• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Lamia Scale Guild Hall

F
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

So What’s This Story About?
The year is x780. Guild life goes on as it has for the past years. Members carry out their missions with excitement or boredom depending on the mission - as they usually would. Tension between Fairy Tail and Raven Tail seems to have come to a momentary calm in which the two guilds have simply agreed to avoid one another.

Current eyes watch three primary missions. Royce Obertuck - an S-Class criminal and former Raven Tail guildmaster - is being transferred to a higher security prison after multiple escape attempts; this transfer is one giant opportunity though. The question remains… who is lurking in the shadows to take advantage of it? Liam Portian - a scientist working in magic expansion - seeks to study a meteor that recently crashed. People have been disappearing near it, though. Can mages help him get his hands on it? More importantly, what else will they discover? Last, but not least, a demon book has been stolen. That’s never a good thing. Who runs with Book of Vongraw? What might they unleash and who might also seek these treasures?

These fates all draw nearer.

Something is coming, though. Can the world really expect to stay this calm when a solar eclipse - the first in centuries - hangs overhead? One thing is for sure: villains are not planning on allowing this calm to last.

Most importantly, will Fairy Tail be strong enough to face what’s coming? And will the other guilds be ready to aid them? Can the other guilds even afford not to?

Fates are eclipsing. The moon could very well darken them forever.

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
Lamia Scale Guild Hall

inspiration-of-medieval-language-norm-newberry-concept-art-for-1999-film.jpg
Welcome to the Lamia Scale Guild Hall!

Guildmaster: Patricia O’Shea

Description: Very much a true home to all of its mages, the Lamia Scale Guild Hall has plenty of room for both fun and work. A rather sizeable library is probably it’s most notable feature although there’s also the common area where mages can often find one another and enjoy some pleasant company. Due to the guild’s heavy connections to Margaret Town, they often have visitors as well - even of the non-magical variety.

Guild Members
[/tr]
Mage NamePlayer NameMage RankMage Status
Patricia O’Shea CelticHero37 CelticHero37 GuildmasterIn the guild hall
Aedon Strom CelticHero37 CelticHero37 S ClassOn a mission
Fermata Clef thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl A RankIn the guild hall
Stapes DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo B RankIn the guild hall
Deryn Rose Sophrosyne03 Sophrosyne03 B RankIn the guild hall
Maxwell Rose Sophrosyne03 Sophrosyne03 B RankOn a mission
Libby Tuck Lady Warlock Lady Warlock D RankOn a mission

Last edited by a moderator:
Fermata Clef
The guild hall was strangely quiet, as most of it's members were out on missions. Patricia was the only soul in sight, still gaping at the mission board, horrified about the mission Aedon had picked up for himself and Libby. The silence was shattered though when the doors to the guild hall flew open with a bang as a young woman with horribly tangled hair burst into the hall.

"WHERE IS HE?!"

Fermata stormed in, her angry voice carrying across the empty room.

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" Fermata yelled as she knocked over some chairs as she searched the guild hall for her... friend.

"AEDON I SWEAR IF YOU RAN OFF ON A MISSION WITHOUT ME I'M GOING SHIT ON EVERYTHING YOU LOVE!"

As Fermata screamed her lungs out she finally noticed Patty still standing in shock in front of the mission board. She ran over to her, jumping over multiple tables and chairs to get over there.

"Patty! PATTY! Have you seen Aedon?!"
Feramta actually lowered her voice to ask the guild master the whereabouts of her friend, but the fury at being left behind was still evident in her un-seeing eyes. Oh, when Aedon got home he was going to be in so much trouble.

Leprechaun Girl.jpgPatricia O'Shea

The forlorn leprechaun jumped, nearly tumbling off her floating pot o' gold as the doors to her guild hall were slammed open. The tiny guild master zoomed across the hall, squealing and flailing until she finally balanced out, coming to a halt right in front of Fermata. Patty stared blankly at the blind girl for a moment before the waterworks began. She was sobbing like a little kid who had dropped their ice cream, lost their balloon, or had candy stolen from them.

Patty was about to whine about the situation when Fermata mentioned shitting on everything Aedon loved. This caused the leprechaun to stop crying as she stared at the sound mage in surprise. Blinking and blushing slightly, Patty began to twiddle her thumbs as she looked down and mumbled, "E-everything? Oh dear... that's a little harsh, d-don'tcha think? I mean..."

When Fermata inquired about Aedon's whereabouts, it brought the guild master back to the horrifying reality. With the waterworks returning, Patty grabbed Fermata's collar and whimpered between sniffles, "Aedon took Libby on her first mission an' he just picked a random job from the board an' he didn't even check it an' he missed a part that said there were demons an' I don't think he knows an'... an'... Oh, what am I gonna do Fermata? My poor Libby's gonna get hurt an'..."

As soon as Patty envisioned Libby being hurt, her eyes flared and there was a large poof of smoke. When the smoke cleared, her Savage Lioness takeover stood in her place, huffing angrily. Glaring at Fermata, she seethed, "Grrrr...Who hurt my baby?! Rrrrlemme at 'em! I'll kill 'em! Tear 'em to shreds! Turrrn 'em to meat confetti! Then I'll drown 'em in salt water, butcher 'em, burn 'em, bury 'em, then dig up their graves an' sheit in their ashes!! AAAAAAAAOOOORRRRR!!!"
Patty Lioness.jpg
thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl Sophrosyne03 Sophrosyne03 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Last edited:
Deryn Rose

The Lamia Scale guild hall doors burst open. Deryn walked into the guild hall with a stern look on her face. She was about to ask the whereabouts of her cousin, Maxwell Rose, but when she saw a crazed lioness woman she paused. Deryn hated most animals, including cats, particularly lions. What is going on here? Should I leave, or attempt to calm this creature…

