Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

Not so much that they are obscure, as a lot of these fandoms should be fairly well-known... But I just never really see these advertised for RP:
  • Cursed Earth denizen in the Judge Dredd fandom
  • OC in the Conan the Barbarian fandom
  • Wenja tribe member (OC) in the Farcry Primal fandom
  • Battle Sister in the WH40K fandom
^ in group RP

I've been wary of fandom RP since people can be very controlling over how you portray certain characters...
that's why I always make OC's in any/every fandom setting

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it's obscure, but I feel like it scares away many people due to its complexity and in-lore hostility.

But uh yeah. Warhammer 40000.

I wouldn't say it's obscure, but I feel like it scares away many people due to its complexity and in-lore hostility.

But uh yeah. Warhammer 40000.
there's actually been a few attempts on RPN to get a WH40K group going since I joined. I've been in three of them. But for whatever reason, they seem to stall out or never quite get going. Also, yeah it's really not that obscure of a fandom. On some other sites, it actually comes up pretty commonly as an RP setting. But RP aside, Warhammer 40k has gotten insanely popular over the years. I started painting the minis in the 90's. And back then no one knew wtf I was talking about. Now, they are so many memes and such about them. I've even seen peeps who don't even know about Khorne quoting the "Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull throne" mantra w/out even knowing where they got it from.

I would kill a man and be arrested for it so that I could roleplay in a Paradise Killer roleplay. Its such an interesting world and it leaves lots of room for exploring plots!

American Weebs Be Like:
Pokemon
Attack on Titan
7 Deadly Sins
My Hero Academia

American Nerds Be Like:
Halo
Doom
Fallout
Warhammer
Crysis
Dead Rising
Call of Duty
Battlefield
World of Tanks
Marvel
DC Comics
Titanfall
For Honor
Overwatch
Star Wars Battlefront
Destiny
Mass Effect
Star Wars
Mortal Kombat
Tom Clancy's: Rainbow Six Siege
Tom Clancy's: Splinter Cell
Metal Gear Solid
Ghost Recon
Tomb Raider
Assassin's Creed
War Thunder
Spider-Man
Harry Potter
Minecraft
Resident Evil
God of War
The Witcher
Terminator
Ghost Rider.

Mm...so I've learned I'm way more into OCs but:

- Vampire Knight
- Cardcaptor Sakura
- Vampire Chronicles

How about that RIFTS, guys? It's a different flavor of grimdarkness mixed with wackiness than 40k, but it's got plenty of lore and evocative old-school RPG art.
This site has a pretty large community in the dice section compared to a lot of sites. The system seems to be the biggest hurdle to jump for a lot of people.

Doom x Warhammer 40k

We need it.
I mean, if you imagine the Doom protagonist as an Astartes and just say he is fighting alone somewhere in the Eye of Terror.... well, that's essentially the domain of Hell. Done.

...methinks this could totes be a thing. lmao

...Warhammer 40000.
...Warhammer...

Well, as I had mentioned before, there have actually been a few attempts at WH40K group RPs in the last couple months here. I've joined on three of them, but they stalled out for various reasons. There have actually been more requests, but I didn't try at the others because either they:
1) Required character types I wasn't interested in playing as
2) Were 1x1 RPs. I'm not really into 1x1, or
3) I was just not in the mood to try for a 40k RP again at that point and time.

If one of y'all is willing to GM something however, I STILL have an Adepta Sororita Ive been trying to get into a 40K roleplay for quite a while. Otherwise, I would also be willing to participate in a setting where I could play as a Gretchin.
t192907_u163681.png

Last edited:
One of the few fandoms I really want to do is a 1x1 based on Parasyte: The Maxim, maybe set sometime after the events in the manga.

And I'd really like one of us to play a parasite and the other the person it's attached to. I don't know if this is just too weird to be up anyone's alley, though. : P
I mean I know this is two years later, but like
I understand but also for me the thought of that is kinda cringe
I mean I would roleplay it but probably not as anyone even directly tying to the main character cause for me that's just mega amounts of cringe

American Weebs Be Like:
Pokemon
Attack on Titan
7 Deadly Sins
My Hero Academia

American Nerds Be Like:
Halo
Doom
Fallout
Warhammer
Crysis
Dead Rising
Call of Duty
Battlefield
World of Tanks
Marvel
DC Comics
Titanfall
For Honor
Overwatch
Star Wars Battlefront
Destiny
Mass Effect
Star Wars
Mortal Kombat
Tom Clancy's: Rainbow Six Siege
Tom Clancy's: Splinter Cell
Metal Gear Solid
Ghost Recon
Tomb Raider
Assassin's Creed
War Thunder
Spider-Man
Harry Potter
Minecraft
Resident Evil
God of War
The Witcher
Terminator
Ghost Rider.
You wish lmao

Obscure fandoms? There's quite a few I have in mind.

-Plants vs Zombies: I remember when I was younger, my siblings and I had even drawn plants from PvZ and PvZ2 on cardboard and roleplayed with them. We gave each a distinct personality, and even developed our own headcanon pairings. Honestly I'd love to find someone who would be interested in RPing PvZ plants. I have OC plants as well. If they know about PvZ Heroes, well, roleplaying as them could be fun as well!

-Squid Girl / Ika Musume: This anime is what I consider to be what introduced me into the world of anime. While I did watch a couple of animes like Pokemon and Kirby Right Back at Ya before, this was the first anime I truly watched to the end, and I enjoyed every episode, and upon finishing this one I went on to look for more. It's definitely one of the most known animes, in fact I don't remember seeing anyone other than myself bring it up in all the posts I've seen on this site, but if there's anyone who knows about this anime, and would be willing to RP it, I'd be glad to! I've even got OCs.

-The Powerpuff Girls: For a while I've had the idea of RPing an aged up version of this. Perhaps having the main trio being teens in a highschool setting, or perhaps something else, but still keep them being superheroes of Townsville. Have the well-known villains attacking the city as usual, and I have some OCs to add into the mix as well.

Those are the ones I could think of right now, but there might be more that I don't remember at the moment.

-The Powerpuff Girls...
Allegedly, they are going to be making a live-action reboot of the Powerpuff Girls. just an fyi. Fair warning though, it's airing via the CW network. Basically guaranteed to be cringe inducing.

Allegedly, they are going to be making a live-action reboot of the Powerpuff Girls. just an fyi. Fair warning though, it's airing via the CW network. Basically guaranteed to be cringe inducing.
Could be yet they hired spongebob as the narrator.
Not all the cw shows are cringe just this one in general might be

Users who are viewing this thread

Back