Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

Dunno if you can classify it as obscure, but I'd love to do a Dirk Gentley RP

Not sure if this is an obscure fandom, but Voltron: Legendary Defenders specifically. Of course, an AU version of it.

Though..... when I have the time.... Which I don't...

For me it would be the LoE gentleman comic by Allen Moore. I’m a sucker for the Hyde/Mina friendship/romance stuff

The Dog Island, this is a game I used to play when I was younger and I still play it to this day. Kinda weird wanting to roleplay dogs on an island but gosh, would I love to roleplay this.

Natsume Yuujinchou is like one of my favs and hardly anyone that's consumed the manga/anime rp's it in my experience. Also, all the older school stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho and DBZ and stuff from the back in the day Toonami/Adult Swim lol Wolf's Rain is also another mention from that time period.

i'd LOVE to do some no. 6 rp. or star vs. rp. i've had shion and star listed as characters on my multimuse on tumblr since i made it at the beginning of the year but i haven't gotten any interest whatsoever. )': guess that's what happens when you're late to the boat.

Natsume Yuujinchou is like one of my favs and hardly anyone that's consumed the manga/anime rp's it in my experience. Also, all the older school stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho and DBZ and stuff from the back in the day Toonami/Adult Swim lol Wolf's Rain is also another mention from that time period.

I know that first post was kinda a while ago but I'm almost surprised to see anyone wanna roleplay Wolf's Rain and No.6

Tbh either I didn't look in the right places years ago but outside of some wolf rps I've never seen a Wolf's Rain rp, since I think the setting for it is pretty interesting. Same with No.6 tbh.

A Minecraft RP always interested me but there's zero point of doing an MC RP outside of Minecraft.
There really needs to be a video game that is optimized for roleplaying but also has game mechanics to it. How nice would it be to create your map through actual hard work and cultivate a story in a visual/interactive way.
Yeah, DnD is cool, but I don't want dice I want minecraft for writers.

Advance Wars is another one I've thought of (currently watching a Days of Ruin playthrough).

I think I mostly only ever want to RP dead or underrated fandoms, but lately I've mostly wanted to RP Love & Legends. Even within the somewhat dead fandom most people only want to RP MC with one of the canon Love Interests, but I mostly would rather RP non-MC couples (August/Reiner or Saerys/Reiner, just for examples) or at least non-canon MC couples (MC/Lennox for instance).

Oh Boy

Equestria at War - a STUNNINGLY detailed and fleshed out world of magic and 20th century warfare, with dozens of competing nations and factions, all set on the backdrop of My Little Pony of all things. By all systems of logic this should not be as good as it is, but the writing alone has made it one of the biggest mods in the Hearts of Iron 4 community right now.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 2: Mental Omega - a 3 way war between the collapsing Western Allies in America, Europe and the Pacific, an international alliance of Communist nations consisting of the Soviet Union, China, and a Unified South America, and Epsilon, a secretive cabal of incredibly powerful psychics, terrorists, and super scientists who are manipulating the other to to their own ends. Super powers, Nuclear War, and battles on the moon are all just single parts of what comes out of it.

Really there are a lot of good War settings that don't get enough attention due to being too weird in concept to execute

Oh Boy

Equestria at War - a STUNNINGLY detailed and fleshed out world of magic and 20th century warfare, with dozens of competing nations and factions, all set on the backdrop of My Little Pony of all things. By all systems of logic this should not be as good as it is, but the writing alone has made it one of the biggest mods in the Hearts of Iron 4 community right now.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 2: Mental Omega - a 3 way war between the collapsing Western Allies in America, Europe and the Pacific, an international alliance of Communist nations consisting of the Soviet Union, China, and a Unified South America, and Epsilon, a secretive cabal of incredibly powerful psychics, terrorists, and super scientists who are manipulating the other to to their own ends. Super powers, Nuclear War, and battles on the moon are all just single parts of what comes out of it.

Really there are a lot of good War settings that don't get enough attention due to being too weird in concept to execute

Because of that MLP concept I'm now picturing a pony Hitler.

A weird one? Hmm. I guess it'd have to be
Alive: the final evolution. It's doable but it'd just be kinda awkward since that could just be bnha so no one would really care.

Silver spoon would also be interesting but not too many people would rp that as it wouldn't have a very high value.

+Anima would be very cute to rp as but once again would be under the special powers trope so...

There's just a whole bunch I'd love to...but just wouldn't fit in the society of today. Either that or because it'd just be ccxcc. Which is less wanted in this society since mostly its ccxoc or whatnot.

ive got a few;

- assassins creed; i had a few rps in the past in this fandom but our rp styles were really different so i had to end them
- red dead redemption 2; i had the fattest crushes on arthur and javier
- call of duty advanced warfare; dont judge, gideon is a very fine man
- criminal minds; this is one of those rps that i really want to do but im not sure how to execute it
- the society; i didnt finish it but i love the setting

While I'm not actively looking, I wouldn't mind a Gantz roleplay. I haven't seen a lot, if any, of people advertising it.
Several years back on another place, I did a roleplay based off it with a great partner. We had so much fun with it. I would probably do a Yasuke roleplay too. The Netflix show was a mess.

Boys Next Door by Kaori Yuki
I used to RP Lars on Dreamwidth and I miss that sad boy.

amberskies amberskies , I love Red Dead Redemption, as well! I’ve tried to roleplay it a few times, but it feels like every person I run into wants me to write Dutch for them and I just— I can’t. I always try to write the canon my partner wants, but I hate him so much that I can’t enjoy the writing process. He’s such a slimeball.

The Man in the High Castle. I love the concept and I'm interested in alternative history. Of course the show (and book) could only explore so much in the setting. I feel like there's so much more that can be done with that setting, particularly with the more sci-fi elements about parallel universes and such.

Man I what I wouldn't give to do a pro wrestling rp. Really getting an interest check isn't the hard part but I really don't know how to structure it in terms of mechanics

amberskies amberskies , I love Red Dead Redemption, as well! I’ve tried to roleplay it a few times, but it feels like every person I run into wants me to write Dutch for them and I just— I can’t. I always try to write the canon my partner wants, but I hate him so much that I can’t enjoy the writing process. He’s such a slimeball.
i like dutch at the beginning of the game, but by the end he becomes such an ass ugh. my crush is usually arthur tbh but also javier has my heart

Long Live The Queen. Like, the computer game. It'd be really interesting and fun to RP in that world or something similar!

Man I what I wouldn't give to do a pro wrestling rp. Really getting an interest check isn't the hard part but I really don't know how to structure it in terms of mechanics
That depends on how gamey you'd want to run it. On one side of the spectrum, there are plenty of wrestling TTRPGs. On the other, you could handle it like the actual thing, decide who'll win beforehand and work out what you'll be doing as you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back