personally. But before she did, would she be so kind as to nudge the curly-haired blond boy and the short dark-skinned boy and tell them that Professor Chahaya would like to speak with them promptly, please? Another twenty dollars set her eyes so wide they almost popped out of her head, and ensured that she followed his instructions to a T. Oh, and make sure that dear Marcello doesn’t find out about the surprise toast ahead of time, okay?
With his pockets considerably lighter after the transaction–but that was okay, if it all went as planned–Cha-Cha waited for Ricky and Lis to come find him. The wait wouldn’t be long; while Ricky coming to view him as a friend might pose a threat to the chain of command, Cha-Cha was confident that Lis was intimidated enough by him to see the order obeyed swiftly. So Cha-Cha moved quickly during the interval that he had to himself. He glanced over at the table of Ilvermorny professors, located near the tournament table but maintaining a careful distance. Unsurprisingly, the woman he was looking for was seated directly across from Bellini, all eyes for him as she laughed at some witty quip or another he had made. She was pretty, wearing a peach-pink blazer and pencil skirt, dark hair pulled back from her face in a low bun. Stylish and chic, yet businesslike. She reminded Cha-Cha of a Korean flight attendant.
Cha-Cha looked at her covertly, holding up his empty wine glass as he did so as if contemplating another drink. Kimberly, he thought with intent. The woman paused and glanced to her right, as if looking for the person who’d said her name. Cha-Cha smiled pointedly as her gaze passed over him, drawing her eyes back to him. Velvety dark pools, reflecting the light and unguarded. The brief moment of eye contact was enough for Cha-Cha to slip in like a wraith. To find the glowing coal of energy, the core of her desire. Desire for Marcello. Cha-Cha coaxed it as he would a flame, bringing it to the forefront of her thoughts, until her pulse raced with it and her head spun. Take him to your room tonight, Kimberly, Cha-Cha suggested.
Those who had already finished their after-dinner drinks or didn’t wish to partake were beginning to rise from the tables, to stretch limbs that had long gone stiff and mingle with those who’d been seated at opposite ends. Cha-Cha felt a tap on his shoulder, glanced over, and saw Ricky standing behind him, Lis trailing the other boy shyly. “Nice timing,” Cha-Cha said, more appreciatively than either boy knew. He rose from his seat and addressed Einar and Amity. “It was a pleasure meeting you. Thank you for the lovely company over an even lovelier evening, and I look forward to calling you my colleagues this year.” He clasped both their hands briefly in farewell. When Kazimir extended his own, Cha-Cha swatted it cheekily aside and went in for a swift one-armed hug, a reassuring clap on the back. “No need to pretend like you don’t know me, Cap. Don’t be a stranger, eh?” Cha-Cha wondered whether Kazimir would make an amusing mark after he was done toying with Amity, but Kaz was from Russia, where certain same-sex relationships were uncouth. He’d have to collect more intel before he played with fire.
Cha-Cha abandoned the mask he’d taken off during dinner on the table. He bought a new one every Carnival season, and right now, he wanted his pockets as light as possible. Deadweight would just slow him down, and he didn’t want to take the chance of dropping any condemning evidence at the scene of the crime. Even if that scene–if all went as planned–wouldn’t be salvageable for much longer. He turned and gave both his students a curt nod. “Congratulations on your championship, Lisandro. Now walk with me. One of the House Elves was kind enough to tell me how to get to the library. Let’s go that way, yeah?”
Once they’d exited the Great Hall and taken a few turns down torch-lit corridors with long, guttering shadows, past rows of darkened classrooms and down a flight of stairs, Cha-Cha got down to business. “Your training starts tonight. I understand you wanna go out and celebrate or maybe get some sleep before classes start tomorrow, but don’t fight me on this. We should have started this last semester, as some of your opponents from families that can afford it have spent their whole summers preparing for this tournament. So we have to make up for lost time. And hopefully I won’t require too much of yours tonight. Anyway, Ricky.”
Cha-Cha transferred his gaze to the taller of his two proteges, who blinked in alarm at hearing his name, as if he’d already begun the process of tuning Cha-Cha out. “Did you get a good glimpse of the House Elf who came to collect you and Lis?” He consulted his watch. “Because it’s 10:38 now, and in exactly twenty-two minutes, she is going to deliver a bottle of wine to a particular room. The room will most likely be free of inhabitants at the time of the delivery. I need you to track the House Elf down by any means necessary short of harm coming to her and tell me how to find this room. Give me any defining characteristics. And get back to us as quickly as possible. We’ll be waiting for you in the library, which is down the hall to the left of where we’re standing now. Most importantly, don’t be seen unless you are exceptionally skilled at memory charms, which I know for a fact you aren’t. Now get going, because your twenty-one minutes are ticking.”
Ricky looked bewildered but obeyed, his lips parted as if he meant to ask a question but couldn’t find the words. When Cha-Cha was left alone in the corridor with Lisandro, he said, “We have some time to kill before Ricky meets us at the library. During that time, we’re gonna go take a walk to the kitchens. Grab some cooking oil. Conceal us from sight and sound, please.” Lis asked how he should do that, to which Cha-Cha replied, “However you best know how. I don’t care how you do it, so long as it works.” Lis started to close his eyes, presumably reviewing his mental repertoire of spells, but then they snapped open. He asked, a little tentatively as if fearing the answer, whether they would be using the cooking oil to cook something. “Mm, nah,” Cha-Cha replied noncommittally. And then he elaborated, “More like somewhere. Cooking oil is highly flammable, you see.”

