• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Mission] Stealing is a Capital Crime

Malina O. Maribelle

Malina ran her palms against the hem of her skirt nervously. She had already been rather last minute about joining this mission at the guild hall, but now time was more pressing. In her spaced out state thinking on which flowers to plant in front of the guild she had completely missed her stop on the train ride. Backtracking took her an amount of time she was sure would make her late for the briefing. She just hoped there weren't any big Fairy Tail mages on the mission, or she would burn up with embarrassment!

She reached into her purse and pulled out the map of the city. She looked around her and referenced the map to figure out where she was. If she was reading the map correctly she wasn't too far from the museum she was supposed to go to. Tracing a path on the map with her finger and glancing up at the way she had to start a few times, she folded the map up and put it away. She set off with a light smile and a look of concentration in her eyes. She was very determined not too end up later than she already was.

She ended up distracted an extra few minutes anyway, when she stopped to "ooh" and "aah" at a flower shop display. She cursed her ability to be so easily distracted or spacy as she made her way to the museum. Arriving, she found herself at a front desk where a receptionist sat. The woman looked up and her and glanced over Malina. At first Malina thought the woman seemed annoyed, but that passed and she seemed to perk up while looking at Malina.

"Hello ma'am! Unfortunately we are closed at the moment. However, I do have brochures and pamphlets here if you would like. Or perhaps you wish to purchase tickets for tomorrow's grand opening?" The receptionist saw the diminutive woman in her white blouse and pink skirt, holding a large white purse, as a breath of fresh air. Clearly she had to be a citizen looking for tickets and information!

Malina was surprised at the energy and sudden offer of information. "A-actually I was told to come here for a meeting for a mis...sion.." As each word left her mouth she saw the woman's mood darken. Malina panicked, unsure what to do. "Uh, uh. But I would love the brochure and pamphlet, I'll gladly come back after the mission!" Malina tried reassuring the woman, which seemed to work to some degree. She took the brochure and pamphlet handed to her and put them in her purse.

Afterwards the receptionist led her back to the others before returning to her desk. Malina arrived towards the end of the woman's briefing. Seems like she was going to be at the opening ceremony anyways, so she was glad she didn't buy a ticket out of pity for the receptionist. That wasn't her main concern though, not at all. Her main concern was trying to control the burning hear in her cheeks as she realized Eli was on this mission. How embarrassing to arrive so late when the guild's S class mage was here!

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Refaulted Refaulted shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Exanis Exanis DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo

Victoria Angelbright
Victora glanced over at Valeska as she entered, but quickly turned her attention back to Joanne as she began to explain things. "A couple," she said calmly after Joanne opened things up for questions. "What time tomorrow night should we be here?" she asked. With the loose requirement of formal clothing, Victoria didn't want her diva-like habit of taking hours to get dressed and put on make up to stop her from being punctual. "And what guild artifacts are you most worried about disappearing?" In the back of her mind she wondered if any were from Blue Pegasus.

As she patiently waited for her questions to be answered, she took a couple steps toward Valeska. "If your low on funds, you can use one of my dresses. I have plenty back in my hotel room," she said softly. As a Blue Pegasus mage, Victoria toted around a lot of clothing. You could never know what kind of outfit a job would require, so why not lug all of them around and be prepared. The two women were similar enough in height and build, Victoria was sure Valeska would be able to find something to wear if she accepted her offer.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo Exanis Exanis AllHailDago AllHailDago

Eli Tail
"The Singularity"

Eli took in all the information with a gentle smile still gracing his face. Humming ever so lightly, he took another glance around, then looked back at Joanne. "Do you happen to have a way to secure the exhibits if it does become apparent that the thieves do try something?" A pause as his smile turned a bit wry in nature. "And how durable are the exhibits you want us to guard? Just an estimation of course." As he said this, his mind was racing with calculations on how much power he would be able to use on and around the exhibits if it came down to defending them from the thieves. Though he supposed even the slightest increase could foil their plans if the way they pulled off the heists required an exact science, but in the likely case that it wasn't, he needed to know how much he had to limit himself, and how much punishment his surroundings could take.

Bowing again to Joanne, his smile once again brightened. "Just as well, if you could point me in the direction of the finest clothing store in the area, I would appreciate that greatly." As he straightened out, his gaze landed on Malina, and from the way his smile widened it was obvious he was pleased to see yet another of his guild joining him on this mission, even one as new as her. "Malina, how good it is to see you! I insist that you join me afterwards!"

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo AllHailDago AllHailDago shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Valeska West

Valeska glanced around at the people in the room with her. There was an attractive young man with purple hair which seemed to make a precious cutie of a girl blush. Valeska smirked at the blush, how innocent that girl must be. There was another in the room that tore her attention away from the two by walking up to her.

"If you're low on funds, you can use one of my dresses. I have plenty back in my hotel room."

DAAAAMN this lady was a SIGHT! The body, hair, face, and pose of a supermodel. Valeska thought of quite a few things the two could do in that hotel room, with or without clothes. A smirk appearing on her face Valeska replied “Well damn, that’s awful sweet a’ ya! You don’t need ta’ worry though, I can find somethin’ in time. I’d hate to ruin one a’ ya pretty dresses, ‘specially when I’m sure they’d look great on ya.” Seeing the opportunity Valeska looked the woman up and down again. “‘Ey, maybe you could help me look nice and fancy before the party though? I ain’t good a dressin’ fancy for this type a’ stuff.” She asked.

Valeska knew that she would be fine preparing herself for the ceremony but she was sure this lady could do a better job of it. That and come on, there was no way in hell she is going to miss an opportunity to see this model again. From another part of the room Valeska heard the purple haired guy speak up.

"Malina, how good it is to see you! I insist that you join me afterwards!"