Deryn started to place her hand on the whip at her side, but some instinct prevented her. No, I hardly even know how to use this whip. I would need more practice with it if I want to use it properly… Wait… Do I have any nepeta cataria left? Deryn quickly looked into her seeds pouch, and took out the last two seeds of nepeta cataria, “catnip”, out of the pouch. This would work better outside, growing plants without soil and direct sunlight is tricky… With her other hand Deryn took her canteen and gently poured some water onto the seeds in her hand. With great concentration, she grew the catnip as fast as she could, but it was very difficult and tickled mercilessly. The seconds dragged into minutes. Deryn continued to stare intently at the lioness woman, as she stood there, frozen in place at the entrance of the guild hall.

I really hope this will distract her if she tries to attack me, I only used this trick on domestic cats, not something like this… Deryn noticed there was someone else in the guild hall. She slowly inched her way to her side, keeping her eyes on the lioness woman, catnip in her hand and ready to be deployed.

“Excuse me, can uh.. either of you… please tell me what is going on here?” Deryn asked in a hesitant and quiet tone, but then she took a good look at the other stranger. Her hair was a rats nest and her outfit was atrocious. She wore a blue hoodie, with a dark green shirt underneath, bright red shorts, with torn up neon yellow tights, and black and blue socks over the tights, topped off by brown sandals. Forgetting about the lioness woman for a second, Deryn exclaimed “And what on Fiore are you wearing?”

thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Last edited:
Fermata Clef

As soon as Patty started crying Fermata stopped yelling.

“Hey, hey, please don’t cry.” Fermata pleaded. “Shit, I’m bad with people when they’re crying…”

As Fermata’s words sunk in though, Patty stopped crying and looked a little nervous.

"E-everything? Oh dear... that's a little harsh, d-don'tcha think? I mean..."

“He deserves it, that jerk.” Fermata huffed crossing her arms.

Before Fermata could elaborate on Aedon’s jerkish behavior though, Patty grabbed Fermata by the collar and cried, “Aedon took Libby on her first mission an' he just picked a random job from the board an' he didn't even check it an' he missed a part that said there were demons an' I don't think he knows an'... an'... Oh, what am I gonna do Fermata? My poor Libby's gonna get hurt an'...”

“I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT JERK LEFT WITHOUT ME!!!”
Fermata yelled, just as Patty’s takeover magic well.. took over as she turned into a lioness women with claws to match.

"Grrrr...Who hurt my baby?! Rrrrlemme at 'em! I'll kill 'em! Tear 'em to shreds! Turrrn 'em to meat confetti! Then I'll drown 'em in salt water, butcher 'em, burn 'em, bury 'em, then dig up their graves an' sheit in their ashes!! AAAAAAAAOOOORRRRR!!!"

“YEAH! LET’S WRECK SOME SHIT!”
Fermata shouted, feeding off of Patty’s destructive energy, before kicking over a random chair in the guild hall sending it toppling over and sliding across the floor.

Just as Fermata kicked over the chair though, she suddenly took notice of the girl who had just entered the guild hall.

“Excuse me, can uh.. either of you… please tell me what is going on here?” Fermata turned towards the soft spoken girl, trying to make eye contact but her gaze was a little too far to the right. “And what on Fiore are you wearing?”

“What the hell’s wrong with what I’m wearing?” Fermata asked defensively. “I mean, I overslept and just threw whatever I had on but it can’t be that bad, can it? And who the hell are you anyway?”

Sophrosyne03 Sophrosyne03 CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Last edited:
Patricia O'ShaeLamia Scale's Master of Mischief
There was a brief respite to Patty's rage as she stared at the chair sliding across her floor -- the silence broken only by the awkward squeal as the chair came to a halt. Patty cast a questioning glance at Fermata. The look was hardly decipherable, but most would say the guild-master was questioning the girl's sanity. Then again, many questioned Patty's sanity as well. She was actually just staring dumbfounded. The event had snapped her back to reality a bit. Despite that, she was about to agree with Fermata, throwing her hand in the air before someone else interrupted them.

By this point, Patty had gained control over her rage and poofed back into her typical leprechaun form, floating on a pot o' gold as always. When the new girl asked what was going on, Patty responded, "Well that's private guild business. People should know by now I don't just give out that information. I..."

Patty paused when Fermata's attire was brought up. She was becoming annoyed with this newcomer that just seemed to barge in and now was insulting her guild members. She never cared for judgmental people. Glaring at the newcomer, Patty added, "Hey, ya can't just come in here and start insultin' people like that. This is a place of acceptance, ya hear?" Patty glanced over to Fermata for a second and was about to continue, but then she paused, "O-oh... oh my, that won't do. Fermata, let me help you, dear." Patty zoomed over and began to fix up her hair a bit. She didn't do anything special, as she knew Fermata didn't really care for people treating her like she needed help, but Patty just had to do something. After calming her hair down a bit, she zoomed back and took a look. She hadn't realized how essential Aedon's help had been to her wardrobe, "Where did you even get these clothes? They shouldn't even have been in the same house together." Shaking her head and sighing, she added, "Ooh, that man's gonna get it."

Then, turning to the newcomer again, Patty added, "Is there anything else? If not, we're quite busy at the moment...."