• Aurelia Quansah
    Uagadou - Female - Pure Blood - Secondary

The feast had certainly lived up to its name in quantity but as far as Aurelia was concerned there was still a good amount of quality to be missing. She had heard that American school food was known to be lacking but she had only ever been under the impression that such observations were regarding muggle schools, not wizarding academies such as Ilvermorny. It wasn’t awful and Auri made sure to be polite and eat her fair share, but the food lacked the spice and flavor she was used to in her meals. This was something that was always a bit of a culture shock to her when she traveled to countries that embraced a different pallet than she was used to. She would adapt and certainly find things she liked, she even made sure to thank the house elves that served her a rather delightful shrimp cocktail that was perfectly prepared. Not once did her judgements on the food creep across her features which she had learned during her life to keep a firm grasp on. So much could be given away with a single look, the twitch of a lip, the tilt of an eyebrow, and she didn’t have any interest in sharing her thoughts for free.

After the feast when the names were drawn and champions announced there was a heavy disappointment to not be chosen for the great honor of representing her school but still, she was proud to serve as a secondary. Leaning over to her classmate she gently rested her hand on Malaika’s lower arm and smiled at her, “Congratulations! I’m envious of course but I promise you will have no ally more dedicated than me.” She spoke with a smile and her words rang with honesty as they passed her lips. “Anything you need, anything at all, just ask.” She assured knowing that even if she wasn’t the champion for her school she still had every fiber of her body burning with the desire to see Uagadou thrive and triumph over all the other schools in this competition. Malaika wasn’t someone she knew entirely too well but from what she did know of the young woman it was clear she was more than ready to compete. They were both animagi, something she knew no other team could boast about and something she doubted many others were aware of. There was no doubt in the young heiress's mind that they would eventually use this skill to their advantage.

As announcements drew to an end she glanced over at the white-haired girl beside her and quirked a perfectly sculpted eyebrow. “Shall we depart to discuss strategy? I know this is a time of celebration but it is never too early to be prepared.” She suggested knowing that she wanted to cross check information gathered tonight with her teammate before things got too crazy and they lost the chance. She had tried to pick up as much as she could in casual conversation among the other students but knew that others had been doing the exact same. It was clear to anyone watching that the Ilvermorny champion was a metamorphamagus. Auri couldn’t tell how much control the young woman had over her shape-changing abilities. Based on the display tonight it looked as though her mood affected her appearance but it had yet to become obvious how far she could take her shape-shifting abilities. If the most danger she posed was turning her hair blue when she is excited then Malaika was likely in the clear with her. But, if this Gavriel Sylvie girl could fully transform into someone else then she might prove to be far more dangerous in a challenge. Auri hoped they would have an opportunity to gauge just how skilled the young woman was with her powers before the first challenge. “Think they would miss us if she disappeared to the courtyard?” She inquired as she gave Malaika a small smile and a wink.