So the cutie’s name is Malina is it? Valeska tucked that fact safely into her memory for later. However, the thought of names reminded that she hadn’t yet learned the name of supermodel that stood before her. Suddenly using her hand to hit her own forehead Valeska focused again on the beauty before her. “Ah here I am askin’ stuff of ya and I don’ even know ya name! I’m Valeska, nice ta meet ‘chya!” Valeska finally greeted anxious to gain more information.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Exanis Exanis AllHailDago AllHailDago shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Lowell Thrice
Lowell and Duncan talked with the lady who came to the door when they’d been knocking and at first, it didn’t seem like they’d learned anything new. However, when Lowell started looking over the list she gave them and comparing it to the list the police had, he noticed that a few details were missing. First and foremost, quite a few of the things that had been stolen were actually worth a lot more than it would’ve originally seemed to be. One item on the list in particular was a keychain which didn’t seem all that valuable, but when the woman described it, she mentioned that it had been embedded with real jewels. Shame the police hadn’t written down those details.

Luckily, they had managed to get most of the details from the woman before another woman ran up and started calling to them from the sidewalks. As soon as that started, the woman seemed to decide that she already had more than enough people on her doorstep. “I hope that’ll help you fine young gentlemen. I’ve got dinner cooking in the oven and I really should go check on it now.” She politely closed the door behind her as she started walking back inside and Lowell and Duncan were polite enough to accept that the conversation was finished.

“Well, it seems we’ve learned something, at least,” Lowell mumbled to Duncan as the two of them started walking towards Sasha. There was no other direction to go.

The blonde dragon slayer wanted to ask what she was looking for and why she’d called to them, but she apparently had more to say first, which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. The more she spoke, the more things fell into place. Clearly she was here for the mission and clearly her words of choice hadn’t been the best because Lowell could feel heat radiating off of Duncan and his expression became rather unpleasant.

“I’m not a little one and I’m not cute! I’m not just trying to be a hero, either. I will be one!” And with that, Duncan Fire stormed off. It wasn’t clear whether he intended to try to do some investigation on his own or whether he was done with the mission altogether and quite frankly, Lowell wasn’t in the mood to chase after him at all.

In fact, Lowell waved his hand in gesture and said, “Don’t worry about him. He wasn’t too much help anyway. We were just gathering some information on the items that have been stolen from residential areas and one thing I've noticed is that although it doesn’t initially look like it, almost everything that was stolen has monetary value to it. That might not help much, but it makes the museum a more likely target than it was before.” As he was talking, though, Lowell also realized he hadn’t confirmed why Sasha was there. “You are here for the mission, right?”

Her final question would’ve probably made it obvious enough to most people, but Lowell still wanted to be sure. “I don’t know that we’re going to be able to learn much more from the people, though. It’s probably best to figure out what’s up with the others. We were going to meet back by the detective’s office around 7 so we can go and wait there.” Lowell hoped the others had heard him when he suggested when to meet back up together.

Refaulted Refaulted

Joanne The Curator
When yet another person walked in during her spiel, Joanne didn’t stop talking. She simply continued under the assumption that one of the other mages in the room would be willing and able to fill her in on the situation after their business here was concluded. After all, only a moment or two after Malina had walked in, other members of the group were already ready to start asking questions.

Addressing Victoria first, Joanne began, “The museum’s Grand Opening ceremony begins at 7pm. I’m willing to let you in before we start allowing the general population inside although I personally won’t be available to meet with you at all aside from right now. There’s still lots of preparations to be made, after all. Security will know to look for you and let you in.” She didn’t imagine there was any reason to be there earlier than 6pm, but she’d let them make that call for themselves.

Moving on, she continued, “As for the artifacts themselves, I don’t think they differ too much in value aside from those of the first guilds being slightly higher than those of the newer guilds. We don’t have any artifact of Raven Tail, but beyond that, all guilds have submitted relics for our history display.”

Next were Eli’s questions and they were no less applicable to the situation at hand. “We do have ways to lock things down and there is a vault in our museum as well. The problem is that these things are not always magic-proof and with the way these thieveries have been going down, it does seem that there’s magic in play. All valuable items are also behind bulletproof glass, but again, magic works different than bullets more often than not.” She was actually quite certain at least one or two mages in this room would be able to get through museum security before getting caught.

“There are quite a few clothing stores on the main road that you likely walked in on. If you start from the government office building and go left instead of right, you should come right up to a line of them. Surely something there will suit an evening like tomorrow quite nicely.”

Glancing over them all, she gave them one more opportunity to ask questions. If they didn’t have any more, then she had work to get back to.

Exanis Exanis AllHailDago AllHailDago shadowdude505 shadowdude505 DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo

Victoria Angelbright
Not wanting to be rude by having her conversation overlap with Joanne's answers to her questions, Victoria patiently waited for Joanne to finish talking. "7pm...," she made a mental note to herself before turning her attention to Valeska. "Victoria Angelbright," she replied in a serious and formal tone. "If you don't have any questions, we could head over to the clothing stores now. I should warn you though, I'm a bit finicky about fashion. There are just so many colors and styles that are equally suited for various situations. It's not going to be a quick shopping trip."

Not that she was worried about time. They had until tomorrow night at 7pm to prepare and outfit. "And there's always the possibility that we'll run into some fans of my musical career," she added, her voice sounding warmer at the mention of her fans. She didn't mind the idea of meeting the people that adored her family's music, though it was only fair to warn Valeska and see if she was willing to go through the whole ordeal of dealing with her fashionista fickleness as well as her fan club.

DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo

Sasha Washington
Sasha watched one of the young boys walk away, and let out a subtle whistle. "I guess I pressed some sort of wrong button with him." Turning back to the blonde boy, she nodded her head at his words. "Well, if he wasn't much help, then maybe I can pick up where he wasn't so useful." She then scratched the back of her head, sheepishly smiling. "Then again, gathering information isn't my strongest suit, unless I'm eavesdropping."

When she was asked if she was here for the mission, she looked quizzically at him. "Well, of course! Would I have called out to you if I wasn't? To be honest, I was a little skeptical, with you seeming so young for a mission like this, but looks can be deceiving, huh? And why would someone try to steal something if it doesn't seem to have any monetary value? If you stole something that wasn't worth any money, why steal it?" Sasha honestly didn't see the reason to steal anything else. During her childhood years, she had never seen anyone steal anything unless it had significant value to themselves, or if it could fetch a pretty penny.

