Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

You know what Xenosaga is?! I've no words! Albedo needed a hug and the Gnosis were terrifying!

It wouldn't be too difficult to make a rp >> ...
Lol!! XD It is one of the best game series of all time! Kosmos has been on my cosplay list since I’ve played it! I also have a Kosmos figurine in my art room!

It wouldn’t be hard to build! =D I’d be up for it if you are! (And probably start a new thread for this convo XD )

I’d like to RP something based on a strategy game like Civilization Revolution. I wouldn’t be sure at the mechanics and the pacing because it takes time to complete a game, but it’s fun to think about.

This is the absolute opposite of obscure in the grand scheme of international sci-fi, but doing something with the Doctor Who lore seems fun.
It's been around for almost sixty years so there's plenty to play around with.

Bright - the Netflix film
Dragonlance - Book series
The Boys - Comic series and Amazon show
Castlevania - The original game mythology OR the Netflix adaptation
Hellsing - Manga or Ultimate OVAs
Yu Yu Hakusho - Manga/Anime
Black Butler - Anime/Manga
X-Men - The actual comics, not shows or movies

Some of these might not count as obscure in terms of popularity, but finding competent rp partners is IMPOSSIBLE.

Some of these might not count as obscure in terms of popularity, but finding competent rp partners is IMPOSSIBLE.
My sister and I started a Bright rp! :3 Sadly, we both got super busy and haven’t continued it. XD

My sister and I started a Bright rp! :3 Sadly, we both got super busy and haven’t continued it. XD
Unfortunate! I've tried both group and 1v1 and no one seems to know what I'm even talking about most of the time. It makes me so sad because it's such a good movie!

Wait did you mean the boys from the amazon series? I know someone who rps as a character or two

I'd love to roleplay OCs in the setting of the Parahumans series—there's actually quite a few servers for that fandom, but they all have too much focus on combat and not enough on the canon-typical psychological torment for my taste.

I've also been thinking a lot about the Chinese webnovel Scum Villain's Self-Saving System recently, though I'm not sure what my ideal roleplay for that fandom would look like yet. Probably either OC cultivators (or demons? or, more intriguingly, cultivators and demons?), a romance between obscure side characters, or some kind of canon divergence AU that forces me to suffer through the novel all over again.

The original four Phantasy Star games. I would give anything for a partner who plays canons from the original four Phantasy Star games.

The D&D setting, right? Did it get any 5E support or did it get left behind like so many others?
Unless the series name got reused, which I've seen a few times.
It's more than just a DnD setting, though that is how Weis and Hickman were originally introduced to the idea. I mean the novels they wrote based on said DnD setting setting the campaign they ran through with some friends as well as the story they wrote themselves afterwards to continue and deepen the mythos of the world of Krynn.

I'd love to roleplay OCs in the setting of the Parahumans series—there's actually quite a few servers for that fandom, but they all have too much focus on combat and not enough on the canon-typical psychological torment for my taste.
*Head rotates 180 degrees to face you* Someone say Parahumans?

Oh, I have a few fandoms that I’d love to RP.
- Westworld: I’ve been searching for someone to do this one with me forever.
- The Alienist: 19th century crime/detectives, aside from Sherlock, is intriguing.
- Goosebumps: Less serious take on horror.
- Altered Carbon: my fave Sci-Fi show/series at the moment.
- Dungeon Meshi: I really enjoyed reading this manga. Kinda gives off light hearted MMO vibes with story generally about the heroes eating the monsters they defeat.

Oh, I have a few fandoms that I’d love to RP.
- Westworld: I’ve been searching for someone to do this one with me forever.
- The Alienist: 19th century crime/detectives, aside from Sherlock, is intriguing.
- Goosebumps: Less serious take on horror.
- Altered Carbon: my fave Sci-Fi show/series at the moment.
- Dungeon Meshi: I really enjoyed reading this manga. Kinda gives off light hearted MMO vibes with story generally about the heroes eating the monsters they defeat.
Westworld and Goosebumps are musts.

Also I kinda wanna do a Five Night's at Freddy's roleplay
I make a really diverse badass Foxy
also i can make an awesome ship lore between him and mangle
and like i know a few people who can play the characters and give them the sort of personality that suits them *pun intended*

Westworld and Goosebumps are musts.

Also I kinda wanna do a Five Night's at Freddy's roleplay
I make a really diverse badass Foxy
also i can make an awesome ship lore between him and mangle
and like i know a few people who can play the characters and give them the sort of personality that suits them *pun intended*

If you’d ever be interested to RP either, Westworld or Goosebumps, let me know. :)

FNAF has such a deep lore and offers a variety of different characters. It’d be interesting to see that Foxy. I really like Ballora or The Puppet.

Unfortunate! I've tried both group and 1v1 and no one seems to know what I'm even talking about most of the time. It makes me so sad because it's such a good movie!

It’s one of my top movies! XD I watch it a couple times a year! My sis and I were larping/notebook playing it. We were also not telling each other which of our characters were Brights or not. >:] I’d be up for a Bright 1x1 or group rp if you are! =D The Boys is really fun too! But I need to catch up on season 2, lol!

Last edited:
It's more than just a DnD setting, though that is how Weis and Hickman were originally introduced to the idea. I mean the novels they wrote based on said DnD setting setting the campaign they ran through with some friends as well as the story they wrote themselves afterwards to continue and deepen the mythos of the world of Krynn.
That's how it is with a lot of old D&D settings. A lot of them had neat content but got pushed to the side over time.
I might list em' in a future post here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back