Deryn Rose

“My apologies for interrupting your private affairs,”
Deryn said as she adjusted her glasses and composed herself, “My name Deryn Rose. I am looking for my cousin, Maxwell Rose, we have important matters to discuss. I have been told that he has joined this guild.” She paused and looked more closely at the person who was previously the lioness women, “Ah, you must be guildmaster Patricia O’Shae. I didn’t recognize you earlier, please forgive my oversight. I heard that you have an arsenal of powerful takeover forms. Perhaps I should have deduced it was you.” Deryn gave a slight bow as she spoke to the famous leprechaun of Lamia Scale.

Deryn turned to the other person in the hall, “Please don’t take my comments on your…. unique fashion sense as a slight on your person. I was merely…stunned by your….bold choice in style.” Deryn moved her hand with the catnip towards the strangely dressed girl, and presented the plant. “As a token of good will, let me give you this, it is nepeta cataria, commonly known as catnip. I could pot this for you or you can briefly where it as an accessory before it wilts.”

Turning back towards the guildmaster, “Pardon me for asking, but would you know of a reputable establishment that sells quality seeds here in Margaret Ms O’Shae?”

CelticHero37 CelticHero37 thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl

Fermata and Stapes

"O-oh... oh my, that won't do. Fermata, let me help you, dear."

As the leprechaun guild master reached for Fermata’s hair, she flinched away and hissed like a cat.

“Don’t touch the hair!” Fermata complained, running her hands through her hair and messing it up more than it already was.

"Where did you even get these clothes? They shouldn't even have been in the same house together."

“I don’t know… I just found them. I was in a rush to get here before Aedon left without me, that asshole…” Fermata pouted, thinking of her jerk friend who left her behind.

As Fermata lamented her buddy ditching her, the newcomer introduced herself.

“Please don’t take my comments on your…. unique fashion sense as a slight on your person. I was merely…stunned by your….bold choice in style.”

Fermata considered for a moment if she should be insulted or not. “...I’m bold, I can be bold.” Fermata agreed, nodding her head solemnly.

“As a token of good will, let me give you this, it is nepeta cataria, commonly known as catnip. I could pot this for you or you can briefly where it as an accessory before it wilts.”

Fermata held out her hand as Deryn deposited a plant into her palm. Femata remained silent for a moment, confused as to why this girl would give her a random plant. “Okay… Thanks… I guess…”

With her usual deadpanned expression Stapes walked into the guildhall. She could sense multiple people inside, one of which she easily recognized as Fermata. She walked into the room, Manubrium stooping through the door behind her, to find a chair knocked over in the middle of the floor. She looked over to see Fermata, looking horrendous, and sighed. She knew Fermata left wearing something horrific and planned accordingly.

Manubrium walked over to the walking disaster, arms full of clothes, and dropped them on her head. “You look horrendous. Change. Now.” Stapes instructed as Manubrium walked back over to her.

“Hey!” Fermata yelped as a bunch of clothes fell on her head and tumbled to the floor. “Fine!” Fermata huffed as she picked up the clothes from the floor. “I’ll change, will that make you all fucking happy?”

Stapes stared at her. “No. I will not be ‘fucking happy’” She replied using air quotes. “But it will make you less of a walking eyesore.” Manubrium nodding his head in agreement from behind his master.

Fermata stuck out her tongue at the pair of them as she walked towards the guild bathroom to change.

Satisfied with the eyesore no longer nearby, Stapes turned to Patty. “As I was walking, I noticed your skeleton change. Why was there a need for you to transform?” She questioned. Separate from her Manubrium went to take a look at the girl Stapes has not seen before, stooping down to stare at her with his empty eyes.

Sophrosyne03 Sophrosyne03 CelticHero37 CelticHero37 thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl

Patricia O'Shae
Lamia Scale's Master of Mischief

Patty had found that she could get along with most people with relative ease, however, the newcomer's prim and proper attitude was beginning to test that. Things began to make sense when Deryn mentioned being related to Max. Up until now, Patty had presumed that Max's attitude was simply one of his quirks; which she had found somewhat amusing. However, Deryn's presence proved this was not the case. It wasn't just him, the whole family was like that. Now, Patty found herself becoming unnecessarily aggravated by the attitude -- of course that could have also been attributed to the general stress of the other situation she had been dealing with.

The guild master backed away from Fermata with a pouty face. The reaction had been expected, but Patty still wanted to help. She had to force herself to stop feeling bad for Fermata, as that would only end up making the situation worse. In the end this wasn't such a hard task.

When Deryn referred to Patty as Ms. O'Shae, she flinched and turned to the newcomer in shock. Shaking her head, she responded, "Miss? I don't know where ya heard that from. I'm no 'miss'. The name's Patty. As for the seeds -- I'm not one for shopping -- but I figure the market would be the obvious place to look."

As she said this, Stapes entered the guild hall -- her usual self. To Patty's relief, she handled the issue of Fermata's attire. However, she was not prepared for the question. Giving a worried look to her guild mates, she began to whimper and recount the story again, "I was... I was telling Fermata that Aedon had taken Libby on a mission an' she could be..."

Before she could go any further, Patty's eyes flared, changing to a yellow color and taking on more slit pupils. Then she clenched her eyes shut, gripped the edges of her pot o' gold and with a deep breath, she mumbled, "Get a hold of yourself Patricia. Aedon wouldn't let anything happen to her. Would he?"

Deryn Rose

Clearly Ms O’Shae isn’t a great horticulturalist… I’ll just go into town and ask around… She seems too wrapped up in those ‘personal’ matters I happened to barge into right now, she has neglected to tell me where Maxwell is… Deryn was thinking as Patty spoke. Another person had entered the guild hall and given a change of clothes to Fermata. The newcomer with a very ‘punk’ like appearance, her face an inscrutable deadpan, who seemed to have a skeleton companion.