When the boy talked about meeting up with the rest of the mages taking part in the mission, she crossed her arms over her chest, frowning. "The detective's office, hmm? Does he, uh, have a good memory? Of maybe specific criminal cases that happened about a year or two ago?" Normally, Sasha didn't like meeting with any form of official authority that wasn't just a street officer passing by. After her imprisonment, she tried to steer clear of the police if she could help it.

Shaking her head and pouting, she gestured for the boy to lead. "Well, i don't know the way, so I'll follow you to wherever we go." After a moment, she hit her fist against her palm. "I haven't introduced myself!" Smiling down at the boy, she was practically beaming. "My name is Sasha Washington. I'm a Fairy Tail mage." She reached down and ruffled Lowell's hair. "If you want, you can call me Sash, or even Sis, if ya' want."

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Last edited by a moderator:
Eli Tail
"The Singularity"

Nodding in understanding while lightly humming under his breath, Eli took one last glance around the room he was in, before turning to Joanne and bowing at the waist slightly, all with his signature smile in place. "Many thanks for taking the time to give us this information. I'm positive we all shall do our best to ensure nothing dastardly in nature happens to the exhibits tonight. I cannot speak for the others, but that is all the questions I have, so feel free to depart when you wish to continue your preparations." Straighting himself, Eli smoothed out the wrinkles in his clothes, and turned to lightly address the rest of the group. "I shall be heading to get some clothes for the occasion, any who wish to join me, please, feel free to do so."

With one last nod and smile towards the group, Eli turned and began making his way to live, only to pause momentarily and turn to face them once more. "Ah, also if any complications of any kind arise, please, do not hesitate to find me for help. No problem is too small to assist in. I shall see you all later tonight." His last piece said, Eli turned around once more and continued on his way out, smiling at the receptionist as he passed. Stopping outside of the museum, he put his hands on his hips and looked around. "Now where to go..."

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo AllHailDago AllHailDago shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Victoria Angelbright, Valeska West, Malina O. Maribelle, and Eli Jail

Valeska made a note of Victoria’s name in her mind before she continued to listen to the downright gorgeous woman continue to talk. “I'm a bit finicky about fashion. There are just so many colors and styles that are equally suited for various situations. It's not going to be a quick shopping trip." Victoria continued to talk. This part was mildly concerning to Valeska, she was predicting that her wallet was going to take a pretty decent hit in the near future. At least she would be spending some quality time with her. Her thoughts were interrupted with a final comment from Victoria. "And there's always the possibility that we'll run into some fans of my musical career,"

Valeska stared at the woman in awe for a moment. Musical career, damn she could just do it all couldn’t she. She seemed a little too serious though and maybe even a little cold, might be a little tough for Valeska to work her magic. Valeska would fight all the fans off though if it meant she got to spend the night with someone of Victoria’s caliber. Just thinking of the experience threw a mischievous grin on Valeska’s face. “I don’ mind spendin’ time shoppin’ and bring on the fans. They won’t bother me all to much, I can take ‘em.” Valeska grinned.

Like a bolt of lightning Valeska suddenly had a thought race through her mind. Why spend her time with just one beauty when she could spend her time with a beauty AND a cutie?! The mischievous grin still on her face Valeska set her sights on that other girl that caught her eye. Malina, she remembered overhearing her name. Valeska walked over and switched her grin to a warm and innocent smile. ”Ey there! Me and Victoria over ‘ere were gunna go on a little shoppin’ trip. Wanna join? Like a-a girl’s on a mission shoppin’ bondin’ time or somethin’!” Valeska offered the trip to the cutie before her. Valeska couldn’t stop her mind from wanting these two all to herself and anxiously awaited a response.

Malina stumbled over her own thoughts while she tried to respond to Eli’s offer to join him. Before she knew it he had walked out, she had stayed right where she was, and a new woman had approached her. A tall, pretty, blonde woman wearing a suit. Malina blinked for a second in empathetic discomfort. The woman was clearly fairly bustier than herself, how could she stand such restrictive clothing? Malina couldn’t even ponder how one would breathe like that. She took a short deep breath, thankful for the gentle and unrestrictive nature of her own wardrobe.

Malina clasped her hands together at her stomach, fidgeting a bit uncomfortably. “Th-thank you, but I think Eli was offering me to go with him. Sorry!” She almost seemed to shrink in on herself from the guilt of rejecting the friendly offer.

Frowning a bit at the negative response, Valeska’s smile suddenly grew and she wrapped one of her arms around the girl. “Aw come on sweetie! We could ‘ave some real fun ‘ere! Girl’s are more fun anyway!” Valeska practically pleaded.

Malina immediately felt her face heat as the woman wrapped an arm around her. She was not used to people invading her space so quickly. “I-I-I um…,” she stammered for a second. Eli had already gone. Perhaps socializing with people from other guilds would be fun and new! “I suppose… if you wanted me to I could go.” She moved one thumb over the other repeatedly in a nervous fidget. “My name is Malina Maribelle, C class of Fairy Tail,” she stepped away from Valeska and gave a curtsey to her and the woman she called Victoria, “It’s nice to meet you both!”

Valeska smiled at the girl who had been under her arm before nodding over to Victoria. “So mah ladies, should we get a goin’? I know Victoria ova’ ‘ere said it might take a bit, so let's get dis show on the road!” She exclaimed in a warm tone. Everything was going just as planned, Valeska got the beauty AND the cutie to tag along on a shopping trip. If she was lucky perhaps they would try on dresses as well and Valeska might be able to sneak a few peaks. She felt her excitement grow just thinking about it.

Taking a couple steps toward the exit, Valeska waved the ladies to come with her. “Malina, Victoria, and Valeska. Three ladies on a mission, a shoppin’ mission.” Stopping in the doorway, Valeska leaned against the door frame. “Well? What’chya waitin’ fo’ sweethearts?!”