Mentions: Malaika Wolfiee Wolfiee

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

MOOD: Embarrassed > Sick, hungry

OUTFIT: dress(click!) mask(click!) > red plaid pjs and baggy t-shirt

two
INTERACTIONS: Einar > OPEN

MENTIONS: n/a
two
TL;DR: Mey is taking a break from dancing, when Einar offers her a dance, she chugs her second glass of spiked punch, and takes it. She's clumsy, stomping on his feet and rambling about nonsense while the alcohol kicks in.
two
mey
Mey's rosy blush deepend as Einar spoke to her in such a dignified manner, and giggled nervously as he joked with her. "You have no need for a polyjuice potion, Einar. Even if you are ancient, you are probably the most handsome of the professors." She teased back, offering a toothy grin. Einar had a booming voice, and in close proximity it occasionally rattled in her chest. Something about its gravel felt comforting, similar to the warm but kind touch of his hands as they danced. "It is hard to pay attention to each other here. We have to pay attention to win competition, but there are so many of the faces and the names. These funny masks make it harder to keep everyone in order in my mind." Her smile dropped as she attempted to focus on her horrific attempt at dancing again—which was getting much harder by the minute—, though it returned much softer as he complimented her, her cheeks turning even redder. Mey wasn't used to being called a delight, even by a professor. She had been called many things before. Obtuse, disruptive, disrespectful, annoying, stupid, trouble. Maybe Vinogradov would call her delightful, for he was a gentle and patient man who seemed to put up with her mindless babbling and constant interruptions much better than her other instructors. But he was so detached, so distant from the student body that it seemed unlikely she would get a compliment on her personality.

She was appreciative of the older man's grace and kindness towards her. The Illvermorny boy she had danced with before certainly did not contain that same generosity, though he had truly tried to be tolerating of her poor dance skills. She had opened her mouth to speak, but it felt like her thoughts and her face were finally slowing down around her. It was rare for her to slow down or even shut up, but it felt almost like her mouth was too small for her tongue and her blinks felt slow and heavy as the room swam. She began to notice that she and Einar weren't moving nearly as much as she had thought, and instead the room was spinning around her as she leaned slightly to one side. Her eyes slowly drifted from the crowd to her dance partner's face, his striking blue eyes painted with worry. "Are you quite alright?" She took a beat. Was she alright? What was happening to her? All she had done was dance and drink punch. The young woman burst out laughing, abrupt amidst Einar's gentle worry. One hand reached across her body to gently grasp his, grateful for his touch, for she was sure he was keeping her from stumbling despite their lack of motion. The other hand cupped her heating cheek firmly.

"I am thinking there is more than fruit in the punch." She giggled, finding it difficult to separate her words as she spoke. "I think I should drink more of the water." Einar's face seemed to be a mix of concern and amusement at Mey's condition, and she couldn't help but grin again as she bashfully looked at his face. "This has become many embarrassing. It seems I have found a head." Another sheepish titter escaped her lips. She turned carefully away from the crowd, using one of Einar's arms for support, as she carefully but ungracefully stumbled away from the dancefloor in a noble pursuit for some water. Man, her kaftan was getting heavier and warmer by the minute. Her own clumsiness was typically her enemy on a good day, but tonight, as she was overwhelmed and certainly drunk on someone's nefariously spiked punch, it was certainly out to get her. Her light, wobbling footsteps led her unsteadily away, her toes catching the hem of her long skirt from time to time as she walked uprooting her precarious feet from the floor once again, causing a new round of nervous giggling to rise from her chest.