What is wrong with Ms O’Shae or Patricia? Patricia O’Shae is such a nice name…Why go with such an ugly pet name like Patty…Then again, she is an esteemed mage with seniority here…I guess I can try to call her…Patty… Deryn cleared her throat, “Well, perhaps it would be best if I return later. It was a pleasure to meet you Pa-” Deryn attempted to use the nickname the guildmaster wanted, but it caused her to gag and have a brief coughing fit, “It was a pleasure to meet all of you, and perhaps we can have a proper introduction when I return from shopping in town. You have a great specimen here, by the way.” Deryn pointed to the skeleton and looked at the ‘punk’ girl as she said her last sentence. She then made a slight bow and waved as she left the guild hall and into town.

Upon leaving the Lamia Scale guild hall, Deryn made her way to the river and flagged down a gondolier. They followed the river that ran through the center of town, watching people go about their daily lives. She asked the gondolier if he knew a place she could buy a variety of quality seeds. The young man said he knew a place that was some distance further down the river. The gondola ride gave her time to think. I shouldn’t have burst into the guildhall like that…. I fear that I haven’t made a good impression on Ms O’Shae…. Why did Maxwell drop out of college behind my back…Clenching her fists, Deryn sighed and tried to quiet her temper. I just need to find Maxwell and find out what’s going on….
*********************************************************************************************
“Thank you for your business. Is there anything else I can help you with?” The elderly shopkeep asked politely. The gardening shop that the gondolier had directed Deryn proved to be less of a disappointment then she anticipated. She was able to get more nepeta cataria, and other interesting seeds.

“I am actually here looking for someone. Do you know a person named Maxwell Rose? He is my cousin, and I have heard that he now resides here in Margaret.”

“You’re related to that little lady killer?” The shopkeeper laughed, “I have seen him out and about on occasion chasing skirts. I hear he bought an expensive house just up the river. I can tell you the address…”

Max’s residence in Margaret was quite palatial. It had a very small yard with a decently maintained garden full of various types of flowers and other interesting plants. A unique species of Rose was latticed in an arc over the fancy front door. The architecture was exquisite and intricately detailed. Deryn marveled at it for a while, then walked to the front door and used one of the ornate knockers. After a minute or so, a well-dressed butler answered the door. After examining her for a second, his eyes widened slightly.

“Ms Deryn Rose? Is that you?”

“It’s been awhile Julian. Is Maxwell here? I wish to speak with him.”

“I’m afraid he is out on business at the moment. Please, come in. I’ll make us some tea.”

Deryn waited in the beautifully decorated parlor, anticipating a welcome cup of tea. She had met Max’s personal butler, Julian Moreau, back when Max started going to university.

Julian came into the parlor carrying a silver tray holding a pair of teacups on saucers, and a teapot all painted with graceful elegance.

“I was not expecting you Ms Rose. I thought you were out on an expedition.” Julian placed the tray down on the table in front of Deryn. He put a teacup in front of her and started pouring, “I hope you are okay with silver tips imperial tea.”

“Silver tips is an excellent choice, thank you. You are right in your assumption, I have been out on an expedition, from which I just returned”

“I see. I suppose you are aware that my master has dropped out of college…”

“That is why I am here. How could he just quit; he has near infinite resources, he has the capacity to be quite intelligent, he has what I have lacked for most of my life, and yet he throws it away!” Deryn shouted, visibly enraged.

Julian sighed as he finally took a sip of tea himself, “You and master Maxwell are two different people. We are only responsible for our own path in life. To enforce choices on others might be considered too overbearing.”

“Yet it frustrates me to no end that Maxwell would do this. After all I have done to help him. I ask myself, was as it all for naught? It would appear my efforts were in vain?” Deryn stared down into her tea. Her anger had faded into dejection as see looked at her distorted reflection.

“I believe you have helped master Maxwell considerably, just not in the way you think,” Julian paused as he took another sip of his tea, “If you are concerned about my master, perhaps you can join Lamia Scale yourself. I think by spending time with master Maxwell you will come to understand him better. You must remember that not everyone thinks the same way you do.”

“You might be right, joining a guild could prove advantageous in the long run, and Lamia Scale has a decently good reputation…, I think I will join the guild and set Maxwell on the right path. He clearly needs more of my guidance.”

Julian sighed and murmured under his breath, “Were you truly listening to me at all….”

After spending the rest of the afternoon with Julian, and receiving his permission to stay at his master’s house for a few days, Deryn set out to the Lamia Scale guild hall again. This time she rapped politely on the door before slowly opening the door and peaking her head in.

“Hello? I am back. Hopefully I have come at a better time.” She said as she slowly walked into the guild hall.

CelticHero37 CelticHero37 thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo

Fermata and Stapes

Fermata grumbled as she changed in the guild hall’s bathroom. She finally emerged wearing a simple blue hoodie, jeans and tennis shoes.

“There, you happy now Stapes?”She asked, pouting as she put her hand on her hips, her other clothes tucked into her armpit.

Looking upon the other girl Stapes sighed. “I am never happy.” She replied simply. “Now, give me those clothes so I may dispose of them.”

Fermata held the clothes up in her arms and away from Stapes. “What do you mean ‘dispose of them?’”

Stapes inhaled deeply and watched as Manubrium walked over and ripped the clothes from out of the blind girl’s arms. With a small smirk she was pleased at her skeleton. That face instantly faded away and she returned to her usually dead expression as she took the clothes from him.

“Hey! That’s cheating!” Fermata pouted again as Manubrium walked off with her clothes.

“It’s not cheating. It is using your resources wisely.” Stapes corrected.