Victoria had followed Valeska over to Malina. She flashed the Fairy Tail mage a sisterly smile as Valeska’s outgoing nature flustered the girl. “Victoria Angelbright, B rank of Blue Pegasus,” she replied with a nod. Even though Valeska had already mentioned her first name, it was only polite to introduce yourself fully after someone else had.

Victoria’s attention quickly shifted toward the doorway as Valeska called out to them. Her heels started to click on the floor as she walked over to her new friend. During the trip over to Valeska, Victora put on her sunglasses and used her hair magic to make herself look like a brunette with shoulder length hair. “All set,” she stated.

She waited for Malina before stepping outside and looking at the various clothing stores on the strip. Victoria pressed a finger against her chin as she began to think about where to shop. There were so many decisions. From her combined traveling as a musician and a wizard, she recognized many of the clothing store brands. None of the brands stood out as any better than the other in her mind.

“Maybe you two should pick out the store…,” she said with a sigh, her brain was already starting to fizzle over fashion options.

Malina smoothed her skirt out as she followed behind Valeska and Victoria outside. She leaned forward a bit and looked both ways up and down the streets. She didn’t really recognize many of the brands, but then again she hadn’t been in Fiore all that long. She did recognize one though that happened to have a store in her home country and one in Magnolia Town. She wasn’t sure it had clothes appropriate to the event though… “Um, I’m not really familiar with any of these stores. What about you Valeska?”

“Hmmm…” Valeska looked around at the stores that were around. She spotted one that she knew from experience was much more expensive than she could afford, best to keep the fashionista as far from that one as possible. Stretching out her arms she placed one on the backs of both the ladies accompanying her. She steered them in the direction of the street away from the expensive store. “Well let's just start walkin’ ‘ere, ‘n see what we got. We ain’t gunna get far by just standin’ ‘round.”

Valeska caught a few glimpses of a bar down the road and hoped by the time they got down the street that far she could convince the babes to go in with her. After all nothing is better than a little drink to liven up a party, even if it WAS just a shopping party. Then again a few drinks could turn this little outing into much more than just shopping. Valeska smirked to herself and continued pushing the ladies down the street. “You dolls just give out a holler if ya see somethin’ real perty. I already got my eye on a few options.” Valeska let her voice sound slightly mischievous before waiting to see if the women spotted something.

Victoria adjusted her sunglasses as Valeska started to steer Malina and herself down the street. She hoped that members of the press weren’t around to see her. She didn’t want to be stopped and explain the scandalous-looking scene; tabloid writers wouldn’t have truly listened to her anyway.

Redirecting her train of thought, Victoria began to think about what kind of dress would look the best on Valeska She included Malina just in case she wanted her opinion like the Raven Tail woman did. To keep her fashionista mind from overloading, Victoria focused on the color of the dress first. “Black or red would work best for Valeska,” she thought. “And for Malina, something more ‘girly’ than ‘sexy,’ like purple, yellow, or maybe even green to match her eyes.”

Victoria began to scan the shops to see if she could see any dresses in the windows that matched the colors she was envisioning in her head. She ended up spotting a store that looked high end, but cheap enough to fit in most women’s budgets. The store had a couple fancy-ish dresses in the window, like a sexy red dress, a cute purple dress, and a stylish light blue dress that made her wonder if she already had something similar.

“What about that store?” she asked the other two as she pointed to the store. “Blue Rose Fashion.”

Valeska looked over to where Victoria had pointed, staring at the dresses in the window she shrugged. Dropping her hands from the ladies’ backs she stepped between them and up closer to the building. “Yeah, sure why not. It ain’t gunna hurt ta’ try.” She stopped and turned back to the two women to beckon them over before turning around and walking up the door. She held it open for the other two, even though on a normal occasion she wouldn’t. However, this was a special case, she wanted to make certain the ladies would follow her. There was no way she was going to let one of them escape and ruin her chances of a fun night. “Right this way sweethearts!” She called them over in a light hearted tone so they could start exploring the store.

Meanwhile, Eli was taking his time strolling through the streets, glancing from side to side every few seconds. He was on a mission, you see, to find not only the perfect outfit for himself for this evening, but also to bring back gifts, as he was wont to do. That wasn’t the only thing on his mind, however, as he was currently agonizing over the fact that he invited Malina along, and then left without her. How inconsiderate of him! He would have to buy her something very nice to make up for it. Nodding to himself, he continued on his way down the street, determined to make up for his mistake.

And lo and behold, it seemed his chance was soon, because right there, about to enter a store, was not only Malina, but two others as well, Victoria and Valeska were there names he believed. Making his way over with his signature gentle smile in place, he called out to them.

“Malina! I’m glad to see you’ve made friends with our teammates, it truly brings joy to my heart! Though…” He pauses and grimaces to himself. “I must sincerely apologies for leaving you behind after being the one to invite you to join me. Please, you must allow me to make it up to you.” He snaps his fingers and nods once. “Yes, it is decided, I shall buy your evening wear as an apology.”

Turning his attention to Victoria and Valeska, he smiles at them as well and bows slightly. “Ah, I also have you two to thank for keeping dear Malina company. Please, allow me to buy you something as well as a thanks.”

collab with: shadowdude505 shadowdude505 AllHailDago AllHailDago and Exanis Exanis

Arriving at the Grand Opening
One way or another, whether it was the large group shopping trip, a bit of independent preparation or an individual venture to a couple stores in the area, everyone in the group of Fioran mages managed to be dressed and ready for the museum’s grand opening celebration the evening after their meeting with the curator. Lowell showed up dressed in what was essentially a suit, actually, although he decided to forgo the tie. After all, he wasn’t really there to partake in the party… a small detail which disappointed him… he was there to work. Despite that, though, the blonde managed to look pretty spiffy.

When they got out of the car that brought them there, the group would notice that there was already quite an extensive line of formally dressed individuals waiting to get into the museum to see what sorts of surprises the place had in store. Glancing towards the line, Lowell took a single sniff of the air, trying to get a feel for what kinds of people they were dealing with. His senses weren’t overly keen, but he could manage to pick up on magic pretty well and the scent of it was definitely there. He didn’t know who, though, and he also wasn’t confident enough to really make any educated guesses either. If they accused someone and they were wrong, it would be almost as disastrous as it would be if the thief actually made an attempt at the museum’s treasures.