Once she had safely evaded the crowd without catastrophe, she found a seat and smiled graciously at Einar. "Thank you." She bowed her head, hoping to hide the embarrassment painted across her face. It occurred to her that she should maybe request Einar's silence, not wanting her state to get back to her own professor. Just as she had begun to open her mouth and raised her face towards Einar's to ask him for a favor, she was interrupted by a cacophony of noise. The floor shook, the music ceased with a twinge, glass shattered, gasps and shrieks filled the air, falling objects crashed around the ballroom, and a heavy beating sound practically deafened the group. As the room buckled and shuttered around her, Mey was thankful for the seat she had taken, gripping the sides of it firmly and tightening her core to stabilize herself. When the shock of it all had subsided, she retrieved her wand that was tucked in a hidden pocket in her skirt, white-knuckling it as her brown eyes frantically scanned the room for danger. The heavy beating sound had not yet ceased, and she unsteadily rose to her feet, adjusting to the periodic shaking.

"Woah." The sound had escaped her lips before she had even thought about what she was seeing, astonished by the stone creatures that had sauntered into the ballroom before her. She recognized them as creatures championed by this American school, not posing any threat at this precise moment. Her wand remained in her hand, ready for conflict, but her arm drooped slightly. She listened intently as each creature rattled off names, appointing students from each school as Octowizard champions for their schools. Each name meant that Koldovstoretz's champion had not been named, and her heart swelled with anticipation. Would she be named champion? She felt like she and her peers were on fairly even ground. Vasu may have applied himself more to his studies than she, Sasha had a kindness about her that the other two didn't radiate, and Mey prided herself on being the best duelist in Koldovstoretz. It could be any of them.

But it wasn't her. It was Vasu. And at the champion's announcement, she couldn't help but beam and clap furiously for him. And then, with the excitement over, she noticed the room swimming and her stomach turning.
***​
Mey had ditched the feast, feeling too ill to sit and pretend that she enjoyed American food that she was unfamiliar with. Instead, she spent the time hunched over a toilet, expelling the breakfast she had had before leaving for America that morning and the few snacks she had nibbled on on the train. The force of it all had squeezed tears from her eyes, as did the burning sensation in her throat and nose. When there was a break in her puking and she felt okay enough to stand, she found a house elf who was kind enough to aid her to her sleeping accommodations, where her luggage had been placed for her. She walked slowly, but more steadily than she had before, attempting to ignore the trembling that rendered her body weak. Once she was left alone in the room, filled with three beds, three wardrobes, and the piles of luggage each student rooming there had brought, she carefully removed her ornate, borrowed dress and packed it away. She opted instead for a large, baggy t-shirt and red, plaid pajama pants to exist more comfortably.

She seated herself gingerly on the edge of her bed, eyes closed and breathing deeply. Her stomach felt twisted and empty. She had caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror before arriving in her room, the makeup she was unfamiliar with wearing was smudge and she was paler than ever. If anyone saw her, her condition would likely be obvious. Normally, Halime handled her alcohol better, but the speed and fervor she had drunk her punch with and the exercise to immediately follow had caused it to metabolized faster than usual. Not to mention she hadn't even expected there to be alcohol served at the opening ceremonies. You would think they would warn you that there was whiskey— which is now what she was thinking was in that punch based on the flavor profile and her familiarity with the tingling burning sensation in her throat— in the unmanned punch bowl.

Despite the slight roll to the room when she opened her eyes, she found herself sorry she had missed dinner, a little hungry, and very thirsty. She was missing her evening cup of apple tea. It wasn't like her stomach would be able to handle a heavy meal, and she was right to avoid the feast at the time. But maybe one of the house elves in the kitchen would help her make her tea and let her nibble on Çizi, if they had any. With a new resolve, she pushed herself to her socked but shoeless feet, and decided she would search the castle for the kitchens and get something in her stomach. She had brought a canister of apple tea with her, in case the stops on the tournament tour didn't have any, and stooped down to clutch it to her chest, departing the room before any of her new roommates entered.