“You’re no fun.” Fermata crossed her arms and glared at Stapes. “You’re more fun than that dumb asshat though.” Fermata sighed and she took a seat on top of one of the tables in the guild hall and laid down on top of it, her legs dangling off the edge. “What am I supposed to do now. Aedon’s fucked off and he took Libby with him.” Fermata swung her legs back and forth for a bit, humming to herself as the wheels in her head turned. Suddenly, she shot up with an excited look on her face. “Got it! I know what we should do!”

“Go grave robbing?” Stapes wondered in her monotone voice.

“No! We’re going to throw a party!” She exclaimed, throwing both her hands in the air.

Stapes turned away, looking deep into Manubrium’s eye sockets. “I’d rather go grave robbing.” She complained. Her skeleton nodded in agreement.

“Come on Stapes! It will be fun!” Fermata said, placing her hands on Stapes shoulders.

“You and I have very different ideas of ‘fun’.” Stapes muttered.

Fermata ignored her sourpuss buddy and climbed up on top of the table, grinning madly. “We’ll call it the “Fuck Aedon” Party, since he’s a big fucking jerk who left without us.” Fermata announced, waving her hands excitedly. “What do you think Patty?”

Collab with: DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo

CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Patricia O'Shae

Patty wasn't really paying attention to what was going on at first. Her mind was still milling on about Libby's safety and trying to convince herself not to be anxious because Aedon was with her. However, it was something else entirely that would get her to relax. Her attention had suddenly been drawn when Stapes mentioned grave robbing. Her face lit up at the thought of this temporary distraction. "Grave robbing sounds like a fantastic idea!" she added, "Just give me a wee minute to pack a few supplies."

Patty then diverted her attention to getting ready, going behind the bar counter for something. Again she had zoned out the conversation until something caught her by surprise. Fermata had called her name and said something about fucking Aedon, which caused Patty to blush a bright red as she squeaked out, "F-fuck Aedon?" after a short pause, she zipped back out from behind the bar and began stammering out a response, "Wh-who, me? Where'd ya hear such nonsense? Don't be silly. We're just friends, that's all. ... s-sure he's one of the oldest guild members and I do know him quite well.... and... well okay, he is kinda cute at times, but who can deny that. That certainly doesn't mean anything happened. We're not that obvious... I mean... of course it's not obvious! Because it's nonsense. Whoever told you that needs to stop spreading rumors. I'm his guild master, that doesn't mean I'm his girlfriend or anything. Don't be ridiculous."

DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl Sophrosyne03 Sophrosyne03

Stapes

"F-fuck Aedon?"

The sudden and rather frantic outburst from Patty made Stapes raise an eyebrow. Instantly it was obvious to her what happened between the two. With a roll of her eyes her eyebrow fell back into place as she continued to listen to the frantic display of emotion before her. Why did people react like this with emotion? Emotion only clouds their judgement, they would be able to think much more logically without it’s distraction.

"Wh-who, me? Where'd ya hear such nonsense? Don't be silly. We're just friends, that's all.”

Stapes felt a spark jolt through her, like some sort of primal need. She has felt it before, many, many times. All because of that damn word. Why, why did people have to keep using that word?! Do they even know how much it hurts for her to restrain herself?! Stapes’ hands flew to the sides of her head and pressed down hard against it. She felt emotions of her own beginning to enter her. This was not a good sign.

She felt strong bones wrap around her as Manubrium ran over to help restrain her. Her subconscious really must want to remain in control if he came over to help. Wait, why was she referring to the situation that way? It’s because of him isn’t it?! She killed him! His remains currently assisting in restraining her, SO WHY DID HE STILL AFFECT HER LIKE THIS?!

“I'm his guild master, that doesn't mean I'm his girlfriend or anything.”

Another new surge entered her body. There was that FUCKING WORD AGAIN! “SHUT UP PATTY!” Stapes yelled angrily from her own restraints. She could feel herself slipping as emotions flooded her normally dead self.

Stapes sensed the anger, the anger directed at the one who spoke the command. She sensed the fear, the fear of hurting another who was in the room. She sensed helplessness, the helplessness of not being able to control herself due to a simple common placed FUCKING WORD. There it was, the anger again. Why couldn’t she just control herself? WHY COULDN’T SHE BE JUST LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!? WHY?! WHY?! BECAUSE OF HIM!

Stapes let out a full on scream of anger as she ripped her hands away from her head into an outstretched position. Affected by her sudden outburst, Manubrium’s skeleton separated behind her, his bones flying off in every direction like shrapnel. “Why?” Stapes chuckled once she was free from the skeleton. She swung her head loosely to look at Patty with insane yellow eyes. “Why am I like this?”

Last edited:
Patricia O'Shae

Patty was generally aware of the various quirks of her guild members. After all, that was part of her job. She was the cornerstone of the family, she was the thread that was supposed to hold things together and keep things from getting out of control. However, at this point, Patty was so preoccupied with the prospect that someone figured out her secret that she let the word 'friend' slip out -- more than once, and even then she missed the initial cues that she was causing Stapes distress.

That's why she was caught completely by surprise when Stapes told her to shut up. It caused her to jump and blush a bright red, as she was sure Stapes was calling her bluff. Excuses spilled out of her mouth for a moment, "N-no, I'm being serious. This isn't funny guys. We're just fr..."

The words were shoved back down her throat when she noticed the state Stapes was in and finally realized what she had done. She froze for a moment, before she slammed her fist down on the pile of gold in her pot and called, "Oh... POTATO! Now look what you've done Patty, you daft girl!"