It was the lady who had been working the desk when they arrived the first time who came to greet them when their arrival became apparent. “Good evening, Mages,” she greeted them. “If you’ll follow me, I can escort you inside right away and Joanne will be giving you a brief tour before everything officially opens.” Without further ado, the lady led them inside. Getting through the crowds wasn’t easy, but it was manageable.

Joanne was waiting for them inside and she had a rather pleasant look on her face, as though all her hard work was finally coming together and would finally be worth something. It made sense, because it was the truth. “Welcome everyone,” she greeted them, looking over each and every one of them quite meticulously. “You all clean up nicely. Come. I’ll show you around a bit so you have you’re bearings for the evening.” Just as quickly as the first time when they’d been pulled out of the crowd, the mages were being led throughout unknown areas. However, Joanne was explaining things as they went along.

“A lot of this museum is focused specifically on Fioran history. Since the whole guild system is something very unique to Fiore, a lot of our exhibits feature items from the guilds. Now, I’m not just talking about the magic guilds. We also feature contributions from the craftsmen guilds of Fiore, of which there are quite a few which go unnoticed in many other regards.” As she said it, they were walking past an exhibit that displayed some fine blacksmith’s work and as the exhibit progressed, the weapons became more and more recent in appearance. “Almost all of the guilds we reached out to were able to contribute something. The magic guild exhibits are closer to the back and we also have two jeweler's guilds that contributed a few items of significant value.”

Continuing to lead them along, the group eventually made their way towards the center of the museum and would realize that all the exhibits were quite elegantly arranged in a circular fashion with a specific exhibit in the center. That one, of course, was the one featuring the magical guilds and their history. There were lots of written details, explaining all that led to the formation of each guild and what they had been through since then. Most of the guilds only had one exhibit each. There was one exception - Fairy Tail.

Fairy Tail’s display had two different glass containers. The first contained a few nearly shattered bricks. According to the documentation, they were remnants of the first Fairy Tail guild hall… before the entirety of Magnolia was exploded by the actions of Precht. The second display was arranged in a manner that made it much more cheerful, though. The artifact that Fairy Tail had contributed was a coin… although it clearly wasn’t ordinary. The image on the coin was that of a fairy and although not visible to everyone, the coin had a shining glow about it that was clearly magical. Stories told that the coin had Mavis Vemillion’s magic embedded into it and that only a Fairy Tail mage could access that power. Eli and Malina would certainly see the glow surrounding it. The others, though, quite possibly wouldn’t.

Sabertooth was the next display case. Again, there was plenty of information that described the guild’s founding and then there was the guild’s contribution to the exhibit. Sabertooth’s artifact was actually a sabertooth. It looked to have belonged to a sabertooth tiger from a time that no longer existed and there was something ominous about it… something that wasn’t quantifiable.

The third display was Raven Tail. There was a description of the guild’s formation that actually managed to be written in a somewhat positive light despite it having been founded by a former Fairy Tail mage. Then there was an artifact. Raven Tail’s artifact was a coat made entirely of black feathers that was said to have been worn by Lady Raven. Stories told of a woman who’d been Royce Volantis’s wife although her picture never managed to be taken and no one knew what her true name had been. Somehow, though, her coat of raven feathers was now on display before them. Surely it was no ordinary coat, either, but it’s traits were insurmisable.

Fourth on display was Blue Pegasus. The guild associated with glamour and fashion certainly didn’t disappoint in its contribution. The artifact was a tiara that was regularly worn by the guild’s founding master. Gems were embedded in an entirely pristine manner and there was no questioning that magical craftsmanship had been involved.

The fifth exhibit displayed the artifact for Lamia Scale. It was kinda like Fairy Tail’s artifact, actually, in that it was a coin. However, it wasn’t quite the same type of coin. In fact, any Lamia Scale mage would recognize that the coin had literally come from Patty’s collection and one would certainly wonder how she’d managed to part with even a single piece. It certainly was bound to be quite the lucky coin, though.

Most of the mages in Fiore had thus far only interacted with those five legal guilds. However, that wasn’t where the exhibits ended. There were two more at the end. Mermaid Heel and Quatro Cerberus. Within the first display - Mermaid Heel - the artifact on display was a pink scale. According to the information there, the scale came from an actual mermaid and had extensive connections to the guild’s founder. The actual last exhibit - Quatro Cerberus - had the last artifact and it was probably the simplest and least exquisite of all the ones on display. It was a simple large mug. One couldn’t see from the way it stood whether there was anything inside it or not and that was probably supposed to be part of the mystery.

As she was showing them around, Joanne gave them an opportunity to look at everything on display and to read through all the information that was presented to them. Finally, when it seemed they had perused to their contentment, she brought them back together. “We do have museum security that’ll be stationed around throughout the night. However, given how the thefts around town seem to have gone, I doubt they’ll be able to handle it alone if something does happen. Your job is to keep an eye on things, intervene tactfully if anyone appears suspicious, and take action if a theft does occur. We have alarms that should go off in the case of an actual theft. None of our exhibits are without ways to trigger them.”

After asking if there were any questions and answering any that came up, Joanne announced that it was time to actually open. Everyone who walked into the museum was scanned on arrival and then it was like one of the finest parties a person could attend.

However, not everything was fine and dandy. Amongst all the conversation and socializing that occurred, Victoria would hear a voice that would be oddly familiar. “Do you really think it appropriate for Lady Raven’s coat to be on display given Royce’s most recent antics?” Although her voice would be familiar to one of the mages, there was nothing about the woman who spoke those words that screamed anything out of the ordinary. In fact, she was quite the exquisite woman with her pale blonde hair, nearly flawless skin, hourglass figure and flowing yet form fitting scarlet gown.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Exanis Exanis AllHailDago AllHailDago Refaulted Refaulted DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo

You are more than welcome to create and control fancy people attending the grand opening and have your characters interact with them if you wish. So far, no one appears too suspicious, but you can make NPCs who might get too close to an exhibit which might lead your character to go up and talk to them or something of the like.