It was weird to her that the Americans had a castle to go to school in. In her mind, castles didn't seem very American to her. Castles seemed to exist everywhere else in the world but the Americas. It was a pretty castle, though she preferred Koldovstoretz's. She found herself looking everywhere but in front of herself. The titled floors, the stone walls, the moving paintings upon the walls, the high ceilings. There was a lot to take in, it would be easy to get lost in such a large school. "Hng!" While she was distracted, she failed to notice the person in front of her, running straight into them, sending her strait to the floor. She clenched her teeth as she landed flat on her ass, her canister of tea also clattering to the floor with a tinny clang. "Sorry! Many sorries!" She exclaimed quickly, looking up at her unknown obstacle.

((note - "found a head" is a literal translation for turkish slang, "find a head" means to get drunk))
well, you cured my January blues
Yeah, you made it alright
I've got a feelin' I've lit the very fuse
That you were tryin' not to light
code by valen t.

Last edited:
Malaika Odion
Uagadou Champion
location here
excited
outfit here
interactions

Aurelia Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1

Malaika was taking in the rich and dulled scents of all the different types of dishes. There were plenty that were familiar and some that weren’t familiar at all. However the aromas wafting from the table was enough to make her mouth water having forgotten breakfast earlier having been too excited for it. Now she was starving and ready to dig into all the dishes wanting to show appreciation for the American institution for hosting them. A few of the dishes weren’t as vibrant taste wise as the appearance of them, however that didn’t matter this time she would rather eat something more tame than wild with all the nerves filtering through her with what was about to come. Her long white hair was braided behind her keeping it out of the way as she continued partaking in the evening's dishes and with much to her surprise a dessert which she now deemed as a new favorite. It was a type of what seemed to be a pie if she remembered correctly; these were a type of cookie called Oreos as part of the main ingredient. Soon the dishes were cleared away and the students now full of food watched with heavy anticipation for who would be selected.

Her eyes widening with great interest as a giant stone serpent made its way forward, its body moving with surprising ease considering what it was made of. It was time its words rang out as it selected the Durmstrang champion then the great beast seemed to devour itself before disappearing. There wasn’t even time to breathe as another being moved forward the shattering of a window caught her attention for only a moment before the world became deadly silent to her. The only thing she could hear was her name being spoken by the beast before it disappeared after its announcement. If you asked her who was named next she couldn’t tell you as once her name was spoken she zoned out her mind instantly going into work on how she would win this tournament and bring glory to Uagadou. All thoughts on how she could do this? What would the cost truly be to win this entire thing so many similar questions rang through her mind. A hand suddenly touching her lower arm brought her out of her thoughts hearing Aurelia giving her congratulations while also admitting to being a bit disappointed about not being chosen. She couldn’t blame Aure; she was sure if things were reversed she would feel the same.

“Thank you, I appreciate that greatly.”Malaika said warmly, mainly because the two did not know one another well. However they both seemed to have the same mind set about bringing glory to their home school, their pride and joy. The smallest of rumbles seemed to leave the young woman a very happy feline-like sound, an indication of what her animagi form might be. As Aure suggested leaving for some private time to discuss strategies she let her gaze finally move over all the other students seeing the other champions. There seemed to be plenty of competition and she felt like Aurelia was correct; it was always best to be prepared. Her blue gaze met Aurelia’s eyes once more before giving another smile and a light nod.”I don’t think we will be missed or at least we won’t be missed immediately.”she said before carefully sliding out of her seat. When everyone seemed to be looking away she slipped away with her fellow classmate so they could get to the courtyard.

coded by natasha.

Raphael

Beauxbatons Champion

Mood:

Pumped

Ilvermorny

Outfit:

Interactions:

Gavy and Malaika

Raphael was excited that Gavy returned with the lonely girl in tow. He gave the stranger a big smile and laughed. "Did Gavy give ya an option or did she just steal ya?" He joked as he bumped the fairer skinned girl's shoulder. "I'm kidding. I'm Raphael." The three of them danced and it was his favorite one out of all the dancing partners he had. They didn't talk about anything in particular but lots of laughter was shared which was enough for Raphael to decide that he liked Malaika the same way he liked everyone else that he had met.

