• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Aviator

are you laughing at my brother?
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hey, guys, this is just a thread where you can post any ideas you have for the RP, your character's relationships with others, questions or comments you may have, or if you simply just want to chat with your fellow RPers. Please, don't be afraid to put forth any ideas you come up with! Anything and everything are welcome. Just the basic rules:
1) No OOC fighting
2) I don't mind swearing, just don't take it to the extreme
3) Respect each other
4) Be appropriate
5) Have fun!!
:D

Hi! I figured it would be better to post here. Yes I’ll be finishing up my second character soon!

Also anyone who wishes to plot some with Angelique please let me know.

Hello hello! Excited to start planning with everyone. I’d like to get at least a few established dynamics as well as future ideas down before the roleplay begins, so please reach out if you’re interested in my silly little guy.

I would love to plot some with Angelique too, should you feel up to it! She’s such an awesome character; I adore her already. It seems she and Aki both play or have played Quidditch(?) — him as a Chaser and her as a Seeker — so they have that in common to start with! I also think they both like magical creatures. Maybe we can use that to fuel some interaction concepts? Let me know what you think!

Hey, hi, hello!!! I've been pacing back and forth (in excitement) for this thread and, now that I've been freed of life's responsibilities, I present you all my a-hole of a man Aoi (moody baby tm)!

He's hard to get along with and says some mean things, but I prommy he's a genuine softie (he also has a weasel so like... if not for him, come for the weasel...). I'm totally down to plan with him around characters he might know already, or even plan a dynamic to build later in the plot! Here are some points I think we can work around:

▪︎ Aoi is a very scary Keeper and takes quidditch very seriously, so there's room for connections through that. Maybe they've played matches before or ran into each other during cross-school matches?

▪︎ Pureblood moments — Aoi has some very powerful heritage on his side, and seeing as his family likes to have their hands on everything, we can have established connections between pureblood students that maybe they were introduced for networking sake! Swish around the bowl of wizard nobility.

▪︎ Divination gang, let's group up and read stars and study ancient magic :P. Aoi is really into ancient forms of magic and excels in his Divination courses so there's some room to mess around with spells there! He's also a great curse-breaker, so there's potential to keep him around if only to supervise when groups wanna do stupid stuff lmao

I love Angelique so so much so I'm totally open to planning something with her (pre-established or something to explore later)! I'm still new to how this whole site works, so bear with me while I try to figure out how to reach out and plan haha. Hold my hand a little until I get there please /t (first time using RP Nation and all </3)

I am so excited to plot with the both of you! I’m honestly open to so much plotting with Angelique! So she’s definitely traveled a lot over the years. I think it would be possible for her to know these two before the competition. It can be brief or even them being closer as friends so it’s super exciting when they realize they get to compete against one another!

I can already picture Angel, Aki, and Aoi chatting about quidditch techniques. (I also can just picture them being called the triple A threat because they all have names starting with A)

I am so excited to plot with the both of you! I’m honestly open to so much plotting with Angelique! So she’s definitely traveled a lot over the years. I think it would be possible for her to know these two before the competition. It can be brief or even them being closer as friends so it’s super exciting when they realize they get to compete against one another!

I can already picture Angel, Aki, and Aoi chatting about quidditch techniques. (I also can just picture them being called the triple A threat because they all have names starting with A)
Please!!! Triple A Threat meeting via travel and Quidditch I'm — I love the idea of them all having some match some time over the past years and ended up talking after the game. Like those sportsmanship handshakes!! Except Aoi probably would shake only for a moment before wiping his hands off cuz he's a freak (affectionate) like that.

Them rambling to each other over Quidditch techniques would be so cute, especially since all three play different positions and have to deal with different situations <3<3

I don't mind either option of brief or friends, but!!! Aoi takes a while to warm up so even if they did become friends, he's probably still prickly like a cactus... but he'll still "tolerate" (read: comfortably listen) to Angel talk to him and be at least a little chattier than with others. He's just a moody lil guy

Quidditch buddies! That'd be genuinely so sweet. Maybe they met during a match like vvkastel vvkastel said when one of their teams was traveling and just kinda… clicked. I could definitely see Aki impressed by a technique and instantly deciding to ask questions. He's way too excitable about that sort of thing. In this case, it seems he'd be a stark contrast to Aoi; a brief handshake vs a firm handshake and a delighted stream of consciousness. "How long have you been playing for?" "Were you always a Seeker?" "Who manufactured your broom?" Etc. etc. Such a dork :closedeyessmile:

And! Triple A Threat!! They'd be such a cool (and potentially endearing) trio. Aki may be loud and snarky, but I promise he's got some good in him and would make a loyal friend if we wanted them that close. He would jump at the occasion to get to know skilled Quidditch players either way, even outside of games. All it would take is someone showing him a tiny bit of kindness, or demonstrating similar interests, so it seems we're winning with the latter if nothing else! haha

vvkastel vvkastel Since Vasu is also from a pureblood family I think maybe we can plot some shared history? Like maybe he and Aoi met a few times at the international Wizarding country club lmao. I'm open to ideas, but I get the feeling that there would be some tension between them because Aoi seems the prim and proper type whereas Vasu is a hellion prone to solving disputes with a duel. Or for comic relief, one-sided tension, where Vasu hasn't quite figured out or cares that Aoi dislikes him and greets him with unreciprocated warmth each time. What do you think?