Zipping in front of Fermata, she continued, taking charge of the situation, "Fermata... EVERYONE! Behind the bar! NOW!" Then, putting her hands out, she looked at Stapes calmly and said, "Alright Stapes, just take a deep breath. Everything'll be fine. This isn't your fault. I'm to blame. I apologize. But we can get through this, okay? Just look at me. Don't worry about anything else. Just remember who I am."

Patty had asked around and gotten all the information she needed to fully comprehend the situation. As such she was attempting to draw Stapes' attention away from Manubrium. She had dealt with incidents like this before, but no amount of previous practice could prepare you for when it happened again. There weren't any patterns as to how Stapes would react, perhaps anything could set her off at this point. However, that didn't stop Patty from trying her best. It was her duty to draw the good out of Stapes, not the bad. It was her duty to make sure her guild was well represented. It was her duty as a guild master to ensure the safety of her guild mates in their own home. The whole situation was her responsibility, and hers alone. She had brought this on, and now she had to deal with the consequences.

Despite all her hopes that she might be able to yank Stapes back to reality, Patty wasn't stupid. Although she hadn't gone into a transformation, as that would only provoke a violent response, she hung on the edge. If one would look closely, they would even notice the slit, catlike eyes of the Savage Lioness transformation glaring back with intensity. If Stapes did end up losing it completely, Patty would only have a split second to react. She had positioned herself so as to stand in between Stapes and the majority of the guild members present. This meant that the bone weapons would be coming for her first. If this happened, Patty needed to take the hits as the Savage Lioness; the transformation that granted her regenerative abilities. If she didn't react in time, Stapes might hit something vital such as the heart or the brain stem and manage to halt her transformation, which would result in her death and likely the death of many others after that, and that simply wasn't an option.

DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl Sophrosyne03 Sophrosyne03

Fermata

As much as Fermata hated to admit it, she wasn’t always the most observant person. Despite her echolocation giving her 360 ‘vision’, stuff still had the tendency to fly over her head. However, she also wasn’t born yesterday and when Patty begun sputtering excuses that her and Aedon were just ‘friends’, Fermata didn’t buy it. While Fermata picked up this right way though, she somehow missed registering her best friends trigger word and her growing insanity.

“Really Patty? You’re not fooling anybody.” Fermata huffed and crossed her arms. “I know something happened between you and Aedon so you can drop the act.”

Just as Fermata was about to tell her she didn't mean a ‘Fuck Aedon’ party in THAT context, she heard her buddy Stapes scream next to her.

“SHUT UP PATTY!” Fermata’s head whipped around to Stapes who was slowly losing her composure. Fermata’s sightless eyes widened when it slowly dawned on her just what Patty said.

“Why? Why am I like this?” Fermata felt her heart tearing in two when she heard Stapes and took a cautious step towards her.

“Stapes, listen to me, it’s not your-”

Fermata was cut off by Patty zooming in front of her, putting herself between her and her murderous friend.

"Fermata... EVERYONE! Behind the bar! NOW!" Putting her hands out, Patty looked at Stapes calmly and said, "Alright Stapes, just take a deep breath. Everything'll be fine. This isn't your fault. I'm to blame. I apologize. But we can get through this, okay? Just look at me. Don't worry about anything else. Just remember who I am."

“Are you nuts? I don’t need to get to safety, I need to help her!” Fermata exclaimed, moving around her small guildmaster to stand in front of Stapes.

“Listen Stapes, it’s me, Fermata.” She edged closer to her friend, her hands out in a pacifying gesture, and her voice softer than she had ever spoken before. “I’m your buddy, remember? Best buddy even. I know Patty said a bad word but we’re all buddies here, right? You don’t want to hurt your buddies, I know you don’t. So if you want, we can go rob some graves and THEN come back and throw my party. How does that sound, huh? Sounds pretty awesome to me, honestly.” Fermata smiled warmly at her friend, and prayed that her words would pull Stapes out and help her come back to her.

DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Insane Stapes

Stapes grinned in amusement as she watched the people scurry around in reaction to her own actions. Wait….it seemed that the littlest one just jumped in front of all the others to protect them? How adorable. Stapes threw one of her hands in front of her face as she gave out a small chuckle.

"Alright Stapes, just take a deep breath. Everything'll be fine. This isn't your fault. I'm to blame. I apologize. But we can get through this, okay? Just look at me. Don't worry about anything else. Just remember who I am."

Oh….oh how funny! This little creature was highly amusing, talking to her as if they were acquainted. She opened her smiling mouth to speak but stopped when another girl jumped in front of the tiny one. She seemed to argue with the smaller one before turning toward her.

“Listen Stapes, it’s me, Fermata.”

Oh another one who talked as if they knew each other. Do they not see that they are in danger? The one who called herself Fermata stepped closer toward her. Stapes could sense every one of her bones with ease...their shape….their remodeling, it seemed...familiar to her.

“I’m your buddy, remember? Best buddy even. I know Patty said a bad word but we’re all buddies here, right? You don’t want to hurt your buddies, I know you don’t. So if you want, we can go rob some graves and THEN come back and throw my party. How does that sound, huh? Sounds pretty awesome to me, honestly.”

Stapes’ yellow eyes stared at this ‘Fermata’. “Do you think I care about who you are or what you do?” Her voice was sharp and playful. Stapes let out another laugh. “I mean do ANY of you REALLY think you can stop me?!” She threw her arms out to the sides of her, lifting her face toward the ceiling. She stood this way for only a moment before looking back to Fermata with her insane eyes.