Malina O. Maribelle
Malina ran her fingers down the sides of her dress nervously. Her eyes flicked this way and that across the party guests. She knew she was supposed to help stop a criminal for this mission, but she didn't realize she'd have to be discreet like this about it. She did not at all believe she was cut out for blending in and observing and... and... being undercover. She looked herself up and down, smiling lightly at her light blue dress. She was happy she could find this dress in that Blue Rose fashion store. She wasn't sure how things were going to go at first. Victoria was nice, and had considered her color tastes, but many of her choice were kind of... elaborate. Meanwhile, Valeska's were....

She put her hands over her cheeks to hide the deep red blush she knew had to be developing at the mere thought. Instead she cast her glance back at the Fairy Tail display. She stepped a little closer, edging near a couple who were chatting politely about the bricks. Her eyes glanced over the couple, then the bricks themselves. Finally, as if they were drawn to it, her eyes landed on the coin in the second display. She blinked her eyes a few times but what she saw didn't go away.

It almost appeared as if their was a soft glow to it, and an image of a fairy carved into the coin, but also... not? She looked back and forth cautiously to see if anyone else around was looking at it oddly. However she didn't see anyone doing so. Perhaps.... could it be because she was a Fairy Tail wizard? She would ask Eli, but that would probably bring undue attention...right? Gods, she really did not fit in this incognito stuff. But she'd do anything for her guild. Her face turned red again as she thought back to Valeska's suggestions. Almost anything for her guild.

formal-dresses-with-sleeves-for-juniors-naf-dresses-formal-dresses-for-juniors-cheap-formal-dresses-for-juniors-cheap.jpg
Lady Warlock Lady Warlock DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Exanis Exanis Refaulted Refaulted

Last edited:
Valeska West

Valeska loved events like this. The men lookin sharp and the ladies showing off in their dresses. It was like a buffet, great choices all around just pick and choose what you want on your plate. Valeska herself was dressed to kill, sporting a form fitting, vibrant red, floor length, slit dress that was picked for her by Victoria. Her strawberry blond hair spilled down past her shoulders and just barely touched the guild tattoo on her breast. Her bright red lipstick was frequently applied, making double sure that she would leave her mark on whichever buffet meal she chose. Anyone who saw her would think she was one dangerous lady, whether it be from her looks, or the fact that she had her Tommy gun strapped to her back.

The other mages along with her were also rocking stunning outfits. However, each of their magic abilities made them much more suited to blending in with the crowd. Valeska’s Tommy gun made her stand out a bit, not that she minded, Valeska enjoyed as much attention as she could get. Victoria, with her supermodel body would look great in whatever she wore. Valeska eyed her stunning form up and down with a few nods of approval before her eyes focused on the form of a woman she had yet to meet.

“Ey there, I don’ believe I know yo’ name yet, handsome.” Valeska greeted the tall dark haired woman. “You lookin’ real classy in that suit dere’, makes me wanna unwrap ya like a present.” She added with a little smirk. Her mischievousness heightened even further when she saw Malina blushing a little ways away. With a grin Valeska switched her targets and walked over to her.

“Ya know ya really look great in that, suga’.” Valeska announced as she walked over and looped her arm around the Fairy Tail mage. Her head then lowered a little closer to the girl’s ear, Valeska’s warm breath brushing against it. “Although I wish ya woulda picked that little sumthin’ sumthin’ I found.” She whispered. Valeska’s attention was taken away as Joanne spoke up and began leading them around the museum. The ex-gangster straightened up and took her arm off Malina to better focus on what was about to be shown to them.

Valeska had seen the guilds from the other side. When she was with her gang she would sometimes come in contact with guild members trying to gather intel about them. It was her job to intervene and lead them in the wrong direction with false information, or better yet, gain some of her own intel on them and blackmail them into submission. She read about the guild’s with interest, especially when it came to her own. She honestly knew very little about the guild except for what Logan has told her. It was a little strange for her to think that she was on the guild’s side for once, protecting relics from a past that she hadn't even been a part of until recently.

“Logan, what ‘ave you gotten me inta’?” She whispered to herself as she looked at the black feather coat. She saw her reflection in the glass in front of it and took a few steps back so it looks as though her reflection was wearing the majestic thing. She put a hand up to her face, it didn’t look half bad, although, for some reason Valeska thought it would look better pink.

Valeska snapped back to attention when the party actually began. She kept a watchful eye on the display cases but couldn't help herself from browsing the buffet of people. Every now and then someone would see her and her Tommy gun and walk quickly in another direction, Valeska didn’t care, her eyes were elsewhere. She had struck up a small conversation with a super hot guy when a lady came walking by in a tight pencil skirt and snagged Valeska’s attention. “Damn, look at dat booty shakin’.” She commented to herself as she watched the woman walk away from her.

With her attention snagged Valeska only caught part of a comment made by a woman about the Raven Tail coat. She looked over to see a sexy woman in a red dress which caused Valeska to purse her lips for a moment. The two of them were dressed rather similarly, that was a bit awkward. Her face then morphed into a small smirk as she realized that would make a great conversation starter. She walked over to the woman with a smile. “Oh dear, we gone and almost wore ‘da same look.” She put a hand up to her face. “My my my, dis just won’ do,” Turning around she scanned the crowd and picked out Malina. “Malina, darlin’!” Valeska called out. “Darlin’ who wore it betta’?”

507Emma%20Stone%20Red%20Prom%20Dress%20For%20Women%20in%20Movie%20Gangster%20Squad_5-800x800.jpg

Exanis Exanis Refaulted Refaulted Lady Warlock Lady Warlock shadowdude505 shadowdude505 AllHailDago AllHailDago

Victoria Angelbright
Victoria arrived to the museum wearing a blue skirt-length dress with a lace flower design. The dress was something she had brought with her in her suitcase. It was formal looking and something she felt comfortable fighting in if things came to that. The dress was complemented by a silver bracelet with a blue rose design on it, Eli had bought it for her as the thank you item she picked out. As for the rest of her appearance, her hair was shoulder length and auburn brown; she also was wearing pink lipstick and black eye-liner.