My boi's form will be finished tomorrow night, scout's honor! I'm also gonna make an ex-con Uagadou professor who's won a previous Triwizard Tournament, and I'll do my best not to take a million years to finish that form. XD

Aviator Aviator Ooo!!! Absolutely! You're spot on that Aoi is the prim-and-proper type pureblood since his whole family is generally the type to be vicious (faux polite) smiles and put heavy stress on respect and manners etc etc. If Vasu is loud and quick to throw his weight around, Aoi definitely won't like him lmao

I'm down for either dynamic!! If they met at some fancy schmancy club somewhere where purebloods mingle, there's a high chance maybe their families urged them to be friends for some general gain — and since Vasu solves problems with duels and Aoi doesn't, I like the idea of Vasu always trying to instigate a duel met with Aoi's cold "Absolutely not."

Lemme think cuz an unreciprocated hatred would definitely lead to a fun blow up later on and make Aoi very uncomfy, but mutual hatred also means we could play off of the intentional warmth solely to piss Aoi off. I mean what's more slap in the face than someone who doesn't like to be touched getting an arm thrown around the other or back and forth insults that just get worse cuz they want to one-up each other?

(I'd also like to connect with their mutual dislike of pureblood arranged marriages since Aoi is constantly being pressured into dating other purebloods and that's one of Vasu's big fears. Comraderie there mayhaps!)

vvkastel vvkastel I feel like as a first year who's just gotten his wand Vasu wouldn't have taken no for an answer and attacked Aoi anyway, forcing a duel because his head was way too big for his shoulders and getting the dogshit jinxed outta him because Aoi is older and more experienced. But he wouldn't hold any hard feelings about it because he brought it on himself and got beaten fair and square. If anything he'd respect Aoi more for being a worthy opponent, because strength is the ultimate virtue to Vasu. Ever after, I think Vasu would be most likely to see Aoi as a friendly rival, competing for who gets better grades and more academic honors and who can brag better without openly bragging, but not meaning anything malicious by it. Maybe Vasu would be a little jealous of Aoi even, because on the surface Aoi seems perfect and unflappable, while Vasu also does well in school but with a lot of effort. And Vasu just doesn't realize all the blood, sweat, and tears that Aoi expends to appease his family. What do you think?

And yaaaaahhhs to your idea about their mutual dislike of arranged matches! Vasu is actually already betrothed and is dearly dreading graduating from school because that's when he's supposed to marry, and he really doesn't want that. But he realizes that his family isn't as powerful as it once was and his mentality is that he's gotta suck it up and take one for the team and that his feelings are irrelevant, so he's not really doing anything to fight it. Anyway though, if ever you wanna develop a friendship arc between them, Vasu confiding in Aoi about his betrothal might be a good segue.

Aviator Aviator YES YES YES!! A surprise attack only to get messed up and then building up a rivalry with some jealousy and respect mixed in!! Aoi appearing completely unphased and polished like everything comes naturally, but Vasu doesn't see the literal hours Aoi spends studying and practicing until he's nearly collapsing from exhaustion just to keep his family from deciding that he's "stagnating and in need of intervention" by their own means. Meanwhile they're both shooting challenging quips and jabs at one another and mentioning grades to see which of them "beat" the other in between their family's vacations.

That being saaaaid... Aoi did stop visiting his family as often in recent years, so his time at any fancy pureblood get away definitely shortened. Instead of maybe 3 times a year, Vasu only caught him once. Could mean that this tournament is the first time they're meeting again in months so definitely an opportunity to start shit right away. Time apart makes the heart grow fonder, no? Snickering

I think confessions could be really cute as a friendship opportunity along the line. Vasu getting to confide in someone who also seems to be dealing with the same issues yet has a little more freedom. Gives room for Aoi to admit his own thoughts on arranged marriage too :D Pureblood struggles smh... They're too rich to cry (teasing)

I can’t wait! I’m also just finishing up how I want my second characters backstory and then he should be finished.

k-i-p k-i-p I think Aki and Vasu will clash initially but have the potential to become bros later. They both have a need to establish dominance that may cause some tension and will prolly go back and forth trying to one-up each other. When Vasu dislikes someone, he doesn't try to hide it, so he may find himself accidentally on purpose instigating some confrontations with Aki. However, I think once he observes Aki a little more and competes against him, Vasu will admire his grit and seeming fearlessness. I thoroughly doubt he would have seen a hanyou before, and should Aki ever get a little lackadaisical with his glamours, Vasu will be like WTF?! and maybe even a little intimidated, because he's wary of things he doesn't understand. Ngl his first instinct will prolly be to exorcise the demon that is using Aki as a host.

Wolfiee Wolfiee Given Angelique's shy and soft-spoken disposition, I think it will be easy for Vasu to underestimate her. He's impressed by swaggering shows of strength, and he may initially write Angelique off as a weakling with no chance of winning. He doesn't trust kindness from strangers and always thinks he has something to prove, like he doesn't need handouts or assistance to get where he needs to be, and he may find Angelique's brand of unending compassion a little nauseating. His nickname for her will prolly be Tenderheart like the Care Bear, used disparagingly of course. He may actually bully her a little until she does something to prove her mettle.

howdy everyone! i just joined with two characters, champion clara and her secondary/brother cosmo. if anyone wants to do some plotting with them im happy to work something out! everyone had really cool characters and im excited to see what happens with everyone

edit to add: i read up above that there is likely some sort of higher society club thing for the purebloods? clara and cosmo likely go to those! i never explicitly said what their parents do for a living so it wouldnt be a problem to just assign them some random important role as their jobs lol. clara is a cocky troublemaker and cosmo is a more friendly person - clara either gets kicked out every time she goes or is kissing butts to make connections, whereas cosmo tries to talk to anyone and everyone that he can

pearjuice pearjuice MORE PUREBLOODS TO JOIN THE FANCY CLUB!! I'm open to any dynamic with my reclusive lil guy Aoi. Just lemme know what you're thinking relationship wise and I'm fair game!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back