Stapes grinned and pointed a single finger directly at the girl’s face. A few drops of blood spilled out from the tip of her outstretched finger as the bone beneath was forced through the skin. “I could make you all friends right now…” She trailed off but her voice was filled with excitement. However, her attention snapped to a sudden rustling of bones. The skeleton of Manubrium seemed to be starting to put itself back together. “It seems I want control back..” Stapes walked over to where Manubrium’s skull lay on the floor. “WELL I WON’T HAVE IT!” She yelled and stomped her foot down hard on the skull, crushing it to pieces with the help of her magic.

Stapes suddenly spun back around to Fermata and Patty very loosely, her arms continuing to whip around due to the momentum. She gave out a little giggle before raising her bleeding finger yet again. “Now...where were we~?” She sang. Stapes went to take a step toward them but was halted by Manubrium grabbing her by the ankle.

Stapes tried desperately to shake off the skeleton hand but it wouldn’t budge. Manubrium’s bones came flying over from their scattered locations from around the room and slowly started rebuilding the form of the massive skeleton from the hand that held her.

“Why am I stopping me! Free me!!” Stapes shouted. “LET ME BE IN CONTROL!!” She angrily struggled against the skeleton as it grew. Her eyes watched as the skeleton continued to rebuild itself and her anger quickly turned into panic. “GET IT OFF ME!” She screamed in a panic, tears starting to flow from her insane eyes.

Once completely reassembled The giant skeleton of Manubrium wrapped its arms around the small form of Stapes. It was not an friendly embrace but rather one meant for restraint. “Why?” Stapes looked over at Fermata and Patty, a few tears still falling off her face. “Why can’t I be in control?”

Patricia O'Shae

Although Fermata was trying to help, and felt like she was the best one for the job -- as any good friend would -- she couldn't have been aware of the trouble she had caused by defying Patty and stepping in front of her. Immediately the delicate looking leprechaun threw her hands in front of her face and she suddenly plummeted toward the floor, her air magic giving out. The pot o' gold swooped her back up at the last minute, almost scraping her against the ground; somehow managing not to drop a single coin. Fermata had very nearly set off Patty's Savage Lioness transformation prematurely. Any lesser mage would have lost control. Patty almost did herself.

However, Patty knew full well that if she allowed the Savage Lioness slip out now, it would assure that Stapes would lose control. She fought back the nature welling up inside her, suppressing it as best she could. This took all her concentration, interrupting the air magic that had come to be so casually used by her. Hitting the floor or losing even a single coin would have cause her to lose the struggle.

Finally gaining enough composure to think straight, Patty dug deep for a different transformation to save her. The near antithesis to the Savage Lioness; the Kitsune Priestess. This effectively forced a calm within herself as she made the transformation. Having nearly lost control herself, Patty knew she needed to put an end to this situation one way or another before things got worse.

Patty Kitsune Priestess.jpg

Demons, Patty knew them all too well. After all, she was the daughter of one. Now she was witnessing a precious guild member struggling with her own demons. It just so happened that one of the best things to fight demons was a priestess. Grabbing Fermata, the Kitsune Patty lunged forward and tackle-hugged Stapes to the ground -- radiating a calm, healing wavelength as she did so. She didn't care anymore if she got stuck with some bones. She wasn't going to let Stapes fight her demons alone. It was unacceptable.

As they went to the ground, Kitsune Patty whispered, "Shh, We're here, Stapes. It's okay. I know it hurts, but I've got you. You are loved, don't you forget that. Everything's going to be alright."

Last edited:
Fermata

Fermata held her ground as Stapes yelled at her. While Stapes words cut deeper than any knife, Fermata knew that it wasn’t her buddy talking, it was the insanity that was bubbling up inside her friend. But Fermata refused to give up on her. She would face down Stapes’ demons and kick the crap outta them one by one. Unfortunately, Fermata knew it wouldn’t be as easy as all that and that Stapes would need a gentler touch.

Fermata’s trust in her friend was rewarded when Stapes’ skeleton companion attempted to restrain her. Fermata smiled as the skeleton rose even after Stapes stomped on it.

“See? Even Manubrium wants you to calm down! I know you’re in there Stapes! You're my best buddy in the whole world and we are going to have a fun day today damnit! I refuse to let you give into your demons!”

Despite her encouragements though, Stapes wasn’t calming down. As Fermata wracked her brain on what she could say to snap Stapes out of it, she felt someone grab her arm and pull her towards Stapes. Fermata suddenly realized that Patty must of used her take over magic because she appeared different to her echo location. Fermata allowed herself to be pulled along with Patty as the two of them tackle-hugged Stapes.

"Shh, We're here, Stapes. It's okay. I know it hurts, but I've got you. You are loved, don't you forget that. Everything's going to be alright."

“Yeah Stapes!” Fermata chirped. “I love ya buddy! Even though you’re the creepiest person I know you’re still my best buddy in the whole world. And nothing can ever change that!” Fermata told Stapes with her usual tact and grace.

DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Stapes

Stapes was surrounded. The large skeleton restraining her while she was hugged by these two others. The bone mage struggled and squirmed in an attempt to free herself but the embrace was strong. The two females both seemed to be giving her some words of love and understanding? The bone mage only screamed and writhed in response. She didn’t need affection from these people! Affection was for the weak! She’d KILL them for even touching her! Closing her eyes Stapes focused on reaching out with her magic. The left side of the ribcage was where she put her focus, all she needs is tiny bit of magic, just enough to bend a single rib into the heart. Stapes smirked at how easily life could be stopped.

Stapes sat still, her attack paused as a strange calming sensation came washing over her in waves. These waves, this feeling seemed to flow from this...creature, that embraced her. The bone mage drew in a deep breath and some of her emotion evaporated. No! She needed to focus! To end the lives of these idiots trying to stop her! She found herself taking yet another deep breath. Her magical grip on the ribs of the women near her grew tight but then suddenly released as her emotion dwindled. Stapes did indeed begin to focus, not on causing pain to those around her, but rather in an attempt to remember who they were.