Victoria smiled at Joanne as the group received a complement and followed the group inside. She listened intently to what Joanne had to say. Her eyes lit up at the sight of the guild display, her attention immediately going toward the tiara in the Blue Pegasus case. As a Blue Pegasus mage, the sight filled her with a sense of pride. The other guild artifacts were pretty interesting as well, but the fashionista in her couldn't help but think that the raven dress was too goth. It might have worked on Lady Raven, but Victoria thought that look wouldn't suit her at all.

Victoria's mind returned to the job at hand as the museum opened up for everyone. She watched as fancy dressed people started to trickle in. Hopefully none of them would recognize her. Due to the posters from The Angelbrights tour hanging around town, it was probably inevitable; still, she didn't want her presence to overshadow the event, and possibly blow the other mage's cover as regular guests.

Victoria started to walk through the crowd and acted like she was interested in the other exhibits. Over the chatter of the crowd, she managed to hear a voice that agreed with her opinion on Lady Raven's dress. The voice sounded vaguely familiar, but where did she hear it. At her previous show? No...it was in an ally, she quickly recalled. Victoria turned to look at the source of the voice and spotted a woman in a red dress similar to the one Valeska was wearing; something Valeska seemed to already notice.

Victoria needed to tell someone that one of the thieves was already in the museum. She began to glance around for the other mages she was working with and spotted Eli. She started to walk toward him and was planning to get his attention until a man accidentally bumped into her. "Sorry about that," the museum patron said. "It's a bit crowded in here isn't it. Everyone must be just as interested in what the different guilds donated as I am."

"It's alright. No harm done," Victoria replied. "The turnout is pretty amazing. I'm sure the museum curator is happy," she politely added. She opened her mouth in an attempt to politely excuse herself, but the stranger began to talk some more.

"Say, you look familiar. Aren't you Victoria Angelbright?" the man asked, thankfully quietly enough that not many would overhear.

"Yes, that's me. Just...don't spread it around. I don't want the attention to be focused on me. It wouldn't be polite for a guest to overshadow their host." She didn't want to outright lie. Hopefully the man wasn't one of the thieves, or would buy that idea that she was there as a patron herself.

"I'm a fan of your family's work. Don't worry, mums the word," the man said, making a my-lips-are-sealed hand gesture. "It was nice meeting you."

"Likewise," Victoria politely added before parting ways.

Now where was Eli. Had he moved to a different exhibit case?

Charming_Fairy_Lovely_Blue_Floral_Lace_Skater_Dress_hisandherfashion.com_womenfashion_womenclothing_womendresses_fashion_2016_fashiononsale_dressesonsale_party_girl_1_grande.jpg

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Exanis Exanis

(Others in the area) Refaulted Refaulted AllHailDago AllHailDago DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo

Last edited:
Lowell Thrice
The young Sabertooth mage had followed along with their guided tour through the objects that seemed like they were at higher risk of being stolen than other things were. He took mental notes of all that they were shown, but Lowell wasn’t much of a history buff so he didn’t really look any longer than courtesies demanded of him. The artifacts simply weren’t of much interest to him. However, when the museum officially opened to everyone who’d been waiting, the lightning mage remained near the central collection of all the exhibits. Lowell tried to keep out of the crowds, but that was because being inside of them fogged his senses a bit more than he liked to deal with.

While he was kinda hanging out on the edges of the the crowds around the most popular exhibits, Lowell was putting his senses to good use while he had them. He tried to further pinpoint the magic that he knew dwelled within the museum, but didn’t belong to their group of legal mages. The problem was that he wasn’t used to trying to be so specific with his senses. Lowell usually preferred to ignore them, actually.

He could tell, though, that there was something odd about the woman Valeska was talking to and he wondered if the Raven Tail woman knew that or not. He could go up and warn her, Lowell supposed, but he wasn’t sure he could say something without arousing suspicion. In the end, Valeska would have to be smart enough to have her wits about her when it came to the woman in red. Lowell kept his eyes on that situation, but ultimately kept moving around and searching for other potential thieves as well.

Meanwhile, the woman in red turned her eyes towards Valeska the moment the woman approached her. Her expression quickly shifted from curious to rather appalled at what Valeska seemed to imply, though. “Excuse me!?” she huffed, eyes wide. “You think your look has anything on mine?! Hah!” Her gaze briefly flickered to Malina and then she held out her hand as though to stop the girl from even trying to answer Valeska’s question.

“First of all, our looks are completely different. They aren’t even the same shade of red, for starters.” As though to prove the point, the woman held out a piece of fabric from her dress to show that they really weren’t the same at all. “And second of all, if you’ve gotta ask someone else, then you’re not wearing it best, honey. Wearing it best involves knowing you did.”[

And across the room, there were two men standing together watching the whole thing. One of them even facepalmed at what was unfolding. “I really thought Angel would finally be smart enough to stay out of these kinds of things,” he remarked. The other was just shaking his head. They couldn’t stop it anymore. Hopefully it didn’t go too far.

red-dress-DJ-A6086-e.jpg
DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo AllHailDago AllHailDago

Eli Tail
"The Singularity"

Where is Eli? That, many would say, is the question. The answer? Quite simple really. He was weaving through the many guests at the exhibit, all while exuding his unique brand of charm. That is, being an extremely polite, kind, and likable gentleman that may or may not have the power to crush everything within one hundred square feet around him if he accidentally sneezes at the wrong time. Not that it would ever happen of course, Eli has too much control for that to happen, whether that being sneezing at the wrong time or actually losing control of his magic. Nevertheless, the point to be made was that Eli was no longer where he started due to his machinations of seamlessly gliding through the crowd, simultaneously enjoying the festivity and scouting for potential dangers. Let's take a closer look at what he was doing now.