When it was time to eat Raphael chowed down. He tried to remember his manners but growing up poor he had the mentality of 'eat as much as you can and as quickly as you can'. Logically there was no reason for him to have fear that his food would be suddenly taken away or that he would be punished for eating but it was a hard habit to shake. As he ate, he met the eye of a man with long hair in a maroon suit who looked to be staring at him with an expression of understanding. Raphael didn't think any else of it besides that with how short the man was there was a good chance he had an idea why Raphael was eager to clear his plate twice.

The announcements came for who was chosen champion and Raphael wasn't surprised he was picked. Kiara and Naomi would have made just as good competitors but he had a gut feeling it would be him. He grinned across the table at his friends when his name was told through one of the stones. When everything else was done, the students were free to mingle and do as they pleased and immediately he sought out the pretty blonde he had been dancing with earlier.

"Gavy?" He said once he was close to the girl. He gave her a warm smile. "Congrats on getting picked!" He greeted. "I'm trying to gather some people who might want to hang out. Do you have any plans already? I was thinking we grab Kiara and Cosmo and anyone else we find."

Ricardo

Castelobruxo Secondary

Mood:

Nervous

Ilvermorny

Outfit:

Interactions:

Cha-Cha, Lisandro, Winter twins

Before Ricky could say anything more than "I'll make sure to not tell my best friend you're foaming at the mouth for him.", there was a commotion that drew the attention of everyone in the old American wizarding school. He watched in fascination while the champions were revealed. Clara was one of the last names to be announced and he tried but failed to find her in the mass of people to see her reaction. The shuffle that had happened on the dance floor made it difficult to find her because she was no longer where he had been watching her from behind Kiara. He clapped loudly for Lisandro getting selected and Clara too. He wondered if Cosmo was angry then decided that it didn't matter because no matter what Ricky was going to have to hear all about it. Ricky wasn't surprised at all that he wasn't picked as champion for his school. It was more of a relief that he wasn't going to be forced to compete especially now that he knew both of his old friends would be his competition. Both Cosmo and Clara were intense and he didn't want to fight either one of them.

With the dance and feast over Ricky looked around the room to find Lisandro. Thankfully a house elf found him first and very impressed that Cha-Cha had already made friends in a building full of people that probably wanted him dead, he followed the elf to his classmate and professor. "Congratulations Lis!" He said before they were led far away from other students. Ricky looked at his classmate as if to ask 'what bullshit is he up to now?' but didn't say anything. He had faith that their teacher that Ricky already trusted so much would explain everything eventually.

Explain he did not. Ricky looked at Cha-Cha like he grew three heads. "Huh? Why? That sounds a lot like stalking." Was Cha-Cha experiencing his first rejection? Was Ricky going to be committing some sort of crime just so his teacher could get his dick wet? Why else would he care about where wine was going? It didn't matter. He wasn't given any more explanation and having enough trust in his teacher that whatever he had up his sleeve would only border creepy if they all got caught, Ricky left and thought through his options.

All Cha-Cha said was don't get caught and get it done in roughly twenty minutes. But he wasn't paying close attention when the elf brought him to Lisandro because he had been staring at Clara. So he barely remembered what the elf looked like and he had to find the room some bottle was being delivered to, remember where it was, and find Cha-Cha and Lis when he was done? If he had a heads up it would have been no problem but that was probably the point. This was training after all.

He walked away and sighed. At least he wasn't directionally challenged. He found his way back to the great hall easily and thankfully the very pair of siblings he needed were right there. Cha-Cha's rules didn't include getting people to help him. They were fighting but if he could prod Cosmo into saying the right things there was a good chance Clara would help. She was who he really needed because Cosmo was less likely to help under the vague circumstances. He would have a lot of questions. Clara? She would want something in return and he had just the thing for it if she took Ricky's bait. Ricky would take both of their help if they agreed since he wanted his favorite teacher to meet his best friends but there was a fat chance he walked away without either of their help.

"Cosmo. Clara." He drawled as he approached them. He wrapped an arm around Cosmo's shoulders and tried to wrap one around Clara who likely smacked his hand away or turned to avoid his touch. He tried not to look wounded by it. "What do you say we blow this party and do something more fun? Say ... sneak around and stalk one of their house elves because my professor asked me to?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back