Those next to her, one was Fermata, Stapes could recognize that train-wreck of a skeleton anywhere. The sound mage seemed to practically dedicate part of her life to becoming Stapes’ own ‘best buddy’. The other, a kitsune? It must be one of Patty’s transformations. The guild master of Lamia Scale, yet another who gave Stapes affection as well as guidance. Finally, there was the one restraining her, the skeleton of the man himself: Manubrium. The cause of all of her problems, the walking reminder of her past, and the only place her emotions can exist freely. She felt the skeleton’s grip loosen as Stapes took yet another breath. She was finally regaining control of herself, drowning out the monster of madness that resided with in her.

That’s right, her emotions. Stapes remembered, it was her emotion that was causing this. This loss of control, this insanity, she had let him take away her control yet again. Stapes opened her eyes, the yellow orbs drooping in their usual fashion. The smirk that had once been on her lips no longer held any expression. She twisted in the embrace to gaze into the dark eyesockets of Manubriums skull. It was as if she was looking deep within herself, pushing down the last bit of emotion that she could.

“I apologize for being unable to control myself.” Stapes broke the silence with her monotone voice. She turned her head back to look at Fermata and Patty. “No one seems to have gotten injured – myself included – so I suppose this could be counted as a successful return to sanity in some shape or form.” She noted, scanning around the room with her magic. Manubrium’s skeleton stood to his feet behind her, his eyesockets looking over the room.

The gaze of the bone mage came to rest upon her guild master. “It is clear what happened between yourself and Aedon. Hiding the truth at this point is futile, Patty.” Stapes turned her dead eyes toward Fermata and she raised a single eyebrow at her. “Creepiest person you know?…That seems accurate.”

thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Last edited:
Deryn Rose

“Hello? I am back. Hopefully I have come at a better time.”

Peering through the door as she slowly entered the guild hall, Deryn could see the same group of people she had seen in the guild hall previously. They were all huddled together in what she believed ‘normal’ people called a group hug.

Is this some strange bonding ritual they perform in Lamia Scale? I hope I am not expected to participate in such activities… It is quite discomforting to think that I would have to be smothered by multiple people…

She assumed that the kitsune creature was Patricia O’Shae. She based that assumption after witnessing the Lamia Scale guild master change form in Deryn’s previous visit to the guild hall.

Drawing a deep breath, she walked slowly into the room. After approaching the group hug she waved politely to get the guild master’s attention.

“Please excuse me if I caught you all at a bad time again,” Deryn said with as much courtesy as she muster, “If I may be so bold…Paaaatty…" She could barely say the guild master’s nickname without gagging in disgust, “I would greatly appreciate becoming a member of your guild. I earnestly believe that I would be of great use to Lamia Scale.”

Making a polite bow, she waited for the guild masters response.

CelticHero37 CelticHero37 , DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo , thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl

Patricia O'Shae
To Patty's relief, Stapes finally regained control. The situation had been safely handled. The guild master rose, still in her kitsune form, and let out a sigh. She started straightening the tables and chairs in the guild hall as the others talked. That is, until Stapes mentioned the situation with Aedon again. By now, she knew she had blown the secret, but having it brought up still caused her to stiffen a bit. However, she pretended not to hear anything as she continued tidying up.

Then she heard someone say her name in a manner that seemed rather unnatural. By the sound of the voice, she had a good idea who it was, the girl from earlier. Patty didn't understand why she kept coming back. She was contemplating acting as if she hadn't heard her name called, but then the girl brought up something that couldn't possibly be ignored.

The kitsune priestess's head flicked around and glared; probably a look she learned from Aedon. Then the kitsune became a blur, swishing through the tables and reappearing in front of the newcomer. As she moved she was accompanied by erie wind sounds and what seemed like the whisper of souls, Sha, sho, shu sundeiru, Patty sniffed, licked her finger, held it up in the air as if testing the wind direction, looked the girl up and down, grabbed her hand and inspected her palm, and circled her for a moment. Sa, do, yan! Then with a poof, the kitsune was suddenly a leprechaun again. A twirl of the finger and the pot o' gold was back underneath her and she shot up to look Deryn in the eyes. Then, she sniffed again before squinting and saying, "Why?"

Deryn Rose
Deryn jumped a little at the speed of the guildmaster. The kitsune creature muttered some nonsense and acted in a way Deryn couldn’t comprehend.
This is very strange… I guess if I join this guild I will have to get used to this… Theoretically the positives of joining this guild outweigh negatives, but so far everyone seems crazy…

The kitsune poofed and became the leprechaun she had meet earlier. With a strange look on her face, Patty asked ‘Why?’
Why what? Why I want to join the guild? Is this a test, or part of the process of becoming a guildmember.

Deryn cleared her throat and adjusted her glasses, “Well, the reputation of your guild proceeds you. Lamia scale has perhaps the greatest scholastic resources in Fiore. Your library is quite extensive. As someone who has spent their whole life in intellectual academia, it would be a great honor to join a guild that appreciates the considerable importance of the pursuit of knowledge. I have written several research papers on several species of plants like the Amorphophallus titanium, the Nepenthes, the Veilchenblau… I have even co-authored a book categorizing the flora of Fiore. I would be happy to contribute these literary works to your library if you don’t already have them. It this a sufficient reason to join your guild?”

I hope there isn’t some strange prerequisite I have to complete to join this guild…
She waited patiently for a response from the guildmaster with a cool expression on her face.

CelticHero37 CelticHero37 , thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl , DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back