"You must simply tell me more soon! Let it be known that I have been searching for a work of the quality you speak of for nearing months now! I had feared I reached a plateau in my pursuit of knowledge, but meeting you here Professor, it could only be considered a stroke of luck nearing divine intervention!" Eli exclaimed with enthusiasm, which was well received if the light laughter of the graying man he was speaking to happened to be any indication. The aforementioned professor stuck out a hand for Eli to shake, which he did eagerly, as he responded. "Why, it was my pleasure! I never expected for anyone to recognize me at such a venue, but what a pleasant surprise it was! Say, I have to get back to my wife before she thinks I've scampered off and began to bore a hapless individual with a long winded lecture, but we happen to be sticking around this town for the rest of the week. If you have the time, I would be more than happy to meet up and talk sometime later this week."

Smiling back at the elderly professor, Eli gave him a small affirmative nod and watched him rejoin the crowd in search for his wife. Turning, he blinked as he realized that, yes, he was in fact still on a job, and that, yes, he needed to properly keep an eye out for anything suspicious. Shaking his head, and planting his genial smile back on his face, Eli looked around for any sightings of the mages that he was working with, quickly spotting Victoria finishing speaking to another one of the patrons, and then seemed to be looking for someone. Unfortunately, he found himself behind her, so he wasn't easily in her line of sight. Deciding it would now be a good time to reconvene with at least one person of his team. Though one other thing that had caught his eye was that he finally noticed that the Fairy Tail exhibit of a coin was, in fact, glowing. From the fact that no one was oohing and aahing over that fact, he assumed it was because he was a Fairy Tail mage that let him notice that.

Shaking his head and then proceeding to quickly navigating through the crowd, he came to stand next to Victoria, leaning down slightly to speak to her.

"Hey there, enjoyin' the festivities? Notice anythin' pretty that caught your eye?"
MostExpensiveSuits_4.jpg
shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Victoria Angelbright
Victoria was so focused on finding Eli that she hadn't prepared for him finding her first. She briefly flinched before turning to look at him. "Yes. It's been awhile since I've been to something like this," she replied. Deep down she knew that she wasn't really here to enjoy the exhibit opening, but if anyone else was listening, she didn't want to tip the thieves off that she was keeping an eye on things. She pointed at the Fairy Tail coin. "I wonder what's special about that coin. It's here for a reason, but I can't quite put my finger on it. It also looks like I'm in the majority in this case," she said, noting how people seemed to pass by the guild artifact without much off a second thought.

While she'd be interested to learn more about the coin, the conversation started was nothing more than a smoke screen. She leaned in like she was trying to listen closely to what Eli would say in this noisy room. "Don't look, but there's a woman in red talking to Valeska. I've heard her voice earlier today coming from an alley; she was talking about the museum heist. I think she's one of the thieves, if not the ringleader." she added in a low tone. "We should discreetly keep an eye on her."

Exanis Exanis

Malina O. Maribelle

Malina was not prepared for Valeska, which led to a tangent worry that she might not be prepared for an actual enemy either. Though the worry took a back seat as she shuddered in reaction to Valeska breathing on her ear. Her light blush from earlier returned and increased with Valeska flirtatious compliments. “I-I-I uh hm um I thank, um. Well I couldn't just uhm… Well the thing is I, uh.”

She tried to come up with something, anything to say. Yet, per usual her brain overloaded, as it does when she's flirted with by most anyone. This time though, Valeska moved on before Malina got out a proper thank you or… anything really. Malina sighed lightly, muttering about her idiocy to herself. She swore one day flirtation wouldn't get the best of her. Though that day was not today.

She headed towards another exhibit, trying to block out Valeska and her comments out of second hand embarrassment. Then… Valeska called her name directly. Malina wondered for only a part of a second if openly revealing their knowing each other was a good idea. But, she figured earlier already did that. Malina wiped her sweaty palms along her dress and turned to Valeska….and another, seemingly angry woman. “I think you both lo-” She dropped off mid sentence as the other woman held up a hand to silence her. Maybe she shouldn't get involved in this one….

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo

Valeska West

Meanwhile, the woman in red turned her eyes towards Valeska the moment the woman approached her. Her expression quickly shifted from curious to rather appalled at what Valeska seemed to imply, though. “Excuse me!?” she huffed, eyes wide. “You think your look has anything on mine?! Hah!” Her gaze briefly flickered to Malina and then she held out her hand as though to stop the girl from even trying to answer Valeska’s question.

“First of all, our looks are completely different. They aren’t even the same shade of red, for starters.” As though to prove the point, the woman held out a piece of fabric from her dress to show that they really weren’t the same at all. “And second of all, if you’ve gotta ask someone else, then you’re not wearing it best, honey. Wearing it best involves knowing you did.”

Valeska grinned and glanced at the woman from the very corner of her hazel eyes. This was turning out to be an even better conversation starter than she had originally planned. This woman was obviously irritated with her and it caused Valeska to grin. This woman apparently wasn't quite as confident as Valeska thought if she felt the need to react with such harshness.

Valeska put her hand up in a stopping gesture and smiled sweetly. “Whoa, whoa, there honey. It was just a question, nah need ta bite mah head off!” She announced with a slight chuckle. She then gave a small sigh and her grin turned mischievous. “Sides, I did already know the answer ta the question. I just wanted ta see your reaction. Tells the kinda person ya are.” Valeska explained. She looked the woman dead in the eyes for a moment. “‘N boy did I get mah answer!”

The mage chuckled before turning away from the woman. Valeska smiled to herself. If the woman was that quick to shoot down her opponent rather than know herself if she was wearing it better, then she obviously wasn’t as confident as she thought herself to be. Since Valeska ruffled this woman’s feathers so harshly, perhaps she should let her simmer down a bit before trying anything else. “C’mon Malina, let’s let this lady blow off some steam.” Valeska practically taunted as she waved her fellow mage to join her as she walked away.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock AllHailDago AllHailDago Exanis Exanis shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Refaulted Refaulted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back